Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
panhandle_seed_swap

UPDATE: Part 2!!! O.B.F. Members Summertime Swap

Started the new SUMMERTIME thread! Hard to believe we're up to 150 posts already. Fun!!!

Sheri

TODAY'S BINGO WORDS:

WATERMELON

CAMP-OUT

Comments (151)

• canyonwind
    9 years ago

Erica, your package did go out yesterday morning. 2 day Priority tracking # below. Delivery should be Thursday.

tracking # 9114999944238555963076

Margo, I am so happy that Elizabeth and Caprice (love her name) are doing well!!!!

Off to water...hot and humid (for us anyways) today. Yea, the bugs are out....LOL!

Happy Wednesday!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    9 years ago

Happy Summertime!

Sharon your SUMMERTIME is on its way :) Tracking # 9114 9011 8986 6775 5411 14

And when I got home from the post office guess what was waiting for me? YOUR BOX, lol! Great minds think alike :)

Sharon sent me the cutest and VERY RED box! Everything was wrapped in red plastic velum...so cute!!

In my SUMMERTIME was:

S: Sum and Substance Hosta

U: Undeniably Beautiful Checkered Lily Seeds

M: Moisturizer for your Lips (needed this badly)

M: Mortgage Lifter Tomato Seeds from Hazzards

E: Electric Blue or Bachelor Button "Jubilee Gem"

R: Radiating Beauty of "Sink Into Your Eyes" Daylily

T: Tomato: Kelloggs Breakfast from Hazzards

I: Ice Breakers Mints

M: Mentos Gum

E: Extra Gum

And a lovely card!

Sharon, thank you so much for my wonderful box! It was such a welcome surprise today!!
    The kids have already downed the ice breakers, lol...they thank you too :)

Have a great day!
    vina

• flowergirl34
    9 years ago

Darn it! I knew I'd forget to mention the 2 awesome plant labels that Sharon included with the Hosta and Daylily.

AWESOME!!

Off to go look up my new daylily...woohoo :D
    vina

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    9 years ago

My summertime package from ruth came today. loved it! I will post a pic later on am dragging today did not get home until 3 am. My daughter and I went to see Motley Crues Final Tour last night in Irvine, was a long drive.about 2 hours away from me. It was a great show, but I thought Vince Neils voice was off. We had a great time. Was my daughters last bit of freedom before the baby comes. lol.. shes due 8/20.

• klwallace12
    9 years ago

Vina I have heard some amazing things about the Mortgage lifter tomato...When you get yours growing I'd love to hear about it...

I'm trying (not very hard obviously) to get my nap in before my 12 hour shift tonight...sounds like a storm is coming...I'm loving the rain lately all of my transplants perked up tremendously last time it rained. .I was ready to pull them and try again !!...I started a whole tray of different herbs today. .and watermelon in a grow bag!...and baked some cookies with my son! It's been a good day.

Mary's package should be delivered today. Hope she likes it...my creative side took a slap in the face trying to spell out summertime!

Nikki that concert sounds pretty awesome! We have to drive to Raliegh for anything major most of the time...but I love it so I can't complain.

I'm loving everyone's package postings very fun!

Happy Hump day everyone!

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Annie, thanks so much! I'm super excited to get my package from you!

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

What a wonderful and FUN summertime package arrived today from Susan (skyblue52) My girls are here and we all had fun with unpacking! =)

S - sparklers (girls want to do these later tonight, lol)

U - Useful summertime bag

M - Morning Glory Heavenly Blue seeds

M- Maroon Red Bee Balm - Yay!!

E - Echinacha 'Magnus' - WOW!!

R - Rose (looking like pink!)

T - tomato plant 'Brandywine'

I - Ingredients for cucumber salad - YUM!

M - Mio Fit water enhancer - love these!

E - Extra salad seeds! will be using these for sure for fall planting =)

Thank you so much Susan! Loved everything! My daughter is already asking to make the cucumber salad! LOL Everything is planted up already we have heavy storms moving in this afternoon for the next couple days.... thank you Sheri for hosting such a fun swap =)

Many thanks Susan!
    Hugs!
    Jayeanne

This post was edited by pinkiris on Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 15:27

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

WOW! lots of great SUMMERTIME goodies! Fun! Thanks everyone. :)

Now 2 days left to mail your swap package by the deadline (3 if you include Saturday).

Summertime Swap Udates :

Sharon (toomanyanimals) - sent her packageâ¨
    Vina (flowergirl34) - received her package
    â¨Ruth (Ruthz) - sent her package & received her package.
    â¨Nikki (cinnie0) - sent her package â¨& received her package
    Jayeanne (pinkiris) - sent her package & received her package.
    â¨Susan B. (skyblue52) - received her package & sent her package.â¨
    Shirley (Brittneygran) â¨
    Laura (lilangel181) â¨
    Sue G. (squanzon) - received her package â¨
    Sheri (Panhandle_Seed_Swap) - sent her package â¨
    Annie (canyonwind) - received her package & sent her package
    â¨Erica (EricaBraun) - sent her package â¨& sent her package.
    Margo (smitties) - received her package â¨& sent her package.
    Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) - sent her package
    â¨Mary E (cottonwood468)
    â¨Kim (klwallace12) - sent her package

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Laura-Your package was mailed yesterday. Hope you like what I chose for you. I also included your daylily prize from the June swap "Sidewinder Oh Seven'.

Shirley

• smitties
    9 years ago

I just checked on Jeanne's package. I knew it wouldn't make it by today. It left the Michigan post office where all our mail goes to first and it left the facility at 3:30 am this morning headed to her. I would think it might be there by tomorrow.

Margo

9 years ago

My summertime package from Ruth.

This post was edited by cinnie0 on Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 20:25

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Big grin. Kim, I had so much fun packing your Summertime package today. Tomorrow morning I will seal it and it will be at the Post Office well before noon. I'll email you the tracking number and post it here tomorrow night. When you receive it, I'll go ahead and open mine. My package arrived right at 2pm ... and I was outside when the truck pulled up! Weds I volunteer at a food pantry, I just got back, time for dinner.

package does not rattle, hmmm

Mary E.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Busy week for packages... yay!!! Niikki love the photo, thank you! I can't read the SUMMERTIME, though. Will you indulge me and type it out. I just love peeking into the packages. Thank you!

Summertime Swap Udates :

Vina (flowergirl34) - received her package
    â¨Ruth (Ruthz) - sent her package & received her package.
    â¨Nikki (cinnie0) - sent her package â¨& received her package
    Jayeanne (pinkiris) - sent her package & received her package.
    â¨Susan B. (skyblue52) - received her package & sent her package.â¨
    Shirley (Brittneygran) â¨- sent her package
    Laura (lilangel181) â¨
    Annie (canyonwind) - received her package & sent her package
    â¨Erica (EricaBraun) - sent her package â¨& sent her package.
    Margo (smitties) - received her package â¨& sent her package.
    Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) - sent her package
    â¨Mary E (cottonwood468) - received her package

Now 2 days left to mail your swap package (including today) by the deadline (3 if you include Saturday). Thank you!

Sheri

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Do any OBF Members have any PIZZA PEPPER seeds from Territorial seeds? I went to order some and they're out. I'd love to trade for some of those. Thank you so much!!!!

Sheri

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

My package from Margo just arrived! Margo, thanks so much. I just read about your flight. So frightening. I hope your ears are feeling better. If they are still bothering you I would check with a doctor. It has gotten so that I hate to fly as well. I used to be fine with it, but it's so crowded on planes and at airports now. I actually prefer the smaller planes to the really large ones.

Anyway, for my package: everything was wrapped in colorful tissue paper which I enjoyed opening
    S = socks (very pretty in pink)
    U = Unopened Car Freshener (I think the fragrance is Autumn Splender, sounds wonderful)
    M = Marker/Sharpie
    M = Mini Note Cards, garden themed and will be very useful
    E = Eight Storage Containers, wonderful! I can see using these for the garden or craft/sewing supppiles
    R = Round tea ball/strainer for loose tea
    T = Tea :-)
    I = (Polar) Ice Gum
    M = Mint Scented Votive Candle
    E - Echinacea Seeds (Cheyene Spirit, Ruby Giant, and Double Decker). I don't have any of these and love echinacea. I always winter sow it and it does well that way.

Thanks again, Margo. Everyone with the high temperatiures, try to stay cool. We had an unusually nice July. Will wait to see what August brings.

I got up to NC to see my little granddaughter for a few days. She is almost 5 months old now. They grow so fast!

Jeanne

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

My package to Kim was mailed priority this morning and she has the tracking number. Expect Saturday delivery.

Beautiful weather here and the beans are doing well. Lots of tomato flowers and pepper buds.

No pizza pepper seeds. Maybe Jalapeno later.

Mary E.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, Mary. :) I do have some Waialua Pepper seeds that are like jalapeños, but sweeter.

Mary (and Nikki)... what were the contents of your SUMMERTIME package?

Thank you for posting yours Jeanne!

Sheri

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

FREE shipping today only at Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company...

use code FALLSHIP valid today only 7-24-14.

I got this notice in an email from them today.

Sheri

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Now 1 day left to mail your swap package by the deadline (2 if you include Saturday). Thank you!!! This week went fast.

Remaining SUMMERTIME Swaps:

Vina (flowergirl34) - received her packageâ¨
    Laura (lilangel181) â¨

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Annie-Mom is doing fine and thanks for asking. She does have good days and bad days with her memory. Never had this happen to me before in the Nursing home but I went back in the SPARKS unit to visit with my Aunt. Mom likes to go and see her as well. Never seen this guy in a wheel chair in that unit before. Here he came through the tables and chairs right to where I was standing and tried to play with my leg. Gave me the creeps to say the least, then he says you like being a Wench don't you? I looked at Mom and said lets go. The next time I go in that unit I will check to see where he is at...hopefully in bed.

Sheri-Can't help you on the pizza pepper seeds...hopefully someone will have those and can share.

Margo-Sorry to hear about that flight...don't know if I could get on another plane after all that. I am so afraid of flying, I keep thinking it will get better but it doesn't.

Sharon-I have the same problem with Echinaceas...they just won't Winter over here. At one time I had every Echinacea out there and now have the one and only purple one. This last cold Winter even killed my white one.

Carol-Thinking of you....post when you can.

Shirley

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

I received my amazing pack from Annie today! Here's what I got:
    S - Starburst
    U - Ugly Celeriac, Giant Prague
    M - Mighty yummy Christmas Lima Beans
    M - Markers for your vegetables
    E - Eat your salad + enjoy the dressing(lettuceseeds/recipe)
    R - Red Microplane Grater
    T - Totally delicious for the lips! (Burt's Bee Balm)
    I - I love to can! (Canning lids) And yes, I love to can too!!!
    M - Maybe you will enjoy these (salsify/dianthus/columbine)
    E - Eat me! (Red Orach + Mexican Sour Gherkin)

It's such a great pack! All the seeds are things I've wanted. And I love to cook (and can - I just made pina colada jam last week) so I will definitely make use of the grater and canning lids. And who doesn't need plant labels and lip balm?!

Thanks so much, Annie. It's a wonderful pack and all very much appreciated.

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

If any one has these mints I would love to make a trade for them: A friend of mine needs them for a community herb garden.

Apple
    Banana
    Chocolate
    Orange
    Peppermint
    Pineapple

or others if you have different kinds.

Shirley

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Kim and I are going to open our packages on Saturday, when hers arrives. I mailed it around ten thirty am and emailed Kim the tracking number and she emailed back, she will be off on Saturday.

Sheri, your sweet Jalapeno, that sounds good, too. I may have Melrose pepper seeds later, I'm growing them this year. Late start, I just removed the first buds tonight.

I got that free shipping email, why only one day? I think my catalog is upstairs, where I curled up with it during the chilly spring. Who else is looking for their marked catalog?

Erica, pina colada jam? Never heard of that, it sounds good to me.

So fun seeing the creative lists. It was fun joining the games and all the photos. My favorite is the heifer and girl, winning a ribbon after ten minutes in cattle husbandry. Loved my bulbs from Sheri and she sent me some seeds, like she read my mind.

Mary E.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Now 1 day left to mail your swap package by the deadline (2 if you include Saturday). Thank you!!!

Remaining SUMMERTIME Swaps:

Vina (flowergirl34) - received her packageâ¨
    Laura (lilangel181) â¨

I'll keep an eye-out for those mints, Shirley. You have more calm composer than I do, Shirley. I would have yelled in that guy's face and scared the crap out of him (that's the Irish in me). I've embarrassed a few dirty old men by doing that. What can they do? Try it next time. It works. Don't let him get away with that even for a second.

GREAT package, Annie!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sheri

• flowergirl34
    9 years ago

Morning!

Sheri, I mailed my package to Sharon on Wednesday. :)

Shirley, I have chocolate mint, and peppermint. I can send you some of both if you'd like. I may still have apple, but, I'd have to check :)

Those are some great SUMMERTIME's! Love the lip balm!! I never remember to buy any when I'm out. I have had mine in my pocket since it arrived, using it all day yesterday in the garden. THANK YOU! :D

I'm not a great flyer anymore either. Before I had the kids we used to fly quite a bit. Didn't care too much either way. Flew a few years ago, and with the long lines and the body searches, the overpriced baggage fees... I'm done. Hubby and I want to go to Europe in a few years when the kids are a little older so they can enjoy it. I've already been looking into cruises from New York or Boston Harbor to England/ France. There is even one that goes through Ireland, Scotland, up the Thames through England then into France. The trip takes a month, but your mostly on the ship or a smaller tour ship or tour bus. It's all inclusive! Want to go so badly! Crossing my fingers that it happens.

Have a great Friday!!
    vina

9 years ago

Vina can I get some chocolate mint from you too please. A dove made a nest in mine and killed it.
    My summertime package had

S species brug cutting
    U universal silicone pop up stand
    M mountain mint lip balm
    M melrose sweet pepper seeds
    E echinacea cheyenne spirit seeds
    R rosa traum brug cutting
    T twin twirlers orange bees
    I isabella brug cutting
    M melaluca renew moisturizing lotion
    E echinacea pow wow wild berry seeds

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Hey Sheri!

I have pizza pepper seeds! =) They are from Seeds of Change and you are welcome to them if you would like them.

Jayeanne

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Awwww, love the dove photo. Mary E.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jayeanne to the rescue! I'd love those Pizza Pepper seeds. Thank you! I'll email you tonight.

Nikki... thank you for posting your SUMMERTIME swap from Ruth. Awesome package!

Thank you for reminding me, Vina. Busy week of packages. Everyone did such a good job with their SUMMERTIME's. :)

REMAINING SWAPS:

Laura (lilangel181) â¨

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 6:34

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

and Mary E sent her package/received her package

I have some Deadly Nightshade and Queen Anne's Lace and Verbena bonariensis in a little vase on the TV. My sister admired it Friday. Today I went to change the water and there is a little swallowtail caterpillar eating the QAL. He's asleep now.

I planted the bulbs I won today, and two kinds of basil amid the tomatoes and peppers. And some half-pint peas in a container on the porch.

We have a squirrel we raised (from six weeks) on formula, he visits a couple of times a day. So I'm measuring inches and dropping peas in. Splat! The squirrel jumps in and starts scrambling around ... he thought it was for him! Quite an argument out there.

Mary E.

• toomanyanimals
    9 years ago

Really nice packages being sent out there!
    How FUN is this swap?!!!!!!

It's so FUN that I couldn't wipe the smile off my face while I was going through my box from Vina!

Vina was very inventive with the letters from SUMMERTIME ... check this out ....

....................OScolor = red>trich Fern
    Iris; Tropical BUcolor = red>tterfly
    ................AlliuMcolor = red>; Hair
    ...........Iris; BuMcolor = red>blebee Delilte
    .............Lily; NEcolor = red>ttie's Pride
    ........Daylily; PRcolor = red>estor John
    ...............EgypTcolor = red>ian Walking Onion
    ........................Icolor = red>ris; Boo
    .................Iris:Mcolor = red>ohawk Brave
    ..............Iris: REcolor = red>d Zinger

(it took me some time to get these letters to all line up ... Whew!)

Vina, I love them all! I'm so happy to have BOO back, and Red Zinger iris (Shirley had given me this years ago and it disappeared one winter). And a Fern ... Thank you! And believe it or not the Egyptian Walking Onion is new for me, it seems like it would be perfect for Shish Kabobs!
    This was a Super Box!

sharon

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

REALLY awesome package, Vina! Thank you for posting it, Sharon! I'm so glad you're enjoying this swap. I'm trying to think of one more game to play before August gets here.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I JUST THOUGHT OF ANOTHER GUESSING GAME!!!

I grew-up on a farm. Guess which crop was grown on this farm and win a garden-related prize.

***ONE GUESS PER DAY***

No hints yet, we'll see how you do. ;)

Sheri

• skyblue52
    9 years ago

lets try corn

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No, not corn. :)

Sheri

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Kim's package is OUT FOR DELIVERY.

Sheri, was the crop birdseed?

My Bhut Jolokia is just starting to set fruit. The Cardinal Climber is blooming in the background of the red cannas, happy accident.

Mary E.

• ruthz
    9 years ago

I'll guess sugarcane

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Not bird seed. ;) Has anyone ever seen a bird seed farm? Would it be full of sunflowers and amaranth? Pretty!

Ruth, not sugarcane, either.

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 9:41

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Ill guess Peanuts =)

Jayeanne

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Not peanuts, Jayeanne. There are peanut farms everywhere here, though. There's a spot on the way to Dothan, AL that has the best boiled peanuts and they grow them right there. Every spot has a different recipe that they use. That particular one is superb.

OK... I'll check back later. Have a great weekend everyone!

Sheri

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Before I take-off today, I'm going to start another thread for this SUMMERTIME swap. Go ahead and fill this one up first though, pretty please. Thanks everyone!

Sheri

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 9:51

9 years ago

oranges?

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

The garden club speaker this morning is Marion Thill, Master Gardener and Certified Naturalist. Her presentation is Invite Someone New to Your Backyard: Gardening with Native Plants.

Didn't grow up in Florida? That narrows it down. lol

Mary E.

• flowergirl34
    9 years ago

YEAH! Sharon, your box made it to you!! :) I'm so glad you liked everything. The Walking Onion is great! It does 'walk' across your garden if you let it, but, we have it growing in so many spots and harvest it all the time it doesn't have a chance, lol.

A friend of mine even cuts hers right back in the fall and freezes the stalks. Digs half her large bulbs (they are hot!), and freezes them for chili in the winter. YUMMY!

My guess for your farm...apples :)

Have a great day!
    vina

• toomanyanimals
    9 years ago

Really nice packages being sent out there!
    How FUN is this swap?!!!!!!

It's so FUN that I couldn't wipe the smile off my face while I was going through my box from Vina!

Vina was very inventive with the letters from SUMMERTIME ... check this out ....

....................OScolor = red>trich Fern
    Iris; Tropical BUcolor = red>tterfly
    ................AlliuMcolor = red>; Hair
    ...........Iris; BuMcolor = red>blebee Delilte
    .............Lily; NEcolor = red>ttie's Pride
    ........Daylily; PRcolor = red>estor John
    ...............EgypTcolor = red>ian Walking Onion
    ........................Icolor = red>ris; Boo
    .................Iris:Mcolor = red>ohawk Brave
    ..............Iris: REcolor = red>d Zinger

(it took me some time to get these letters to all line up ... Whew!)

Vina, I love them all! I'm so happy to have BOO back, and Red Zinger iris (Shirley had given me this years ago and it disappeared one winter). And a Fern ... Thank you! And believe it or not the Egyptian Walking Onion is new for me, it seems like it would be perfect for Shish Kabobs!
    This was a Super Box!

sharon

• toomanyanimals
    9 years ago

ok, not sure why my message posted again after all that time????? Sorry about that folks.

Sheri, I'll guess Potatoes.
    sharon

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No oranges, apples or potatoes.

I started the new "Part 3" thread, but let's fill this one up first. Thank you!

Jayeanne, I forgot to ask you if you got my email. :)

Sheri

GW IS BEING WEIRD TODAY. I posted the new thread and now it's gone. I'll give it a little time.

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 10:49

• klwallace12
    9 years ago

Waiting on my mail man...he usually doesn't come til around 2 or 3...

I got my black beauty squash moved this morning poor things were root bound pretty badly waiting on me!! Hopefully they survive and fruit for me!! My green beans have even more flowers today and some of my herbs have sprouted..so far so good. Only a couple casualties thus far. Looks like more rain today! !

My guess for today will be tobacco

• sguanzon
    9 years ago

How about alfalfa?

• canyonwind
    9 years ago

How about wheat?

Sheri, I have not heard of the Pizza Pepper...putting that on my list of seeds to pick up. Q's for you...are able to grow peppers in your Panhandle Winter? And what tomatoes do well for you during the Winter?

Thanks for the fun...fun...fun swap!!

Happy Saturday!

Annie

Sponsored
DryHome Roofing & Siding, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars82 Reviews
Loudon Co. Roofing, Siding & Exterior Remodeler Best of Houzz 5 times!