Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaruzicka

GOM:: it's Miss August 's turn!

lindaruzicka
15 years ago

It's Miss August's turn, this month: Deb (Momcat)

Let's all have fun, spoil Deb and make this a great month for her!

We'll be having a little question and answer session for her month and by the end, we'll all know her a little better.

Each question will have two parts and each part will have points. The second part having more points. The winner with the highest points for each question will win a prize for that question.

At the end of the month, everyone who has played will receive a little something whether you've won any questions or not....is everyone ready???

Here is the updated GOM list as some of the original group are no longer playing!

Debbya...Deb...Miss April

Lindaruzicka...Linda...Miss June

IShareFlowers...Lisa...Miss July

Momcat...Deb...Miss August

Canyonwind...Annie...Miss September

Happyseed...Sonja...Miss October

UNCGardener...Kara...Miss November

***And then for the month of December, we will do a swap amongst the above super group of seven GOM......parteners will be decided in the Fall!!!!

Remember shipping date deadline is the 25th of the month!!

Comments (150)

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hi ladies...I've been down with a stomach thing...sorry I haven't been on.

The thing with Sonja is that she did email that she sent something out. The other ladies didn't. Shall we wait until this month's mail date and see if she's going to mail? I'll try to get hold of her too..I hope she's okay.

Annie and Kara both are close....so I'll give another clue for the tie break....

This is something that Deb enjoys getting comfortable and doing while at the mall during the hectic Christmas shopping holidays....

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

A massage! I know I've had a few at the mall.

In regards to Sonja, I agree with what you said. She did say she mailed out something. So hopefully, it arrives soon. The only thing is we did drop others that didn't send in less time. Sonja will be 2 months behind soon.

Sonja,
    I hope your ok, please post soon.

Deb

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Okay Ladies, I'm baaaack!

I still haven't gotten a box from Sonja even though it was going to be mailed on the 10th of July and again the beginning of August. As Deb said he is now almost two months behind in the swap.

I hate to be the one to say it but everyone else seems to be pussy footing around it.

I think that she has broken the rules of the swap like the others before her and we need to move the list up one again.

Anyone else?

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

I just had a chance to scroll thru the thread and read what's been happening.

Momcat, It sounds as though your enjoying your month so far and everyone has been getting to know you better.

Canyon,What an unusual question, shoe size? but I'll play I'm an 8 or 8 1/2.

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Deb, nope that's not it either....but here's another clue...she's sitting while she's doing it....

Miss August...your box will be shipped out next week..there's a plant I'm waiting for to get a bit bigger. I think you'll like it.

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

How about she likes to sit and people watch?

I am waiting for payday and then I will send out my box!
    Have a good day everyone!
    Kara

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

"bells ringing, whistles blowing and snow flurries flying"...Kara you are right!...Deb loves to people watch after she's finished shopping. Good job!

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Just checking in quickly to see how things are going!
    Plus, bumping this up to the top..
    Who's going to host September's month? Any volunteers? ;)

What have we decided to do about Sonja? I hate dropping people, but when someone is 2 months behind in a swap sometimes you have to do what's best to keep the swap running smoothly.

Deb

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Deb,
    I feel the same way about Sonja, I feel bad but it has been almost two months now. I'm for moving up a month.

Linda, annie,deb and kara, we would like to know what you think too. This is a group decision.

Lisa

• momcat
    15 years ago

I agree about Sonja. I do hope everything is OK with her, but think it's time to move everyone up a month.

Deb

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

I am going to go with the rest of you on this one and say bump us up another month, though I do hope Sonja is ok!
    Kara (that would make me Miss Halloween ;) )

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'll have to agree...we haven't heard back from her so we'll have to bump.

Hmmm...we haven't heard from Annie since she went bear camping...I wonder how that went?

and how's everyone's garden's doing? I have some plants that I'm waiting to see what they are. I have some plants that have finally bloomed...and my butterfly bush (which is new from a swap) actually had a butterfly on it this morning...how cool is that? The little bush only has three flowers on it but I guess that was good enough!

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Good Afternoon,

I am back...the bears, the canines and the humans had a grand time together!!!

As far as Sonja/Happyseed....she said she sent Miss July...Lisa...a box in July and in August...well obviously she didn't because Lisa would have received it by now. And, of course, Miss August...Deb is waiting as well. It would be lovely if people would simply post and say, "Sorry, I can no longer participate" and if they post that they are sending/or have sent their box...they better do it. But unfortunatley that is not the way people operate!!!!!!

So Kara you will move up to Miss October!!!

Do you guys still want to do a November...Holday kind of swap exchange amongst the remaining GOM members Deb (Debbya)...Deb (Momcat)...Lisa...Linda....Kara and me? (We would each do a swap with one person) OR do you want to call it a day after Kara's month as Miss October is finished????? I am fine with doing an exchange in November but if you ladies want to call it quits, that is fine! Speak up!!!!

All is doing well on the farm ...but the squirrels nd rabbits enjoyed quite a few tomatoes while we were gone. The Germans are back so I am sure I will not lose anymore! They are wonderful at scaring the heck out of intruders who enter!!!! Lots of corn...hot chiles...tomatillos...string beans...cucumbers...melons and most of my flowers are doing beautifully...................

Load 12 of laundrey is calling my time...must run!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well Annie, we're glad to hear that you're in one piece..did you have a good time?

I think a holiday exchange in November would be a great way to start out the holidays.

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

A Holiday exchange sounds good to me!

Deb

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Annie, glad to hear everyone enjoyed themselves.

I too would like to continue until November.

Lisa

• momcat
    15 years ago

Welcome back Annie, I'm so glad you had a nice trip.

I'm all for a Holiday swap in November!!

Deb

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Linda...I want to know more about Miss August!!! Anymore "Q"s???? I'll even play if there is not a prize on the line...LOL!!!

Annie

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Kara...sent you an email!!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

okay Annie..you got it!

What is Miss August's favorite food?

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Annie, sent you back and email :)

Everyone,
    I would be in for a November swap as well!

Kara

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Deb's favorite food...HHHMMM...A Medium Rare New York Steak!

If that is not correct, is it in the beef, pork, chicken or fish families????????????????

Annie

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Deb's favorite food, hmm? Pizza!

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

okay, Deb is closer than Annie...."taking bite out of pizza and adding mushrooms to the steak"...

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Good Sunday Morning,

Deb's favorite food is lasagna....as I drink my morning bottle of Chianti!!!!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

"holding out glass"..care to share?.....okay, let's try types of food..Italian and Chinese are not it...

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Mexican? I love going to a good mexican restaurant occasionally!

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

yah Deb!! "throwing confetti"...
    Now the second part...what is there about the Mexican food that Deb sometimes doesn't like about it?

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

and who is volunteering to host for Miss Sept?.."counting hands"

also...I'm hosting a MNF "FLowers, Feathers and Fun" Swap in September and sign ups are going on now, you all are invited to drop by for a burger and swim..."shamelessly plugging my swap"

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Deb get's gas/indigestion from the beans! ;)

Deb

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

It is to spicy and hot for Deb....as I pour an entire bottle of habanero sauce on my refried beans...so yummy!

Annie

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

My Package will go out tomorrow, I had an early meeting this morning and won't get out of work until after the PO is closed, sorry, it will be one day past the deadline!
    Kara

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

MIne is late too Kara..and I'm the hostess!.."shaking head"...

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

this round goes to Annie...Deb loves Mexican food but not when it's too spicy..."handing Annie a fire extingisher"

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

hello ladies,

how is everyone doing these days? I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately. I was on vacation for 10 days and while I was gone my dear friends 25 y/o son died. I have been a bit busy!

I'm back now and looking forward to putting a box together for Annie.

Annie, I was checking you wants list and pretty much tells me that you like anything for sun. Is this still the case?
    I wanted to pick up a coiple live plants tom send but want to be sure before I buy. please let me know and send me your addy PLEASE!!!

Gotta go and cook dinner, Have a good night

Lisa

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Deb, I mailed your box this morning, the DC# is :
    0306 0320 0000 3586 3948
    Wish I could have sent live plants but it's just too darn hot....Hope you enjoy what I picked out for you!
    Kara

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Lisa,

Sent you my address via email and SUN plants are wonderful!

Annie

• momcat
    15 years ago

I'm sure whatever you sent is great Kara. I will be watching for the box.

I can't believe this month is almost over already!

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lisa, I"m sorry to here about your friend's son..((HUG))

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Oh, Thank you Linda but I'm more worried about her than myself, of course. She has just finished her last round of chemotherapy for lung cancer and then this! How much is one poor woman to take!!! Life just doesn't seem fair sometimes.

Annie, I;ll be on the hunt for some nice sun plants for you. Do you have any part shade areas? I saw some nice plants for part shade.

Deb, It was a long wait and now your turn is almost over, it's so sad!

I'm off to walk my yard and see if anything new is happening.

Have a great night ladies
    Lisa

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Lisa, my thoughts and prayers for your friend.

I can find a happy place in my yard for shade, part sun or full sun plants. I would assume that East Coast garden centers do not have lots to choose from during this time of the year. Make life easy on yourselves...I am very easy to please!!!! My garden will love whatever you ladies send!

Off to combat the squirrels....

Have a great day!!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

okay Miss August, I"ll be mailing your box out tomorrow as well as a little something to all of our eager participants of "Getting to Know Deb"....

so who is going to host the September GOM? Who do we have that hasn't hosted?..

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

If no one wants to host, I'll do it. I'll put up a new thread tonight.

Any last minute volunteers? ;)

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Miss August, could you please send me your address? I have one but I'm not sure if it's right.

In fact, I could use everyone addresses to send out the prizes. It's not that I'm too lazy to look through all my paperwork for them..oh wait..I AM too lazy!!.."L"

I appreciate you stepping up to the bat Deb to host Miss Septmeber! "round of applause for Deb"

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Deb, your confirmation number is: 0308 0730 0000 5993 9958 ..I hope you like everything, let me know if the plants make it okay!

I hope you've enjoyed your month as much as I have hosting it! We all know you a little better than we did when we started.."S"

• momcat
    15 years ago

Thanks Linda, I will be watching for it, and will let you know when it arrives.

The box from Kara arrived today! Such a nice surprise! She sent a really cute Iris candle. The candle is in the shape of an Iris plant with a flower, I've never seen anything like that before. A tin of Dog Garden Grass, it comes in a cute miniature metal garbage can. I'll have to start that right away! A pretty smelling bar of Gardners Herbal Hand Soap, a pretty note pad, some plastic baggies for seeds, and some seeds for a Japanese Morning Glory with variegated leaves (that's one that I'll have to start indoors late in the winter!), a tube of Sweet Pea & Papaya lotion, (I am going to be smelling so good for a long time with all the lotions I've received), lotions are one thing a use all the time, so I am so happy with the supply I now have!, and she also sent two Better Homes & Gardens special interest magazines, one is on Gardens, Decks, and Landscaping, the other is Garden Ideas. I will be able to sit back in the fall, and plan for next year!! I have so much work, and so many flower beds I want to add in the back yard next year. I think I will get lots of ideas from these two magazines. Thank you so much Kara!!

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I love to look through garden magazines. I mean, you can go online but I like to sit ina chair and relax with a good one to browse through.

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Deb, I'm so glad it got there and that you are enjoying everything!
    Kara

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Very nice box Miss August!!!! Enjoy!!

Dog Garden Grass...I must check that out as I have not heard of it!

Have a great Friday!

Annie

• momcat
    15 years ago

Linda, your box just arrived. I was getting worried since you said there were plants in it, and with the long weekend... But they're here, and the plants look wonderful! There is Cleome, Bat Faced Cuphea, Cardinal Vine, and Malva Zebrina. I am going to go out and get them planted as soon as I'm done posting. I also got a pretty tea cup and saucer with an assortment of teas, a gorgeous wind chime, a wind spinner, two yummy smelling candles, and a pretty glass holder, and a cute snail pot sitter. Thank you so much Linda, I just love everything!!

Deb