Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: obf august cookbook swap #2

Posted by sassyd z8/SC (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 29, 07 at 15:35

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ok, I'm still working on the partner list.

Since we are having a different spin on swapping this month, and I know everyone at some point in time has already completed a questionnaire, I just wanted you all to answer just a few more questions.

1. What color is your kitchen?
2. What color is your dining room?
3. Do you entertain outdoors?
4. Do you have a favorite type food?
5. Are you more a cook than a baker?
6. Do you have any food allergies?
7. Teas, coffee, lemonade, wine? which kinds do you prefer

First person to answer will receive a gift from moi!

Participating...........

Diane/Sassy
Remy
Trish/dancinmoons
Maryanne/Earthlydelights
Ananda/Seraki
Melissa/Hazelnutbunny
Debbya
Sue/SKohler
Nancy/cedarnest
Sandy/ShadyMeadow
Trina/Pixieluvplants
Melinda/ilovefarac
Sue/SueG
Renne'/rennep
Jeannie/SandlapperRose
Klickitat
Amy/amybabyboy3
Anne/Raggedyann
April/dirtundermynails
Sherril/boballi
CarolB/veeja11
Kim/lilgreenthumb
Shirley/brittneysgran
MaryEllen/Mellen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: obf august cookbook swap #2

1. What color is your kitchen? ........BLUE
2. What color is your dining room? ....GREEN
3. Do you entertain outdoors? .........YES
4. Do you have a favorite type food? ...PASTA
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? ...COOKER
6. Do you have any food allergies? .....NOPE!!
7. Teas, coffee, lemonade, wine? which kinds do you prefer:
... Love all flavored teas (except minty ones), French Vanilla Coffee, Lemonade, Iced teas, and White Wines
P.S. If anyone knows how to make that "Southern Sweet Tea" i would love to learn how for it is a favorite of my DH!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sassy, thanks for putting me back on the players list!!...Ahhhhh, i feel better now :)
((Hugs))
Trish

o
My answers to questions

Kitchen - Medeterrain colors - spanish colors
Dining room- laid back nothing formal, anything goes with white
Love to entertain round the pond, pit, and jacuzzi
Both a baker and a cook so prolly same same
No Allergies thank goodness as I love FOOD of any kind!!!
any kind of teas, chocolate coffee if any, and any kind of wines, specially neat bottles.

o

• Posted by boballi 8 Central Valley CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 29, 07 at 16:00

1. My kitchen is all wood...but I like dark blue and lemon yellow accents.
2. I currently don't have a dining room...eat-in kitchen.
3. We like to BBQ.
4. Pasta & Chicken
5. I like to do both.
6. No food allergies...but I don't care for seafood or coffee
7. I drink your basic tea and have a great weakness for Dr. Pepper.

o
oops

Forgot.... Fav. Food Type... Any and All! (well the family loves poultry but I am not a big poultry fan although I love cooking with it lol, I know Imma weirdo)

o

1. What color is your kitchen? A hodge-podge of blue, yellow & wood
2. What color is your dining room? brick red
3. Do you entertain outdoors? Yes
4. Do you have a favorite type food? Sweets/desserts/breads/CHOCOLATE! :O)
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? Nope, I'm a baker!
6. Do you have any food allergies? Sea food
All kinds of teas, ALL kinds of coffee, especially flavored. Lemonade is great..but no wine, I'm not a big drinker. :O)

o

WOW sassy, what a wonderful swap you are hosting to have already hit the second thread before it started.

these are all our members - i believe it's current. 27 members at present.

beth
shirley/britsgran
nancy/cedarnest
trish/dancingmoons
debby
jules/klick
kim/lil green
mellen
anita/nyvoices
annie/raggedy
remy
jeanne/sandlapper
diane/sassy
maryanne/earthly
sue g
sue/skohler
theresa
carol/veeja
laura (on hiatus)
amy
trina/pixie
melissa/hazelnut
sandy/shadymeadow
sherri/bobali
ananda/seraki
renne
janell/luna

o

Trish - if you're just talking about plain old sweet tea, try this. If you're talking about something else, I have no idea. lol
Just take 6 tea bags, regular size. Put them in a sauce pan with cold water, and turn the burner on about med/high to high and watch for it to boil. AS SOON as it gets to a full boil, take it off the burner, let sit 5 minutes (no longer), and take the tea bags out (i usually tie the string together and grab the strings with a fork and DO NOT SQUEEZE them).
Now the customizing part.....does he like really really sweet tea? Does he like lemon?
Start out with one cup of sugar for a gallon of tea. Put the sugar in the pitcher, then add the tea from the saucepan. Stir until the sugar dissolves then fill pitcher with cold water. Only use real lemons....not that fake stuff. Start with the juice from one. Cut in half and squeeze as much juice as you can, then drop it into the pitcher....at least I do...does add a different dimension to the lemon flavor when you throw the rind in there. If it adds a bitter flavor that he doesn't like, don't use it next time - but neva neva use artificial lemon stuff....only the real thing for REAL southern tea.
Don't drink until tomorrow - for some reason, the flavors strengthen overnight and it's much better tomorrow.

Play with that....if he likes lemon and lots of it, or likes stronger tea, you might have to use 7 teabags instead of 6. Don't boil the teabags longer - it will only make it bitter.
But start with the 6 teabags, one lemon and the 1 cup of sugar and play with it from there. The important things here is DO NOT 'over cook' the teabags - you get bitter, not better.
Gosh I'm wordy! Good luck.
Carol B

o
RE: my responses

good idea for this type of swap, sassy. you are really on the ball!

1. What color is your kitchen? yellow with green trim.
2. What color is your dining room? mauve
3. Do you entertain outdoors? i do indeed
4. Do you have a favorite type food? edible.
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? a d@#m fine cook, and an excellent baker and i am very much into preserving and canning and in the last couple of months, i've been trying to perfect bread baking
6. Do you have any food allergies? none - but i don't care for things that are overly spicy. and i'm not into anything funky or sushi!!!!
i'm a plain jane when it comes to tea, love my lipton. i do not drink coffee. i love root beer soda (pop). i do enjoy a good lemonade and i've lately been hooked on tang (LOL) i really enjoy dessert wines.

i prefer dark chocolate over milk. i enjoy anything caramel.

o
WHOOOHOO Dancing Trish

Looks like you won!!! I love reading about others likes and dislikes Sassy Diane, this was a very good thing I hope othere continue, it helps out alot I think!!!

Great Recipe CTack2!!! Exactly how we do it here in TX (well I do it) except I use the bigger tea bags (not so many) cause we like it stronger here (my family does) and lots of REAL lemons!!! We also do alot of Sun Tea. YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!
Pixie

o
RE: forgot to add

that will teach me to hit submit before the brain is done processing thoughts...

all summer i like to experiment with making ice cream, sorbet, gelato and granitas.

o

~~~ctack2 (CarolB)
Thanks so much for the tea reciepe!!..We love lemons, so the more the better i guess!!...Our weather has been very warm the past few days, so i will make some tomorrow, and give it a try, He is a Southern boy (Is Lynchburg, VA. considered Southern??)But also an Army brat,and has lived all over the world..Now he has been stuck up here in Connecticut with me for the past 17 years!!..And he never lets me forget it (but in a nice way!)...And we love our tea, so i am thrilled to get an original recipe, also with Pixie's approval LOL!!
~~I will let you know how it turns out...I wll try to surprise him with it, until he sees the pitcher in the fridge...OOPS!!...
~~What a great swap this is, i cannot keep up with all the "chatter" going on, but i love it!!...and read at least three times day to try to keep up!!
~~Sasssy!! you are doing a fan-tab-u-lous job!!
Blue skies to all!!
Trish

o

1. What color is your kitchen? hardwood floor dk cabinets no much bare walls to hang anything .
2. What color is your dining room? white /mauve
4. Do you have a favorite type food? salads/bake goods if others bake it :)))
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? yep , I'm NOT a baker!
6. Do you have any food allergies? NOPE
I stick with my trusty REGULAR INSTANT COFFEE 3-4 cups
a day when I take my breaks from the garden .

I make flavored coffee"s when I have friends over .
well going to go play out side for awhile this evening
happy gardening to all .
susie

o

Congrat's Trish! 1st Response! I'll be getting you a little something out shortly.

Thanks Maryanne for the updated list, I copied it into my OBF files.

NEW CONTEST WILL BE POSTED LATER SO KEEP CHECKING BACK!

Gotta get back to work on my list.

o

What fun, Sassy. Good idea!

1. What color is your kitchen? Pistachio green (you know, like pistachio ice cream...yum!) Oak cabinets, some copper molds hanging in there as an accent. No place to eat in there... we always eat in the dining room.
2. What color is your dining room? Beige, tan, green - have that stencil looking wallpaper in a pineapple design.
3. Do you entertain outdoors? No... too "buggy" in the summer
4. Do you have a favorite type food? I love seafood and salad recipes - also love fresh fruit. I like the flavor of coffee and am willing to experiment with recipes using coffee. Ever since my trip to Italy, I have been in the mood to learn to cook some true Italian foods. (I don't think I have any cookbooks that emphasize Italian.)
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? Right now "yes" - oven has temperature issues! LOL
6. Do you have any food allergies? I try to avoid chocolate and caffeine. Not true allergies though.
7. Teas, coffee, lemonade, wine? which kinds do you prefer?
Decaf preferred but I use some with caffeine and I will sometimes mix up a "half-caf" of my own. Especially like vanilla flavors and the flavor of coconut in coffee. No instant for me! LOL I like lemonade and wine but only drink them "rarely."

o
mmmm tea

LOL Trish, I just love Tea and if ya drank some of my extended families Tea it would cause you to dislike it, wayyy tooo sweet for me but I love tea recipes and that recipe sounded so close to how I make it. I really didn't think anyone else liked it the same way as I do lol so I was surprised. lol
Smiles

o

I really need 2 more girls from the north for this work out like I'd really like, any chance any of you can pursuade Anita and still hopefully Beth to join?????????

If not, no hard feelings and I'll make this work.

o

Well here are my answers:

1. What color is your kitchen? Champagne
2. What color is your dining room? Champagne
3. Do you entertain outdoors? Yes BBQ and swim pool
4. Do you have a favorite type food? I guess it would be steak
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? Definitely more a cook
6. Do you have any food allergies? no chocolate doesn't always agree with me though
7. Teas, coffee, lemonade, wine? which kinds do you prefer I like instant coffee (strong) and sun (iced) tea

You've got me curious Sassy!

o

Guess I should post my own questionare. I fordot, lol!

1. What color is your kitchen? Its had to say, some older gals may remember pics from when we were building, decorated in fruit/ I'll post a pic on the obf pic forum when I get my kitchen cleaned up. lol
2. What color is your dining room? Same, all one room
3. Do you entertain outdoors? Absolutely love it, can't right now, too hot and too many 'skeeters' Trina! lol
4. Do you have a favorite type food? OMG, do I tell trade secrets? I LOVE Italian, love Mexican, love Seafood cooked anyway, except fish! I do not eat fish, you could hold a gun to my head and I would NOT eat sushi!
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? Love to bake, but have to say, I'm more of a cooker, especially during the summer.
6. Do you have any food allergies? No, maybe if I did my a@@ wouldn't be so fat!
Love tea, I'm with Maryanne, Lipton is good for me. Do not drink coffee, gave it up along time ago, I got tired of adding a touch of coffee to my cream & sugar!!!!!!!! Love lemonade, don't care for wine.

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 29, 07 at 20:07

1. What color is your kitchen? Well, I have a mix of pastels, lavendar walls, butter yellow jelly cabinet, spots of perwinkle blue. Little things have fruit like cherries, and grapes.(I know it sounds odd.)
2. What color is your dining room? Blue(somewhere between robins egg and sky) with a black floral ceiling border
3. Do you entertain outdoors? yes
4. Do you have a favorite type food? all except picnic food, hotdogs, baked beans, mayo(so potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw), and melons. Yes, I have been to a picnic before where all I could eat was potato chips, lol.
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? I do both
6. Do you have any food allergies? melons
7. Teas, coffee, lemonade, wine? which kinds do you prefer? I like them all

Carol B.,
I used to bartend near a VA hospital. The psych patients(old WW2 guys) would escape and come down for a drink, lol. I could always tell. They would look sort of nervous and then I would see the bracelet.
Remy

o

1. What color is your kitchen? Hickory cabinets with red walls, black appliances, black decor, lots of iron and metal, etc.
2. What color is your dining room? Victorian Rose
3. Do you entertain outdoors? Yes live by all my family so we entertain alot.
4. Do you have a favorite type food? Love Mexican, Italian, Chinese, and of course American, I don't care for seafood.
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? Both...I love sweets and breads so you have to bake to get those goodies
6. Do you have any food allergies? No
7. Teas, coffee, lemonade, wine? Tea & Lemonade

Shirley

o

1. What color is your kitchen? Neutral tones
2. What color is your dining room? Neutral tones as well
3. Do you entertain outdoors? Yes, we grill out a great deal
4. Do you have a favorite type food? Ummmm... everything but hot or spicy foods. Hate to say it, but I really like sweets, especially dark chocolate, and baked goods.
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? Baker!
6. Do you have any food allergies? Nope!
7. Teas, coffee, lemonade, wine? which kinds do you prefer? Wine, specifically ones with funky labels. I collect them!

o

Oh goodness, I better get this done or some of our gals will be asleep!

I have a favorite 'kitchen gadget' that I wouldn't be without! If you guess what I'm talking about, you'll be receiving this.................from me! Good luck! Hope some people are still awake and not too involved in a great movie!!! lol

Oh, and don't forget we're still playing 'Truth or Dare' and Melissa/Hazelnutbunny ...........SueK said you are it!

This is what you'll get for guessing my fav kitchen gadget!
A beautiful daylily named...............Pink Grace.......

o
guess

Imma gonna guess a safety edge can-opener

Pixie

o

I am going to guess a peeler.

o

Kitchen gadget....hmmmm....A timer??? :O)

Uh-oh...Didn't notice I'd been tagged....Well...to tell the TRUTH, I couldn't DARE get a cookbook for my swap partner and not get one for myself, also! LOL I'm a book-a-holic, and cookbooks are like candy to me...I need one of each, and the more the better!!

So I guess I don't pass this round.... :O( But......TAG! Melinda (ilovefarac) YOU'RE IT! :O)

o

Sun, Jul 29, 07 at 22:11

I'm going to guess potato masher, lol.
Remy

o

microplane grater

(i want that daylily - LOL - one of my dog's is grace!!!!)

oh, and i forgot, we have another member - april - dirtunder the nails. is she playing this month?

o

bread maker?

This month's swap looks like it will be fun. I'm kinda sorry I need to sit out! :o)

o

Pizza cutter?

o

Ya know...my favorite kitchen gadget is the REFRIGERATOR!! Sure couldn't live without that...it's the BEST part of the kitchen!!! lol :O)

o

Great guesses! But this time, everyone has a turn at guessing before I reveal 'my favorite gadget'!

Anyone out there besides me watch 'Army Wives'? I love that show! It's on now, brb............

o

I would love to join the swap, but am not sure if I've traded with any of the key players before. If you need to arrange a trade, I'm perfectly fine with that, please let me know :)

o

1. What color is your kitchen?
Yellow with accents of white and copper
2. What color is your dining room?
White with accents of mauve and blueish green.
3. Do you entertain outdoors? No
4. Do you have a favorite type food?
Stews, one-dish meals and heart-healthy foods
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? Cook
6. Do you have any food allergies?
Not really an allergy, but since my DH heart
attack, we have been staying away from beef
Herbal teas, flavored ice tea, hazelnut coffee,
almond mocha latte's - don't care for lemonade or
wine

o
Contest

Oh My!! That daylily is soooo pretty!!

I'm going to guess a garlic press

o

I am going to guess a food processor! I use mine all the time! Melinda
Oh, and yes I watch army wives! Love it! Haven't missed a show yet and hope not too!

o

• Posted by mellen 4a/5-ctrl. IA (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 30, 07 at 0:00

I will guess a mixer.
Mary Ellen

o

OOPS ! I just now saw that I was tagged! Not sure what I have to do but guess I already did a truth when i talked about the army wives! Only show that I have watched each and every episode in years! Usually too busy doing things to watch TV much! But love the show!
I guess I will now tag klickitat!
Do I get two guesses?! Love the Daylily! The ice maker!

o
RE: UPDATE: - obf august cookbook swap #2

Mon, Jul 30, 07 at 1:00

1. What color is your kitchen? yellow, dark blue, with red accents, oak cupboards
2. What color is your dining room? same as kitchen
3. Do you entertain outdoors? no, too hot
4. Do you have a favorite type food? beef, chicken, seafoood pasta, pizza, Italian
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? I can do both well, but DH has been doing a lot of it for the past couple of years and he is awesome!
6. Do you have any food allergies? no
I like coffee and lemonade. Do not care for tea. I like wine, but no longer drink due to medication.

Sassy girl, you have my curiosity piqued!
Mary Ellen

o

• Posted by boballi 8 Central Valley CA (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 30, 07 at 1:11

Is it a juicer?

o

Hi All! I'm still in Oregon. Will be home SAT.
1. What color is your kitchen? dark brown
2. What color is your dining room? Same as kitchen
4. Do you have a favorite type food? Sweets
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? Baker here!
Love COFFEE.Tea is ok iced with sugar.Lemonade is fine. Not much of a wine drinker

o
I'm HERE!!!

My name isn't on the members list! Please count me too.New member I swapped with Annie.

o

Sorry Sassy and all OBF...... too much going on here and the thread moves faster than I can keep up with. LOL I try to pop in and read once a day but seldom have time to write anything.
I would still like to be in for the swap though. I'm leaving next week to go to Alaska for 10 days. Not nearly long enough but it is the most I can manage.
My colors are Dark blue and several shades of green.
I drink plain coffee or tea, Love Earl Gray but, NO other flowery teas please. Jasmine tea tastes like drinking perfume to me YUCKY! I love hot chocolate too.
Crock pot, or recipes for 2 would be good, though, I confess I'm a collector of cook books and enjoy them all. Probably own about 300 now and tend to buy local ones as I travel.

o

I"M Going to say the KITCHEN STOVE :

have a great day everyone off to enjoy the open blue skies :))
susie

o

sassy, hope you saw my post about april/dirt under the nails as well as her confirmation that she is in.

today's guess - it's a toss up between a blender and microwave

o

1. What color is your kitchen? Yellow,sunflowers&bees border
2. What color is your dining room? Beige w/med brown flecks songbirds border(sounds gross but looks great)LOL
4. Do you have a favorite type food? mexican/southwestern
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? do both equally
6. Do you have any food allergies? allergic to MSG, and I am weird and do not care for sweets much at all.
7. Teas, coffee, lemonade, wine? which kinds do you prefer Nothing instant,I like Raspberry,and Green tea, Love my good ol'Folgiers Breakfast Blend Coffee,Homemade Lemonade,I'm not a Wine Drinker.

I'll guess your favorite kitchen gadget is a "skillet" sassy

Have a Great Day Everyone : )
Nancy

o

Guess I forgot to answer the questions!
1. kitchen color- yellows, olive greens, and wood
2. dining room - same as kitchen but with wood half way up walls
3. Yes, entertain and eat out on the patio often. Barbecue some-love it just don't have much time
4.Fav food-love all foods-barbecue, mexican, country comfort, salads, breads,seafood, cajun, desserts, sweets, any! If it is edible I want it!
5. Do both cooking and baking!
6.No food allergies
7.Love teas-esp. green and flavored!
Also love chocolate of any kind! Also love spice drops!
Collect cookbooks so any kind is great! Love to watch Paula Dean and Rachel Ray!
Today's guess is a blender!!
Melinda

o

Hey girls, lots of teriffic guesses! Sorry I tuckered out last night.

April/dirtundermynails, I've got you on my partner list dear, no worries.....

Beth so glad you can join us girl!

o

I'm going to guess food processor

1. What color is your kitchen?- Medium Sage, light Sage, Almond
2. What color is your dining room? same is it a combination kitchen dining room
3. Do you entertain outdoors? yep
4. Do you have a favorite type food?Oh gosh, I love everything, I like a hamburger now and then as long as it is well, well, well done. We eat alot of chicken/veggies. I'm big on any kind of soups. I love salsa, and nachos :O) but nothing not hot hot, it has to be mild.
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? Both
6. Do you have any food allergies?NONE
7. Teas, coffee, lemonade, wine? which kinds do you prefer I"m a coffee drinker, plain, and rich. no sugar or sweetner for me. I also love ice tea, and will make lemonade shake-ups once in a while, They are jus too sweet for me, but DH, Son and daughter-in-law love them.

I can't wait till I find out who I am sending too! Will I know before I have to hit the road tomorrow night?

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
Guess for Monday

Sassy Imma gonna take another stab at the guess and say Chopper, I know I can't do without mine specially when it comes to chopping onions!
Smiles everyone.
Pixie

o
smiles everyone

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL First day of the week, Monday!!! I will talk after work!

Have a great day
Trina

o

Holy Moly!!! I'm gone for 2 days and WOWIE. These threads are just taking off!

1. What color is your kitchen? White, with olive green accents & dark wood cabinets. (wine decor)
2. What color is your dining room? Same as kitchen
3. Do you entertain outdoors? Yes. BBQ, kids playing outside all the time so we eat out there a lot. (less messes)
4. Do you have a favorite type food? Italian. Anything quick and easy to make.
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? I love to bake!
6. Do you have any food allergies? Nope
7. Teas, coffee, lemonade, wine? which kinds do you prefer All of the above. Lot's of coffee today. lol

Ok, my guess for the gadget is...salad spinner.

o

DRUMROLL PLEASE.........WE HAVE A WINNER!

Trina/Pixieluvplants!!!!!!!!! My chopper! Love it! Its a life saver!!!

Ok, everyone gave great answers and god knows I wouldn't want to live without any of them, but the last time at the riverhouse Jerry wanted peach cobbler. I alway dread making it because he has to have all the peaches cut up in bite size pieces and it takes forever. You know how sometimes something just hits ya, I'm like duh....you've got a chopper in the cabinet, so I tried it and it worked like a charm and about a half minute later, they were chopped. Oh well I guess thats why it stuck in my mind, at least I don't mind making that cobbler for him anymore.

Annie I'm going to try my best to get the list posted tonight, will for sure be posted before you leave for work tommorrow.

Congrat's Trina!

Sassy

o

Ok, for better or for worse here are your partners........
If I missed anyone please let me know and I'll correct it.

Sassy sends to Remy
Remy sends to Sassy
Trish sends to SueG
SueG sends to Trish/dancinmoon
Debbya sends to Sherri/boballi
Sherri sends to Debbya
Skohler sends to Trina/pixieluvplants
Trina sends to Skohler
Nancy sends to April/dirtundermynails
April sends to Nancy/cedarnest
Annie sends to Melissa/hazelnutbunny
Melissa sends to Annie/Raggedyann
Sassy sends to Renne'/rennep
Renne' sends to Sassy
Mellen sends to Kim/lilgreenthumb
Kim sends to Mellen
Ananda sends to Jeanne/SandlapperRose
Jeanne sends to Ananda/Seraki
Melinda sends to Shirley/brittneysgran
Shirley sends to Melinda/ilovefarac
Amy sends to Carol/veeja11
Carol sends to Amy/amybabyboy3
Maryanne sends to Jules/Klick
Klick sends to BethB
BethB sends to Sandy/ShadyMeadow
Sandy sends Maryanne/earthlydelight

Let me know if I made boo boo's.

o

Yay! Off to the market!!!

o

way cool. i look forward to sending to you jules/klick and of course, i really look forward to treats from one of our newer members, especially since i didn't have the opportunity to participate in the newbie swap!

klick, i have wonderful ideas in store for you!!!!!!

great job sassy!

wtg trina winning that gorgeous daylily.

maryanne

o
WHOOHOO Thanks ya'll

Thank you Sassy, I love my chopper too, makes everything easy! I love that Daylily!!!

Thanks Maryanne and everyone.

Whoohoo Susie (Skohler) this is going to be soo much fun!!!! I LOVE shopping for others and have some fun ideas too! Can't wait!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

This is going to be so much fun. I've already started finding some goodies for my pal. These are my answers:

1. What color is your kitchen? red and green
2. What color is your dining room? ivory with green ivy border
3. Do you entertain outdoors? too hot right now
4. Do you have a favorite type food? variety not really a favorite but don't like much meat, love fresh fruit and veggies
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? enjoy baking, cook because I have too
6. Do you have any food allergies? no
7. Teas, coffee, lemonade, wine? which kinds do you prefer ? sweet Georgia tea and coffee with lots of sweet creamer

o

Pixie! Contrat' again!

Sassy

o
Sassy

Thank you Sassy,
Where is everyone??? Its quiet in here. I love the partner list Sassy. You are such a wonderful Hostess, I can imagine that being hard work, tryin to keep up with everything!

Great women in here, I am soo glad I am a part of ya'll now!

Smiles,
Trina

o

great, I haven't had amy for awhile. fun fun fun1. What color is your kitchen?- beige and cranberry
2. What color is your dining room? peach and cherry wood
3. Do you entertain outdoors? yep
4. Do you have a favorite type food?I love everything, I like a hamburger now and then as long as it is well, well, well done. We eat alot ofveggies. I love salsa, and nachos :O) but nothing not hot hot, it has to be mild.
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? seldom either
6. Do you have any food allergies?NONE
I drink propel mostly, some tea coffee for breakfast. no wine.

o
Heya

Hi Veeja11
This is going to be really fun. Thank you btw for letting me become a member! I am excited about this swap!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

That's a beautiful lily! Congrats, Trina!! I'm jealous! :O) Remember me in a few years when that thing needs dividing..... LOL :O)

Annie! When would be the best time to send your box? I don't want you to be out of town when it arrives.... :O) Oh, and any favs I should know about?? :O) lol

Melissa

o
Smiles

Awwww Thanks Melissa, I sure will.

Pixie

o

~~ ctack2~(CarolB) I just got done making your sweet tea recipe!! I hope i did it right, Would like to have it with dinner tonight, so we will see what happens!! I will let you know how it turns out :)
~~ Sue G ~ What a challenge for me to have someone from the "desert" to search for things for! LOL!!..Especially me living on the New England Coastl line!! But i am looking forward to it!!..Hopefully i will come up with some things you will enjoy!....Sue, if you are going to be away at all in August PLMK, so i dont send til your back!
~~Do we have a "send by" date?? Or is it just anytime in August??....I cant remember!!
~~Also, when is the "So you think you can dance" show on??...I did watch the video clip, and yes he is a really good dancer!!...I will be happy to give him my vote!
~~Sassy, yes i watch "Army wives" also, but not on Sunday night, i catch the rerun on Monday night. Its on earlier then, and i am not much of a night person anymore...plus i have to be to work at 6 am, so i get to bed early!!!..But i do love the show!!
~~Ok friends, time to throw something in the crockpot for tonites dinner :)...and get running off to work!
Hope everyone has the kind of day they hope for, and its the best!
Blues Skies & Soft Winds to all!!
Trish

o

Kilck, I'll be away from the 6th to the 16 and the PO will be holding my mail. So, if you planned on anything perishable please mail later in the month. Hope this does not cause you a problem.
Sandy, I'll be getting your things ready so I can mail shortly after I get home. Glad to have you joining us and nice to have you for my partner. I love the name you picked. Shady Meadow sounds so comforting and peaceful.
We finally got rain yesterday. Almost three inches. Very welcome and much needed. Hopefully some of my plants will perk up and survive the rest of the summer. Now I find myself wishing I was twins so I could go to work as needed and still be home to catch up on yard and garden work too.
Sassy, you are doing a great job here. This is sounding like a super swap
Beth

o

Melissa, thanks for asking. I am on call, but here are the days in August I will be home, and if I by chance get called in, DH will open it if it has perishables/plants written on the outside.

Ok,Is my days off in August.

3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 31st. I hope this helps you.

I've already picked up something this week for this swap.

I'm enjoying the rest of my day off. Will work in the yard untill around 3 then will come in and try to g sleep so I can go to work tonight.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Beth: Thanks, I picked that name because we used to live on Shady Meadow Dr. and you're right, it does sound peaceful. I'll be looking forward to receiving your box. Have a great time on your trip!

Maryanne: Could you email a copy of your questionnaire directly to me at garrett45@comcast.net? I'm looking forward to putting your box together - it should be fun!

Sandy

o
and of course

Melissa, I'm looking forward to looking for interesting things for your box.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Jeanne, I'm so excited to be swapping with you! I've got the perfect cookbook for you too! Back to work for now for me ladies, hope you all are having a great day so far! I'll try to check in later.

Ananda
(Seraki)

o

Tue, Jul 31, 07 at 12:47

Kim/lilgreenthumb, I was just reading over your info. sheet, and I see that you like reading King and Koontz, too. I LOVE their books! Have you read Koontz's "Odd Thomas" and "Forever Odd?" There is a newer 3rd one about Odd Thomas, also, that I have read. They are all riveting!

After reading over your page on GW, it looks like you don't have a lot of perennials, etc. Is that correct? Please let me know.

Sassy, you are doing a super job here.

Mary Ellen/Mellen

o
Susie/Skohler

Susie would you email me a copy of your info sheet?

Thanks,
Pixie

o

Auntlissa, I would be glad to do a private trade with you at a later time, the way the sign ups came in, I have 2 partners already and I need to concencrate on them right now. Sorry. Maybe one of the other girls could do a private trade with you, or you can contact me after this swap is over.

Beth, I'm tickled to have you. You just peek in when you can.

Thanks everybody for filling out the questionares, they'll be a tremendous help to your partners.

Trish and Melinda, I watch it on Sundays nights then again the next Sunday afternoon, just in case I missed anything, lol! Oh, that reminds, me I think So You Think You Can Dance comes on tonight! Remy? Good grief, the phone lines will bust from all the bloomin' friends calls, lol

Oh Mellen I used to read Koontz alot. His books are always very unusual to say the least, but captivating. My eyes have gotten so bad, I've pretty much given up reading and crosstitching. Used to love both. Thanks too, I was really nerveous about hosting this month, now I'm just sitting back enjoying it.

Jeezz...its hot outside.
Later girls
Sassy

o

Trish, I'll be home all during August, how about you?

o

Sassy I can do a trade with Auntlissa if she would like.I haven't been in the trades for a few months so I have alot to share..LOL Actually I am doing a private trade with Ctack2/CarolB also so she can join our group.

April/dirtundermynails I will get a copy of my questionare to you later this week.I am all set to start shopping for you this weekend.I just love doing these swaps : )

Mellen,I Love Koontz! Hes my Fav.My absolute all time fav book of his was Watchers.Sure wish I could write like him.

Well Ladies I splurged and bought myself 2 new coneflowers today.I am really turning into a conehead.hee hee I just love..love..love them!They were spensive but they are huge and blooming like mad! I should be able to share really soon.LOL I got Sundown and Harvest Moon.They are both gorgeous.I am still looking for Tiki Torch,Fatal Attraction,After Midnight,Summer Sky,and.well.. really any of the newer ones.All I had to start out were Magnus and Double Decker(still just a single decker tho) LOL If any of you have any to spare and share I will make it worth your while : )) I am such a begger!

Well I better get out and finish mowing my lawn.
Have a Great Day Everyone : )
Nancy

o

Nancy thats so sweet of you. You're such a great lady! I know she'll be thrilled.

sweetkitten....I don't have your info on you, sorry, that will have to be taken up with our fearless leaders.

I've already thought of a new contest. Will post it when I decide what gift I'll send. So check back often if you're interested.

Sassy

o

Sassy, yes it is hot out, and you are doing a great job!

I must have missed something, who is Auntlissa? I'm ashamed of myself, I'm on the road alot, and I do not get to the computer everyday. We do have a computer at work, but going on the internet for pleasure is a no no.

Ok, going to lay down a few hours. Have to work tonight, and will be home Friday Morning. DH is having an ultrasound done on his thryoid.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
Meant to post this

Trish.....
~~ Sue G ~ What a challenge for me to have someone from the "desert" to search for things for! LOL!!..Especially me living on the New England Coastl line!! But i am looking forward to it!!..Hopefully i will come up with some things you will enjoy!....

Lol, Trish, that was my point to try to take everyone out of 'they're comfort zone' and give them a chance to enjoy receipes & local foods from other parts of the country. I do apologize for the fact that it will probably increase the shipping costs, but this is a special swap, and thought it would be a good idea to enjoy what our friends in different parts of the country love.

Hugs Sassy!

Oh and Remy & Renne', I got you girls #! I'm about to bust something to tell you what I've already got for your boxes! lol but no no no! We can't have that!

I need to....

o

lol Sassy girl I just love all the graphics you put up!!!

Smiles,
Trina

o

I agree Trina! That girl keeps me cracking up!

Can't wait for the next contest Sassy!

o

Hi all! I am brand new and am hoping that you have another cook book swap - my town just came out with a Centennial Cook Book! Man, you know what kind of recipes will be in that - the community is full of germans and norwegians - lots of meat and potaotes! Anyway, I will keep my eyes open for the next round - sounds like fun! I look forward to "exchanging" with you too!

o

Hi mngardener1...lol, everyones excited when they first join, lol. You'll do fine I'm sure, if you'll go back to the first thread on the cookbooks swap, you'll find the rules to joining this group, only thing is you have to be on GW for 3-6 months and have trades with someone in the group, and I think you just joined today, so thats not possible, sorry not trying to step on toes......but I'm tired of feeling like i'm ignoring someone that wants to be included in my swap. If you'd like, you and I can do a cookbook swap after this is over, just email me:) Thanks for your interest, we love new members, but you have to meet the requirements of the group and we have to protect ourselves from unreliable traders, hope you understand.

Sassy

o

TRINA I will do my best to get my info out to you tomorrow I'm just to tired out tonight to do so .
sure looking forward to swaping with you .

this will be a great swap .
good nite all

susie

o

no problem, Sassy! I respect what you guys have built and will wait until I have earned my place. I look forward to many trades and lots of fun in the future! Thanks for having such a great place for us all to come to! It' s such a valuable sight that a person controls just how involved they want to be - who could ask for more?! Have fun with your cook book trade! :)

o
Hello's

Hello Mngardener, Hope you do decide to join. I am pixie and a newbie. This is a wonderful group of women in here.

Smiles,
Trina

o

Tue, Jul 31, 07 at 21:53

Hi All,
It was hot here today! I had off and couldn't garden so I went shopping at Kohls, lol. Does anyone else have one near by? They have great prices, and on top of that most everything was 50% off or buy one get one free!
I don't know if anyone knows, but Mark(GW member Korney) and I are having a tomato harvest party.(It is going to be at Grand Island Maryanne.) I found a ceramic painted tomato tile in a black wooden plain frame. It was the last one! I'm going to write Best Tomato on top with a paint marker. Then at the party, I will fill in the name and grower and present it as a prize. Since it was half price I got a pretty plaque that I hung on my fence. I know you all like the logic of this, lol.
This evening I went around the corner to the old tomato guy's house to invite him and his wife to the party. I got a nice little garden tour. They are about 80 but so cool! I hope I'm like them when I get old.
Oh, I also decided that the ugliest tomato grown would get a bag of Epsoma Tomato-Tone fertilizer. Anyone got an idea for the biggest tomato prize?

I can't remember who called a storm a toad(or was it frog? lol) strangler. Well, I was flipping through the channels a couple days ago and I heard the term on the weather channel! lol.

Tomorrow at 8:00 on FOX, So You Think You Can Dance is on in case anyone was interested. Voting doesn't start til the show is over. I'll post the number when it is done. Neil has to make it this week! His mom is going to be flying out for the next show.
Have a good night everyone,
Remy

o

Wed, Aug 1, 07 at 0:01

Nancy, Conehead!!! Hey, I like that. I'm a conehead, too.LOL I love coneflowers. I've been collecting the different varieties, too. Have been especially trying to get my hands on the new ones. I, too, have Harvest Moon, Sundown, and Doubledecker. I also bought new this year Razzamatazz. Plus I have Magnus and Kim's Knee Hi. Seems like I have more than that, but my brain just went blank. Grrr..... Koontz--Have you read Odd Thomas???

I got tons of gardening done today. In fact between yesterday, I have been a gardening FOOL!!! As in--stay out of the way, the weeds are a flyin'! After being sick for a week, and packing up my room at school, the weeds had really taken over all of my flower beds. Wellll, no longer. Plus, am finally getting a bunch of plants in the ground. Is anyone else like me? I see all of these plants on sale, buy them, take them home, then get too busy to get them planted? Well, they are finally getting in the ground. My goal is to get everything in the ground by Wednesday/tomorrow. Thursday we are leaving for a mini-vacation to northern Wisconsin. We will be meeting our son and his girlfriend at my great-aunt's cabin for a nice long week-end. We won't head home til Monday.

Annie, I laughed when I saw your little guy up there going back and forth "thinking."

Yes, our Sass(y) somehow comes up with the most appropo pics to go with her comments.

Trish, how did the tea turn out at supper tonight? It is so good to see you here again, you know that?

Bedtime for me. Later everyone, Mary Ellen

o

Thanks so much, Cedarnest. I'd love to join. You can email me privately and we can set something up. Thanks again for your generosity.

o

Hi all. Just got back into town. Looks like you are having a great August Swap. Things were so crazy before we left that I couldn't post but I'm back around now.
Theresa

o

~~ Remy, thanks for the big hello!!..Well, i made the sweet tea yesterday morning, and we did have it with dinner last night..OOOOO-Weee!! Was it ever SWEET tea! LOL!! I think 1 cup of sugar was a bit much for me! plus 1 lemon, my kids liked it, DH said it was a tad too sweet but really liked it anyway!! So this morning i made it again, with 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 lemons...My daughter just had some and said it wasnt sweet enough!!...Geeezzz! I want it to be good for my DH so it doesnt matter much what the kids think LOL!! They can add more sugar!!..I think 3/4 cup sugar will probably be the right amount, but anyway it was refreshing! So we will see tonight what the verdict is :)
~~Sassy, i understand about the "comfort zone" thing, and the challenge from different areas of the country!!..I have a few ideas about what to get, plus we have a local book store downtown called "Collected Stories" and she has tons of great books, new & old, so i am hoping to find some good stuff there!!..This is a really fun swap!!
~~We are FINALLY done painting the outside of the house!! Yippie!! Poor DH, really worked his butt off, and the kids helped too...I didnt paint much, since i am the only one working, i am pretty tired when i get home, plus having to do laundry, dinner, etc....I will post some pics soon.
~~But, when we got two truck loads of mulch i was right in there, That is definately more fun that painting, and i was just pointing to DH, saying put it here, there, etc!!...He thinks i am nuts!!...But it all looks so much nicer with the mulch, and buying by the truck load saves so much money,and no lifting those darn bags!!
~~Looking forwar to watching "so you think you can dance" tonite, i was really hooked on "Dancing with the stars" But never really followed this other one, but he will get my vote tonite!!
~~ Well time for a short nap, i work at a cafe, and it gets mighty hot in that darn kitchen...I cook all day at work, then have to come home and cook!! UGH!!...Some days they are lucky to get any dinner LOL!!...Like tonite, french toast, and sausages...Oh well, its better than nothing !!
~~Love reading everyone's posts!! I just love this OBF group! It is the greatest, and i am so glad to be back playing again, i really missed you all!
Blue Skies!
Trish

o
RE UPDATE: obf august cookbook swap #2

Sorry i made a boo-boo...Mellen, thanks for the welcome back!!......
Remy, I know you are glad to see me too LOL!!
Geeeezzzz....i REALLY need to wear my glasses when i am on the computer!!

o

Hi ladies : In the 90's here & no rain in sight till maybe Sunday but then My Luck it will go around us :(.
I Try to water what i can reach in early morning & late evening. but it is nothing like the good old mother nature.

trina Hope you got my info ok . Now i have supper over & going to go check out your info list .
sure hope you Have a hungry appetite :)

sure are a growing group & very hard to keep you all
straight so ladies please If you will please
sign your Names when posting it will help us all
allot .

Happy Gardening all I have time to go out & play in the dirt .

susie /skohler

o

Trish - Glad to know I'm not the only one that makes breakfast for dinner! I'm famous for making pancakes and eggs on those really busy nights! Hey at least the kiddos eat it! LOL

Susie - I totally agree. I'm HORRIBLE at names as it is! I'm great at remembering faces...but that don't help much on a forum! :P

I'm getting off work here in a few minutes then heading up to the hospital. My best friend is having a little boy! I just can't wait to see what he looks like. :D We've been friends since we were 4 years old, grew up next door to each other. It's nice still having her in my life.

Ananda

o
Hugs All

Hi Ladies,

Susie, I did get your info and omg I am going to have sooo much fun!!!! Trust me, I love FOOD, I am just not a big candy person lol, I don't really care for chocolate candy (I know I am a weirdo), I still have a king sized hershey bar in my freezer that I got last August, I nibble on it when I get a chocolate craving lol. I do love chocolate coffee though. Most strange though is I love to make candy for gifts and for my guys.
PLZ NOTE.... This cookbook swap is gonna either kill me or make me learn to keep secrets cause I am already bitin at the reins to tell!!!! NOPERS NOT GOING TO THOUGH!!!

Awww THATS SOOO Sweet Ananda, give both momma and new baby a big hug from me!

Trish I bet you are tired and prolly sick of smelling food lol poor thing. I love breakfast for supper also and I think the guys like it better sometimes when its soo hot! (like any day here lol)

Well I haven't had a chance to do anything in my gardens but look at them today, my daylily plants are sooo cute and sprouting up good. I am soo excited about them, specially after looking at the pictures on here of daylilys!!!

We'll off to change into shorts, got home from work at 6 and just wanted to sit and play with ma babies and walk out to my gardens. Babies really miss me during the day since I started working, they aren't used to me being gone unless I take them with.

Smiles
Trina (Pixie)

o

Sorry I haven't spoken tonight girls, had the baby then cooking and then watching 1 1/2 hours of 'dancing', then 2 straight hours of voting, Remy I worked hard for ya honey!

Wish him the best! He was really great, especially that last one, well heck both were great!

I'll try to get the next contest up and running very soon.

Sassy

o

Wow, am I behind!

Susie,
I still owe you a hostess gift. I promise I'll go greenhouse shopping soon! I have a few local ones in my area that I love to spend a few hours in! It's been too hot to even think of going! It's usually much hotter in them than outside, and it's been in the 90's lately! I promise, something nice is coming soon! I'll post when the box goes out!

Sassy,
Your doing a wonderful job of hostessing this month! I knew it was a chopper, I can't live without mine!

Here's my extra info, sorry it's late!

1. What color is your kitchen? White/oak table, Tuscany accents.
2. What color is your dining room? Cream, Italian accents.
3. Do you entertain outdoors? All the time!
4. Do you have a favorite type food? We love Mexican, Italian, casseroles, crockpot meals, etc.

5. Are you more a cook than a baker? More a cook than baker, but I do bake a lot more in the winter.
7. Teas, coffee, lemonade, wine? which kinds do you prefer? Lemonade, tea/lemon. Wine occasionally- red.

Deb

o

Trish -
Just keep playing with the sugar, lemons and number of tea bags.....you'll get it just the way you like it eventually. The more lemons you add, the stronger you'll want the tea (by using more BAGS, not longer cooking) and the more sugar you'll need. But when you get it just the way you all like it -- SMACK THEM LIPS -- you'll love it! And so will hubby!

Hope everyone is having a good day. It has been so hot here and today is my first day off this week - I dread going out to the garden and seeing what damamge has been done while I've been working! This is my first year with a garden at this house, and I can tell you one thing for sure - when I make my raised beds for next year, they will be a tad bit closer to the house! Not that my yard is that big, but why have all that grass between the maters and the back door? I cannot think of one good reason!

I am sure everyone is having a blast getting their boxes ready and I can't wait to read what everyone gets! I bet you are one creative bunch in here! And it's going to be lots of fun watching to see if Trina breaks and tells!

My daughter is suppose to have her ultrasound tomorrow so maybe we'll find out what she's having....woohoo! But first ultra sounds don't always give you the info you want - boo! My grandaughter was with me all last week and we so enjoyed having her here....but let me tell you....this old lady isn't used to having a 3 year old around! But it was still fun trying to keep up with her. lol. Makes me appreciate that I had my daughter when I was young, that's for sure!

have a great day
Carol B

o

So I am going to be left out of this swap?
BOO HOO!!!!!!

o
re: sweetkitten (#3)

sweetkitten, on more than one occasion i wrote specific posts to your attention and laid out how our swaps work. that post instructed you to get in touch with carol (veeja). if you are left out of this swap and/or membership, it is because as of this date, carol has not heard from you.

as i've stated before, we are an ongoing group. please go back, read the threads specifically written to you (and a couple of others that expressed the same interest) (july 26th and again a few days later). if it appears this group is still something you wish to be involved in, we will be more than happy to have you and welcome you with open arms.

maryanne

o

Hi all, I have been in the hospital because my Nephrologist tried to kill me with new meds. I'm back now--whew, survived to garden again. LOL

1. Kitchen is all natural rustic pine as is the entire house inside and out.
2. Kitchen and dining room is all one great room.
3. I live in Louisiana and eating outside is always a party.
4. I live in Louisiana and any food is good.
5. I love to bake, cook and love to do jams and jellies.
6. No food allergies.
7. Do not drink coffee, addicted to real Coke and anything else is fine if it is cold in the summer and hot in the winter. Remember, I live in Louisiana and we only have two seasons here!!

Hi Sassy, I am excited to be partnered with you and I am also a cookbook collector. Renne'

o

NEW GAME!

For our new game I want you to pack a picnic basket for 2.
(No, not literaly) Just on paper, lol. When you've all posted whats in your basket, everyone can email me they're vote for the most awesome picnic basket. I will send the winner a gift. Since this 'picnic basket' is pretend, I don't see why we can't pretend we're on a tropical island with a cool breeze blowing. lol Can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Theresa24 has a birthday on the 14th. Does any other members have an August birthday? Please post here if you do so we can help you celebrate!

Sassy

o

Okay, here is my "make believe" picnic basket. You might can tell that I'm a romantic at heart. lol :O)

Satin sheet (instead of table cloth), 15 tea light candles, fresh rose petals (red), a small cd player with a relaxing Mozart cd.

Menu: focaccia, smoked turkey, baby swiss, fresh cuccumbers, grape tomatos, melon, blueberries & strawberries, a variety of chocolate truffles, sparkling pear cider.

A thermos of hot chocolate for later, and a nice warm blanket to cuddle under and stargaze. :O)

o

bored? i got a 68. don't know if that's good or bad.

Here is a link that might be useful: mini golf

o
Smiles Everyone

Hi All,
I hope everyone is having a great evening.
Melissa, That sounds like an awesome picnic.
Hi Deb see your an Italian addict like me! lol'
Renne, I hope your feeling alot better now and are enjoying your gardens!
Carol B. Keep us posted on your new Grandbabys gender and I am sure your Granddaughter loves being with you!
Maryanne, Golf has never been my thing, it just seems to hold no excitement but I know its a big thing for alot of people. Guess I am like you, I don't know whether a 68 is good or bad either, don't even know how its scored.

Sassy I really like this new game!

Smiles,
Trina

o

Remy! Looks like Neil's mom is getting to go! So glad for her dear!

Renne' I'm glad too, we'll have lots of fun, I already have you and Remy some neat things for your box, and still collecting. So glad you're better and so sorry to hear you had to be hospitalized. You watch that DR>>>>>>

Hazelnut.....whoooooo you 'is' the romantic one aren't you?

Maryanne, have fun with the golf, I'll never get that bored.

Trina, I love italian too! I could eat pasta everyday! But heck, I love everything so what else is new? lol

o

ok my basket
egg salad and various meat and cheese sandwiches
melon balls
blueberries
strawberries and whipped cream
naked construction worker
body oil for nice massage
tiki torches with bug repelent
box of see's candy
was gonna put dh in but can't share him. hugs carol

o
I want one!

Okay...I would make a crack about veeja's "naked construction worker" having nothing but his "hard" hat on.....But I won't. :O)

Oh...oops....
LOL :O)

Melissa

o

Carol & Melissa! You girls.....................are good at being bad!

o
lol Where's your mind?

lol Melissa, you silly!!! lmao choked on water on that one lol, now ma nose burns hate when that happens!!!! Now I am wondering bout Carols "melon balls" and "blueberries" lol hmmm will he fit into a picnic basket? If so I want one of dem baskets!!!

o
What?

Hmmmm.....Well, at least you didn't type-o and put "blueballs & melonberries".
Now, THAT would be bad.
Poor nakie construction worker.
:O) lol

Melissa

o
Laughter, I needed that lol

Too Funny Melissa lol!

o
baskets

LOL, maybe Carol & Melissa should supply a bouquet of 'Hairy Balls' for the occasion. Any of you girls got a pic? If not I'll go get one, lol.

Carol would definitly say it destroys the mood for her and her naked construction worker!

o
Full bouquet

Well, now, Sassy....No bouquet of "hairy balls" is complete without some "naked ladies". :O)

o

lol BUTTTT ya gotta look past the hairy balls and see the beautiful flowers they provide!!! Don't even get Melissa started on hairy balls and naked ladies! (both plants btw)
It could make the mood more erotic on that tropical island with that construction worker and the whipped cream! Then the oil after its left in the heated sand would be a hot oil massage!

o
see

See I didn't even get it posted before Melissa got to the naked ladies lol!!!

o
Watch out!!

Uh-oh....I think that Sassy don't know what she started here....!
This is gonna get reallll naughty...reallllll quick.
we better stop now, Pixie...before we get kicked outta the group!! :O) lol

o

Melissa - you are bad girl! You had me all confused....I had to look to see which group I was reading!
Carol B

o
spitting again

Melissa lol I don't think Sassy did know what she started lol better explain the Hairy balls and naked ladies to em lol, ummm better do it as the plants not visualizing lol wink wink.

Pixie

o

Sassys prolly cleaning off her screen from spittin on it too Melissa lol, hmm Sassy ya didn't choke on water did ya???

o

WHEW its heck to catch up on the posts!
1. What color is your kitchen? Right now fruit and birdhouses and red splashes here n there-- Have tiles purchased in cobalt blue -want pale yellow (almost beige) but DH doesnt like that color. I do! have put up 4 to see how i am going to like it. if not then it will be cobalt blue and white with red accent tiles. - love blue and yellow with red!
2. What color is your dining room? a deep golden color and a pale golden color
4. Do you have a favorite type food? anything!
5. Are you more a cook than a baker? both the same. been canning some this year. canned my first green beans 2 weekends ago. Salsa also!
6. Do you have any food allergies? none
coffee and wines

MELLEN~ I HAVE READ ONE OF THE ODD BOOKS YOU MENTIONED BUT AM TOO LAZY TO GET UP AND GO LOOK... I HAVE ENTIRELY TOO MANY BOOKS ON ALL SUBJECTS TO REMEMBER WHAT I HAVE - I HAVE A LOT OF KOONTZ. KIDDO SAYS WE HAVE FOREVER ODD. SHE THINKS SHE HAS ODD THOMAS AT HER GRANDPAS BUT I HAVENT READ THAT ONE YET!. KIDDO WAS READING ONE OF HIS BOOKS WHEN WE GOT OUR DOG ALMOST 2 YRS AGO. HER NAME IS JORJA AFTER A MINOR CHARACTER IN THE STORY.
and no i do not have a lot of perennials.... i think what i do have has came from swaps! lol
Can you think of anything to add i need to keep in mind for this month??

lol

xoxo
-Kim-

o

Okay...really, honestly...I DID NOT start the H.B. thing. That was Poisondartfrog. Honestly! In Manure #3!! I wouldn't lie!! :O) lol
I guess I HAVE sorta run with it, though.....! :O)

Here are Poison's hairy balls.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o
Good night!

Well, you ornery girls! :O)
Gotta say GOOD NIGHT! I'm off until Monday night. Don't have too much fun without me!! :O)

Melissa

o
Smiles

I think they look pretty cool though, can't wait to get some! Melissa I think everyone ran with it lol, you just do it funnier! lol You cutie you!

o
Niters

Niters and good dreams Melissa.

Pixie

o

Okay, I will most definitely be right back! with a pic!

I gotta get rid of these golf...(hack, hack) hairy balls I'm spittin' out! lol

Hey Melissa..........

o
pics

I am so not sure we're even talking about the same thing...............lol

o

lol Sorry bout that Sassy my computer shut down last night I hate this thing!!! hmmmm I think your balls are hairier Sassy!!! I will have to find the picture of the hairy balls flower.

Trina

o

Ok, here's my idea of a perfect picnic! First have to picture this beautiful meadow full of wildflowers in the mountains. Large homemade quilts laid out under huge shade trees. Down below is a beautiful clear babbling brook! Only sounds are wind in trees and birds and water moving over rocks! Then the children's laughter chasing butterflies and picking bouquets of wild flowers and playing in the brook. When they straggle back plenty of food to eat on!
Fried chicken
three Bean salad
homemade macaroni salad
fresh corn on the cob
fresh sliced tomatoes
fresh fruit basket with bananas, apples, grapes, plums, nectarines
lots of different cheese and crackers to go with them
plenty of fresh cold watermelon and cantaloupe
homemade ice cream
fresh strawberry shortcake
Lots of iced homemade lemonade and tea.
After we all eat until we don't want to do anything we can lay and watch the clouds float over and look for pictures! Then we tell stories and each one adds there own special thing to the story. Lots of laughter and love!
This is my favorite picnic! Melinda

o

Remy I missed part of your post earlier. The tomato harvest party sounds very interesting. Have you thought of a prize yet?
Lol, the frog strangler? Funny thing I just heard that on my local radio station because raining at the beach, its everywhere now.
Remy, judging from your questionare I would be very curious to hear what you'd put in your picnic basket, lol.

Mellen I know I do that, my patio is full of pots that haven't gotten planted yet. lol

Theresa I emailed you a couple of days ago, hope you got it.

Melinda, sounds heavenly! Ya done good girl!

Hope everyones having a good one!

o
Questions

Melinda that sounds like an awesome picnic!!!!!

Susie I have a question. Is your lil CHI-Peek a male or a female????

WINK WINK Carol B. Imma doing good in keeping this secret eh??!! Been bitin ma tongue though thats forsure!!! WHOOHOO after these swaps maybe I'll do good at Christmas and other gift giving holidays in keeping things a surprise lol. Imma Tryin!!!!

LOL I like the "Frog Strangler" although here its most likely the "Frog Drowner"!!!! Finally a couple days with just lil afternoon showers, just enough to make it more humid lol. Can't really complain though cause thats why I call this the tropics lol!!! I have learned that these Texans like to complain about the weather, too hot but then when it gets too cold they complain and want heat again lol!

Smiles and have a wonderful afternoon all,
Trina

o

Sassy I didn't get any emails. I think the GW contact form is very unreliable. My email address is boring24@bellsouth.net
Looks like you all are having way too much fun with this month's swap ;)
I'm still trying to get back in the swing of things from being gone for almost 2 weeks.. That's the worst part about taking a vaction :(
Theresa

o
Picnic in the Palms

ok here is my picnic...
For ambience.. tiki torches and small hurricane lamps with jasmine and gardinia oil and candles stuck in the sand around a blue jean blanket. NO music just the sounds of the waves hitting on the shore and the music of night gulls. A pitted fire with hibiscus flowers and coconuts in the sand around it. A light cotton throw to wrap up later to watch the sunset then the stars while leaning against a palm tree.
Menu: a nice bottle of wine, chilled boiled shrimp, cubed summer sausage, cubed cheeses, large cubes of french baguettes, sauces to dip in. Ski-bobs of pineapple, cherries, mandarin oranges and grapes. Kiwi wedges (not stars), powdered sugar and whipped cream.

a Sand bucket and small shovels to make sand castles before supper and a bag to collect seashells in as we walk along the shore. A blind fold to hide Fox's eyes while I set out the picnic.

o

Hope you got some good pics on your vacation Theresa, where did you go, did I miss that? (Probably, lol) I sent another one:)

Trina good job! I don't know how your girls are going to choose. I think I need to make a call you all your dh's and fill them in on all of your exotic fanticies, lol. They might score some.....points?

I'm so excited, the yearly Arts & Crafts Festival is at the Convention Center in Myrtle Beach tommorrow and my SIL and I are going. Love to go to it each year, so many wonderful things to see and might even pick up a couple things for my buds boxes. (or should I say, more things)

Sassy

o

~~~~WOW!! I think i need to stay up later at night, so many night owls here,and so much fun going on!!..You ladies have me ROFL!!..You are all so funny!!...
~~~~ctack2 I GOT IT!! finally got the sweet tea just right for DH and me!! 3/4 cup sugar, 1 lemon!! Perfect!!..Thank you so much for your help again, i printed out your recipe and put it in my favorite cookbook, so i hopefully wont loose it LOL!
~~~~Well, i got some thigs for my swap partner today!..Whoo-Hoo, i was trying to find only items that are made in Connecticut, wow, what a PIA that was..Sue hopefully you will be able to use what i gotcha!, oh, and BTW, i am not going away in August either :)
~~~~Hopefully over the weekend i can get my "Cookbook Shopping" done...I have a few ideas of what to get, now if only i can find what i am looking for!!
~~~~We are having a mini heat wave here 4th day now, thank goodness for A/C!...DH is re-sealing the driveway, and i kept bringing him water, and tea...it is so hot..He had the dog outside with him, and i made him bring the dog in the house...the dog is just a bitty little thing, and i was afraid for him and DH in the heat..
~~~~My gardens are looking alittle shabby, we need rain, i watered some of them yesterday, but only one of them perked up, they are calling for rain, so hopefullyit will come soon. My yellow squash is not doing well for me this year, lots of flowers/no fruit...I think they are too dry.
~~~Here is a pic of our little doggie....He is DH's shadow..Also he just got a haircut, and they always put those goofy bows on him!!
Here is a picture of what i wanted to look like today!!
Have a great night all!!

o

Trish he is sooo adorable!!!! Good cool air sent your way for the mini heat wave, Imma blowin it myself as the air here is hot and humid!!! I will also try to do my best in sending some of these afternoon showers we get here, got almost an inch this afternoon, tired of it really but it sure helps ma gardens

Trina

o

Fri, Aug 3, 07 at 22:41

Hi All,
Wow, a lot of messages have passed since the last I wrote! Lol, you all were funny last night. Carol always starts something!
Yes, Neil is one of the 3 guys left! It is very exciting. His mom had the art dept. at work make a sign, so hopefully there will be a shot of her on tv.

Trish,
I an glad to see you, lol!
The doggie is so cute! There is a heat wave going on over here too. I'm going to die when I see the water bill.

Sassy,
I still haven't thought up a good prize for biggest. Ugliest was easy with the Tomato-tone fertilizer. It sounds like you are trying to shape up the tomatoes, lol.
Lol, about the picnic food. It is strange how I don't like those items only. Especially because I love all kinds of food other people won't eat like brussel sprouts, and pickled pigs feet.

I'm not sure what I would do for a picnic. I know where I would have a picnic for two so I'll start there: )
Near the brink of Niagara Falls there are islands in the water. If you know your way around these, there are rock outcrops close to the water, but the trees and shrubs hide them, so even though lots of tourist are around, you can have a picnic for two in solitude watching the water pass by. On a hot day like today, it is so cool and relaxing.
I would have a soft blanket to cushion the rock. A bottle of Dom Perignon champagne tucked into the rocks right in the Niagara to keep it cool. On a day like today, I might have a fresh fruit salad made of strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and pineapple(no melon, lol)or I might have a field greens salad with home grown tomatoes, goat cheese, and raspberry vinegrette. I would probably make panini type sandwiches since they travel well, maybe eggplant and roasted red pepper for me, and I would put some salami or other meat for Gary. We would probably be full from this, so just a bit of very good chocolate to top it all off.
Remy

o

Trish, that pup is a dollbaby! I've never seen one yet I don't love!

Remy, I looked today for something for your prize, but didn't find what I wanted. I may find something tommorrow at the festival. If not, I know you will find something perfect anyway:) See........I knew your picnic would be awesome! I love nooks and crannies tourists don't know about:))

Gotta go to bed, got shoppin' to do tommorrrow!

Goodnite girls!
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sassygirl/New Gifs/New Funny Gifs/DebesuesGifs/bedsassy.jpg[/IMG]

o
dang thang

it didn't let me preview, knew it didn't look right......

Pillows & fluffy dreams to all!

o

Well everyone - daughter had her ultra sound today.....is it a girl? well maybe. is it a boy? well maybe. Or maybe it's one of each! IT'S TWINS!!!!!!!!!

We're all in shock, but excited at the same time. Her hubby hasn't worked in months and who knows how long she'll be able to work with this double load she's carrying, so please put her on any prayer lists you have.

They didn't change her due date yet so it's still January 8th. I bet we have Christmas babies this year! My grandaughter will be 4 on January 6th.

That cute little puppy is looking for me, so go ahead and send him here. hehehe

Glad you got the tea right. See - it just took a little tweaking here and there. Not hard at all is it?

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Carol B

o
I'm Home !!

Hi all.I'm back from my two week visit with the family in Oregon.Those were the quickest two weeks EVER!Trying to adjust back to east coast time.Jet Lag really BITES!Will be posting more often now. Can't wait to go shopping for this swap!Off to try to sleep .Later......

o

Hmmm, Sassy I still haven't received an email. I can't imagine why. Here is my school email address:
tmboring@mail.clay.k12.fl.us - Just don't send me any porn there :)
Yeah, I was up in Michigan visiting family and attending class reunion. It was a good time. I will post some pics.
Theresa

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket AND.....

I got a note from the Gas Company today, and I have to get rid of the plants that in the way of the meter. Sooooooooo, here is the deal. I have enough for two flat rate boxes, and in the boxes will be Purple cone flowers, unknown daylily, Unknown bearded iris, Siberian iris(maybe Cesars Brother), Tall Sedum(unknown) IF anyone would like to have these two boxes please send me the amount for a flat rate box, and enough for delivery confirmation and I will send them out to you. I would take paypal, but my printer is down so I can't print out any postage.

April, Glad to hear you had a safe trip back home.

Trish, such a cute puppie! Someday I will get another, but I told hubby to think smaller.

Carol B, "the New Carol B", Congrats on your new grandbaby baby.

Carol B,Congrats on being a great g-ma. I'm still wishing!

As far as having a picnic. I would have one on one of the Islands on the Mississippi, that we did years ago when I used to water ski, camp, fish, and cookout.

I'm going to go look around at a local kitchen shop for my partner this week, to see if I can find anything interesting.

Ok, I need to get outside, It sure looks like rain, and we sure can use some. Please let me know if anybody would like a box for postage, remember I will do two, then If I have more I will post.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Sat, Aug 4, 07 at 22:04

Hi All,
Well guess what happened this evening around six o'clock after I come home from work. Behind the garage caught on fire. Oh yes behind the garage which of course caused the bottom of the garage wall to catch fire. How you may ask? Because Gary is a nice neighbor and mows Rose's(she is 79)lawn behind us. He uses the rider and it must of made a spark. The mulch behind the garage obviously caught fire. I saw it burning. The firemen came and put it out.
Gary and I were laughing about it. What else could we do? Nothing and no one got hurt in the garage except the wall with holes in it. I may have lost the plants behind there. Luckily there was not too much back there. Maryanne's rose of sharon, Susie's pink bee balm, and a few other things got burned up. Some may re-grow from the roots.
I put a few photos in a photobucket album. see the link.

Carol B,
Congrats! Are these your first grandchildren? I'm sure it will all work out, always seems things do : )

Carol,
Congrats to you! I sure hope everything goes well this time.

Dirt,
Oh I forgot your name! Welcome back : ) It was you with the toad or frog strangler wasn't it?

Sassy,
You're look for a tomato prize?! : ) You must of got an idea that has not come to me.
Talk to you all later,
Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Fire Photos

o

Remy...I'm shaping up the tomatoes? lol Well I was gonna try to help you with a prize, but nothings hit me yet, lol.
I thought I may find 'that perfect thang' at the festival today, but nothing hit me and i'm not sure what you're looking for anyway. If you have any ideas, email me, I'll try to help.
Girl, you can have the brussel sprouts and those dang pickled pig feet, I refuse to eat anythings feet! lol And yes, I'm a southern gal, but can't do it. I grew up with my grandma cooking those and chitlins (sp) those chitlins was the nastiest smell I ever remember, lol
No Way!!!! Enjoy!

CarolB-1 I'm so excited for you g-grandma! Wishing her and that little baby such good health this time. Hugs!

CarolB-2, what wonderful news! I have a new g-daughter just turned 5 months on the 26th, but girl, 2 wow! Congratulations, I just couldn't imagine having more love!
Wishing good health to all!:)

Welcome back dirt! Come see us when you're rested:)

Theresa it was returned to me. LOL, porn? no I wouldn't do that to ya, (at least not at work, lol) I don't do porn, but do have a really good one (no not porn but amazing) lol started to send it to everyone, some may not take to jokes very well so I decided against it.

Annie such a sweet offer, but so sorry you have to get rid of your plants, I'll let the new girls that don't have alot of plants take you up on it. I understand though, dh just had to make a lady move plants, SHE had big shrubs surrounding the fire hydrant and you couldn't see it at all. She was really upset about it, but in this case, he built the house and also informed her when she purchased it that she could not plant things that would block them being able to see it. Anyways, hate you're losing your plants! But I'm sure they'll be received in good homes. All of you have such great ideas on the picnic! How to choose?

Well I went to the arts & crafts festival, it was awesome! And I picked up quite a few goodies, hoping my partners enjoy them, sure had fun checking everything out!
I forgot its 'no sales tax' weekend in SC, jeezzzzzzzzzz it was like the most fierce angry fireant bed you ever bumped against! We went to walmart after and were in there a few minutes and I told my SIL, you gotta get the he!! outta here, good god! I have never seen it like that! I knew it was tax free, but forgot, heck, let me pay the taxes! Its ok, I'm safe at home now, lol.

Remy so sorry to hear about the fire! Lol, yes I guess nothing else to do but laugh. Gary has some new 'Sat' projects, huh? lol

o

Yes Remy, it was me that described a storm as a 'Toad Strangler'.Glad no one was hurt in the fire.
Still thinking about perfect picnic.Hope everyone had a great day.I'm feeling more rested,but still on Oregon time.
I should be sleeping instead of playing on computer.SmileyCentral.com

o

Remy,
I was so sorry to hear about the fire. Hopefully you didn't lose too many plants.

Carol B,
Congratulations on your grandbabies. Twins!! How special.

Dirt,
Welcome back!!

Annie,
Sorry to hear you have to get rid of some of your plants. Hopefully you won't have to get rid of very many.

I found my cookbook and some other goodies for the swap!!! I finally got to go out and do some shopping. We only have one car so I don't get to go out very often.

At one of the places I stopped, I almost cried when I left. It is so sad. My favorite place to shop, the Edgewood Flower Farm is going out of business due to retirement. They sold most of the property and they're putting in condominiums. It was such a marvelous place....huge nursery, garden decor and gift shop. It has been owned by the same family for 50 years. Started out as a berry farm. The good thing....one of their daughters is turning the beautiful victorian farmhouse on the property into a garden cafe and gift shop.

Sandy

o

not much time left here have to take daddy to church this morning but just had to say WE HAVE RAIN :))) Finely the type of rain going into the ground :)

all the other rains were 5 min rains this pulled an all niter :)) & still going sure hope it stays alday :)

Now I can findly dig some tasty delites from my field
to send to trina no joke ladies a jack hammer wouldn't go through the ground out there. it was so hard .

sure like the sounds of some of the picnic baskets not sure if I would want to go with carols naked lumberjack
or not for I like mystery in my men :))
tell ya the story some day :)
well got to go u all have a great day will be back about 6pm :) BINGO DAY after church .

susie

o

GOOD MORNING!

I'm all ready for church, but went out and filled the bird feeders, I've got a pair of woodpeckers;wish I could get a picture of them.

I don't have to get rid of my plants, they just have to be moved.Since I'm moving them I thought I would share because they really do need to be thinned. The two boxes are still up for grabs for postage and I will see what-ever is cheaper and if it is cheaper to send non flat rate I will send whatever is left over back to whoever sends postage to me.

Carol B, Wow! I guess I missed that you were going to have twins, how wonderful, and lucky!

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Sent Trish's box off yesterday, DC #0306 2400 0000 7911 1103
you should have it Mon or Tues.

o
Having Fun here

I have been having soo much fun getting this box ready for Susie, Gotta get it shipped of quickly cause ya'll have already heard I am not good at keeping secrets but... Gotta give a hint.... I hope you like Sunbonnet Sue, Susies (I think thats the name) lol wink wink!!!!
AND.... well nm.

Smiles,

Pixie (trina)

o

~~WOW~WOW Sue you are fast at getting your box together!! and already shipped! I am not sure when i will get yours out, hopefully by the 18th, i need to go looking around for cookbooks!! i have gotten a few things for your box, but not ready to send yet, then i need to find a box!!...DH always steals them on me, and puts his stuff in them out in the garage, so i may just have to steal one back!!..
I worked today UGH!!...Now i am home, showered, sippin my coffee and listening to the Nascar race on TV, gotta get my buns out there and watch it..Who else is a Nascar nut around here?? I know someone else is, but cant remember who!?!
GO # 01, 8, 20, 24, !!! VVRRoooommm!! LOL!!
~~Sue i will post DC when i ship your box out...DH went through it and thinks i am nuts!!...
He just doesnt "Get it" !!
~~Everyone have a great day, time to watch the race!
Blue Skies!
Trish/DancingMoons

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here