Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
veeja11

UPDATE: All my bloomin friends, look what santa brought Me

veeja11
17 years ago

This is a thread to post what you receive in the christmas in july swap, I received a christmas card with zinnia seeds from my pal Remy today. Thankyou not one of my zinnias has come up. Thankyou remy. zinnias were much needed.

thankyou. one of my mini rose gardens in full bloom Carol

Comments (149)

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

My two new day lilies for today

l
    Midnight Oil, AND,

Ruffled Valentine
    The company is gone and I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do it without "coaching". I'm pretty excited!!!!

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

~~Just a quick update for ~ SUE ~ sguanzon ~ I am planning on mailing your box out on this friday, hope that is ok with you, PLMK if it is not. I will ship when you are ready!
    Thanks
    Trish

• skohler
    17 years ago

BETH SO SO PRETTY :)))) I think somewhere you might
    have posted that you might want some yellow or orange
    daylilies or other then pink ????

will any of these go on your wish list ??? :)))

{{gwi:2103830}}

{{gwi:2103832}}

{{gwi:2103833}}

LOOKIE WHAT I GOT IN THE MAIL TODAY FROM
    TRISH NOW Who's the most NOW ????

{{gwi:2103834}}

wounderful garden tote with a journal :)))
    I Will be sure to use that to right reminder notes
    to me :))) for everyone knows my daily activiaty
    Here :)))) .
    As for the tote it's already in use :))) dj fits right inside so i can now tote him around :))))
    Just Kidding girl I love it .

well got a card game with us old timers tonight :))
    so will check back in tomorrow :)))
    GOOD NIGHT ALL
    susie

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Love all the pictures, Trish which is you and which is daughter?It is christmas in july for carol wonderful hostess gifts from Beth, rooster and bettie botts jelly beans with vomit, worm and dirt flavors, 2 beautiful daylilies from Maureen one with god edges secret splendor and soft summer nights. I love my gifts thankyou both. gave jelly beans to dh, he loves jelly beans. thankyou Ladies I am one spoiled hostess.my youngest baby{{gwi:2103835}}

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

#1 Angel has Irish Rose grower
    Nitelite has #1 Angel
    Carol has Beth
    Earthly has Remy
    DebbyA has Pattygrow5
    Hummingbird daisy has Nitelite
    Skohler has Patty2257
    Patty2257 has Dancingmoons
    Remy has carol
    Pattygrow5 has lunamoon
    Lunamoon has skohler
    Squanzon has hummingbirddaisy
    Beth has Debbya
    Dancing moon has Squanzon
    Irishrosegrower has Earthly
    Earthly valerian is the herbal valium should calm dogs without worring about over dose.I just love all these pics but may start another thread for fast posting of who sends and receives hugs to all

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Hi Susie and All, here I am, not in this month's swap but have been visiting and enjoying all the pictures. Just came by to say hello to all my friends and tell you I enjoy this Circle of friends. O.k. got to comment too.
    Welcome Klikitat, this is a great group, glad to have you.

Maryanne, (just my 2 cents)from personal experience, only time and baths will cure skunk. Also trying to keep dogs away from perimeter of yard in early evening when skunks are out. Don't know about inside the house, my sisters Boxer dogs did have a huge reaction to Febreeze...great big lumps under their skin. I was there when it occured it was so wierd to see. It had built up in their system over several months. Vet asked her if they had used it...(was sprayed on couch and carpet where they sleep) Can you get near your dogs with a wet washcloth to start and just pet them to start? I admire your patience with your dogs, they need you!

Susie how do you water that back daylily field?

Maureen love the wedding and flower picture.

Beth, your photos are breathtaking.

Mellen are you out travelling again???

Susie, I am definitely in the August swap!Hugs Y'all, Susan/Giverny

• skohler
    17 years ago

Lunch Break :))

Thank you carol for posting the list of who all is
    playing & I do Hope the ones who are not playing will still stop by to say Hi :)))

susan I have 200 ft of hose to run to the fields
    actually I have to pull it out there with my
    lawn cadet :))) then roll it up when its done :((

Cannot afford underground hose as of yet :))
    the field is just so pretty right now with all the
    new blooms . I walk it 2-3 times a day . :)

KLICKITAT : You Have Mail :)

As For Augs Swap " GRANNYMARSH" Will be in charge of that
    can hardly wait till she lets us know what it will
    be . we know irises but she might what us to spice it
    up a bit :)) .

time will tell GRANNY Can you give us a hint ???
    or you still working on it .

well DJ is on the porch we are going to go pull a few weeds :))
    back later gals .
    susie

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

Good afternoon friends :)
    Look what was waiting for me when i got home from work today........My first Stargazer Lily!! So pretty, and love the smell...I have at least 20 buds on my two plants getting ready to open...I have had to stake them, they grew so tall this year!!

~~
    Carol you are so sweet..."which is you and which is daughter?" My dear daughter is the one who is the
    young & vibrant one on the left!! I am the tired looking one in the middle LOL!!...Carol your pup is a cutie pie too!~~I think you are right about starting an ew thread for when we get our boxes! We are a very chatty group this time, with tons of beautiful photos to share!
    ~~Susie so happy you and DJ will get use out of the new garden bag!! It is too cool if he will actually stay in there! Again, many thanks for everything!
    ~~MaryAnne~ God bless for taking in those beautiful dogs, I am sure it can be frustrationg too, but i am sure in the long run, the rewards and their love for you will win out :)
    Well...thats it for now friends, time to get a few things done here...
    Blue Skies
    Trish

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

MAUREEN--I have asked for a list 2 or 3 times--hope you will be happy with your box-

Beth--those are real beauts!!!! Do they smell 'purty' too???

Trish--stargazer-beautiful!!

Carol-- good idea about the new post-does take awhile to load--but so many beautiful friends-flowers-and pets!! This is sure a 'fun' get together everyday!!!
    ((((hugs)))) to you all
    Jeanette

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

HI everyone. Don't have time to answer all right now, but just wanted to say hi Jeanette, Number 1 Angel. I'm sorry, I only see one post from you and it's from yesterday asking for my list. I wasn't able to respond yesterday. If the box is done that's fine. I'm really quite easy to please. If the box isn't done here's a couple of things I like, note cards would be nice, I love oriental lilys, hydrangeas, tulips, daffodils, clematis, daylilys, dark chocolate ......and who's the lucky one getting the homemade fudge?? I love any homemade desserts like banana bread, cookies, pound cake, brownies, carrot cake. My mother always baked from scratch so I'm spoiled :-) Not that most of us have time to make this stuff but I'm dropping hints for the future if any of my partners like to bake. Have a great day all, see you all tonight or tomorrow.

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Thanks for your reply Maureen--and I love your roses--I sent you a gw email earlier too?? --Your box is started but not finished--some of these 'hints' just might work!!!;)
    Catch ya later--thanks again
    Jeanette

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    Glad you all like that photo! Lol. Ok yesterday was rainy, now today feel like we are spinning into the sun, What next?!
    Susie,
    You have a good eye! The plant is Pulmonaria 'Roy Davidson'. Pulmonarias are hardy to zone 4. They do great in shade. Whenever I've seen them at nurseries in pots, they look really sad and not very impressive. Once in the garden though, I just love them!
    Remy

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Oh, Maureen, I'm the lucky one with the fudge and it is HERE today. I'm also very lucky to have Carol as my super partner.
    This box of goodies is huge and I'm going to unpack while I write. Otherwise I'll forget something. LOL, it is LOADED!!! There are several fans of iris. I love iris and hope to eventually have a nice big bed of them. I have no Idea what colors I already have planted here so whatever color these are will be most welcome.
    Something waxy green and yellow small evergreen looking leaves, very pretty and familiar looking but I can't put a name on it. Did I see this in your yard Carol? Where should I plant it?
    Daylilies, two, and there is a blom scape packed in with one so I can see what color it will be. What a good idea.
    I got a cheery yellow sun visor with an adorable little frog on it. Cute and useful too. Thanks Carol
    Oh Fudge, Yeah Fudge Yeah Carol. Mmmmm Can't thank you enough for that. Every once in a while I break down and buy fudge but is is never like homemade. This is heavenly. If another friend had not already claimed the title... I'd nominate you as #1Angel.
    OK, digging deeper, There is a pack of Mary Emgelbrit Garden notes and they will be quite useful. Two pair of pretty little ear rings, Pointsettas and plain gold balls. Just the size I prefer. A darling little angel pin in a red dress with green and white trim. It really does feel like Christmas!

Oh, found a card and it says the plant is eunomus(??SP??) OK Is is a creeper/ground cover, and how much sun?? I want to try to make it as happy as possible here in this mizerably hot and humid climate.
    A snow man book marker, cute as can be and maybe he will help me feel cooler. A teddy bear shaped soap. A shower will definately cool me off. LOL A soft black beannie Bear with a brown nose. He is going into the bedroom. They are all quite happy.The other Bear is on top of the fridge with the one you gave me while I was visiting.
    More snowmen! A small candle holder AND a snowglobe.
    Carol, I still can't see the bottom of the box!!!
    A snow man Bath scrubby, cute, cute cute and I can take a hint. I'm heading for the shower soon.
    A new, nuts the squirrel. He seems to be in much better shape than the old one but he has not done the tour of the USA yet Maybe this year will be his turn and the original Nuts will get to retire (Not like me) Here is a rotund little Santa with a big pack full of candle. A stuffed bear witha red Santa Had. I may hang him on the Christmas tree. A very pretty Christmas Mug with a tree and presents on it. There is Plaid "ribbon" on the top and rim and handle. I'm taking that to work tonight.
    OHHH Here is a very very fat little squirrel with an acorn that is almost as fat as he is. He'll be in the LR on the coffee table for a while. I think He'll make everyone smile.
    Lastly, there is a lovely little mosaic plate that says "It takes a long time to grow Old Friends", how true and how much I appreciate my friends here...

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Oh Lucky you Beth, your the one who got the fudge. I'll trade you a piece of homemade pie for a chunk of fudge :-)

You sound like you got a huge box of goodies from Carol. I love getting boxes!!
    Have a great day Beth.
    Enjoy that fudge, can you at least post a pic so I can just look at it and imagine eating it??

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Beth I am happy you liked your box, I am glad I got you as I went to hallmarks after christmas clearance with you and snowmen in mind. I was a bit unhappy that some said 2004 tho. The euonomus is emerald gold, it likes sun and won't get over 18 inches tall you saw it in my rose beds it is evergreen I grow mine as a little bush, you can root it by laying a piece on the ground and covering it with dirt. daylillies are mountain violet and cherry sundae, iris are yellow, lt blue and ? my daughter finally figured out what I like and came over today with a b day card saying spacecoast starburst was coming for my b day much better than the purple velour jogging suit I got last year, although I did return it and spend the money on daylillies. Since I was making fudge I made her some too her b day is on the 13th, she loves my fudge, so thanks to you she is happy also merry christmas hugs carol

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU CAROL!!!
    Hope you have a great day!!

Blue Skies!!
    Trish

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

==============HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL==================

Hope you have a Happy Birthday and a great year ahead. What a nice present you got from your daughter. Enjoy

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

Hello All!! I am happy...was going to cover for someone at work, but they called a while ago, and said i didnt have too!! Yippie!!
    Here is a pic of my "Blue Isle" glads, and my Balloon flower....
    Great Day to all
    Trish

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Trish ~ I have some glads that are "Blue something or other, but they are burgundy. Yours are beautiful!

I haven't been outside yet. Too hot!

Staying under the a/c
    Tina

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

OOOhhhh, Trish that glad is very pretty. How tall does it get? I'm going to be ordering a few from Old House gardens soon. They have about 3 heirlooms that I really want. I think they are the small flowered ones that get about 3' tall.

Hi Tina, when it cools off I would love to see a pic of your glad too. Stay cool,
    Maureen

• pattyp2257
    17 years ago

happy birthday carol and thank you for hosting the swap i have had a great time and will get your hostess gift out soon and trish i am fixing your box and will get it mailed by friday i just started my vactaion and now i have time to do something it has been around 92 degress here and heat index 105 so everything is hot my brugs are blooming the pink ones i have isabella and frosty pink sue i am glad you had a good bithday i am going to look at trailors sometime this week for our land in the the country we have 40 acres and i cant wait to move it will be about a year if the lord willing everyone stay cool and have a good day patty

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Phew, girls. How do you all keep up with these posts??? :) I've been busy with the darn job. I work in clumps and am off in clumps. This is my clump of time off.

Susie - I'll answer your email later today... gotta ponder your questions. Heh. I had to hold your package as the one thing I ordered online never showed up... so I emailed the seller. Turns out it was returned to her for insufficient postage so she sent it back to me and refunded all my money. That was unnecessary, but very nice! Nothing huge, but I'll have to find something else in the meantime to spend that cash on. Once it arrives, your package goes out. To think that the month is half gone!!! Ack!

I can't get over how gorgeous everyone's photos are. The flowers, the pets, the people. Great group here!

Today I picked green beans for the first season ever! Enough to feed me and my husband. Can't wait to cook them up tonight with a thick steak.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

• pattyp2257
    17 years ago

thrish i am getting your box ready but it may be a lilttle late like next wensday my grandbaby had tubes put in his ears last month and already they found blood clot is his ear and thank the tube has fallen out so please understand i am sorry to be late i take himm to the doctor tommarrow and we found out from there what has to be done but for sure i will get it mailed by wen the 26th thanks patty

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

~Hi Patty....Please dont worry about sending out my box, take care of your grand baby, that is so much more important!!!.....I havent sent out my box yet either to my "friend" It has just been so hot here i am afraid for the plants i want to send...but will have to take a chance, the heatwave is supposed to be over today.
    Dont sweat (hahahahaha!) it....Take your time!
    Blue Skies
    Trish/DancingMoons

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi Ladies Just wanted to pop -in and let you know what I got from jules today :)))

this was the only spot O could find to hang them so you can see :))
    {{gwi:2103840}}

My Cats Really love you & thank you for the toys & treats .
    as for the lights for my deck they are perfect :))
    love the color also for matches the house :)).
    also the bird feeder will hang next to the deck also .

the xmas candle holder will come in hand when the storms his & lights go out .
    we lost power for about an hour or 2 the other night but many didnt get their power back till late last night or
    early this morning so we were the lucky ones .

along with all the very nice gifts were 2 plants
    on my most wanted list :)) .
    speedwell- purple
    siberian Iris - Butter & suger love then nice plants :))

I tried to post earlier today but I had a problem
    getting into gw today .
    wasn't just gw web other webs also just said page could not be found :((

Jules thank you very much for the great box &
    you will fit in just fine all was packed just fine .
    I will do my best to get your box in the mail tomorrow & you should have it by monday :))) .

thank you for joining our group .

well I have a late job tonight so I better get going .
    hope you all have a great evening .

susie

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hi everyone.

remy, your box is packed and ready to be sealed in the morning and taken to the PO. now that the weather broke, just a tad, i was able to get out today and dig. things are still soaking and will be wrapped and shipped tomorrow. i'll post confirmation number tomorrow. sure hope you enjoy what santa brings you.

hope all the birthday girls enjoyed their special day.

hey carol, how does your old man kill the grass when he's putting in a new bed? it seems to go very quickly. does he burn it? i need some quick solutions.

one more.....
    {{gwi:2103841}}

be well all, stay cool!

happy blooms,
    maryanne

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

Hi all lunamoon sorry I haven't gotten your box out it has been so hot afraid to kill the plants it's supposed to be cooler later in the week. I'll get it out then. Patty

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

HI Susie - what nice gifts you got from Jules. I love the bird house and the butterfly thing. Really pretty.

Maryanne -- that baby is so precious. That pic in black and white is amazing. What is the baby's name? I went shopping and got some goodies for your box today. It's going to you Monday morning. I'll post back soon to give you the DC # Santa has heard that you've been very good and has lots of nice gifts for you!

Maureen

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Glad you enjoyed your package, Susie! The one thing that was ordered online arrived the day after I shipped your box. And the state flag was nowhere to be found. :( Looking at the photo it doesn't look like I sent much, but as long as you enjoyed the gifts and the plants, then all is well. I'm looking forward to the upcoming trades!

• skohler
    17 years ago

JULES YOU DONE JUST FINE :))
    Your box went out today & Hope that you will have
    it on Monday .
    Findly got into gw
    what is going on anyone else having problems ???
    I thought it was my server But now I don't think so .
    I pulled a muscle I guess while picking beans
    today HOW YOU ASK ??? Wish I knew the answer myself
    :((( My back is telling me to get off here
    & get the heat pad :))
    Have a great night all .
    susie

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Granny, Greg sprays the area with round up an lets it die then turns it over. is everyone receiving their boxes? 97 here today a record breaker. it is so hot a group in seattle is giving free air conditioners to elderley who can't afford one. alo to poor pregnant women. I am about to go into the air conditioned bedroom. my silk road lilly {{gwi:2103842}}

• klickitat
    17 years ago

A BOX ARRIVED YESTERDAY FROM SUSIE!!! I tore into the box like there was no tomorrow only to find a ton of clippings for my garden!!! One after the other came these plants which I can't wait to get into the ground. :) There were many Christmas goodies as well and I'll post pics later... thought I'd be at work today, but it appears something is attacking my stomach and I was up all night throwing up and other unpleasantries. :( Once I'm feeling better I'll photograph everything and show off my prezzies.

Have a great day all!

• skohler
    17 years ago

Oh My!!! Jules Sure Hope
    My Goodies didn't make you sick :( .

I Know you had to find an excuse to stay home right ??
    To get all your plants planted :)))
    Got ya we won't tell your Boss .

earthly : I guess that grand baby is going to take up much of your time now but we miss you ...

Carol : I sure Hope it cools off out there soon
    for you . I see it was 102 :((( ouch Hope your staying in where it is cool .
    & pray you don't lose power at any time .

well happy gardening all
    susie

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

Patty~ It's been really hot here too. I'm in no hurry so mail it whenever is good for you.

Maryanne~ That's an adorable picture of your grandbaby! What is her name?

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

maureen, thank you ever so much for such a wonderful, packed box.

maureen was kind enough to send me the following plants:
    a miniature african violet
    oriental lily purple sensation
    oriental lilium luminaries
    siberian iris steve
    a larger than life white peony
    daylily irma/uma upton -- maureen would love to hear the story and see the pic
    and (this brought tears to my eyes) daylily all american baby in honor of gianina (who, have i told you all yet today that i just totally love!!!!!)

i also received floral stickers, a box of whitman chocolates, eucalyptus bath salts and a bottle of nail polish (which is perfect, because i just borrowed some from my neice, now i don't have to buy one!)

maureen, i love the stationary you sent your note on. very nice!

maureen, what a wonderful box. you noted it was your very fist one in this group of gardeners. may i add it was a wonderful box and a real privilege to receive. everything was just perfectly wrapped and arrived healthy. it will be an honor to have these plants a part of my gardens.

thanks again :)

be well, happy blooms!
    maryanne

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

HI everyone. It's a beautiful night here on Long Island, about 80 deg and a light breeze -- feeling somewhat tropical.

Well I went to the daylily grower who lives nearby, and I was a bit unimpressed. She told me she grows 800 - there is no way this lady had 800 daylilys. She was a nice lady, and her gardens were very pretty -- but not so much better than mine:-) I guess when I hear AHS display garden I expected more. I got 3 named, 2 not registered, un-named, hybridized by her. Then, 2 days later one of the fans bloomed -- the wrong daylily. I got a double fan of "but I can dream" and one of them is NOT. It is a completely different color/type bloom. I was a little annoyed, since she dug them right from her garden while I was there - but I guess people make mistakes, right? When I emailed her, she told me I should bring it back to her and she would replace it. Now if that was me, I would have offered to bring the correct one to my customer, to keep the customer happy. I will NOT be buying anymore from her. I emailed her and told her I would keep the wrong one, and asked her for the name of the daylily I got that was wrong and I'm waiting to hear back from her.

Oh well...anyway

Maryanne, I am so glad your box arrived so quick. 2 days, wow. I'm so glad you liked everything. I also have special fertilizer for African violets but I couldn't find it. When I find it I will mail you a packet of it.

Here's Irma upton daylily and the story behind it.

{{gwi:71182}}

As told to me by Ida Flynn (Flynn's daylily gardens)
    She stated it is not on the AHS website, so it must not be registered... "The hybridizer, Mrs D.L. Mayo (Polly) was a friend and she did register several daylilies. I also know Irma Upton, who was Pollys best friend".

Also, it is supposed to be more lavendar than the pic shows.

I can't wait to see it bloom.

Hope the chocolates didn't melt. What I would do for a whitman's chocolate right now (lol).

And you are so sweet to compliment me on the box and plants, it was a pleasure having you:-) Enjoy the plants and that darling baby Gianini. What a pretty name. I'm loving these pics of her.
    Good night all
    Maureen

• skohler
    17 years ago

Maureen sorry about your trip to the daylily farm
    I have had the same thing going on here is my field .
    I bought many many plants from one place last fall .

Now I see that many of them look like the same plant but with another name attached to them .
    so trying to correct them .

carol : Hope all is well I sent you an email
    yesterday No reply .

Has everyone recieved their santa boxes ???
    I think Mine will be here today or tomorrow :))
    we've had some nice rains & our gardens needed
    it :))

have a great day all
    susie

• skohler
    17 years ago

HO HO HO Santa's sleigh Has arrived :)) loaded with
    my goodies ::::)))))

He Brought me
    A Thermometet to hang on my deck
    A Butterfly Hook to mount on my
    planter table for my tools
    Plant stakes ,
    Journal book to keep track of the plants in my trades
    with my garden family :))
    Note pad to sit by my phone for anything I might have
    to remeber :))
    2 Packs of some really cute bird & garden stickers
    1 pk of real flower xmas stickers
    Priscilla Hauser - Painted Impression Rub ons
    Transfers .
    personalizes picture frame so cute .
    "CHOCOLATE CARMELS " MMMm & daddy thanks you
    its the only candy he can eat without teeth :)))
    He called them his tootsie roll

luna sent me 4 very nice plants to add to my list

HEUCHERA - SnowWhite so pretty
    Aurina Sayatihs - BASKET OF GOLD
    BALLON FLOWER --- BLUE
    ORANGE MINT

All very nicly packed & wrapped marked with very nice
    stakes Mine were about gone thank you for sharing more with me :))) .

my santa was very thoughful thank you luna :))
    May your xmas is just as nice .

Now I'm going to hang my hook & other goodies .
    Happy gardening all

susie

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I'm still waiting for Beth's box. Priority seems to be taking longer than ususal.

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Beth's box arrived today! I can't pick out a favorite item, there were sooo many!
    Beth really sent such a neat "Holiday" themed package! Everything was in reds/greens, so festive!

Holiday kitchen towel, Holiday scrapbook paper, Snowblizzard Daylily plant, Daylily- Seedling ? /purple (Beth, the marker smeared, could you clairify what it said, so I could label it?)
    Hosta-"The Night before Christmas" - gorgeous plant division! I love the drastic green (almost black color against the snow white), I'm sure it will be my favorite! Beth sent the original tag from the plant, so I could see what it looks like when full grown, and it's really stunning).

Candy- green apple/strawberry, Debbie Macomber book "Angel's Everwhere". I can't wait to read it, being a Minister and CCD Teacher, I just adore Angel stories!

Bell and Snowflake stamper set, really gorgeous snowflake glitter stickers!

Beth, you OUTDID yourself! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! I just love everything! Christmas in July was really in Beth's box today!

Hugs for everything!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Beth also sent a bubble ornament nightlight! Couldn't leave that out, LOL!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Excuse the fast typing... What I meant to say was--Couldn't leave that out! I never spell check or even double check to see what I write.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Hmm? My computer's acting strange. In the above post (that I tried to correct), it showed mismatched letters? Now, the post is fine? It's either-Gardenweb or I've got a virus! Off to run the virus protection program!

Deb

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Deb and Susi, sounds like you guys got great boxes!!

I haven't received my box yet. I'm waiting patiently. I love presents and can't wait to get mine:-)
    Have a great night everyone. I am so happy that it is Friday!!

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Maureen--your box will go out on monday--and I hope you will enjoy it--I have had a little 'bad luck' lately--and its been so hot---THANKS for being patient!! I have not received my box yet either and am anxiously waiting too!! At least I'm not the only one mailing late!!:)
    Time to head home--
    Jeanette

• skohler
    17 years ago

Number_1_ I Thing Tina (Hummingbirddaisy has your name
    I hope all is a ok up in Iowa with the heat wave that went through there also .
    tina are you still hiding in the air-condiction room :))) Number_1 _ angle is looking for santa sliegh :)) .

Maureens is going out on monday Is there any others that have not gotten their boxes yet ???

If you have not sent your boxes please do so .
    So we can get our Aug swap started on time :)))) .

Hope you all have a great weekend
    Happy Gardening
    susie

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

Here is a list of partners, will start a new list for received
    #1 Angel has Irish Rose grower
    Nitelite has #1 Angel
    Carol has Amybabyboy
    Earthly has Remy
    DebbyA has Pattygrow5
    Hummingbird daisy has Nitelite
    Skohler has Patty2257
    Patty2257 has Dancingmoons
    Amybabyboy has Beth
    Remy has carol
    Pattygrow5 has lunamoon
    Lunamoon has skohler
    Squanzon has hummingbirddaisy
    Beth has Debbya
    Dancing moon has Squanzon
    Irishrosegrower has Earthly
    lets have fun Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight

• pattyp2257
    17 years ago

hi everyone we finaly got some much needed rain and my brugs really needed it i have isabellla and frosty pink blooming they are about five feet tall i really want a red one Trish my husband mailed your box wensday i hope you like it it has been so hot it was hard to send plants i hope they arrive safe today i took my grandson to see monster house for his 7th birthday and found a real good deal at payless shoes 20.00 shoes for 5.oo that was a deal got his hair cut for school and everyone be careful checking emails from wireless phone we have someone stole my name and ordered phone and sent them to Maryland and luckly my network sent me text mess to say my account password had been changed and i called and asked what was going on and some one fauded my account what a bummer i had to put fraud allert on my credit and it feels weird to see how easly they did it well i hope everyone has a nice evening stay cool patty

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all I am finally out of the heat, 60 today with a breeze maybe rain tomorrow. Get those boxes out, this is supposed to be a safe group. I don't wanna get spike out of the garage. i receive a hostess gift from plant lady Jan gloves and seeds, confusing since I don't think she is in this months swap. Thankyou Jan. cool weather to you all. It's wonderful. hugs carol

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

~HO~HO~HO!! Santa (pattyp2257 ) arrived at my house yesterday!! The box was so full of great things!! I recieved a really pretty Christmas kitchen rug! Peppermint candies! red & green gardening gloves! A bag of "white christmas" potpourri, and adorable christmas rocking horse ornament, Some plants! Calla, Peru daffadils, and an un-named daylily, which will be a surprise next year, i will tag it patty's surprise lilly, and see what comes up! :)
    What a great box Patty!...this was my first Christmas in July swap, and you really made it very special for me!! Thanks very much for all the thoughtfulness you put into it! This was a great gift!!
    Blus Skies!
    Trish/DancingMoons