8. kmpsmom/Ann

9. fcoffill/Frances flowers/foliage for hot/dry **receved seeds**

1. evonnestoryteller (flowers) **receved seeds**

2. sassybutterfly_2008/Wendy (flowers)

3. mimib1/Brenda (any) **receved seeds**

4. luvgardening2/Nancy (veggies) **receved seeds**

5. ravenwv - flowers

6. esiuol/Louise **receved seeds**

7. quiltingfox **receved seeds/2nd pack**(toss rose hips)

17 rbrady/Rhonda **receved seeds**

1. urbanhula/titiana **receved seeds** edibles(fruit, vegies, berries, herbs) no kale no chard

2. saleado/jonathan dropped out

3. livingdedgrrl - flowers **receved seeds** got postage

4. ibartoo/linda flowers dropped out

5. candycow/candy **receved seeds**

6. astilbebstillz6a/ veggies/herbs/ **receved seeds**

7. daphne16/ veggies/herbs/eddibles **receved seeds**

8. kalena67/ karen **receved seeds**

9. greensingh/ flowers/foliage/grass/tomatoes **receved seeds**

10. kandituft/ flowers/veggies **receved seeds**

11. metull/melonie flowers **receved seeds**

12. flowers1/amy on the way

13. chrizty/christy flowers **receved seeds**

14. dorisl/doris **receved seeds** wants millet

15. southern charm/not toxic **receved seeds** receved

postage

16. grove spirit/ non toxic

17. christie199/christie flowers/herbs **receved seeds**

18. uncgardener/kara veggies/flowers **receved seeds**

19. gnomey/Gerri flowers **receved seeds**

20. musicaldeity/ anything

21. karendee/karen **receved seeds** **receved second pack*

22. momcat/ no trees no vegies **receved seeds**

23. lillyjane/jan **receved seeds**

well we still have 1 on the way and 5 missing players I will give them a few days(Till I get the rest of the last envie in) If I have not heard from them by then I'll just finnish up sorting and start returning the envies. I would like to get them ready by sat so I can go to the PO wile my DH babysits for me. but if our MIA's still want to send please get them on the way soon, and let me know to wait for them.

have a great night everyone

michelle

ps luvgardening/nancy - we used to live in WC. my DH parents lived on Charvers when I met him. and I worked at Magan Med clinic. but I lived in Chino, the commute was killer. I hope you are not too hot, can you see the SB mountains today, I do miss seeing the mountains.

Comments (67)

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello
    sorry to be gone a wile, I have been up to my ears in seeds and covered in poison oak. last friday I got up and my eyes were mostly swollen shut, I could see just enough to get the boys dressed, in the truck and drive to the urgent care. after a shot in the.... well you know where. and 4 days of steroids I'm not itching so much and the swelling has gone down. the funny thing is I don't rember touching it I was just pulling out wild grape vines at the in laws house. oh well so much for my problems.

it's funny we have tones of bunnies and they never touch the garden, the biggest problem I have is running in to the nests of baby bunnies when I'm planting in the spring of mowing them out of the tall grass. it may come from the fack that I have more weeds in the lawn than grass, they seem content to eat this.

well now on to the important stuff, I got the seeds packed and in the mail on sat, all except sue's you wanted DC# and the PO was closed by the time I got there, but I will go mail it tomarrow.

please post when you get them and I hope you like some of your new seeds. thanks for the gifts and seeds, now it's kind of a downer no more envies to wait for. well till the next swap.

I will be starting a fresh seed swap in the fall maybe sept or oct. I'm already packing up some of my early seeders, like poppies, columbines, clematis, and daisies.

1. Micyrey/Michelle **receved seeds**
    2. panchiro/Simone
    3. amybabyboy3/Amy
    4. booberry85
    5. sguanzon/sue
    6. vic_zn5/Vic
    7. kristlindgren/Kris
    9. fcoffill/Frances

1. evonnestoryteller
    2. mimib1/Brenda
    3. esiuol/Louise
    4. quiltingfox
      17 rbrady/Rhonda
    5. urbanhula/titiana
    6. livingdedgrrl -
    7. candycow/candy
    8. astilbebstillz6a/
    9. daphne16/
    10. kalena67/ karen
    11. greensingh/
    12. kandituft/
    13. metull/melonie
    14. flowers1/amy
    15. chrizty/christy
    16. dorisl/doris
    17. southern charm/
    18. christie199/christie
    19. uncgardener/kara
    20. gnomey/Gerri
    21. karendee/karen
    22. momcat/
    23. lillyjane/jan

have a great day everyone
    michelle

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about the poison oak! My Mom is very allergic to poison ivy. She doesn't need to touch it to get it. She got it in the middle of winter. Some of the oils must have been on the snow. I'm glad to hear your doing better.

Excited about the seeds! I'll get them in time for my birthday!

• karendee
    15 years ago

Oh Michelle! so sorry you got it so bad. I hope the meds clear it up real quick for you! My hubby is terribly allergic to poison oak and ivy and he goes on steroids right away...

thanks for sending out the seeds I am so excited!!!!
    Karen

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Hope you feel better soon Michelle! I am extrememly alergic to almost everything outdoors and eat more antihisamine than anything else during the summer (spring and fall too come to think of it)

Thanks for hosting this great swap! Looking forward to the next one, I got seeds aplenty drying now! I think seeds swaps are my favourite.

Frances

• lillyjane
    15 years ago

I feel for ya girl ! I usually get it once a year, & need the steriods. It was real rough for me when I was working in the school kitchen as a cook. Man, having to be in that hot kitchen workin around the ovens with that was a real B!*#!*!!! well ya know what I mean. But this to will pass ") I am excited about the seeds, just like Christmas in July.
    :-D I have bachelor button, blanket flower, & some rose moss seeds drying now.
    Get better soon, Jan ")

• kristlindgren
    15 years ago

I got my seeds today! Thank you everyone for the wonderful mix, and very big thank you to our host!

Kris

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Michelle, you poor thing!! I hope it's gone by now! I don't usually get it 'knocking on wood' but my brother is highly allergic to it and I've seen how miserable he gets with it!

I just checked the dc# and I should get my seeds today!!! YIPEE!!

Thanks SO MUCH! for all the work you put into this!!!

Vic

• metull
    15 years ago

I recieved my seeds today also! Thank you everyone, especially our hostess. I hope you are feeling better.

Melanie

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

I received my seeds also! It was so much going through seeds again! Thank you so much, Michelle, for all of your hard work hosting this swap! I can't wait for the fresh seed swap in the fall!!

Karen

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

WELL....I did get a bubble envie today, but it wasn't my seeds!!! NOT even MY envie!! It belonged to someone in a different neighborhood! SO.......I drove over there thinking (hoping) she got my envie, NOPE! I've had sooooo many problems with mail here I'm ready to move again!

It still just says it left the po here this am so I'm hoping she caught it before putting it in someone elses mailbox! But, I won't know till Sun night, I'm leaving to go on a fishing trip tomorrow morning. I'll let ya know Mon. if I got them

Vic

• chrizty
    15 years ago

hope you feel better michelle, my son has poison ivy all over him right now no fun:(

[quote]
    or for me some fabric. I tell family "get me a yard of fabric or a plant" every year and they think I am joking. I love to sew and fabric is like an addiction. So are plants!!!
    Karen
    LOL thats so true, i alway scrap quilted but last year was my first time i ever bought fabric, holy cow what an addiction!! lol i cant stop! ive bought fabric i didnt even need cause it was on sale! i might need it someday lol

• quiltingfox
    15 years ago

Received my wonderful seeds. Thank you bunches for hosting and for all the gardeners who participated in this swap. Would like to participate in future swaps that you host.

This is my first Round Robin. Are you suppose to do R&R for everyone you get seeds from and the hostess, or just the hostess???

Best to all of you and many thanks,
    quiltingfox

• chrizty
    15 years ago

i got my seeds today!!! whoohoo!
    thank you so much michelle n all yins that sent in seeds:)
    im having a blast going through them all!!

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

I got my seeds today! Thank you Michelle and thanks to everyone who sent in such a lovely assortment of drought tolerant seed! Funny it should arrive in the middle of a downpour!

Doing some research now!

Frances

• karendee
    15 years ago

I got my seeds yesterday!!

I can't wait to look them all up and figure out when I can plant them. I want to do it now!!! I am impatient :)

thank you so much they were awesome and so many of them!!!! I feel guilty I only had a few to share!

I am waiting patiently to harvest my own seeds this year. I have lots of new plants I am letting go to seed. lets hope I do it right! So if I do I will send several fresh seed packets.

Karen

Karen

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

I got mine today too! YAY! Was very exciting going through all that was sent. Now I too have to research! Great mix, thanks so much for hosting Michelle, you've done a wonderful job!!! :)

Kathy

• astilbebstillz6a
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I received my seeds too, a really nice assortment! Thanks so much for hosting Michelle, and to all who participated in this swap. Have a great day!...Marylee

• panchiro
    15 years ago

Hi Michelle,
    I received my seeds today. Thanks for a great selection and all of your hard work.
    Simone

• gnomey
    15 years ago

I got my seeds today. Thanks Michelle!

Amazingly there were no liatris or datura in there.. haha.. I'm not complaining though, I think I already have some of each of them in the seed box.

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Michelle, Thank you for all the great seeds and all your hard work. It was a great swap! Amy

• dorisl
    15 years ago

I received mine today and have already planted a bunch for fall.

:)
    Thanks Michelle!

• rbrady
    15 years ago

Thanks Michelle! I received my seeds yesterday! What a nice assortment you sent! Thank you for all the work you did sorting those seeds out. You must be one organized lady!

Thanks again!

Rhonda

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Michelle, I received my package of seeds yesterday. WOW is all I can say. Thank for putting this swap together. I am AMAZED at the assortment I got. I have plans on sowing some of the seeds this weekend.

What a small world it is. Does your in-laws still live here in WC? It has been very HOT and last week it was quite Humid. Cannot see the mountains of late.

Thanks Again!!!!

Nancy

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

Michelle, I received my envelope. Thanks again for all your work. I received a wonderful assortment of seeds and you included some I've really been looking for and can use right away. You rock!

Sue G.

• lillyjane
    15 years ago

The seeds came yesterday, thanks so much for hosting this swap. I was very please with the variety. You are one very together girl to keep all this straight.
    Thanks again, Jan ")

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Received my seeds today. Thanks so much.

• momcat
    15 years ago

I received mine today, thank you so much for hosting this.

Deb

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

I received mine today as well!~
    Thanks a bunch!
    Kara

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello
    I'm so glad so many have gotten home so fast
    1. Micyrey/Michelle **receved seeds**
    2. panchiro/Simone R
    3. amybabyboy3/Amy R
    4. booberry85 R
    5. sguanzon/sue R
    6. vic_zn5/Vic
    7. kristlindgren/Kris R
    9. fcoffill/Frances R

1. evonnestoryteller
    2. luvegardening R
    3. mimib1/Brenda
    4. esiuol/Louise
    5. quiltingfox R
      17 rbrady/Rhonda R
    6. urbanhula/titiana
    7. livingdedgrrl -
    8. candycow/candy
    9. astilbebstillz6a/ R
    10. daphne16/
    11. kalena67/ karen R
    12. greensingh/
    13. kandituft/
    14. metull/melonie R
    15. flowers1/amy
    16. chrizty/christy R
    17. dorisl/doris R
    18. southern charm/ R
    19. christie199/christie
    20. uncgardener/kara
    21. gnomey/Gerri R
    22. karendee/karen R
    23. momcat/ R
    24. lillyjane/jan R

looks like 19 out of 32 have made it home, I'm very happy you like your seeds.
    my next swap will be starting in late sept to early oct, so we all have time to save and dry lots of new seeds to trade.
    I'll be checking in soon
    happy gardening
    michelle

• kandaceshirley
    15 years ago

my seeds arrived safely home. Thank you Michelle for hosting and thank you everyone for playing - it's a wonderful selection!

• greensingh
    15 years ago

I received my seeds as well. Thanks for hosting this swap so efficiently.

• evonnestoryteller
    15 years ago

I got my seeds today too! Thanks! I have a couple of new things to try. That is really nice. Thanks for all of your hard word too.

• evonnestoryteller
    15 years ago

Lol. That should be work. (...thanks for all your hard work!) I did not get any hard words. ;-)

• flowers1
    15 years ago

I got my seeds today. Have alot that I have never heard of so I can't wait to look them all up. Thanks, great seed swapping. Will join in again next time.

• urbanhula
    15 years ago

hi there!
    i got my seeds yesterday
    thanks so much for all of the patience and hard work!
    can't wait to plant them!
    -tatiana/ urbanhula

• MimiB1
    15 years ago

Hi Michelle, Got my package of seeds Sat. Thanks so much for hosting. Happy Gardening!
    Brenda

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Got them!! They did come while I was gone!
    Thanks so much Michelle for all the work you put into this and for everyone that sent seeds! I got a great assortment!!
    Vic

• christieb199
    15 years ago

I received my seeds.

Thanks for hosting this swap!!

• booberry85
    15 years ago

So what was your favorite loot you received? I received Purple Queen beans. Hurray! I received some seeds earlier this year and am growing them for the first time this year. I also received Big Bertha peppers. I grew these peppers when I first started gardening. They did amazingly well. I haven't been able to find the seeds since.

So tell me about your favorites from the swap.

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Oh mine would have to be the Love Lies Bleeding! I have wanted that one soooo very badly and I got it in this swap! I didn't even think to expect such a great surprise!!! :D

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello
    my fav that I "receved" was a black bachelor button.
    I grew these last year but forgot to save myself some seeds.
    it looks like we have 4 people that have not receved their seeds yet. I hope they get them soon.
    I have been packing my seeds from the columbines, they did well this year.
    happy gardening and see ya later
    michelle

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

I really don't know if I could chose just one favourite, so many new varieties I have never had before. A couple seem so exotic to me, Talinium (can't wait to gorw this) and "Mexican Bird of Paradise" I am preparing this seed to plant now!

So many seeds so little time....

Frances

"All of the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of yesterday"

• chrizty
    15 years ago

i cant choose just one fav either, theres way to many! lol i love these swaps! cant wait for oct ill be in that one too!:)
    i received pale yellow holly hocks!! YAY i dont have any yellow:) sweetwilliams,daturablackswirl,iris,coreopsis,hardy hibicus, amarathus pigmy torch, lol the list could go on n on!

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Despite the fact that I did put Datura seeds in the swap, I'm glad now that I got some other Daturas in return. The ones I grew for my Mom just bloomed over the weekend. She loves them! I'm glad I have a few other varieties to try.

• gnomey
    15 years ago

I got so much good stuff it's hard to say what was my favorite. I'm looking forward to all of them and sowed some verbascum and janie marigolds today.

• chrizty
    15 years ago

daturas are beauitful hu! i love em and brugs:)
    brugs i have to store indoors for winter n dont have much room but daturas i can keep seeds n regrow the next year:)
    i got my first bloom off my brug today! wow! its huge, beauitful n smells like heaven!

• candycow
    15 years ago

i got mine too
    thanks so much

• karendee
    15 years ago

I see some people have planted their seeds....
    I wonder if I should too? I have so many I don't want to wait till next spring. they should have enough time to get established right?

any ideas?
    maybe just winter sow a bunch and see what happens?

Karen

• dorisl
    15 years ago

Hi Karen!

Perennials and Biennials are good for sowing now. The annuals, of course, are too late now, they wont have time to grow.

• karendee
    15 years ago

thanks, dorisl I am going to plant some this weekend!
    Karen