Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
new: MNF 'Garden Junk'

Posted by dirt_under_my_nails 7 Murrayville, GA (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 14, 08 at 15:30

Bowling Ball yard art
Calling all "Garden Junkers" !!!! Come join us as we decorate our gardens!

Plastic Flamingos,Bottle Trees,Tipsy Pots or maybe that lady bent over gardening sign!Tea cups as birdfeeders,clay pots as animals,silverware as windchimes!!!!!Afraid of what the neighbors think?? Wellll..... cute garden signs,painted rocks, & normal windchimes acceptable too!!

So, here are the RULES........

(1) As per GW rules, you must be at least 18 years old to participate in this swap.

(2) One garden art/junk item for your buddy. Can be homemade!!!(reduce,reuse,recycle!!!)

(3)4 DIFFERENT plants.
Seeds do not count & will be considered gifts.

(4)Signups go until August 10th. Packages must be sent by the 25th of August.

(5) Priority mailing & delivery confirmation is a MUST!(NO one wants LOST art & rotted mushy plants!!)

(6) Keep it inexpensive!

(7) Have fun !

If you are someone who likes to lurk , please post a HELLO! We love Making NEW FRIENDS! Come on in and sit a spell! Have Garden Junk? We would love to see photos!!!

Let the Junking begin!!!!

Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: MNF 'Garden Junk'

I'll sign up, April!
Speaking of signs....here's one I need!! :O)

Garden sign

o

Bunny, I HAVE that sign only it looks like a stepping stone! My mother bought it for me for Christmas because she says I'm always saying that...(which I do.."L")...

o

I'm gonna be a lurker on this one. What with my mind being elsewhere for most of the month, I probably won't have a whole lot of time to play with you all! But, be warned, I'll be poking in my head from time to time.
Hope you guys don't get as wild at this party as you did at the pool party.
Have fun, and take care!

Oh, I'm on the phone with my significant other, and she'd would like to know if pie tins with string are acceptable.
Let us know!

-Dan

o

lurker here too!! but check this out!! i seen this on daves garden so i'm sure ya'll seen this! but i thought just incase some of ya didn''t i'd put it here!! LOL
i took the plastic off the porch finally!! its much cooler!! now all i need to do is finally get things done., make the outside look much cleaner. well i just wanted to post that! many hugs!! ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: cook stuff!! making your own pots!!

o

Hey guys! It has been a long time. ( I used to be lauriegarris) Anyway, sorry I dropped off the face of the earth. I had a lot of stuff happen, such as becoming Accounting Manager, and getting engaged. So now I am planning my wedding.

I don't think I will be joining in on any of the swaps right now, as my plants are not doing too good. (I haven't paid much attention to them...I think I have one plant left)
But, if you do not mind, I would like to join in on the conversations. I miss you guys.

Laurie

o

I'm in, and HNB, I most definately need that sign, too!!

Karen

o

Hey all - sure do miss everyone!! Lots going on here and unfortunately won't be able to join this month either which had been my plan. I developed a staph infection in my foot, was hospitalized for a couple of days and then had strict orders to stay off of it for three weeks, which meant staying out of the computer room, as there was no place to put my foot up (yes I did sneak in a few times LOL). In the meantime, my grandfather just passed away unexpectedly Friday after a two day illness. He was 89 and had a rich and blessed life, but it was such a shock, he wasn't even sickly. He and my grandmother were married 68 years! I am staying at my grandmothers for a few weeks until we can figure out how we can provide for her care. Hopefully I'll be home by end of August. Take care all, have fun and I look forward to getting back into swaps as soon as I can. Hugs Em

o

I haven't even had time to catch up on all the other mnf treads yet! Wow, you guys keep me hopping! LOL

Laurie, welcome back, and nice to meet ya! I too was MIA for awhile, I just hate when life gets in the way of gardening! LOL! Congrats on the wedding and promotion!!

Vic

o

Laurie!!! Yay, you're back!! It's good to hear from you again, you had us all worried last summer! (bad Laurie!)
Glad to hear things are going well for you. :O)

Dan~ Pie tins are acceptable to me...but only because they scare the critters away from my veggies. I currently have a skunk family (mom & 5 kids) living in my backyard, and they seem to feel the need to spray every night.
The only GOOD thing about that is that since I sleep with my windows open, it makes my morning breath not seem so bad in comparison. LOL

o

Hi all! I sat out last month, really trying not to send plants in all this heat... I ended up sending some in another swap and it seems they arrived ok. I'd love to jump back in for this month's swap. Garden junk, hmmmm. This could be really interesting with this group. I've lurked in the freedom swap and you all are having too much fun. Between Dan skinny dipping and Linda boozing it up, I've missed out on a lot:) Waving through the window, Nikki

o

Hi Laurie, what happened to you last fall? We weren't sure what had happened. Shame, shame for disappearing like that. The windchime swap wasn't quite the same without you. We were pretty worried. I am glad to see that you are doing ok. Congrats on becoming engaged.

April, I would love to participate in this one, I can't believe the cool things that I've seen in the Garden Junk forum since I started peaking over there. I wish I had something fun and creative ready to go but haven't gotten anything going yet and really need to finish my projects that I set up for myself already. I have a chair that I am going to turn into a planter sometime this summer. It had a cane seat that broke through from old age, not my big hiney, I swear! Thought it would be a great way to salvage it instead of junk it!

I'll be popping in to visit though!

Emily, I am so sorry about your grandfather. I am praying for all of you. Lots of love, sweetheart.

Tracy

o

ohhh emily!! i'm so so sorry about your grandpa!! i'm so sorry about your infection too!! i sure do hope that its getting taken care of!! we'll definately pray for you! many hugs!!
Hi laurie!! nice to see you again! congrats on your engagement!! :')
~Medo

o

Good Morning All!!!
~Bunny
~Kalena
~Nikki
If I missed any other sign ups let me know!

Laurie~ glad things are going better for you. I think about the windchime swap as the worlds longest swap. I think it took 2 months to finish up! LOL!

Dan~ sure, pie tins are welcomed, but you have to jazz them up a bit..maybe glue berries & twigs around the edges!!! LOL!!

Em~ so sorry for your loss.Join in when you can.

Tracy~ be sure to post some pics when you get it done!I've got one planted chair with the white blk eye susie vine growing on it. By the time I return,it should be in full bloom.Well that is is hubby waters it before he flys out!

I gotta run.Will try to post once more before we leave this afternoon.
later...April/dirt

o

Okay, it looks as if I'll have to back out of this one. :O(

I was informed by hubby that "We need to start getting things together for the baby, and every penny we have extra needs to go toward that".
*sigh*
He's right. So it looks like I'll have to stay out of the swapping until we get everything together for the new one.
Which...intimidates me. I always forget how much stuff a baby needs. LOL
Guess I'll go start making a list, only a few more months to go!! :O)

o

Em, so sorry about your Grandfather! I hope your Grandmother is doing ok, it can be so hard on the one left behind after so many years together. It's good you can be there for her, but make sure you take care of that foot too!!

Bunny, maybe someone could send you a box of pampers as "garden junk" after all, you can use the leftover box for weed block! Or, if you really want to join and keep it an inexpensive swap (like dollar store garden junk) I would take you on as a partner! But I can understand the need to save for the new little angel!

Vic

o

Vic, that's sweet of you! Let me ask Hubby what he thinks (I'll open that can of pout on him, LOL).

Speaking of pampers...did you know that you can use the absorbent "filling" in the middle of diapers in your potted plants? If you mix a tad in with the soil, it holds the water (like that expensive stuff you can get). A friend uses that, from diapers that her kids have grown out of.
Ummmm.....but you'd want to use UN-USED pampers, I assume....LOL

o

I don't know Bunny....the used ones might make bigger blooms.LOL!!!

Vic~Dollar Tree & Big Lot's both have some great garden junk. Sorry I didn't add you to the list. Didn't know if you were just saying hello or signing up.Ya have to bear with me....first hosting gig!

Ok I'll be off here till tomorrow or later,depending if we make our connecting flight in Vegas or not. All prayers are welcomed!SmileyCentral.com
later...April/dirt

o

April, have a great trip and have lots of fun with the folks! Big hugs and of course I will pray for safe travel. Hope the kids have a blast!

Tracy

Ps, you'll have to take a pic of your chair for me. I'd love to see it!

o

April, I'm still thinking about it...just reading about it to see if it's something I can do or if it will turn out looking stupid for the poor person that gets me..."L"...

o

April Have fun!!! Our prayers are with you!!
And I didn't sign up when I posted, so you didn't miss me! I'm on a budget too, that's why I mentioned the "cheap trade" with Bunny.

We will see what happens Thursday, I have a court date with the judge for unemployment. They don't feel that quiting my job to move 1500 miles across the country so that me and my then 2yr old son could be with his Father and older brother was a good enough reason. Evidently, seeing his Dad 3 times over a 9 month period of time is plenty, even though at that age it is not near enough time to bond with a parent IMO. And that I should have had a job lined up when I got here, I tried to explain that I am listed on job searches, and even with the state of MT. You can't find Medical Asst. jobs out here, they want LPN's or RN's. So, while everyone is praying for Aprils safe and happy trip could you throw a little thought in there for me too please!
Vic

o

ohhh yes!! and while everyone is at it, ohh please please pray for a coworker of grants, her daughter is in icu and her husband is in the room accross the hall, the daughter was trying to save a guy from being hit by a car the other night and shoved him out of the way, in the process she got hit, and the guy drove off. she is on ventilator. we don't know whats up with the husaband, but between the two the wife is sooo fried@! no sleep and she works 8 hr shifts, and this is a job where if the next person don't show up she gets stuck with their shift. so please pray for her. and her family. Vic we will keep all of you in our prayers!! there's alot of people that is in such need of prayers here lately, i just am sure that i don't need to say that if you arent sure where your faith lie's, now is the time to find out. i'm not that outspoken when it comes to this but i REALLY feel this is very important now than ever!! ya now, that need to say that!! i keep telling hubs, its time to get it straight!! he's the head of the house so he has to make sure to get "back" to church or we all here pay the price for his failings. ummm financially and such. again, LOL i tell him, its that "feeling" in my bone again. LOL (yes, i speak to fast to soon! and in riddles and.......etc. sorry!! LOL) hmmm....how many country listeners here?? ~Medo

p.s. April, definately praying for a safe landing and such but especially for your hubby's safe feeling!! LOL (((HUGS)))

o

Vic, I am praying for a happy outcome for you with the Judge. I am glad that they are hearing your case. Most times around here it just gets denied and that's the end of it. Way to go, you tell 'em how it is. I don't think there are too many better reasons than to reunite your family. Family is first and times are getting tougher everywhere.

Medo, I am so sad to hear about Grant's co-worker's daughter. What a brave thing she did for that person. I am praying for her and her family.

o

Wow Medo, that woman has got to be going through H***! Her daughter AND husband! Does make ya think that it's not all that bad on your own side of the fence huh? Keep us posted on how they do. Do they have any ideas at all on who the driver might be?
I will keep them in my prayers.
Vic

o

OMG ya'll. I am so sorry. I had a lot going on at work and I got promoted to manager at that time, so I did not have time for myself. With installing a new computer system at work, and I am the computer guru, everyone came to me. Everything that I was doing on the side had to be nixed. I stopped all of my planting, cross stitch, reading, cleaning my house, everything! I had no life. UGH! Things have started to calm down finally. They got a person to help me. I am still stressed out and have not been able to sleep the past couple of nights, but hopefully things will get better.

o

April, I've been doing some re-thinking of my lurker status for this swap, so sign me up as a swapper! I can check in while Paula's at work while I'm at her house, and I'll be back home either on the 18th or 19th, so I can do some digging in the ol' garden that following weekend to get my partner some plants. And who knows what I'll find for the garden on my trip in New York! I think there's a flea market near her, so we can shop together for my partner, and our garden back in Michigan!
Cross your fingers everyone! If all goes well, Paula could be moving in with me by the holidays!!! YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!

o

This one has been haunting me since the day I first noticed it.... do I have time? school starting, daughters in fair & parade, need to finish enteries for fair, hosting a swap...
Sign me up! ~ I love garden junk and homemade is my favorite!

HNB - I have a bed that I have been planting things in for 6 years, nothing has ever came up untill this summer! I have 6 or 7 different bunches of 'lovelys' peeking through, some as tall at 2 feet right now! I have NO CLUE what they are but am excited to see them bloom :) I need more than one of your signs!
Oh, the pink glad's you sent are starting to bloom!
Glad
This is the first one, that has ever bloomed for me ~ isn't it pretty?? :) THanks Bunny!

My neices and nephews are giving me new 'greats' all the time, my oldest sister has 8 kids!! It can be a little over whelming when you start thinking about all the stuff that will be needed just to bring a baby home! For each of the great - neices and nephews, as a birth present I make diaper cakes. My daughter and I have so much fun doing them & the diaper's can still be used! Maybe your partner can make a bird bath?, then it would be useful and cute... LOL

Marie

o

Here's a great use of garden junk!!
(the video is cute for all ages, really! my kids love it!)
The other video's of his are really cute, too...especially the wake up one! :O)

Here is a link that might be useful: Let me In!!

o

Wish I could play, but as usual we have heat and water issues that just make it impractical to send plants (and to be honest I don't know what to do with all of the ones I have now! Besides that the only garden 'junk' I have at the moment is a ton of broken brick, tons of buried gravel and several kilos of broken pottery (anyone who wants some is elcome to it, but I suggest you come here and get iteven flatrate boxes have weight restrictions! ha ha ha!

Marie (wynative) before I forget, I have been meaning to drop you a line with a gquestion, I recieved a packet of seeds with your name on it and wondered if you could provide additional info? The packet says 'mixed hibiscus' I am wondering if you could tell me if they are perennial or not. I have them growing in a large pot right now and they are getting quite large, if they are perennial I will find a spot for them in the garden, if they are annual I will just thin them and leave them in the pot! Any ideas?

Have a great day everyone! I wish I could swap, but I am going to have to wait until it cools off around here!

Frances

o

its funny i got some hot pink hibiscus in a trade from someone, don't remember who, and well....they are NOT that, in fact they are some kinda datura, that's what the blooms are. i was really looking forward to the hibiscus!! LOL so sad!! they were the only one's that turned out!! :'"
keeping fingers crossed for you dan!! very cute video hnb!! LOL
hi frances!! how ya been??
Hugs ~Medo
hoping you had a safe landing and trip today!! :'>

o

Frances ~ I don't remember trading with you but yes, all of the hibiscus seeds I had are winter hardy in zone 4/5. I have 7 right now and they are BIG, so be sure to give them plenty of room. 6 of mine have no shelter from the winter cold or winds at all and come back better every year ~ yours should do great where you're at.

Glad to hear they are growing for you :)
Marie

o

;) Michele
I am great, hope you are too! I have lots of those 'oops' plants in my garden, most are happy mistakes! I just 'compost' the ones I don't like!

These plants are definately hibiscus (I don't have flowers on them yet, but the leaf and plant form looks right) I am just not sure what kind of hibisus! (BTW I have some seeds left, if you want them you are welcome to them)

Te leaf looks right but is lighterin colour and not as tough as the tropical ones that I have, they don't look like althea either (which is also called hibiscus around here)

Send me your address if you would like the leftover seed. They are very pretty plants.

Frances

o

oh i soooo will!! if you get some off of your tropical ones i'd LOVE some of them, hmmmm...if my mandevilla gets some seeds i'll send ya some!! she's a red hood, no smell unfortunately but a sure enough beauty!! i'll definately have to put her in the gh this winter!! LOL
ok, my hubs just does love me!! yep he does!! LOL i scored on 3 not 2 barrels!! so i'm giving one to my neighbor if he wants one, and if he don't i'll use it for a strawberry tower. LOL
but he had to work to night afterall and took me to get it, but here's a really cool part, we took all these plants to this lady, and she was so very happy!! and so so surprised that i did bring them!! it was really nice to see tha happiness on someones face ya knwo!! LOL she was really happy!! made me happy, now i feel so very weird but happy!! LOL i sent scotrell one of my mango's! and man is that friend of mine ever so very happy!! LOL i have 2 left, one is growing really well the other has lost all of her leaves :'( she is just the sweetest!! ~Medo

o
we made it!!!!

Afternoon Everyone!!!!
We made it safely with no delays! Thanks for all the thoughts.Waiting on my sister & niece to come over.Can't wait to see them!!!

So glad to be adding Dan,Marie & maybe Linda to the swappers list.Plus having lots of lurkers too!!!WOO HOOO!This is going to be fun, fun, fun!

later....April/dirt

o

i noticed all of "them" lurkers LOL i'm just making sure everyone behaves for you while you were gone! LOL taking the apron off now, LOL putting the ruler away and now taking a nap now that april is here!! ya do have a "good" bunch here, LOL ~Medo waiting for the laundry to spin out so i can hang them up!! LOL

o

Marie

If they can survive your winters, they wont have any problems here unless the heat bothers them! (It doesn't seem to)

I am sure that you and I have not traded directly. I don't remember exactly, but I think I got these in a seed swap. The packet is well worn, must have done some travelling, I do love travelling seeds! There are some real treasures out there looking for new homes! I think this is one of the things I enjoy most about GW. Sharing. A little packet of seeds can travel back and forth across the country leaving a little beauty everywhere it stops!

Michele,
I got your message! Watch your mailbox! Lucky girl with a greenhouse! I brought my mandevilla into the shed overwinter last year, it came back, but very slow. I have never seen a seed on it. It just flowers and flowers and more flowers. This year I am going to leave it in the ground and mulch the crown very thickly and hope for the best.

Safe travels to you April!

More later everyone!
Frances

o

Hi everyone! I'm still here, just been, oddly, really quiet lately. There's been a lot going on here since the wedding. A few blessings, but mostly stuff that takes a lot of time, strength and faith to deal with. I'm crawling along at this point.

I just wanted to drop in and say hi and that I'll at least try to be a little more sociable. I've got those prayer requests on my prayer list and have shared them with my MIL as well.

Unfortunately and with great regret, I'm going to have to opt out of this one too. It doesn't seem some days like I'm ever going to be able to have the extra funds to join another swap. But right now I've got to concentrate all finances to Cliff being able to have gas to run his route, getting the kids ready for school- they have all three outgrown every stitch of clothing they have. And to continuing to struggle to find a job that won't cost me more in gas than I'd be making.

So, you guys have fun and I'll try to drop in more often and chat. Just difficult sometimes because here lately things are weighing on me and I've been a little depressed. So, if you all would, please keep me in your prayers. I very much need them.

I'm managing a few small trades lately to keep my spirits up some. Marie, Regina and of course Melissa have been heaven sent. You guys don't realize it, but your offers and emails have been my sanity and optimism. Just the thought of those HB seeds from Marie and discussing the trades with Regina and Melissa have made me smile. Something Cliff's been grateful for as well.. the poor man cannot stand to see me upset, stressed, worried and depressed. Unless I'm smiling and happy it drives him nuts. So he wanted me to thank you guys as well :)

Off to clean the house, love and miss you all.

Kathy

o

Kathy, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we will keep you in our prayers!

I know just how very stressful and trying on one it can be in times like this. I've also been looking for a job that pays enough to cover gas and daycare, Jamie works out of town often so it's not even possible for us to work different shifts and avoid daycare. I have been doing some trading too, and going to do a swap or two also just to keep some sanity and fun going on! I learned that the best medicine for me is to keep busy and keep gardening. And with the price of gas these days I find things around home to keep me busy!

And REMEMBER!!!! We are here for each other in good and bad times, sickness and health, for richer and for poorer! YES it is kinda like a big marriage! In a not so perverted, bygamist way! Hmmmm, maybe I should have left out the "not so perverted way" with some of the goings on around here LOL!

Keep us posted, and do stop by for some humor and relief often, we are here for you!!

((BIG HUGS))
Vicky

o

Kathy
Things will get better! We are all pulling for you. You are a very lucky girl to have found such a supportive spouse! You don't have to swap to have fun and be part of this group (at least I hope so, I can't do much swapping either, heat, drought, DH just barely back to work)

Chin up Girl!

Michele, the SEEDS are in the MAIL! I just planted the Hibiscus plants into the garden (on the BAD neighbor side, maybe they'll get big enough that I can forget all those noisy rat dogs!) There were so many foot tall plants that I called my MIL and gave some to her too! SIL is next!

Have a great day everyone!

Frances

o

thank you so much Frances!! i'll be watching in the mail!! (((HUGS)))
Kathy!! i do hope things get better for you!! and do please stop in and say hi and such, you know you are alway such a blessing, and if even its kinda sad, its ok!! we all have big shoulders!! i know!! hey my shoudlers can handle it!! i'd send ya some if i had some for a future trade if i could!! LOL ohhh don't i know about the gas, hubs does a 80 mile round trip for work so i worry, talla outgrows her clothes tofast!! she didn't get my genes!! LOL or she'd be SHORT!!! LOL
we'll keep you in our prayers too Kathy!! ((HUGS)) ~Medo

o

Like my girlfriends & I used to say in high school..."You can ruin my shirt any day!" * We used to have crying spells where we'd lean on each other, and by the time the water works were finished, we'd all have soaked shirts! (we used to keep extra's in the lockers, so if we were ever wearing white.......!!) :O)

I think that's what Medo was trying to say, right, Medo? That's what friends are for...ruining each other's shirts! :O)

o

and sharing a cup of tea, sitting a spell and listening...."S"

o

Kathy,

dito on the tea party - we are here for you!
tea party

Hang in there GF!

o

Vic, maybe, instead of a marriage, it's more like having a huge family that really cares. I come from a large family, and it seems like someone is always fussing with someone else. But here, we all party together, cry together, hug, smile, watch over, lift up, and share ourselves with one another.

Kathy! Chin up kiddo! Believe it or not (no, we're not gonna have a Ripley's moment),these are the times we're going to be calling "the good old days" when we're old, cranky, and waiting on our meds to be brought around by the orderlies. When I was a student teacher, one of my advisors gave me some very sage advice. I've used it for years, and now I'm passing it on to you. Remember, in the darkest hours, when you're feeling the loneliest, and all you can do is blubber, keep telling yourself "This too shall pass." It works. I say this from experience, having blubbed many a time.

Dan

o

*BIG HUGS TO ALL*

You guys are great, you know that? Even when I want to curl up in a little ball while the Fates kick the living daylights out of me, you guys still make me smile :)

I just keep repeating to myself that there's always a rainbow after the flood...

LOL and Linda gave me the perfect term along with martyr complex to describe my mother... physic vampire! That's her to a "T"!

Well, after the ugliness my ex pulled over me asking him to help with the kids' school stuff, Tiffy has decided she needs to do with him what I've done with my mother..just leave them out of our lives. Of course he got mad at me.. it's my fault that she's upset with him. So, I keep getting nasty emails from him. I just haven't answered the lat three. Cliff said to hell with him. We'll manage and make him continue paying child support and then once the kids turn 18, Cliff will see about adopting them. In the meantime, that they have a Dad who loves and supports them in all ways.

Well, I'm gonna go lay in the sun a few minutes and see if that will help some of the tension in my shoulders. I'm still waiting for the dealership service dept to call us again about Cliff's new (in Jan.) van. Seems it's gone through a set of brakes every 3000 miles probably because of the master cylinder. Dreading knowing how much all of this is going to cost. And how long we're going to be without a car since I had to take mine back to the car lot the same day that Cliff's brakes, with not so much as a squeek warning, went metal to metal on the way home from the lot.

Uggg... rainbows, sun, relaxing tension... chamomile tea... lol, I think I need some valerin (sp) in my garden...isn't that a sedative? LOL, or Marie's suggestion of vodka works too...whiskey...

Kathy

o

"handing over the Bailey's"..this always helps too.."wink"

o

Well, I just had me a good old fashioned BEER! Even cutting back on that, had to go from Mich Ultra to Bud light, but hey, it's cheaper than milk these days! LOL

o

I just had some fresh cherries and bailey's-flavored haagen dazs for dinner. I think I'm gonna stop at the 1/2-way point on the quart of cherries though, my tummy's making some funny noises... ah well, I guess I'll save the watermelon for breakfast, eh?
Talk to you all later! Have a great night everyone!

-Dan

o

DAN Were those Michigan cherries????
Man I sure miss those!!

o

I am allergic to cherries, but I love them anyway.....

oh well, I guess I will just have to console myself with PEACHES! Big fat fresh sweet-tart and juicy! The kind of juicy that runs down your arms while you eat em even though you wrapped it in a paper towel and leaned over the sink to do it!

oh yummy!

o

Mmmmm, I've been munching on some beautiful cherries for the last week. Every time I turn around my daughter is sneaking and getting some too. They are soooo good! We went to the Red Wagon Farm yesterday and stocked up on some sweet corn, cherries, sweet onions, zuchini, summer squash, and my favorite apricot jam! Yum! Toast and Jam anyone? I'll pass the plate!

Kathy, I remember how tough it was getting through the money stuff and the stress of everything when my oldest was younger. I was a single mom for a long time. We were never married and I refused to go after him for support because that meant the courts would give him the right to get involved, visitation, etc. So I kept it out of the courts. He was not a nice man, still isn't and I'm glad I went this route. My son turned out pretty well, I married a wonderful, strong man much later. Things were pretty tight at times but that is a price I would be willing to pay over and over again. I am praying for you. Get some rest, regain your strength, stress wipes us out so badly. Giving you a big hug from far away.

o

Vic, not only were they MICHIGAN cherries, they'd only been off the tree for a few hours when I picked them up! I have some cherry-growers on my mailroute, and I'm definitely enjoying this time of year! The lady who gave me the cherries yesterday also has apple, peach, and pear orchards. This fall is gonna be another good one! Last year she was always putting some kind of fruit in the box for me to snack on! I think she's trying to make me healthy! LOL!!!

o

Well....every year I give my mailman a candy cane!

Oh..and at least once a year I manage to flash the poor feller. Every time is accidental, I assure you. LOL
He just happens to pull into the carport JUST as I'm changing, and my bedroom windows are in the car port...................................and I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's NOT so accidental on his part....Hmmmmm.....

o

LOL that's just too funny, hmmmmmm......maybe not accidental on your part bunny!!! LOL
ever since i changed to making l soap and dish soap, i saved huge, ohhhh and the the softner!! i'm still working on the dish washer soap, but i tell ya, we don't spend near as much and my kiddo's don't itch near as much! i know ya'll need that money, i told hubs, man if you and i ever broke up, (as if we're still kids) i know the one thing i DON"T want from him is his damn money so he'll be butting into my dang life, he's very controlling when it comes to money!! so he'd be wanting to know what was spent on. he'd be wearing me down. so no way!!! and also if the kiddo's didn't want to be with their dad then i wouldn't have to make sure they were there. blah blah blah. ya know we will still keep praying for you!!
DAN!! and FRANCES!! you are so lucky!! fresh fruit!! LOL we had some cherries, kinda sour but good, off of our tree, good though, bethany said they are pie making cherries. i say, hmmmm,,,,they just taste good, but too many of them give me that indegestion. LOL now talla, she wants to climb our tiny tree to get the one's that are to far up for me to reach, LOL and her new thing, now she wants me to reach all of the upper trumpets so she can get the "honey" out of them. i told her "dude!!!" i'm to short!!! LOL so she say's MOM you can LIFT me so i can reach them. LOL she's so funny!! ~Medo

o

Medo, maybe you could tell Talla the "honey" in the trumpets at the top is for the fairies. That'd save your back, and I'd bet Talla wouldn't mind sharing with the fairies! LOL!!! In fact, you could also tell her the same about those cherries, calling them "fairy cherries"!
Good Luck!

o

you know, when my daughter was younger and had knots in her hair (she had very thick, long curly hair) I used to tell her this:

There are fairies called Knot Fairies. Every night they look around for little girls with long hair so they can play it in. They bring little fairy peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches and eat them while having a picnic. Of course, while they're playing, they end up getting peanut butter in the little girl's hair. They also like to tie little tiny knots in long hair just to keep in pratice for helping spiders with their webs. That's why your hair is knotted in the morning. Now if you let me braid your hair at night, then they can't put knots in your hair.

She believed in knot fairies until she was 8.."L".

SHe's going to be 18 today..."sniffling"...

o

"handing you a hanky"...it'll be okay. go rub some peanut butter in her hair and give her a good spanking for getting older. would that make you feel better?

o

ohhhhh poor linda!! thank goodness i have a few more years to go on that one, but at the rate this year has been going it will seem like no time!! :'(
i told talla that she put her hands on her hips and made that crinkled face and let out that breath. she didn't like it!! i said you don't want to make the fairies sad do you?? she said no?!! so thanks dan!!! (((HUGS))) ~ ~Medo

o
soooooo hubs said......

tabor and i were working on one of the barrels, and i asked hubs if he thought the circular saw woould work for my "door" he said no i barely worked for the wood, (i'm thinkind, well this issssss plastic, but i'm not saying anything,) so i say ok, well he goes to work and ya KNW i HAVE ta try it!!! LOL
when he came home and i told him about it he amazingly wasn''t mad that i did it!! LOL soooo. i have two more ta go!! WOOO HOOO!! MEdo CAN do something right!! LOL andddddd i made a dinner that he didn't gripe about, but i suspect that's cuz he's gonna be doing less hours and he's gonna be home more!! LOL ~Medo

o

there's a great swap starting with the pedal pushers, including lots of good, easy recipes being posted.

o

that's awesome!!
hey!! i (we) went and got my truck full and when i say full, boy do i mean totally full of horse/goat poo!! man i am the happiest gal around!! and i have 1 barrel done and 1 more on the way, as soon as hubs goes to work, then we'll bring the ohter in and zip the top right off!! LOL then i'll have 2 composter and 1 strawberry tower! LOL YAY!!! LOL ~Medo

o

Hey Michele, I always knew you were full of...well, you Know What! lol! Way to go, lot of work shoveling all that...stuff! You'll sleep good tonight!

Smiles!

Tracy

o

actually, tracy, guess what?? tabor did all of it!! LOL that boy is just amazing me at every turn!! LOL
dude I'm soooooo full of it, its so amazin'!!i'll be the very first one to admit it!! :') LOL
but when we get the next load i'll get to unload it! i'll surprise him.
he did one more flower bed for me, and its screws were to short so it fell apart, so we decided that we like the way he did it before, he nailed em in, then hammered the nails down, so its better than the screws or even if the screws had nuts. so he's gonna do that tomarow. he's to sweet!!
so yesterday i was reading in the soil forum, and i came across a post about wendy2shoes who had put her compost in the blender and added it strait to her flower beds, let me tell ya, they looked lovely!! so i got to thinking, why couldn't i just do that but add it to my compost in the barrels? along with the grass clippings and shredded paper and such? so i did that only with the food processor, only when i got to the corn cobbs, it dont do so well. LOL and well it kinda blew up!! all over my kitchen, hubs was not happy!! i said are we still going to taco tuesday?? he said ya, so we went, and when we came back later i totally cleaned the kitchen. i know. all of ya woulda cleaned the kitchen right then, LOL i just am one of those procrastinators. LOL but now its cleaner than it has bean in ages!! LOL **now if i can just keep it that way!!**
and tabor is making talla a outfit, its a skirt and shirt, from one of those easy simplicity it has the ruffled skirt. he's very excited about it. so far so good, when he's all done i'll have to post the pic of what it looks like!! all thogh as long bodied as talla is the shirt may be a belly shower. ummmmmm...... i have to think of something. hubs is NOT gonna go for that!! i gaurantee that!! LOL
Hugs ~Medo

o

Hi All!
Just peeking in for a few seconds. Having lots of fun & spending loads of time with my niece. We went to the "Hemp Fest" on Sunday. It was very ummmm....interesting.Found out it is ok to go topless here in Eugene as long as you aren't trying to suduce anyone.Not that I would do it, but my first time seeing people walk around that way!! It was only one lady ,but I was sorta shocked!
Anyway Hubby flys in tomorrow night. Saturday market, the coast, and Portland zoo are on the agenda for next week.
later....April/dirt

o

April, glad you are having such a good time!! Come on! Ya only live once! Let those babies out! LOL

MEDO, I can't believe you put a corn cob in the FOOD processor! That is not food! ROFL

No, I would have been right there with ya, out the door to dinner, the mess can and will wait!

Tabor is pretty handy! Could you send him over here for the rest of the summer please! Can't wait to see the outfit, and BTW, where are pics of the other stuff he's done????

Vic

o

Hmm...And here I thought the entire PURPOSE of going topless was to seduce someone........
Guess I'm old fashioned!! :O)

o

ya me too!! uhhh the only time i go topless is in the shower or ya know!! and the lights are out!! hubs likes em but i'm very shy about em!! LOL

it was food once!! LOL
are you by roseburg?? that's where my brother and his wife live.

ok, i'll post the pics of the pile, and the one barrel, hmmm...and what else did the little man do?? he just does soooo much!! LOL Hugs ~Medo

o

well, I know I was told "no brownies", but you all can go topless if you wish! I won't mind! LOL!!!

o

Um, Medo, are you asking me about roseburg? as in Michigan?
I'm not in MI anymore, I'm in Montana (it's a little west of MI LOL) But, when I was in MI I was around the Flint area, only about an hour away! My Dad lives in Ubly, and the rest of my Family live in Bad Axe, which are a little north of Roseburg.

Now I'm about 24hrs/1700 miles away :(

o

anyone know of a web site to track wild fires??

Jamie just called me, he is still at work, and asked if it was smokey out, I looked, yes it is, but we had smoke around here from the fires in canada, so it doesn't worry me too much. He informs me that there is a wild fire a little west of us, I checked the news, seems that it's ONLY 800 acres right now and Jamie assured me that it's AT LEAST 34 miles away. That made me feel better (ya right!)

I'm guessing it must not be too bad, evidently an 800 acre fire isn't that big around here?!? But I would like to find out some info, like just how far away it is. If anyone knows how to "track" these things PLMK.

And if I become MIA, that means it got closer and we got evacuated! LOL

Vic

o

**laughin' at Medo and her corn cobs.. you nut! hehe and what a great lil pooper scooper ya got there! send him my way! lol

***thinks Bunny goes around topless aLOT (such the hoppity seductress...) LOL p.s. THANKS for the seeds!! They're goin' in my WS'ing stash! :)

***April ya just threw my mind for a loop there... I must've missed at first that you're out of town at the moment... I was thinking dang.. hemp fests and topless women wandering around.. in GA no less.. who woulda thought we were so wild 'n crazy! LOL I know I know I finally fig out you're NOT in Ga right now.. :P

***Kathy I'm right there with ya! Life is crazy~chaotic for me right now... but I do so enjoy gettin' on here and reading all the crazy goofy things everyone has to say.. def brings a smile to my face!

Hugs all,
Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

o

Well, Wendy...Ya caught me. LOL
Actually, I WOULD go around topless more often if I actually had anything to be proud of.....and if I didn't have a housefull of kiddos...and if my hubby was actually ever home...and..and..and....! LOL
Hmm...come to think of it...maybe that's WHY I have so many kiddos....?

o

LOL! See, if I ran around topless, Cliff would HAVE to be home all the time! God saw fit to give me a double dip, which I think was really unfair! However, when it comes to swimming or water skiing, I don't need any extra safety equipment! :P

Good to see you Wendy!!! We've missed you and I've kept you and your Mother and family in my prayers. I hope everything's going as well as it can.

We just had a yummy dinner with a new recipe I was trying out, I posted the recipe over in the Petal Pusher's new swap, if anyone's interested. Then we took the boys for a walk to the park that's a block from the house. Let them play for a bit. I'm gonna go out and water here in a bit cause it's still not gonna rain here in the next couple days and my gardens are whimpering. We were suppose to have gotten some rain a few days ago, but it died before it got to us and my fall okra plants died. I'm debating whether or not they'll have time to mature and produce before the first freeze. I was planning to freeze and can those for the winter :(
Trying to decide what else would be able to mature and produce if started from seed in the next week. I'm kinda scatterbrained at the moment, seems nothing is clicking for me as far as fall veggies to plant.

Working on plans for new beds along my fence lines, so if anyone has any ideas for what to do with a 96'L x 48'w x 2'deep area, speak up! I'm sick of looking at the privacy fence!

I'm actually thinking about putting some fall veggies in along some of it, if I can decide what to plant.

And speaking of WS stashes, anyone making plans for what they're gonna WS? I'm thinking I should start deciding, but like everything else right now, can't make up my mind about anything!

I think I'm just gonna go to Sonic and get one of my special choco-orgasm shakes! Maybe ODing on chocolate will help me get things back together!

Kathy

o

Michele, I am so impressed by that young man of yours! He did all of it himself? Holy manure! Give that boy a big smooch and tell him that was from me for being such a huge help. And he did the new bed too? Gonna swoon! He is awesome!

Can't believe you put a corn cob in the food processor. Just shaking my head and wondering how you thought that would work out well? ROFLOL!

Photobucket

o

Kathy....I think you must have a different Sonic than I do......
What in the WORLD is a "choco-orgasm shake"??!
Tell me, cause I NEED to know!!! LOL

o

LOL, it's a chocolate Sonic shake, large, of course, with extra chocolate and hot fudge. It's fantastic! Something I came up with when I was having a real serious chocolate craving and wanted ice cream when we stopped at Sonic.

Ohhhh and two amazing ice creams- Blue Bell's Chocolate Almond Marshmallow and I think the name of the other is Chocolate Extreme. Now, these are for SERIOUS chocolate cravings!

Kathy

o

Hi ladies (and Dan), Just checking in. It's been a crazy week. It always makes me laugh to come in here and check up on everyone. Medo, that kid of yours is something else, if you ever come down to Georgia....
Going topless, my husband would love it but my kids made support MANDATORY, ya know?!?? ROFL I'm excited about this swap, been doing a little research in the garden junk forum - WOW - I'm really feeling talentless. I saw a cool plant marker made out of old car tags, cool plate flowers, and a cool plant sign among lots of other things. Hmmmm, this one is going to be a challenge.
Winter sowing, yall are going to have to help me get started with that. I need to know when and what, spell it out to me please as this will be my first year. I've lurked a little on the WS forum as well as the seed exchange forum. Gardenweb is becoming quite the addiction. My husband calls it my garden porn...
Well, yall have a great week! Nikki

o

ohhh my!! it so is!! i go to alot of the ones, humming bird, and the sq ft gardening!! and soil and compost!! and this one!! ohhhh ya!! and ws!!
tabor wanted me to tell ya he cut his finger on the bread maker!! he was gonna make some bread tonight. **sigh** LOL
and talla said to tell ya that they miss ya alot!! and she has been praying for wendy and her family and trina. ok now their slap fest is back on.
grant has tonight and tomarow night off!! which is really good! he fell asleep on the way home from work the other morning he said he woke up because of a weird sound in a song. i just keep praying every night that GOD brings him home safely in the morning!
i hope ya'll have a great week!!
ohhhhh i was talking to april, she's in oregon, she's by portland? my brother lives in roseburg which is also on the coast.
http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/#
http://gonw.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=gonw&cdn=travel&tm=41&f=00&su=p284.9.336.ip_p531.50.336.ip_&tt=2&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.nifc.gov/fire_info/nfn.htm
http://www.wunderground.com/severe.asp
these were some of the ones i found. don't know fi thats what your looking for?? hope that helps :') will pray for your safety!! and that the fire stays away from you all!! Hugs ~Medo

o

Good Morning Ladies!
this group never lets me down when I need a smile!

Corncobs in the food processor! medo! medo! medo! even the disposal won't chop those!

TOPLESS!!!!! I thought Traceyvine was the only one who 'inspected her jugs' in the yard(and in the winter too, sheesh they do make em tough up north)

HazelnutBunny, In case I haven't told you already, Congratulations on the new family member in process! Another beautiful baby in the house, you are definately made of stouter stuff than me, I had my hands full with one at a time!

Glad to hear that April is having fun on her trip!

And hello to everyone else too! I really wish that I could join in this month, but I will continue to stop by and say hello!!!!!

Have a great day!

Frances

o

hi
i wish i could be in this one i love jarden junk! but i got school shoping to do for 3 kids *ugh*

o

3 kids, ohhhh my!!! i thought 2 was bad enough!! **big smile** only cuz they are sooooo hyper!!! LOL geeze!! could you imagine being bunny?? her 2 girls are just little bunnies!! litterally!! LOL man tabor and talla'd have tooo much fun with them though!! LOL although maybe we'd get to sleep befor midnight, we were supposed to satart that the other night. at ten. ya right!! LOL hubs came home at 12"12 last night and we barely made it in bed and the little bugars were wide awake, didn't even try to fake being asleep!! **sigh** LOL
well we barely made the house taxes payment on time before it went to the roll, then joy woulda known we were late, she'da kicked his but!!
ya no more of the corn cobs in the food processor!! LOL he said throw them away!! i said but honey they can be in the compost, he said throw them away!!! i said ok honey. i've got tons of other stuff to put in the compost!! LOL i have a huge yard and he does LOTS of paper!! so i know i can make lots of compost!! LOL ~Medo

o

Chrizty,
The 'garden junk' can be homemade! Doesn't have to be store bought, or expensive!

I'm excited, I came up with an idea to make something out of some craft stuff I have that I would have NEVER thought of!

Medo,
just to let ya know, I seen a post on doing the food processor thing for the compost pile too and you CAN put watermelon rind in it and it won't explode! (just cut them up a little first!)

o

vic did you look up those sites that i put up for you?? did they help you any?? ~Medo yes cutting up helps!!! LOL **big grinn** LOL ~Medo

o

Thanks Medo, yes, I had found those. They were not much help. Evidently it wasn't that gigantic of a fire, Thank God!
But even on our local news, they kept talking about a small grass fire that had been out for hours. I went to their web site to see if there was anything on it, and mostly just a lot of comments from ppl wanting info on the fire that WAS burning, not the one that was out!

They got it under control last night, I guess. There is still smoke in the air, but nothing on the news. We had more news coverage of fires 1000's of miles away, than the one right in our own county!

Vic

o

well, Vic, better to be able to see someone else on the news, then to be the news, eh? Glad to NOT be seeing you on CNN! LOL!!! stay cool, and stay safe!

-Dan

o

soometimes i dont like this time of the year. we hve so many grass fires, and whats bad is you get these idiots who think its funny to go along the county roads and hiways and just throw out their cigs to see if it's gonna catch or not, and sometimes it will, if its windy enough and dry enough. or they'll throw something out that will catch. ya just want to smack them, last year they caught someones barn, house and out building on fire, lots of damage!!! they lost everything.
ok.....the girl from bullfrogs, she's much better, she'll have to have some surgeries on both ankles, theyre crushed, don't know about the father in law, i thought it was hubs, but no. sorry. but we do know one is better. grant said the lady is still very gripy so she must not be getting no sleep.
also, i was wondering if on sat, sun and mon would ya'll keep him in your prayers. he just gets no sleep. those are the days he works both jobs, and on mon he's working on 4 hours of sleep when he should at least be 16. i just wish i could drive him to and from work. but of course i don't drive that darned stick shift. and it would cost to much to drive my truck. **sigh**
many hugs!!!! ~Medo

o

OK, so how many sign ups are there?

I can join if you can find a partner that suits me :)

I am a noob, so someone that could send me plants, and receive more gifts instead of the 4 plants for themselves, would be perfect! Any volunteers?

I promise that I send awesome presents (usually spend about 50 dollars) plus shipping :)

I love receiving boxes and every time I am out shopping, I usually try to throw something in the cart that I can send to a garden buddy. Shhh do not tell the SO!

Summer classes are almost over!! Yay! And I was expecting fall classes to be starting in 2 weeks, but while I was out of town payment was due and they de-registered me. I went to sign up again and the early week evening classes are full and so are the ones on Saturdays. Can't believe them!

Anyways, off to study for my last final.I am pulling an all nighter and was taking a break while the coffee was brewing at almost 3 in the morning. At least I can just go in and take my final and come home to snooze. :)

o

at least you can take a small break!! LOL don't forget to eat a good breakfast!! and good luck!! Hugs ~Medo

o

Sign me up too. I'll have much more time to play/dig in the yard now that school's starting Aug. 20. I have several plant areas that need some work, plants divided.

Deb

o

the k12 place called me, we have to go over the kids's courses. i'm so nervous, only cuz tabor is classified as 3rd. errrr. but she said that when he shows how good he's doing in his work they'll move him up in grades, it could go fast or slow. i'm hoping fast. he should be in the 7th. he said he was sooooo nervous. so i'm sure that'd show up in the daily work. ~Medo

o

Does anyone have some extra coneflower seed they'd like to do a trade for? I just realized this week that I don't have any in my perennial garden. Now, how'd that happen???
-Dan

o

Dan
I have some of the plain old fashioned purple type if you are interested, email me

Frances

o

that's funny!! last year i had NO interest in them so i traded all of them off!! stupid me, and i had one that had a double decker!! ahhhhh (boo hoo) now, i wish i hadn't done that, ive done alot and i mean alot of growing up this year!! LOL now i like them, tabor has made me see that they are just gorgeous!!
in fact i really don't think there is a flower out there that isn't gorgeous in one way or another.
so that's on my list of getting this year!! LOL guess what?? i collected some white nicotianna!! WOW i am soooo proud of myself!! and some poppy, and some pom pom but they are mixed into gether. also some lady slipper balsam!! yay!! i'm LEARNING!!! WOOO HOOO!!! LOL ~Medo

o

ok, here is tabor working on talla's skirt, and her in her skirt and shirt. she LOVES it. and a pic of him and her. LOL now tomarrow i'm going to hopefully remember to take a pic of his 2 barrels he did and both of the beds he made. :') oh and just for kicks and giggles the pile of sh** that he did!! LOL **huge Grinn** LOL hope ya'll had a great weekend!! ~Medo

o

Ummm....Medo, did you forget the picture?!?
LOL

o

Hey all - just checking in to see how everyone is. Sure do miss you guys!! Looks like I won't be home for another 3-4 weeks. maybe I can get in Sept. swap. Will see as it gets closer.

Hope everyone is well and happy!
Em

o

ok here's the one's i forgot. OOPS!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Medo,
You tell him he did a wonderful job!!!
That is soooo cute and of course they are too!
Tabor is just one talented young man isn't he?!
I can't believe all the things he does!
Vic

o

Michele, that's it! I am adopting Tabor. I could use someone around here to help me make some curtains for the front window! He did an awesome job on Talla's dress! Way to go Tabor!

o

He is a dream! Love the outfit! What seeds are yall harvesting right now? I'm a new "harvester" and want to make sure I catch all the seeds for next year. So far, I've collected yellow hollyhock, gallardia, and zinnias. The sunflowers are still ripening. How do you harvest moonflower seed? Mine hasn't bloomed yet but the foliage looks great along the fence. April sent the seed to me in the after dark swap - Thanks April! Have a great week everyone. Mine's gonna be busy getting ready for the school year... fun, fun. Nikki

o

tabor said THANK YOU!!!! he is just so happy now!! LOL you all just brightenend his day!!
i just harvested some white nicotiana, some different poppies, and some lady slippers (balsam) and next year suni is gonna teach me how to make nail polish out of tht. how cool is that??
ohhh and some more dutura tatula.
the other night while tabor was bringing in the clothes, he caught a bat. so he made a bat house. its very rough, but i'm thinking bat poo!! we'll hang it up the clothes line since they love the clothes line so much!! LOL ok, ok i know, i still have to take pics!! it's been raining. that's my excuse!! although yesterday we were out mowing in it, and i was out weed eating in it. it was kinda lightly raining.
next week we have the appt with the k12 people for the kids, and they are gonna get tabor's stuff for 6th grade. and talla for k. not 3 for tabor. i'm like YAY!!! LOL
~Medo

o

No doubt about it, Michele! You've got some cute & talented kiddos!! :O) Gonna have to beat the girls off of Tabor pretty soon. Better tell him to start eating his veggies & working out....Talla's gonna need a big macho brother to look after her, with all the guys she's gonna have following her! LOL

I can't believe it's almost school time again! My kids start the 11th, I've been getting their cirriculum ready.
Ugh, I have a 7th grader this year!!! I feel so OLD!!! LOL
And overwhelmed!! Homeschooling 5 kiddos this year! I need Linda to send me a bailey's care & relaxation package!! AGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Okay, Bunny freakout time is over. I promise it won't happen again. :O)

o

are ya doing k12 too? i am and they start the 11 also. i'm like ohhhh my goodness!!! LOL that's like right around the corner!! did you know ks is the ONLY state that pays for k12?? i'm like soo irritated. but that's ok. LOL my kids will get a great education. and they won't have to go to school!! and YOU GO BUNNY!!!! i am sooooooo happy for you!!! what did you end up doing for homeschooling?? you'll love it!! i'm here for ya if ya ever need to vent or whatever!! and i tell ya, YOU WILL!!!! LOL starfall.com is great!! we just went to that for talla, for reading. we are currently still doing that. its totally free. it has games to, so i tell talla that if she does the reading part she can do the games later. also it has a FUNNY part to explain the vowels and th, sh, y, and things like that!! its sooo cool!! TRUST me!! i'm a mommy and i like it. but then again i'm such a kid!! LOL if ya come acrossed anything email me :') ~Medo

o

Michelle - tell Tabor I said it is GREAT!!! that is an adorable outfit and looks very well made! He is very talented!

o

Can't believe you ladies home school. God bless you!
May you have lots of patience this upcoming school year!

I am still interested in this swap! Anyone know who has all signed up for it and would anyone like to be my partner?

Christie

o

Okay, I just did a quick scan of this thread, and here's a list of the people I saw who have signed up for this swap...

April/dirt_under_my_nails (the HOST)
hazelnutbunny
lindaruzicka
kalena67
nikkineel
tracyvine
wynative
christieb199
debbya

If I missed anyone, my apologies. Please say so, and make yourself known.

I've got a bunch of pictures of my yard/garden on photobucket, so how do I get them on here? Anyone care to 'splain it to me?

Dan

o

Medo~ We're doing the Alpha Omega course, with a lot of improvising! LOL It seems that *for the time being* Arkansas has really relaxed homeschooling requirements, so we're able to pick and choose what we want to teach. The ONLY thing we HAVE to do is take the standardized tests in April & of course, let the school know by the first of August that we're homeschooling.
Oh, you also have to sign a waiver, saying that Arkansas has no responsibility for your child while you're homeschooling...basically, you won't hold them responsible if your kid ends up dumb as a rock!! LOL

I've got the first month scheduled. We're using a year-round schedule, 4 weeks on and one week off, for a total of 50 weeks for the school year. Lots of outside activities included, field trips & weekly trips to the library. Book reports & science projects....also trips to the private church school (where they've gone for the last 3 years) for some visiting with their friends & teachers.

It's going to be a busy month, but we're all excited. The kids are looking forward to it, and I can honestly say I am to. I love taking responsibility for my kids' education & being able to spend that much time with them.

I know....in a few weeks, I'll be begging for grandma to take them for a few hours! LOL

o

ahhhhh bunny your tha bomb and you can do it!! LOL BIG HUGS TO YOU!!! LOL i am so anxious!! hubs warned me!! no laxing like last year!! i said uhhhh duh, (inside of course!! LOL) **big grinn** i mean they are on a real schedual now, and with real pc's and real material, but they only have to do 10%, but i'm gonna make them do alot more than that!! that's for darned sure!! i hold the bar pretty high when it comes to education. i hate it when i can't figure out what to do!! LOL so now its pretty much done, so ya knw!! LOL they will be very busy every day and unfortunately so will i!! LOL talla will be the tough one!! errrr that one drives me nuts!!! stubborn as heck!! LOL as soon as i find her niche or whatever ya call it, she goes and changes on me!! hmmmm.... to much like me!! LOL **big grinn again LOL** ~Medo

o

My hats of to you gals doing the home schooling! I'm not so sure I could do it!

I'm going shopping for supplies this week-end for my garden junk project! I can't wait, I think its going to be a fun project. It just has to be a secret for now for my future partner! :)

April, I hope your vacation is going great!

Karen

o

Dan, I think you must have gotten a little too much sun without your sun hat on but I am not signed up for this round. I told April that I am just swamped with all of my garden projects so can't get myself overwhelmed with more projects. lol!

Tracy

o

well then, Tracy, where's the hat? it is feeling a bit hot here, and when I get into the garden, it's even worse. I got out into the dirt today, digging and planting, and was all hot and sticky after about just 10 minutes.

I've got a question for you all about posting pictures. I've got mine on photobucket now, so how do I get them here for you guys to see? I tried copying and pasting, but that didn't work. Any suggestions? I'd like to show off my jungle, but don't know how!

Later! Gotta go install the a/c in the livingroom.

-Dan

o

I just noticed that I'm on the list too....but I had to drop out. I'm not even sure I can participate in the one I'm hosting!! LOL
Here's a corrected list:

lindaruzicka
kalena67
nikkineel
wynative
christieb199
debbya

o

Thanks for reposting that. Whew, thought I was going to have to mail out another unexpected box for the month. lol!

Dan, I told ya, it's gonna have to wait until you get your hot fat head back in town from New York, gotta have time to pick out just the right one, pretty it up for you real nice and all that. Can't rush these things! lol!

Ok, posting pictures is pretty easy. After you resize them how you want them to appear on the forums then click on the html code for Websites either located below the picture you want to post in your album page or located on the right side of the picture if you have it by itself on photobucket. Then right click and choose copy, come back to the forum you wish to post it in and right click in the message box. Choose paste. You should be able to see the picture in the preview page before you submit the message.

I just did a test on your bird bath picture and it comes up really big on the preview page so resize it down just a tiny bit and then go ahead and post it. If you leave them as large as they are now then they will elongate all of the text in the previous postings here and make it a little hard to read.

Hope this helped you.

:o)
Tracy

o

Y'know something? I just realized I never included myself on that list! Then, of course, HNB corrected the list, and I was still not on it. Hmmm, must be all this sun shining on my "hot fat head", eh Tracy???

So, let's try again, with another attempt at a correct list...
lindaruzicka
kalena67
nikkineel
wynative
christieb199
debbya
dan_the_mailman

o

Hee hee, your poor mellon. Is it getting all red on top? I will hurry, I promise! Whew, glad to see you made it on the list. Can't skip yourself now! Silly!

So, did you try the pictures? Did I make any sense in the directions I gave you? Hope it helped.

T

o

Just popping in to say hello! This swap sounds wonderful, but I'm going to have to skip out this month due to some current health issues.

Will definitely pop in to see what's going on, though :)

Allison

o

i hope you get better allison!! or whoever it is!!
my mom is in town, YAY we get to go visit, VBS is this weekend, ahhhhh they keep getting shorter. whats the deal?? i do hope that tomarrow is a good turnout!! its usually ok, but we don't have the bigger church. so ya know. so we are gonna stay the night with mom and come back go to vbs, go back and stay the night again, MAYBE depends on how things are. LOL i do not see pics of gardens in here on this one, whats the deal?? LOL
this is the one that i'm proud of, tabor built the box, hauled the dirt for me. and put in some of the flowers when i was feeling really sick for a while.
talla and i did the rest, she planted some of the flowers, and she helped me empty the ws dirt in there, and made it look nice!! we made very mannnnyyyyy trips from the back yard to the front!! LOL in the heat and humidity!! but it was worth it for daughter time and this!!! LOL
Photobucket
it seems like everyday its filling out more and more!! LOL
now if only allllllll of the grass would die!! LOL
but the dang idiots who live around us who let theirs grow to seed, well, ya get the pic!! LOL
ohhhhhhh and ya remember the tomato/potato seeds someone was trading?? dang those dont' taste to bad. kinda good with a little salt and pepper!! on bread and........ LOL **big grinn** but the tomato's are HUGE i'm talking sandwhich huge!!! 1 slice covers a piece of bread!! i've never seen them that big!!! LOL ~ Medo

o

Heya All,

April, great job for a swap, I wish I could join this month but am going to have to pass for another month.

Medo, send Tabor down here for a couple weeks PLEASEEEE!!! He is an awesome youngun! Great job Tabor on Talla's dress and on "Momma's" garden boxes and all the work ya do! Medo your garden looks great!!!

Hope everyone has a great night!

Smiles,
Pixie

o
I'm BBAACCKKK!!!!!

Hello All! Well we made it home very early Thursday morning.Two weeks a year is NOT enough time to spend with my parents,sister & niece.The leaving is so sad it almost makes me to not want go next year. Notice I said ALMOST! Still very jet lagged & still on east coast time.I did manage to water all my plants today. The white eyed susie vine in the planted chair got fried as I thought it would . Will try to post very sad photo of it MUCH later today.

Thanks for the updated list for swappers everyone! To all that are passing this time around I've had to do it many times myself! Please still stop in to gab!!!

To all you ladies homeschooling......my hats off to you!!!I don't have the nerve. My kiddos start back on Thursday. It'll be just be & the almost 2 year old at home. Maybe I can start cross-stitching or knitting again?

I'm gonna try to get some sleep now.
Later....April/dirt

o

welcome back april!! glad you had a great time! leaving is always the hardest part!! i know that!! :'(
geeze yours start back 2 days befor mine do. i remember when school used to start in late aug. now its early aug. i think when i was little it used to be sept. heck befor you know we'll be like in germany and china. they go all year long. suni was telling me that in korea they also go all year long too. but of course in germany its half days, and they have longer breaks. i know when we were in germany while we were on summer break they were still in school. but at noon, here they come. LOL
hope ya'll have a great weekend!! HUGS ~Medo

o

glitter-graphics.com

Hope everyone is having a great day! It's scorching hot here! We got up around 5:30 this morining to go fishing. By 9:00 we had enough heat. Only one itty bitty fish was caught. My youngest got sick in the car on the ride home.GAG!!She has been sleeping for awhile now. Guess it's better if she can sleep it off. I just hope it not contagious(<~~sp?)

Got a message from Lovebnretired/Clara about joining the swap. So come on out Clara & tell us a bit about yourself. We are a nosy group!!LOL!!

later...April/dirt

o

awwwwwww medo what cuties! awsome job on the outfit:)
tell tabor he did a great job on the flower bed!!:) wish my son got into gardening!
my kids dont start school till the end of this month, cant wait lol funny how ya cant wait till summer to spend more time with them then at the end of summer ya cant wait till school starts lol, my hats off to all that home school too! dont know how ya do it! :)

o

Where is everyone?????

Brooke is much better.Her system seems back to normal. Meet the teacher night is tomorrow. Taylor is really excited to be going to back school & Brett can't wait to ride the bus for the first time.He's not too happy about having a nap time though.Poor Guy!LOL!!

We are headed out junking. 2 new thrift stores opened while we were away. Woo HOOO!!
later....April/dirt

P.S.
Tracy~ I have something for you & need your address please.

o

***packing***

o

April, Welcome back!! I'm glad you had a good time and I bet it is soooo hard to leave!

Good to hear Brooke is feeling better! Have fun junking!

Vic

o

April, welcome home! I am so happy that you had a great visit. I know how you must wish it was for longer. How is the baby doing? I hope much better! I am praying for it not to be the beginning of something, maybe just a little carsick? (whispering a little prayer!) I sent you an email. You are such a sweetheart! Big smooches!

Michele, your garden looks great! I am seriously going to have to kidnap Tabor. That little man really knows his stuff. Big Hugs for him!

My kids start back on the 20th. I can't believe it is time to go back already. My youngest son is starting kindergarten this year. Hard to believe it will be just me and my daughter at home. It will be so strange and quiet.

o

how old is emma?? isn't that her name? its so hard to remember things sometimes. **sigh**
tonight a friend of tabors came over and helped me put the door pieces in my gh, its been my holdup. and helped me square it off. also he helped me put a few other pieces together on it. actually this guy is tabors kinda teacher. he's teaching him the engine stuff. and how to do measurements. ya know things like that. so he said to get a few things done first then go ahead and finish the rest.
yesterday talla got 4 teeth pulled and when some of her perm teeth get in she's still gonna have to get 1 more pulled because she has such a small jaw line and her teeth are so big. her other one is coming in where its supposed to be, i mean that its moving to where tis supposed to be, and as soon as the stuff wore off, she was out of pain, she was not in any pain at all. she brushed her teeth as usual today. dang girl just dont do pain. LOL
good luck on your trip dan ~Medo

o

Michele, poor Talla's mouth. I can't believe how tough she is, I'm sitting here cringing and gritting my teeth just thinking about it. What a brave girl she is!

Yep, that's my little girly's name, she's 3 (and a 1/2!lol!). She and I are going to have some major one on one time. At least until her big brother gets home. He will only have 1/2 day kindergarten so will be home by lunch. Ah, only one more kid to go...

o

Michele, that poor little girl! Tell Talla I think she's one tough kid!

I'm still on the fence about joining this month, I better make up my mind! I really want to but............

I invited a newbie to come play with us! So say hi to Joan if she makes it over her, and at least Dan won't be around to scare her off! LOL *JK Dan*

Vic

o

OUCH!!! 4 teeth on the same day!!! Poor Talla!

Come on Vic....ya know ya want to join!! You said you had found some cool ideas. It would be a shame not to use them. No pressure or anything! LOL!!

Tracy~ sadly it was not carsickness. Me, Brett & Taylor all 3 were sick very early this morning.Great way to meet the teacher tonight, with everyone carrying in their own barf bag!

Dan~ good luck with your week of pleasure.SmileyCentral.com

Was there anyone who is okay NOT receiving plants this time around? I know Christie is interested in this swap but having a few plantless issues.I hope to have the buddy list posted on Sunday morning.

later....April/dirt(who wishes she had a Vernor's gingerale)

o

I just bought a REALLY neat book on how to make some AWSOME garden junk!!

This weekend I will be trying my hand at them and if they turn out decent my partner will get some :)

Come on Vicky - PLAY WITH US!!! PS did you get my very belated email? or are you still fishing? I wanted to go this weekend but I am FINALLY getting my laser surgery on the 19th! Guess I better save some pennies so that I can go shopping while I am there. I have to stay over one night - it is 3 hours away in Loveland - and since it is the day after school starts I will be by myself. Not sure how I am going to survive over 24 hours by MYSELF, shopping for MYSELF, getting to watch what I want on TV, bathroom time by MYSELF..... Oh my, a little bit of heaven! My sister is keeping my daughter and I think I will turn my phone off, also LOL

Marie

o

April~ I hope ya'll feel better soon! Yuck, that's no fun at all. Seems there is a summer flu going around, lots of folks here have it. Oh, Yay! :O(

Ooh, Marie! That does sound like fun! Well, all except the laser surgery! Although, I'm sure that will be worth it after it's done! :O)

Medo~ I've got your DL seeds nearly ready for you. I'm just waiting on a whopping big seed pod to dry, then I'll have them out. I am hoping that the seed pod is as full as it looks!! That sucker is HUGE!!!

Here is Aubeni's first corn harvest! She was excited. Although, why they call this miniature "blue" corn is beyond me....it's definitely a purple color! LOL

Photobucket

o

Hey guys! I'm a newbie and was wondering if I could join in? Vic said you guys were having a ball.

o

April, I am so bummed for all of you! ARGH! Not the FLU! I hope it passes quickly and you feel better for your meet the teacher night!

Hi EJ! Welcome to the group! We would love to have you join our gaggle of friends.

Tracy

o

April, I hope you guys feel better soon! That's just Yucky!!

Marie, the things we have to do for "private potty time"!! LOL I am jealous!! Yes, I got your email, sorry I'm so slow responding, my mailbox was full!

Jane, see, I told ya we take in ALL strays! LOL
You will have fun here, but we do tend to 'pry' into your personal life : )

IF I do play, I would also not want to do plants, I just don't have much to send......I do have a couple little ones, but that's about it.

Vic

o

Hello EJ and welcome to our bundle!

April I sure hope ya'll feel better quickly and am soo sorry it hit just when you got home!

AHH Marie sounds of the sweet life!!! ENJOY girlie girl!!!

Its still so hot and dry here although we did get some good rain from Eduard we still need lots more. It looks like it might rain some this afternoon but the way it usually works is it will rain on the other side of town and not a drop here lol. I planted some fall flower seeds (well they just don't know that they are fall seeds ;) ) and they are sprouting, YAYY, now just to keep them from drying lol.

Medo give Talla a big hug and tell her she is a very strong lil Pixie! I cringe just thinking about her having four teeth pulled, OUCHIE!!!

Pixie

o

Welcome Jane!!!We love newbies!!!!

Vic & Christie~ since you both are pretty thin when it comes to plants.....would you two want to just swap a junk/art item with each other?

Marie...so laser surgery..... that's what it now takes for some "ALONE" time? LOL!!!
later...April/dirt

o

Great! I'm going to "speriment" (That's how my daughter used to say experiment - she was not so good with s's) on you guys with this. :) If my project turns out good, I may try to make some more for Christmas gifts. You guys are obviously having a ball and I can't wait to join in! And I thought I was busy, ya'll are making me look plumb lazy with home schooling, babies, etc. Whew! I'm tired just reading about it.
Thanks again for letting me join!

Joan

o

April, I think Christie wanted someone to swap with that didn't want plants, but could send her some as she is trying to get her gardens established also.

I really need to get to the Farmers market again, they had some huge iris fans for $1.00/ea. but they are prob all gone now : (

Jamie just got a call, starts a job tomorrow!! Whoo Hoo!!
He feels much better, esp. after thinking he had at least 2-3 weeks of work up in northern montana and those guys drove over 4 hrs ONE WAY Mon (after packing up all their tools and stuff) to find out it wasn't ready and turned around and drove all the way back home! He was sooooo MAD!
And it doesn't help that he's been suffering with a tooth ache for almost a month now, but won't spend the money to get it fixed! Talk about grouchy! I was kinda looking forward to some quiet time with them being out of town....I know, I'm bad.......

Joan, what do you mean you can't wait to join in?!? You're already in! LOL
Now you're stuck! But you will enjoy it, and I know what ya mean about these gals, they are busy, busy bees! I, on the other hand am on the feeling plumb lazy side with you! I keep blaming it on getting used to living at a higher elevation in the thinner mountain air! LOL It's worked so far!

Vic

o

LOL I can't use elevation here in MS as my excuse for laziness so I'm gonna blame it on the heat! 108 in the shade with the heat index! Humidty was 89% at 7 AM. It's too hot to do anything! That's why I'm lazy.
Great your DH got a job. They're hard to find right now.

Joan

o

Same here Joan, just to blasted hot to breath! It is supposed to rain later, keeping my fingers crossed, its just ugly out there, don't even want to open the blinds to look outside, everything is wilted or crispy!

Hi everyone! Hope some of you are staying 'cool' and if anyone has any water to spare we could sure use it here!

Have a great day
Frances

o

Melissa,

Wow, Aubeni's corn is beautiful! My daughter and I have tried to grow the colored kind but the coons like it just as well as the sweet & field variaties...

April,

Hope you feel better quickly! We have a few cases here in little ones, not adults yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get it and it interfer with my 'alone' time LOL

Vicky,

Yes, it is amazing what we will do for just 5 minutes of 'alone' time, isn't it? hehehe

Just a heads up for all of you with little ones, bathroom time doesn't get any better as they grow. My daughter is 13 and my Son is 23 and they both still think it is their God given right to just walk in, hop up on the counter and start talking about who know's what!! Both of them agree that since I am the Mom it doesn't count. And to quote my darlin' baby boy, "hey, you signed up for this and just remember how excited you were when you brought me home!" I tell him one time that I was super excited when I got to bring him home finally when he was 3 weeks old and it has come back to haunt me time & time again! :0

Welcome Jane! This is a fun group - I am a newbie to.
Marie

o

OHHH France everything here is very crispy, :( it is raining again today (remnants of Eduard prolly) and we got rain from it yesterday but its sooo hot and humid it takes your breath away literally!! Its too hot to cook supper even but I am tonight, trying a new recipe that I have been craving since I saw Tracy post it. The rest of the week we are having sannies and cold salads, very light things. Frances I am hoping you get some rain soon too.

Marie you are right on the bathroom issue! I just have one son at home now with me and fox. Being the only girl in the family you would think I'd be priveledged eh?? Nopers doesn't happen that way. We do have two bathrooms but "mine" is in the very back of the house attached to the masterbedroom and sheesh its not as big as the guys bathroom lol. Although the only two that follow me back there to "talk" to me are the kiddos "Rebs and Mud"

I didn't know you were a newbie Marie.

o

Whew, I thought it was hot here today but it is only in the high 80's! You guys have got to be melting down south. I was out putting in a tiny lasagna bed next to my shed this afternoon. I totally overdid it with hauling wheelbarrows full of compost. I thought I was going to collapse afterward. Wasn't nearly this bad when I did the big bed in June! Goes to show how the humidity can make things so much worse. Yick!

Joan, you aren't lazy! Heck, with that kind of heat even breathing is hard work!

Frances, I wish we had some rain to send you but it has finally dried up here.

Trina, I am so happy that you are finally getting some good rain. I hope it sticks around. I know it's not in time to save the vegies but at least the perennials may perk back up.

Marie, you are certainly not a newbie, you've been around for ages darlin! I have a firm bathroom policy here. If I am in the Potty then do not ask me any questions, don't bother! If I hear "Mom?", I ask "Is the house on fire?, Is anyone bleeding?" The answer is always no. Then I say "Don't bother asking I am IN THE BATHROOM!!!!!" A girl's got to have some privacy! lol!

o

Marie, it isn't just the little guy that follows me in there! Jamie always feels the need to walk in and ask "whatcha doin?" Sometimes I say something like "cooking dinner" or "doing laundry" LOL

Tracy, I would love to have it in the 80's here! It's been mid to high 90's but with it being so dry it only feels like the mid to high 90's LOL, at least that's how it feels to me!

Vic

o

Evening All! Everyone was well enough to go to the school's open house. First day of school tomorrow!! Already getting teary eyed thinking about my little man's very first day of school. The house is going to be VERY odd without his little noises.

Pixie~I'm sorta glad it hit after we got home instead of while we were in the air. One diaper change per flight is all we(and those sittng near us) can handle!

later...April/dirt

o

thought I had better brush off the dirt and pop in..how's everyone doing??

o

aubeni's corn looks awesome!! she did an awesome job!! (((HUGS TO THAT ONE)))
talla said thank you!! and thank you so much for all the seeds and stuff you sent her (from befor LOL)
thank you so much hnb!!!

make sure ya'll don't have the west nile virus april!!!!!!!

o

Love the corn! I planted a row but the deer ate it. :( The high today is only supposed to be 102! Practically like a COLD front coming through. AND they're saying we might even get some rain!!!!! Yeah!!!! We're still about 8 inches below normal for the year. I'm seriously thinking about trying rain dancing if we don't get some relief soon.

Joan

o

Morning All!!!
Well the kiddos are at school. It was really sad! Took Brett to his classroom,helped put away his stuff,& I said bye gave him a peck on the cheek. When I happened to look back he was trying soooo hard not to cry! He sorta smiled & waved & I took off! Bawling like a baby of course!SmileyCentral.com
I'm good!(for now) He'll finally get to be around boys for a change instead of his sisters.I know he'll be fine & have fun.(chanting this as a mantra!)

I went ahead & posted new thread as this one is almost full.
later...April/dirt

o

(((Squeeze))) April, It is soooo hard watching them go for the first time. I get like that with each one as they cross over from being my little baby.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here