Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wynative

OBF - August Dollar Days

wynative
15 years ago

{{gwi:1285908}}

Welcome to the August Swap! The heat of summer is upon us & school is just a few weeks away. We will be sending garden related items from Dollar Stores, Garage Sales and other Discount businesses. These can include plants, seeds, tools or what ever you think your partner will enjoy. But it must include at least 2 different kinds of bulbs/tubers/roots, 2 packages of seeds and 3 other items of interest.

{{gwi:1285909}}

We have all seen some great things in these places and if your like me, you will have a stash of them! What ever items you decide for you partner, please put them in a container/pot/basket, of your choice and post a picture when it arrives, with a list of gifts.

Please sign up by Aug. 10th and send your packages out by Aug. 18th. Every Monday morning (4,11,18,& 25), I will be posting a game for you to play and have a chance at winning fabulous prizes - these will include but not limited to Iris, Daylilys, Asiatic Lilys and Seeds.

Let have fun!

Marie

Comments (117)

• veeja11
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

remy what a pretty new family member, must have ausie or husky blood. Marie your box is on its way conf # 03080730000067924397 hope you like it how do I get my lil paws on some of those easter egg plant seeds ? Rhonda and Jay are completing two trades so I will need a big sis for them soon. voulunteers please. Beth didn't have any luck finding my bumper sticker so if anyone sees one that says protect your right to arm bears. I'll pay good bucks for it. hugs carol

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone! Charlie has been so good. I'm glad we got him.
    Kathy,
    We are keeping him, not fostering. I'm not sure I could foster. I would want to keep all the animals.

Marie,
    Good luck with the lasik. I'm sure you are excited to be able to see without glasses especially when you get up in the morning. It sounds so weird to me having to go out of town to get something like that done. I'm not sure I could live that far from everything like you do.
    I'm glad you are getting much needed rain!

Melissa,
    Your reminding me of when I was telling my father that people pay good money for things that grow like weeds for him at his place, lol. He just couldn't believe it. It really is all about location I guess.

Carol,
    I've never seen a protect your right to arm bears sticker, but I will keep a look out. I did see one on a car recently that said Practice Random Acts of Gardening!
    Remy

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Big Sis~ There are many websites that you can go to & design your own bumper sticker. You can get them in any size, shape, color...even magnetic, if you prefer that! They don't cost much (between $2-5 each) and they are really good quality. I've gotten bunches of them that way.
    Just do a google or ask.com search on "custom bumper stickers" and it will bring up a lot of different websites for you.

Here's one website I used recently, they had a pretty good price & some cute design templates.

Here is a link that might be useful: Make Stickers

• skohler
    15 years ago

Hi Ladies
    sorry about being MIA But I have trully been very busy with my flowerbeds , helpping a friend with her garage sale . No time for trades right now But Hope you all Have a great time. got the hick-ups so i have got to get off here :)

chat soon
    susie

• mellen
    15 years ago

Marie, I'm going to take a shot at the answers to your questions. Here goes:
    1b, 2c, 3b, 4d, 5b, 6c, 7b, 8a, 9b, 10d, 11b, 12b, 13b, 14b, 15b
    I know they are not all correct, but I had fun looking these up tonight!

Remy-I have fallen in love with your dog. What do you know about him?

Carol-got your check awhile back. Will cash it soon. Thanks!!! Cute puppies, too.

We continue to get timely rains. Didn't have to water once this season. That is a first! Would love to share if I could.

Bunny-I admire you for homeschooling your kids. How are you feeling, btw?

School starts Monday for me with the kids on Wednesday. Excited to see the kids but not all the paperwork.
    Mary Ellen/Mellen

• wynative
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, I will try this again. I am having a hard time getting my post to work... Big long post 2 different times and nothing :(

Mellen,
    Congratulations! you are the winner of the June Bug DL and I will check you list for seeds to send.

answers:
    1.b 2.c 3.b 4.d 5.b 6.a 7.b 8.a 9.b10.d 11.b 12.c 13.b 14.a 15.b

Melissa,
    I love Sumac's and they do well here. With our winters it is hard to find fast growing shade trees and these are pretty also. I also buy and plant Lantana every year :) A lady from CA saw them in my flower beds and freaked - but they are annuals here and so pretty.

Remy,
    I have always lived in small towns and it is FUN having to go somewhere to have things done or go shopping! When I was younger, having a doctors' appointment was about the only one on one time I got to spend with my parents - 16 siblings make it hard to get attention :) My daughter and I always make our trips into something special - but now that she is a teen they are getting kind of pricey!!

Carol,
    Thanks for letting me know.

FYI:
    {{gwi:1285922}}
    To make one pound of honey, bees must tap 2 million flowers. WOW!! Give's new meaning to 'Busy as a Bee'!

Marie

• wynative
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Gardening is medicine that does not need a prescription ... and with no limit on dosage.
    - Author unknown

Since I will be gone for a few days, I am posting 2 questions. The winner's/winner (how ever answers correctly, first) will recieve 'No Name' Iris - call them what ever you want LOL
    {{gwi:1285924}}
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Week #3
    America's oldest seed company is...

A. Burpee

B. Ferry-Morse

C. Park Seed

and

My middle name begins with an 'E', what is it?
    Carol,
    I recieved my box today - Thank you for all the wonderful things! Carol sent me LOTS of plant markers' - these are great, no maybe I wont loose so many names :) She also sent me many kinds of seeds, a kitchen sprout starter kit, several garden style nic-nac's, a nail kit & all different kinds of polish. These are very much welcomed! My daughter was complaining that my polishes were old and that we needed new ones LOL

Gail - your box will go out this afernoon - but... 2 of the Iris don't have names on them. I forgot to write them in and the list is at home. I will email them to you Friday when I get back but if I forget to, PLEASE remind me!

Have a great week ladies and I will be back on Friday,
    Marie

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    My box came! I got a great box from Melissa! In it was:
    Box of Bloom Booster Miracle Grow
    Bulb Trowel
    Twisty long Christmas Ornaments-Melissa, that is a great idea to use them outside!
    50 Jiffy Pellets- Thank You!
    Cherry scented Deodorizer
    Healing Garden Organics Wild Honey Lotion
    Burt's Bees Lip Balm
    Honey Pure Spring Green Apple Lip Gloss- Did you know I am addicted to lip gloss?
    Sudoku puzzles
    A Lady Bug Mosaic votive holder from Home Interiors- it is a good sized table piece, not a little holder
    Plus the following plants!
    Pink Asiatic Lilies
    Pineapple Swirl Daylily
    Betsy Boo Iris
    Cherry Garden Iris

Thanks So Much Melissa! It was a wonderful bargain box : )

Gary's Dental Surgery went well this morning. His face is a bit swollen, but he is ok.

Mellen,
    Congrats!
    Charlie came from Ohio. The owner of him supposedly gave him up because he bowled over his two year old grandkid. If this is true, the owner was an idiot. Charlie is a sweet dog and wouldn't hurt a fly on purpose, but you don't let a rambunctious puppy loose around little kids. I know Charlie was in 2 foster homes here. I'm not sure why he went to the foster homes instead of the shelter unless his experience in an Ohio shelter first was bad. The first home here didn't do a good job of controlling him. The second home did. He is a wonderful dog who loves to play. That is why he is doing well here. Sammie needs to play as much as him.

Marie,
    16! Wow! That is a lot. One of my best friends came from a family of 13, so I can understand about time with the parents alone.
    Talk to you all later,
    Remy

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Remy, Charlie is so cute and I'm glad he got such a good home. Happy for Sammie, too! We have a half-starved hunting breed type of dog that turned up on our property while we were gone for this past weekend. He is leary of people and won't let us get our hands on him, but he comes out to sniff and and wag his tail when my dog is out there. Yes, I am giving him some food and water. I guess if I can manage to touch him and get a leash on him after a few days I can make some further decisions at that point. (I try not to feed animals who just "show up" and then maybe they will go home, but this dog has settled into a pinestraw nest in our woods and he is not going anywhere.) We had a cat that claimed us like that maybe 5-6 years ago. We told him he didn't live here, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. The worst part was that the cat we had at that time was scared of the stray cat and the two of them never did get along.
    Whoever asked about watching the Olympics, I love to watch it! I love both the summer and the winter Olympics. Wish they had them every year!
    Hope everyone's garden is doing okay. Mine is doing a bit better now that it is not quite so hot and we are getting some rain from time to time. No rain lately so I need to go out to water - so bye for now.
    Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I'm glad everything arrived in good shape, Remy! I will be very honest & tell you that I didn't spend over $2 for any thing in the box! Well, except the daylily...LOL... :O) But that doesn't count...
    I love a bargain, and have a closet stashed full of stuff that I can't resist. I'm horrible that way...!
    I hope you enjoyed everything, though. I thought the lady bug would be cute out in the garden...but I'm sure it'll look good inside, too. :O)

I have been super busy this past weekend. I've been making & canning preserves & jam - blueberry, cinnamon grape, apple cinnamon, lemon apple, plain grape - and today I've made loaves of banana nut bread & chocolate chip banana nut bread. Whew, I'm bushed. But it's worth it. We won't have to buy jam again for about a year! LOL
    Well, that is...IF hubby would quit taking it to work! He swiped an ENTIRE jar of cinnamon grape this morning! I am hoping he makes it last all week. *sigh* Good thing that feller doesn't have to worry about his weight! LOL

Oh, and I suppose he was giving out taste-tests to all the guys, and now I've got several that want to buy jars of it! Can you imagine? :O) Hmmmm....maybe that will finance my next bargain shopping spree! LOL!

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Hello Everyone!

Bunny, Wow you have been busy! Nice to see that you home school the kids, I've always said if I had to do it over again, and if it was at all possible I would home school.

Remy, love your new dog, his eyes are very soothing.

Marie, How is the lasix going?

Mary Ellen, I bet you kids will be glad to see you. :O)

Oh my, Dh just brought in a box from Susie, Susie, what have I done to deserve a box from you? Please do let me know when you are ready for me to mail you some goodies. I will check this evening to see if you are online.

Carol, cute puppies.

I've been busy, BIL was diagnosed with Throat cancer, they removed his tonsils last Friday. He spirits are good, and he's doing really well having them removed. Sis is also in the hospital, checking out her heart, but everything so far has been good, and have given her lasix for the fluid buildup.

I think I've been a jinx to myself. The last month, camera broke, microwave broke, Dh got poison ivy, and blower fan on the furnace broke so the central air does not work, and both BIL, and Sister are sick. I keep saying enough already.

Just wanted to say hi, and sounds like everyone is having fun. I love the Olympics, I wish I could watch more of it.

OK, Time to get outside, Susie, be sure to give me a yell when you are ready for a box.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

I sent Carol's box off yesterday DC#03071790000069080107
    Hope it get's there tomorrow!

Sue G.

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Anita, I want you to know I'm thinking about you and sorry you have lost loved ones.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    Been very busy here! I took my grandmother out for her birthday yesterday. I've got my sis-in-law and the boys coming today. I've also got a GWer coming over! I met her one the Daylily Forum. She is coming to see my garden and get a daylily.

Anita,
    I don't know what Annie is talking about, but it obviously isn't good : ( I'm sorry and hope you are holding up ok.

Annie,
    I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law and sis. It does seem bad luck runs in clusters like that.

Melissa,
    I canned salsa 2 days ago. That is pretty early for me to have so many tomatoes ripe at once. I had so many great varieties too, but I can't eat them all fresh, lol. Well it will make the salsa extra tasty. My blackberries are just starting to get ripe, but I have lots so I should be able to make lots of jam.
    I was thinking of the table outside for the ladybug. The old dragonfly candle holder has seen better days. The lady bug should hold up better to the elements and still look good once the weather does take its toll, don't you think? : )

Marie,
    I want to give someone else a shot at winning.(I'm surprised more people aren't around taking a guess even if not inthe swap this month.)I think the correct answer is not on your list. The oldest(still in existence) was from the 1700's and I believe all the ones you have listed are from the 1800's.

Susie,
    Hope you're not over working yourself with those flower beds!

Sue G.,
    I have most of your box packed(all the non-plant items.) It is has just been crazy busy here. If I can't get it out today because of the company, I'll send it at the beginning of next week.
    Remy

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Jeanne!
    I realized I forgot you! You sound like my dad with taking in the strays. He has a family of cats that have adopted him. They don't come inside, but they live in his yard and come to him when he comes home and when he whistles. Most of them like to be petted. He feeds them cat food and dinner scraps so they have it pretty good for strays. A couple years ago. He got the SPCA to fix them all for free. They do that down there in the Keys, so his little family has not expanded since.
    I hope the dog gets to trust you after a bit.
    Remy

• missg
    15 years ago

Hi Deb, I mailed your package off yesterday.
    The DC# is 0308 0660 0000 4569 6263. I hope you enjoy
    Gale

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Hi All,

Anita & Annie, My prayers are with you and your families.

Jeanne, Best of luck with new new adoptee. You have a wonderful heart.

Remy & Carol, Congrats on the new family members! Everyone is getting new pets! Is their something in the stars this month?

Looks like Dollar Days are going well. Our house is still torn up and in the midst of this kitchen remodel. Progress is VERY slow. But I am home today...school is out due to Fay and no soccer practice, football practice, or ANYTHING! Thank you Fay just be nice to us. The eye is supposed to cross right over us tonight. We will, most likely, lose power for a few days. We always do. My biggest concern is flooding. Every year I say I'm going to get flood insurance but I never do :(

Theresa

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Well, the day after I posted about the stray dog, he was gone. I can only guess that he was too weak to try to find his home before that. I just hope that if he found his home, that was not the place that caused him to be in that starved condition!
    I would not have kept him permanently regardless of whether he was here or not. I was going to try to get him to a rescue group and perhaps offer to get him to a normal weight so someone might be interested in adopting him. I do sort of miss him though... and it figures that he was gone right after I bought some extra food so we could continue to feed him. LOL
    Anyway, a few plants followed me home yesterday. Right now lots of our plant places have things from 25-75% off. I think they have decided they do not want to deal with them over the fall and winter months. I only bought three though... yes, there are lots still in pots from when I winter sowed so I don't want to add too many more at this point. Before we know it, it will be time to winter sow again!
    Jeanne

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Theresa, thanks for prayers. Sis is out of the hospital, and doing fine. BIL will start treatment next week I hope you storm is not too bad for you. Did you get your prize package I sent. I guess I forgot all about it.

Remy, thank you too for your well wishes also, again I think your new baby is just gorgeous.

Jeanne, Bless your heart helping with the dog, and I hate when people abuse their animals. I know If I ever win the lottery I would open a no-kill shelter. We have 12 cat because of strays, and we just can't take any more in right now. My vet does love me though, and I know I own at least a couple of chairs in his waiting room. LOL.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Susie, e-mailed me, and said she would be on when things slow up a bit for her, as she is busy, busy, busy! Also she has dial-up and at times it takes way too long to load. She is fine, just one tired lady.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• veeja11
    15 years ago

I received a great box from sue g today. a cacti garden, with a cacti a yucca and a living stone. a garden tote, pk of seed starter pots, windchime, watering can and jobe plant spikes. thankyou Sue I love it all. I just found out I am being arrested sept 18th for having a big heart, being taken to jail by firemen. have a web site to get donations for my bail. If you wanna help the lil ones and get me outta jail just visit my jail web site. I wanna know who turned me in, I have a few people I suspect. I'm ready for a new swap. whats next?I will be happy to take a little bail for md instead of a box. hugs soon to be jailbird carol

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Hi,
    I'm behind on reading the thread, sorry. I'll have more time tomorrow to catch up. I hope everyone's doing ok!

My package for Melissa went out today, USPS priority #0307 0020 0003 4317 3489. The kids went back to school on Wednesday! ;) Wow, this summer went by soooo fast!

Deb

• wynative
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good morning all,

Sounds like some very nice packages are arriving :)

Remy,
    glad to hear that your Gary is on the mend & 12 of the 17 are adopted :) Between my freshman and senior year there were 5 of us girls all with in a year of age from each other! When it came to prom and school shopping, the parents got to the point they just handing over the credit cards and praying alot! LOL

Jeanne,
    When I came to work this morning I found a fish in a tank with all the accessary's!! I can understand a dog walking away from home but a FISH??? Nobody know's where it came from or is admitting to it... But it is a very pretty Beta and my daughter will love it. That is the problem with people finding out that I love all critters & I can never say no. Good luck with you 'new' friend :)

Melissa,
    ~I've been making & canning preserves & jam~
    Yummy!!! My Mom use to make Chokecherry jelly and syrup - I miss that alot!

As per Remy's information: I cheated and found that question in a google search ;) What is the name of the one from 1700's? that is cool they are still around.

My lasic's went GREAT!! As soon as they turned my chair away from the machine I turned my head, to look out the window and saw the mountains!! Wow, it is really awsome being able to see things the minute I open my eyes and not have to squint or find my glasses :)!! Since I was by myself, they made me wait about 1 1/2 hours before I went to my motel but I had no problems driving/seeing. I took a nap and then when shopping to celebrate. As of Wednesday morning I have 20/20 vision and it will get better after the swelling goes down. Life is good...

Marie

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Yay, Marie! That's great news! I'm happy to hear it went well for you. I'll bet it was like Christmas morning for you, wasn't it?! :O)
    I've been wanting lasik for years, but can't afford it. And with so many kiddos...and at least a few of them needing glasses, I think it'll be a LONG time before I could even *think* of getting it done.
    So it's always nice to hear when someone else does!

Maybe we should send a tin cup & nail file to Ms Jailbird Carol?! :O) Sounds like they *finally* caught up with you!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Melissa

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Annie, so sorry I forgot to mention it. Yes, I did get your wonderful daylilies. They arrived very healthy looking. And Fay watered them in VERY well.

I have never seen so much rain in a two day span! But despite very soggy ground, we were lucky. The water never reached the house. A neighbor of ours was not so lucky. And the 8 inches we received in our town doesn't compare to the 30+ received in nearby areas. We lost power for a day and night which is not too bad compared to previous storms we've endured.

Marie, glad the surgery went well. It is a scary thing to have done but so worthwhile.

Theresa

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Marie!

Now that is truly weird that a fish in a fish tank showed up as a stray! LOL
    Have a wonderful day.

And those who are trying to recover or have someone in the family who is ill, sure will be wishing everyone well soon.

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

I'm hoping no one minds me jumping in here with a plug about October. I will be hosting the October Swap and it's
    The Secret Haunted Garden.

Many plant places have plants on sale now (at least here near us) and bulbs will be in the stores soon. Think ahead to the October Swap. Of course, I will post all these specifics again, but begin to look for plants in Halloween colors - Ghostly White, Batty Black, or Phantom Pumpkin-Orange, or plants with names related to Halloween. You will have the option to add some other types of fall/harevest items, such as mini-pumpkins or gourds, jelly, jams, preserves, pumpkin bread, etc. Seeds, plants, bulbs - a cute garden decoration or Halloween decoration. Scout around and give yourself plenty to time to find things for your October Swap partner.
    I hope lots of our members will join in. October is actually a very good time to plant for those of us in the south.
    Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Marie!color>size>
    {{gwi:1285926}}

I hope you've had a great birthday so far, Marie!! :O)

I also want to say THANK YOU!color> to Debcolor>....I received a fantastic box from her today! I'll post the contents tomorrow, I'm short on time tonight. But it was wonderful & I wanted to say THANK YOU to her!

Melissa

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

glitter-graphics.com
    Hope you had a great day Marie!

I'm up next to host Sept's swap."For the Birds" is the theme so you know a bird feeder of some sort is needed at least. Will post more info within the next few days. I've had in-laws here for the last week,plus received really bad cold as a gift. Lucky me!
    later...April/dirt

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

SEPTEMBER-APRIL (dirt_under_my_nails)'FOR THE BIRDS'
    OCTOBER-JEANNE (sandlapper_rose)'THE SECRET HAUNTED GARDEN'
    NOVEMBER-MARY ELLEN (mellen)
    DECEMBER-

April and Jeanne-Looking forward to your swap months. It has got to be less busy in those month than in these past ones.

Marie-HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY IS EVERYTHING IT SHOULD BE......
    FUN, FUN, FUN. 16 siblings what fun your family get-togethers must be. You have done a wonderful job in this months swap. Nice boxes sent and received.

Theresa-I was sure hoping we would get some of that rain off the storm but guess not.

Melissa-I bet your jams and jellies are wonderful. There is nothing like homemade jelly. YUM

Marie-I had lasik eye surgery a few years ago and love it. The only problem now is my age is catching up and some days I have to wear readers. It is not every day just some days, very odd.

Anita-Sure hope you are doing well and we miss you and everyone when you don't post.

Shirley

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Marie,
    Happy Birthday! Wishing you the best!

Gale's box arrived today, Thank you Gale!
    Included in the box was seeds, garden planter tin set, plumeria plant, lion tail plant, gloves & garden bag, caladiums, Fan palm plant, mum booster, decorative canteen, mother of thousands plant, decorative birdhouse, jade leaves. I had no idea that you could put down jade leaves and they produce a plant. Hmm, must be like a violet, I'm curious to see what happens. Thanks Gail for the fantastic box, I LOVE everything you sent! I've been wanting a mother of thousands plant for a long time! This has been such a fun swap, Thank Marie for hosting it! You've done a wonderful job!

Hugs,
    Deb

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

Morning All! Could someone please send me the code for the Our Bloomin Frineds logo? Hope to have swap info up this afternoon.
    Thanks!
    April/dirt_under_my_nails

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I *finally* have time to post a proper THANK YOU to Deb!
    Here is what was in the great box she sent me:

A small garden tote
    TONS of seeds! (I noticed some "bunny tail grass" in there! Love it!!!!)
    Some miracle grow tablets
    Wooden plant markers
    Dahlia tuber
    Magnolia oil scented diffuser
    2 plant pots
    Package of Jiffy pots
    Iris- bearded, heirloom purple
    Note cards
    Cute windsock
    Kitty plant stake

I think that is everything...please forgive me if I've forgotten anything, Deb!
    I love it all!

Melissa

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    Boy have I been busy! Thursday was crazy as I posted before. Friday I worked. Yesterday, I went to a rock garden meeting an hour away at a gardener's house. It was very nice. The house was amazing inside, looked like something out of a decorator magazine! Then I drove out even further to go to a nursery. It was worth the trip. They were having a 1/2 price sale! So I of course came home with a bunch of plants. Then in the evening I went out with a good friend and her husband for their anniversary to eat and a jazz street festival kind of thing. Today I went to my friend's to go to a tomato event about an hour away. We got there and the event was canceled! It was ok though, we checked out the property's garden, and we stopped at a farmer's market. Plus we had out own tomato tasting at her house so it turned out well.

Marie,
    Happy Belated Birthday! It must be wonderful to celebrate that plus being able to see too.
    Amazing that your parents adopted so many kids and all around the same age. They were either saints or crazy, LOL. Gary is adopted too and so is one of his sisters and his brother was also.
    The seed company is Landreth. See the link below.

Theresa,
    Sorry to hear you are still having construction chaos! I've never seen anyone excited to have a hurricane coming their way, lol. I'm glad that Fay was good to you.

Jeanne,
    Only 3?! You really did control yourself, lol.
    I do hope the dog made its way home.

Annie,
    I'm glad your sis is home. Hopefully your BIL's treatments are easy on him, and they work.

Carol,
    Lol, you didn't post the web site.

Deb,
    Wow, the kids go back to school early where you live. College starts next week here and regular school doesn't start until after labor day.

Melissa,
    One of these days you''ll get the lasik done. Maybe once the kids are working, you can tell them that's what mom wants for a present. : )

Hi April,
    Nice to see you stop in! Birds as a theme is a good one.

Shirley,
    I take it you are still working too hard! I do hope it slows down a bit.
    Talk to you all later,
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Landreth Seed Co,

• skohler
    15 years ago

Hi Ladies well as annie said I have been very busy with many things around here & with slow dial up it is hard to wait for the forums to load when i have other things to get done . So hope all is haven much fun with your
    swaps .

Theresa : I hope you don't get flooded out .
    Remy :Very Cute Dog :
    ANnie Sorry I kepp missing you on line I can only get on after 6pm right now .

well i have to get off here u all have a fun month.
    susie

• missg
    15 years ago

Hi All, I was out of town for the week. I came home to a
    lovely box from Marie. I received 2 Isis that Marie will
    email me the names. I also have, Li lyes, Yellow, Purple,White. 4 bags of crystal soil, Chocolate Sunflower,
    Note Pad, Avon butterfly shade soaps, a number, of packages
    of seeds. Marie thank you I will enjoy.
    Gale

• veeja11
    15 years ago

resident tomato expert, Remy, how can I tell when a green zebra tomato is ripe ? and how is doggie doing ?
    this is my web site.
    https://www.joinmda.org/MyLockup/MyHomepage/tabid/20250/Default.aspx
    the pup is ashland, unusual color for a jack. he will probably be the first to get a home. I have a friend in arizona, who started a no kill shelter called valley dale animal haven. When I managed a humane society, I hid dogs from the board of directors so I could have a no kill shelter, when we quit they wanted to put all the dogs to sleep and start new, so I took 23 dogs with me, which was all of them, some were puppies. I found homes for all but one which we kept. It was a small city so a lot easier than a big one. Anita we miss you. Marie fish do not walk. maybe someone left it for your lunch. those poor betas, you always see them in little jars in the stores. Susie any new babies ?Bunny how is belly doing ?happy gardening friends
    hugs carol

• wynative
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks to all for the Birthday wishes, thoughts during my lasic's and the cute pictures! Things were super busy here yesterday and that is why I didn't get to post :( but it is now much calmer!

Remy - I have read the posts 2 times and am not finding a post from you about sending or Sue recieving her package. Let me know whats happening or did I just miss it?? I think when Mom & Dad realized that 5 teenage girls all the same age had invaded their home, there may have been a small break down! My parents were the best but I agree they had to be just a little crazy LOL My parents didn't drink but the day my youngest sister graduated high school in 1992 my Dad did go to the bar and have a beer to celibrate 'the last one!' My oldest sister graduated in 1972 the year the youngest was born, so it was understandable! THanks for the seed info - very interesting.

Melissa - your turn for Lasic's will come too! I had to wait for over 20 years but it is so worth it.

Carol - It makes me sad also to see the Beta's in those tiny little cups! 'Ruby' is in a 3 gallon wall mounted tank in my bathroom - that was the only thing I could think of so my cat's wouldn't have access to him :) My daughter bought him some really neat 'furniture' to hide behind and in - he seems to be quite happy :)

Shirley - I paid a little extra, so that as I age they will 'tweek' for no cost. It is stange that yours only need help part of the time...

Gail - glad you enjoyed your box! This swap has been fun for me - I may even attempt hosting again but not till next year :)

Mellen - your Daylily is going out this morning. I will post conformation when I get it.
    Everyone seems super busy right now, so there will not be a game for this week. I had a great time hosting and thank you all for playing & participating.

April - your 'FOR THE BIRDS' sounds like great fun! I need to start thinking about were to put up the bird feeders at my house. I notice a squirrel has moved into the tree's in the back pasture and that means I will have to keep a pretty close watch on the seed this year.

Marie

• veeja11
    15 years ago

sounds like a great home youve made for your runnaway fish, knew he'd have the best with you. when I see the sad walmart ones I'll think of ruby on his chaise lounge eating shrimp after a nice fresh water change. lucky fishy, I posted my jail site wrong it is
    https://www.joinmda.org/08ladyluckslockup/veeja3
    stop by and laugh at me or donate to my bail. one of my dh's college english teaches was the first to donate. I am not still friends with any of my teachers. he is. Thankyou for any help get. hugs carol

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Marie and Sue G.,
    I'm posting from work. My computer died last night. It was old and just gave out. I have to go by a new one after work.
    I sent Sue's box early this morning.
    DC#0308 0070 0002 0122 0571

Hopefully I find a computer and Gary gets is set up soon. But don't worry if you don't hear from me for a few days.
    Remy

• wynative
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Remy,

Bummer about your computer but thanks for letting us know. Hopefully you will be able to get another soon - have you checked out the surplus auctions? Most state agency's & colleges have them and I got a complete set up for an out of state friends birthday this summer, from our states warehouse for $20!! Everything is checked out by their IT guys, the keyboard & mouse were still in their new boxes : )

good luck!
    Marie

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I'm back up and running! Yea! Gary got everything installed and I think we are good to go. I'm so behind with trying to answer emails and party planning(my tomato party is next Saturday.)

Marie,
    I ended up spending a bit more than $20, but I needed to get one right away. I wish I could of scored a deal like that at an auction! But I'm happy with what I got though and hopefully it lasts a long time like the old one did.
    Remy

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Sue G.,
    Please tell me you got the box. USPS says it was delivered. Oh, I sure hope you didn't go anywhere this weekend.
    Remy

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Carol,
    So sorry I didn't answer your question before! I hope you figured it out. The background green will start to turn yellow and the tomato will give slightly to pressure.
    Remy

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

I'm here! Been so busy haven't had a chance to get online!

I got my HUGE box from Remy Friday!

She sent a BIG planter (really pretty), a magnetic photo maker, a Weman's bag (that's where she works), flavored ice tea bags, herbes de provance, a citronella bucket (so timely - we just got a batch of skeeters this week because of the recent rain - it's rained four times this summer - HaHa), jostaberry jam (she made from her own bush), and plants gerber daisy, rudbeckia, vinca, sedum, a succulent and a geranium.

Thanks Remy I loved everything!

Sue G.

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Sue G.,
    I'm so glad you did get it. I was having thoughts of melted plants inside the box because you went somewhere for the weekend, lol. : )
    Remy

• mellen
    15 years ago

Marie, A HUGE thank you for the daylily and red gaillardia seeds. I didn't realize that I had won one of your contests so it was a wonderful surprise. It was in our mailbox on Friday as we were heading out to drive to MO for the week-end. So it made the trip to MO and back. lol

Remy, happy to hear that you got another computer. Nothing more frustrating than "equipment" that doesn't work. When I just read that you had sent Sue a HUGE box, my first thought was that you sent HER a new trellis. HA!

Greetings to everyone else!!!
    Mary Ellen

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Mellen,
    Trellis, LOL! Still wanting that thing are you? : )
    Hope school is going well. I start getting my classes in a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to it.
    Remy

• nyvoices99
    15 years ago

Remy,
    I am soooo sorry for taking so long with your June box, it is on it's way to you, I hope you like what I sent you. Life has just been crap for the last 2 months, I do so hope it gets better.

Be back when I have more time, Have a great day all..:)Anita

• wynative
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mellen,
    Glad you enjoyed your 'surprize' Hehehe I thought that I had emailed you but probably not... My mind was on my fishing trip and I didn't do alot of things I thought I did LOL

Good to hear that everyone liked this swap and recieved such great boxes.

Thanks for letting me host : )
    Marie