Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
GOM:: it's Miss August 's turn!

Posted by lindaruzicka Z6 PA (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 08 at 0:37

It's Miss August's turn, this month: Deb (Momcat)

Let's all have fun, spoil Deb and make this a great month for her!

We'll be having a little question and answer session for her month and by the end, we'll all know her a little better.

Each question will have two parts and each part will have points. The second part having more points. The winner with the highest points for each question will win a prize for that question.

At the end of the month, everyone who has played will receive a little something whether you've won any questions or not....is everyone ready???

Here is the updated GOM list as some of the original group are no longer playing!

Debbya...Deb...Miss April
Lindaruzicka...Linda...Miss June
IShareFlowers...Lisa...Miss July
Momcat...Deb...Miss August
Canyonwind...Annie...Miss September
Happyseed...Sonja...Miss October
UNCGardener...Kara...Miss November
***And then for the month of December, we will do a swap amongst the above super group of seven GOM......parteners will be decided in the Fall!!!!

Remember shipping date deadline is the 25th of the month!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GOM:: it's Miss August 's turn!

Good Morning,

Sonja (Happyseed) has not posted a DC # for Lisa and we are entering the month of August. Do we bump everyone up a month...again??

Off to Del Mar Race Track for a day of horse racing and betting, of course. And I will be wearing a big red floppy hat...California style!

Have a great day!

Annie

o

This is so exciting!!

o

Hmmm, what do we do if someone doesn't send a box at the end of the month? Should we bump up another month? Good question Annie.

Deb

o

I wonder if Sonja is having some kind of diffculties?..hmmm.....

o

Hello ladies,

Happy B-day month Deb, I have your package ALMOST ready to go. I hope you enjoy your month as much as I enjoyed mine.

I got an email from Sonja on the 29th, she said she had some personal issues that prevented her from mailing and that she would be mailing out the next day. I haven't heard from her with the conf# yet.

Linda..... I'm ready!!!

o

I hope Sonja is okay! I'm glad that you had a great month Lisa! We aim to please and it's so much fun to fill a box for someone else.

okay onto the first question. As I said, these are about Deb and we'll know all about her when we're done this month. If hints are needed, I'll be glad to give them.

The first question (for 5 pts.) is: What is Deb's most favorite flower?

o

Well... she says hardy geraniums, perlargoniums, jmg and lilies. I'm going to say Hary geraniums because thats what she listed first.

o

good guess Lisa, but not right...what she told me isn't on the list...another two guesses and then I'll give a clue!

o

I will guess roses......

Deb...enjoy your special month!!!

Annie

o

Hi Annie..nope, not roses...."waving flower under your noses"...

o

Hmmm.... how about columbines

o

Hurrah for Lisa!!..."round of applause"....that's 5 pts. for you..NOW....

the second part of the question for 8 pts is...What doesn't Deb like about the columbines?...da da da da ..da da da da...DA dee dee dee dum....

I will be gone all day tomorrow but will check this before I zip out at 5:45 am...."yawning"

o

Linda,
I'm going to say that she doesn't like that they don't last for long or how they kinda get brownish leaves after flowering.

o

OK Linda ....Deb does not like pesty leaf miners on her beautiful Columbines!!!!

Annie

o

Lisa, you're really really close...

o

Linda, that the flowers fade away too quickly and/or only once then they look like sticks in the garden or mine does anyway

o

okay Lisa, you're almost there...one more clue.....

we'll make it multiple choice:

is it:
a. the blooming season is long

b. the blooming season is too short

c. the blooming season is just right

d. they don't like porriage

"whistling and looking up at the ceiling"

Annie, your guess is good even though not correct..I wouldn't like leaf miners on my columbine!

o

blooming season is too short!!!

o

Wow!! Good job Lisa!! I had to go back and look at the e-mail I sent Linda to see what my answer was!!

My flower beds are so packed, that once the columbines are finished blooming, other plants take over and cover the ugly browning leaves, so that has never bothered me.

Deb

o

"Applauding Lisa"...I will be sending a prize out this week.

Deb,
I like how you judge the correct final answer..works for me!

okay next question for 5 points:

What is Deb's favorite season of the year?

o

Hey Linda,
When I said flowers fade away to quickly, I meant short blooming season.LOL

Linda, I say that Deb loves the spring because all the fall work is done and things are starting to pop out of the ground, not long before blooms start!

Thank you... with nose in the air, I was right!! (for a change)

o

Hey everyone, I just got back from a long trip for work, glad to be home!
I guess that Deb's favorite season is fall (because someone already guessed spring lol)
Kara

o

Good Morning,

I am going with SUMMER...tiz the time you get to enjoy all the pretty flowers...the hummingbirds...and the heat!

P.S.....Kara, sent you an email a few days ago through GW. If you did not receive, please let me know! Linda sent you an email as well!

Annie

o

okay Lisa and Annie, you both have good reasons for your choices...BUT.....the answer is FALL....so Kara wins 5 points......now for another 5 points (and if there is a tie, then another question between the two winners)....WHY is fall Deb's favorite season??...."drum roll"....

o

Linda,

I have some catching up to do...LOL!

Fall is Deb's favorite season because the weather is so beautiful...not to hot...not to cold and the changing of leaves is truly gorgeous.

Annie

o

Annie, I don't believe I got an email unless I missed it?
Please resend :) Thanks!
My guess is:
Deb's favorite season is fall because it's cooling off and you get to harvest and take a break from all your hard work (seeds and veggies, etc)
Kara

o

"sirens blaring and buzzers going off" We have a TIE!!!!

Annie and Kara are tied...sooooo....I will ask one more question and this will decide it..unless you both tie again..."laughing"

Yes, Deb's favorite season is Fall because of the temps, and the colors of the leaves...however...there is one more part to her answer....

can you guess it? If not I can give a clue....

o

Linda,

My guess...I will say Deb is also in to College or Pro football which makes every FALL season a better one...LOL! ! Go Notre Dame!!!!

Annie

o

good guess Annie, but no go....here's a clue...

she likes it because it's the anticipation of something....

o

Linda,

My guess....Deb looks forward to the holidays....THANKSGIVING and CHRISTMAS????????

PS...Kara sent you another email last night this time directly from my email!!!

Annie

o

I say it's the anticipation of planning for the next spring and winter sowing? (I was gonna guess holidays also but you beat me to it lol)
Kara

o

hmmm... I wonder, when do the dog shows start.

o

AAAHHH Lisa...that is a very interesting thought...dog shows!!!!!! But I will stick with my HOLIDAY...THANKSGIVING....CHRISTMAS response!

Come on referee Linda does Deb anticipate the start of dog shows or the planning for next Spring and Winter sowing or the Holidays??????

Have a great evening!

Annie

o

Miss Annie..you have won this round..it is in anticipation of the Holidays!...there will be a small prize forthcoming in the mail as well as Lisa's for her winning the first set.

Now...this is what we know about Miss August so far....
She loves columbines but they bloom so early. Her favorite season is fall. She loves the crisp cool air, the chilly nights, the fall colors and the anticpation of the holiday season....

so ladies,..where are we on getting out her boxes? I have mine almost ready..how's everyone else doing??

o
new question...

for 5 points, what is Deb's favorite color?

o

Debs favorite color is blue

o

Linda,
My box is all packed up, I just have to get it to the post office tomorrow.

Deb, I hope you enjoy what's in there for you!!!

Lisa

o

Linda,

Deb's favorite color....How about PURPLE!!!!

And Deb your box is in the works!!!

Annie

o

Annie, purple is a lovely color especially when worn with red..BUT..that's not correct.

Lisa...for 5 points..you are correct!!.."ringing bell"...

next part of the question...what shade of blue?....

o

Wow, you guys are really good at this!!

FYI, dog shows run pretty much year round! The "big" shows like Westminster, and the Eukanuba Classic are in the winter, but I've never been to either of those. This coming weekend, I'm going to Wisconsin for shows, and hoping to be able to go to Frankenmuth MI for the big Afghan Club of America show next month. Plus, Frankenmuth is somewhere I've always wanted to go. The Christmas shops look really neat! (One can never have too many Christmas decorations!!)

Deb

o

Linda,
Your killing me, just when I think I've got it!

I'm going to say a baby or light blue color.

o

Nahhhhhh Lisa....Deb's favorite blue shade is a beautiful midnight blue!

Have a great evening!

Annie

o

Lisa is closer than Annie....have to have the right shade of blue..."innocent smile"

o

periwinkle? ;)

o

Hmmm... sky blue?

o

Wedgewood blue?????

o

the exact quote is "favorite color is blue, a pretty sky blue"...sooooo...Lisa is the winner of this little round...."sending off balloons"....

o

whoo hoo!!!!!!!

o

okay..here's the next question...for 5 points..What is Deb's favorite movie?..."popping popcorn and slathering on butter"

o

c'mon Kara..take a guess..."offering popcorn"

o

Good Morning,

A very wild guess...Deb's favorite movie is "Forrest Gump"....

Annie

o

No Hints? Yikes! Hmmm....."grease"?
Kara

o

both answers are wrong....hmmm...hints?...."thinking"....okay.. it's not a comedy...

o

Hi,
Deb's package was mailed yesterday, USPS #0308 0730 0001 2991 3369.
We didn't have any electric for a few days due to a tornado going through the area. It stayed in the sky, no damage at all to the house, yard. But, living without electric was horrible, it was the hottest days of the year so far, and I couldn't turn on the central air! We had tons of candles going, so it made it even more hot in the house! We had 2 generators going to keep our 2 freezers/refrigerator going. I'm so glad the power is back on. ;)

Hugs,
Deb

o

How about old yellow or is it yeller or maybe homeward bound, she is a dog lover!

o

I got a box today from Deb A. Wow!! Thank you so much.

I got:
2 pieces of Outdoor Opuntia, will that really grow outdoors here, or will it need to come inside in the winter? I've never grown any sort of succulent before
A plumeria, that should be interesting. I've never had that before, either.
A red Amaryllis, they are so pretty!!
Some Glad bulbs.
2 Hens and Chicks, I don't have any of those, either!!
A pack of pretty note cards with morning glories and a hummingbird on them.
A pretty "Do Not Disturb" sign. Sigh! If only people would read and pay attention!!
A really nice assortment of seeds including morning glory, french marigolds, Blackberry lily, Celosia flamingo feather, Autumn Beauty Sunflower, White Easter Lily, Dahlia, Black Caps, Cameo Elegance Morning Glories, and Coreopsis 'Flying Saucers" (I've never heard of that one, I'll be sure to start some of those early next year!),
A really pretty wind Spiral, I made the mistake of opening it in front of a window with a breeze, and my kitten was trying to catch the end of it!
And a Better Homes and Gardens magazine, with some yummy looking simple dessert recipes!!

Thank you so much Deb!!

o

Deb, Nice box from Deb!

My box went out this afternoon, I hope you enjoy it. I'm leaving for vacation now. I'm going to bring my laptop just in case they have wireless. I sent the box with my son so I dont have the number right now but it did go out priority w/ conf#.

Lisa

Enjoy your month Deb!

o

Hi Deb,
Wow that was quick! I mailed it yesterday! This month has been way too hot, I planned on sending lots of outdoor plants, but with the heat I couldn't. Outdoor optunia lives outdoors in our weather (Illinois)! Either in a pot or in the ground. I've done both and had them going for years. My Dad started my cactus garden, he's had them going in his yard for 30 years, or more! I would add a some cactus soil (or sand) to your dirt area and with in no time, they will multiply, they love sun! Don't even bother watering them. Well, maybe for the first two weeks until they get roots established. Then, forget them, they bloom in the spring (yellow) flowers that are really pretty! I do sort of let the leaves stay on them over the winter for protection. But, I also have them in pots with no protection at all, and they still thrive.

Enjoy your month! The amaryllis should grow quickly (indoors or out). If growing it outdoors stop wateringing it and let the foliage die, then bring the bulb in for next spring.

Hugs,
Deb

o

Nice box, Deb! You had all kinds of neat stuff in there.

Miss August, I found something else for your box today...."whistling and looking up at the ceiling".....

o

Good Morning,

Very nice box Deb....

Another movie guess...Deb's favorite movie...how about "Terms of Endearment"??????

Annie

o

good guess Annie but not a correct one..okay another clue...it isn't Sci fi.

o

Linda,

Are we allowed to ask questions about Deb's favorite movie???????????????

I will guess "The Godfather".......

Annie

o

yes you can....question away.....

o

Hi All, I apologize for not being on line but I have had a lot of health problems and have not be on line. I am mailing the package on Monday. The confirmation number will be 0305 08/30 0004 17550 5655. Sonja

o

Hi Sonja,
We were worried about you. Are you feeling better? right now we're guessing Deb's favorite movie and you can ask questions.

o

Linda,

Another guess..."The Sound Of Music"...The Hills are alive with the sound of music...la...la...la

Trying to get a time frame...What year did Deb's favorite movie come out? If you are unable to state the exact year, how about the 20's or the 30's or the 40's or the 50's or the 60's or the 70's or the 80's or the 90's or after 2000.

Annie

o

Annie..it is a musical although not the Sound of Music (lovely singing voice you have there)...this movie was made after 2000.

o
RE: GOM:: it's Miss August 's turn!!!

Linda,

Could it be Deb's favorite movie is "Chicago"???????????????

Annie

o

nope..not Chicago...

o

Let's give "DREAMGIRLS" a guess as Miss August favorite flick!!!

Annie

o

Miss August, will be sending your box out today. I will post the DC# later on today!

Have a wonderful Monday!

Annie

o

nope it's not Dreamgirls either...I'll give another clue, if you'd like it...

o

How about Moulin Rouge?????

Linda, of course, I want another clue!!!! Are you teasing me??? LOL!! In the meantime, a "Q"....Did this musical movie come out after 2004??????

Come on GOM ladies...play along. I feel awfully greedy playing Linda's game about Deb (Momcat) alone!

Annie

o

me tease?.."G"..not me....this movie came out before 2005...

o

How about "Phantom of the Opera" ?

o

Checking in to see how Miss August's month's going! ;)

I did receive an email from Sonja (Happyseed). Sonja's been sick and a box was going out (for what I'm assuming is July?) A box will be needed to be sent out ASAP for August too, to keep Sonja caught up.

All this trivia makes my head hurt, LOL! ;)

Hugs,
Deb

o

Kara,...we have a winner!!!..."drums rolling and balloons released"..good job!
Deb's favorite movie is Phantom of the Opera...."removing mask"

o

I figured I would come back and find that Kara got it correct!!!! SINGING BRAVO!!!! PHANTOM...great music!

MISS AUGUST, I mailed your box out this morning from zip 92678............
DC # 0307 1790 0003 4684 8123

Annie

o

You guys are great!! I received a box from Lisa yesterday. The mailman must not have come until after 5pm. I found the box sitting at my door this morning when I was leaving for work. I didn't have time to open it, and am anxious for today to be over so I can race home and see what goodies I got. I feel like a kid at Christmas!!

Deb

o

Good job on the boxes going out, girls...we're all waiting to see what's in them. I think it's fun to see what everyone else has sent..always gives me ideas what to put in a box that I'll send out another time.

Onto the next question...What is Deb's favorite Holiday?...

o

How about Christmas?

o

How about Thanksgiving???????

Annie

o

okay, Kara, Christmas is right. Annie, I love Thanksgiving myself..anyways...5 pts for Christmas..now...WHY does she like Christmas..has to be really close to be correct...for 5 pt...if a tie..then another question...

o

The box from Lisa is just full of goodies. There is a Garden Bucket Tote, that is so pretty, it's a burgandy color, with mesh sides, and lots of pockets for gardening tools. Inside of that were packs of columbine and phlox, plus some bulbs of Freesia and another I can't think of right this second. There's gardening gloves, can never have too many of those!, a pedicure set, some Gardeners moisturizer cream, a really pretty Laura Ashley note pad, a set of mini candles in little flower pots, two real pretty votive candles, some post it notes (I go through those quickly!!, 2 packs of plant markers with a marking pen, a cosmos flower garden tin, and a grasshopper wind chime.
Thank you so much Lisa!!

o

That's a great box Lisa! SO how are you enjoying your month so far Deb?

o

Another wonderful box from Lisa for you Miss August!

So Christmas is Deb's favorite holiday!!! And why is it her favorite holiday......Deb loves to decorate her house bigtime, inside and out, put up a magnificent tree or several of them, with all of her dogs and cats watching and maybe helping, while she drinks several eggnogs with brandy (of course) as it is snowing outside .......oh and Deb's house smells delicious as she has cookies baking in the oven! And I almost forgot...Bing is singing White Christmas throughout the house as the Christmas Carolers from her community sing Silent Night in front of her gorgeous Christmas Castle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...am I close?????

Annie

o

Would each of you please tell me what size shoe you wear?????? Deb (Debbya)...I know your size already!

Thanks,

Annie

o

I wear a size 9.."puzzled look on face"...

okay Kara and Annie are tied..."finishing knot"..
that description, Annie,. made me want to curl up in front of the fire and eat some cookies....

.guess I'll wait until tomorrow to ask the tie break question..."yawning"...

o

This month has been so much fun so far!! The boxes have been great, and just reading this thread puts a smile on my face.

Deb

I wear a size 11 (sometimes a 10)

o

tie breaking question: What does Deb like about the malls during Christmas season?...

o

Deb likes all the decorations at the mall during Christmas season and how everyone is shopping for others :)

(Shoe size is 9 ??????)

Kara

o

Good Morning,

I am guessing Deb likes the malls at Christmas because of the festive nature...beautiful music and decoration including, of course, a jolly (Ho...Ho...Ho) and robust (in the tummy) Santa with his reindeer, asking the excited children if they have been naughty or nice.....

Annie

o

Good Morning ladies!

I'm home for the next day or so. I had to cut my vacation in half, my closest friends son died of an overdose on Saturday. He's being waked tonight and the funeral is tomorrow.

I have not gotten a box from Sonja as of yet. I see that a number was posted but my mail comes around 11 daily and theres nothing here today.

Deb,
I'm glad you liked your box of goodies. The columbine and other roots were purchased, I do hope they grow for you. I haven't grown from packaged bare root in a while.I only had sucess with one package. I'm sorry that I didn't send any live plants, I was trying to get ready for vacation and had to mail on Friday. I didn't want live plants sitting at the p.o. for the weekend.

Have a good day
Lisa

o

Hi Lisa,

So sorry to hear about your friends son.

The box you sent was wonderful! The roots looked a little dry, but I soaked them good before planting, and it's pouring rain right now, so I'm sure that will help, too.

I received a box today from Canyonwind. Wow, that box smelled so good when I opened it!!

Lots of goodies, some Strawberries & Champagne body butter, that smells so good!, a tube of Avon antibacterial hand gel, and some Avon lip balm, a pair of gardening gloves, a really cute note pad, some glassine envelopes, a pack of plant markers, some really pretty smelling lavender soap, a bag of glad bulbs, a refill pack of Miracle Grow, some seeds, two different Daylily crosses, some rosa rugosa seeds, and some Squash seeds, and some really wonderful smelling Aromatherapy candles (I really love the smell of these!!), and some garlic that she harvested!!

Thank you so much Ann, I just love everything!

Deb

o

Regarding Happyseed/Sonja...still no box for Lisa..aka Miss July and we are midway through August. This group (GOM) dropped other people previously because they did not follow through...I would assume the same still holds for Sonja. Comments anyone????

Annie

o

Annie,
I'm copying Sonja's email. It's from Aug. 10th.

[This message originated at GardenWeb]

Hi, I am very sorry I did not get a package to you during July. I have been extremely ill for several weeks now and finally on the computer this morning for the first time in many weeks. I will ship your gifts on Monday morning. Take care and I am sorry that I missed your month. Sonja

There is no package confirmation # to track. Sonja said the box was being mailed on Monday, I would assume it would be there by Friday. If not, your right, we need to discuss dropping Sonja from the swap. August's box (Deb's) needed to be mailed at the same time.

We might have to push it up one more month. Give it until Friday? Or Saturday? Then re-arrange the swap list one more time?

What's everyone's thoughts? This should be a group decision.

Hugs,
Deb

o

Good Morning,

Deb (Debbya), I agree this is a group decision!

***Back on July 31 (see above), Lisa posted that Sonja had sent her an email on the 29th and that her box was going out the next day..no DC#............

***Sonja did post a DC # on August 10 (see above)...there are to many numbers, thus it is a little tough to try and track!

Sonja, possibly you can repost the correct DC #...........and I hope that you are well!

Have a great day!

Annie

o

I copied the personal email Sonja sent me. I then went back to the thread and found Sonja's DC#, post. Sonja, please post the correct DC#, and let us know when Deb's box is going out. It needs to go out ASAP! In order for you to catch up with the swap.

We need to hear from you right away.

Deb

o

Good Evening,

Still no Sonja......

You guys all have a great week. I am headed up to Northern California until Thursday or Friday to camp with the bears.....literally!

And Miss August...Deb, I do hope you are enjoying your special month!

Annie

o

Hi,
Just a quick check in to see what's going on! ;)
Hmm, still no Sonja (or packages received for July and August).

We did drop others from the group for this reason.
What do you guys think? It's only fair to treat everyone the same. Bump up another month?

Hugs,
Deb

o

hi ladies...I've been down with a stomach thing...sorry I haven't been on.

The thing with Sonja is that she did email that she sent something out. The other ladies didn't. Shall we wait until this month's mail date and see if she's going to mail? I'll try to get hold of her too..I hope she's okay.

Annie and Kara both are close....so I'll give another clue for the tie break....

This is something that Deb enjoys getting comfortable and doing while at the mall during the hectic Christmas shopping holidays....

o

A massage! I know I've had a few at the mall.

In regards to Sonja, I agree with what you said. She did say she mailed out something. So hopefully, it arrives soon. The only thing is we did drop others that didn't send in less time. Sonja will be 2 months behind soon.

Sonja,
I hope your ok, please post soon.

Deb

o

Okay Ladies, I'm baaaack!

I still haven't gotten a box from Sonja even though it was going to be mailed on the 10th of July and again the beginning of August. As Deb said he is now almost two months behind in the swap.

I hate to be the one to say it but everyone else seems to be pussy footing around it.

I think that she has broken the rules of the swap like the others before her and we need to move the list up one again.

Anyone else?

Lisa

o
RE: GOM:: shoe size?

I just had a chance to scroll thru the thread and read what's been happening.

Momcat, It sounds as though your enjoying your month so far and everyone has been getting to know you better.

Canyon,What an unusual question, shoe size? but I'll play I'm an 8 or 8 1/2.

o

Deb, nope that's not it either....but here's another clue...she's sitting while she's doing it....

Miss August...your box will be shipped out next week..there's a plant I'm waiting for to get a bit bigger. I think you'll like it.

o

How about she likes to sit and people watch?

I am waiting for payday and then I will send out my box!
Have a good day everyone!
Kara

o

"bells ringing, whistles blowing and snow flurries flying"...Kara you are right!...Deb loves to people watch after she's finished shopping. Good job!

o

Hi,
Just checking in quickly to see how things are going!
Plus, bumping this up to the top..
Who's going to host September's month? Any volunteers? ;)

What have we decided to do about Sonja? I hate dropping people, but when someone is 2 months behind in a swap sometimes you have to do what's best to keep the swap running smoothly.

Deb

o

Deb,
I feel the same way about Sonja, I feel bad but it has been almost two months now. I'm for moving up a month.

Linda, annie,deb and kara, we would like to know what you think too. This is a group decision.

Lisa

o

I agree about Sonja. I do hope everything is OK with her, but think it's time to move everyone up a month.

Deb

o

I am going to go with the rest of you on this one and say bump us up another month, though I do hope Sonja is ok!
Kara (that would make me Miss Halloween ;) )

o

I'll have to agree...we haven't heard back from her so we'll have to bump.

Hmmm...we haven't heard from Annie since she went bear camping...I wonder how that went?

and how's everyone's garden's doing? I have some plants that I'm waiting to see what they are. I have some plants that have finally bloomed...and my butterfly bush (which is new from a swap) actually had a butterfly on it this morning...how cool is that? The little bush only has three flowers on it but I guess that was good enough!

o

Good Afternoon,

I am back...the bears, the canines and the humans had a grand time together!!!

As far as Sonja/Happyseed....she said she sent Miss July...Lisa...a box in July and in August...well obviously she didn't because Lisa would have received it by now. And, of course, Miss August...Deb is waiting as well. It would be lovely if people would simply post and say, "Sorry, I can no longer participate" and if they post that they are sending/or have sent their box...they better do it. But unfortunatley that is not the way people operate!!!!!!

So Kara you will move up to Miss October!!!

Do you guys still want to do a November...Holday kind of swap exchange amongst the remaining GOM members Deb (Debbya)...Deb (Momcat)...Lisa...Linda....Kara and me? (We would each do a swap with one person) OR do you want to call it a day after Kara's month as Miss October is finished????? I am fine with doing an exchange in November but if you ladies want to call it quits, that is fine! Speak up!!!!

All is doing well on the farm ...but the squirrels nd rabbits enjoyed quite a few tomatoes while we were gone. The Germans are back so I am sure I will not lose anymore! They are wonderful at scaring the heck out of intruders who enter!!!! Lots of corn...hot chiles...tomatillos...string beans...cucumbers...melons and most of my flowers are doing beautifully...................

Load 12 of laundrey is calling my time...must run!

Annie

o

Well Annie, we're glad to hear that you're in one piece..did you have a good time?

I think a holiday exchange in November would be a great way to start out the holidays.

o

A Holiday exchange sounds good to me!

Deb

o

Annie, glad to hear everyone enjoyed themselves.

I too would like to continue until November.

Lisa

o

Welcome back Annie, I'm so glad you had a nice trip.

I'm all for a Holiday swap in November!!

Deb

o

Linda...I want to know more about Miss August!!! Anymore "Q"s???? I'll even play if there is not a prize on the line...LOL!!!

Annie

o
RE: GOM:: it's Miss August 's turn!!!

Kara...sent you an email!!

Annie

o

okay Annie..you got it!

What is Miss August's favorite food?

o

Annie, sent you back and email :)

Everyone,
I would be in for a November swap as well!

Kara

o

Deb's favorite food...HHHMMM...A Medium Rare New York Steak!

If that is not correct, is it in the beef, pork, chicken or fish families????????????????

Annie

o

Deb's favorite food, hmm? Pizza!

Deb

o

okay, Deb is closer than Annie...."taking bite out of pizza and adding mushrooms to the steak"...

o

Good Sunday Morning,

Deb's favorite food is lasagna....as I drink my morning bottle of Chianti!!!!

Annie

o

"holding out glass"..care to share?.....okay, let's try types of food..Italian and Chinese are not it...

o

Mexican? I love going to a good mexican restaurant occasionally!

Deb

o

yah Deb!! "throwing confetti"...
Now the second part...what is there about the Mexican food that Deb sometimes doesn't like about it?

o
RE: GOM: host for Sept?

and who is volunteering to host for Miss Sept?.."counting hands"

also...I'm hosting a MNF "FLowers, Feathers and Fun" Swap in September and sign ups are going on now, you all are invited to drop by for a burger and swim..."shamelessly plugging my swap"

o

Deb get's gas/indigestion from the beans! ;)

Deb

o

It is to spicy and hot for Deb....as I pour an entire bottle of habanero sauce on my refried beans...so yummy!

Annie

o

My Package will go out tomorrow, I had an early meeting this morning and won't get out of work until after the PO is closed, sorry, it will be one day past the deadline!
Kara

o

MIne is late too Kara..and I'm the hostess!.."shaking head"...

o

this round goes to Annie...Deb loves Mexican food but not when it's too spicy..."handing Annie a fire extingisher"

o

hello ladies,

how is everyone doing these days? I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately. I was on vacation for 10 days and while I was gone my dear friends 25 y/o son died. I have been a bit busy!

I'm back now and looking forward to putting a box together for Annie.

Annie, I was checking you wants list and pretty much tells me that you like anything for sun. Is this still the case?
I wanted to pick up a coiple live plants tom send but want to be sure before I buy. please let me know and send me your addy PLEASE!!!

Gotta go and cook dinner, Have a good night

Lisa

o

Deb, I mailed your box this morning, the DC# is :
0306 0320 0000 3586 3948
Wish I could have sent live plants but it's just too darn hot....Hope you enjoy what I picked out for you!
Kara

o

Lisa,

Sent you my address via email and SUN plants are wonderful!

Annie

o

I'm sure whatever you sent is great Kara. I will be watching for the box.

I can't believe this month is almost over already!

Deb

o

Lisa, I"m sorry to here about your friend's son..((HUG))

o

Oh, Thank you Linda but I'm more worried about her than myself, of course. She has just finished her last round of chemotherapy for lung cancer and then this! How much is one poor woman to take!!! Life just doesn't seem fair sometimes.

Annie, I;ll be on the hunt for some nice sun plants for you. Do you have any part shade areas? I saw some nice plants for part shade.

Deb, It was a long wait and now your turn is almost over, it's so sad!

I'm off to walk my yard and see if anything new is happening.

Have a great night ladies
Lisa

o

Lisa, my thoughts and prayers for your friend.

I can find a happy place in my yard for shade, part sun or full sun plants. I would assume that East Coast garden centers do not have lots to choose from during this time of the year. Make life easy on yourselves...I am very easy to please!!!! My garden will love whatever you ladies send!

Off to combat the squirrels....

Have a great day!!

Annie

o

okay Miss August, I"ll be mailing your box out tomorrow as well as a little something to all of our eager participants of "Getting to Know Deb"....

so who is going to host the September GOM? Who do we have that hasn't hosted?..

o

If no one wants to host, I'll do it. I'll put up a new thread tonight.

Any last minute volunteers? ;)

Photobucket

Deb

o

Miss August, could you please send me your address? I have one but I'm not sure if it's right.

In fact, I could use everyone addresses to send out the prizes. It's not that I'm too lazy to look through all my paperwork for them..oh wait..I AM too lazy!!.."L"

I appreciate you stepping up to the bat Deb to host Miss Septmeber! "round of applause for Deb"

o

Deb, your confirmation number is: 0308 0730 0000 5993 9958 ..I hope you like everything, let me know if the plants make it okay!

I hope you've enjoyed your month as much as I have hosting it! We all know you a little better than we did when we started.."S"

o

Thanks Linda, I will be watching for it, and will let you know when it arrives.

The box from Kara arrived today! Such a nice surprise! She sent a really cute Iris candle. The candle is in the shape of an Iris plant with a flower, I've never seen anything like that before. A tin of Dog Garden Grass, it comes in a cute miniature metal garbage can. I'll have to start that right away! A pretty smelling bar of Gardners Herbal Hand Soap, a pretty note pad, some plastic baggies for seeds, and some seeds for a Japanese Morning Glory with variegated leaves (that's one that I'll have to start indoors late in the winter!), a tube of Sweet Pea & Papaya lotion, (I am going to be smelling so good for a long time with all the lotions I've received), lotions are one thing a use all the time, so I am so happy with the supply I now have!, and she also sent two Better Homes & Gardens special interest magazines, one is on Gardens, Decks, and Landscaping, the other is Garden Ideas. I will be able to sit back in the fall, and plan for next year!! I have so much work, and so many flower beds I want to add in the back yard next year. I think I will get lots of ideas from these two magazines. Thank you so much Kara!!

Deb

o

I love to look through garden magazines. I mean, you can go online but I like to sit ina chair and relax with a good one to browse through.

o

Deb, I'm so glad it got there and that you are enjoying everything!
Kara

o

Very nice box Miss August!!!! Enjoy!!

Dog Garden Grass...I must check that out as I have not heard of it!

Have a great Friday!

Annie

o

Linda, your box just arrived. I was getting worried since you said there were plants in it, and with the long weekend... But they're here, and the plants look wonderful! There is Cleome, Bat Faced Cuphea, Cardinal Vine, and Malva Zebrina. I am going to go out and get them planted as soon as I'm done posting. I also got a pretty tea cup and saucer with an assortment of teas, a gorgeous wind chime, a wind spinner, two yummy smelling candles, and a pretty glass holder, and a cute snail pot sitter. Thank you so much Linda, I just love everything!!

Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here