Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
canyonwind

new: july's gardener of the month***lisa***.

canyonwind
15 years ago

Good Morning Fellow Gardeners of the Month,

July 1st is here....it is now Lisa's turn to reap the benefits. Let us make Miss July's special month truly wonderful!

Here is the updated GOM list as some of the original group are no longer playing!

Debbya...Deb...Miss April

Lindaruzicka...Linda...Miss June

IShareFlowers...Lisa...Miss July

Momcat...Deb...Miss August

Canyonwind...Annie...Miss September

Happyseed...Sonja...Miss October

UNCGardener...Kara...Miss November

***And then for the month of December, we will do a swap amongst the above super group of seven GOM......parteners will be decided in the Fall!!!!

Remember shipping date deadline is the 25th of the month!!

I love games and guessing!!!!!! Here is your first question of the month...for a prize, of course!!!!

WHAT IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE?????????? I suppose I better give you a hint....it was released prior to the year 2000!

More hints will be given if neccessary!!!! LOL!!!!

Lisa...Miss July enjoy!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!!

Annie

Comments (146)

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

No on "New York, New York"...love that song! A Liza Minelli voice would have helped which I did not have...Actually "New York, New York" came out after I was in this pageant thing!

ANYWAYS.....

I did sing a show tune...twas on Broadway and the big screen. I shant tell you the year...that would make it to easy...maybe!!!!

Sleep well!

Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good Morning,

Lisa, mailing your special box today! I will post DC # later!

Come on gals, take a chance and make a guess for three points.....

Another clue....
    I wore a rather wild, hot red dress...not exactly what you would wear to the Oscars!!!!!

Annie

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

OK here goes another guess.... "Cabaret"

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Not Cabaret.....

Another clue....

Not the most popular song from this famous musical..........

Lisa, your DC # is 0307 1790 0003 4684 6518 ......sent today from zip 92678

Linda, your game 2 prize is on its way, sent directly from the store...according to the FEDEX tracking it will be delivered tomorrow, the 17th...

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Let me Entertain you..."humming"

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL!!! What a great guess...but BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

OK another clue.....

In the movie, this song was NOT sung by just one person...several people were involved in the fun!!!!

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Oh boy, were you singing a song from grease? I can't think of song titles right now but maybe someone else could.

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

"We Go Together"??

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Annie,
    If I would've been drinking tea when I opened the box you sent, I would've spewed it everywhere! Get this, girls, she sent me an ENORMOUS green thumb! I laughed so hard I almost cried, I have just the place to put it too, right next to my "I don't remember growing this" stepping stone!..Thanks Annie, you're a hoot!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good Morning,

Sorry....no songs from Grease!!!!!!

Another clue.....

This musical in NOT a comedy!!!!!

Linda,

Just read your email...and responded. You do have a green thunb, don't you!!! But not a broken one....
    Poor Linda, her thumb was broken when delivered!!!!

Annie

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

How about "I Feel Pretty" from West Side Story?

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kara,

No on "I Feel Pretty".....you are getting warm! Only one guess at a time!!!

Annie

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Ok how about "Tonight" ?

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kara,

No on "Tonight".......guess again!!

Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Another clue......
    I could be a little bit crazy with this number......

That clue should do it!!!

Annie

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

"America"?

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

One Flew Over the Kookoo's nest...oh wait, that's a movie..."L"

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well...well...well, could it be we have a winner for Q # 2????

BRAVO Kara, "America" it was!!! 3 more points for UNCGARDENER...Kara now has 5 points and the rest of you have NADA!!!!!

This question will be for 5 points. If Kara guesses this correctly she is the winner of this game. If another GOM guesses correctly, we will have a tie and be forced to go into extra innings, so to speak.

HHHMM, I think we will stick with music on this "Q". You can ask "Q"s but can only make one guess at a time!

Question 3......(5 points)

At our wedding 23 years ago, my husband and I danced to three slow songs. They were favorites of mine and still are. One of the songs was "My Foolish Heart", another was "Moon River".........what was our third slow song and dance???????????

Good Luck and Good Night!

Annie

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

I'm going to try to guess this one, because I didn't try guessing at the 2 other questions. I had the feeling the first one was "Family Feud" and for some reason I guessed "America" for the second, but again didn't post!

Ok, just a guess... Unchained Melody!

Hugs,
    Deb

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good Morning,

Deb......BUZZZZZ on "Unchained Melody"......give it another go!!!!!

Another clue.....
    It has to do with LOVE.....LOL!!!!!

Lisa (I know you are out of town), one of your Miss July things did not make it into your box...I will pop it in the mailbox today!!

Annie

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

ok...here's my guess...
    "At Last" by Etta James

• momcat
    15 years ago

Lisa,

Your box went out today. Delivery conf. # 0307 3330 0001 0198 5717

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

No on "At Last".....

A man with a voice did most of the singing at our wedding reception....but....a woman (of course) could, and has performed this song somewhere.....

Keep trying...

Annie

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

"I will always Love you"
    Can't get this song out of my head now, LOL!

Deb

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

No on "I Will Always Love You".....

Deb and Kara...some great numbers you are coming up with!!!!

I think you better ask me a "Q".......I am in the backyard working and will check in to see if you are progressing properly.

In the meantime, I will blare this song across the canyon with someone I am sure you have heard of singing it...

Annie

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Ok Question:
    Was this song a golden oldie when you got married? i.e. I'm searching for a decade here :)...
    Kara

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

When I was married in 1985 , I referred to 60's music (The Supremes etc.) as golden oldies....I still do. To me, Super Golden Oldies (way before my time and certainly before yours Kara) was big band music. This slow song is somewhere inbetween golden and super golden!!!!! LOL!!!

Annie

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Nevermind, I was ready to guess Olivia Newton John's "I honestly Love you".. LOL! Or something by Elvis!

Hmm? Kara, what's your next guess?

Deb

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Speaking of Olivia Newton John...you better believe the band played "Physical"....love that song! Better go pop that one in!

Annie

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Hmmmmmm...hehe...ok my next guess is....drumroll....
    "unforgettable" nat king cole ??
    Kara

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am going to have to BUZZ you...it was played at my reception but I was not dancing with my honey!

I believe Nat recorded that song in the very early 1950's.......add a few years and you will be getting closer. There are a few "Q"s that you and Deb have not asked that might help you....but, of course, I am not going to reveal what they are!!!!!

Guess...ask "Q's....one of you is going to get it very soon!!!

Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It just occurred to me....Linda has not been playing this "Q". Kara and Deb, you must have scared her away! LOL!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

sorry,,I have a crisis going on here.."sigh"...

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good Morning,

Linda, I do hope everything is OK!!

I have alot of things going on so will peek in to see if anyone has taken another guess or has a Q........

But I will leave you with this clue......
    This slow song is recognized by two differant song names (titles)....one of the titles does have the word LOVE in it, the other does not! I, of course, will except either one!

Tata,

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

I'm baaack and I came home to two packages....

Canyon sent a great box with all kinds of goodies. It had in it.
    chocolate coffee
    bug screen with spf for out in the garden
    a cute garden kitchen towel
    a very nice crystal photo frame
    4 baggies with seeds
    4o hardy gladiola bulbs
    12 rain lily bulbs
    a pack of veggie napkins
    a large note pad with my initial "L"
    foot works foot scrub

Annie, I saw that you posted something didn't go in, it really is okay. I'm thrilled with my box just the way it is!!! Thank you

I also got Momcats box. It had in it............

a magnetic shoppers list with flower magnets
    bubble bath
    3 daylily fans
    2 other plants with no id ( momcat if your peeking, please let me know about the other two)
    a new flag to hang out front. I already hung it out, It's very colorful!!!
    and a glow in the dark hanging garden decoration.

Thank you Momcat, I really love the garden things for outdoors!!!

I have to go unpack, I'll try to check in later.
    Thank you for a great month!!!!

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Lisa, I am planning on getting your box out tomorrow or weds at the latest! (I was waiting on my paycheck lol to pick up a few things for it) Just wanted you to know I hadn't forgotten you!

Kara

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I forgot to check in to see if someone had guessed Q #3....come on ladies let's wrap this game up!!! I want to send out a prize!!!! Come on Kara, Debbya, Momcat, Sonja, Lisa and Linda...take a guess, ask a "Q", take a guess etc.!

GOM business...
    Who WISHES to be the GOM hostess for the month of August which will be for Deb (Momcat)......... Kara or Linda or Sonja? Deb (Momcat) is, of course, free of those duties since it her special month. Speak up!!!! Remember each one of us must be hostess for a month!

Kara is sending her GOM box out to Lisa this week. I believe Sonja still needs to send her box ...And then that does it for Miss July! Correct me if I am wrong!!

And how does everyones garden grow??? My stargazers are in full bloom...truly lovely! My veggies are doing very well...the exception being a few of my hot chile peppers...can quite figure out what their problem is! Off to do some watering!

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Annie, you are correct, I have only two boxes to go! and then.... on to Miss August.

I'm sorry that I haven't participated in your game, I'm aweful at guessing games!

My gardens are starting to explode. I have hydrangeas and garden phlox blooming all over the place.The hibiscus are budding like crazy and if I could get rid of the groudhog, I would have be susans,daisies and yarrows. The foxgloves are finishing up "i sure wish gary the groundhog would eat that or the daturas>

I bought a ton of plants at the local nursery this summer, of course, they are all blooming. I planted nastrium and petunias in a huge urn this year and they look great. The daylillies are doing pretty good but something is ripping them off after they bud, not eating them. I'm getting a bit annoyed! Any suggestions ladies?

I'm off to clean the house, work at 2pm today. I want to hit the nursery before I go in. I saw a sign that all perennials are 50 percent off this week. whoo hoo!!! more plants.

Have a good day
    Lisa

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Lisa, your package went out today! Hope you like everything :) The DC# : 0307 1790 0004 0082 4186

Annie, here's a question or you....was this song originally sung by a solo artist or a group?

Kara

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Lisa,
    deer really like to rip off my daylily buds, could that be what's getting them...they don't eat mine either, it's like they do it out of spite! Although then my neighbors goat got out the other day and ate them to the ground along with the new growth on all my rose bushes :(
    I just got some organic concentrate made with cinnamon and other spices that is supposed to keep the deer of the plants and veggies, hope it works!
    Kara

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good Morning,

This slow song was originally sung by a solo artist, who by the way, is still alive. Have you figured out when this song came to be...meaning the year?

Lisa, it does not matter if you are aweful at guessing...you should have seen me on the Family Feud!!!OH my....LOL!! Games should be FUN...nothing more and nothing less!

Lisa, the daylily forum here on GW might be able to address your ripping off the bud annoyance. I have discovered that one of my German Shepherds loves purple grapes...he has consumed all of them...he loves echinacea flowers, specifically purple and white ones...he loves fresh Alberta peaches off the tree (he has figured out the pit is not to exciting)....he loves blackberries straight off the vine...he is very into Sage and Tarragon. He has also found the green fond leaves on my daylily Happy Returns to be exciting...he shreds them. I have to make sure he does not take an interest in tomatoes...Is it possible that one of your pets is breaking off the bud???

Have a great day!!

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Annie,
    I'm sad to say that my only pet, a 15.5 y/o black lab was put down in December. I think it's the groundhog, he has been caught in the act with the other plants over there.

Kara,
    I'll look forward to getting your package.

Back to work, dinner break is over!!!

• momcat
    15 years ago

Hi Lisa,

I'm glad you liked everything. I'm sorry if the tags were missing from some of the plants. I was trying to get the box packed, and I had help from my puppy, pulling things back out of the box when I turned my back. Let's see, besides the daylilies there was a Lysmachia ciliata 'Firecracker', it was the tallest one, with small yellow flowers, and a very small Geranium praetense. Did you have the tags for the daylilies? I know one was Pandora's Box, can't think of what else, off hand. I hope you figured out how to assemble the dragonfly for your garden. I had the wings wrapped separately so they wouldn't get broken, and I did find my note with the directions for that under a couch cushion last evening.

I'm sorry I have been missing from these threads so much ladies. I just started a new job a couple of months ago, and I'm still learning the ropes. Lots of new responsibilities, lots of new products. I am in charge of the electronics lab for this company, and they do things a lot different than anywhere I have ever worked, and I've never been in a position where I'm responsible for so much. It's been a rough learning curve! I've been working 10 hour days alot, and by the time I get home, I spend some time outside and then just crash!! Weekends have been busy, because I have everything to catch up on at home that I missed doing during the week, and I'm still trying to get out to at least a couple of dog shows a month so my pup doesn't get out of practice. I know I've been missing out on all the fun and games you guys have been having!! It looks like you all are just having a blast!!

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I will host Miss August, Deb (momcat).."waving hand"

• momcat
    15 years ago

Thank you Linda! I am so excited!!

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

It is VERY exciting when it's your month...."looking over stuff for Deb's box so far"...."G"

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

I had so much fun when it was my month! Everyone sent such nice packages! I'm already working on my August box!

Hugs,
    Deb

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Good morning ladies!,
    I just got Karas box and in it was....

A bar of castile soap
    sea holly and globe thistle seeds
    a post it note pad
    20 glad bulbs
    sally hansen nail polish, a pretty color
    a lavender yankee votive
    a citrus and ginger candle

Thank you kara for a nice box
    Lisa

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kara, very nice box for Lisa.....
    That leaves Sonja to send her box! Oh Sonja, where ever you are, pop in to say hello!

Great Linda, thanks for taking August!

Must run...have a great day!

Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Three more days in your special month Lisa and then on to Deb...Miss August.

Has anyone heard from Sonja (happyseed)??????

Annie