Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Traveling Daylilies

Posted by jennie_in_mt z3 MT (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 11, 07 at 3:33

I would very much like to meet and trade with some of your members. Seems like such a nice group of people! I have seen your guidelines for inclusion in the TDLs, however, have not been able to locate many members with trade lists posted in order to offer a trade. LOL

Not to be too familiar, but I have been reading your posts as you have grown. So very sorry to hear about Carmen and yet so glad to welcome Talon to the world! Congrats Dawn.

I have Pink Playmate and Barbary Corsair to trade. I also just received a group of new lavender un-named hybrids from Brad at Rainbow Hill Day Lily Farm. I am particularly interested in Startle and Fire & Fog DLs. Would anyone be interested in trading? I also have many named varieties of hosta and waterlilies.

GW ate my trade list and I am updating as I can (summer in Montana is too precious and short to sit at the computer! *grin*). I have traded on the GW Aquatic Plant Exchange for several years, as well as at the American Ponders forum which offers a feedback system (www.americanponders.com).
Thanks for considering me....
Jennie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Traveling Daylilies

Hi Jennie!

Thanks for your interest in our group and for the kind words. : )

My trade list, if still there, is totally outdated. I sure wish I had time to do an update. Probably won't happen 'till after I move. Maybe I can take inventory next summer. : ) I know several in the group lost their lists too.

I'm very interested in trading with you. I can't do so right at the moment, but maybe once my DL's are finished blooming? I'd also be interested in trading Hosta & some Aquatics. I'll try to come up with a list when it cools down a bit and I can take baby outside.

But i'll bet you can find someone else in the group willing to trade probably sooner than I could. Besides Daylily lovers, we've got a few Hosta-holics. ; )
I sure do miss trading and can't wait to get back into the swing of things.

Thanks again Jennie, and hope to talk to you soon....

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o

Hi Jennie,

I am sending you an e-mail about arranging a trade.
Debbie/budsnblooms

o

Hi Jennie,

Thanks again for your interest in our group:)

Unfortunately the 2 Daylilies you are looking for I only have double fans of each:( Startle came from Mary B & Fire & Fog came from Sharon both from our group. I tend to not leave things alone long enough to multiply, but I am trying very hard to do so:)

Would you consider trading your Water Lilies for my Daylilies? I lost count at 1000, so at this point I am very fussy on what goes in, DH thinks he still needs a yard??? I just don't get it, I keep telling him the more beds the less he has to mow, but he wont buy it:)

I would prefer not to dig till after bloom, unless you are interested in ones I divided last year? But not till after my pig roast July 21st. Almost any on my list that have NEW 2006 eBay Blueridge, after the name
Example
Dewy Sweet- Joiner, J 1999NEW 2006 eBay Blueridge,
I shared some of them with my Mom last year, but I just went & counted 32 that I divided what he sent in half & planted in 2 different bed's.
The link MY GARDEN on my member page will take you to my pic's, I have lots of them on it & am working on getting them all on it.

This is 1 of the 32

Quick shot of today, as you can see I'm getting full:)

Hope we can work out a trade...:)Anita

o

I love to walk through my gardens seeing all the plants that have come from afar. They remind me of all the nice gardeners I have met! Would be happy to trade anything that I have enough of.
Dswn, you take your time and enjoy your blooms..and Talon too! Best of luck with the new house. And I don't envy you the moving part!
Debbie, got your email and will check things out ASAP I have been working overtime at the hospital the past few weeks as we are in a major reoganization. I am whipped tired and ready for a couple of days off.
Anita, your gardens and flowers are lovely. I only with I had that much room for each plant that I am collecting (read this as 'addicted to'). I would have to have one for columbines, fragrant trumpet lilies, hosta, delphinium, cranesbill geraniums, penstemon, sedum , clematis, campanula..... well, you get the picture! LOL
Here is a snap of my patio this past summer, the delphinioms were taller than my head!

o

Hi Jennie,
Oh your Delphiniums are breath taking, HOW do you do it??? I love them so much & have had some beautiful ones, but after about 2-3 years they peter out to nothing, I was jut talking to my sister about them the other day when she was up, she was asking what happened to them all, I told her I have no clue?
Oh, I totally agree it is an addiction:) Can't forget Iris & Foxglove.

I would love to trade you for any of your Water Lilies you have enough of to share, I am not fussy, but I do already have 2 white (no name) ones, so if I could get anything other than white, I would be very happy. A yellow would tickle me pink:) Are your divisions, how do I say this without looking ponder stupid:) Rooted? As in I need not fuss with it?
I also have seeds for William Guinness & Dorothy Rose Columbines. They are about ready from this year.

This is another of the 32, taken yesterday, this is the actual plant that needs a new home.

Pic does not do this Daylily justice, It is way better looking in person, makes one stop & say ohhhhhh, or at least that's what it does for me:)
Let me know about a trade one way or the other, as I would like to trade these out this year to make room.
Have a great day..:)Anita

o

Moonstruck Madness is indeed a beauty. I am saying Oh!! just as I look at it! LOL I will email you privately for the trade....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here