Vic- Box #11 (Fran's)

Shirley- Box #12 (Sassy's) FROZEN

Fran- Box #

Alana-Box #6 (Carmen's)

Comments (150)

• tracyvine
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Shirley, congratulations to your husband on the new job! That is wonderful news. I am very happy that he likes what he is doing. Thank you for the daylily. Whenever you get around to sending it is fine with me. Take your time.

Fran, welcome back! I bet you were going nuts without any internet. Good to see you again.

Carmen, that is a beautiful box of goodies that Denise sent to you! Let's see, hmmm, what should I take from there? OOH! I know! (looking around and snatching heuchera Ring of Fire and running like the dickens!)

Karen, I finally looked up Lemon Chiffon and love the green leaves and ruffled edges. So pretty!

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Hi, everyone! I've been out of touch for the entire week. We had unexpected company show up on Sun (I think) and they just pulled out of the drive about an hour ago! Boy, am I beat.

When I was a child, my grandmother lived here, locally. Many of her adult children lived far away. They would only get home to see her once a year, or so. Of course, they came with their spouses and children of their own and took over my Grandmother's house for the duration of their stay. After the visit, any time you asked my grandmother how she enjoyed it, she'd always say, "Glad to see them come. Just as glad to see them go!" That's the way I feel today. Nice people but...

So, Tracy - Lovely pictures from your garden!

Vic - I hope Zack is all better by now.

Fran - Glad to see you're back online, even if it is dial-up.

Shirley - Great news about your husband getting a new job! Maybe the positive news that I've been hearing in the past week or two about the economy has some foundation in truth. Let's hope.

Like Tracy said, don't be in any hurry about sending my game prize daylily. When ever you have time and energy, it will be just as appreciated.

Carmen - That sounds like a terrific box that Denise sent. You're a lucky girl! Watch that Heuchera though. You know Tracy is NOT kidding when she talks about grabbing it and running away.

Denise - Such a nice assortment of plants you sent! No wonder postage was so high.

To everyone I missed, "Hi!" I hope everyone is doing well and that I get a chance to catch up again soon.

Pat

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Hurray!!! I got my box from Carmen today. I will post the details tomorrow because I really need to take a picture or two to do it justice. It was a wonderful box and I am very pleased!!!
    I will be back tomorrow with an inventory.
    Carmen, Thank you so much!
    Welcome back to the web, Fran, and hello to everyone else.
    Alana

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone!!!

Carmen, so glad you were happy with your box. The heuchera is Melting Fire not ring of fire. Sorry for the confusion.

Shirley, congrats on your husbands new job.

Fran, glad to see you back. I know how hard it is to use dial up when your use to high speed. Grrrr....Hope you get that straightened out for your sanity sake.

Sassy, did you get my address this time from my email? or get the one off of my website?

Pat, glad to see you back too. I know what you mean about visitors. You breathe a sigh of relief when they leave. Not that you don't like seeing them but you can finally relax when they are gone.

Vic, How's the little one doing? Better I hope

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Denise

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Here ya go Dear! (again, not trying to persued you into anything!) 'snicker'
    http://daylilydream.com/proddetail.asp?prod=D201
    While you are there check out Chili spice and Candid colors! Although they are a little rich for my blood, I love that Chili spice : )

Fran, it's good to have you back!!! I'm not worried about when you send my box, the beg. of Aug is fine : )

Pat, I couldn't imagine unexpected guests for that long!
    Yes, Zack is much better, thanks!

Hi to everyone! Gotta go, we are going out for Mexican, I'm thinking of a nice BIG margaritta! whoohoo

Here is a link that might be useful: Daylily Carmen Marie

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Karen, I sent you an email yesterday. Did it come through ok?

Vic, glad the little guy is feeling better. I'm so jealous, I haven't had mexican food in forever. Sounds soooo good right now.

Alana, I can't wait to see what Carmen did with your box! Pictures PLEASE!!!!! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I took the pictures yesterday but I did not have time to separate them from my work pictures until this morning.
    Carmen included the items listed, as well as an additional sedum and another lacy Coleus that I love. I have most everything planted out, but am still trying to decide which pot to put the lemon grass in. I love it!
    I really loved the votive holder she sent and I hung it in the lower garden, but I think I will move it to the patio later...very pretty.
    {{gwi:1288616}}

but what I really wanted to share was the ring holder she MADE. She made it. Amazing. I did not get to look at it long though. My mother collects little porcelain shoes, and she grabbed this to put in her display for a while.
    {{gwi:1288617}}

Is Miss Carmen crafty or what?

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Alana, I love the votive holder and that ring holder is gorgeous! I know those little porcelain shoes that your Mom collects. That is precisely what Carmen's Jewelry shoe reminds me of. They are so precious. Your mother and I must be distantly related, I see she has my character trait for swiping things.

Congratulations on such a wonderful box.

Tracy

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

Carmen,
    Wow, your shoe/ring holder is gorgeous.. what a neat idea!
    I also love the votive that you sent, beautiful water blue color!

Miss Sassy,
    Your package was mailed out on the 24th. Sent to your PO box. #0309 0330 0000 8510 0158.

I also added a huge Pottery barn book/decorating ideas for you to enjoy! Also a cookbook! ;)

Have to run, making hotdogs on the grill for lunch!

Hugs,
    Deb

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello girls! Hope you all have had a great weekend:)

I'm a little excited, This is my first post from my brand new laptop. I LOVE IT!!!! Yes Tracy, I'm sittin' on my bed watchin' tv and typing away, this is the best thing since sliced bread!!! Did I say I LOVE IT??? Ok, I'll try to calm down. lol

Before I forget, Karen, I received your iris from Annie's swap and thanks so much sweetie, I just love how you packaged them:) I really appreciate them alot, and I'll post over there also. Just wanted to mention it here in case you checked in here 1st. (Also thanks for the sweet note and Kenzie is giving BIG hugs back to you!

Denise, I've never received an email, but I have your website marked so I'll get it from there.

I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted so everyone please forgive me for not speaking individually but i'm going to start from here. lol

Deb, thanks sweetie, I'll be looking out for it. I'm really excited about it and you certainly didn't need to add more, but I'll love looking through them!

Back later,
    Sassy

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Sassy, I am working on the August swap stuff now. I am going to email it to you so you can post it.
    It will take me forever to get it posted so it is better if you do it! Good grief it took me almost 45 minutes just now to actually get THIS page to load I SOOOOOO hate dailup and if I have to keep it think I will just stop getting online altogether! (after helping host August that is, lol)
    He is working on getting us back on DSL I am hoping by Aug 7th we will be back up and running with that.

HEY everyone, just thought I would say HI. No, I STILL haven't gotten over this nasty sinus infection I have nasal pain at the moment and when I email Sassy the August stuff I am going to bed! ERRRR, this sucks. I THOUGHT it had went away but today it has came back.
    (Tracy I got antibiotics I HOPE to get fill tomorrow ;) ).

OK, going off to email the August stuff to Miss Sassy.

:) Fran

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

I sent the August info I checked it it looks good to post, post exactly as I sent it and all will be well..

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Alana, That is a beautiful glass votive holder Carmen sent you. The jewelry slipper is very nice too. What a great box.

I made another bed for all the new plants I received in the swap. I convinced my DH to dig up the grass in an area that was hard to mow. He didn't protest. I thought to myself, that was easy:) I was worried he may protest but he didn't. It is all mulched but I still have room for more plants. YEAH...

Denise

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Fran, I will do my best to remember my orders! lol
    Glad to see you back online, I know the dial up is aggravating, we need to post all pics on the 'pic thread' until Fran gets straightened out. Oh, and I haven't gotten an email and no....its not in my spam. I don't know why I don't receive emails thru GW anymore, I don't even get follow up posts when starting a new thread.

Carmen, I forgot to say that was a beautiful ring holder/shoe!!

Sassy

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hi all!

Sassy, so happy you liked my Iris' I sent! :) Congrats on the laptop!!

Carmen, that is a beautiful votive holder you sent, and of course you know I love the shoe ring holder! I'll get back to you on that yet!

Fran, I will email you this also, but your box is all packed and I will be sending it your way tomorrow! So sorry to hear about your sinus infection still acting up. Hope the antiboitics kick in fast!

I hope everyone had a great week end!
    Karen

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

OK Sassy, I sent the email through my email, which you USUALLY get.
    IF it isn't in yours now then I don't know what happened to it. I will resend it if you don't get it this time let me know!
    YOUR TOO FUNNY WOMAN, I wasn't barking out an order, I was just saying it has html text info there so post it as is and it will show up correctly LOL.

Thanks Karen, I am so excited, I can't wait to get the box WOOOHOOOO...YOU ARE TOO TOO SWEET!!!

CARMEN, OMG, I LOVE those ring holders, man I wish I would have gotten your box I would have loved to have had it just for one of those!!! (big grin inserted here)

Hello everyone how goes it? How was your weekends?

Ok, gotta run, will check back in sometime today. Sassy I am resending the info to you look over it make sure I didn't miss anything and if it looks good to your post it, oh I didn't add the group logo to the top you will need to do that I forgot too.

Ok Later everyone,

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hello!

Fran, I have your DC# It is: 0308 0730 0000 2115 9612

I'm sending you an email also!

Karen

Hope everyone is busy enjoying their gardens today!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOL Fran! I knew what you meant, just trying to give you a hard time:))

I did get your email this time. I'll try to get it posted this afternoon, I have the munchkin so I'll be on the run most of the afternoon.

Where is everyone? Tracy must be lost her internet, sure hope not. Tracy, where are youuuuuuuuuuu??????

Later,
    Sassy

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Woo Hoo! Sassy got her laptop! I bet you are digging it sister! I'm so glad it came quickly and you have it all set up. Way to go!

Hi everyone! I've been a little busy for the past couple of days. Hubby's birthday was yesterday so we all had a great day together. The kids decided their gift to him would be to clean his dump truck for him. They were hillarious to watch while washing it, they were filthy by the time they finished the job, the truck was as shiny as I can remember it being and Dad was smiling and laughing the whole time. It was a good day.

My box should fly tomorrow. I'll post DC when it is on the move.

Hugs,
    Tracy

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Well, what in the heck happened here? Was there a mass evacuation and nobody told me? Hmmm, looking around, sifting through the compost bin, nope, nobody there either. Oh well.

I have the DC #'s 0103 8555 7497 0416 0175, 0103 8555 7497 3561 7457, and 0103 8555 7497 2513 1697

I am sending three boxes because the plants are kind of tall and I didn't want them to lose too much foliage for when they get transplanted.

Ok, I am off to go beat the bushes to see who I find hiding under them next. See ya!

Tracy

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hey girls, I thought I was going to get here and find tons & tons of post. NOT!!!! Where is everybody

Tracy you better get a really big stick :o)

Alana I'm so happy you liked my box, I was really worried because in the begining it didn't get too many steals.

Sassy congrats on that new lap top, I bet your gardening life on the web is going to be so much easyer :o)

Deb, I do admit that was not my idea, but one thing for sure my name really should be 'Cannon or Xerox' I am a good coppier.hehe

Vic I havent bought that DL yet but I will soon I still have a bunch of plants to put in the garden from all the swaps.

Fran, you don't have to win my box to get a ring holder. WE could do a side trade if you like
    Lisa, Karen HI and any body else i forgot

I'm not seeing too mch action on the new game either, Wuzzup????

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Carmen, I don't know where these girls have gone off to. I think I will pass on the bigger stick and go straight for the weedwacker. Do you have one I can borrow? Mine isn't working, the silly pull cord is stuck.

Are you going to play in the Rainbow Elephant swap next month?

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Tracy I think I'll play just keep things going but I really don't feel tooo excited about it. It is waaaay toooo
    hot too be outside, the plants I just got are suffering. If it's not heat it's the rain, if it's not rain it's bugs ERRRRRGGGG Besides I think somebody else wants a shoe. hehe

Tracy what we really need is a fish finder that will tell us where they are hiding.LOL

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Oooh, yeah, I forget the dog days of summer in Florida have got to be horrible. I was there in June one year and that was hot enough for me. Blech! Adding bugs to the mix would put me over the top. Double Blech! (ptooey!)

Fish finder! That is just the thing we need to find our little guppies! LOL! Lord knows I've turned over every rock in the yard so I guess we search the neighbor's pond next.

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Miss Tracy your box was shipped today. DC #0309 0330 0000 2026 6338. I hope it travels well and that you will be pleased.

Thanks for letting me know to watch for my boxes! It's pretty exciting!

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Hi! Sorry to be MIA, I wanted to let Deb know that my daylilies are blooming right now and I am afraid to split them, but I do have pics! I'll get them packed up as soon as they are done : )

Tracy, don't be too jealous! We didn't have Mexican after all, and I was thinking ALL day about a HUGE margaritta : (
    I guess I misunderstood, the place he was talking about closes at 7 and they don't serve alcohol. But we still went out and had a nice dinner : )

Sassy, I am sooooo jealous! That is the one reason I want a laptop, sit in bed and play on the computer! LOL

Deb, here are 2 of the Daylilies
    For some reason I thought Rocket City had more red in it, it kinda looks like a "ditch" lily

Here is Ice Carnival (the wind ripped it a little)

My ham..... ; )

Carmen, I don't know why you haven't gotten it yet, I did all the work for you finding it and all! LOL
    And yes, you did great work on the ring holder!

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Good morning all
    Vic what is your hams name? thats a cute picture.

I do have to make room for that DL I waiting for it to get a little cooler here everything rots with heat and the rain. I don't think I'm going to get any more plants till after Aug.

Tracy I told you that fish finder would bring them out LOL

COME ON GIRLS WE GOT TO SUPPORT THE AUG SAP... I MEAN SWAP

I'm head right over to join!!!!! (runnuing as fast as I can
    Sassy, Fran I'm coming to join you honey!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

I am soooo tickled PURPLE, THANK YOU KAREN!!!! She sent:
    Hosta 'Paul's Glory' Replaced with Coreopsis Jethro Tull (we have BOTH learned to NEVER NEVER NEVER purchase Hosta from BOX STORES EVER AGAIN!)
    Heuchera 'Melting Fire'
    Daylily's:
    'Siloam Fairy Tale Pink'
    'Bama Bound'
    'Bela Lugosi' (YESSSSSSS)
    'Joan Senior'
    'Nefertiti'
    'Pandora's Box' (replaces the one I lost to my mother!)
    'Eenie Allegro'
    Sedums:
    'Neon'
    'Tricolor'
    added poss: Vera Jameson
    added JELLY BEANS OMG THANK YOU KAREN!!!!!!
    Dianthus 'Telstar Picotte'
    Lavender 'True'
    This noid Iris (see picture above)
    And this noid Iris (see picture above)
    Also a Pillsbury Party Cookbook 144 pages Replaced with PARK'S SUCCESS WITH SEEDS because she KNOWS I hate cooking and wouldn't have used the cookbook anyway LOL.
    Karen thank you for this book I will start reading through it tonight, I have already nosed through it so I will actually SIT to read it!

She included seeds baggies I always need these!

Seeds she included ARE:
    White Pampas Grass
    Allium Blue Drumstick
    Ageretum Blue Mink
    Bachelor Button Blue BoyAllium Ozawa Alba
    Aster Chin. Lilliput 'Blue Moon'
    Aquilegia WILLIAM GUINESS thank you!!!
    Marigold 'Solan'
    Potentilla cinquefoil Helen Dane
    Slematis tangutica Helios
    Asclepias incarnata 'Cinderella' thank you!!
    Dracocephalum 'Snow Dragon' have NO clue what this is, sound interesting! Very curious to find out!!! hehe
    Alshemilla Mollis 'Lady's Mantle (any hints HOW to get this one to grow? I have NEVER NEVER NEVER been able to start it from seeds) OH wait I have the BOOK now!!! I hope the info is in there!
    Cherry Red Lupine
    Nasturtium Strawberry Ice THANKS SO VERY MUCH
    ASSORTED BRUG SEEDS THANKS I ASKED FOR SOME ON THE BRUG FORUM!
    Nasturtium Alaska mix thanks, I needed some more
    Allium Christophii
    Snowball Bush
    Sedum s. Iceberg

Karen, thank you for the greatest box! The seeds were an extra bonus I didn't expect! I am so thrilled with the plants they all look super!
    I am so excited to have this box, I was thrilled with the contains that was listed, but the surprises have made it more fabulous!

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Yea!! I'm so glad that you liked everything! The Sedum Jelly Beans I just received this year in another swap, and was able to share it with you! Isn't it cute? The possible 'Vera Jameson' I received from a friend, the first sedum I ever had! I've looked at so many sedums, looking for a match and 'Vera Jameson' seems to come the closest. Mine forms a nice mound, and gets more of it's color as the summer progresses. I have some rooting in the house, and it is much greener than what is outside. I hope everything does well in your gardens, Fran! :)

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

I was just lurking on your Fall Swap, and saw the hen & chicks, and remembered that I sent you one in your box, did you find it?

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Fran, what an amazing box you received from Karen! Woo hoo! Chock full of surprises! Awesome!

Karen, you always add the nicest touches to all that you send. HUGS!

Tracy

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

SHOOT, Karen I KNEW I was missing something, the whole time I was putting that list together I was thinking something is missing something is missing.
    I went by YOUR list you sent me so it is all your fault LOL...

KAREN sent me a cute hen and chick too, THANKS Karen, I will be planting like mad tomorrow, I don't want to lose ANYTHING!

I do love the jelly beans, I saw it on a sedum site and thought it was the cutest thing. I didn't think I would EVER get any from anyone so THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!!!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey girls!

Quick post to say Shirley I shipped your box today and you should get it tommorrow. I'll post details later.

Denise, I tried to send your box po but they were closed!~
    Needless to say I wanted to blast them with one of Tracy's blowguns! It will be shipped tommorrow and you will have it Friday.

Deb, I got my box today! Love it and will post in a bit, but I've got to get dinner done I've been trying to post for awhile and couldn't get through.

Shirley, got my 'Shallow Water' also! Already got it planted. Thanks

Be back soon:)
    Sassy

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Carmen, his name is Zack (Zachery) that is not the best picture of him, but every time I take the camera out he has his head in front of it! LOL! One of my favorite pics Fran had made into an ornament for a PP's Christmas swap last year. I couldn't pack it away and have it hanging out still so he is always smelling the flowers! hehe
    She also sent me a photo of it and I have it in the living room, someone was over one day and thought it was a post card! lol

Ya, I know, I'm a little biased, but he is my one and only that I thought I would never have! : )

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Ahhh Vic, I am touched. I am so glad you really did like the ornament! Knowing you still have it out well...I just am speechless. Thanks from making my day/night/rest of the week!

I think he is precious too Vic so it isn't just you ;). I surely wish I COULD have another one. I NEVER ever thought I would say THAT before I died, but well, when all your babies move out you start thinking! (I KNOW everyone KEEPS saying grandbabies, but I DON'T THINK that will happen and it still wouldn't be the same)

That really IS a great pic of him though! Good thing you had posted it so I could use it huh? hehe....

well, trying to get things in order so I can head off to bed, you ladies have a terrific night!!!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

If any of you girls are still up would you please email me as sassyd@sccoast.net

I'm trying to get my email set up on my laptop and I just want an email from a real person, lol.

I've posted 2 threads speaking to everyone tonight and they went to cyberspace. I don't have the energy to do it all again. On top of that, had a complete post of Deb's box down to the last 2 packs of seed and poof! It was gone, I wanted to cry. Deb, I love my box!

I'll post in the am.
    Sassy

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Shirley your track #1z6408w10361051278 its out for delivery now.Denise yours is 1z6408w11362307730 both UPS, yours will be there tommorrow by 4:30. Btw, I had a little problem with Pink Grace and didn't want to send it out to anyone yet so to make it up i'm sending you a couple extra iris that I didn't see on your have list. Hope thats ok.

Deb, I haven't forgotten to post what was in your box, I'll be workking on that now! Just know I loved it!

Sassy

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Pat! Thank you so much for the most amazing box of gorgeous plants. It arrived a little while ago, all the plants are looking fresh and happy as if they were dug an hour ago. You sent tons of extras and all of them have me so excited I can barely type. You are simply amazing and have made me the happiest girl ever. ((((BIG SQUEEZES)))

Pat sent:

Hostas: Austin Dickinson, Julie Morss, Fire and Ice, Minuteman, Adrian's Glory, Holy Mole, Patriot

Heucheras: Dale's Strain, Creme Brulee, Licorice, Black Currant, Peppermint Spice, Cinnabar Silver, Mocha Mint, Sashay

Heucherella "Burnished Bronze"

Grasses: Eldorado, Feather Reed, Zebra, Fountain, and Maiden

Penstemon "Huskers Red"

Echinacea "Green Envy"

I'm so happy! I'm doing the HAPPY DANCE!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

I forgot Summer Sky Echinacea! It's in there too! LOL! I forgot to write it down in my excitement to get back in the house and post! Sheeze, I need to calm down, breathe, relax.. nope, can't do it... I LOVE MY BOX!

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Sassy thank you for the update.

Denise

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

OK, I'm back... I just finished making the plant markers for all that Pat (wonderful, wonderful Pat) sent me and I have a correction to make, she sent Penstemon "Red Riding Hood". I had a brainfart. Please excuse me. :O)

Thank you again Pat! I am hoping and praying that you like what I sent and it looks even half as good as what you gave me. This has been wonderful from start to finish. You're the best!

Hugs,
    Tracy

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Nice box Tracy & Pat!! Love those Heucheras!!

I sooo need to water my flowers tonight. They are so dry. It looks like rain now, but I don't think it's going to happen. Hubby called me at lunch to put the sprinkler in the garden, and I was busy serving lunch, and didn't remember about it until about 2:30! Oooppss! Oh well, he doesn't get home for 2 more hours yet.

We are suppose to be getting our bushel of cucumbers this week end and will be busy making our pickles. I mainly scrub them. Which is a killer on my neck, staring down into the sink. My dad picked up some sweet corn today! Yummy! Corn on the cob with supper tonight!

This past week end I went on a pulling spree! I pulled up all kinds of Rudbeckias. I had wintersowed them, and they looked nice blooming, but I had waaay too many. I needed room for other stuff. I need to do some more deadheading and trimming too.

I'll check back later!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok girls, heres what was in my box from Miss Deb!

Seeds......
    Pink Asiatic Lily
    Flowering Tobacco
    Monarda Wahpe
    Scarlet Flax
    False Sunflower
    Veronica spicata 'Blue'
    Sweet William
    Sweet Autumn Clematis
    Wildflower Seeds
    Blue Fescue Grass
    Nicatiana sylvestris

Caladium "Candidum"
    Allium Bulbs
    Caladium "F.M. Joyner"

Hummingbird Feeder
    Windchime
    Receipe Cards
    Cookbook----Receipes From the Middle of the Road
    Exotic Flowering Houseplants
    Country Gardens Magazine
    Fine Gardening Magazines
    Burpee Garden Designs
    Pottery Barn 'Home' (This thing is HUGE)
    1,519 All Natural All Amazing Gardening Secrets
    Martha Stewarts Gardening Month by Month

Wow Deb, I just love all of these books, and girl its almost August, I'd sure rather be looking through these books than out there in our heat!

Thank you so much, I just love it all:))

Hugs
    Sassy

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Sassy-Oh My goodness I received my wonderful box today....Thank You...Thank You....Thank You. It was like
    Christmas in July for me today. I looked up all the daylilies and they are exactly what I would have bought if I was shopping for daylilies. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I did not order any new bearded irises this year so now I will have new ones anyway.

Sassy sent:
    Irises
    Jilted
    Immortality
    Breakers
    Mariposa Skies
    Honorable
    Summer Olympics
    Rippled Stipples
    Carribean Dream
    Gypsy Romance
    Instructor

Daylilies
    High Blaze
    Sweet As Honey
    Jedi Tequila Sunrise
    Voices in the Dark (Wow what a Beauty)
    Slap Me Sassy (Wanted this one forever)
    Octopus Hugs
    Pumpkin Prince

What a great variety....love the spider daylilies. I will have new blooms next year. I love looking for the new blooms each year. Each iris and daylily looked great. It poured the rain right after I got home so I will have to wait until tommorrow to plant them.

Fran-What a cute idea with the ornament...Zack is definetely a handsome young man Vic.

Pat that box you sent Tracy is outstanding....Tracy it looks like you had Christmas in July too.

Shirley

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

OK Vic, your box WILL be going out tomorrow. I forgot to put something in it and I can't open it to put it in there because there is just no room! I want you to have what I have in there now so it is coming to you as is.

I am NOT sending the Hosta August Moon because well I got them from Wal-Mart and I found out that all the hostas from the big box stores have the HVX virus in them and I will not send them along, THESE do seem to have it so I will not be keeping them either ANYWAY, I did put something else in there to cover the minused plant I am sorry I HOPE you weren't looking for that one!

ANYWAY, I will post when I have your DC# it would have went out today but I missed the amail truck by 30 freaking minutes!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Sassy and Shirley those are amazing boxes that you both got! Woo Hoo and congratulations! It has been the best July ever! Shirley, you are so right, it is Christmas! LOL! Awesome!

Fran, I can't wait for Vic to open her box. LOL! I am like a little kid watching all my sisters get their present when they post their boxes. LOL!

I want to say something really quickly about the Hosta Virus X. It is common to find at big box stores but not all of them are contaminated. If you see distresses hosta at this time of the year it is also very common. I will post a link to hosta library's picture page with images of HVX on many different types of hosta.

If your hosta has burnt edges or yellowing veins it is not usually hvx, that is typical heat damage and the hosta is just trying to protect itself to survive the heat. Take a look at the pictures on the link and I will post some more links later to give you more info on safeguarding other hosta in the garden from contamination.

Hugs to all!
    Tracy

Here is a link that might be useful: HVX picture link

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Tracy, what mine have must be the virus, I know that stress can make them look terrible BUT mine have the ink blotchy mottled look, and the S. Elegans has the lumpy/Bumpy leaves.
    HOWEVER, I was looking over my August Moon today and the new leaves do NOT have the blotches and I am baffled over the virus and too terrified that those MIGHT have it, I don't feel comfortable passing them on to someone else that I trade with...I just couldn't do that so I will watch them this season and move the others that MIGHT be close to them so they don't touch them LOL.
    But I had looked at the Hosta Library photos of the virus and it just confuses me more. I wish I could get some of those test strips so I could know for sure, mine don't look as bad as the plants in those photos but I just don't know and don't want to take the chance on spreading it to anyone of my garden, I have some Hosta that came from Annie, and I would just dry if I lost those.

I love the box you got from Pat ALL those lovely Heuchera, I am so jealous! LOL. I hope I get as lucky as you on that.
    Sassy you sent a nice box out too!

Everyone had beautiful boxes and I am still just tickled purple over the Jelly Beans Sedum WOOOHOO, and Karen, my friend was floored when she found out I chose a box with a plant in it for her :) SHE is very happy to say the least so thanks again I appreciate the Joan Senior!!!

Speaking of ANNIE, how are you? I don't remember if this is your long week or not...

Ok, Fran is headed to bed it is WAYYYYY past my bedtime beleive it or not LOL.

Hello everyone, hope your having a good nights sleep!!!
    See you in that AM:

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Aw Fran, I know it is hard when they look suspicious. Isolate your August Moon and clean your tools afterward. Keep an eye on it and see what develops. I agree about sending anything that is iffy looking. Maybe you can take some pictures of the leaves and save them to refer to for new growth comparison.

Hugs
    Tracy

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Fran, one more thing I wanted to suggest is to look up what the characteristics are for the hosta. For instance, many hosta have a currugated trait in the leaves for the rippled look. Elegans is like that. Hosta Library has an A-Z index where people post pictures of each one and you can get to see what it will look like to compare yours to.

Here is a link that might be useful: Elegans Hosta

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

First off let me say once again say I am such an IDIOT!

Vic honey, I messed up on your box, I was thinking I had the large flat rate box BUT when I got to the PO the postmaster told me it was the 10.00 whatever box soooo I am sorry about that.
    Anyway, I had the wrong postage on it, I had the amount needed to send the Large Flat rate box so we had to remove some postage and he forgot to give me my DC#....
    IT DOES HAVE ONE, I JUST DON'T KNOW what it is, he will save it for me and I can get it Monday BUT I hope by then you will have it.

Anyway, I am sorry I screwed up. I had to take the plants out of their pots to fit them into the box, I was wondering why everything had to be taken out and I was thinking the box looked awful small BUT I always think those boxes look small even when I have the 'LARGE' flat rate box.
    I remember how big they used to be, they we bigger years ago ANYWAY, I digress....
    PLEASE forgive me, but we were in a rush at the post office the mail truck was already there to pick up and I THOUGHT he gave me the thing but I can't remmeber if he did or not and IF he did then I lost it in our truck but I searched it over and can't find it so I really don't know.
    ANYWAY, all your plants did fit so that is a good thing. I also included some other little things I hope you appreciate the gesture!
    Please let me know if something doesn't make it, it all looked great when I packed it but you know how traveling goes.
    The echies were small when I got them so they have grown a tad, I would put those back in a pot and baby them over winter if I were you, like in a garage or something.
    OH and there is something in there with no name, one is a NOID it is solid green I thought you would appreciate it and the other I have a name and when you open the pack with them in it which is in the very bottom of the box you will know what I am talking about when you get it I will send you the name of it.
    DO NOT OPEN IN THE HOUSE unless you want to make a mess, there is soiless mix on pretty much everything, just to forewarn you!
    Ok, I think that is it...HOPE YOU ENJOY THE BOX!