Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daisy_me

UPDATE: Garden Circle Exchange Ring - June

daisy_me
16 years ago

Well, I've thought long and hard about this......but I've had to make a decision about the Garden Circle.

JUNE WILL BE THE LAST MONTH OF THE 2007 GARDEN CIRCLE EXCHANGE RING. Please ship your June box or letter, but you are not required to send anything for July or beyond.

I know the original intent was to continue the exchange ring for a year. However, due to busy schedules, life changes, and many more conditions beyond anyone's control, the circle has been rapidly decreasing. We unfortunately have to say Goodbye to 2 more of our pals this week--Sandlapper Rose and Fabraholic216 had to leave the circle basically due to life in general. It's sad, but it does happen. I hope there are no hard feelings about ending the Circle early.

I've had a lot of fun with this group this year, and I hope to see someone pick up the Garden Circle Exchange Ring sometime in the future and continue it. I hope everyone else has had as much fun and has made some new friends.

Happy gardening to all. :-)

Comments (25)

• wynative
    16 years ago

Debbya - I sent out your June package last Thursday & forgot to let you know... You may even have it by now but the conformation #0306 2400 0001 8224 0950

I am sad to hear that this will be the last month but I have enjoyed myself! Maybe later in the year we can do this again??

Marie

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

Alicia, I mailed your June package this morning so it will hopefully get there in just a few days...it's going priority and has plants inside so really hope it travels fast. At least we had 24 hours of rain before I dug the plants so that was a big help.
    Kelli, thanks for being our hostess. Maybe we can come back with just a monthly circle for something like a Harvest Garden Circle and a Christmas Garden Circle later in the year. I notice lots of the swaps seem to be slowing down - whether it's due to the bad weather in a lot of the country or higher postage costs or both, who knows.
    Stephanie, I sure have to thank you for being my pal for the first half of the year. Loved receiving the things that you sent!

Sandlapper

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Marie,
    Yes the package arrived Saturday. Sorry for the delay in posting. I feverishly finished my veggie garden this weekend. Planting some last minute herbs, lettuces. It seems as though I'm behind in everything! And always, trying to catch up.

Thanks so much for the beautiful strawberry/herb jar! I love it! After I'm done posting, I'm going to plant all the herbs in the container. I constantly cook, so use herbs daily. Also, thanks Marie for being my Pal for this exchange. I really loved/enjoyed everything you sent.

Kelli,
    I'll take over the swap. How many people are left? I really hate to see it go! Let's take a poll and see who's still interested in staying, and then go from there.

Deb

• wynative
    16 years ago

Stephanie/PastVast I recieved the May package today (I am posting here as you may not see the other) Thank you so much for the soap - it smells soooooo good and the hand knitted cloth! You did a great job and the color is perfect :) Glad to hear about your trip, it sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Although I am jealous of you getting to visit all the old churchs, what a great experience. Aaron was probably over the moon to see his Mommy :) It is nice to get away but even better to be with them again.

My daughter is helping friends on their dude ranch, for 5 weeks. She is give horse back tours to the 'dudes' :) She seems to be having a good time and meeting people from all over - even England. She thinks it is funny that they keep telling her that she is so young (12 3/4) to be able to do this. She has been riding by herself since before she was a year old - of course her first horse was 28 years old & named Butter Barney for a good reason ~ LOL It is a great learning experience for her but I miss her already :(

Deb - glad to hear it arrived so fast! and your veggie's are planted. I finished mine 2 weeks ago but it is slow in coming up as I am hauling water till the canal fills and the big sprinklers do their job! I know that is cheating but it is soooo nice not to have to use pipe! I share a 2 acre space with an old farmer and each year I try to plant something 'new'. He always finds seed and copies me! I think I have him this year though, I got some Peach Vine seeds and that should BLOW his mind hehehe

Every one have a great week! May your plants flourish and you get gentle soaking rain!
    Marie

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

As I mentioned in the above post, I'll gladly take over hosting this exchange. I need to know how many want to keep the swap going, and who's interested in staying.

If there is no interest with in a week or so, I'll just let the swap close.

Hopefully, we can keep this going! We really have a great group!

Deb

• daisy_me
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Deb--I sent you an e-mail yesterday with the inside scoop.....let me know if you didn't get it. :-)

• abcgirltx
    16 years ago

Jeanne, I received your package Wednesday. Sorry I haven't posted earlier, I left town yesterday to join my Dad at his WWII bomber group reunion. I can't remember all the stuff in the box, but thanks for all the plants! I remember there was a hosta, a canna lily, bellflower, Fireworks solidago (thanks, cuz I killed the last one you sent!), bee balm and maybe something else I'm forgetting. Also gladiolus bulbs, gloves and am I forgetting something else? I got all the plants in pots and watered until I can plant them when I get home. Thanks again for such a nice box, I'll miss you as my pal!

Deb, if we have enough interest to keep the group going, I'll stay in.

Have a great weekend y'all!

Alicia

• galium
    16 years ago

Dee,
    I mailed your package today.
    DC# 0103 8555 7490 7440 9645

Hugs,
    Mariann

• wynative
    16 years ago

Deb,

Of course I would love to stay in this.

Marie

• faintheart
    16 years ago

Mariann,

Thank you sooooo much for the wonderful package full of plants! I received echinacea 'White Swan', shasta daisy 'Crazy Daisy', coreopsis, snow ball bush and two daylilies 'Hall's Pink' and 'Happy Returns' and glad bulbs! They are all tucked into their new home. I am thrilled to have each of them and all you have sent in these past months will remind me of our new friendship for years to come. :)

I want to thank Kelli for her work in running the group and the opportunity to meet two more wonderful women as "sending and receiving" pals.

Maggie, I will work on your package over the weekend and get it sent early in the new week. I've been in Milwaukee for 9 days and catching up at the office has kept me more than busy these last few days.

Hugsssssssss,
    Dee

• etravia
    16 years ago

Hi everyone. I've been very busy also. My Step-daughter & Grand kids are visiting now, my sister from Alaska, & 3 exchange students from Sri Lanka are coming next week, so I've been cleaning & stocking up on quick food. And it's so darn dry out there that I have to water something every day. Hubby finally got our second pump running today, so I don't have to haul water out to my veggie garden. My lettuce was flat to the ground today, but after a good soak it perked up.
    I'm okay either way, dissolving or continuing. Postage has gone up considerably though. The price of everything has. Thats why I planted a veggie garden. At least we'll have bean, squash & mater' to eat!
    Stephanie, your package will go out Monday.
    Dee, my Hibiscus is knee high! I make sure it gets enough water! And the Acidantera & lillies are doing really well. Thank you!
    Have a good week everyone.
    Maggie

• daisy_me
    Original Author
    16 years ago

With the heatwave through the middle of the country I expected to see more people posting this week! Guess we're all enduring a little "pain" for our gardens!! :-)

Susan/Nightnurse--will be putting a box into tomorrow's mail for you. How was your vacation by the way?

• abcgirltx
    16 years ago

Yep, it sure has been hot, but I cut in a new planting bed and was busily planting it. Today was much cooler as we've had a little rain the last couple days, just in time to help me keep my new plants happy.

Mariann, sorry for the delay, but I'm putting your box in the mail tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Alicia

• faintheart
    16 years ago

Maggie,

My apologies for not getting your package out yet..I am struggling with lower back pain. Managed to prop myself here at the pc with a pillow so I can let you know.

The weather here has been extremely warm with very little rain. It seems to go all around us! I will let you know as soon as I am able to get your package out. Hope you are enjoying your time with family and your visitors!

hugs,
    Dee

• etravia
    16 years ago

No problem Dee. Hope your back gets better. I spend years going to chiropractors. I started doing yoga & that REALLY helps! Everything is going good so far with my full house! OH OH OH! One of my lilies from you is blooming! I'll take a pic tonight & post it! It's beautiful!
    Maggie

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

I've been checking the thread regularly to see if more were interested in staying. Only a few are interested, and it's not enough to keep the group going.

Alicia
    Marie
    Maggie

Hopefully, more will be interested (and post here to show interest).
    I'm sorry to say that the group has had it's last swap (for now). Unless more interest starts to show quickly to keep it going!

Deb

• abcgirltx
    16 years ago

Mariann - I didn't get your package into the mail until yesterday - sorry I didn't let you know sooner.

And to all, it's been fun being part of this group, I'm sure we'll bump into each other in other trades. Have a great summer and happy gardening!

Alicia

• galium
    16 years ago

Alicia, I received your Independence Day package today. Had a lot of fun opening it.

The ladybug candles are adorable and I really needed those Mini indoor plant tools. I was a little hard on my old ones.LOL I'm looking forward to hanging the Americana Spiral Wind Stock and the Tera cotta 'Compost Happens' sign. The little flags will go into one of my planters. The two little signs are cute and I really like the red, white and blue candle. At the end of the day I can relax with the Green Tea Cucumber bath beads and shower gel.

I can't tell you how happy I am that I met you here on the GCER. I've enjoyed your thoughtful gifts and getting to know you.

Kelli thank you for being the hostess of this wonderful ring. I've been blessed with having two wonderful new friends in Dee and Alicia.

Happy Gardening
    Mariann

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    16 years ago

Hi Kelli and all,
    Sorry to be so late in posting but vacation, illness and just plain catching up has kept me from being online as much.

Kelli I want to say thank you so much for this months box!!! And every months box for that matter. You have been the best! I put the plants in the ground this weekend. DH is pretty excited about the daylily..Fires of Fuji. He likes anything thats bright red/orange. I think its a beauty as well. The salvia and hosta are much appreciated as well. Can you tell me the name of the hosta again please? Like an idiot I threw out the tag. I know it had a cute name but for the life of me I can't pull it out of my head. The seed starting kit is so cute. I love the galvanized tin. I have been flipping around in those cute 4th of July shoes. :-) Have my twirly patriotic flag hanging as well just in time for the holiday! Took a nice long bath after gardening yesterday in that nice smelling bath salt. Felt wonderful. I have to say may favorite in the box was the lovely silver grape pendant. I love anything to do with grapes for some reason!!! It will look nice for work. I'm sure I'm forgetting something it was so jam packed. I also want to thank you so much for being a great organizer for the group. Will definitely look for future swaps that you hold.

Norma thanks for being so patient. Your package went out today. Hope your summer is going well!

Deb, thanks for offering to continue the trade. Although I have greatly enjoyed the whole experience my life has gotten excessively busy mainly due to increasing demands at work. I just don't think I will be able to give it as much as I'd like to over the next few months. I will probably be looking for another swap in the fall. See y'all around!!!!

• daisy_me
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Susan! Guess I checked the thread just in time. The Hosta is 'Fried Green Tomatoes'. The box started as a food theme (the hosta name, the grape charm, the herb box), but morphed into a potpourri of everything I had picked up for future boxes.

The daylily was actually blooming when I bought it last weekend so it's definitely labeled correctly. The blooms are gorgeous! The part I kept still has a couple of buds on it so I'll post or send a picture when it blooms again.

Glad everyone had so much fun with this swap! It was a blast to host, but all good things must come to an end.....

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    16 years ago

ahhhhhhh That was it!! Fried Green Tomatoes. I knew it was something cute. I will go out and label it now. Would love to see pics of the daylily.

Thanks again for all. I had a great time with it.

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    16 years ago

Not sure how many are still watching this thread, but at least you will see it Kelli! (Recognize anything in this pic?) Happy 4th all.

• wynative
    16 years ago

Stephanie/PastVast - thanks for the great box! Perfect timing on the ice cream theme! I just got a wonderful reciept for homemade ice cream that is over 100 yrs old.

My daughter comes home this weekend and we are having a welcome home party for her. The toppings will be a welcome addition :)

Stephanie also sent me a HUGE bag of Dahlias and a Healthy House Plant book.

Thank you for being such a great partner Stephanie & I love hearing about Aaron, I will miss that. Wishing you and your family the very best.

Marie

• bigmama4ever
    16 years ago

thanks for the box. plants are in great condition after the heat, that seal thing is a good idea, i will try it, it has been fun, i will be mailing my things on monday. thanks again

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    16 years ago

Glad the plants arrived in good condition Norma. I got the press-n-seal idea from Kelli. Smart huh?

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area