Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raggedyann161420

unnamed bearded iris swap

raggedyann161420
16 years ago

This sign up is for the unnamed iris swap. You can send as many as you want but must send a least 3. If you can please let your partner know what color if you can.

Sign up for this will be untill the 6th of August, and the final mailout date the end of August.

LET THE GAME BEGIN!

LIFE IS GOOD,

Annie

Comments (45)

• rennep
    16 years ago

Yes!! I would love to join in this swap. Thanks, Renne'

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hi! I would love to join if I may! One question, do the 3 plants have to be different? or can they all be the same? I do have 2 different kind but lack the 3rd. Thanks, Tracy

• wynative
    16 years ago

Please count me in - I have lots of colors with no names.

Are we sending to a partner or to you to send out?

Thanks,
    Marie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tracy, I don't think it matters, the important thing here is send a package that you would like to recieve, but a variety is nice.

Marie, yes, you will be sending to a partner.

Renne,tracy and Marie thanks for joining the swap.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• wynative
    16 years ago

bumping this up ~

• jennid
    16 years ago

Would love to join this swap, how do I do it

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jenrid, are you interested in the named or unnamed iris swap? You are welcome to participate in both, but again one is for named only, and this one is for unnamed. Like I mentioned above it it nice if you know the color, but if you don't that is fine too, you must send at least 3,and the most important thing here is send a package you, yourself would like to recieve.

Please let me know.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

I would like to tentatively sign up. I may be in the hospital delivering my baby soon. Exactly when does the swap occur?

• jennid
    16 years ago

I want to both, just tell how this works,and when we are doing it

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

"Sign up for this will be untill the 6th of August, and the final mailout date the end of August."

Duh! LOL. Sorry - apparently missed that part. Definitely would like to participate. I only have one kind of bearded iris, but can easily send 3 of them. ;) Looking forward to this. :)

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ladies, here is the lineup for sending your iris

Rennep/renne sends to Tracyvine/Tracy
    Tracyvine sends to Rennep/Renne

Wynative/Marie sends to Jennid
    Jennid sends to Wynative/Marie

Redsnowflake sends to Raggedyann/Annie
    Annie/Raggedyann sends to Redsnowflake

I'm closing this swap, Please notify your partners and give them your address.

Be sure to send at least 3, send priority/with delivery confirmation, post the delivery confirmation when you send and post when you receive.I think that about does it.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• jennid
    16 years ago

Annie: Thank you for leting me join. I am so excited I can
    not wait to see what I get. I am new here and not very good with the typing. When I first looked around I did not think I would be staying here . I failed latin and all the proper names for plants are greek to me.:P But Then
    I saw this and I though well maybe I will be okay after all. So Thank again for letting me join both swaps and for letting a newbie feel welcomed

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jenrid, you are most welcome, we were all new once. I don't know all the proper names for plants, and suppose I never will but I guess there are a few that do. I don't see where it is all that important. I collect Hosta, Iris and daylily, and to be honest, I would flunk a test if I had to take one on any of the three. LOL

Welcome to GW!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• jennid
    16 years ago

Marie, I have your box ready but I need your address, please
    let me know where to send it. Thanks jennid

• wynative
    16 years ago

Jenni,

you've got mail :) I don't care for named stuff as it is to hard to remember after the wind blow's the tags away! Can't wait to see what you send.

Marie

• jennid
    16 years ago

Thank you, I love " Orphans" my self, looking forwards to this. some on my favorite plants have no name but they normally have a great story.

• wynative
    16 years ago

Jenni,

I resent but in case it doesn't show up...

What colors do you prefer or want? I will try to match as close as possible.

I can send to you first then when you get your new iris you will have my address.

Hoping you get it!
    Marie

• jennid
    16 years ago

I love them all so surprise me. Thank you jennid

• wynative
    16 years ago

Good afternoon Jenni,

Your new Iris are on their way! UPS delivery conformation# 1Z 821 048 03 5148 6982

Enjoy your weekend,
    Marie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Redsnowflake, I will be mailing to you on Tues of next week.(I promise) The days got away from me, and it is just soooooooo hot out. I have to go into work tonight and it is the start of my long stretch. I will return home Monday, get a good night sleep, mail your stuff out and return to work Tues night - Thurs. night and then Friday my long stretch off starts again. YIPPIIIIIIIIII! I will post the delivery confirmation when I do, and I do apologize for the delay.

I hope everyone is staying cool, it sure is a scorcher out there.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Annie - don't sweat it. No worries here. :) I'm in no hurry, so just send whenever you get a chance.

And yes, it is ridiculously hot! We've been having temps right near 100 and the humidity has made it positively unbearable! I'm due to have our second little boy on the 25th and it's all I can do to go out to the mailbox and back!

Everyone definitely stay cool! ;)

• wynative
    16 years ago

Redsnowflake ~ Congrates! You will have to let us know that all went well & his name :)- best of luck!

Ridiculously HOT here also! Well over 100 each day this week, grrrrrr! I hope all plants survive this scorcher.

Marie

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Thank you Marie. I will update everyone once things get going. :) His name is David Liam. We're looking so forward to meeting him!

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Redsnowflake, Gongratulations on the upcoming birth of your son.

I'm will be closing up your box this evening, and mailing it when I get off work tomorrow morning. The confirmation number will be 0307 0020 0000 3240 0476. I hope the plants do well for you.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• nicolenanette
    16 years ago

i need to send some pics to anyone to know what is bearded. I think mine are regular.
    nicole

• jennid
    16 years ago

marie your package sent confirmation 1ZX 215500310283874

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Thanks Annie. Looking forward to it! Will let you know when the package arrives!

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Redsnowflake, I just sent you an e-mail, but incase you don't get it. I just want to tell you to not worry about sending out untill after you have your baby and things are back to normal. I wouldn't want you to go into labor being out in the sun, and digging iris.

I'm heading out the door, but will be back home Friday sometime. I will be mailing you package tomorrow.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Annie,

Didn't get your email, so thanks for the post. I appreciate your consideration. I'm scheduled to be induced on the 23rd, so I'll likely be back home on the 25th. First week or so will definitely be kind of hectic, but there should be no reason I couldn't get yours sent out to you by the 1st week in October.

If nothing else, I'll make Dear Hubby go out and dig some. He's the one who got them for me to begin with, so he won't mind. He's such a sweet hubby. :)

Anyway - will let you know when I get mine and also when I send yours.

~Amanda

• jennid
    16 years ago

Maria, Thank you for being My partner, your box arrived today, and I can't wait to see them bloom. I hope you enjoy your. Thanks again jennid

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Annie~

Received the package today. Thank you so much for the extra goodies you've included! I cannot wait to see how everything looks next season! :)

I will get yours out to you as soon as reasonably possible. I'll be sure to post the confirmation number once they are shipped.

Again - thank you so very much!

Hope everyone has a blessed day and stays cool in this insane heat!

~Amanda

• jennid
    16 years ago

Marie, Your package is waiting for you, I sent you an email Hope you got it. please let me know. I am pulling hair Out. UPS said they sent you a post card to let you know. They need delivery instructions. Thank you jennid I am sorry I never thought about them not being able to deliver to a post office. Thanks again Jennid

• wynative
    16 years ago

Jenni,

Thanks for letting me know! I couldn't remember if I gave you my work address or not...

I called my husbands boss's wife to get my favorite USP drivers Mom in Laws phone # to get favorite USP drivers cell phone to see if it was on her truck.... No, so she gave me other driver's #'s but not there either... so I got the secret # for the main office in Cheyenne and they will be deliverying it to me tomorrow at my house :))

It is not who you are it is who you know! LOL

Thanks again and have a great weekend,
    Marie

• jennid
    16 years ago

I am so glad.I just didn't think I guess. I am so sorry, It just never dawned on me that UPS did not deliver to post office. Hope you like them.

• wynative
    16 years ago

Jenni,

I got my box yesterday - they couldn't find my house on saturday??? They were a little dry but I am sure they will be fine. They are all tucked into their new home ~ can't wait till they bloom in the spring and see what colors I have!

Thanks!
    Marie

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Annie - got yours mailed out today. I feel bad because they are so much smaller than what you sent me. :( I hope you aren't disappointed. I did include some gladiolus bulbs as well. I hope you like them!

Confirmation #0306 3030 0000 7562 0588

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Amanda, Thanks for letting me know, and not to worry, iris are tough, they will grow. Also thanks for the extras. Be sure to update us on your new arrival! :O) :O)

Again, thanks to you all for joining. We will have to do this again next year.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Amanda, I got you box today, and THEY ARE NOT SMALL. I also want to thank you for the extras, will store them, and plant them in the spring.

Thanks so Much!
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Annie - glad you got them and that you don't think they are small. I was afraid you'd think they were puny. LOL. Would have replied sooner, but I'm happy to announce I had my son at 3:40 AM Friday morning! I've been doing the happy dance ever since. :)

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gongrats on your new baby, but now we want pictures :O) :O)

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• wynative
    16 years ago

Annie - so glad to hear that baby 'David' has arrived & both of you are doing well!!

Ditto on the pictures! :))

Marie

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Presenting... Baby David:

On his birthday:

With proud papa:

With even prouder big brother:

At 4 days old:

I woke up Friday morning at about 1:55 AM to strong contractions that were about 3-4 minutes apart. I woke up DH at about 2:20 and we got our oldest up and headed out to the hospital. Got there at 2:55 AM. I was already at 9cm dilated and 100% effaced. David was ready to make his debut. They got me in a room and he was born at 3:40 AM - about 5 minutes after my water broke - leaving me no time for an epidural. Ouch! LOL - but it was so much more than worth it. He's such a sweet angel - just like his big brother. I am so blessed!!! =D

• wynative
    16 years ago

I can't see them :(

Marie

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Hmmm... they're through Photobucket. Maybe their site was temporarily down. Hopefully you can see them now. LMK.

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marie, hehe, the baby is not mine, not that I wouldn't take him! I want to be grandma!!!!!

Redsnowflake, congrats, you have such a beautiful family

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie