Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

UPDATE: No Limit Plant Swap #2

ncgardengirl
14 years ago

The items sent in can be BULBS, RHIZOMES, CORM'S, SEEDLINGS at least 4-6 inches tall and NOT LEGGY ones and MUST BE 4-6 INCH TALL PLANT AT LEAST!

GUIDE LINES TO FOLLOW:

1. First thing SIGN UP

2. HAVE FUN, all swaps are meant to be fun!

3. The plants you include must be at least 4-6 inches tall and NOT LEGGY STARTS! They must be something you would see at a nursery or plant dealer! BULBS, RHIZOMES, CORM'S, SEEDLINGS at least 4-6 inches tall (and NOT LEGGY ones) are all welcomed.

4. The will be no limit on the number of plants you can send in for this type of plant swap

5. Post the plants you plan on sending in, you may make request from the plant listed up to the total number of plants you will have available.

6. Please send in a limit of 10 on any one variety! No more then 10 copies from one person will be allowed anything else will be considered EXTRAS and used as such! If you have different types of Daylilies you may send up to 10 Little Grapette, 10 Little Business, 10 Strawberry Candy but only 10 of one variety or color.

7. .YOU MUST MAIL IN A LIST OF THE PLANTS YOU SEND IN AND

8. YOU MUST TAG ALL PLANTS SENT IN. SO I CAN IDENTIFY THEM. Also PLEASE include your GW ID on the plants mailed in so people can email you with questions if they need too.

9. DO NOT USE MARKERS TYPE WRITING INSTRUMENTS TO MARK YOUR LABELS WITH, THEY WILL FADE WITH JUST A LITTLE MOISTURE.

10. YOU MUST HAVE ALL BOXES SHIPPED TO ME MUST BE POSTMARKED FROM AUGUST 26th-AUGUST29th ANYTHING PAST THIS DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED! NO EXCEPTIONS! YOU MUST MAIL PRIORITY MAIL!!!! (DO NOT MAIL TO ME BEFORE AUGUST 26th!) OR SHIP USING UPS WHICH EVER IS CHEAPEST FOR YOU

11. You must include a shipping label for the return. You MUST INCLUDE ENOUGH POSTAGE TO GET YOUR PACKAGE BACK TO YOU, and maybe a little extra just in case you have a larger box coming back to you then what you mailed in. PLUS 1.00 dollar to cover the cost of the Delivery Conformation # on the return back to you. PLEASE PLACE ALL RETURN LABELS AND POSTAGE IN A PLASTIC ZIPPY BAG SO AS TO KEEP THEM FROM GETTING MESSED UP

12. Credit will be giving to each plant that arrives to me in good condition and alive. If it didnt make it in shipping I can not give you credit for the plant.

13. Plants must be properly packaged, I will post information on how to do this.

14. YOU MUST SEND HEALTHY PLANTS OR PLANT MATERIAL!

15. IF you have questions please ask.

16. Cuttings will be allowed, HOWEVER, you should provide at least 3 cuttings per plant for houseplants or 5 cuttings per plant for shrubs/bushes, this time of year it should be HARDWOOD cuttings from woody type plants. DO NOT TAKE CUTTINGS FROM FLOWERING PLANTÂS TIPS THAT ARE IN FLOWER THEY WILL NOT TAKE! USE ONLY NON FLOWERING PLANT PARTS.

17. You may bundle all plants together that is slated to go to someone, me for instance, you can either tie them together or place in a bag HOWEVER, DO NOT COMPLETELY CLOSE THE BAG, THIS WILL CAUSE THE PLANTS TO ROT SHOULD ANY PLANT PART TOUCH THE BAG!

18. Instructions will be giver prior to shipping time to help you insure your plants arrive in great condition!

Let the fun being. I HOPE to see you sign-up. This swap will be timed for most of us to plant out for fall. SO COME ON WAIT CHA WAITIN ON? JOIN TO

Current Swappers

01. ncgardengirl-Fran

02. greenthumbgrow-Tammy

03. flowergirl34-Vina

04. cjcjmass-Cindy

05. zinaray-Toni

06. sakura_komichi-CA

07. antiqueorchid-Denise

08. dieg01991-Amy

09. robin1962-2008-Robin

10. debby_1-Debby

11. threas- Theresa

12. cannadoit

KNOWN LURKERS:

gardencraze-Carmen, who WILL join, just wait lol

Comments (150)

• threas
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Candoit says:Thereasa,
    I can get some scented geranium cuttings together for you.
    I can get you a Strawberry, citrus, and a citronella.
    Could I ask you a question about your speedwell offer?
    I'd like to have something to give the roundleaf stuff in my yard a run for it's money....is the speedwell pretty aggressive?

Thank you, I would love any scented geranium cuttings.
    Once established(about 2 yrs.?) I'd say it spreads pretty fast.

Theresa

• cannadoit
    14 years ago

Amy,
    I could be wrong...but, from the way this pennywort stuff has worked in my yard...something tells me it's kinda like tuberous roots or something like that..that it comes back from.
    For instance....when we were pulling out bushes, some of this stuff had crept up into the dirt around the rootball of the bushes.
    Our grass at that point did have any sign of this stuff in it.
    We had to drag the bush out with a strap tied to a truck it had been there so long and the root system was such a beast....which caused us to have to pull out some of that dirt into our yard.
    Within days that crap was coming up in our grass then...vigorously!

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't grow so densely...there by choking out anything in it's path.
    Now I see why all the neighbors use the black plastic weeding method around here! lol

I was at Lowe's last night picking up mulch...and wandered past the orphan plants.
    I got some sages and delphinium for 50 cents each....and two pots of black magic elephant ears for 2.50.
    They had a Crape Mrytle that I should have got that was marked down to 8 bucks....but, I spent the remainder of my money this week on ebay plants. lol....if I didn't put myself on an allowance...all bets would be off!

Fran, as far as the foliage on the cleo...you could be right, I'm not sure about this guy......I'm hoping it's just a slow learner or something. I'll be happy when it blooms! Then I'll know for sure!

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Amy, I would love to try the variegated grass. Could you put me down for 2.
    Cannadoit I am also a Lowes adoptee! I will buy whole racks of those poor little discounted plants...and then try to figure out where to put them.LOL and right now on ebay someone keeps outbidding me on two iris' RRRRRRRRR!!!:( that I really REALLY want. I think I have an addiction :)
    HI! My name is Vina and I'm a plantaholic!!LOL

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Denise, you only have to send in the number of plants you offered HOWEVER, if you have extra you can send those in.
    IF you have no clue who might want the extra you can just say distribute accordingly so they do NOT have to be designated for a certain person. So if you have extra of any plants then send them in.
    However remember there will be a swap Tammy is hosting after this one.

Amy, I thought the Thalia was hardy in your zone, I must be thinking about another plant good thing you checked to find out it isnt. I did find out that the Tricyrtis I have it have in zone 4 and it is a SHADE plant hehe.
    I think your grass is Japanese Ribbon Grass.

Tammy is planning another Fall Swap so don't forget about that. I am not sure but I THINK she is running it in Sept. Are you Tammy? I know when we talked you weren't sure what date you would set. Didn't know if you had decided yet.

cannadoit, the pennywort does set underground runners. Which is way it is so aggressive, I have never had that as bad as you have it BUT I have had a mint outbreak. My mother told me NOT to plant it in the ground but I though ahhh how bad can it be? THAT came up FEET away from the main plant LOL I was pulling that stuff out for YEARS. I was young then but I learned my lesson fast!

OK, on to check on other things. I will of course check in later
    :) Fran

• cannadoit
    14 years ago

Vina.....
    Were you on Ebay last night to see the Sansavieria that went for $2600.00? I almost fainted when I saw it...I thought it was a prank...but now, several people had bid in the thousands to try and get this thing.

I checked out the ebay store of the person selling them ( raresans)and none of his 6 plants were going for less than 100 bucks.
    Who knew Mother in laws tongue was such a popular plant? lol

I have been going to Rodriguez epi world or whatever in North Carolinas site. She has some gorgeous epi's....but it's over $10.00 for two cuttings not including shipping. as gorgeous as they are.....my wallet just can't take a blow like that for cuttings. lol I'm cheap!

I try to find things in lots....that way I don't feel bad for spending money.
    I got yelled at the last time I bought a single plant. It was a vanilla mint, and I paid 10 bucks for it total.
    When It came, it was the smallest thing ever....and my hubby was NOT impressed with all that! lol
    It's a darn mint and I can not for the life of me get that thing to grow either! I'm about to throw in the towel on mints...they make me angry! lol

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Fran, I check every plant for the zone hardiness and whether or not it will do well as a houseplant before I trade for it. I have to, otherwise my winters are full of bugs and my springs are full of disappointments. Blasted zone4!! The Tricyrtis looks cute, but Dave's Garden has it listed as a z5a plant. Some z5a plants do survive our winters though so I would be willing to try some if you have some to offer.

Cannadoit, everyone here is cheap...err..umm...frugal, that's why we're here trading like this!! LOL!! $2600 for ONE plant!?!? I don't think I've spent that much on my whole plant collection (inside and out)!!!!! (in fact, I think I need to tell my husband about this) WOW, think of all the trades you could do with that money!!! and $10 for one epi cutting!?! Think of all the epi cuttings you could stuff in a box and ship for $10! WOW, blows my mind too!! Hummm...May be I should start selling my plants on Ebay. Oh, and delphinium for 50 cents each?? wow, that's awesome!! Think of me when they are big enough to trade or set seed. :-)

The pennywort in your zones sounds like the experience I've had with Chinese Lanterns (don't ever put this in your garden!!). That was the worse experience I've ever had with an invasive! I will be fighting that for years to come. But, I'm quite sure that it wouldn't survive our winters, unless the shoots go below the freeze line (which is like 3 feet). But I still don't think it would be as invasive here. I am still planning on putting it in a pot to be on the safe side. BTW, the var grass (like any grass) can be invasive too so be careful where you put it. It's fairly easy to control though!

Amy

• threas
    14 years ago

Please add me to:
    *Denise
    -Krebs II H&C
    -Red Cobweb H&C
    -Fernleaf Bleeding Heart

*Robin
    -Little Grapette Daylily

*Candoit
    -Tomato cutting

Not Sure if you got these requests:
    *Toni
    Extra Daylilies(especially ruffley & doubles)

Tall Purple Phlox

Peony- white w/pink blush

Thank you,
    Theresa

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Cannadoit, I have some spearmint...this stuff is crazy...when I'm pulling the runners out of the ground it smells like I'm chewing double mint gum!

I'll add 5 spearmint to my list...(I don't know why I didn't put them on originally?)

And some of those ebay bidders are CRAZY! I think they get sucked up in the game??? It's like my mother says, "Some people have more money than brains" LOL

I haven't paid full price for a plant in years...I'm too busy in the clearance rescue center at the neighboring garden stores :-) One of the garden center ladies at Lowe's last year asked me for my cell # so she could call me when large quantities of things went on clearance. I think she thinks I have a greenhouse or something...little does she know I'm feeding my own addiction. But when Tammy calls I always answer...boy I do have a problem :-)

Amy, the grass you have I would like to put down by my pond, does it like its feet wet? Some do some don't? I could even move it back some...sorry just rambling...
    This weekend I will make a more thorough stock of what I have to trade...might even save some for the September?? trade. Sounds good!

HI HO HI HO Out to the garden I go....

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Vina,
    In my experience with the var. grass, it's not fussy about soil. I have it in two very different spots. In the front, it's in full sun in a semi-dry soil. In the back, it's in mostly shade where the soil gets very swampy. I planted it there because my lawn grass was too swampy to mow most of the time and it was gross. The var. grass looks so much nicer there.

Amy

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

wow. Everything has really died down on here. Where is everyone?

Denise

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

I have been reallly busy with work the past two days and probably won't be on much until sunday. I still have some offers I have to get figured out and the site to update. Sorry everyone it has been a errrrr two days and I haven't had much spare time. Will check back later. (Normally I only have to go in to work on Thursdays but the AG is getting ready to return in October and everyone is going Nuts with wanting everything done. LOL)

Tammy

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Robin
    I would like to add little grapettes daylily if there is one still available to my want list. Thank you!!!

Denise

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

cannadoit - I truely hope you were joking about the motherinlaws tongue..?
    What was so special about this one? Was it huge or something? I have one of those and if it will sell for that on ebay I would gladly be posting it up. LOL.

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

cannadoit - I truely hope you were joking about the motherinlaws tongue..?
    What was so special about this one? Was it huge or something? I have one of those and if it will sell for that on ebay I would gladly be posting it up. LOL.

• zinaray
    14 years ago

updating want/wish list
    delete, elret flower blub
    bat flowering blub
    add fall planting blubs
    crown imperial
    lilies-turk's cap
    tulips
    foxtail lily
    perennial-lord baltimore hibiscus
    thanks Toni

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Alright everyone... The list is UP TO DATE... PLEASE CHECK IT!

CA - I would love from your list
    2 purple columbine
    3 Lambs ears
    variegated weigela

Did I miss someone on the Jade Plant on Amys list?
    I have cannadoit and toni down... anyone else request it?

Toni - Did you request a fernleaf bleeding heart from Denise? I think maybe I wrote the wrong person in when I put your name because CA requested it. If you did request it you would have been before me and I just wanted to make sure.

Cannadoit - Got you on the tomatos. That is where i got the seeds for these ones. I kids clear them out before I can even get them inthe house though. Next year I will plant at least 5 of them I only did 1 and they are eatting them everytime there is one ripe. LOL

Denise - Yes I would love all 4 of the purple cone flowers Thanks!

The fall swap will be in September. And I can't wait. This will be the last one (plant swap) that I will be hosting for this year and then it will switch to seeds and other gardening stuff. yeah!

NEW REQUESTS:
    Fran - purple emperer cutting
    2 of the alpine strawberrys (are these june bearing or everbearing?)

Vina - 2 royal hostas
    3 russian sage (is this edible also - for cooking?)
    2 blackeyed susans
    2 lambs ear

cannadoit
    canna unknow green leaves with red outline

denise - 1 ex. of ea raspberry
    2 butterfly bushes purple
    I am removing myself from the foxglove and will give it to the next person in line. (cindy)

Theresa - purple palace
    2 extra lilacs (total 3)

Robin - I will take any green liriope you have extra. I am trying to line a large area with it.
    Also would like 2 more of the bes.I just didn't want to take them until I saw if anyone else wanted any.
    NOTE: Gave one of my tall phlox offers to theresa (she was next in line) I didn't want to take two with others wanting it. So mark me for only one and give one to theresa.

I think that covers it.

PLEASE BE SURE TO MAKE sure every request you have made is on the page. If you do this everyone can be sure they have the correct things to send to each person.

Tammy:-)

• threas
    14 years ago

TY,Tammy!
    More requests please:
    Fran / NCgardengirl
    Alpine Strawberry-2 Offers

Vina/ Flowergirl34
    lily of the valley-3offers
    russian sage (babies)
    stella d'oro daylily

Toni / Zinaray
    matisse (pink)

Denise/Antiqueorchid
    White swan echinacea

CA/sakura
    Lychnis coronaria - rose campion-2 offers
    double purple columbine

Amy
    Houseplants/tropicals - Tradescantia, purple queen-(2 offers)

Robin
    blackberry plants
    raspberry plants-red
    raspberry plants-purple
    stella d`oro
    mixed hollyhocks

Theresa

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Tammy, was your day better today? I sure hope so. You should take a break now LOL.

You have done well on the tracking page, I know this isn't easy for you, but you do such a great job! YOU ROCK!!!
    I REALLY can't tell you when the Strawberries produce I have this is my second year with them LOL, I haven't even looked for any berries. I just looked it up and it says the bear in June but with water and cooler weather they can last for a few months, but not to over water....
    I have the one that starts with a Q and I have been trying to find it for the last hour and a half to tell you give you the name and haven't found it yet! ERRRR lol. SOOO I give. I will look at my tag in the AM hehe.
    I wanted to tell you that purple Ice Plant I have is the same one you offered last swap LOL yours was blooming Thrusday and I noticed mine and yours are the same LOL.
    Russian Sage is not edible, it is ornamental.

Amy, the Alpine Strawberries are hardy to your zone and it says they like shade LOL. HOWEVER DG says it is only hard to 5a so I don't know.

CA what is the bloom color on your Lamb's Ears?
    I would like a couple of your Red Daylilies, I am going to start a red garden I can use them.

NEW REQUEST from CA:
    Red Daylilies (2)please
    IF the Lamb's ear bloom is pick (2)

Night all,

• robin1962_2008
    14 years ago

Tammy, 2 CORRECTIONS ADD ME TO BLACK KRIM TOMATO CUTTINGS
    FRAN`S VIOLET STEM TARO FONTANESSII
    1 ADDITIONAL REQUEST- THERESA- 3 BUTTERFLY BUSH SEEDLINGS. Also I thought I read in one of the first posts that you wanted 10 redbud seedlings from me.It`s not on the list.,I will send you more than 10 of the green liriope and black eyed susans.I`ve got lots of both. Robin

• zinaray
    14 years ago

yes Tammy, i did ask Denise for fernleaf bleeding heart
    Toni

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Amy, Is the arrow vine your offering poisonous? I have a 2 yr old that puts things in her mouth:)

Denise

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Amy, I would llike to request a jade plant. Thanks

Robin, I would like one more of your blackberrys. Please.

Does anyone have any begonia house plants they could offer cuttings from?

I think that is it for now.

Denise

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

Fran - I don't know what color the Lamb's ear flowers are - I have them for the foliage, not the flowers, and I try to cut the flower stalks off before they are in bloom so the plants don't die. I leave a few to make sure I get seedlings, but I don't really look at them. I'll go out now and see if any are still in bloom.

~CA

OK - I went out and looked. Found a couple of blooms, but I still don't know the answer. They are pinish purple, or puplish pink? Probably more purple than pink. Yeah. I think my purple coneflowers look pink, and the lamb's ear is more purple than that.

Does that help? Probably not.

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

fran. i will take my name off the strawberries then I think they may be the same I have I am looking for everbearing type. Really want seascape... Anyone have any. LOLLOL.

Also. I always considered my iceplant pink. LOL. So when you said purple iceplant I was like Yeah! Oh well I will take my name off that one also tonight. LOL.

Anyway I will update late tonight with everything that comes in today. I will be scouting for more plants to add neighbors yards, aunts house, moms, resturants. LOL Ok I am not quite that bad. (But I did take clippings from a resturant once -with permission of course) Anything I find goes! hehehe

Denise - Here is a list of poisious plants (most of these on this list are toxic in low quanities 1 or 2 bites) Most things are toxic in high quanities but I don't think they will sit there and eat 3 or 4 whole plants or a ton of seeds. LOL. I use this list a lot because my son is 1.5 and he does the same thing. (which is why I won't have datura around for a while until he understands)
    click here for list of poisonous plants

:-)
    Tammy

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Good morning...
    Can you please add my wish/want list to:
    Fran:
    Agasteche Honey Bee Blue (3 please)

Toni:
    Matisse Pink (1)

Denise:
    Wild Black Rasberries (3)

CA:
    Lychnis coronaria -rose champion (2)

Robin:
    Mix Iris Offer (2)
    Robin, I see on your wish list Tall Phlox, I have white. I can send you a baby of that if you'd like?

And my Lambs Ear flowers purple, does anyone have pink?

And Tammy can you remove 1 of my baby yucca from what I have available to swap...I swapped a about a week ago on the plant swap with a lady and she hasn't received them yet! I'm in NY and its only going to ME (it has been 6 days!! priority mail) I don't think she is going to like what she finds in that box when she does finally receive it...so I would like to send her another set and make it right. Thanks so much! vina

And Tammy**SUPER KUDOS***on another job well done with the update!!

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

Tammy - do you have any more crocus bulbs you can offer?

thanks,
    CA

• cannadoit
    14 years ago

Tammy,
    I have everbearing strawberry I can send you. All of my babies have fruit at the moment, but they will look good again by the time you get them.
    Thank goodness I started pulling babies off at the beginning of the season and potting them up...now the fireants have taken over the main plant and I can't get to it without being attacked by them. lol

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi Tammy,
    the list looks great! Thanks!!

Could I request another white swan from Denise?

Fran,thanks for thinking of me with the strawberries, but I already have some.

Denise, I just looked up the arrow vine and Dave's Garden has it listed as poisonous. I never knew. My plant is a type of syngonium. I'm not sure how poisonous they are though. I did some research a while back and I was shocked to find out that most houseplants are toxic to some level, but like Tammy said, they'd have to eat the whole plant or more. I don't have kids but my cats eat my plants. They are smart enough to know to stay away from the poisonous ones though (instinct?). Thanks for posting the list of poisonous plants Tammy!

Cannadoit, do you have another offer of the everbearing strawberry that I could have? :-) Just thought I'd ask.

Amy

• cannadoit
    14 years ago

Amy, I can offer another everbearing strawberry! :O)

Does anyone grow Jewel of Opar? From what I can find on the internet, it's kinda invasive..... have you found that to be the case?
    I received one in a trade from a really sweet lady as an extra.....but, I have so many invasives in my yard....I just can't bring myself to having to try to kill off something else a year from now.
    If it is...would anyone like it? lol

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

cannadoit, thanks for the strawberry!! Yippie!

I nearly spit out my soda when I read your comment about Jewel of Opar being invasive. I grow it as a houseplant and no, it's not invasive for me, LOL!!! I did just read about it and it can be invasive where it's hardy, but I don't think it's hardy in your zone. It sounds like it reseeds itself so you may want to just keep it in a pot and deadheaded before it sets seed.

Amy

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,

Sorry i was mia but i have some new plant to share.
    Thanks fran for everything.

3 gardenia Seedling
    5 purple smoketree cuttings
    5 japanese clerodendrin cuttings ( seed will be available soon)
    3 scotch broom
    Pickery pear catus
    2 Rose of sharon double purple
    purple hearts plant.
    1 cutting of summer poinsetta
    2 oxalis purple.

Cindy

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Cindy!!!! Yeah, I'm so glad to see you here!!!! Welcome back, we've missed you!

I would love to have the following...
    - Pickery pear catus

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

Cindy - welcome back!

I love gardenia! I wish your gardenia would be hardy here! But unless it is Chuck Hayes or Kleim's Hardy, I won't be able to grow it :( Ahh...what the heck. I'll try keeping it in a pot. Put me down for one.

I would also like a purple smoke tree cutting. They are so pretty!

~CA

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Tammy, I will try to get you a piece of the PINK Ice Plant, yours really is purple LOL.
    My Pink Plant is new this year so I don't know how much of it I can share I haven't looked at it lately but I will this afternoon sometime and if there is enough to share with all three of you (Vina, Toni and Tammy) I will include some for all of you. Mine is doing pretty well, I didn't think it would fair as well as it has but it took off once I planted it!!!

I heard from Cindy SHE is coming back wooohooo, she said she will post sometime either today or this weekend with her comeback post. She thought her plants were too common and that we all had them and she was afriad us 'oldies' wouldn't need any of them and there weren't enough new folks to choose hers.
    I told her I did want some of them BUT I had been on the conservative side because I had been waiting on DLs, and that is why I hadn't picked anything yet...not that I didn't want it I was saving my picks LOL.

I think I need to put my Pink Arrowhead Vine outside so it can grow, it is just sitting here in the house not doing anything. I have had it since last summer and it just SITS there....AMY, you do a lot of houseplants what do you recommend I do? I have never fed it BTW either, ummm you THINK it might want something to eat? lol.

I have Jewel's Of Opar, last year I over wintered it inside, I had it OUTSIDE for the summer, of course I have moved from that place BUT, I have it coming up in only a few pots that was near it inside and in 1 place outside and it was only a couple of plants here and there they are easily pulled out, it is a cute plant and if you clip off the seed pods you should have no worries.
    I plan on keeping mine because I do like the plant. I haven't clipped the seed pods this year and the problem with THAT is that is the seed pods happen to be postioned over my potting dirt I use to pot of things I mail out AND things I pot up so IF you get something growing extra from me DON"T be surprised if it isn't JEWELS OF OPAR lol.
    But it really is easy to pull out, so just pluck it and it is done!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I was POSTING when Cindy was LOL WELCOME BACK glad you came back ;).

Ca I have had gardenia in a pot (outside though) since Sept of last year and it is doing ok. It is not hardy up there really?

NEW REQUEST Cindy:
    2 oxalis purple please (unless someone elses wants one then I will take one)
    Japanese Clerodendrum cuttings I will try them omg

Passing on:
    CA Lamb's Ear, I would really like more pink

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Fran, I try to put as many houseplants as I can out during the summer. They do SO much better out there!!! I fertilize when I think about it using just general purpose miracle grow. Make sure you put that arrow in FULL shade though or the sun will burn it. :-)

Amy

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Hi I am interested in the following plants:
    gardenia Seedling
    japanese clerodendrin cuttings ( seed will be available soon)
    scotch broom
    Rose of sharon double purple
    purple hearts plant.

Thanks!!!

Denise

• robin1962_2008
    14 years ago

Vina,I would love to have your white phlox baby!Thank you so much for the offer!!
    Cindy, I`m so glad you`re back!!Can I please have:
    ROSE OF SHARON DOUBLE PURPLE
    GARDENIA SEEDLINGS
    PURPLE SMOKE TREE CUTTINGS

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Tammy, Thank you for the link. I think it will be o.k. if I put the arrow vine up high enough. I don't think she would eat a hole plant either. Especially as picky as she is about food.

Amy, thank you for rhe link also.

Cindy, glad to see you changed your mind. Yay!!! More plants.

Denise

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Hi everyone only if these are still available i would like to have.

toni
    I would like dance ballerina and
    eileen's dream

robin is there any left of the
    mixed hollyhocks
    cat's whiskers
    dahlia
    peony
    ginger..this is my new love.

cannadoit

Can you put me down for the Raspberry wine monarda and jacob cline monarda

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Tammy, I forgot to mention that any of the purpureas could turn out to be a Razzamatzz. They are planted near each other and I did have one of my seedlings last year turn out to be a Razzamatazz.

Hope you don't mind:)

Denise

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Cindy, please post a wish list so that we can see if we have anything that you want! :-) You need more plants girl!!!

Amy

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Diddo!!!

Denise

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Cindy, would you be interested in a brugmansia axel rose x rubirosa cross?

Denise

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Hello everyone.

I so happy there are so wonderful plant being offered.

2 pink mini rose bush
    1 fushia mini rose bush
    2 zebra grass
    1 oxalis purple
    I also have seedling of holly bush if anyone is interested. Fran do you have any Canna "Cleopatra" left.

• robin1962_2008
    14 years ago

Cindy,I can fill all of your requests.I only have 1 ginger that I received in the last plant swap.I`ll be happy to send it on to you.Robin

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Cindy ,I would like the fushia mini rose.

Thanks
    Denise

• robin1962_2008
    14 years ago

Cindy,Can I please have the HOLLY BUSH(it`s on my wish list) and 2 PINK MINI ROSE

• zinaray
    14 years ago

Cindy i would like a gardenia seedling and oxalis purple if any left thanks Toni

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OMG I had a post all typed out and this thing ATE IT!!!!

Man, I wish I hadn't missed the Mini Roses Cindy! I didn't have the Cleopatra, I have Orange, 1 Bengal Tiger Baby, small mini red Cannas.

Please do list a wish/wants list Cindy so if there is anything we have we can offer you then we will ;).

New Request from Cindy:
    Zebra Grass

I am looking for ANY grasses I plan on putting in a grass bed at the top of our driveway so we don't have to mow up there anymore :)
    I put in some rocks with the house number all ready and our neighbor gave us and ornamental solar light decoration to go up there!!!

Tammy you asked me how the spiderwort looked lining the drive, there wasn't as much left over after the swap as I thought there would be. I DO have some I got from my mom and a friend though, not sure if it will cover the lenght of the drive or not. And I haven't really decided if I want that or that red mini grass I forgot what it is called at the moment...

OK posting thread #3 now too.