hdiperna

UPDATE: August Birthday Buddies

hdiperna
13 years ago

The Birthday for August is....ME!

August 16

hdiperna

A little about myself...

I am married and have 2 little boys. I also have 2 dogs, a cat and 2 guinea pigs. I like to garden, but this year I don't know where the time went. Between the heat and my neglect it is just a bunch of brown. I don't really have a wish list. Easy Growers is probably best!!

Hope you all are having a great summer!

Heidi

Comments (17)

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Heidi,

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you on August 16th! ENJOY!! I am chuckling at "Easy Growers is probably best"............
    What do you consider an easy grower????? I have learned that what is easy for others is not easy for me...LOL! The bunnies, the snails, the heat, and so on.............

Happy Sunday!!!

Annie

• hdiperna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

True True Annie...for me easy growers are Marigolds, Sunflowers, most Gaillardia, coneflowers. This year I had a horrible time with getting Tomatoes started. I gave up after my second attempt. Luckily my sister has been bringing me things from her garden.

Heidi

• elliesfun
    13 years ago

A very happy birthday to you Heidi. Do something special! As Annie put it, some plants are easy for one and hard for others. I just plant them and if they come up all the better. Enjoy your day!

Ellie

• hdiperna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I received a card from Annie (canyonwind). It had Mammoth Sunflowers, Tithonia Torch Mexican Sunflower, and Gaillardia Burgandy.

Thank you so much!!

Heidi

• smitties
    13 years ago

Heidi, an early birthday greeting from me to you. It rained today and rain is in the forecast for tomorrow so my plan to harvest is put on hold. I will be away this weekend but as soon as I can harvest some special things I think you will like, I will get them off to you. I apologize for the delay but I will be thinking of you on your big day. Enjoy it and make the most of it.

Margo

• hdiperna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I received a wonderful card from Ellie (FarmerGirl2009)
    It contained Zinnia seeds. Thank you I love Zinnias.

Margo~ thanks for the bday wishes. It rained here all day yesterday. We really needed it.

Heidi

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

Heidi,

Happy Birthday! Will you please send me an email with your addy.

Lisa

I almost forgot! I got a lovely card with seeds from Annie for no reason at all. It was such a nice surprise at a time when I needed a pick me up..Thank you Annie!!!

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday to you a day early! Hope it will be a great one for you!
    Could someone please email the addy's for Heidi and the last months birthdays? Thanks so much! Melinda

• hdiperna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Goodmorning all

Melinda and Lisa I sent you both emails. Please let me know if you do not receive them.

Heidi

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday Heidi!! Hope you have a great day!!!
    later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

P.S.
    You share this date with my daughter. She's 4 today.

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Hi, Heidi -
    Happy Birthday! I will be sending a card and some seeds --just letting you know they will be late because I have been away traveling since July 30th. Had a wonderful time!
    Jeanne

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

APRIL,

will you please send me your addy. I have had a card for you since June....lol

Lisa

• w9yards
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday Heidi! My card is in the mail to you! I also wanted to thank Margo for sending me some great flower seeds and a cute card! We had our first hot day today 99 degrees! I was so happy. We went to the beach after I spent the morning planting seeds. We have had such a mild summer I am predicting a really hot next couple of months. I decided to try another planting of some of my favorite warm season seeds just to see what happens. Last year I had tomatoes and strawberries still in November!

Diana
    w9yards

• hdiperna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I received a card from Margarita10. It contained Columbine, zinna and yellow cosmos.

Thank you all for helping to make this my best birthday!!

Heidi

• hdiperna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I received a card from Margarita10. It contained Columbine, zinna and yellow cosmos.

Thank you all for helping to make this my best birthday!!

Heidi

• smitties
    13 years ago

Heidi, your birthday card should have arrived and if not, should be there soon. Sorry so late and I hope you enjoy the seeds. Margo

• hdiperna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello all
    Sorry I haven't closed this yet... I would like to thank everyone for their cards...Margarita, Ellie, Margo, Jeanne, Lisa, Beth and Diana. You all have made this a wonderful birthday.

Heidi