Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

Interest In An August/September MNF trade?

dan_the_mailman
13 years ago

I was just checking the MNF 2010 trade schedule, and it although someone named Gladys signed up to host the August Swap, there's no trace of a posting. Nor has anyone signed up to host the September MNF swap. Last August I hosted a perennial exchange, which seemed to go over pretty well, so here's my question. How about combining all three? If there's interest, I'll host a perennial exchange for the MNF group (anyone is welcome to join the swap), with sign-ups through, let's say, August 21, and packages going out by September 1st, giving the plants plenty of time to settle into their new homes before winter (yeah, I said the "w" word) hits. I'll give this a few days so people can think about it and let me know if they're interested. If we do this, I'll post a new thread by Tuesday night, which would be August 3rd.

Peace.

-Dan & the Wee Beasties

Comments (6)

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here are my thoughts on an exchange. We'd limit the box-size to the medium-sized flat rate box from the post office, packed with perennials from our gardens. Then, we'd choose to exchange with 1, 2, or 3 partners. We've been doing something similar over in the Seeds-n-Stitches swaps this summer, and it's been working out pretty well.
    So, what do you all think?

-Dan

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

Dan~Gladys contacted me a few days ago. She is getting ready to post her swap. I think she is waiting till the 1st.This might be a great idea for Sept though!

later....April

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for letting me know April. I'll post this for the September swap then. In the meantime, people can be thinking of what they'd like to send, and how many people they'd like to swap with.

later...Dan

• carrlinesue
    13 years ago

HI,

I'M INTERESTED

SUE

• antiqueorchid
    13 years ago

Dan, I am interested:)

Denise

• winnie850
    13 years ago

There is a swap for August if anyone is interested.

Check out the "A" is for August swap.

Thanks,
    Gladys