15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

That was fun! Thanks for the tour!

It looks lovely, Mary!
    Karen

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Oh, Mary! Your yard is beautiful and so organized. Where are the weeds?! Looks wonderful! Melinda

• dirtpig
    15 years ago

Oh that was lovely.Thank you so much for shareing with
    us :)

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Mary_s- Thank you so much for sharing your special tour with us. Everything looks beautiful and I love all your hostas.

Shirley

• cheerpeople
    15 years ago

I parked some pics over at the garden photography forum.

cheerpeople/karen

• mareas
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here are 3 of my keeper photos from today ~

{{gwi:1286708}}

{{gwi:1286710}}

the color we are painting the dump truck, perhaps Chicago Apache with my frog & Magnificent Rainbow...

• budsnblooms
    15 years ago

Here's a couple of pictures from my yard (garden if you prefer), that I thought you would enjoy.

The first one is Oceans 11. Petit-'05-24"-4.5"-M-Re-Sev-Tet

The second photo is a little red squirrell that lives in our trees and is not afraid of us or apparently our cat and dog. Neither of which seems to pay much attention to it either.

Debbie/budsnblooms

• budsnblooms
    15 years ago

A few more of my favorite blooms this summer, I'll start with the A's:

ABSOLUTE TREASURE

{{gwi:1286713}}

ASHEVILLE CITY LIGHTS

{{gwi:1286714}}

ASIAN ARTISTRY

{{gwi:1286715}}

More pictures later. Grandbaby due in 2-3 weeks. I'll post pictures (grin).

Debbie

• budsnblooms
    15 years ago

More photos of daylilies

Ben Lee

Beyond 2000

Big Kiss

Bursting Bubble

• mareas
    Original Author
    15 years ago

CONTEST TIME!
    This is the fabulous pink seedling that Sharon gave me blooming today.
    I call it Sharon, but what else would YOU name it?

{{gwi:1286726}}

~marea

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Please, please rename it!!!!!! Don't let her call it
    'Sharon' anymore!!!

My choice is 'Pink Primer'

I'm loving all the pictures!
    sharon

• mamabirrd
    15 years ago

What beautiful pictures! I haven't been here in so long.

Lovely DL's......and squirrels, and frogs! And Mary S & Karen.....just beautiful!

I love the color for the dump truck Marea! Be sure to let us see it when you are all done.

I have the pictures of the beautiful quilts to post, but my Kodak program is "stuck". Grrrr! I finally get a free second and everything is working against me. I'm sorry......i'll get them on as soon as I can figure out the problem.

Marea, i've got just the name.......

'Pukana La Sharon'

: ) I think it's perfect. But I like 'Pink Primer' too.

I'll be back with pics!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mareas
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dawn, I used the royal "we" - my DH is the airbrush artist, not me.
    Here is a view of the color of the finished truck against the sky, trying to show you all the rainbow sparkles in the color:

{{gwi:1286728}}

~m'

• cheerpeople
    15 years ago

Kristen says "Ruffle Lady"
    I say 'Sadie Lady'

or maybe this will fit on the plant tag
    'Supercalifragilistic-expiealidocious'

hehehe!

Left my Camera charger in Seattle, dang it. Had a nice reunion with my family tho- and oh the Enzian motel in Leavenworth is ALL that!
    Saw the 'Sound of Music' performed in an outdoor theater surrounded by mountains.

.. and a grocery where they sell squid as big around as my upper arm. Yikes!- I'll just have a burger... ;-0

Karen

..and a small fry...

..apple dippers....

{{gwi:1286730}}

yes, I took this way cool pic

• cheerpeople
    15 years ago

Kristen says "Ruffle Lady"
    I say 'Sadie Lady'

or maybe this will fit on the plant tag
    'Supercalifragilistic-expiealidocious'

hehehe!

Left my Camera charger in Seattle, dang it. Had a nice reunion with my family tho- and oh the Enzian motel in Leavenworth is ALL that!
    Saw the 'Sound of Music' performed in an outdoor theater surrounded by mountains.

.. and a grocery where they sell squid as big around as my upper arm. Yikes!- I'll just have a burger... ;-0

Karen

..and a small fry...

..apple dippers....

{{gwi:1286730}}

tropicanna
    {{gwi:1286733}}
    lilium henryi
    {{gwi:60787}}
    blue sapphire oat grass

• budsnblooms
    15 years ago

This is a picture of Mt. Cook A "Dawning" Iris that Shirley sent me last year. This photo was taken during my DIL and son's reception that was held here at the farm. Our bulls were very interested in the "goings on".

{{gwi:1286735}}

Here's a better shot of the Iris:

{{gwi:1286738}}

And a couple of my favorite "C" daylilies.

Cherokee Vision

Cherry Valentine

• mareas
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Gorgeous C's there, Debbie!

Here is Playing With Sharks ~ and other dangerous animals...

marea

• budsnblooms
    15 years ago

Here's a few pictures of Baby Gunner. These were taken just following his birth.

Vital Statistics:
    Weight: 8 lbs 9 oz.
    Length: 20 1/2 inches
    Noticable family traits...large, slanted, almond eyes and big feet and hands.

Son John, DIL Audra and Gunner within a couple of minutes of birth.

More photo's later.

Debbie

• budsnblooms
    15 years ago

Let me know when you've seen enough baby pic's or I'll just keep posting more. I've had a couple of people tell me that love for your grandchildren can be even greater than that for your child. What's your thoughts on this?

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hi Girls, just popped in to look around. Your flowers are beautiful!

And Debbie, your GB is just Adorable! Yes, I've heard that about the love of your GB's! I don't know yet, mine son is only 3yrs old.

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Awwwwe Deb, baby Gunner is adorable! I'm so excited for you! I sure hope you live close to them. You'll want lots of Grandma time in *he he*!

I stand by my statement, lol. Julie is my only biological child and I love her with all my heart but McKenzie owns my heart, its just that simple. I don't have the words to express it, maybe someone else will, but when I saw that sweet little angel born it was the most awesome experience of my life and I thank Julie for it:)

Listen, I've worried everyone to death with pics of Kenzie, but no one minds, friends are always happy for friends and girl I'm so proud for you that you'll be telling us very soon the answer to your own question:))

You love him and keep us updated with pics please, babies are a blessing and I always want to see them.

Sassy

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

I love the pics of all the flowers! Beautiful. The daylily from Sharon is beautiful. Looks like a Summer Blush! Bright cheerful summer day!
    And Deb, what a beautiful grandson! I am partial to my grandbabies for sure! They have a special place in your heart that is different than your children. You don't know how much you can love them until you have them!
    melinda

• pchanggeo
    15 years ago

Baby pictures.... love 'em. Congratulations Debbie.

My daughter started high school... sigh.

All photos are great!

Karen, what camera do you use? Those close-up's are stunning.

Thanks,
    Paul

• mamabirrd
    15 years ago

Here's the thread!

Oh Debbie, he's cute as a button! Congratulations to you and your family. Keep posting....i'd love to see more!

Marea, what a gorgeous shot w/ the busy bee! Buzzzzz! And the finished truck.....oh WOW! That is bad to the bone! I'd be proud to be behind the wheel.

Karen, amazing photography! I'm curious about your camera too.

Debbie, that cow pic is so cute! And that Iris is divine! Need to add that one to my want list.

Here is a long overdue shot of my love.....

That was taken about a month ago.

Here is one from last week.......he LOVES to spend time over at the new place. Pipes are his new, favorite thing.
    Posing with the PVC......

I hear my baby rustling.....I better go back and snuggle. I have more pictures to post....be back soon!

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• jaceysgranny
    15 years ago

Debbie, Baby Gunner is adorable. May I get a quick hugger?

Marie, the daylilies are gorgeous! The truck is fabulous! I love the sparkle it has. Your DH did a wonderful job.

Dawn, I can't believe Dalton has gotten so big and he's just a little cutie.

Mary, I'd love to have beautiful gardens such as yours. I haven't been able to work in mine at all this year but it's struggling along among the weeds.

Better go to bed now so nighty-night.

Nancy

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Debbie, A Beautiful Grandbaby! Gunner must be a delight to the whole family.

Dawn, TJ is just the sweetest ... I love that he loves pipes LOL.

Just a few pics from our Washington State Vacation in August.

We spent 2 days at Ocean Shores, it never got up to 60 degrees. We found a ton of sand dollars on the shore, we kept only the dead ones. Meg and Rob had to ride the horses on the beach.
    {{gwi:1286762}}
    Shot with FinePix 3800 at 2008-08-29

Next we stopped at the Hoh Rain Forest. Yes, a real rainforest. It was like being in National Geographic. Sorry, no good pictures of that.

The next 3 pictures are at the Pacific Ocean section of the Olympic National Park. Really a sight to see.
    {{gwi:1286765}}

Rob, John, Meg in the background
    {{gwi:1286768}}

This is called 'The Hole in the Wall'. We walked through the hole. They tell you to make sure you are back through the hole before the tide comes in .... well, we timed it wrong and you can guess. We got caught on the wrong side of the 'Hole'. But luckily, there is a STEEP path up a hill to get past this point. We huffed and puffed and made it to the other side.
    {{gwi:1286769}}

One of the places we went to was the Hot Springs in the Olympic Nat. Park. We 'cheaped' out and went to the ones that don't cost money. Don't ever go, yes, they are hot, but they are only about 2 ft deep and mucky and rocky on the bottom. Not worth the effort.
    {{gwi:1286771}}

Have any of you heard of the 'Twilight Series' of Books ... if not, well, they are big with the teens. The books are based in Forks,WA, which we unknowingly stayed. It is supposed to have the most overcast days in the 48 states. Well, it lived up to this description. We stayed here 3 nights/4 days, not one peek of sunshine!!! Meg, just had to pose at the high school sign.
    {{gwi:1286773}}

We took a Ferry over the Puget Sound to Seattle. I knew you would want to see a picture of me. So here it is, I'm with my son and my nephew.
    {{gwi:1286775}}

We went to another nephew's wedding in Seattle on the water. It rained of course, so they had to have the wedding in the resturant. It was beautiful all the same, you could see the water through the windows.

Also, on our last day we went to Mt. Rainier, but the clouds were so low, we couldn't see anything ... really!
    We had a great time though.
    sharon

• budsnblooms
    15 years ago

Sharon, I love the Twilight Series too. Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. I listen to audio books whild I putter around the house and in the yard. I've got Stephenie Meyer's other two audiobooks also...The Host and Breaking Dawn. These are vampire books but they're more romance than anything else. My favorite genre is horror. I have lots of audiobooks if anyone would like to trade with me.

Sharon you have a handsome family. I'm so glad you got to go to such a fantastic place. I can't imagine 60 degree weather...It is hot, humid, and in the 90's here.

Dawn...so glad to see the pictures of Talon. He gets more gorgeous everytime I see a picture of him.

Thank all of you for sharing my joy in my grandson. I will be gone next week babysitting. I will bring back lots of pictures to post.

In the meantime...a few of my favorite D daylilies:

Big Hugs to all,
    Debbie
    Dominic

Double Bourbon

Doubly Delicious Dandy

Dream Catcher

• cheerpeople
    15 years ago

I love the pics.

Nice pics of flowers!
    Dawn, Can hardly believe how big he's getting!

Sharon, What a lovely, friendly smile. I was born in Seattle and I never saw the sights you shared. Gorgeous- Thx so much!

Paul and all. I use a
    Powershot SD 450 elph. I want something very very small and simple. The battery is rechargable and lasts a long while.

smiles-

Karen

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Gunner is a real cutie, Talon is a handsome young man. boy has he grown. here is an innocent puppy with one of my flowers

a few minutes later
    not even the tags are safe
    nice pics of my state, where is the one of you at my house ?one puppy sold 8 to go. hope I have flowers left when they are gone, happy gardening
    hugs carol

• mareas
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL Carol! Hope you have a flower or a tag left, too! Was hard enough ID'ing your plants the 2nd time!

Fabulous Washington photos, Sharon! What a grand vacation & you all looks so happy! Thanks for letting us go too.

Spending Labor Day collecting daylily seeds & doing chores. I've gotten to spend lots of quality time with Oregon friends lately & now have to catch up at home & online... I DO get to go checkout a local daylily hybridizer's nursery & pick up my new Bella Sera seedling, a LA win from "Tragar", so taking care of business here even though I having visons of sugar plums dancing in my head LOL!

Praying for the Gulf Coast, too...

Here's Collector's Choice reblooming here today:
    {{gwi:1286797}}

Hope you all are having a great weekend ~m'

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Ohhh, Marea, that first daylily is gorgeous!!!
    I have just a couple I wanted to post this year:

Clump of Linda Daniels - too purple in the picture, it is more of a salmon color.

Shot with FinePix 3800 at 2008-09-03

My Tall Blue eyed seedling ... again. I love this one!

Shot at 2008-09-03

A new seedling that bloomed this year ... not too exciting, but had an interesting combo of colors, not really apparent in the picture .... of course. It is peachy pink with a small gold edge and a bluish eye. I crossed it with one of the blue daylilies, since it has a slightly blue eye.

Shot with FinePix 3800 at 2008-09-03

sharon

• mamabeargloria2007
    15 years ago

WOW
    WHAT GREAT PHOTOS
    CONGRATS DEBBIE... SO SWEET!
    NO NO NO THAT CAN NOT BE MAMABIRDS BABY... CAN NOT BE... HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

NEW CONTEST..
    I HAVE THE PERFECT NAME
    READY
    LETS CALL IT
    'i want one"
    SMILES..

I ALSO WANT ONE OF DEBBIES COWS WITH THE MATCHING IRIS... HOW FUN DEBBIE!

THERE IS A LADY WHO EMAILED ME 15 TIMES TODAY.. SHE HAS OFFERED TO SEND ME A PLANT SO I AM GOING TO REFER HER HERE...SHE WOULD BE A BLAST AND ROLL THIS SITE OVER 15 TIMES A DAY... GRIN... HER NAME IS JAN... I THINK, OH Lord, HELP... SHE DOES NOT KNOW I AM DRIFTY YET SO YOU ALL BE NICE TO ME FOR HER SAKE... SMILES

OK SOMEONE SENT ME A BLUEBERRY CUTTING... WHO DID... IT PUT OUT THE BEST BKUEBERRIES I HAVE EVER EVER TASTED EVER! EVERRRRRRRRRR

I HAVE 4 GRANDCHILDREN NOW AND PHOTOS,,, WELL, ILL HAVE TO TALK TO MAREA FIRST.. SMILES

LOVE THE GARDEN TOUR... LOVED IT.. LOVED THE HOSTA DISPLAYS..

HEY, I THOUGHT SHARON WAS BLOND????

HUGS TO ALL

IF I WIN THE CONTEST CAN I HAVE AN IRIS INSTEAD... I KNIW WHAT I WANT... ITS A RED ONE,,, SMILES MAREA!

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

I love everyone's pics, and yes, I love you bunches Marea.

Congrats on all the new babies, toddlers, and little-yard-apes/rug rats. Yes, any baby/toddler over three is either a yard ape/rug-rat.:O) :O)

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• dirtpig
    15 years ago

Morning all.

Wow has Talon grown,and cute as ever..hehe
    Bet he's having fun helping Dad with the house.

Gunner is a button.what a cutie :)Grats Debbie
    The cow piture made me laugh..hehe..thank you:)
    Iris is awesome too.

Love the vaction pictures.Looks like fun.

And WOW the daylilies.You all are knocking my socks off...heheh.Marea the last two dayliles are gorgeous!

Carol your puppies look like they're having fun..hehe
    What cuties.

Juming up and down,Waving to Mamabear...big HUGS

Just wanted to share some fun with you all.
    I've been trying to grow this darn plant for 3 to 4 years now.No luck what so ever!!!But low and behold it grow this year and Flowered too.Not only that I got 3 plants to grow this year.hehehe It rained so hard last week it broke the first bloom off before I could even get a picture :(.
    Thank goodness it has lots of buds.My golden datura.I'm loving it:)

This one is just a picture my son and I took when playing with the setting on the camera.Its a primerose,but my its lovely.

{{gwi:1286682}}{{gwi:1286682}}

This is the bed I've been working on.Most of the plants just
    needed to be moved.Ya know you plant them and they look just fine with lots of room to grow.Then in a year or two you have to push other plants out of the way to find the one your looking for.hehe Some just needed to get out of the maple roots,sigh.Hopeing they do much better over here.
    {{gwi:1286682}}

a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v458/Dirtpig/?action=view¤t=Newflowerbed94082.jpg" target="_blank">

{{gwi:1286682}}

Oh and yes thats a bottle tree laying down there..I need to put a pipe down first then put the tree in that.Have to wait for the ground to dry alittle first thou.

Well off to work,keep playing in the dirt.No matter what your mama told you,its good for you :) in so many ways!!

Oh oh before I forget Sparkling Blush.Thats my name for the daylily

• dirtpig
    15 years ago

Ok someone tell my why some of my post is in blue and under line.What the heck did I do???

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Jean-Can't help you but it looks nice...I thought you were getting computer savy on us. LOL Your Golden Datura is lovely...Wow definetely worth waiting for.

Sharon-Your tall blue eyed seedling is gorgeous. You hit the jack pot on that one.

Marea-Love daylily Playing with Sharks

Shirley

• budsnblooms
    15 years ago

More Gunner pictures...He's 2 weeks old now. You guys were right..It took only seconds to fall totally in love with him.

Hugs to all,
    Debbie/budsnblooms

• ellenh
    15 years ago

Debbie - Grunner is adorable!

Jean - it's blue and underline because it thinks it's a link. Links are automatically blue & underlined.

Carol - the puppies are adoroable!

Sharon, that vacation looks so inviting. Next time I'll need to go too! ;)

Marea - what's the purple daylily??? I neeed to have that one!

Dawn oh my gosh - what a cutie!!!

Here's some pics of my DD on her first day of first grade. I'm pretty happy that I was able to show how beautiful she is.

Here's a pic of the creek running through my property although this is not a spot on my property, it's downstream a bit.

DH found an antique seller with an old sign for my creek. I just HAD to have it. How often do you find that? The real mystery is whether the name of the creek is Wickechoeke or Wickecheoke. State documents show the 2nd way and any old signs seem to point to the first way. Since my farm is named Wickechoeke Creek Farm I really need to figure out a way to do this.

{{gwi:1286815}}

Finally.. here is the newest addition to our farm. I named her Petunia. She is adorable and has to be bottlefed. Gosh I wish she could be house trained. I love having her around.

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

First of all ... I'm coming to live with you Ellen!! I need to change my name to 'toofewanimals'!!!
    Oh, and your daughter is absolutely gorgeous!!! That super blond hair is what everyone else tries to get from a bottle ... and that cutie comes by it naturally.

The Creek sign is something special.

Debbie, what can I say ... Gunner just keeps getting cuter ... didn't think it was possible!

Jean, the golden datura is beautiful! Thanks for the picture.

Gloria - Do I SOUND BLOND in my Emails? And what happened ... did you use spell check? LOL
    sharon

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Hello everyone! Hope your evening is a good one!
    Deb your grandson is adorable! It's amazing how much you love them!
    I too want to go live with Ellen and be by the cute little animals!
    I love everyone's pics! I hope to get another camera eventually and share pics some day! But until then will enjoy everyone else's and be green with envy!
    Did you ever name the daylily? Sharon's Sunshine is pretty name for it. Looks like beautiful sunshine with the yellow in the pink.
    Keep the pics coming. Melinda

• budsnblooms
    15 years ago

This is a picture of the teriffic swap box I got from Shirley today. Everything is listed individually on our other thread if you want to check it out.

Thanks Shirley...you are fantastic.

Debbie

{{gwi:1286818}}

• pchanggeo
    15 years ago

Couple of shots this morning. This plumeria is called Abigail.

{{gwi:1286819}}

Here's Canna Cleopatra in all her splendor. I thought this was a dwarf, but mine's 5 feet tall...

{{gwi:1286820}}
    I'll need to divide this one, so anyone want some?

• mareas
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Gorgeous tropicals, Paul! Cleopatra is one of the few cannas that flourished here even though it froze solid for a week last Winter. I also have Black Jack (purple leaved selection of Australia, tall) and Sugar & Spice (green leaved dwarf Harris CV) if you'd like those? I really like your cut stone wall, too. I'd LOVE to see more of your garden...

"Strengthen the things that remain.." as that old Dylan song says. I have many of my favorite photos on photobucket, so no need to feel sorry for me anymore!

Remember when we all bought those great dollar daylilies from Rainbow Hill Farm? I got 'Fruit Loops' & I SURE am glad I did! Here's a photo of it this Summer, along with my beloved red violet 'Abba' ~

{{gwi:1286821}}

{{gwi:1286822}}

• mareas
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's my Glacier Bay seedling blooming today.

Munson x Stamile.
    I just love having daylilies in the middle of Sept. This one is 3 yrs old & has been consistent so it's a keeper.
    Fox Grape was blooming today, too. Small very red grape purple fox eared cutie ~ I love it too, but didn't have time for a photo.
    marea

• cheerpeople
    15 years ago

I so love all the interesting pics here. We are a diverse bunch!

I found an interesting garden site you might already have heard of. I don't care for the politics of a couple of the gals but the blogs are pretty good overall and the links send me in interesting directions. I'm thinking this is a good find especially when it's too cold to garden this winter.
    It's called gardenrant.com

I'm thinking it might be better to start pics albums in picasa. Is it any easier or better in your opinion than photobucket? I'm also pondering about using the gmail acct more as the pics and all never have to be downsized or email deleted. That might prove handy if the pics don't get burned on a disk before a computer crash.... BTW I did a burn of my whole photo storage after Maria's deal.

Smiles from me to you!

Well here's the blooms for Sept so far.

Karen/cheerpeople

Here is a link that might be useful: sept blooms here in zone 5

• cheerpeople
    15 years ago

This is good for a laugh.

I got some fancy alocasia from FL this spring to see if they could grow faster than Walmart's Odora. Ready SET--GO!

Now the center odora was a bit bigger to start with so it wasn't quite even steven- but look close far left
    calidora- which grew the fastest of these 3 babies

up front and hardly visible Borneo-Mac-not sure if leaf size changed all summer

and by my shoe Borneo Giant, (well apparently only in his own mind!)

ok- well that was my experiment. You can go to the album (link) to see the starting sizes if you want. We are at the end of the season. Last year we had a light frost a week from now. So this is the result of the size race here in zone 5. Maybe if I give them all a few more years and if they survive our very long winters...in the basement....

As far as if it was better North side or south side
    or potted vs in the ground- you can decide.

Karen/cheerpeople

Here is a link that might be useful: the alocasia experiment- finish to start

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Karen-Love your photo albums...nice job. What are the plants called flapjacks I love it? Every year I grew hyacinth bean vines but lost my last seeds that I harvested. I had the purple and the white. I have several different kinds of croscomia but not the Fire King. How tall does it get? Several of us from Daves Garden ordered some in a co-op from England but we got caught and lost our money. We knew it was iffy but sure did want some of those varities. The member who got the co-op up got a visit from customs authorities.

Shirley

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!