Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl34_gw

update: iris' ~hosta's~& daylilies oh my! swap year 3~thread 2

flowergirl34
9 years ago

Good morning everyone!

Please Sue and everyone else no rush on the mailing. I don't mind if this swap gets extended. Especially with the hot heat a lot of you have been having.

As my gramma would say, " the water's fine...lets just sit back and stay a while" :)

Sue, I just looked up some of your daylilies! Amazing box!! What kind of sedums did you receive! Wow! Frankielynn 14 extras! You did go above and beyond!!

THE BINGO WORD FOR SUNDAY IS: BIG BANG THEORY

OH MY BINGO WORDS CALLED:

1. FLAMINGO TWISTER
2. DO THE MATH
3. TURTLE TIE DYE
4. TINTINNABULATION
5. ALIEN'S STARDUST
6. OGON WOGON
7. BABA YAGA
8. BIG BANG THEORY

OH MY'ERS:

Shirley (brittneysgran) AND Alana (poisondartfrog) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER

frankielynn AND Sue (sueguanzon) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~frannkielynn SENT~~~Sue REC'D~~~

Kathie (sinbadsmom) AND Jayeanne (pinkiris) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~ Jayeanne (pinkiris) SENT~~~Kathie (sinbadsmom) REC'D~~~

Sheri (panhandle_seed_swap) AND Cinnie0 SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~Sheri 1/2 SENT :)~~~~Cinnie0 REC'D~~~

Suzanne(hibiscusfan) SENDS TO Colcol ~~SENT~~

Colcol SENDS TO Vina (flowergirl34)

Vina(flowergirl34) SENDS TO Suzanne (hibiscusfan)~~SENT~~

I'm starting a new thread since we are close to the end of this one. Please post there. :) Thanks!

Have a great Sunday!!
vina

another oldie but goodie: dayliily Fooled Me :)

Comments (68)

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

I just got a notice from American Meadows that Nikki's Black Dragon Iris will ship on August 11 instead of the 4th. They sold out of that particular variety already. That was quick!

Sheri

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

wow! Kathie! You really had me feeling like it was Christmas today! =) Everything arrived in perfect condition... so excited and pleased with the fabulous selection you sent! I came across the chocolates while 'digging in' and then off to Lowes I went for some soil....came home and got everything all taken care of.... cant wait to see the blooms on these =)

Kathie spoiled me rotten (no complaints, love every bit of it! lol ) ...with....some delicious chocolates that I enjoyed while unpacking the box....they are now gone, lol....

Elegant Candy Daylily
    Mystical Rainbow Daylily
    3rd Witch Daylily
    Night Beacon Daylily
    Pretty Fancy Dayliy
    Mildred Mitchell Daylily
    Her Majestys Wizard Daylily
    Night Embers Daylily
    Echoes of Mercy Daylily
    Toad Lily
    Lily Sargental (Kathie...did I spell this correctly?)
    Lily Landini - wow
    Dark Columbine Seeds... Ruby Port and Black! LOVE the darker hues, shades and colors! (cant wait to winter sow these!)
    False Lupine seeds
    Jack in the pulpit seeds
    Dutchmans Breeches corms - soooo excited to try these!!
    Blood Root
    Wild Delphinium!

OH MY Kathie! wow you really outdid yourself - I am ecstatic...thank you so much! I really appreciate your kindness.

Thank you Vina for hosting...this is one of my favorite swaps =)

Many hugs!
    Jayeanne

This post was edited by pinkiris on Sun, Aug 3, 14 at 9:23

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Kathie ...

I also wanted to thank you for the awesome plant tag markers you sent along....those are fabulous! thank you again for everything! =)

Jayeanne

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good morning!!

Sheri, that is a GORGEOUS iris!! So dark!

WOW! Jayeanne!!! That is a definitely what I call a CHRISTMAS present! Holy Moly! I have to go look some of those up later, the names are awesome!

I had a little more umph yesterday than usual and decided to take on my nemesis in the front of the house... the blue rug juniper (ugh!) A long, long...really long time ago I planted this right next to our sidewalk coming up to the house. And every year I take the whacker to it because it grows everywhere! I has filled in a 5ft x 20ft area and still wants more! Nasty little weeds come up in between it and when you go to pull them out you get pricked in the hands, and forget the gloves idea it's so tight in between you can't get your hands WITH gloves on in there.

So yesterday, after much soul searching on the idea (mostly I was searching for the large clippers), I hacked that thing to pieces. 5/6 wheelbarrow loads later I can see the ground again!! Hallelujah! Not quite sure what I'm going to plant there? Right now I'm just happy that stuff isnt' there anymore.

You ever have a.... "What was I thinking moment?" Yesterday was mine. Sweating, covered in those flying bits of evergreen which are of course sticking to me all over I thought... WHY DID I EVER PLANT THIS! LOL!

THE BINGO WORD FOR SUNDAY: ALIENS IN THE GARDEN

1. FLAMINGO TWISTER
    2. DO THE MATH
    3. TURTLE TIE DYE
    4. TINTINNABULATION
    5. ALIEN'S STARDUST
    6. OGON WOGON
    7. BABA YAGA
    8. BIG BANG THEORY
    9. VANILLA ARMADILLO

1. ELEPHANT BURGERS
    2. ACID TEST
    3. ZZZ A SLEEPING BEAUTY
    4. THE DISH RAN AWAY WITH THE SPOON
    5. FRIED BANANAS
    6. ALIENS IN THE GARDEN

We are officially 1/2 way through our BINGO words is anyone getting close :)?

OH MY'ERS:

frankielynn AND Sue (sueguanzon) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~frannkielynn SENT~~~Sue REC'D~~~

Kathie (sinbadsmom) AND Jayeanne (pinkiris) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~ Jayeanne (pinkiris) SENT~~~Kathie (sinbadsmom) REC'D~~~Kathie (sinbadsmom) SENT~~~Jayeanne (pinkiris) REC'D~~ COMPLETE

Sheri (panhandle_seed_swap) AND Cinnie0 SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~Sheri 1/2 SENT :)~~~~Cinnie0 REC'D~~~Cinnie0 SENT~~~Sheri REC'D~~COMPLETE

Suzanne(hibiscusfan) SENDS TO Colcol ~~SENT~~REC'D~~COMPLETE

Colcol SENDS TO Vina (flowergirl34)~~SENT~~REC'D~~~COMPLETE

Vina(flowergirl34) SENDS TO Suzanne (hibiscusfan)~~~SENT~~REC'D~~~COMPLETE

Have a terrific Sunday!!
    vina

Just had to share this. I have been very into sedums this summer. This one has proven to be awesome! Purple Emperor.

Is there a sedum swap coming up? I might want to try some new ones? :)

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Vina, sounds like you got an awesome work-out, yesterday. ;) I have 6 BINGO words left on my list, that I need. I'm really enjoying all the photos that you post... thank you!

Sheri

• frankielynnsie
    9 years ago

Back from the beach and got 2 new hostas, 2 new sedums and a new hens and chickens AND 4 big zip bags of beach rocks. Plants and rocks are the only souvenirs I want. Found a few shells and fossils to add to the collection that has been growing since childhood in old canning glass jars on top of the kitchen cabinets. I sure do hope those cabinets are screwed into 2 x 4's or they will be coming down with all the weight on them.

Okay Sue, I am home and not going anywhere for awhile except to work. School starts back in 2 weeks. Sigh, I love summers off but they go by so fast. I do kind of miss all my kids, a little...

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Morning!

Yes, Sheri that was a terrific workout for the shoulders and arms with those heavy clippers. Yesterday, I was a dynamo and weeded 3 beds, and cleaned out the pond...before it started POURING! It rained all the rest of the afternoon which put a halt on yard stuff. But, the whole family snoodled in and watched a movie together. That was nice. We haven't done that since last winter.

frankie, that sounds like a wonderful beach trip. Did you visit garden centers where you got your plants or were they liberated right from the beach?

Just throwing a question out to all my gardenweb friends... Does anyone have any experience with goats? As pets? I had one when I was younger and she was my joy... anyway, my daughter really, REALLY wants one and I am trying to accumulate as much info as I can about them. She would like a Myotonic (the fainting goats) or a Boer goat. Anyone familiar with these?

THE BINGO WORD FOR MONDAY IS: OZ'S COWARDLY LION

1. FLAMINGO TWISTER
    2. DO THE MATH
    3. TURTLE TIE DYE
    4. TINTINNABULATION
    5. ALIEN'S STARDUST
    6. OGON WOGON
    7. BABA YAGA
    8. BIG BANG THEORY
    9. VANILLA ARMADILLO

1. ELEPHANT BURGERS
    2. ACID TEST
    3. ZZZ A SLEEPING BEAUTY
    5. FRIED BANANAS
    6. ALIENS IN THE GARDEN
    7. OZ'S COWARDLY LION

We are officially 1/2 way through our BINGO words is anyone getting close :)?

OH MY'ERS:

Kathie (sinbadsmom) AND Jayeanne (pinkiris) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~ Jayeanne (pinkiris) SENT~~~Kathie (sinbadsmom) REC'D~~~Kathie (sinbadsmom) SENT~~~Jayeanne (pinkiris) REC'D~~ COMPLETE

Sheri (panhandle_seed_swap) AND Cinnie0 SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~Sheri 1/2 SENT :)~~~~Cinnie0 REC'D~~~Cinnie0 SENT~~~Sheri REC'D~~COMPLETE

Have a great Monday!
    vina

Iris: Bumblebee Delite

• frankielynnsie
    9 years ago

I went to nurseries in the area. We made a lot of u-turns. :c)

I have friends with Boer goats and they follow the kids and Mother around like dogs. Their Dad got them to breed and sell for meat but I am not sure how that is going to work out. They are very hardy and don't have to have help with birth.

My Mom had pygmy goats and never had health problems with them. They were so little and would climb up on her back whenever she bent over. They were like dogs, too. Following her around and talking to her if she was outside. They were escape artists and loved the foundation plants. The young ones could squeeze thru the littlest spaces in the gate. Girls are best. Boys can smell very strongly.

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Morning!!

Sheri, I'm so sorry I missed your post earlier... 6 Words! Awesome!!

Anyone close to Sheri in BINGO??

Thank you frankie! Yes, my sweet girl has narrowed it down to a myotonic (fainting) goat, or a boer. Both are meat goats. We wouldn't be selling for meat, she wants to show. And, we have a few local shows around here for both. We went to one, but, the people at them always seem to have "the one you NEED" on the spot. And, when I was trying to ask questions they seemed more concerned about how much I was willing to pay. So I figured I'd better do a lot of research before spending any money. I did read about the smell from the males. I think we would either have a female or a wether ( a fixed male)...no bucks.

I grew up on a horse farm, and we had 1 goat as a pasture mate for one of our horses. She was also a pygmy. I loved her! She did come when you called her and stayed right with you, just like a dog. Even our farrier would trim her feet for us, so I am a complete novice when it comes to goat care.

I do, very much, like the idea of having a small paddock, and as my kids have started calling it, the baby barn, lol, in the yard. It brings back wonderful memories from my childhood that I would like to share with them.

We did go look at "baby barn's" yesterday. Had a riot! I am not used to anything so little being used as a barn. They are like doll houses. Windows, a little front porch, window boxes...so CUTE! We're going out today to another place and see what they have.

THE BINGO WORD FOR TUESDAY: BLACKBIRD SINGING

1. FLAMINGO TWISTER
    2. DO THE MATH
    3. TURTLE TIE DYE
    4. TINTINNABULATION
    5. ALIEN'S STARDUST
    6. OGON WOGON
    7. BABA YAGA
    8. BIG BANG THEORY
    9. VANILLA ARMADILLO

1. ELEPHANT BURGERS
    2. ACID TEST
    3. ZZZ A SLEEPING BEAUTY
    5. FRIED BANANAS
    6. ALIENS IN THE GARDEN
    7. OZ'S COWARDLY LION
    8. BLACKBIRD SINGING

OH MY'ERS:

Hope everyone has a great day!!
    vina

• sinbadsmom
    9 years ago

Vina sent you an email about the goats! Kathie

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good morning!

Kathie, thank you so much for the email. I'm definitely going to have a goat proof fence. I believe we're going with a vinyl vertical picket, with a metal goat fence on the inside of it. 2 fences attached. Would be incredibly difficult to climb out. It's about 5 feet tall.

Went to look at more baby barns yesterday and hubby got so fed up he said we should just build one that will suit us. I think it will be better that way anyhow. I'll be able to get it set up the way I want. :) I'm thrilled!

It's going to take a year to get everything ready for our new arrival. Around here we have 2 seasons...working outside and winter (we're one of the snowiest places in the US). Our cold starts about October and lasts till April/May... so we'll see what we can get done in the meantime :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR WEDNESDAY: HOLY COW

1. FLAMINGO TWISTER
    2. DO THE MATH
    3. TURTLE TIE DYE
    4. TINTINNABULATION
    5. ALIEN'S STARDUST
    6. OGON WOGON
    7. BABA YAGA
    8. BIG BANG THEORY
    9. VANILLA ARMADILLO

1. ELEPHANT BURGERS
    2. ACID TEST
    3. ZZZ A SLEEPING BEAUTY
    5. FRIED BANANAS
    6. ALIENS IN THE GARDEN
    7. OZ'S COWARDLY LION
    8. BLACKBIRD SINGING
    9. HOLY COW

OH MY'ERS:

Have a terrific Wednesday!!
    vina

seriously, how can anyone not think this is adorable? :D

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Oh my that little fella is adorable....

Alana's box was mailed yesterday.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Happy Thursday!! So close to the weekend...almost there...

Shirley, they are SO cute! I don't know how anyone could eat one though? They're meat goats? I know I couldn't.

How close is anyone to BINGO? I wonder if you are all waiting for the same words??
    Hope this one helps :)...

THE BINGO WORD FOR THURSDAY IS: WICKY WACKY WOO

1. FLAMINGO TWISTER
    2. DO THE MATH
    3. TURTLE TIE DYE
    4. TINTINNABULATION
    5. ALIEN'S STARDUST
    6. OGON WOGON
    7. BABA YAGA
    8. BIG BANG THEORY
    9. VANILLA ARMADILLO

1. ELEPHANT BURGERS
    2. ACID TEST
    3. ZZZ A SLEEPING BEAUTY
    5. FRIED BANANAS
    6. ALIENS IN THE GARDEN
    7. OZ'S COWARDLY LION
    8. BLACKBIRD SINGING
    9. HOLY COW
    10. WICKY WACKY WOO

OH MY'ERS:

Shirley (brittneysgran) AND Alana (poisondartfrog) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~Shirley SENT~~

Anyone have any weekend plans? Where is everyone??? Probably out in the gardens, lol. :)

Have a great day!!
    vina

off goats and back to plants...
    One of my fav's: Cliffs of Dover :)

• poisondartfrog
    9 years ago

I got an incredible box from Shirley (brittneysgran) today. I planted three of the plants immediately, the rest I will get to tomorrow night. There were so many!
    Bearded Iris, Jennifer Rebecca and Stairway to Heaven
    Siberian Iris Showdown
    Oriental Lily Landini
    Daylilies
    Both Sides Now
    Country Pride
    Denali
    Double Bourbon
    Double Concerto
    Double Ojai
    Fire Breathing Dragon
    Lagniappe
    Moses Fire
    Spotted Fever
    Topguns Lillian Williams

What a box!

Mine to Shirley will go out next week.

On Bingo, I'm sorry. I forgot to check mine, lol. I'll catch up tonight if I can.
    Alana

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Alana-That was quick I figured you would receive it today. 2 days is good though. Daylily Spotted Fever has the cutest little blooms. I don't mind small blooms if they are doubles, puts me in the mind of roses. Otherwise the bigger daylily blooms the better I like them. As we said the doubles are on the top of our daylily list.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

GOOD MORNING! HAPPY FRIDAY!! :)

Anyone have any weekend plans?

Alana, that box is amazing!
    Shirley, how did you get them all in there? WOW!!

THE BINGO WORD FOR FRIDAY: SOUTHWEST TATTOOED LADY

1. FLAMINGO TWISTER
    2. DO THE MATH
    3. TURTLE TIE DYE
    4. TINTINNABULATION
    5. ALIEN'S STARDUST
    6. OGON WOGON
    7. BABA YAGA
    8. BIG BANG THEORY
    9. VANILLA ARMADILLO

1. ELEPHANT BURGERS
    2. ACID TEST
    3. ZZZ A SLEEPING BEAUTY
    5. FRIED BANANAS
    6. ALIENS IN THE GARDEN
    7. OZ'S COWARDLY LION
    8. BLACKBIRD SINGING
    9. HOLY COW
    10. WICKY WACKY WOO
    11. SOUTHWEST TATTOOED LADY

OH MY'ERS:

Shirley (brittneysgran) AND Alana (poisondartfrog) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~Shirley SENT~~Alana REC'D~~~

A lot of running around today...off to an early start :)
    Have a great day!
    vina

Daylily: Siloam Double Classic

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Shirley, that is the most amazing swap box I've ever seen!!! The Double Bourbon daylily is my favorite.

Vina, I still have 5 Bingo words that I need. Fun!

Sheri

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Nikki's Black Dragon Iris shipped today!

9400110200828278380555 USPS Delivery confirmation #

Sheri

• sguanzon
    9 years ago

Frankielynn, your box should leave today finally! I'll email you the conf # when it's sent!

Sue G

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good morning!!

The boxes are flying all over! :) How exciting!!

Sheri only needs 5 more words. Is anyone else close to that?
    Maybe this one will help :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR SATURDAY: HISSY FIT

1. FLAMINGO TWISTER
    2. DO THE MATH
    3. TURTLE TIE DYE
    4. TINTINNABULATION
    5. ALIEN'S STARDUST
    6. OGON WOGON
    7. BABA YAGA
    8. BIG BANG THEORY
    9. VANILLA ARMADILLO

1. ELEPHANT BURGERS
    2. ACID TEST
    3. ZZZ A SLEEPING BEAUTY
    5. FRIED BANANAS
    6. ALIENS IN THE GARDEN
    7. OZ'S COWARDLY LION
    8. BLACKBIRD SINGING
    9. HOLY COW
    10. WICKY WACKY WOO
    12. HISSY FIT

OH MY'ERS:

Shirley (brittneysgran) AND Alana (poisondartfrog) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~Shirley SENT~~Alana REC'D~~~

frankielynn AND Sue (sueguanzon) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~frannkielynn SENT~~~Sue REC'D~~~Sue SENT~~~

Sheri (panhandle_seed_swap) AND Cinnie0 SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~Sheri SENT :)~~~~Cinnie0 REC'D~~~Cinnie0 SENT~~~Sheri REC'D~~COMPLETE

Have a terrific Saturday!!
    vina

Iris Heartbreak Hotel (thank you Alana!!)

• frankielynnsie
    9 years ago

I think I have 8 words. I picked all the animal ones. I can't pull up the email I sent you so ???

Yeah!!! My box is coming!

• poisondartfrog
    9 years ago

Pretty, Vina! Glad to see a it blooming for you.

I will be digging for Shirley today and will mail either tomorrow or Tuesday depending on weather and how my day goes.

I finally got mine all planted out Shirley. I am anxious for spring now :)

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good morning!

Frankie, I sent you an email with your bingo list. Hopefully, it goes through :)

Alana, they are gorgeous! And the flowerheads are so huge! I'm quite surprised that it hasn't flopped or needed to be staked.

MY BINGO HELPERS ARE DRAWING TODAY...:)

THE BINGO WORD FOR SUNDAY IS: WHICH WAY DID HE GO?

1. FLAMINGO TWISTER
    2. DO THE MATH
    3. TURTLE TIE DYE
    4. TINTINNABULATION
    5. ALIEN'S STARDUST
    6. OGON WOGON
    7. BABA YAGA
    8. BIG BANG THEORY
    9. VANILLA ARMADILLO

1. ELEPHANT BURGERS
    2. ACID TEST
    3. ZZZ A SLEEPING BEAUTY
    5. FRIED BANANAS
    6. ALIENS IN THE GARDEN
    7. OZ'S COWARDLY LION
    8. BLACKBIRD SINGING
    9. HOLY COW
    10. WICKY WACKY WOO
    12. HISSY FIT
    13. WHICH WAY DID HE GO?

OH MY'ERS:

frankielynn AND Sue (sueguanzon) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~frannkielynn SENT~~~Sue REC'D~~~Sue SENT~~~

Sheri (panhandle_seed_swap) AND Cinnie0 SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~Sheri SENT :)~~~~Cinnie0 REC'D~~~Cinnie0 SENT~~~Sheri REC'D~~COMPLETE

Have a great day!
    vina

another cute dwarf Michael Paul

• poisondartfrog
    9 years ago

Well, still raining and 70% chance tomorrow. It might be Tuesday or Wednesday before I can get it together. Not complaining, we've been a little under normal this year until recently.

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Alana-You asked me about Jerry Pate Williams and I told you I had it but I have looked and looked and can't find it. If you still have extras I would like to get it again...thanks. I swear when you have help with the weed pulling you just never know...Grrrrrrrrrrrr (DH)

I like two words on the BINGO.

Vina-Your Irises are just gorgeous....I have finally decided to give up on bearded irises. Over the years I must have lost 300-400, so I say enough. I can grow them at our Church but for some reason they just die off in my beds. From bacterial soft rot, iris borers to too much rain I give up.
    The LA's, Jap. and Sibs are OK so will have to enjoy those. I will say the dirt at Church they love...the tubers are the biggest I have ever seen.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Morning!

Alana, our leaves have started to turn already! My willows are starting to turn yellow and my burning bushes are starting to get the red tinge. I can't believe it! I haven't even started harvesting seeds yet!

Shirley, I've lost a few this year myself! Luckily, I would find one lowly little survivor nubbin to try to keep that specie alive. I've moved quite a few this year as well. We had so much rain and below freezing cold this spring...they just rotted. :(

I wish I could grow daylilies as well as you. I tell people all the time about all your daylilies. Mine start off okay, but, by the end I'm giving them a haircut so they don't get really, really gross. I think its the cooler weather up here that gets them. Southern daylilies are as big as leeks, mine are like pearl onions, lol.

The bingo helpers are drawing again today...

AND THE BINGO WORD FOR MONDAY IS: WEBER'S LITTERBOX

1. FLAMINGO TWISTER
    2. DO THE MATH
    3. TURTLE TIE DYE
    4. TINTINNABULATION
    5. ALIEN'S STARDUST
    6. OGON WOGON
    7. BABA YAGA
    8. BIG BANG THEORY
    9. VANILLA ARMADILLO

1. ELEPHANT BURGERS
    2. ACID TEST
    3. ZZZ A SLEEPING BEAUTY
    5. FRIED BANANAS
    6. ALIENS IN THE GARDEN
    7. OZ'S COWARDLY LION
    8. BLACKBIRD SINGING
    9. HOLY COW
    10. WICKY WACKY WOO
    12. HISSY FIT
    13. WHICH WAY DID HE GO?
    14. WEBER'S LITTERBOX

OH MY'ERS:

Have a super day!!
    vina

Got a picture of monarch on my, of all things...butterfly bush :) WOOHOO

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Might I mention that is a male Monarch? Because this is such a good picture to see it. Look at the lighter color wing in the middle, there is an upside down mitten shape. Now follow the line leading off the top, can you see that bump, a quarter inch over?

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Vina-Yes I really don't have any complaints growing daylilies (thank goodness). I do so love the bearded and will just have to enjoy them in other places. I have moved some to a garden in town. At least others can enjoy them there. Last year I ordered some new intros from Sutton's Irises and they all died. I have even had DH dig sand out of the pond and added it to the soil and put in raised beds but they don't seem to do any better. We do get a lot of rain here in the mountains and that rots them. Keep those pictures coming and I can ooh and aah over yours. LOL

Mary E-That is great that you can tell the difference between a male and female Monarch.

Vina-That is a fantastic picture.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good morning!

Mary, thanks for letting us know. I love learning new things like that. Makes going out in the garden that much more fun when you know what your looking for. So can I guess the females don't have the upside down mitten, or the bump?

Shirley, I love sharing pictures! Once I figured out how to post them, lol. I can't stop :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR TUESDAY IS: KLINGON PRINCESS

1. FLAMINGO TWISTER
    2. DO THE MATH
    3. TURTLE TIE DYE
    4. TINTINNABULATION
    5. ALIEN'S STARDUST
    6. OGON WOGON
    7. BABA YAGA
    8. BIG BANG THEORY
    9. VANILLA ARMADILLO

1. ELEPHANT BURGERS
    2. ACID TEST
    3. ZZZ A SLEEPING BEAUTY
    5. FRIED BANANAS
    6. ALIENS IN THE GARDEN
    7. OZ'S COWARDLY LION
    8. BLACKBIRD SINGING
    9. HOLY COW
    10. WICKY WACKY WOO
    12. HISSY FIT
    13. WHICH WAY DID HE GO?
    14. WEBER'S LITTERBOX
    15. KLINGON PRINCESS

OH MY'ERS:

Have a super day!!
    vina

I love this one! I rec'd it from a gw trade and can't remember who?
    Iris: Delerium

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Hi, the female Monarchs do have the upside down mitten, but not the bumps. Plus, on the girls, their black lines on the lower wings are wider. For eight summers, in my prior garden, my teenager and I brought eggs in from our milkweed, raised them on the screened porch and released them when they emerged as butterflies. The most we released in one day was over twenty. Wonderful to have coffee and watch a chrysalis hatch at dawn.
    Mary E.

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Morning all!

Thanks for the info Mary! The kids and I love learning all sorts of things about insects.

Raining here again today :( Not as bad as I've watched on the news, but, still really wet. The weeds are sure loving it though...I think I can hear them growing, lol.

THE BINGO WORD FOR WEDNESDAY: GODZILLA'S WIFE

1. FLAMINGO TWISTER
    2. DO THE MATH
    3. TURTLE TIE DYE
    4. TINTINNABULATION
    5. ALIEN'S STARDUST
    6. OGON WOGON
    7. BABA YAGA
    8. BIG BANG THEORY
    9. VANILLA ARMADILLO

1. ELEPHANT BURGERS
    2. ACID TEST
    3. ZZZ A SLEEPING BEAUTY
    5. FRIED BANANAS
    6. ALIENS IN THE GARDEN
    7. OZ'S COWARDLY LION
    8. BLACKBIRD SINGING
    9. HOLY COW
    10. WICKY WACKY WOO
    12. HISSY FIT
    13. WHICH WAY DID HE GO?
    14. WEBER'S LITTERBOX
    15. KLINGON PRINCESS
    16. GODZILLA'S WIFE

OH MY'ERS:

Only 5 more words to call for Bingo. How funny if your all waiting for the same word! :D

Talk to ya later!
    vina

She is putting on quite a show this year: Hibiscus: Lady Baltimore

• poisondartfrog
    9 years ago

Lady Baltimore is a grand lady!

Finally, Shirley's box is en route. She should have it Friday if the PO is to be believed. I have the DC if we need it.
    Alana

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good Morning!

Thanks for letting us know Alana :)

There are only 5 Bingo words left and after today only 4!... The kiddos and I are wondering if you all need the same word??? :D

THE BINGO WORD FOR THURSDAY IS: CRASH AND BURN

Hope this one helps :D

1. FLAMINGO TWISTER
    2. DO THE MATH
    3. TURTLE TIE DYE
    4. TINTINNABULATION
    5. ALIEN'S STARDUST
    6. OGON WOGON
    7. BABA YAGA
    8. BIG BANG THEORY
    9. VANILLA ARMADILLO

1. ELEPHANT BURGERS
    2. ACID TEST
    3. ZZZ A SLEEPING BEAUTY
    5. FRIED BANANAS
    6. ALIENS IN THE GARDEN
    7. OZ'S COWARDLY LION
    8. BLACKBIRD SINGING
    9. HOLY COW
    10. WICKY WACKY WOO
    12. HISSY FIT
    13. WHICH WAY DID HE GO?
    14. WEBER'S LITTERBOX
    15. KLINGON PRINCESS
    16. GODZILLA'S WIFE
    17. CRASH AND BURN

OH MY'ERS:

Shirley (brittneysgran) AND Alana (poisondartfrog) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~Shirley SENT~~Alana REC'D~~~Alana SENT~~~

So we are just waiting for Frankie and Shirley to receive and we can wrap this swap up :)

Have a great day!!
    vina

found this the other day...a double gaillardia...

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good morning!!
    Happy Friday!

THE BINGO WORD FOR FRIDAY: DANCING IN THE SUNLIGHT

1. FLAMINGO TWISTER
    2. DO THE MATH
    3. TURTLE TIE DYE
    4. TINTINNABULATION
    5. ALIEN'S STARDUST
    6. OGON WOGON
    7. BABA YAGA
    8. BIG BANG THEORY
    9. VANILLA ARMADILLO

1. ELEPHANT BURGERS
    2. ACID TEST
    3. ZZZ A SLEEPING BEAUTY
    5. FRIED BANANAS
    6. ALIENS IN THE GARDEN
    7. OZ'S COWARDLY LION
    8. BLACKBIRD SINGING
    9. HOLY COW
    10. WICKY WACKY WOO
    12. HISSY FIT
    13. WHICH WAY DID HE GO?
    14. WEBER'S LITTERBOX
    15. KLINGON PRINCESS
    16. GODZILLA'S WIFE
    17. CRASH AND BURN
    18. DANCING IN THE SUNLIGHT

Have a great day!
    vina

Iris Color Carnival :)

• sguanzon
    9 years ago

BINGO!

Sue G

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Gorgeous Iris Vina! Congrats on the bingo win Sue!! wow - what a game! LOL (had 3 words left, the last 3 that werent called, lol)

Thanks again Vina for hosting such a wonderful swap!

Jayeanne

• frankielynnsie
    9 years ago

Yeah Sue! I have been waiting for 1 more name for the last 3 days.

Can you send me the tracking number? The post office hasn't brought my goody box yet and I'm afraid it is lost and baked or rotting. :c(

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

GOOD MORNING!!

CONGRATULATIONS SUE!!! Can you send me your addy and I'll get your prize sent right out to you :)

Frankie, Sue sent me the tracking... 9405903699300237537828 estimated delivery is Monday :)

OH MY'ERS:

Shirley (brittneysgran) AND Alana (poisondartfrog) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~Shirley SENT~~Alana REC'D~~~Alana SENT~~~

frankielynn AND Sue (sueguanzon) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~frannkielynn SENT~~~Sue REC'D~~~Sue SENT~~~Sue SENT~~~

Have a great day!!
    vina

iris... another dwarf, lol. Broken Halo :)

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    9 years ago

Congradulstions Sue on the win! I think I had two words left. THANK YOU VINA FOR SUCH A GOOD SWAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Thank you, Vina, for hosting a great plant swap with awesome games and prizes! :)

Sheri

• poisondartfrog
    9 years ago

Congratulations Sue!
    According to the USPS, Shirley's box was delivered yesterday.

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Alana-Thank you so much for the wonderful box you sent. I was so thrilled to get them all planted I forgot to write down all the contents. Will take care of that tomorrow.

Thank you Vina for hosting this swap so we could all have new blooming plants in 2015. Love that Brokenheart Iris.

Congrats Sue......

Shirley

• poisondartfrog
    9 years ago

Uh oh. Sounds like the plant list did not make it into the box. So sorry Shirley. Let me know if you need my handwriting deciphered on anything.

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Morning all!

Hope everyone had a terrific weekend!

We're just waiting for 1 more box and this swap will be wrapped up.

I know I am the worst at this, but, if everyone could remember to go the rate and review board and leave a review for your swapper that would be awesome!

Sue, I'm digging your bingo winner today :) Hopefully will be going out later...the latest tomorrow. Just want it to be dry enough. We've had rain everyday!!

OH MY'ERS:

Shirley (brittneysgran) AND Alana (poisondartfrog) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~Shirley SENT~~Alana REC'D~~~Alana SENT~~~Shirley REC'D~~~COMPLETE

frankielynn AND Sue (sueguanzon) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~frannkielynn SENT~~~Sue REC'D~~~Sue SENT~~~Sue SENT~~~

Have a great Monday!
    vina

Iris: Carnival Song

• frankielynnsie
    9 years ago

The box got here! It looked like they drop kicked it across the warehouse. It had a sticker that said they had destroyed the box before it got to Atlanta. (It had a big rip in it.) They had tried to tape it up. Nothing looked like it had fallen out thank goodness. The plants are healthy and beautiful and they had great ventilation on their trip. Everybody is planted in pots waiting for me to get the new bed ready. Thanks Sue--I have looked up all the colors of the blooms and I can't wait for flowers next year.

This was a great experience! Thanks for coordinating the trade.

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Morning!

Wow! frankie, I've had boxes like that too. Makes you wonder how the plants can make it, lol. :)

OH MY'ERS:

Shirley (brittneysgran) AND Alana (poisondartfrog) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~Shirley SENT~~Alana REC'D~~~Alana SENT~~~Shirley REC'D~~~COMPLETE

frankielynn AND Sue (sueguanzon) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~frannkielynn SENT~~~Sue REC'D~~~Sue SENT~~~Sue SENT~~~frankie REC'D~~COMPLETE

Sue, your BINGO prize is going out today :) They are nice and dry :)

And, on that note, this swap is officially wrapped up!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR MAKING THIS ONE SO MUCH FUN!!

Talk to you later!
    vina :)

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Alana-I finally got the names of those wonderful daylilies and irises that were in my box.

Daylilies:
    Gemini Jack
    Citrus Sparkler
    Atlanta Moon Walk
    Zella Virginia
    Appalachian Ballad
    Guadalajara

Japanese Iris:
    Eden's Starship
    Freckled Geisha

Thank you again Alana and we are getting some much needed rain and these plants will love it.

Shirley

• sguanzon
    9 years ago

I just wanted to remind everyone that the post office now includes $50 in insurance with priority mail so if anyone receives damaged goods or a trashed package if they send pic's to their partner they can file a claim.

Sue G

• sguanzon
    9 years ago

I received my wonderful iris prizes I won for the Bingo. All planted and ready to grow!

Thanks Vina!

Sue G

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wonderful Sue!! Thanks for letting me know :)
    vina