Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl34_gw

New: No ID Iris Swap 2010

flowergirl34
13 years ago

COME ONE COME ALL!!

You know you have em! Those iris' in your garden that you love but they just don't have/ or you can't remember there name. Maybe they have a story...like they came from a dear friend or maybe a family member. Or maybe its just the color you adore.

This swap is dedicated to the wonderful NOID's in your garden. And now is the time to be splitting them, so share your extras and maybe get some new colors as well.

This swap is for 3 rhizomes (at least) of different colors. You can send more if you like. Please include in your box the colors of the iris, and, if you a like a nice back story of why these are your favorites.

Please ship priority mail with Delivery Confirmation. Post your DC number here when you mail.

Sign-ups are until Friday, August 13. I will post partners that weekend. Please ship by Friday, August 27. That will give all our new iris a chance to get rooted before the first frost.

I will be having a couple of games going on for some of my NOID's during the swap...so what are you waiting for...SIGN UP NOW :0)

Any ???? please email me. This is the first time I've hosted a swap, so let me know if I'm doing anything "wonky". :0) Thanks and Happy Growing! vina

Comments (93)

• lilangel181
    13 years ago

You ladies are so great!! Today I received a small bundle in the mail. Inside were 3 light blue NOIDs from Vina, and one Summer Olympics which Holly won in the contest but thought I would enjoy and could use more. I'm so touched that I can't stop beaming! For now I plan to 'plant' them on the porch so they can get some sun and dirt before fall. Research continues on the mush culprit.
    **HUGS**
    ~Laura

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Happy Sunday!!

I will be posting partners later today. I need some help from my daughter. She'll be matching everyone up :0) She's 6 and very excited that she gets a such a "big girl" job :0)

Laura, SO GLAD that they arrived. You don't know how bad I wanted to email you and let you know they were coming. I am the worst at surprises!! If I buy something for the kids for Christmas, I want to give it to them RIGHT NOW...I have the hardest time waiting...

And Holly, thank you again for your generosity! So nice of you!!

Again, will be posting partners later. So check back.
    vina

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Now is the time....***drum roll please*****

Partners are:

w9yards/diana sends to debby_1/debby

debby_1/debby sends to micyrey/michelle

micyrey/michelle sends to brittneysgran/shirley

brittneysgran/shirley sends to flowergirl34/vina

flowergirl34/vina sends to carrlinesue/sue

carrlinesue/sue sends to kilngod/tina

kilngod/tina sends to ilovefarac/melinda

ilovefarac/melinda sends to mamasllamas/holly

mamasllamas/holly sends to w9yards/diana

Please email your swappers with addys and please post here with your DC# when you mail.

Remember you must mail at least 3 different colors (1 of each). But you are not limited to 3 or only mailing 3. You can send as many as you would like. And if you know the color please write it on your iris. But if its a mystery ????color mark that too....and don't forget if your iris has an interesting back story please write that down for there new owner.

The boxes have until Friday, August 27th to be flying in the mail.

Please check back tomorrow...It's Monday...and another GAME!!! :0)

Have a great night!
    vina

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OH! and Sue Just sent you an email.

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Yeah, thanks for the partners! I have already emailed for my addy!
    Tina, just email me and I'll send my addy!
    Have a great afternoon all! Melinda

• kilngod
    13 years ago

Right On!

Emails sent.

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Happy Monday!
    Wow! Emails are flying all over the place...awesome!! :0)

It's G A M E T I M E! :0)
    And since this is the last game for our swap I thought I would pay homage to one of the largest iris growers in the country...Schreiner's. Everyone knows them, they have been around what seems like forever.

All of these unscrambles come specifically from the Schreiner's catalog.

The winner will receive 3 purple bi-color (light almost white standards/ dark purple falls). These are noid's (I wish I knew the name of them) They are also the earliest bloomers I have. Blooming before all of my other iris. This year they were almost 10 days before everyone else.

Here we go:

1. nAnoeortf tilDge
    2. efiaVitr
    3. yrutCno mCrha
    4. nloeGd rneatPh
    5. klBac sI acBkl
    6. aaPgn eaDcn
    7. eertSc eeSicvr
    8. eaEaelipno
    9. ernerUudtrnc

1. eavsHtr eaMndi
    2. inorFge goineL
    3. sngDoar ynFca
    4. iaIantl eveVtl

Here's the hint:
    As with the last 2 games the capital letter is the beginning letter for that name.

Would be just too hard without that little hint.

First one to unscramble and list correctly wins...

GOOD LUCK! and HAVE FUN!
    :0)
    vina

• mamasllamas
    13 years ago

i emailed my partner w9yards/diana thanks........holly

• w9yards
    13 years ago

1. Afternoon Delight
    2. Vitafire
    3. Country Charm
    4. Golden Panther
    5. Black is Black
    6.Pagan Dance
    7.Secret Service
    8. Elainealope
    9. Undercurrent
    10.Harvest Maiden

1. Foreign Legion
    2. Dragons Fancy
    3. Italian Velvet

I hope these are all spelled correctly!

Diana
    w9yards

• kilngod
    13 years ago

DC # to ilovefarac/melinda

420 72638 9405 5036 9930 0316 9028 51

...is ready, and going to the PO tomorrow morning.

:) Tina / kilngod

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good Morning Everyone!!

Diana...YOU WIN!!!!! Congrats!!! :0)

Please email me your addy and I'll get your box right out to you!

Tina, have you received your game winning iris box yet? I mailed it out the same day I mailed Laura's box. And she received her's on Saturday. I just get a little worried in the postal service these days.

Speaking of boxes...you guys are amazing! I know that I won't be getting to mailing my box this soon. I am trying to figure out what to split...so I guess I get some points for just "thinking" about it :0)

Have a great day...and I'll check back in later!
    vina

• kilngod
    13 years ago

Vina, the box arrived safely today -- Thank you!!! I'm so excited to see these nearly-white-light-blue historics. Wahooey!

Yup, I was biting at the bit on Sunday. Knew I had to dig soon, that this week was gonna be busy. Once that list was posted, I was out of the gate like a thunderbolt :) sorry to look like a freak there....we are near the Derby town :)

Melinda, I tucked some other bits in there that went with your want list genre. (If you don't like those, just chuck 'em. No worries.)
    -Tina

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Good morning all! Going to try and get my iris ready to mail today! I have to do things in small amounts as been under the weather for awhile! But grandson will help, I am sure! He goes back to school tomorrow! I will miss him being home with me during the day! I hope to go back to work in a week or so! That will be a blessing!
    Tina, I am sure that I will love whatever you send! Should be here today! I am crossing fingers anyway!
    Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Melinda

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good morning everyone!

Tina, so glad the box arrived! And I hope you just love them when they flower!!

Diana, I sent you an email and I'll be mailing out your winning box on Thursday.

Has anyone heard from Shirley (brittneysgran)?

Here is the list of send/rec. so far:

Partners are:

kilngod/tina sends to ilovefarac/melinda ***SENT***

Drop by later.
    vina

• mamasllamas
    13 years ago

shipped my iris box out today

• Michelle Reynolds
    13 years ago

hello
    I e-mailed my address to debby, but I have not heared from brittneysgran, I have the irises dug and ready to package, I just dug them today so they will be ok for a few days but I rilly want to get them on their way. if she is not playing I will be happy to send to whom ever she was to send to.
    I can get 6 or 8 small rizomes in a small flat rate box.
    I dug over 20 so if you need me to cover someone I can send to 2 people.
    thanks
    michelle

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good morning all!

Michelle, I emailed Shirley to see if she's still playing. She hasn't posted since her original post and she may have forgotten about it. I'd give her the day to post and then see.

It is very generous of you to offer to send to 2 people, but I think we should be covered.**crossing my fingers as I say that**;0)

Here is the updated list of send/rec. so far:

Partners are:

kilngod/tina sends to ilovefarac/melinda ***SENT***

mamasllamas/holly sends to w9yards/diana ***SENT***

Have a great day all!
    vina

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good morning everyone!! and Happy Friday!!

Michelle, sent you an email.

And just a reminder...everyone has until Friday, August 27 to mail out boxes and post the DC's. (including me :0) )

Although Sue, I may have had a breakthrough...I taped your box together already this morning. And if my special little garden helpers sleep in this morning I may get some things dug...and maybe washed...and if I'm REALLY lucky...trimmed/labeled....and yes! mailed. ***But the last 3 may be pushing it :0)***

Have a great day everybody!
    vina

• w9yards
    13 years ago

I just received my box from Holly! She sent about 30 rhizomes! One bag was filled with I. pallida and the other bag had multiple colors in it. I am so excited! I am actually watering the banks where I have my irises today so I can dig mine up tomorrow to send so this works out well! We have had a very mild summer and only hit over 100 degrees yesterday and the day before. Living in Southern California water is a big issue so we are always evaluating what part of our property to water and when. Our neighbors watered for us while we were on vacation and they left one faucet on for 3 days. Our water bill was $583! We usually get about 10 to 15" of rain a year so you can't depend on that at all! Thanks again Holly for the great box of irises, I really
    appreciate it!

Thanks!

Diana
    w9yards

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

I got my wonderful box from Tina!! I am thrilled with the selections you sent! And the extras are wonderful! Thanks so much for being my partner, I loved them all! Melinda

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow! Sounds like some great boxes!

Partners are:

kilngod/tina sends to ilovefarac/melinda ***SENT***REC'D***

mamasllamas/holly sends to w9yards/diana ***SENT*** REC'D***

I am putting the finishing touches on my box and will be mailing this morning. I'll post the DC when I get back.

Have a great weekend!
    vina

• debby_1
    13 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I'm digging today or tomorrow and hope to get a package out to Michelle Monday. There's just never enough time to get everything done. With the heat and humidity the weeds are starting to take over. Hopefully the weather will be cooler so I can get something done.
    Debby

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Happy Sunday!

Sue your box is in the mail. I mailed it yesterday morning. DC# 0309 1140 0000 6942 1961 Hope you likey :0)

Partners are:

flowergirl34/vina sends to carrlinesue/sue ***SENT***

I think I dug and mailed just in time. It has been thundering all morning and pouring. It's not suppose to let up until tomorrow.

I think today may be a movie day :0)
    Happy Sunday!
    vina

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Happy Monday!
    Wow! Everyone must be out boxing up iris...:0)

Have a great day!
    vina

• w9yards
    13 years ago

Vina I received my prize irises in the mail. Thank you so much! I even planted them right away! I also shipped out my box to Debby. The number was 9405 5036 9930 0323 0426 01. It's another hot day here today, just ran through the sprinkler with our dogs! Our bull mastiff gets overheated so she loves the water!

Diana

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Happy Tuesday!

Diana so glad your box came! And I just love mastiff's with there big drooly faces...they are one of my favorite dogs!! Too cute :)

Partners are:

w9yards/diana sends to debby_1/debby ***SENT***

Everyone has until Friday to get there boxes out...

and when your box comes in from your partner don't forget to leave a rate and review. We don't do it a lot on the Round Robin and we really should.

Have a great day!!
    vina

• debby_1
    13 years ago

Just got my box this morning. I'm at work and haven't had a change to dig to the bottom, but from what I've seen so far, it's excellent. Thank you Diana. The cards were great. This has been fun. I still haven't got my box out, but hopefully tomorrow. I don't want to wait till the last day.
    Debby

• mamasllamas
    13 years ago

Oh I received my wonderful box this morning ok here's some of what was in it! irises everywhere! thornbird, champagne elegance, flaming dragon yeayea!!! welsh's reward, dreams of gold, a bag of niods and another bag full, ok then some wonderful i love daylilys everywhere! 6 of them maybe 7 or 8 i have them in a bowl soaking there's a big double fan noid and a bunch of named ones LOVE IT LOVE IT! and I don't have any of the ones sent so I've got more variety in my garden now thanks! One Happy Camper Here make that 2 Happy Campers my husbands Happy that I'm Happy :)

• Michelle Reynolds
    13 years ago

Hello
    I got my box off to shirley today.
    Should be there in a day or 2.
    Thanks for hosting this one
    Michelle
    Ps I have a DC for it but left it in the car. I can post it later

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow! These sound like fabulous boxes!!

Debby can't wait to hear all about what you have.

Here's the updated list:

Partners are:

w9yards/diana sends to debby_1/debby ***SENT***REC'D***

micyrey/michelle sends to brittneysgran/shirley ***SENT***

ilovefarac/melinda sends to mamasllamas/holly ***SENT***REC'D***

Everyone has until Friday to get there boxes out... and it looks like we may be wrapping up this swap. Only a couple more to go :0)

Have a great night everyone!
    vina

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

I don't know who sent that box to mamasllamas but it wasn't from me. I am just now getting ready to get hers out today! Boy, you did get a wonderful box but I will be sending only no id iris in mine! Sorry! Even I would have loved that one! Am I mixed up? Do I need to send to someone else?
    Can someone clear up my confusion? Thanks, Melinda

• kilngod
    13 years ago

Ok - so Mamaslama's.....who emailed you to get your address? (Looks like two people must have, since melinda probably did too....)

Please please do an email search. Otherwise, if the sender doesn't check back here, we may to have to wait until everyone else gets their box to find out who the gets-no-box person is.

(Sorry Vina, I probably should've left that up to the hostess to say.)

--Tina

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Morning all!

Holly, who's on the return addy for your box? I just assumed it was Melinda. Holly, just thought of something...did you respond to an iris/daylily for postage thread on the Plant Exchange? I did too and received yesterday the same box your describing. If that's the case our mystery is solved. :)...

Melinda, I'm sending Holly an email just to confirm what I think happened. You should still be sending to her.

Thanks everyone for keeping me on my toes. :)

Have a great day!
    vina

• mamasllamas
    13 years ago

ohh thanks Vina for writing me, you're right who the mystery box was from, sorry Melinda you're still sending to me. Holly

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Not a problem at all Holly! I am thrilled to be sending to you as planned. Will be mailing tomorrow. Melinda

• debby_1
    13 years ago

Michell's box went out today. DC # is 0309288000006426103. Hope you enjoy.
    Debby

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So glad that's all straightened around :)

Holly I also get confused about boxes coming and going. I try to keep a sticky pad next to the computer. I write all the info down and then sticky it to a box. Even if the box is empty for a couple of weeks before partners and mailing and such, I'll remember to do it. Its a weird system but it works for me.

Sue, I checked your DC and it says your box was delivered a couple of days ago. I hope everything arrived okay.

Partners are:

debby_1/debby sends to micyrey/michelle***SENT***

Have a great night everyone!!
    vina

• carrlinesue
    13 years ago

flowergirl34 - Received my box and was sooooooooo!!! happy

Tina shipped your box today conf number 0309 2880 0001 1318 4338

Sue

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Happy Saturday!
    It seems that pretty much everyone's boxes are moving...

Sue, so glad you liked your box! I tried to mix it up and give you a little of everything. Hope everything blooms well for you :)

Updated list:

flowergirl34/vina sends to carrlinesue/sue ***SENT***REC'D***

carrlinesue/sue sends to kilngod/tina***SENT***

Melinda, have you sent Holly's box out?

And I haven't heard from Shirley, but since she's sending to me I'm not really worried about it. We'll catch up on another trade I'm sure.

I have to say this swap is almost wrapped up :)
    It has been so much fun hosting my first swap and you all have been super. I just want to thank you!!

And don't forget to leave your swapper a rate and review. We almost never do it on the round robin... and I must admit I'm guilty of it too.

Have a great Saturday!
    vina

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

I am mailing Holly's box on Monday. I have sent an email and she is aware of this. Sorry so late, but it will be sent then.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend. Thanks, Melinda

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Melinda for letting us know!
    Have a great weekend!

• kilngod
    13 years ago

Thanks Sue, I'll keep my eye out.

Vina -- if brittneysgran doesn't send, I will send you some.

--Tina

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Vina-----I have them all dug and ready to go out tomorrow. Even dug extra for being late. Working 6 days a week on a job is killing me. I am thankful that I have a job though.

Michelle-I received your irises Saturday and thank you so much. Can't wait to see what I have when they bloom.

PS..Vina I re-sent the total for the daylilies. Did you get it?

Shirley

• kilngod
    13 years ago

Brittney, I completely understand and can relate....and hope that you take no offense that I offered just in case. (None was intended at all. Though I realize I should've sent that message via email instead. I'm very sorry.)

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry I've been MIA last couple of days. Super Busy!!

Shirley, I paid that with paypal I think on Friday. I have the receipt for it. Hope it went through okay.

Tina, your very sweet to offer! Believe me no one is offended and you don't need to apologize. :)

Updated list

micyrey/michelle sends to brittneysgran/shirley ***SENT***REC'D***

carrlinesue/sue sends to kilngod/tina***SENT***

ilovefarac/melinda sends to mamasllamas/holly***SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT HAS BEEN MADE :) ****

We're almost done :)...have a great night all!
    vina

• Michelle Reynolds
    13 years ago

Hello I got a big box stuffed with iris fans today from MIss Debby
    Thank you very much they will go in the ground tomarrow
    I just love these kind of swaps
    Thanks
    Michelle
    Ps she gave me a pritty butterfly sun catcher too. [Huggs]

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Tina-I think that was super sweet to offer and thank you. I really don't mind at all.

Vina-Yes it came through. I don't have time to check my e-mails either. LOL I have 350 to sift through at present. No wonder my computer is running slow. I did get to the post office today and your irises are on the way. We are now cooling down at night and in the early mornings and it is wonderful. I'm ready for Fall.

Shirley

• kilngod
    13 years ago

WOW! Sue, I love love love the HUGE cream & yellow TBs! Thank you so much and for the extra sharpie markers, little datebook, and the card too.

Even the paper shred packing is going to use in the compost pile :)

I love these swaps. Thanks much, and Happy Gardening everyone!
    --Tina

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Morning all!!

Michelle, that sounds like a fabulous box

Tina, you too...OOOHHH!! Cream and Yellow. Sue, would you have a pic of that?

Shirley, Wow! I thought I was behind...but 350!! OMGoodness! And I second that! I am ready for fall. It has been incredibly humid almost the whole summer. We have been getting rain, thank goodness, but the humidity just sucks it right back up. It's going to be about 100 here today, and in the high 90's till Friday. My plants and I say its time for fall. :)

On a fun note...my daughter gets to meet her new teacher today. It's the first grade lunch social at school. She's so excited!

Updated list:

debby_1/debby sends to micyrey/michelle***SENT***REC'D***

brittneysgran/shirley sends to flowergirl34/vina***SENT***

carrlinesue/sue sends to kilngod/tina***SENT***REC"D***

ilovefarac/melinda sends to mamasllamas/holly***SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT HAS BEEN MADE :) ****

I'll post when I receive my box from Shirley, but I think we can call this swap all wrapped up!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE you have made my first hosting super fun and couldn't have asked for nicer people to join.

Have a great day everyone!
    vina

ps. don't forget your rate and reviews :)

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Afternoon everyone!

Shirley, my box arrived today! :) Thank you so much!
    I received from Shirley:
    Loop the Loop
    Coral Point
    Thornbird
    and 5 rhizomes with no writing on them. They are my surprise pack. I'm going to plant them all together in there own little cubby :)

****drum roll please*****

I do believe this closes this NOID Iris Swap.

Updated list:

debby_1/debby sends to micyrey/michelle***SENT***REC'D***

brittneysgran/shirley sends to flowergirl34/vina***SENT***REC'D***

carrlinesue/sue sends to kilngod/tina***SENT***REC"D***

Have a great Fall everyone and see you on other swaps! :0)
    vina

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm