Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjc48

July MNF Fresh and Cool - Part 2!

sjc48
11 years ago

Here we are! Just in case you were looking!

Update on the swap, Please let me know if I missed anyone!

Vina and Aqua are sending to each other;

Alana sent to Katie - it's been delivered;

Alana received from Katie;

Dan and Jen are sending to each other;

Margo and Melody are sending to each other;

Annie is sending to Don;

Annie received from Don;

Keyla received from Me;

Keyla is sending to Cryptid;

Cryptid is sending to Shirley.

I hope I got that all right!

Have a great day!

Shirley!

Comments (74)

• aquadragonfly
    11 years ago

Very nice Alana! You take such great pics!
    My Clitorea vine is about 3 inches tall now! (seeds from you) I am so excited! It is the only one that lived out of the seeds I started, I was so worried it wouldn't make it but it is looking very happy.

It is another hot hot day here again, I was so hoping we'd get some rain but nothing for the last couple of days. I have so many yard projects started, none are even close to getting done because most of them are in the sun, which is just too hot to be in.
    When we moved here we had a couple of BIG trees around the house they gave some ok shade, BUT the one tree only had about a quarter of the trunk there the rest of it was gone.
    I mean really gone, it only had just a side of the trunk, the whole inside was gone. We were afraid it would fall on the house so we cut it down, the other one on the other side of the house is pretty hollow too although the whole trunk is there it is full of ants. The tree itself was bushier when we moved in but it has fallen apart since we have lived here, it is no where near the size it was.
    This is the side of the house I planted my hostas on so now they are pretty much getting roasted in the sun, I am making a spot for them under the only tree left in the yard. We have wiregrass/buffalo grass really terrible here so I am having to actually dig it out before I plant anything anywhere else.
    I made the mistake of NOT digging it out in the first beds we put in so I am also working on that now as well, it is a mess. BUT I hope when I am done it will all be worth the work I am now putting in, I have visions of my hosta staying big beautiful and happy in the new bed....yeap, visions of dancing hosta in my head!
    Ok, maybe it is just the heat and I am really hallucinating.......

Happy Gardening all,
    :) Aqua

• nottougly
    11 years ago

Hi,
    No problem for getting overlooked. We knew we were out there.
    Yes Ellis and I have been in touch with each other.
    I will be mailing mine out by Monday.
    Faye!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Faye, thanks for letting me know! Sorry to bug you both so much, but I get a little anxious! Okay, maybe more than a little anxious!

Alana, tried looking that one up too, I think I need Katie to weigh in on this! Is it a swallowtail of some sort? Couldn't find one that looked exactly like that! You are really getting a nice selection of cats! Tabitha and I found a Black Swallowtail cat on the Rue last night, she was thrilled, so was I!

Aqua, it might be the heat, but eventually your dreams for your gardens will come true!

Later, All!
    Shirley!

• aquadragonfly
    11 years ago

OMGOODNESS VINA!!! I am so thrilled with my swap end! YOU REALLY DID NOT HAVE TO DO THIS! I would have been so happy with the seeds you sent me, all I can say is thank you. I am beyond happy with this and now I feel ever so guilty because I feel like I sent you a crappy package!

Vina sent me: a box, yes a BOX and she included:
    A wonderful card (pretty! see it in the pic?)
    Fresh seed from her garden:
    Columbine Zeprechaun (ty)
    Columbine McKana's Giant Mix (very wanted)
    (THANK YOU!!!)
    Other seeds I was looking for from 2011 again out of her garden!
    Rudbeckia Indian Summer
    Daisy 'Crazy' woohooo!
    Daisy 'Snowdrift'
    Hibiscus Rose Mallow
    Yarrow 'Terra Cotta'
    Yarrow 'Pink Grapefruit'
    (Thank you for both wanted Terra Cotta for a while!)
    Henbane (commercial pack looks like) never have grown this

A Cookbook: Yankee's Main Dish Church Supper Cookbook thank you, already found some recipes I will be making!

She said she likes to eat Jolly Rancher Hard Candy as a cool treat while she is in the garden and she included a bag in my box! Thank you, Vina. (I never buy these for myself)

My favorite thing in the WHOLE BOX (besides the seeds!!!!)
    ZEBRA IRIS PLANT, OMG, VINA! Thank you so very much, I had one a while ago and no matter what I did to it, it just was not happy and did not live!!!

This was a super, fantastic, excellent surprise and I love it all. I am so happy I had to post a pic of the contents!

I can't thank you enough for sending it, and you really didn't have to do all this even though I am glad you did. I really would have been so pleased with the seeds. I really do love the iris though, very unexpected indeed!

Thank you again VINA!!!

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

That's a Monarch cat Shirley; I thought they had passed me up somehow so I was glad to see them.
    Happy Weekend!!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I've NEVER seen a Monarch cat; but there is still so much I don't know about Butterflies! Thanks for sharing the picture, glad they didn't pass you by, Alana!

Well, my travel plans for the next few days have been re-arranged. Not a big deal, but I'll be offline until Monday or Tuesday. I'm "pretty sure" you all can finish this swap without me - just keep posting when you send and when you receive! I'll be back in touch as soon as I can be!

We've been getting rain since about 3, thank goodness!
    I'll talk to ya all soon!
    Shirley!

• smitties
    11 years ago

My package went out today but I was unable to get DC because they had no stickers in the lobby. The label that would have printed out should I have opted for it would have covered the mailing address. I didn't want to wait any longer so I took the chance and mailed it. It is difficult for me to get to the post office around my work schedule because there is generally a very long wait. If there is any problem, I will be happy to remail another package.

Melody, it should be there by mid week. Let me know when it arrives. Margo

• elliesfun
    11 years ago

Feye your envelope went out this afternoon. the DC # is 0311 3260 0002 1775 0518 I forgot to ask when it will get there....the line was so so long. Have a great weekend everyone. Been hot again today but they are calling for thunderstorms again.

Ellie

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Hey all! Hope everyone is having a terrific Sunday! :)

Aqua, so glad it arrived. I saw on your GW page that you like variegated foliage. :) And since none of my seeds were variegated I wanted to give you something you might like. Super bonus is you like the seeds too. So happy :)

And on a another great note, my package arrived from you. Aqua sent me a great package. No, not crappy, lol! A beautiful card, a recipe for a very yummy fresh and cool summer salad. And seeds:
    Knuutia: Thunder and Lightening (never even seen this before and googling it, realize I NEED to have it, lol!)
    Heuchera: Pewter Veil
    Lambs Ear
    Rose Salvia: New Dimension
    a bag of tea bags and a recipe for sweet tea :), very nice. And a lovely 3 page letter!

THANK YOU AQUA THIS WAS A WONDERFUL PACKAGE!

And I see the other packages are a flyin. Can't wait to see everyone elses fresh and cool :)

Went on a safari trip with the kids the last couple of days. We had such a terrific time! Feeding giraffes, we actually ate our lunch next to them :), camels, zebras, horseback riding...the kids had such a great time. I'm bushed! But, today is my stay home day...nothing but gardening in mind. Can't wait!

Has anyone been watching the Olympics? Caught some last night! I must admit I'm a closet Olympic watcher. I love all the competitions, especially the ones they don't televise on the popular channels. Judo, weightlifting (is crazy), archery...LOVE it all! :)

Have a super day everyone!!
    vina

PS. THANKS AGAIN AQUA!!!!

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

I went out today to look around the gardens, and WOW, it's amazing what can happen in a week of sunshine and rain! I snacked on a couple of cherry tomatoes while looking at all the toms that are growing out there, found more onions to pull, my roses are getting ready to show off yet another round of blooms, my coneflowers are going absolutely nuts, the honeysuckle is blooming and growing everywhere, and there are morning glories blooming throughout the yard. I love those kind of walks, don't you? My yellow yarrow was about to set seed, so I trimmed it back and hit it with a good dose of roundup. I was hoping it was the cranberry colored yarrow, but no, just the yellow kind. Rather than pull it up and miss about half the roots, I hit it with roundup and will be moving more coneflowers into that spot in a couple of weeks. While I was out there I found even more seeds to send to Jen, so I'm giving them a few hours to dry a bit more and will be adding them to her package.
    It's been a good day.
    Dan

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Afternoon!

Dan, I believe I'm going to follow in your footsteps and Roundup the heck out of some mint. :) It will be the last of what has been years of a beginners mistake, lol!

I looked up the schedule and I have August. I'll be posting in a couple of days. I already have an idea, teehee :)

vina

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

Dan!! You hit the yellow yarrow with Round Up! Of all the Yarrows in the world I can't get the yellow varieties to persist. I've tried 3 different ones and a year or two is all I get while the pinks and lavenders won't go away.
    I think I have Yarrow Envy. (:

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

Alana, I wish I had known that, I could've sent you more than enough to get a decent clump growing in your yard. If any survives the roundup, it's yours.

I got my package out to Jen today, but forgot to get the dc#. Go figure, eh? I'm not worried though, my brothers in arms will get it to her.

Here's hoping you all have a good day! There should be a bunch of packages arriving this week for us all, and it'll be fun to see what everyone sent/received.

g'nite!
    Dan

• dem_pa
    11 years ago

I received my swap from Annie(Canyonwind) today. When I opened the envelope, it smelled wonderful. She sent me a card with this information in it. She comes in from the garden and has a drink. Crystal Light Iced Tea and good old water take care of her while she is in the garden. After working in the garden she goes into the pool and does some laps. Also she loves to take her German Shepherds who garden with her all day, for a walk in the canyon or around the lake in the evening.

She sent me the recipe for Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. She sent the vanilla beans to me. That is what smells so heavenly. She also sent me Crystal Light drink mixes enough to make 3 gallons. Thank you.

In the package were the following seeds: Carbon tomato,"Orange King" calendula, Contender buff Valentine Beans, Ayocote Negro black runner bean, "Matina" tomato, Lavatera white, Sweet pea "Flora Norten". I will use them all. Thanks again for a great swap. Thanks also to our hostess.

Don

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

Dan, that would be great but Round Up is pretty lethal. Just tell me what the yellow ones need that others don't, if you know, and I will try again, lol.

• jlee160
    11 years ago

Dan, I will be sending your package on Thursday:)

• aquadragonfly
    11 years ago

Vina you are just too kind. I really do hope you liked it, I like the knautia, I thought it was pretty when I found it at the store! I saw it before anything else LOL.

Dan what did that poor yellow yarrow ever do to you for you to want to Round-Up it?

I wish I could get rid of this stupid purslane that keeps coming up all over the flower bed I am trying to get fixed, it was in the mulch we got and now I think it is here to stay forever! It is also in a garden spot were we hauled a load of mulch to use for later and it just keeps popping up.

Saw a recipe for organic weed killer, but it would be potent an I am afraid NOTHING would grow after that, it had 1/2 gallon of apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup of salt to a 1/2 gallon you add 1/2 tsp of dawn and mix it all together and put in a spray bottle.
    I THINK THAT would stop anything else from growing there too..not only the vinegar but the added salt?
    Anyone else think that would be the case with this too? Maybe the idea is to only spray the plant and try not to get it on the ground around it? I guess if you had a good enough spray bottle that is like spot on it would work?

Any suggestions for killing the purslane without using round-up would be helpful, I really don't like using chemicals if I can help it. I have been pulling it out but every time I turn around it is back with a vengeance, it is out to get me I tell you.

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

Alana, when I made my perennial mound, I mixed topsoil, peat, and cow manure. I didn't use anything pricey, just the basic stuff in the $1 bags. Other than that, I pretty much ignore my perennials. They're in the middle of the yard which gets sun almost all day long, and I'll water them if there hasn't been any rain in a week, but that's all I do. As for the yarrow, I was hoping they were the red/pink ones, but I didn't know because everything has been moved around so much and I don't know what is what anymore...lol! Good luck with yours.

Aqua, that yellow yarrow wasn't the right color, and it's in the way. I've got more coneflowers which need to be moved onto my perennial mound, so it's got to go. I know, I know, it should've been moved, but there's really nowhere in the yard to put it. I'm trying to downsize my flower beds and didn't want to create another one. With my work schedule, I'm not getting enough time to really take care of the beds I have now like they deserve.

Happy Trails!
    Dan

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Aqua,

I am curious about the apple cider recipe for killing weeds! Interesting!!

Off to water....

Annie

• aquadragonfly
    11 years ago

Annie, I have been thinking about it too. I might mix some up and try it. I am thinking it is meant to only be applied directly on the weed itself and not applied to the ground area around it so you'd have to be pretty careful with the over spray. I know it would work vinegar will kill by itself and so will salt so the combination of the two WOULD be lethal to anything it is getting applied to.
    MY concern with it is the fact that I KNOW it will be deadly to whatever gets the application of it but how it gets applied would be the issue. I would think it would need to be dripping like other weed killers and that is the problem I have using it somewhere I want something else to grow at.
    I do have some poison ivy that needs to die I am going to use it on that, if it kills that it will kill anything then I can check the area to see if the whole area becomes useless then I will know NOT to use it somewhere I want something to grow.

Dan, I was joking about the yarrow. I hate using round-up on plants though. Tough weeds I can't hand pull or dig out maybe but not on a poor little flower :( (I KNOW yarrow can go everywhere, I have had it to do it too :D)

Ok VINA, when you going post the next swap??? HMMMM??? I am curious as to what you have up your sleeve ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: Weed Killer Spray Recipe From Your Kitchen

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Everyone! Sounds like some great packages flying around out there!

I'm still not home, expect to be there Thursday, will post an update then! From what I can see, we are pretty much done!

Shirley!

• cryptid
    11 years ago

Okaaayy,...aaaaat last. Here I am. - Received Keyla's fun package four days ago. Yeah, I know,...so much for scoring brownie points. --sigh-- Sorry it took me this stupidly long to finally post. My only real excuse is some of my wife's semi-long-lost relatives (on her father's side) blew into town for a birthday party and then zippin' around everywhere, and our autistic son was fiddling around with a door lock pin in our car till the top broke off and for days has been in freakin' meltdown mode over the stupid thing (including today, but only semi meltdown, thankfully). Bottom line is when we're home at night, lately, all I want to do is calm down our 28-yr-old son and hopefully catch some z's. I mean DANG, up till now, for quite a while, Roy's actually been surprisingly well behaved (for him). - Huge apologies, Keyla and everyone else!

Right, now for the important stuff,...a.k.a. the happy contents of Keyla's fun package! :)

First, the card:

A creation of Samuel Horton (American, 1865-1936) - "The Artist's Son and His Nurse in the English Garden, 1898 - oil on canvas, 35 x 42 inches" - Colby College Museum of Art. - How perfect!! :)

As for the rest of Keyla's package contents:

- A wonderful package of coffee/tea themed recipe cards (instantly snatched by Elly, with a smug little smile on her face, going "He-he-he...mine!").

- A kewl cool sounding recipe for "Lavender Lemonade"!

- Seeds (lots):

Pumpkin - Heirloom, "Connecticut Field"
    Stevia - Funny thing,...when I was putting together
    Shirley's package, I went to Bi-Mart to see
    if I could scope-out some cool, non Commonus-
    ordinarius herbal selections and, as it
    happened, there were a couple packets of Stevia
    seeds. So, I snagged the suckers for her.
    Wanted some for myself as well, but really, I
    actually have more fun sending to others. Y'all
    know what I mean. :) And then,...Ta daaa!
    What do I receive from Keyla but Stevia
    seeds!! You have no idea how pleased I was
    to receive these!! "BIG OL'
    THANKS!!"

Cucumber - Heirloom, "Straight Eight"
    Tomato - Heirloom, "Yellow Pear", "Green Grape",
    "Explosive Ember", "Isis Candy Cherry"

Radish - Heirloom, "French Breakfast"
    Corn - Heirloom, "Sweet corn - Golden Cross Bantam"
    Pepper - Heirloom, "Sweet - Chinese Giant"
    Lavender - English (gee, guess what this will be used
    for?! ;))

Thanks so very, very much, Keyla!! And again, I'm sooooo sorry it's taken me this long! This has been a great swap that my wife and I have enjoyed tons!

• smitties
    11 years ago

Oooh Cryptid, sounds like you will be harvesting a salad next year. Nice package. Sorry to hear Roy is giving you a hard time but curiosity seems to suit him. It also sounds like Ellie is doing well.

I am hoping Melody has her package by now.

The heat is on again and my willingness to get outside is wavering. I have been running lately so that takes a lot of my energy. I have joined a 5k run the will be held in two weeks. I am up to a mile now but need to get to the three mile mark by then. I know I won't run the whole thing but need to know I have the stamina to walk/run it and finish it. I forgot the part where I am a 55 year old out of shape and a bit overweight mom when I signed up. LOL

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Hey all!
    Just posted August :)

• smitties
    11 years ago

I am on my way to check it out.

• dem_pa
    11 years ago

Margo you are still young at 55. lol.

Don

• nottougly
    11 years ago

Hello everyone,
    I received my package from Melodie on Monday.
    After working 12 hours daily it is hard to stay awake
    to do anything.
    Thank you so much Melodie I loved all of it.
    She sent me Lavateraaaaa, Cobaea, Striped Marvel Marigold,
    (these look fabulous) Pansy, and Coleus. I love them all.
    she also sent a cute card with a bird in a cage and a recipe for Cantaloupe Ice.
    Thank you so much. I love it.
    Faye!

• smitties
    11 years ago

Faye, I believe your package was from Ellie. Melody is sending to me. Of course, you explanation of 12 hour work days would explain that too. LOL

Margo

• nottougly
    11 years ago

Hi all,
    The 12 hour swing shifts are getting to me.
    I realized this morning when getting ready for work
    I used the wrong name.
    Yes it was from Ellie not Melody. I apologize to everyone for that blunder. I sent Ellie an email apologizing to her also.
    Off to work for another 12 hours.
    Everyone have a great day.
    Faye!

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

Faye, stuff like that happens to me all the time, and I don't work 12 hours a day. Does that mean I have no excuse? I guess so, darn it, must be that I'm beginning to have senior moments, as my dear old aunt used to call them. ***sigh*** Well, like they say, the nice thing about alzheimers is I'll be able to meet new friends every day! (Now, where did I put my keyboard???)

Have a Happy Day Everyone!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey All! Home again!

It's so quiet here.

Here's an update on the swap:
    Vina and Aqua - both rec'd
    Alana and Katie - both rec'd
    Annie and Don - both rec'd
    Keyla, Cryptid and I have all rec'd.
    Faye has rec'd from Ellie and was going to send to Ellie on Monday.
    Dan sent to Jen; Jen was going to send to Dan on Thursday.
    Margo has sent to Melody; Melody is sending to Margo.

Only 3 more packages to go!

Gotta go unpack and pet the cats!
    Talk to ya all tomorrow!
    Shirley!

PS - Faye and Dan, you all need a 18 month old child to chase around! I haven't had time for a senior moment for about a week now!

PSS - Vina, thanks for posting the pic of the Partridge Pea, I know you posted it on one of these swaps! That plant is beautiful!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just checking in!

Got lots of work done in the gardens today. My sneezeweed is starting to bloom! So is the Crepe Myrtle; I'm pleased, I thought it died!

Have a good weekend!
    Shirley!

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

Hey all, just letting you know my package to Margo is in the mail. Very sorry for being late! I emailed her the confirmation #.

Also, I received Margo's wonderful package:

-- A card featuring a picture of a sparkly, tasty-looking piece of lemon meringue pie!
    -- 2 different cucumber salad recipes; both look simple, super easy, and very tasty. Reminds me a little bit of Japanese Tsukemono. Can't wait to try! [PS, Margo you should call it "Cool As A Cucumber Salad"]
    -- A really neat item called a "Cool Scarf" -- basically, you soak it in some water, and then wrap it around your head or neck to help you cool off. It contains these micro-beads that, once hydrated, will stay cool for a very long time. Reusable! And easily packed in my purse. Margo, this is a gem of a find, thank you so much for this!
    ~ Seeds:
    Snapdragon "Cherry Sprite"
    Blue Flax
    Blanket Flower "Fanfare"
    Blackberry Lily
    "Mrs. Bradshaw" (Geum?)
    Purple Cup and Saucer
    Penstemon "Cambridge"
    Sweet Vanilla Butterfly Shrub
    Blanket Flower "Oranges and Lemons"
    Morning Glory "Chocolate Rose Silk"
    Sunflower mixed colors
    Sunflower "Key Lime Pie"
    Rudbeckia "Cappachino"
    Pink Thrift
    Gaillardia "Yellow Queen"
    Painted Daisy

Really wonderful, generous selection of seeds. Some of these I have been hoping to find, and thank you so very much for them! Others are a pleasant surprise, I'm looking forward to trying these guys out.

Margo, let me know when your package arrives. I hope you like it!

~ Melody

• nottougly
    11 years ago

I mailed Ellie's box out this morning, priority mail.
    Sorry for being late.
    Faye!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good to hear the packages are on their way and/or received! Thanks for posting!

Faye, you aren't the only one who is late - I just mailed the prizes for the game out today! Vina, Alana and Don, I am so sorry. I packed them up and set them aside and totally forgot about mailing them - SORRY!!

Annie, as soon as I get back from this next excursion, I'll be in touch about mailing your plant out!

We are getting a thunderstorm!! How great is that!!?
    Talk to ya all tomorrow!
    Shirley!

• jlee160
    11 years ago

Hi! Jsut wanted to thank Dan for the package he sent me. Sorry I am late posting, it seems everyone is deanding more and more of my time. Thanks for the seeds. Dan sent cosmos, black eyed susans white allium.purple allium, elephant garlic, yellow clasping coneflower. His favorite thing to do to keep cool is to sit in front of 2 fans with the a/c going with margaritas or sweet t. Thanks Dan. Your Package is packed and stamped and is going out tomorrow.... sorry for the delay.

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Jen, for posting!

I'm going to be out and away for a few days; please continue to post here when you receive your packages!
    We should be able to wrap this swap up by the end of the week.
    Have a great week, everybody!
    Shirley!

• smitties
    11 years ago

Hello all, a fat envelope was waiting for me when we got back today from a much needed camping trip over the weekend. What a great time we had. We took our 18 year old son and 20 year old daughter along with their boyfriend and girlfriend. Both kids are heading off to college. Our daughter in a week and a half and our son, a week after that. Our son is going off for the first time and is the last of five to leave the nest. No kids around for the first time in 30 years. Weird.

My package had several packages of seeds which I look forward to putting in my garden next year.
    Love in a mist
    salvia, "Forest Fire"
    nasturtium, Apricot Swirl
    scabiosa, reddish black
    poppy, "Danish Flag"
    Lemon Verbena
    Sunflower "Elves Blend"

She also included dried hibiscus and a recipe for hibiscus mint tea which I am looking forward to trying.

Melody also included an assortment of Ghiardelli chocolates that sure helped me get through the evening. :0

Melody loves the image of a lemon tree and it really makes her think of summer when there is always a jog of lemonade in her fridge. She also uses lemon in her baking and cooking.

I also received a wonderful three page letter about her gardens and how she feels about gardening which I enjoyed very much.

Melody, thank you very much for such a wonderful summery and refreshing package.

I received some news from my 23 year old daughter, the one who married in June, that after several months of issues with bloating and other problems, they have finally found she has a ovarian cyst. She will have a further test on Tuesday to find out what will be done about it. Please put her in your prayers. It has been a really rough ride before this finding but I am worried about what might happen. Thank you.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Margo

• aquadragonfly
    11 years ago

Margo think good thoughts an be positive! I will keep your daughter in my thoughts and prayers.

Shirley have fun on your away trip!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Margo, I'm keeping you and your daughter in my prayers, hang in there.
    Shirley!

• jlee160
    11 years ago

Dan, your package is in flight

• dem_pa
    11 years ago

I received my third place prize today. A monthly reminder booklet and a pack of nigella seeds. Thanks so much.

Don

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

thanks for letting me know, I'll be looking for it.

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

I received my prize, too. Zinnia seeds (love Zinnias) and notepads.
    Thanks a bunch!
    Alana

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

I received Jen's package today, but haven't opened it yet. It's already turned into one of "those" weeks, and after last week I didn't need another one. I'll post again when I do open it, but it may be a few days. I wanted to let you know it was here though...
    Dan

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

I just rec'd my prize in the mail :D
    SHIRLEY!! Thank you so much for the Sweet Pea seeds and the adorable notepads.

I just love them!!
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
    vina

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

Hey there, it's me again. I came home from work this morning, which gives me a few unexpected hours to myself. And that's a good thing. Sooo, let me tell you all what Jen sent me in the way of seeds...
    large yellow columbine
    allium "aflutanese"
    iberis "tahoe"
    bombast poppy
    yarrow "saucy seduction"
    columbine "clemantine rose"
    jacob's ladder
    flower-of-an-hour (never heard of this one, did I get that right?)

Jen, those columbines will look great in the garden! I had a large dark purple volunteer columbine in it this year, and I'm hoping it reseeded itself. I haven't had any for a couple of years, and really do like how they look! You sent the perfect yarrow. I'm getting rid of the yellow yarrow in my yard and have been wanting some of the purple/rose colored yarrow, cool! As for the others, I'm looking forward to being surprised by them next year. Thank You Very Much!

Oh, almost forgot! To beat the heat, Jen likes ice slushies and fruit smoothies!

Have a good weekend everyone!
    Dan

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good Morning!
    Got back last night, had a great trip, we got 17 lighthouses and 3 range lights! Whoo Hooo! I got some great pics of the Mackinac Bridge at night, yeah, I know, but the Bridge was amazing, especially at night!

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all we need is for Ellie to report in that she got her package from Faye and we can close the July MNF swap! Hope to hear from her soon!

We got rain, looks like lots of rain - YEA!!
    Talk to ya all later!
    Shirley!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

BIG OOOPS!!
    Ellie has received from Faye - Sorry!!
    Somehow, I missed that!

In any event, we can mark this swap as CLOSED!
    Many thanks to everyone who helped make our summers "Fresh and Cool"!!

Have a great weekend, everybody!
    Shirley!

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Shirley,

Thanks again for a some fresh and cool fun!!

Happy weekend!!

Annie