Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: Incredible Edibles: August Root Veggie Group Swap

Posted by sunnyk Z6 SW Coastal CT (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 9, 10 at 12:55

I hope everyone is surviving the nasty weather we have all been experiencing lately!!

I am a bit late posting...but Welcome to our Root Veggie Group Swap.

I will be taking sign ups until the 16th of this month. At that time I will e-mail my address to all of those who have signed up :)
Please then have your seeds in the mail no later than the 28th of July. And I will get your seeds back out in the mail by the 16th of August...and maybe a bit earlier if things work to my advantage :).

Okay...now for the details.

This is of course a Root vegetable swap. So anything you grow for root consumption will work. Beets, Carrots, Radishes, Parsnips, Turnips, Horseradish...to name a few.

Please put your Gardenweb name on your seed packets along with whether they are hand collected , from a trade or commercial.

Please no seed older than 2008.

Please no more than 3 packages of any variety, and a maximum of 30 packages per person.
Send your seeds in a Bubble Envy, along with a return mailing label, and enough postage for the seeds to make their return trip.In other words , whatever it costs you to send it out is how much to include for me to send it back.

Also include a list of what you sent in. Also include a wishlist, and a list of what you don't want to get back.

I will repost all of this when I update, because it seems like a lot to remember. :-D

This is going to be a ton of fun!!

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Incredible Edibles: August Root Veggie Group Swap

Hurray! I'm glad you posted Donna. I'm root vegetable impaired. So I'm going to sit this one out, but I'll still be lurking & chiming in.

o

yummmmm! just closing on my first house. garden beds are going in first to have time to settle for fall planting. roots sounds great!

o

Hmmm ... thinking about joining. I can't grow beets, because of the leaf miners, and my family doesn't eat turnips, or rhutabagas, but I grow lots of carrots, radishes, and parsnips ...

Bonnie

o

• Posted by sunnyk Z6 SW Coastal CT (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 13, 10 at 22:23

We aren't a big root loving family ...but the past two years I have been doing Carrots, radishes and beets.Usually in pots. So I know how You feel Bonnie!! But I still hope you decide to join.

And welcome to the swap Spoonietreasure, and congrats on the new Home and Garden!!

o

• Posted by sunnyk Z6 SW Coastal CT (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 20:37

I gave it an extra 3 days, but due to lack of interest this swap has been canceled.

Spoonie I sent you an email stating the same, just in case you don't see this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here