Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skohler_gw

obf 's 4th of july xmas 2007 swap #2

skohler
16 years ago

{{gwi:1277125}}

THOUGHT I WOULD START A NEW FORUM TO POST YOUR XMAS GIFTS ;)

Happy gardening to all sorry can't chat longer

but have to runs some errands this morning .

will catch up later.

susie

Comments (97)

• mellen
    16 years ago

Susann, I, too, am so sorry that you are leaving our group. Whenever I look at my bottle of gold, I always think of you! You do know that anytime in the future that you feel that you want to come back, we will welcome you with open arms.
    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Well, I'm back home again, and hope everyone is having a great day! The advantage of being on the road is I get to stop and look around at different nurseries, and shops.

Carol, your package will be in the mail to you tomorrow, I do hope you like what I've selected for you because I've found things for you in a 150 mile radius of me.LOL I will post the delivery confirmatin numbers when I close up the package/packages.

Dizzy, so sorry to see you go, but like everyone else I will welcome you with open arms.

Susie, thanks for stopping what you were doing this morning for the information I needed. Your big box of goodies arrived today.Wow, you sure know how to fill a box lady!

OK, I need to start wrapping Carols goodies, I will post more later.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Where the heck is hummingbird? Mellen have you seen her?Dizzy you will be missed Annie you do know my new addy is 242 169th st E
    Spanaway Wa 98387
    The new owners of my old house got most of my flowers don't want them getting my boxes also.I'm sure I will love whatever you send. I don't think I have ever gotten a box from you, so I am excited. Anita your box is on its way. hugs to all carol

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Carol, your package will be going to the post office this morning. Yep, I have your new address. The delivery confirmation number is 0307 0020 0000 3240 0438. Enjoy, I've enjoyed picking stuff out for you.

I hope everyone is having a great day. I'm heading out to get that big box of goodies planted that Susie sent me.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

sassyd thank you for the great daffodill bulbs :)
    they arrived today & I plan to plant them in the ground tomorrow ,I will have to let everyone know the name tomorrow for they are out on the front porch & I'm just
    to beat to go out there tonight :))) .

going to go post a couple picture as soon as i get my shower :)) .

well have a great evening :))
    susie

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

Shirley my box arrived today.
    ty so much for a wonderful box. DH will get out in the AM and plant the things

Sorry i have been MIA. I thought the knee situation was fixed. it was for a bit. Now its both knees. I cant hardly walk. i spend most of the time sitting with them straight out supported by a pillow. and to top it off my stupid self tried to remove some brush 2 weeks ago from at edge of our woods. There went the back too. Dr did blood work today. I get results in coulple days. he thinks i have an infection in my joints or the rheumatoid arthritis is majorly flaring up.
    Ive even missed some good stuff on the Co-Op!

Will try to get my partners box out by Saturday Morning. DH can do it then.

My box had
    red snowman candle
    christmas ball ornament
    christmas favorites cd ( i will enjoy this)
    02 cool water misting fan.......this is nice ty! will make sure i keep it on my gardening wagon next time i can get out
    reindeer note pad
    singing stuffed penguin
    bearded iris: cozy calico, amain, feedback, arkansas skies
    daylily: spacecoast sonata, lion king, bradley bernard, christmas is, frankies fantasy, firestorm

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Sue, don't think I included the name or photo, but I'll get it to you, they are like triple blossoms, very top heavy, take my word for it, plant them very deep, you'll think they won't come up, because they're so deep, they will! I've suffered for years with these popping up and falling into the dirt when they bloom, this past year they didn't. But had to wait till the foliage died back to go dig them up. Are those the biggest daffodil bulbs you've ever seen? LOL, they're MONSTERS!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you enjoy, I'll send you a pic and a name! Also, thats not all of your hostess gift, other will be sent with your daylily box which is going out tommorrow (Friday) so you should have it on Monday. (Ok, its NOT a daylily, but something you want! Wonder what? LOL, have fun wondering!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! in July! LOL (Well when a girls got a bed ready something needs to sleep in it!!!) *giggles*

They are soaking they're little footies right now and will be packed up first thing! Hope you like! I was able to add some you asked for and some you didn't, but I think you'll be happy. After you get them, I'll send you pics of the blooms from my garden. (Don't want to spoil the surprise!) I have them tagged/named for you. I'm so excited! I hope you like them!

Hugs!
    Sassy

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Kimberly,
    I'm sorry to here you are having such problems with your knees. I'm glad that your husband is being a sweetie and helping you : )

Annie,
    It sounds like you had some fun being on the road! I like to stop at places too. Gary used to hate that. But he is getting better about it.

Carol,
    I think Hummingbirddaisy got disneyed or decided to quit GW. For some reason, I feel she couldn't post anymore.

Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Kim, if I remember right, I'm your receiving partner. I'm telling you, please don't feel stressed to get a box out to me, actually, I will be really upset if you hurt yourself worring about a stupid box. You take care of yourself, when your knees are better send it when you can. Enough said! You just worry about taking care of yourself!

Girl my knees are going too, runs down a long line of women in my family, I dread it, but it almost on me, my Mom had a knee replacement and they had to go back in, now they're waiting for that one to heal so they can do the other knee. Not looking forward to it.

Feel better,
    Sassy

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

SASSYD YES YOUR RIGHT THEY ARE VERY NICE BIG BULBS & THANKS for letting me know to plant them deep for i don't like droopy plants :))))

HERE IS THE UP-DATE AS TO WHO HAS RECEIVED IF i HAVEN'T
    MARKED YOU & YOU RECEIVED PLEASE LET ME KNOW .
    all boxes should be mailed by saturday july 28th .
    If for any REASON you cannot send out Pleasse let Me
    Know & also your friend for this month .
    thank you
    susie

RECEIVED
    THERESA24
    DEBBYA
    BRITTNEYGRAN
    LIL-GREEN_THUMB
    MELLEN
    REMY

HAVE NOT RECEIVED
    SASSYD
    SGUANZON******** ENROUTE
    VEEJA11 ******** ENROUTE
    RAGGEDYANNE
    SANDLAPPER-ROSE
    nyvoices
    skohler

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Susie,

My box did arrive from Debba, I posted it on the other thread, but I will post it again here.

Here is what I got:

I GOT MY BOX FROM DEBBA TODAY. WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY!

Deb, THANK YOU! You always send such nice things.
    Enclose was:

Hosta- Night Before Christmas

Christmas Fantasy- Christmas Catus (this is my very first one)

Succulant Ground cover

Candy Swirls- African violet

2 Angel soaps- Lemon Verbena scented (love the smell)

The Spirit of Christmas Cook book. (SOOOOOOOO NICE)

Not one ornament but a box of the 12 days of Christmas!

Photo Key Chain!

Deb, again, thank you so much!
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassyd
    16 years ago

SGuanzon's delivery confirm # shows being delivered yesterday:)

Sassy

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Yes indeed, I arrived home to find a "humongus" (is that the word) box from Sassy,

First was the cutest little bee pot (unfortunately it broke sob)
    next came allium bulbs
    a "family is like a garden" tile
    a really large orange/vanilla candle
    a sunflower candle
    a grapeseed and aloe body scrub, body lotion, and shower gel kit - very unusual
    a pair of rugged wear garden gloves - so great! I go through the other kind quickly!
    a gel eye mask (DD took off with this one already LOL!)
    3 sunface-type wall plaques - go great on my patio - thanks!
    and a beautiful dragonfly windchime - perfect!
    and some ornamental pepper pods

Thanks so much for a wonderful box Sassy - was so much fun to open.

Sue G.

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

received a very nice Hostess Gift from carol today
    carol daddy said thank you for the DAd"s GARDEN Plant Stake going to put it in the planter on the front porch ,

& for my gifts :)) she sent me A Vanilla Gingerbread scented candle
    Package of 10 plant stakes made in Japan for I cannot read the packaging :))
    & a Huge SCILLIA BULB Never had one of these are they
    perennial in z5 ???? Have to do a search on this :))
    Biggest of all is the cutest braclet from Hallmark
    that says
    live,love,laugh
    laugh often
    live a life thats full
    love with all your heart
    and happyiness will embrace you
    very very nice thank you so much .

well daddy is waiting for me to fix supper going to be lite tonight very warm out & to hot to turn on the stove :))

RECEIVED
    THERESA24
    DEBBYA
    BRITTNEYGRAN
    LIL-GREEN_THUMB
    MELLEN
    REMY
    RAGGEDYANNE
    SGUANZON

HAVE NOT RECEIVED
    SASSYD
    VEEJA11 ******** ENROUTE
    SANDLAPPER-ROSE
    nyvoices
    skohler

• sassyd
    16 years ago

SueG I'm glad you liked everything, maybe your dd will let you borrow her eye gel mask, lol. I hate our little bee got broken, dang it, thought it was too cute. I'm so embarrassed, I realized less than an hour after that box shipped that I had forgotten your Christmas ornament, I'm so sorry. And I would have wrapped stuff in Christmas paper but, with moving last spring, it all went in the trash, for me at that time, it was easier than something else to take care of and move. I need one of those containers for wrapping paper. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

SueK, your box was shipped today full of plants! The daylilies are part of our trade, the other surprises are part of your hostess gift for this swap. Enjoy! Here's the UPS confirm # 1z6408w10357017920 Its not showing much right now, but I'm sure she sent it 2 day so you'll get in on Monday. When you receive the box, I'll send you pics from my garden so you can keep track, lol, you gotta tell me how you like my idea for 'plant labeling'. Hey when you're out of tags you make up what you have to that works!

Hope everyone has a good weekend, we're getting a little rain right now, god we need it so desperately. I'm praying it doesn't stop for a while. Then tommorrow, it'll be back to 100 and burning everything to death like usual.

Later girls........
    Sassy

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

LADIES - MY BOX WILL BE A LITTLE LATER THAN EXPECTED GOING OUT THIS MONTH. MY UNCLE WAS KILLED ON HIS JOB SUDDENLY AND VIOLENTLY YESTERDAY MORNING. AS OF 10 AM THIS MORNING HIS BODY STILL HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED BY THE CORONER. HE AND MY MOM WERE CLOSE GROWING UP AND IT IS HARD ON HER. WILL POST BACK IN A FEW DAYS. SHOULD HAVE EVERYTHING OUT BY MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK.
    HE LEFT BEHIND A 19 YR OLD SON AND A WIFE. ALONG WITH 4 SISTERS. PLEASE KEEP THE FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS.

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

Was just sent to me.... link to story.......i cannot tell you any more than this. I do know more but right now too much is still unknown. again please keep the family in your prayers. he wanted to retire 2 weeks ago but was waiting until september for several reasons.

Here is a link that might be useful: ACCIDENT

• mellen
    16 years ago

SandlapperRose, Your box will be going out on Monday. Mary Ellen

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Kim,
    That is just awful. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers and so many other people's too.
    Remy

• mellen
    16 years ago

Kim, Prayers going up for your family. I am so very sorry.
    Mary Ellen

• mellen
    16 years ago

SandlapperRose, I just e-mailed you. Would you please post whether you received it or not? Thanks, Mary Ellen

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Oh terrible, I'm so sorry Kim. You take care dear, hugs to you and your family.

Sassy

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Today was christmas at carol's house, huge box arrived from Annie, nice rose plant 2 daylilies. then pretty wrapped packages, plant markers, patrotic wind chimes, squirrel corn feeder, jack russell ornament, deer ornament, a very fragarent gold canyon candle. hope I didn't miss anything. thankyou annie I love it all. my conf # says Anita has her box from me. Mellen I have the emergency box all packed up if you want me to send it. big hugs to all carol

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Oh God!! Carol, I'm the awefullest person in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never sent you emergency! Oh god, I'm so so so sorry! I honestly forgot about it, but I won't forget again, some things will be on the way this week. Again, I'm sooooooo sorry! Oh that just pi$$#S me off at myself! My mind is.....well I think you all know! lol

Sassy

Oh can you give me your addy? I don't think I've seen it posted anywhere! lol Girl, I'm just kidding, I'll find it, like Trina kidding me about the 'skeeters'.

Sassy

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Good Morning! :O)

First of all, Kim, I'm so sorry for your loss please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Carol, I'm so glad you liked your package. Funny thing with the ornaments I found the deer ornament first, then came across the little Jack Russell. As soon as I spotted it I thought of your baby Chubs and you.

Well, I will post more later, Dh has drs. appointment at 1:00 so I better get myself ready to go.

I'm off untill tomorrow night, so glad to be home and sleep in my own bed.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Kim-So sorry to hear about the accident. Know that I will be praying for your Mom and the Redmon Family. How very tragic for something like that to happen. WE all know we must be ready to go at any time. Hugs and prayers for you as well.

Shirley

• mellen
    16 years ago

Jeanne/SandlapperRose, I mailed your box on Monday. The DC# is

0305 1720 0001 3914 4039.

Mary Ellen

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Sue, your hostess gift is going out today. Sorry I'm late, the month just got away with me!

Sue G.

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

TY SUEG BE WATCHING it :)
    Sassy: I received your very nice box yesterday this box was for our feb valentine swap & hostess gifts so a very nice full box ;))
    Nice tags sassy & they just may work for our hard winters
    but going to add a back up marker also :)

in the box was MY VALENTINES
    UNDERSTATED ELEGANCE
    OLD IVORY
    BREAD APPART
    ROSE EMILY
    2 BID ????
    GLORY IN RUFFLES
    SLAP ME SASSY :))) SO FITTING

HOSTESS GIFTS ;)
    HERRENHAUSEN GARTER BURGMANSIA
    ANOTHER BURG
    &MY 1ST BROMELIAD (BILLERGIA PRYAMIDATIS
    AUREA STRIATA ) SURE GLAD I DON'T HAVE TO PRONOUCE THESE NAMES 7 SHE HAD THEM WROTE OUT :)
    Now i have to get out side & get these in the ground .
    going to be up in the 90's today . way to hot for me ;)

debbya have not forgotten your fudge sundea will get it in the mail soon.

up-date on july xmas--- please post when you have shipped
    or RECEIVED ladies .

RECEIVED
    THERESA24
    DEBBYA
    BRITTNEYGRAN
    LIL-GREEN_THUMB
    MELLEN
    REMY
    RAGGEDYANNE
    SGUANZON
    VEEJA11

HAVE NOT RECEIVED
    SASSYD
    SANDLAPPER-ROSE
    nyvoices
    skohler

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Lol Sue, 2 bid????

I have no idea about that, but you have another daylily in there named 'Noble Warrior', that has to be it. Gonna make a new post with pics of each for you.

Understated Elegance is a wonderful rebloomer, since the first bloom is hasn't stopped, still blooming its heart out here.

The other brug...I don't know the name but its a peachy color.

It worried me so bad when I saw they weren't being delivered until yesterday, hope all was ok.

Sassy

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

I see that I posted under the first listing instead of this second one. Susie & Mellen, my box arrived and I love all of the things you sent, Mellen. See the other heading for more details. Have a fun weekend, Mellen. I am going away, too. Have not done that for a long time. Should be fun!

• veeja11
    16 years ago

no one loves me, or susie you all forgot our birthdays, TO THE CORNER EVERYONE!!!!!semi hugs carol

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OK GM Ladies we have just a few more boxes yet to be sent & received before i can close out this forum .

for this month . have to go help a friend out this morning so will try to read the forum when i get home .

susie

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

In addressing Diane's box I noticed a street addy and a post office addy for her.
    which one do i use?

plmk
    Kim

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Kim if sending usps use po box 247

if ups or other use 4921 Powers St.

Sassy

• veeja11
    16 years ago

my box to anita was sent conf # 03070020000172914239 says it was delivered. hope it is not sitting in hot sun, plants won't be happy. last visitor left yesterday, I'm alone again. prayers needed for grandaugher she is the one who lost her first baby is pregnant again, 19 so a little more prepared to be a mommy. need prayers for this one to make it. my first great granbaby. hugs carol

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

my condolences to all who need it this month.

lol....... had already ran to post office.
    sent with both addys. not sure where it will go.
    will be home or post office one!
    it went out today
    DC# is 0306 1070 0001 9492 9641

Hostess box went out also. I ran out of DC tickets and DH forgot to put one on.

-Kim

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks kim will be on the lookout :))
    receive a email from anita & her box to me will be in the mail soon .

anita did carols box get there ? conf# said yes but we just wanted to check be sure it was dropped at your house
    no one elses :))
    ty ladie I have a dinner date with friends from school
    this evening so I have to go get ready :) but first I have to go get pooh bear 's ,lion kings mickeys & minies , out of my car just cleaned out a friends bedroom what a pack rat she is 3 boxes of disneys in my car to sort out for my yard sale . & ty & beanie babies . :))
    what a day well got to run chat more later :))
    susie

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Its no problem Kim, it will go to my po box. Hope you and your family are doing ok. Thinking of you all. You take care.

Thanks
    Sassy

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Susie, Sounds like you have your work cut out for you; yard sales are a lot of work. I don't know if you got my last couple of e-mails, but I want to thank you for the box of goodies you sent me yesterday, and Dh had them soaking for me.

DH went for an ultra sound on his thyroid this morning. I hate the waiting game, but got good news, the blood tests came back ok that he had done on Monday so that is a +.

Missed Chatting with you this past week,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hey ladies
    mail just went through I received a very nice gift or gifts from kim /little_green_thumb :) thank you so much for thinking about my critters :)) My birds:) kim sent a tweety bird xmas tree ornament i think in honor of my birds :)) then for me a carousal ornament for me hope i spelled it right:)also Hersey's dk rich chocolate kissesssssssssss fillllled with cherry cordial creme' oh how they melt in your mouth but sure don't last long that taste leaves you wanting another & another same on you kim
    I think you just buy them for the game pieces & send your friends the candy so you don't gain the lbs .
    thank you so much for the sweets & ornaments :))

today i'm catching up here at home after going shopping to fill the pantry once again :) i have my meats marinating for my kabobs tonight . dad does not like bar-b- que but he loves my veggie & fruit k-bobs .

didn't get much sleep last night the gals & i were out till 1 am we talked about all the old glass mates 40yrs
    we have been out of school this yr & we all still look like tittty bobber I mean teeny bobbers hehehehhe.

i wrote on marshanne bathroom mirror with nels lipstick :))
    but nel also did it marsha went in to use her bathroom came out & said oh how sweet i will never wash the mirror again ;)))

I did offer to wash it off but she said no . I hope that when you all reach my age you will still have your glassmates to chum with :) we have a ball when we get together without husbands or kids :) & sometimes with our family my dad is their dad as their parents we mine also & now we all have just my father all their parents have passed .

will i 'm sure you all know how much fun i had last evening so will shut up :) DJ's Comming for the kisses
    so have to go put them up .
    thanks a bunch kim I'll think of you when i pull out the scales :)))

hugs to all
    susie

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Kim, I received the box today, thanks so much!

Susie, she hit me with those kisses too!:) and some gingerbread cookies, a dishtowel, that looks like a stained glass angel, very pretty Kim, love it! A cinnamon apple (red like christmas) candle, Yankee Tarts Wax Potpourri named Christmas Cookie, a cute little pail from Holiday Open House Dip Mix with receipe and dry ingredients inside, sounds tasty Kim. I just adore the little angel figurine, its so precious! And last but not least a daylily and a hosta named.......Christmas Cookies!
    So love everything Kim and hope I didn't miss anything, just know I'm very thankful, and I am enjoying them!

Sassy

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

QUICK UP-DATE TO LET SUEG KNOW THAT I received the wonderful copper plant stakes with pens :)))
    I like these type thank you much .
    we are about to close this swap soon thank you all for playing this month.

RECEIVED
    THERESA24
    DEBBYA
    BRITTNEYGRAN
    LIL-GREEN_THUMB
    MELLEN
    REMY
    RAGGEDYANNE
    SGUANZON
    VEEJA11
    SASSYD
    SANDLAPPER-ROSE
    nyvoices

HAVE NOT RECEIVED
    skohler

have a great week of Happy gardening
    susie

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Susie who is sending to you ?is she in trouble?plmk. hugs carol

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

Shoot. I got 2 bags of those kisses...... lol
    They were like 2lb bags i think so i split one between ya!
    lol
    I split the other with me, DH, and my sisters kids lol
    i coulda hid and eaten that whole bag!
    lol

glad you all liked your boxes!
    ~Kim

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Carol,
    I think Anita was suppose to send to Susie. Anita never replied about receiving her box from you, did she?
    Has anybody heard from her? You're in the TDs, has anyone heard from her in that group?
    Remy

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

WELL LADIES i'M CLOSING OUT THIS SWAP i JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE NICE HOSTESS GIFTS THAT WERE SENT .
    SEE YOU IN THE NEXT SWAP .
    SUSIE

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

A Big Apology to Carol & Susie, I am so sorry life has gotten so much in my way:( I hope you both understand, my DH & DS have been WAY more important to me to tend to the last few week's.

I did indeed receive my box from Carol, hence her apology for not posting it till now, Carol sent me:
    Daylily Smite
    Daylily Cheerio
    Scillia
    Amaryllis
    Christmas Candles & Holders
    Foamie Key Chain Kit
    Holiday Zipper Pull
    Holiday Earrings
    Candy Cane Light Set
    Magic Pooh Washcloth
    Thank you so much for everything, I hope I have not missed anything:(

Susie,
    I hope these make up for being so late, Get your tags ready, you have the following heading your way in the morning:
    LUPINS-2-Mixed
    SIBERIAN IRIS- Sweet Surrender
    HOSTA-Baby Bunting
    HOSTA- Golden Anniversary
    Daylily- Edith Sliger
    DAYLILY- Raspberry Beret
    DAYLILY- Wild Horses
    DAYLILY- El Desperado
    DAYLILY- John Peat
    DAYLILY- Strawberry Lace
    DAYLILY- Judge Roy Bean
    DAYLILY- Piano Man
    DAYLILY- Licorice Candy
    DAYLILY- Golden Compass
    10-Sparaxis
    10-Mexican Shell Flower
    10-Red Hardy Glads
    10-Brodiae

Your D/C # 0103 8555 7491 2699 7991, Your hostess gift will also be in your box,
    :)Anita

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ANITA That is way to generous of you & as i said i would have been fine with much less . what a gal thank you so much & i will be sure to let you know when they arrive.

thank you so much
    susie

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ANITA I'M SO PLEASED WITH ALL THE VERY NICE DAYLILIES
    IRIS'S ,HOSTA'S , LUPINES, & ALL THE ASSORTED BULBS ,
    ALSO RECEIVED A VERY PRETTY BLUE GLASS FLOWER VASE
    SO VERY PRETTY THANK YOU FOR SUCH A NICE SELECTION.
    thank you all for a very nice swap .

susie