Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to site, curious what round robin is

Posted by booboobolhuis 7, Oklahoma (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 14, 10 at 0:42

Can someone explain what round robin is? I'm new to the site and am trying to learn my way around. Thanks a bunch, Jennifer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to site, curious what round robin is

Hi Jennifer, welcome to the Round Robin forum!

The Round Robin forum is basically a group trading forum. Where the Seed Exchange forum focuses on individual trades.

There's three basic types of swaps held here. With the most common type, everyone sends their seeds to the host, who divides them up, and send them back out. There's also another type where the host takes everyone in the group, and assigns partners, so that you are sending directly to them, and not the host. The partner swaps usually involve more than just seeds. It could be other garden related items such as gloves, plant markers, or windchimes, or maybe something edible. The third type of swap is a true round robin, where the host starts the swap with a box of seeds, and/or other garden related items, and sends it to the first person, who sends it to the next, and so on. Each person, takes out what they like, and replaces it with something different of equal value.

Some groups require you to be a member of their group in order to participate in the swaps. Others are open to anyone that wants to join.

Hope this helps some : )

Bonnie

o

Thank you very much Bonnie =)

o

Hi Jennifer! I belong to the Our Bloomin Friends (OBF) group. We are a year long trade group. We trade seeds, plants and just about everything...even chocolate!! You need to be a member to join the swaps...but that is super easy! Its a whole lot of fun and you can meet some very nice people. OH! and welcome to the GW (probably should have started with that.) :0)
vina

o

Vina,

Lol, thank you very much. So how do I become a Round Robin member? It seems like alot of fun and I'm about to be swimming in seeds, my plants are doing wonderful this year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here