Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raggedyann161420

first annual named bearded iris swap

raggedyann161420
16 years ago

Ok, here we go. Those of you that wish to sign up for the NAMED iris swap do so here. I will take names untill the 6th of August, and Mailout date will be the end of August.

This will be for at least 3 named iris, but of course you can send more if you like.

LET THE GAME BEGIN!

LIFE IS GOOD,

Annie

Comments (58)

• jennid
    16 years ago

Count me in! I love iris, can not get enough of them.
    My daddy always said "Anything worth having is worth having lots of" LOL I think he was talking about weight but I am like that with flowers.

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello everyone!

I wish more would have signed up.

Here is who is sending to who

brittneysgran/Shirley sends to poisondartfrog/Alana
    Alana/poisondartfrog sends to Shirley/brittneysgran

Marea/Marea sends to Raggedyann161420/Annie
    Annie/Raggedyann161420 sends to Marea/Marea

rockyridge/Roxanne sends to jennid
    Jennid sends to rockyridge/Roxanne.

Please contact your partner if you don't know her address, send out before the end of August, last and the most important thing here is to send a package you would love to get.

Maybe next year we will have more to participate.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

These are to be sent priority mail with delivery confirmation. Please post the delivery confirmation when you send, and Please post when you get them.

Thanks
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• mareas
    16 years ago

Hooray ~ i get ANNIE!! *grin*
    If your addy has stayed the same I still have it. I'm going to wait for my Schreiner's order that is due this next week to send my box & will be sure to post my Del. Conf.# ~ marea

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marea, Please send me your address again, I can't seem to find it. I did send you an e-mail.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• dirtdiva
    16 years ago

Is it too late? August 6 is tomorrow. I'll participate if you are still taking names and you have a partner for me:) If not, I'll catch ya next year.

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marea, I found your address! hehe memeory deficency here!

Dirtdivarocks, I know I did jump the gun on the date. I would be more than happy to be your partner also. If someone else jumps in then the two of you can partner up. Not very many has signed up and since it was too hot to work outside today I was inside doing things, and thought I would pair people up.

I will e-mail you my address, please send yours back to me.
    All the requirements are above/minimum of 3 named. send priority, and please post when you send, and when you have received your package.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• lilywoman
    16 years ago

i would like to jump in if its not too late.... Gay

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

lilywoman, that will be great I will pair you up with dirtdivarocks, So now here is the lineup

brittneysgran/Shirley sends to poisondartfrog/Alana
    Alana/poisondartfrog sends to Shirley/brittneysgran

Marea/Marea sends to Raggedyann161420/Annie
    Annie/Raggedyann161420 sends to Marea/Marea

rockyridge/Roxanne sends to jennid
    Jennid sends to rockyridge/Roxanne

lilywoman sends to dirtdivarocks
    dirtdivarocks sends to lilywoman

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

lilywoman, and dirtdivarocks please e-mail each other for addresses.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• dirtdiva
    16 years ago

Will do. Lilywoman, sending you an email.

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok, this swap is closed for this year. Maybe next year we will have more to participate.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marea, Iwill be digging your box today and it will go out tomorrow.

I already have the box addressed and the delivery confirmation on it will be 0307 0020 0000 3240 0445.

Thanks for signing up for this swap; Maybe next year there will be more of a response.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• mareas
    16 years ago

Oh THANK YOU, Annie! How exciting! I can't wait to see what's behind curtain #1
    {{gwi:1287301}}
    Marea

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Jennid

I e-mailed you today, let me know if you don't get it.

Roxanne

• jennid
    16 years ago

Roxanne,Got your email. Thanks Hope you got mine. Jennid

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Shirley,
    I just packed your box and printed the postage. It will go out tomorrow morning. Your confirmation numbers are 01038555749057885565. I hope you enjoy what I selected!
    Alana

• dirtdiva
    16 years ago

My box went out to lilywoman today. Delivery confirmation number is: 03070020000100525254
    What fun!!

• mareas
    16 years ago

Annie, head's up ~ your box went out today, too. Delivery Conf #0479 8072 3360 0103 7570. Marea

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marea, Thanks for the heads up, and I will be looking for it! :O) :O) I'm hoping you get yours tomorrow.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• mareas
    16 years ago

ANNIE! Holy kalumba!! I did get my box today & am just overwhelmed by your generosity!
    (I wish more than ever that I hadn't lost most of my Iris labels in my move, but at least I sent you some off your wish list...)
    This is what I received:
    Copyright
    Going My Way
    Fresno Calypso
    Breakers
    Joyce Terry
    Pumpkin Cheesecake
    Jennifer Rebecca
    Ron
    Love The Sun
    Be A Dream
    Alice Goodman
    Black Flag
    Edith Wolford
    Pleated Gown

Annie is good! Thank you so much, marea

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marea, I'm glad you like them, some of them originally came from our Shirley! I had to get them moved because they were growing too close together.

No worries, what-ever you send I will love, and yes, I hate when I lose tags. I've gotten so when I plant I put several with them, and even doing that I lose some. Don't ask me how!lol

I hope they do well for you.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I wish I would have had some to share that were on your want list.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marea, I just want you to know that my DH will be picking up my box from the P.O, as maybe tomorrow it will be there. I have to go to work tonight, will not be back home till Monday morning.I can't wait to see my goodies!

I hope everyone is staying cool and like everyone else I am ready for a break in the weather. I think the temps are going to climb higher these next couple of days.

Try and stay cool everyone!
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• lilywoman
    16 years ago

dirtdivarocks,got my box today!my u are fast thanks for a grear trade!i didnt have any that u sent!hoo...your box is not mailed yet ,its ready to go but cant get to the p.o.until monday thanks again gay

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Shirley, I am overwhelmed.
    I received Janie Meek, Abbey Road, Classic Look, Next In Line, Feedback, Cloud Ballet and Paprika Fonos. I wish I had had more to send you!
    These are wonderful! I can't wait to get them growing. Thank you so much!
    Alana

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Alana, Wow the post office is on the ball, glad you got them already. I received yours Friday and loved everyone.
    If I had been picking out of a catalog those 4 would sure be the ones I chose. I oohed and aaahed over each one when I looked them up.

Thanks for:
    Spiced Tiger
    Cuss A Blue Streak
    Tanzanian Tangerine
    Toucan Tango

Annie thank you for getting this together now I have 4 more irises to love.

Shirley

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got my box from Marea, and in it was:

Dynamite
    EarthBorn
    Gnus Flash
    Harvest Maiden
    Stop the Music
    Marea, thanks so much I do love them all, and yes! I've been wanting Gnus Flash.

Again everyone, thanks for participating.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• dirtdiva
    16 years ago

I received my box today. Wow!!! I couldn't believe it. Gay stuffed the box with multiple fans. I am sooo blown away. Thank you, Gay. You are such a generous person!!
    I received:
    beverly sills (she was on my wish list and my first pink!!!)
    superstition
    summer olympics
    gnus flash
    and siloam new toy daylily

All so special!!!!!!!!!

• dirtdiva
    16 years ago

Oh my, I forgot to mention Pride of Ireland....it just gets better and better. Oh, also, thank you Annie for setting up the swap. I'm glad I was able to jump in.

• lovelyiris
    16 years ago

Wow, I can't wait to join in this swap next year. Everyone seemed to have a good time and got GREAT DEALS swapping. I'd like to know where the photo of Marea is. Until this summer I had a bunch of Iris's. Lost most of them from too much rain. Wouldn't we all give our eye teeth, and almost our first son (grin) to have fields of iris's like that.
    Very beartiful picture. Thank you for sharing it with us. Now I'm drooling and dreaming about getting my beds re-established. Thanks to a couple of wonderful ladies on here I'll have a few more iris to re-plant. I just can't imagine not having my iris's out there greeting me with all their beauty. Thanks again for bringing fond memories of all the iris's I use to have.

Lovely Iris

• mareas
    16 years ago

Lovely Iris, yes, remember that we will do this again next July!!
    That was a photo i took of a Mid America Iris field this Spring, as seen through the side of the Hosta house shadecloth of Sebright Hostas, in Brooks Oregon. ~m'

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lovely Iris, yes, thanks for inquiring about this swap. We will do it again next year. :O):O)

Again, Thanks to all that joined in on the fun.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

P.S. Marea, in the spring I know I will have hosta that are on your want list unless you aquire them before that. I've done alot of private trades with long-time people that I've traded over the years and my hosta trading is just about done for this year.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Jennid - Your box has been on it's way a couple of days. My ISP has been down for almost 2 days so I haven't had a chance to post before this. Tracking # 03062400000028162026

Hope you like everything.

Roxanne

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Jennid,

Did you get your box yet? I'm getting kinda worried about it.

Rox

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

B U M P I T Y . . . B U M P ....B U M P !!!

Rox

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Roxanne, I've sent you an e-mail;I need your address hon.

I want you to know how sorry I am that you did not get a box from your partner. This is partially my fault, I should have requested that if you are new please give a reference. I hate to do that, but I see now it really is necessary, and from now on it will be top priority when I host a swap.

Life can get in the way at times;I've been there.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Annie, I sent you an e-mail.

Thank You

Rox

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Roxanne, Your box will be going out this Saturday morning. I hope you like what I've selected for you. I'm off work untill Friday night and will not return home till Monday morning, then I'm on the road again Tuesday night untill Friday morning.

Here is the delivery confirmation number I will be using when I mail your box 0307 0020 0000 3240 0537 it will also state that I mailed it out from Macomb Ill.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Annie,

Thank you sooooo much for doing this. You're an Angel!

Boy, The world sure is small....I'm originally from Rome Illinois; about 20 miles north of Peoria.

Rox

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Roxanne,wow, yes the world is small. Our son was at St. Francis hospital in Peoria when going through treatment for leukemia. Wonderful hospital and staff.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

I got back from town this afternoon and stopped at the post office. There was a huge box waiting for me from Jennid. She enclosed a letter and says she's been in the hospital and is home now. But still bedridden. She had her husband dig the iris and box them up to send. But!!! not just Iris! A whole box of goodies. canna,glads,tulips,adrium,peony.

Iris:
    Exotic Star
    Dusky Challenger
    Appalacian Spring
    Pink Pass
    Resurrection Story
    Pop's Concert
    Skysearch
    Capriciou
    Horni Lori
    Mary Frances
    Shipshape
    Winter Olympics
    Gondolier
    Jolie
    Piute Pass
    Black Dragon
    Dragon Song
    After the Storm

Thank You! . Thank You! . Thank You! . . I'm in heaven!!!!

I hope you are getting better every day and can join us again soon.

Roxanne

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Roxanne,

I'm glad you recieved your box. I've already dug and sent out the box today, and I also sent you an e-mail.

Jennrid, So sorry to hear you were in the hostpital. I mentioned to Roxanne that life does throw curveballs, and you never know when. I hope you are feeling better every day!

I'm sorry that I sounded harsh when I said I would need references next time. Shame on me. But believe me when I say Life can and does get in the way.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• abbigail
    16 years ago

Wow! I wish I had seen this earlier! I would love to have gotten in on this swap! I have had a bad iris year due to weather and health issues with hubby but will be ready for this next year. (I hope I can remember!) ~Abbigail~

• mareas
    16 years ago

Annie, you were just feeling protective of Roxanne, I'm sure Jen forgave you immediately, I know I did...

Abbigail, I will make a list for Annie of all who wanted in or participated in this swap - you'll get a reminder email next Fall! *grin* marea

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Annie,

Your box got here yesterday morning. They are all potted up and tucked away. Thank you soooo much for doing this. I know you said I didn't owe you anything; but that just doesn't work for me! Now I've got your return addy off the box you sent me. You will be getting a 'thank you' box by the end of the week. I have a few things on your wish list. Hope you will be pleasantly surprised.

Annie sent me:

Daylily Dragon's Eye

Iris:
    Clarence
    Edith Wolford
    Silverado
    Sapphire Hills
    Heartbreak Hotel

Thanks Again Annie

Roxanne

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Roxanne, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I'm still feeling just terrible. I hate to judge anyone, and darn, I just put my foot in my mouth a little too soon.

Again, Jennrid, I do apologize. I hope you get to feeling better real soon.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Annie,

Your box went out yesterday morning. DC# 03062400000028162590

Hope you like everything. I sent you some daylily seeds also; saw on your trades page that you were getting started collecting them. There is nothing better than going out in your garden in the a.m. and seeing a daylily bloom for the very first time anywhere. Hope they turn out beautiful for you. You should store them in the veggie bin and plant in peat pots in a sunny window in Feb. or you can wait and plant them directly in the garden in early spring.

Sorry these Iris are a little dry. When I dug up my clumps last month for trades my back started hurting soon after; so these have been sitting around waiting for me to get them replanted. You saved their lives!!! LOL They are dry, but not nearly as dry as the ones you buy in the stores.

Don't you dare feel terrible about Jennid. It's my fault!!! Being a newbie I was just so anxious to get my new treasures I didn't wait long enough before contacting you. As we all know.....nobody's perfect; and I'm certainly not... by a long shot. :)

I'm sure Jennid has forgiven us both; she is a really sweet person.

Roxanne

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Roxanne, thanks for the iris
    "Affluence"
    "Batik"
    "Bewilderbeast"
    "Immortality"
    "Raspberry Blush"
    "Supreme Sultan"!
    I've been wanting a few of these for quite a while. OH! thanks so much for the daylily seeds. I do some wintersowing so these will do great for that.

We didn't get any frost this morning but the temps did dip to 38. I'm really ready for the cooler weather, but hate to see the growing season come to an end.
    Again thanks so much!
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Next year we shall have another named iris swap!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie