Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
booberry85

UPDATE: Ssshhhhh! Secret Edibles Round Robin

booberry85
14 years ago

Hello Everyone!

We're off! The seeds went in the mail today! They should get to Donna in a couple days. Remember, there's 2 rounds. So twice as many chances to get fun seeds. I hope everyone enjoys the Round Robin.

Here's a reminder of the rules and the shipping order.

1. This Round Robin is for edibles. Bring on your fruits, veggies, herbs, etc. So long as itÂs edible itÂs good!

2. Please keep the seed packet total at 25 as a minimum. I donÂt want anyone to be shorted. If you would like to add more than you take out thatÂs fine! Please just don't take out more than you add!

3. If you take out a commercial packet please replace it with a commercial packet. WeÂre starting off with 12 commercial & 13 traded or saved.

4. Please have seeds be from 2008 or 2009.

5. Please be kind to your fellow traders. As tempted as you may be, do not add "tired" varieties such Roma tomatoes or Early Prolific (yellow) Straightneck squash. Also please refrain from adding generically labeled items such as "beans" or "onions" as the only description.

6. Try and prevent doubles of varieties unless rare.

7. Please send the box out to the next person in a reasonable amount of time (within 7 days).

8. Please send with a Delivery Confirmation. Let the person youÂre sending to know the DC #.

IÂm going to be used a Small Priority Mail Flat Rate box. The shipping cost is $4.80 plus the cost of Delivery Confirmation (I think it was $5.65 all together). I strongly encourage this for everyone. The boxes are free from the post office or you can order them on line. It takes about 10 days to get the boxes delivered to your doorstep though.

Sorry for the rules! I know for all of us it probably goes without saying. Hopefully, this way weÂll have a happy Round Robin for everyone.

WeÂll do 2 rounds, so you should receive the package twice and have two chances to get some fun seeds! HereÂs the order for sending:

1. Becky (Booberry85)

2. Donna (SunnyK)

3. Christy (Bonechickchris)

4. Joan (EJMoore)

5. Nancy (Luvgardening2)

6. Toni (Dirtdiggin)

7. Bonnie(HighAltTransplant)

8. Deb (Austinnhanasmom)

9. Kathy Southermcharm)

Then Kathy sends to me, Becky, and we start from the top!

Happy Gardening!

Becky (booberry85)

Donna, I emailed you the DC#.

Comments (35)

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

WoooHooo...I am so stoked!

• southerncharm1
    14 years ago

Yay!!! Can't wait to hear Donna has received. :)

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

I got the box...Wooohoooo!! I got some really nifty seeds out of it ....and I hope someone thinks the seeds I put in are nifty too LOL!!

So guess what...it's on the way to Christy!
    DC#:0308 1400 0000 0107 7645

Thanks Becky
    Donna :)

• booberry85
    Original Author
    14 years ago

So glad you found some fun things. I think you're going to give your mail person whiplash with that type of turn around on the box!

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

I just got the box already! Did not get a chance to look through it yet, but will tonight. We are painting the outside of the house. What fun! SO, tonight when I am all cleaned up and relaxed, I will go through them!
    Christy

• booberry85
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I seem to be having a few email troubles at home. I'll see if it's working at work. I'll be out of town for a few days, but will be back on Saturday.

Happy Gardening!

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

Hey everyone!

I went through the box and took a few things. I have a bunch to put back into it. Sorry I am taking a few extra days, but I have been so busy. I will have the box out soon!
    Christy

• booberry85
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I'm back in town and my email troubles seem to be resolved. Christy, hope you found a few things you like!

Becky

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

Sorry I took a whole week to get this going. It was just the busiest week for me last week and this week will be the same. I should have the box out today, and will come back to post the DC. I feel bad because Donna had it in and out right away!
    Christy

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

Hey Christy...dont feel bad :)

• booberry85
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That's fine Christy. That's why I wanted to give people up to a week to have the seeds. This way if someone gets busy, goes on vacation, gets hung up with work, gets sick...it still gives them enough time to participate but not enough time to forget they ever had the box!

Thanks for keeping us updated!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

NP Christy...Hey I just ordered in a few items...so I'm psyched for the box, but we all know what this time of year brings. It's always busy...and I can sure be patient...can't plant them 'til next season anyway, so we're good lol ;)

Hope all is well with you and yours...how'd the painted house turn out? Fresh paint is always so beautiful on a home! And when you do it yourself, it makes it so much better. It's that feeling of accomplishment!

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

Oh, I forgot to post this number here. My husband brought it to the PO for me, I told him to make sure to get Delivery Confirmation, well instead, he sent it Certified Mail and spent $10 on the darn thing for shipping! So, I have a number here, but please be aware, Joan, that you will have to sign for the box now. Sorry about that! I hope that is not a problem. If you are not home to sign, you can pick it up at your PO.
    Darn Husband! LOL! Well, alteast he over-protected it instead of not getting a confirmation at all! LOL!

Here is the number
    7007 2560 0001 0653 8462

Well, as for the house, I have the front left to paint, and the 2nd coat for the shutters. Yesterday and today, we stained our front porch, which is made of wood, and I do not think anything was every done to it before. So, we put the stain on and it looks so awesome! Actually got a stain called, "Vintage Wine", so even though you can see it is still wood because it is semi-transparent, it has this wine colored tint to it that looks so neat! And it will also match the shutters, which are painted a color called,"Merlot". Yes, I turned my house into a big Wino house! LOL!
    The house is a sort of tan color, but with a hint of like a mauve like in it, so when you look at it, it looks like a beige type tan color, but with a hue that will compliment the wine colors of the shutters and porch.The house color really looks awesome when the sunset shines on it over the lake. You know how twilight almost makes things "glow" when the sun is setting? Well, it gives my house this really neat glow as the sun sets. I love the sunset, because the colors are so unnatural and stunning, the same reason why so many artists try to capture those colors in paintings.
    Boy, what a pain it was to coordinate the house color and the shutter and porch colors, that took a week by itself to do before we even got started! LOL!

Ok, well, now everyone knows what my house looks like and listened to me blab on about color! LOL!
    Christy

• ejmoore510
    14 years ago

Christy, you just take your time and don't worry about it.
    Thanks to the recession, I'm still unemployed and will be home ALL week to sign for the package!
    Your house sounds absolutely beautiful! Why did I not picture your house as being a bland ordinary color?... ;)
    I feel like all my fav buddies are in this RR with me and it's just wonderful!

Joan

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

Wow, Christy, your home sounds gorgeous!!
    Makes me think I should be sprucing up the old place here .....

• ejmoore510
    14 years ago

Well, our box came this morning! Had a great time sifting thru the contents, taking out things I wanted to try, and adding seeds I thought others might like. I'll be dropping it off at the PO this afternoon, so look out Nancy, it's headed your way!

Joan
    PS - The box is starting to bulge a little bit. :)

• booberry85
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm back! I finished my job early but what a beautiful place to be. I got to do an inspection of a mansion in Corning, NY. The mansion was 15,000 sq ft! It's rare that we get to do inspections on places like this. Lots of lead paint but it was beautiful! I think Corning would be a nifty place to vacation for a few days.

Anyway, Christy, I'm glad the painting is going well. It sounds like you have a beautiful color combination for your house.

Joan, glad you're enjoying going through the seeds!

• luvgardening2
    14 years ago

I was hoping that the package would come today but it is not here yet.

Joan: Do you mind sending me the DC# so I can track it? Should I be worried? Because if it was shipped on Thursday, it should be here by now.

Nancy

• ejmoore510
    14 years ago

Soooooo sorry.... My son came in Thursday before school on my way to the P.O. I made a special trip yesterday to mail. I'm so veryyyyyy sorry Nancy. I think you should have tomorrow or Thursday.

Forgive me please.
    Joan

• luvgardening2
    14 years ago

Joan, No worries. I was just starting to worry about the package. I have been bugging the poor mailman. I kept asking him about it. Are you SURE I kept asking. She sent it on Thursday. I may not be home either day and will let everyone know when I get it and if I have to go to the PO to pick it up.

Nancy

• luvgardening2
    14 years ago

Hi, The package arrived today and I will ship it out tomorrow to Toni. I will post the DC# after I get back from my sis's.

Nancy

• booberry85
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow! Lightning fast Nancy! I hope you found a few things you liked.

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

I'm next in line! Yippee!!!

• southerncharm1
    14 years ago

Oooh it's getting sooo close! YAY!!! :) Can't wait to hear that you received it Bonnie. :)

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

WOOHOOO!!! It's on its way to me!! Oh
    I'm SOOOOO Excited!!! Have a few special things to include for when I ship, so be prepared Bonnie!!! :)

• luvgardening2
    14 years ago

Toni, As promised, DC# 0413 1797 9250 1111 8019

I hope you find some goodies in there. :o)

Nancy

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

OH YAY!!! It's at the mailroom! I'll have it Monday :)

Thanks so much Nancy :)

Toni

• booberry85
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nosey Nellies want to know. What treasures are you finding in the box?
    :)

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

YAY, The box arrived today!!!!! It's pretty packed with some great seeds. My little one and I picked out a few that we're going to try next season and Nancy sent me a couple of nice starts of Apple mint and Lemongrass. We'll see how they fair. The lemongrass looks GREAT!!!! Thank you Nancy!! :)

For seeds, we picked out...

cardoon
    neck pumpkin
    green grape tomato
    large pink bulgarian tomato
    anise
    anasazi bush beans
    toad melon
    Purple Vienna Kohlrabi
    Santa Anna Pole Bean
    Spacemaster cucumber
    spinach

Thanks so much for everything everyone. Looking forward to the next time around. Gotta get busy replacing what I took :) I'll post the DC When it's on the way.

Toni

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Okay Bonnie,

The DC is 01038555749816257619.

The box is pretty packed :) hope you enjoy some that I'm including.

Toni

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

wow that package should have been there by now :(

Hope it arrives safely!

Toni

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Hi Toni!

The package just arrived! I live in a small town, so the mail always takes an extra day or two to reach me. Anyway, I'm going through the box right now, but since it's Saturday, it won't go back out until Monday. I'll post the DC once it's on its way.

Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

The box is on its way to Deb. The DC # 0308 0660 0000 3762 8913.

I took out:

Bean, Chinese Red Noodle
    Bean, Yard Long Asparagus
    Carrot, Lunar White
    Carrot, St. Valery
    Pea, Sugar Daddy
    Pepper, Topepo Rosso
    Squash, Baby Blue Hubbard
    Squash, Blue Kuri
    Squash, Uchiki Kuri
    Squash, Lady Godiva
    Tomato, Cour di Bue

I put the same number back in. Mostly Italian heirloom seeds. I'm so glad we are going around twice. I can't wait to see if all of the seeds I put in are gone when it makes it back around to me!

What a fun swap! Lots of cool varieties!

Bonnie

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

oh yay!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed some of what I put in :)

What a fun swap!!!!!!!!!!

Toni

• booberry85
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WhooHoo! Two people away from me!!!! I'm anxious to see if any of my seeds made it back to me.