Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

NEW: ~Craft box Swap~

Debra Andruska
17 years ago

I promised to host a ~CRAFT BOX SWAP~ so here it is! ;)

Start your crafts NOW, Everyone will have a few weeks to work on whatever your crafting/sending.

Boxes should be mailed ---July 24th thru 26th---

ALL boxes should be mailed by priority/delivery confirmation. Confirmation numbers need to be posted here when your box is sent. We don't want any problems with this swap (boxes getting lost/not showing up), confirmation tracks when the box went out/where it is.

Please carefully wrap your items! Especially if they are fragile! You can include as many items as you want in your Pal's box. Make a box that you would love to get!

You must post when you receive your box and let us know what goodies were included!

OK! Let the fun begin!

If I've forgotten anything, please let me know! Let's take signups until July 12th. Then on the 13th, I'll email everyone with a ~Craftbox Swap~ partner.

When you email me- PLEASE include your garden web name/real name, address. What your basically making/sending and what crafts you would like in return. That little bit of information would help me greatly to pair you up with a suitable partner. I can't promise that you will get exactly what you want, but I'll do my best to try!

*example*

Looking for- candles, soaps, suncatchers, ceramics.

Make- ornaments, stained glass suncatchers, clay items.

Comments (91)

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just making sure more boxes are arriving.

If you didn't mail your box out, PLEASE DO SO NOW!
    I don't want anyone disappointed in the swap!

Thanks!

Deb

• skohler
    17 years ago

Just wanted to let you know I haven't received yet
    sure its been the weather no one wants to get out in the heat . but it is cooling off now .

amanda glad you enjoyed your box I like scented wreath's. :))

susie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Susie,
    I contacted Stacie through email, and She said your box would be sent out ASAP.

Stacie,
    Please post a delivery confirmation number and let us know when the box went out.

I can't wait for my box to arrive!

Deb

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

Lunamoon,
    I got confirmation that you should have received your box Thursday 8/03/06

Please let me know that you did actually get it.
    ;o)
    Debbie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Doing a little update...

Erica, did you receive Amanda's (Romando's) box? She posted that it was being mailed out?

Tina is mailing Her pkg. out on Tuesday to Stacey (Girlsingardens). As noted above.. Stacey said by email that Susie's pkg. would be mailed ASAP.

Please post any delivery conf. numbers here. It's so easy to keep track then.

So far- who *didn't* receive a box yet--

Susie
    Deb (Debbya)
    Efrosty?
    Stacey (Girlsingardens)

Please let me know if I've made a mistake or forgotten someone!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just started to think if I've forgot anything and I did.
    Lunamoon emailed me and said my box would be going out this week sometime.

I'm getting excited, and can't wait for her box!

Deb

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

hello, everyone just getting back.. wow what excitment since i been gone.

yes i just receive my box on friday i guess but i was not here. it had a lovely wood frame with screen on it with homemade earings. very cute, chinese lanters and hangers, lots of stamped seeds bags-loved the angel..lol
    thanks you pal for such a nice box.. erica

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Please send out your box, if you didn't already. Also, post a delivery confirmation number. Thanks so much! Hopefully, all the boxes will arrive this week, and the swap will be complete!

Still waiting for the swap box-

Susie
    Deb (Debbya)
    Stacey (Girlsingardens)

Thanks Ladies!

Deb

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

Debbie~ Your package did arrive last Thursday. Sorry I didn't post it earlier. Many thanks for a wonderful box!

Deb~ Here's the confirmation number for your package: 0306 1070 0002 9176 5920

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lunamoon,
    I sent you an email. :)

So, it looks as though only Susie and Stacie didn't receive a package yet. Please keep me informed.

Thanks!
    Deb

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Deb I recieved my box today, the bird house is beautiful and I have just the place for it. I put the duck (mallard) figurine next to my mini moose and they look great together. I thank you for the seeds Alluim and walking onions,I will let you know how they do. The smell of the bath salts was great. I'll be one relaxed, beaut in the tub using the salts along with the candle you sent. This presents benenies my hubby will enjoy too after bathing when I curl up to read the garden mag you sent. Everyone likes that fresh cleaned up, smell. I think I'm going to use chalk spray on the tiles you sent to and hang them in my garden shed to write things I may need to remember. So many goodies, it's like Christmas in August. Thanks bunches Ohh, almost forgot. The bunny arrived alittle bruised from the shipping process but with a little loving care she will be back to tip top shape.
    I'm still in process of packaging yours but soon to ship hopefully

Thanks again
    Peace in playin with nature
    Char

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Char,
    I'm glad your happy with your box. I really enjoy making crafts, especially birdhouse items. Sorry about the rabbit, I purchased it! I thought it looked sort of homemade (whittled whitewashed wood). It was probably some sort of resin, and I assumed was sturdy. Who knows what the box went through, I'm sure it must of been tossed really well by our wonderful postal system. Oh well, hopefully, you can fix it. Hotglue a little moss to any injured areas, add a few silk or dried flowers. Or if the ears are broke, buy a small straw hat.

Char emailed me and wanted to join the swap, I already assigned swap Pal's so I swapped with her! ;)

Lunamoon,
    Your box arrived! Thank You SOOOOO much! I loved everything you sent! Candles~ pillar..tri-color in Citrus Sage! Plus, 6 of the best smelling votives! Macrame plant hanger, already has a spider plant in it! Really pretty barette made from sculpy? I love the colors! Plus, 2 pairs (really beautiful- stone) earrings! M&M COOKIES a container full! I didn't have a chance to try them yet (we had a late dinner), but they smell so good!

Thank you so much for the PERFECT CRAFT BOX! I feel as though I went to a craft fair! Your really talented, in so many areas! I just love your stuff! ;)

Deb

• girlsingardens
    17 years ago

Just emailed Sue and let her know what is going on. We had the fair going on the last week, sick neighbor and funeral for neighbor today. We are up to our arm pits in canning and things getting ready for DH and school Monday. Will mail out and post the DC

Stacie
    who hasn't gotten a box in the mail yet though

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Stacie,
    Thanks for the update.

Tina,
    Did you mail out Stacie's box yet? Please let us know!
    Your above post said it was going out Tuesday?

Deb

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Deb and Stacie - Please forgive me for being so delayed. I have a box ready. I sincerely hope to get it out at the beginning of this next week. Having some person problems, in which is causing some financial problems.
    I will keep in contact.

Tina

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Debbya "Deb" I've got your box almost ready to mail but not quite yet. Hope to have it off to ya before the deadline date (25th right?) I'm trying to keep the boxes so they get out alittle before the deadline. I think your gonna love the goodies I've enclosed.
    Peace
    Char

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Not able to send yet, but just wanted to check in to to let you know that I am still around.
    Tina

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Susie,
    Did you receive your Craft box yet?

Stacie, let us know if you sent it or not. Tina's box is going to be delayed, I'm sure She will post the day it goes out to let you know.

Char,
    I'm excited! Whenever your ready to send it.. ;)

Deb

• girlsingardens
    17 years ago

I have been in contact with susie and she has been in and out of hospital and recupperating. Will let you know when I mail.

Stacie

• skohler
    17 years ago

Deb :))
    Yes stacy emailed me to say she will be sending out soon
    & as she said I just got home tuesday from the hosp
    & so Next week is fine for the box :))

thank you stacy for letting me know .
    susie

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Debbya Your box went out yesterday afternoon I hope you enjoy the goodies enclosed as much as I enjoyed the box you sent. Confirmation # 2305 0270 0001 2652 5954. Says signature confirmation number. Hope this is the tracking #????
    ENJOY
    Peace
    Char

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It sure looks like a tracking number. I'm sure it is. ;)
    I'm excited about the box! Thanks for letting me know it's on the way!

Deb

• skohler
    17 years ago

stacy just checking to see if you had sent the box out this week yet or not . email came back to me hope all is
    well on your end :))
    waiting to hear back from you .
    susie

• girlsingardens
    17 years ago

The box will go out Monday. I send from my folks office, they have an account and it is a lot cheaper, I am going down this weekend and the box will go out Monday. Now if we could hear from hummingbird daisy, about my box that would be great.

Stacie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Char,
    I LOVED all the goodies you sent! Thank you sooooo much!
    Violets are my favorite, along with birdhouse items.. and you based the box on that, how thoughtful! Let me share with everyone what Char sent..

An adorable handmade rabbit done in garden angel/birdhouse fabric with long floppy ears! Cute heart hanging birdhouse with a flowerpot embedded in the front (so adorable), complete with dried flowers! Handpainted birdhouse pin with ivy laced accents. Hand crocheted potholder (purple violets), african violet magazine, USA Angel pin, winter frost bath crystals, violet notepad/pen, morning glory seeds- "Pearly Gates" "Dwarf blue ensign," tools to pluck 'suckers' out of african violet plants, few teas to try, candy stick, bird watching for Dummies book, LOL.. and an African violet scrapbook (with such detail), plus a "Bless our Nest" wooden plaque, absolutely gorgeous.
    Char, this has to be the best box I've ever received! I can't thank you enough! Your very talented, and generous! Thanks so much for being my Craft pal!

Hugs,
    Deb

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

I'm glad you love the enclosed items Deb and hope you will enjoy them as much as I enjoy the box you sent me. This is so much fun. Gardening with friends, GOTTA LOVE IT.
    Always Playin with Nature

Peace
    Char

• skohler
    17 years ago

STACIE Just checking to see if you had mailed out my box last week or not when you went to your folks ??
    I didn't recieve it last week by saturday but if you sent
    1st class then it may be here this week .

could you please let me know ?
    thank you & happy gardening
    susie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

All boxes were to be mailed on/around-
    July 24th thru 26th--- Please mail any late boxes ASAP, and post a delivery confirmation #.

I would love to wrap up this swap!

Deb

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

Deb~ If anyone needs a replacement box, let me know. I'm more than willing to make up a box for someone if needed.

• skohler
    17 years ago

Stacy
    Tried to send you a email but agin it came back .
    Just wanted you to know That if you did not recieve
    your craft box from your sender then please
    Don't worry about sending me a box .

Its really a shame when players sign up & then fail to
    follow through with their end when they have recieved .

So stacy I'm Sorry you did not recieve a box .
    & wanted you know not to worry about sending .

susie

• girlsingardens
    17 years ago

Susie,

I never did recieve a box from hummingbird daisy nor have I heard from her. I promise I will get something out to you, even if I don't get box in return. We have just been so busy with school and canning and fair time that I haven't had time to even catch my breath. I feel bad that I didn't get a box but don't want to let you down cuz I know how crappy that feels:( So as soon as I can get a box out I will even though I didn't get a box, I want you to feel better:)

Stacie
    Who agrees that it is too bad when someone gets a box from a swap but then doesn't send one out.

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Sorry to hear that some boxes were sent out to players and no box was recieved back. What a bummer that must feel like. I would be willing to send a box out if someone didn't recieve. Email me an address Deb for Stacie and I can get one sent out to her if you would prefer. Stacie, turn that frown upside down and cheer up cause we have a great bunch of gals here and I know when a box does arrive to you the goodies nestled inside it will make your heart shine like the sun.
    Peace in playin with nature
    Char

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lunamoon & Char,
    Thank you both for your generous offer!
    I'm going to hold off for now- trying to give Tina (Hummingbirdaisy) a little more time.

Tina,
    Please post and let us know how your doing, and if a replacement box should be mailed for you, or if Stacie's box will be going out shortly.

Stacie,
    Please send Susie's box out ASAP. You will get a box, I promise. If Tina doesn't send it to you, I will.

Let's just give this a little more time.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Stacie,
    Tina (Hummingbirdaisy) emailed me and your box is going out next week, it's packed and ready to go. She tried to email you a couple of times and never received any responses.
    She's having trouble posting on the GW, and thinks her computer has a virus. So, please send Susie's box out right away. I want to wrap up this swap, ASAP! :)

Thanks!

Deb

• girlsingardens
    17 years ago

You know what since I haven't gotten my box yet and since I haven't gotten one out to susie. Just have Tina send a box to Susie and then we can call it done and just drop me out of the swap. That way you are not waiting on 2 boxes just one. I feel bad but with talking with Susie about people getting boxes and not sending their end, this way I can just drop out and not be anyones problem.

Stacie

• girlsingardens
    17 years ago

Since this seems to be such a big deal, and I have been in contact with Sue since the beginning, and she doesn't have a problem with me or being tardy I will get a box out to her. Even though it is doubtful that I will get a box in return.

Stacie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Stacie,
    If you decide to drop out of the swap, (as per your above post) or stay -it's up to you... A box will be mailed to Susie. If Tina doesn't send one, I will. I also promised to send you a box if Tina was unable. So, either way, NO ONE will be left out. I've ran several swaps, and always sent replacement boxes. I was just patiently giving this a little time.

Tina did say (by email) that She had a box ready and waiting to go for you.

I've never had anyone unhappy in any of my swaps. I'll always make sure EVERYONE receives a box.

Deb

• girlsingardens
    17 years ago

Deb,

I have talked to Sue and a box will go out. I will honor my word about sending her a box. We have just been overly busy and crazy at our house this summer and I have been in contact with Sue from day one. I just don't want hurt feelings and to cause problems. I was just feeling put out that I hadn't even gotten a box and feeling negative feelings towards me when Tina hasn't mailed me a box yet. I will have a box out on Monday and I hope that Tina will do the same to be fair about the swap.

Stacie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Stacie,
    Tina mailed your package today. DC# 0306 0320 0000 8715 5251.

Deb

• ademink
    17 years ago

Please pardon the interruption, but I seem to not be able to reach Tina by email either re: a box I've been waiting for. I was hoping to catch her attention on this forum to finally complete the trade.

Debbya, would you please be so kind as to ask her to contact me so I can get an update? I will post on the main plant exchange page if I'm not able to reach her this way. Maybe she'll see it there. Thanks so much!!! Andrea :)

• girlsingardens
    17 years ago

I got a box today, it had 2 potholders, little envelope of bath salt, notebook, 6 tea bags.

I will get a box out to Susie tomorrow.

Stacie

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Stacie - I tried to e-mail again, but I don't think you got it. Those are not potholders, they are handmade 100% cotton washclothes. I hope you enjoy them. My DH and children really like them alot. The bath salts are handmade as well.
    My sincerest aplogies for being so late in sending.

Sue - Was wondering if you've received your box yet?
    If Stacie is having some difficulties, I would be delighted to send you a box. :-)

Deb - Thank you SO much for being so patient and keeping faith in me. You are so wonderful! I am blessed to have you as a gardening friend.

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Tina,
    Sue never did receive a box from Stacie yet.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm mailing out a replacement box for Susie today.

Swap CLOSED..
    Thanks to all that participated, and made this SO MUCH FUN!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The box for Susie ended up being mailed today. I packed up everything this morning. Susie, it's not crafts, but plants (cuttings from some of my favorite *named* Coleus). I hope you enjoy them!

USPS #0303 0320 0005 0614 2107.

Deb

• skohler
    17 years ago

debby the box did arrive & thank you for sharing the cutting I had to reseach how to root them ,& I do
    hope I do right by them :)) .

thank you
    susie

• girlsingardens
    17 years ago

I got a box out full of crafty goodies and homemade love:)

Here is the confirmation number, I wanted to make good on my promise despite the box I recieved.

Stacie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have a few things to say..and hope after this brief comment the swap ends peacefully.

Stressful things happen in life that make us fall behind. No one expects these things to happen.. but once they do, mailing a box out is one of the last things on your mind.
    Swapping is done for pure fun. You take a chance each time you swap. Nit picking what was in the box is really uncalled for. Time was taken to make ANY CRAFT, plus pack & mail ANY box. I didn't ask each person to include a number of items, just whatever items they created and wanted to share. It was the thought that counts.

I hosted this swap with the intentions of everyone having fun, and receiving something. I would of personally sent out any packages that came up as no-shows/lost.
    It's so easy to type a quick rant (complaint) without really thinking on how hurtful the words are. Please take the extra time to think about what your posting (especially if it's rude) you can't take it back once you've posted it.

To be very honest..I would of loved to get Tina's box. Just knowing that Tina took the time to pack/send me something, really anything- even though Her life was stressful at the moment, would of been enough for me.

Deb

• skohler
    17 years ago

stacy

Thank you for the very nice box I recieved
    a very heavy box today fill with so many nice items
    & would love to show everyone .
    stacy the only one that didn't make it was the jar of
    Bath crystals the lid came off & it was all over the box but that is ok for I have a shower here in my home only , but the thought is what counted :))
    many might think doilies are out dated boy not me
    I love them & i use them they are the best .
    the butterflies & welcome sign will be hung on my new deck as soon as the rains leave & sun comes back out :))
    the box smelled wonderful :))) thank you
    again susie

{{gwi:1283777}}

• girlsingardens
    17 years ago

Susie,

So glad that it made it there, even though the bath salts became perfume for the box:) But since you don't have a bathtub it works well. I had lots of fun putting this together, Hope the cookies didn't smell like lemon bath salts:)

Stacie