Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UPDATE: August - Garden Circle Exchange Ring

Posted by sandlapper_rose z7B-8A SC (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 31, 06 at 16:53

Another new month is here. Lots of heat to contend with in August.
Marie has her birthday on August 23. Are there any other August birthdays in the group? Don't be shy, let us know.
Have some ice cream with that birthday cake to cool yourself off.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Have a good month and don't forget to send to you pal!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: August - Garden Circle Exchange Ring

I just Posted A Thank you for Ann"s On my early
August Package :
Over on the july for this wan't here at the time
sorry I should have waited .

thank you again ann .
susie

o

That's okay, Susie. I thought I was an early bird getting this August posting up on July 31, but you were even ahead of me! LOL
Have a great month!
Jeanne

o

Suzanne, you box has been mailed. Conformation #0305-0830-0004-0713-8417.

Have a great month!!
Marie

o

Just letting everyone know, I may not be around much the first part of this month, and if I am I will not be in the best of spirits. So much is happening in our lives, and with the recent news that we are relocating to Dallas, let's just say my garden is being neglected and needs a lot of help right now. Now, on top of everything, we have had a suicide in the family. An uncle, who I grew up with. His mother came home yesterday from the grocery store and found his body and a suicide note. We went over after the police and coroner and everyone had come, and just held her last night, while she bawled so loud, saying what a bad mother she must've been. My heart is broken for her. This is not the first suicide we've had to deal with. My cousin committed suicide just about 3 years ago. Just please everyone, I must ask you to keep everyone involved here in your prayers.

I would still like to stay in this swap as of right now, this is one of my main joys right now, getting to know you all, and looking forward to that package every month. I didn't hear anything from my new pal SassyD last month, I hope she is doing okay.

We are really hurting right now, I don't even know what to say yet. Shock is wearing off, but I still am not sure what to feel. I needed to vent a little to you guys, and let you know what's going on if I don't post much this month. I need to go now, we went through a lot last night and I have got to attempt to get some sleep, if any sleep will come to me. Thank you everyone for listening.

~Summer

o

Oh, Zoe, so sorry to hear about your uncle. It is hard on the whole family but especially for his Mom. Take time to take care of yourself and each other.
I've been in swaps with SassyD before and she is usually a great pal. Sure hope there is not some big problem in her life too. There seems to have been so many with really bad stuff going on this year.
Zoe try to keep hanging in with us because like you say... you need the little extra pick up from a surprise in the mail.
Good luck and God bless.

o

Summer, my prayers go out for you and your family. How very tragic and I can only imagine how everyone must feel. Get some rest and take time to heal. As for the group, I know everyone will be understanding that you have a lot to deal with right now. Please stay in the group. I will try to check on Sassyd. I heard from her in mid-July and she got your address and information on what you like at that time. From her e-mail message, she planned to get something right out to you, so like Beth said, I hope everything is okay with her.
You take care of yourself!
Jeanne

o

(((((((((Summer)))))))) My thoughts are with you and your family. We are all here for you to vent anytime. Lots of us are good huggers too! ;)

o

Hi Everyone!

First let me say to you Summer, I'm so very sorry about your loss hun! Please know we are all here for you and I apologize from the bottom of my heart for not responding before now, everyone that knows me....knows I'm not usually late, please forgive me. I thought I was supposed to begin sending in August to you, but I promise to make it up girlfriend!!! I feel terrible, and just want you to know I'm thrilled to death you're my new pal! I just unfortunately have a millon things going on and am on the top of the latest CRS list! Jeanne, I also apologize to you, please know I'm here, it may be short and sweet for the next month until I can get Julie's wedding over, but I'll keep checking in!!! Take care everyone and I hope all my fellow July b-day girls had good ones!!!

Summer, will email you personally, hope thats ok! You take care of yourself and know we're thinking of you even when we can't get on the puter!

Sassyd

o

Summer,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Karen

o

Summer, I will keep your family in my prayers,I am so sorry for the loss of your Uncle. You have so much going on please take care of yourself my friend. Sincerely, Susan

o

Recieved my package from Wynative today. Inside was a basket with seeds home grown and some store bought, a 3 minute purifying mask. a Little sunflower trinket with a seed packet for a necklace inside of it, a sunflower pin. Two crafty items, one a refrigerater note holder made from leg of jeans, and another is a flower hanging pot, made from a pair of little toddler jeans with seed packet sticking out from one pocket and little rake in the other, Very cute. Plus of course she always remembers something for the boys. :) Thank You Marie.

o

Thank you so much everyone for the good thoughts and prayers sent our way. The funeral was Friday morning, and things are calming down now with the relatives going back home. Saw some people I have not seen in years. I don't know why it has to take something like this for people to get together, it's sad.

Sassy, please don't worry sweetie, I am not upset. It was just a misunderstanding. And I don't mind at all if you e-mail me personally. I didn't get any e-mail from you, so if you sent anything through GW it appears as though it did not go through. :( My e-mail address is zoegirl2006@aol.com , if you'd like to e-mail me directly so it will get to me.

Susan, I am hoping to get something sent to you sometime this week, if I can get a little time to get to the p.o. Don't worry, I will get something to you this month, I don't want you to get left out.

~Summer

o

Summer...ok hun, I sent another one, if you don't get this one please let me know on here, thanks! Take care of yourself and I'm working on an extra special surprise for you!!!
Chin up girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!

Sassy

o

My package went out today for Alicia. USPS #0305 0830 0004 1527 2370.

Deb

o

Ann, I am mailing your package today on the way to work. I am sorry that I am running so late. I meant to mail it Monday, but ended up babysitting the grandbaby. She doesn't let me do much else but play with her. I sent you a note, no Iris but I will mail later.
Hope you like everything Karen

o

Suzanne, Sorry about not sending a plant but it has been over 100 every day for 3 weeks now... didn't think I could get it moist enough to make the trip. Glad you liked the denim gifts :) Enjoy the rest of your month, Marie

o

It's raining here and feels WONDERFUL!!!. We could use about 4 or 3 more days worth but I'm thankful for what we are getting.
Mary Ellen your package went to the Post Office today. Maybe it will arrive Monday. One I mailed Tuesday arrived already (today) in WI. Seems quick to me but no complaints on speed, just on too slow.
Hope everyone is enjoying the break from the heat.

o

Hello Friends!!! I have a Incoming package for Debbie/Oklahoma...confirmation #0301 0120 0002 6839 8597 continuing on the "Tropical" theme, the only way to go in August I think!!! It will need a pot upon arrival. School has started here in FL, all the moms are doing the happy dance. Especially this one!!! ;P

o

Karen,
Your package arrive today. I really enjoy your packages and hold them off until I have a quiet moment to savor them.
Here's what Karen sent this month:
A great frame with really cute cats that will find a beloved picture for my five crazy cats, a "Welcome" plant stake that I have a perfect place for on the front side of the house beside the driveway, a wildflower seed mixture that will definitely help my hillside garden tremendously, a "Welcome to My Garden" placque that I'll hang on the maple tree beside my new shade bed, and some tasty taffys and teas that are much appreciated too. Karen, you are the GREATEST! Thank you!
Ann

o

Glad you liked the package Ann. I should be able to get out and dig up some of the Siberians I told you about on Sunday or Monday. The ground is so hard and dry that I will have to water for a couple of hours first. We did get a light sprinkle the other night but not enough to do any good. It did feel good to have a few drops hitting my face though.

o

I hope everyone is doing okay and that the folks who needed rain are getting some. For awhile, every time we got rain it was 2 inches at a time, but this morning it looks like there will be a consistent, medium amount of rain so that will be good for the plants.
Have a good weekend, everyone!

o

Today I got a wonderful letter with a picture of Susan's cute gardening buddy.
Plus a nice plant. It's a Cycad (Sago Palm) that arrived in perfect condition. I've already potted it up & it's in on my desk right now.
Thanks Susan, you're the best. :)

Karen,
You should have your gift from me today or Monday. Enjoy. :)

o
RE: Zoe

Summer,
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Uncle. I'll say a prayer for you & your family.

I just now read this forum for the first time this month. While I'm late in my condolences, they are heartfelt.

o

Jeanne/Sandlapper Rose -- a box went to the post office today for you. Keep an eye out for it Monday or Tuesday. Hope you like it!

Marie/Wynative -- I can't get any e-mails through to you, I've tried GW, my yahoo address, and my AOL address. For some reason your e-mails are getting to me, but mine keep bouncing back when I try to e-mail you. ??? If you're still interested in the plants I offered on the Plant Exchange just send me an e-mail with your address and I'll get them in the mail.

o

Debbie,
I am glad to see your post. I was getting a little worried about you since it has been a while since you have been on the robin. I am so sorry that you are having such a hard summer. I hope that you get to feeling better.

Thank you so much for the lovely gift. Debbie gave me a gift certificate to Gardner's Supply. Such a generous gift. It will be hard deciding on something, they have such nice things. I will post once I make up my mind. Thank you so much Debbie.

I have been working on my summer project, putting a brick paver path around my pond. I am just about done, I am weeding and mulching the area inside of it. It is turning out so nicely. I am very happy with it. Now, if this heat will break a little, I can transplant some of my plants there. I guess I will have to wait for fall for that. Hope everyone is hanging in there through the heat.

Karen

o

• Posted by mellen 4a/5-ctrl. IA (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 14, 06 at 0:37

I received my box from Beth. I will post later all of the wonderful things that she sent. WooHoo!! Mellen

o

Just checking in on the board. Hope everyone is well.

Thank you very much for the prayer, Debbie. We need all the prayers we can get. Thank you for caring, I love being in the company of so many wonderful ladies here on this board.

Susan, I apologize for not getting to the P.O. last week. I do have something for you that I hope you will enjoy. I hope to get it mailed the next couple of days. Forgive me for being so late getting going this month! Oh, and if you get a spare minute, (maybe you will now that school has started, woohoo! lol) could you drop me an e-mail and let me know some more things about you? I'd like to get to know some of the things you like and enjoy. GW's e-mail messaging doesn't appear to be working lately, so you should e-mail me directly. And I don't have an address for you, so here, my address is zoegirl2006@aol.com . I really hope to be a good pal to you. Even though we are going through a move, I want you to be happy with me as your pal. You seem like a great lady and you should not have to be dissapointed!

~Summer

o

Tue, Aug 15, 06 at 0:31

Beth, I received my box from you this week-end. First of all, Jim thanks you kindly for the Big Red gum! lol He thought that was awfully nice. SECOND of all, I have NEVER had TastyKakes before. Where do you GET them??? Yummy!!! Do they come in other flavors? Just wondering. :) Thank you for the magazines and the book. I do get two of the mags. but I don't remember reading either issue. I really got a kick out of the big yellow ducky pineapple soap on a rope. I'm trying to imagine actually using this for real. hahahahaha Whoa there little ducky! Thank you for the wonderful smelling candles and the candle holder. Perfect for using on the deck where they won't get blown out. Darling butterfly socks, and metal plant stakes, a BUNCH of fertilizer spikes--this is all just too much, Beth! Lastly a beautiful deep blue and gold round trinket box. The top of it has the face of the sun and the sides have shooting stars on it. I just love it, Beth. I will use it for my rings and cross necklace that I wear daily. Beth, thanks bunches and lots for such nice and fun things again this month. And yes, I will reuse the envelope that you sent along, too. You are just too funny! Mellen/Mary Ellen

o

Faintheart- Did your daughter get the picture taken yet? Or did you use up all the battery power. LOL Hope your plants made it alright. It has cooled down here and is actually nice to be outdoors. Yippee...!!!! Have a few plants myself that need to be transplanted.

Marie, Don't worry about the plants. Its finally cooled off enough here and is more pleasant to be outdoors in. Hoping tomorrow to take in the zoo with the boys. :)

o

Wed, Aug 16, 06 at 0:17

Carol's box is all packed and will be going out in the mail on Wednesday. Mellen/Mary Ellen

o

Mellen I think the "tasty Kakes are a Philadelphia specialty. I grew up with them and never realised you can't get them just anywhere.
The ones I sent you are my favorites and come in two standard flavors the top layer of filling is either cream or Peanut butter. There are also "seasonal" specials like green mint for St Patty's day. I'd have sent those but I was still in Alaska....... they are SO GOOD and definately diet busters.
Glad you liked 'em

o

Susan,

A little something is on it's way to you, heads up!
Conf. # 0306 1070 0002 8083 7096

~Summer

o

stephane :
Just wanted to stop in & let you know I will do my best to get you aug box in the mail very soon .
I thought that I had sent it just before I went to the hospital but I cannot find a conf # & I know I keep them all togeather .

so I must not of sent it last monday as planned :((
so sorry .
will try for this next monday.
susie

o

Susie,
I didn't know you had been in the hospital. How are you doing? Please let us know. Will tuck in a couple comfort items for you in September's box in a couple weeks. Really hope you're feeling better.
Ann

o

Alicia's package was mailed out and delivered according to USPS. I know Alicia's in the process of moving, so must be really busy. I'm glad it arrived, and hope the plant is doing well! It was so hot when I sent it, but wrapped it hopefully well enough!

Your item was delivered at 1:48 pm on August 10, 2006 in FRISCO, TX 75034.

Deb

o

Another great package received from Kelli! Kelli, thanks so much. I am always on the computer to look things up when you send me plants - so many I have not seen before - LOL! Anyway, in this package I received Gaura, Sedum 'Bertram Anderson' and Geum 'Lady Stratheden.' After I post this, I'd better pot them up. They look a little bedraggled at this point. I also received a really pretty rain gauge (forgot about mine last winter and it cracked...), some fruit flavored tea bags that sound great, and something called "Aqua Cool." I sure will be trying that out. It's still pretty hot for working outdoors and maybe this will help...

As always, thanks so much Kelli. I hope you are having a good summer.

o

Sorry to hear you have been in the hospital, Sue. I hope you are feeling much better now. Take good care of yourself!

o

Hi Ladies
Still hanging in there one day at a time & trying to
keep up on everything .

I Just found my sent & received list & I see that I didn;t get my aug box out to Stephanie , Steph I'm
sorry & will try to get it in the mail by monday .

thank you for being patient with me guess this
month got ahead of me :((

susie

o

I just received another wonderful box from my pal Mellen, a friends tea light holder, a rooster with a hoe? tootsie roll candies a wroght iron garden hanger with sun flowers and lady bugs another of my favorites and a gorgeous wolf hanging, boy I love getting wolves. also a screaming monkey sling shot? going to grandson, so he can shoot things at me. as usual I love it all you are the bestest pal. thankyou miss Mellen. Beth likes getting us addicted to tasty cakes then cutting us off. Beth I finally found you birthday card and love it thankyou hugs carol

o

Happy Friday everyone, I received my package from my buddy Summer today. She sent the latest Birds and Blooms magazine topic this month is wildlife, and a 140 page manual, Garden butterflies of North America. This is so great, I can never get enough reading material. Thanks for the package it is very generous of you... Sincerely, Susan

o

Fri, Aug 18, 06 at 22:08

Carol, so happy you liked the "stuff." You do still have your chickens, don't you? Couldn't pass up the monkey. Somehow is just seemed "you." Know what I mean? Sending to you is such FUN!!! Later, Mellen

o

Carol,
Your box arrived today! Thank you so much! I don't have any iris, except an unnamed purple, yellow.

Carol sent several different iris!
I hope I copied the names right, the marker smeared a little. Carol, let me know if I've misread any of them. ;)

Iris-Champaine, Superstition, Beverly (couldn't read what was after Beverly), Red, Honey Glazed.

And two daylilies- Yellow Flag, Blue Jap?

Plus a purple candle (smells yummy), and 2 frogs, sooo cute!

Thanks Carol, I really enjoy your boxes so much!

Deb

o

It is yellow flag iris and blue japanese iris not daylillies.Iris beverely sills a pink.The frog is a pot sitter, glad you liked your box, I never know what to send, but want you to like it. hugs carol blue japanese iris

o

Carol,
Thanks for letting me know. I didn't think the Yellow flag and Blue Jap were iris. The leaves were so slender/thin, I thought for sure they were daylilies.
I love the blue Jap iris! Wow..can't wait for mine to cluster like yours! I've been trying to properly label all my plants. Especially those from trades/boxes. I'll be ready to trade next year! ;) I couldn't join the iris swap (on another thread), I only had 2 un-named to offer, I'll be way more prepared next time, thanks to you! ;)

I'm really happy to have a pink iris! Thanks sooo much!

Your boxes are always very thoughful and well put together, I'm so glad your my Pal!
Don't worry, I love everything you've ever sent!

Hugs,
Deb

o

Susie: What's this I read about a visit to a hospital??? Have no fears about getting a card or package out right away! Believe me... I know how life gets *REALLY* busy, and before you know it the 15th has come and gone!

-Stephanie

o

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still here, sorry to not keep in touch as usual. Summer your package will go out tommorrow, don't know if you got my last email, but if not please email me.

The shower is behind me, thankfully everything went so great! Was so proud...this is a pic of Julie..

Lol, everything she opened, they put another bow on her hat and we weren't near finished :)lol Couldn't have been more pleased. Everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves and the food, just went on and on about the decorations...........so it seemed to be a nice turn out.

You girls take care, Summer, if you didn't get a 2nd email from me, please let me know and i'll try again..

Sassy

o

Diane,

I got your e-mail, no worries! You have mail now, too.
Love the pic, that is great, lol.
I am very excited for my box!

Hope everyone is well, and I sure hope you are feeling better, Susie.

o

Hey Sassy Julie is beautiful. You have to be young and pretty to carry off that hat,....lol. Seriously though it sure brings back memories, how many of you gals have a similar picture rattling around in your closet?!!!(I do!)

o

Oh! And Susan,

So glad you liked the magazine and book! Sorry it wasn't a big package this month, but that butterfly book is a really good manual for learning about the butterflies in your area, and how you can attract them. Hope you are enjoying them both! (And you have mail, too.)

~Summer

o

So glad you liked everything Jeanne/Sandlapper! I was a little worried about the Gaura, it doesn't seem to travel all that great so I hope it recovers for you. My Mom swears by her Aqua Cool, but I haven't tried mine yet. Let me know how it does for you.

Stephanie/PastVast, thank you! Your box was received a few days ago (yes, I'm behind on everything right now). Stephanie sent me 4 kinds of Sedums, perfect for my rock garden! The one with the tiny little leaves is soooo cute! (Can you tell I've got a thing for tiny plants?) Thanks again Stephanie--I always look forward to your packages and letters. :-)

o

Howdy y'all! Deb, I did receive your package last week, I am so very sorry I haven't posted earlier. I am absolutely buried in boxes and packing and getting ready for my move which is a couple short weeks away. I'm typing this from work, so I can't remember at the moment what all was in the box except that lovely little plant and a beautiful pot for it, but it was as always a great box. Thank you so much!

And Summer, my late condolences on the loss of your uncle. And Susie, I hope you're doing better, sorry to hear you've had another hospital stay to contend with.

The Dallas area has been absolutely unbearably hot and dry this year, and much of my yard is doing poorly since we have such strict watering restrictions. I hope we get some substantial rain soon.

Marie, I hope I got your box out in time for your birthday, if not Wednesday you should see it Thursday I think.

Alicia

o

Shame on me! I should've posted long ago when Suzanne's package arrived but she does know I received it and love everything she sent! :)

I was hoping DD could get a good pic of the most unique part of my package but nothing we tried did it justice. It is the most beautiful upright rectangular crystal with a hummingbird sampling some roses etched in the middle!!! It is just gorgeous and sits on a little stand that lights up in a cycle of different colors. I sure do wish you all could see it! It is just so neat! Also in the package was a pretty kitchen towel and potholder, yellow, white and purple iris corms, beautiful daylily fans and a piece of a very pretty unidentified flower. Everything is planted and doing well. I am so spoiled by Suzanne!

Thank you again, Suzanne. :)

Hope everyone is getting a break from the extreme heat we had been having and enjoying the last of summer in the garden!

My package to Diane will be on it's way soon. ;)

o

Just wanted to say I managed to get a small gift out to stephanie this last friday & hope it arrived yesterday or today . & also to let you know I will make it up to you in sept :))

susie

o

Yesterday, I came home to a package from Susie. There was a piece of garden art that says Welcome; a marker; and a "mystery greeting" can.

The "mystery greeting" can requires further explanation... it's a bean plant with a message that appears on the non-true leaf. HOW DO THEY DO THAT??? I haven't opened mine yet to see if you can see the printing through the seed coat. Actually, I'm hoping to find a kid in the neighborhood old enough who would get lots of enjoyment from growing it! BTW... it's supposed to say "keep smiling".

I hope you all are having good months and finding ways to enjoy the "dog days of summer"!
-Stephanie

o

Happy Birthday Marie!!!

o

Happy Birthday, Marie. Have a wonderful day and I hope you have some flowers blooming on your special day.
Jeanne

o

Happy Birthday, Marie! I hope your day is very SPECIAL!

o

Happy Birthday Marie!!

o

Happy Birthday Marie,
Sorry this is a little late, I just got home from work. Hope you had a wonderful day!

Karen

o

Thanks everyone! I am having the best birthday month ever! My daughter, son, cousin and Garden Web Pal's out did themselves!

Marie

o

Summer your box in on the way girlfriend, hopefully I've made up for your wait:)) I sure tried! I had fun trying to surprise you and make you smile, hope you enjoy sweetie!
It's coming UPS and I'll post a confirmation # shortly.

Hope everyones having a great summer and taking care in this heat. At least it won't be long now before fall will be creaping in. I'm sure ready.

Marie....happy be-lated birthday, glad you had a good one!

o

Happy Belated Birthday Marie!

I'm glad you enjoying your birthday all month long. :)

o
fyi

Just wanted to post a note to let my pals & Jeanne know I'm going on vacation Aug.31 - Sept. 15th.

Karen,
If I don't get your package out early, I will at least send you a post card from the road so I don't miss the mailing deadline.

Susan,
I'm having my mail held at the PO so if you send during that time, I will post a belated thank you when I get back.

Jeanne,
Please don't kick me out of the swap if I'm late acknowledging any package during that time. Jester

o

"Please don't kick me out of the swap if I'm late acknowledging any package during that time."

LOL - I certainly won't. Have a great vacation.

o

Alicia,

You always send the best surprises! The little Lady is happily dancing in my Daylily bed and chickens flew for hours :) Sorry to hear the weather is treating you and your yard/flowers so terribly! Just keep looking toward the big move and 4 seasons :)) We haven't had a drop of rain since June here but it is suppose to happen for the next three day if the 'Witch' Doctor aka Weather Man isn't just messing with us. Will do my best to send it south for you on Monday.

This is what I recieved: Flower note pad, sticky note pad, Flower coasters~ I needed these!, The cutest spring loaded dancing Lady Frog! She has a leaf over her head like a parisol and amber colored jewels dangling off of her skirt and a Chicken Chucker hehehehehe My daughter and I had to much fun with this last night! FYI ~ you catapolt little rubber chickens and they fly like 10+ feet! We are not accruate enough yet for bulls eyes but the dogs & cats are still in hiding.

Have a great weekend everyone,
Marie

o

Summer your UPS confirm # is 1z6408w10353294290 Enjoy!

Diane

o

Diane,

Can't wait. :)))

We are finally getting some MUCH needed rain around here, it is great. Storms and rain off and on yesterday and all of last night. More coming tonight, too, looks like. I love storms, I like to sit out and watch the rain, and know that the plants are soaking it up and loving it. Hope those of you down in Texas get some rain, too! I know you have been going through a really bad drought. *doing rain dances for you*

~Summer

o

Debbie, Have fun on vacation, I won't send yours out before 9/15. Summer, we had rains here today in Pensacola, nice soaking rains finally! Didnt do any chores in the house, took a long nap and read and took notes on what was going on in various flower beds...Happy Sunday Everyone....
Susan

o

Susan,

That's great that you guys have been getting some good rains, too. Seems like everybody needs it this year.
Did you receive an e-mail from me on the 21st? I sent it direct, not through GW, so it should've gone through. Let me know if you didn't receive it, so I can try and send it again. Thanks!

~Summer

o

Jeanne/Sandlapper & Stephanie/Pastvast, sent you both an e-mail this morning so keep an eye out for them. :-)

Marie/Wynative, finally mailed my end of our trade today, should be there Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know if the Gaillardia doesn't recover, it pouts for a while when you transplant it and most of the time it recovers, but sometimes it just doesn't make it.

o

Thanks for letting me know Daisy. They should be here by Friday and I will have time to baby them :) I'll send yours out next week - I'll let you know what day.

Marie

o

I received my package today from SassyD, and let me just say, OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am overwhelmed by your generosity, Diane. This box weighed 28lbs, people...
I wrote down a list so I can remember everything that was in it, so I wouldn't leave any of the great items out when listing them on here. Here are all the wonderful things she sent me!!!!!

-2 dove chocolate bars. One I couldn't wait and ate already despite it's meltiness, and it was still just as delicious, (though the family stole it away and took bites off of it first, grrrr, LOL,) and the other one I'm putting in the fridge for later.
-The cutest glass bee night light, I just love it. And I do like a little light in my room, so I can see where I'm going when I get up to use the restroom which every stinkin' night, lol. So it will go to good use, I can promise that. It is so cute!
-A big butterfly stepping stone, which I really like! I love stepping stones.
-The prettiest little shiny blue glass petal plant mister. This is something I did not have that I just love!!! Can't wait to use it.
-A package of rawhide twisty treats, which Zeus and Zoe smelled immediately when I opened the box. They were sniffing intently in the box, shoving their noses into it. Couldn't figure out what they were doing that for, until I ran onto these! Zeus and Zoe have both already devoured one. (Wish I had my camera so I could've taken a pic of them enjoying them, but Dad took my camera with him on a trip.)
-The most beautiful metal birdfeeder, along with a large bag of wild bird seed to put in it. I have a big love for the birdies, and really enjoy feeding them. This is just so great!!! It is a very nice feeder, just beautiful.
-And, though of course I really love every single thing in this package, this might be my favorite. The most awesome hummingbird feeder I have ever seen! It has a metal frame around it with painted flowers, it is gorgeous. I know my description can't do it justice. I love feeding the hummers and eagerly anticipate them returning every year, and this feeder will definately go to great use, can't wait to use it. And she also sent a package of instant hummer nectar to go with it.
-And on top of everything else, a bag of food for my guinea pigs. I assume the fact that it is actually hamster/gerbil food was the mistake you were referring to in your e-mail. Sweetie, don't worry a thing about that. It is still greatly appreciated, and just because it isn't officially guinea pig food, doesn't mean I can't ever use it. It says it has vitamin-rich fruits and veggies in it, so I imagine if I mix a little of it now and then with their regular pellets, they will probably see it as a nice little treat. ;)

Diane, you are the best pal I could've asked for. I can't believe how generous you were with this package. I don't even know how to thank you enough for everything! But, I still have to say it... THANK YOU!!!

~Summer

o

Marie - glad you liked your box. I picked up that chicken chucker for you months ago, it looked like fun! And I think we may have gotten some of the rain you sent, but I was up north until Tuesday night so not really sure. I have a week left to go before I move and I am starting to stress out like crazy! But it will all get done in time, somehow...

Y'all have a great day!

o

Summer, so glad you liked everything! I really wanted to make it special for you, you certainly deserved it! Yes, I stood in that grocercy store I know 10 minutes or so trying to remember if it was guinea pigs or gerbals, lol, I'll make sure next time to send the right one, glad they can use some of it. Glad you liked everything sweetie and hope you enjoy! I'll try very hard to make sure and get next months out sooner, the wedding is next Sat. the 9th so every minute is crazy right now, lol, or maybe its just me thats crazy!

Been getting lots of rain from the storm, no rough weather, just a little wind. I think the house at the Outer Banks is probably getting worse treatment, but hoping for the best.

Hope you all are doing ok! Everyone please cross your fingers for me, that we have no storms next weekend:((
I do hope I can pull this off with good weather!

Diane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here