Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

No Limit Fall Plant Swap

ncgardengirl
14 years ago

No Limit Plant Swap

The items sent in can be BULBS, RHIZOMES, CORM'S, SEEDLINGS at least 4-6 inches tall and NOT LEGGY ones and MUST BE 4-6 INCH TALL PLANT AT LEAST!

GUIDE LINES TO FOLLOW:

1. First thing SIGN UP

2. HAVE FUN, all swaps are meant to be fun!

3. The plants you include must be at least 4-6 inches tall and NOT LEGGY STARTS! They must be something you would see at a nursery or plant dealer! BULBS, RHIZOMES, CORM'S, SEEDLINGS at least 4-6 inches tall (and NOT LEGGY ones) are all welcomed.

4. The will be no limit on the number of plants you can send in for this type of plant swap

5. Post the plants you plan on sending in, you may make request from the plant listed up to the total number of plants you will have available.

6. Please send in a limit of 10 on any one variety! No more then 10 copies from one person will be allowed anything else will be considered EXTRAS and used as such! If you have different types of Daylilies you may send up to 10 Little Grapette, 10 Little Business, 10 Strawberry Candy but only 10 of one variety or color.

7. .YOU MUST MAIL IN A LIST OF THE PLANTS YOU SEND IN AND

8. YOU MUST TAG ALL PLANTS SENT IN. SO I CAN IDENTIFY THEM. Also PLEASE include your GW ID on the plants mailed in so people can email you with questions if they need too.

9. YOU MUST HAVE ALL BOXES SHIPPED TO ME MUST BE POSTMARKED FROM AUGUST 26th-AUGUST29th ANYTHING PAST THIS DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED! NO EXCEPTIONS! YOU MUST MAIL PRIORITY MAIL!!!! (DO NOT MAIL TO ME BEFORE AUGUST 26th!)

1. You must include a shipping label for the return. You MUST INCLUDE ENOUGH POSTAGE TO GET YOUR PACKAGE BACK TO YOU, and maybe a little extra just in case you have a larger box coming back to you then what you mailed in. PLUS 1.00 dollar to cover the cost of the Delivery Conformation # on the return back to you. PLEASE PLACE ALL RETURN LABELS AND POSTAGE IN A PLASTIC ZIPPY BAG SO AS TO KEEP THEM FROM GETTING MESSED UP
  2. Credit will be giving to each plant that arrives to me in good condition and alive. If it didnÂt make it in shipping I can not give you credit for the plant.
  3. Plants must be properly packaged, I will post information on how to do this.
  4. YOU MUST SEND HEALTHY PLANTS OR PLANT MATERIAL!
  5. IF you have questions please ask.

Let the fun being. I HOPE to see you sign-up. This swap will be time for most of us to plant out for fall. SO COME ON WAIT CHA WAITIN ON? JOIN TODAY!!!

:) Fran

I already see some lurkers! ;)

Comments (150)

• cannadoit
    14 years ago

Toad Lily
    Datura lilac le Fleur
    Purple and gold Iris
    Royal standard hosta
    Debbi's Iris
    Debbi's Hosta
    Debbi's peopny
    Apricot foxglove
    Black eyed susan
    Thomas Edison dinner plate dahlia

Thanks!!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok I can't sleep so I thought I would check the thread
    and I would NOW like to request:
    From cannadoit:
    Hoya Guppii (Pending don't add yet Tammy)
    Hoya Fungii (Pending this one either)
    Hoya Pubicalyx " Pink Silver" (Pending too)
    Hoya Carnosa " Krimson Princess or Krimson Queen"
    Canna "Cleopatra"
    Roger's Delight scented geranium
    Eucalyptus scented geranium
    Glad you joined us, I HOPE you have as much fun as we do
    I might not want those 3 Hoyas, I am looking info up on them to see but thought I should reserve them just incase.

• threas
    14 years ago

Hey, Fran, I'm swapper now,not a lurker, remember? LOL Add me to the swapper's name list.

Candoit, Welcome!
    I would love from your list:
    Pubicalyx " Pink Silver" ( 1 offering)( plant)
    Carnosa " Krimson Princess or Krimson Queen"
    Roger's Delight scented geranium
    Pineapple Sage

Thanks, Theresa

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OK, I looked them up so go ahead and add them to me please:
    Hoya Guppii
    Hoya Fungii
    Hoya Pubicalyx " Pink Silver"
    I can actually grow Hoyas! Wooohooo, I have only one at the moment but after I got it last year I looked up Hoyas and I like them and would like to get more, BUT we'll see how that goes.
    I don't really have room in the house to keep them over winter, but some plants I do like a lot and will over winter Hoyas and Elephant Ears are two of them lol.
    Plus a few others, like BRUGS, as they seem to be a favorite of mine as well, hehe...ok well turth be told most plants are my favorites HAHA

OK, I am going back to bed now, I will check back in when I wake up!

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Good morning everyone...my, my I check this morning and holy cow! I already see things I want so here goes...
    Please add to my wants:
    butterfly bush (2)- Theresa
    Beautiful Red Daylily (3)- CA (I don't care if its a no-name, the picture is beautiful!)

Toni, I would love some of your red hot poker!!!!! I would like 3 if that's okay...A BIG THANK YOU!!!!!

Now...breakfast...vina :)

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Cannadoit, I love your new plant offers. Thank you for joining. I would like the following:

Hoya Guppii
    Hoya Fungii
    Hoya Pubicalyx " Pink Silver"

Denise

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Please add the Carnosa " Krimson queen"Thank you!!

Denise

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Sorry for all the post but I just thought I would post one that I liked that was not spoken for yet or is Krimson queen available? So please add hoya Bilobata to my list. Thanks!!

Denise

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

you guys are too fast for me. Please add me to...

Hoya Guppii
    Pubicalyx " Pink Silver"
    Carnosa " Krimson Princess or Krimson Queen"

Amy

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Denise - I have not been to the show. Do you know when the next one will be. I would LOVE to be there and would start prepping plants for it if its going to be soon!

Fran - red eye hibiscus, pink and var. iris is yours as well as chocolate and variegated mint :-)

Teresa - I would love:
    butterfly bush
    blue veronica
    balloon flower purple (yeah! I only have white -If you have two extra I would like them :-)
    Tiarella
    PD Hydrangea (cutting)
    Korean lilac "miss kim (cutting)
    creeping phlox purple

And will post you down for the request! Peony and dinnerplate dah

CA - I would LOVE a red daylily if there are any left. I am writing as I go down the post. LOL

Cannadoit - I think cuttings are alright as long as the others want them. LOL

Nancy - Hate to see you go :-( but completely understand. Take care and hope to see you in the next one

cannadoit - YEah! Great to have you join!
    I would love some of the following...
    Eucaliptis scented geranium
    Hoya - Pubicalyx " Pink Silver

Theresa - I will change you out of the lurker as I update the page today. It may be later this evening before it is complete. There was a LOT of activity here after I went to bed. LOL

OKK EVERYONE - I will be updating the page today. But you are going to have to give me a couple hours that is a LOT of stuff to record. LOL (better than nothing to record. hehehe)!

• threas
    14 years ago

Fran, how do you do that?You beat me by 3 min. for candoit's offers! Don't you ever sleep?LMAO I thought I was bad!This is too exciting! Adds to the insomniac experience!LMAO

Theresa

• zinaray
    14 years ago

Hi Cannadoit, welcome i would like
    canna cleopatra
    canna unknown
    monarda jacob cline
    thanks Toni

• threas
    14 years ago

Thank you, Tammy!
    The white peony would be great!
    Add me onto the other peony offer from Debbi too.
    cuttings of variegated weigela- from CA

Theresa

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Tammy if you go to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening section on this site you will find the info for the one coming up for Aug. 22. I went to the one in the spring and it was in burtonsville, Md. I think that the fall swap is held at a different location. I have not been to the fall one before so I am not sure if it is the same type of swap.

Denise

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi,
    Just thought of more offers to add to my list...

tropicals/houseplants
    5 offers Jade plant
    3 offers arrow vine
    5 offers green spider plant

Amy

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Robin, I missed your blackberry plants somehow. I would like to request (4) for my father. He just retired and will have time to take care of a larger garden. I am so happy for him.

Denise

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

ok, pushed submit too fast...

2 offers asparagus fern
    2 offers purple/silver wandering jew
    2 offers green/pink wandering jew

I should stop now. I am actually thinking I'll be sending more plants than I get. That's fine though, I have a lot of plants and I need to thin out my inventory before winter!! :-)

Amy

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Dieg01991/Amy, I am interested in your spider plant, arrowhead vine, and pink wondering jew. Thank you for offering them.

Denise

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Amy - I know how you feel. I have a ton of stuff I will be dividing and shipping. LOL

Denise - I will def. check that out. Aug. 22 is too close i will have to book it if its close enough in location. I have always wanted to go to one of the live swaps. How cool would that be!

OK guys I just took a digital video of the yard and will be posting it later tonight. It is easier than posting a hundred photos. LOL. Anyway my back yard is pretty much all new beds We just started some of them in the fall last year and all the rest this year so they will look a little sparse but that is why I am trying to do so many swaps. I feel like I will never have it full. Anyway I have been working my my front beds since we moved in 5 years ago but am just now starting to feel like it is getting full (but most of them plants I purchased) can't do that anymore I was spending like 4-5 hundred a season on plants and that is just ridiculous so DH told me to find another way to handle my plant addiction... hence me being on there. LOL... Now I have friends to enable my addiction.

TIP- I just found out about roses: My roses was getting the black spot leaf drop problem and I found out if I add a teaspoon of vinegar to a gallon of water and spray it on it will change the ph level of the leaf and the fungus can no longer survive Yeah! (without chemicals) yeah! I don't like useing chemicals on my plants. I did this about two weeks ago and it seems to be working. I will add more in the next day or two and give it a month to really work on them.

NEW OFFERS:
    5 offers - Ganzia Orange
    5 offers - Ganzia Yellow

Tammy:-)

• cannadoit
    14 years ago

Now I feel bad....I'll see if I can get a couple of other cuttings from some of the hoya. lol
    Some of them take longer to root....If I take cuttings today and try to start rooting them, they may not have a very large root system, if they have a root system at all....is that okay?
    I can help anyone who is interested in getting them to root...it's not very hard at all, it just requires some patience and a few pots. lol

I'll update my slideshow on my page so you can see the plants I'm offering too...that way you know what everything looks like. Please don't woory about how the canna with the green and red leaves looks...I have them in 5 gallon buckets and the moment....someone was nice enough to share theirs with me so I could plant them along my fenceline. lol

ok...here are some additions to my list:

Rope Hoya ( 1 offering) ( rooted plant)
    Hoya Mathilde ( 2 offerings) ( cuttings)
    Peacock Orchid ( 1 offer of 6 bulbs) ( bulbs)
    Walking Onion ( 1 offer of 4 bulbs) ( bulbs)
    Blackberry lily ( 1 offer of 2 baby fans) ( will bloom next year)

Is anyone willing to try Scented geranium cuttings?
    If you go to the propagation forum and look up the simple propagator, you'll make quick work of rooting them.
    I'll add some cuttings if anyone has interest in them.

I'd really like a jade plant if there is still one available! :O)

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

HI, please add me to...

Hoya Mathilde
    Blackberry lily

Thanks for the offers cannadoit!!

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Tammy, lol about the money spent! It's so expensive to buy them new. and this is so great!! You get so many plants for so cheap! It's addicting though!!! I don't even buy plants anymore, I had a few that I exchanged this year because they didn't survive the winter, but other than that, I haven't gotten anything new this year outside of GW!! It's great!!!

• cannadoit
    14 years ago

A yellow and an orange ganzia? :O)

Out to my garden I go! lol

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Theresa said: Fran, how do you do that? /Dont' you ever sleep/ Adds to the insomniac experience

Well, I thought I should come check just in case someone slipped in during the night LOL. If I don't have my presciption for something to help me sleep then NO, I am either awake most of the night OR if I go to bed a wake up either every hour on the hour OR avery couple hours.
    (Adds to the insomniac experience) Believe ME, I wish it didn't! I hate not being able to sleep, I feel tired and run down when I don't get sleep. I usually have to take a nap during the day usually around 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

Tammy you are doing an excellent job as usual keeping track of this stuff, I can't imagine how long it takes you, it would take me forever. I am slow when it comes to this web creating stuff so I was very gald you offered to do it, thanks again your a peach!!! (you like peaches right? If not your whatever fruit is your favorite LOL)

I was looking at the page last night too and thought I missed Robins offer for those berries HOW did I do that?

SO NEW REQUEST from Robin:
    2 Blackberry Plants PLEASE
    3 Purple Raspberry PLEASE

From Denise:
    apricot foxglove

From Debby:
    2 Purple Geranium
    2 Wooly Yarrow

Current Swappers

1. ncgardengirl-Fran
    2. greenthumbgrow-Tammy
    3. flowergirl34-Vina
    4. cjcjmass-Cindy
    5. zinaray-Toni
    6. sakura_komichi-CA
    7. antiqueorchid-Denise
    8. dieg01991-Amy
    9. robin1962-2008-Robin
    10. debby_1-Debby
    11. threas

KNOWN LURKERS:
    gardencraze-Carmen, who WILL join, just wait lol

Thought I better go ahead and do the update again before I miss THERESA on there AGAIN, Theresa I REALLY thought I had added you! I KNEW you had joined and I THOUGHT I had missed someone but then I started looking at the thread and thought NO, I don't THINK I did LOL. SORRY, you are NOW on the offical list do you feel better now? NOW YOU can enable, so go out and find us some fresh meat, oppps I mean more swappers, to new us hehe!!!!

TONI, PLEASE don't forget me when you post you daylilies and I wanted to thank you so very much for the extra ones you sent me in the Crazy swap, you don't know how HAPPY and GIDDY that made me! LOL.
    Did your seedling make it? The SO packed it and I am not sure if he did it right or not, I TRIED to explain to him how everything has to be packed but HE is NOT a gardener and doesn't understand how to do this plant stuff OR WHY it should be done this or that way!
    Ok, I guess I should go get dressed now and do a walk around to yard since it isn't raining right now WOOOHOOOO, we go some GOOD GOOD much needed rain last night and some thing morning so far, I hope we get more.
    We haven't had ANY rain in about a month now, so this is very welcomed!!!

OK I will check in later to see if we have more activity....

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

I am interested in the peacock orchid if it is not spoken for.

Thanks,
    Denise

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

I can add the following plants to what I am offering.

2 fernleaf bleeding hearts pink flower
    2 offers of 2ea hens and chicks Krebs II (purplish)
    1 offer 2ea red cob web hens and chicks

Denise

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi, please add me to...

hens and chicks Krebs II
    red cob web hens and chicks

Amy

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

and fernleaf bleeding hearts pink flower too

Had to make sure that was zone 4 hardy...lol

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Here is a picture of krebs II hens and chicks. I think it is so pretty.

Denise

• zinaray
    14 years ago

I would like from Tammy ganzie orange&yellow
    from Cannadoit pescock orchid& scented geranium cutting
    from Diego1991 asparagus fern,purple/silver jew,k yellow /pink jew,jade plant&arrow vine
    thanks Ton

Fran i'm working on the daylilies ,hopefully will list today

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

Denise -

I'd like a fernleaf bleeding heart. Thanks!

~CA

• zinaray
    14 years ago

Oh antiqueorchid may i have fernleaf bleeding heart, hen &chicks kerbs11 and hen & chicks red cob web
    thanks Toni

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok I have to request from Denise:
    offers of 2ea hens and chicks Krebs II (purplish)
    offer 2ea red cob web hens and chicks
    I adore these things!

• cannadoit
    14 years ago

You didn't add me to the list... lol

I updated my slideshow to show you the Hoya and some of the other plants I have to offer. I have some mints...but I'm not sure if anyone would want any or not.

Also...here is my want list:

Coneflowers ( other than purple or white) would love reds or oranges

Iris Siberian, dutch, bearded

Hosta

Bleeding Heart

Outdoor ferns

Hellabore

Spider Lily

Crinium lily

Brugsmansia

Datura

Herbs

The very tiny little sedum...or the ropelike sedum that looks like a rope with fingers. lol I have no clue what it's called. I'd like those to put in an old birdbath my parents gave me that doesn't hold water.

Also, I need to add Yellow canna to my haves list at 1 offer.

• cannadoit
    14 years ago

With pink flowers??? Oh please oh please? lol

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This think keeps rejecting my messages and I had put in a request for the Peacock Orchids and had a LONG explantation as to why I was requesting them and that I was going to run out of request vs my offers and blah blah and it didn't take it and now I LOST THEM....:(

Oh well, I will just have to hope my will at some point decide to show themselves LOL.

Denise thanks for offering the Hens and Chicks, I want to get all of the named ones I can I am going to do a HUGE bed with them them good grief there are a LOT of them! and I mean a LOT, I never knew there were so many different varities of them until I started searching for them!!!
    So thanks again,

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Cannadoit - ooooooh I would so be interested in scented geranium cutting. I do very well with cutting so if you can I would like a cutting or two of each of your hoya (that is available) you do not have to try and start the roots on mine I can do that. Thanks for offering. :-)
    I actually use that propagator also and it works wonderfully. All you need it that and patience. Which some of us gardeners lack. LOL ;-)

Denise - I would LOVE 1 offer of your fernleaf bleeding heart

I will be updating the page every night after all the bids are in for the day. LOL. Its easier to do larger updates all at once than tons throughout the day. Soooo everyone check it out each morning to make sure i didn't miss anything you offered and requested.

Tammy:-)

• cannadoit
    14 years ago

Cool...here are the geraniums I can take cuttings from:

Candy Dancer ( 2 offers)
    Chocolate(2 offers)
    Citronella ( 2 offers)
    Strawberry ( 1 offer)
    Pineapple ( 1 offer)
    Lemon Crispum ( 1 offer)

Also, I'm adding a link to my pics...because photobucket is acting retarded! lol Fran, I might be able to requisition a few more peacock orchid bulbs...give me til after tomorrow when I go grocery shopping to let you know for sure. lol ( I have a secret source)

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

LOL Fran, I just saw your comment about my wants list (I am slow). Yes, I'm working on my wants list but my zone is limiting! Plus, I have to store everything else in my house. Man, I wish I had a greenhouse!!!!

WOW, I can't believe I beat Fran to Denise's last offers!! I'm usually always one step behind her!! LOL!

Cannadoit, my ferns are outdoor ferns. Would you like to have some of those?

Ooohh, please add me to the Yellow canna, almost missed that one.

Amy

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

I meant to say the yellow canna offer from cannadoit.

Also cannadoit, I'm not sure which sedum you're talking about. Are you saying the sedum has pink flowers? Are you talking about Dragon's blood?

Fran, isn't it frustrating when you can post more than once with the same subject name. That is really dumb!!!

Amy

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

cannadoit - I would love 1 offer of each (just cuttings is fine)

Candy Dancer, Chocolate, Citronella, Strawberry,
    Pineapple, Lemon Crispum

And any hoyas you can send cutting of. I love growing stuff from cuttings :-)

Tammy

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi, I would like to add white canna to my "wish" list?

Thanks!

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Fran - Are the elephant ears you sent me in the last swap hardy? I just don't want to take a chance on looseing them if they are not? illusris black magic (i think) and a couple others from some other people. I am in zone 7 and have heard they are but others say nope? Do you overwinter them or leave them in the ground?

cannadoit - I like your greenhouse. Yours is much more orgainzed than mine. LOL. I just have too much stuff in there.

fran - My garden is going well. I planted a ton. But now that all my lettuce is gone I am not sure what to put in its spot. (This is my first big garden and I am a little overwhelmed) I didn't fill it enough because I was scared I was going to overfill. LOL. Anyway. Any tips on fall gardening as usually I only do cukes and tomatoes so what would be good to plant now? My goal is next year to grow as much of our own food as possible this year was a tester and boy did I do a lot wrong! I didn't plant near enough potatoes, or cukes, but had PLENTY of lettuce and am going to be overloaded with tomatoes and peppers... but yeah! thats better than not enough! Worms ate my cabbage.. not sure what to do about them as I don't use chemicals on anything... I have been picking them every morning but they seem to multiply like rabbits. So anyone have a tip on how to keep them off naturally?

Does anyone have a bannana plant? I have been wanting one. Please??

And two red or red/white clematis really wanting this also..

I am spying more things I may be able to offer in a day or two. So keep your eyes posted.

Tammy

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Current Swappers

1. ncgardengirl-Fran
    2. greenthumbgrow-Tammy
    3. flowergirl34-Vina
    4. cjcjmass-Cindy
    5. zinaray-Toni
    6. sakura_komichi-CA
    7. antiqueorchid-Denise
    8. dieg01991-Amy
    9. robin1962-2008-Robin
    10. debby_1-Debby
    11. threas- Theresa
    12. cannadoit

KNOWN LURKERS:
    gardencraze-Carmen, who WILL join, just wait lol

I hate having dailup, this is so annoying it is NOT working properly! I am used to having DSL or Cable internet where when I ask it to do something it does it THEN!

I can offer:

2 white Crinum Lilies
    2 Orange Canna
    1 Fragrant White Datura
    1 Dark Current Swirl Datura
    1 Bengal Tigar Canna Baby (ONLY one, it is the only one on the parent right now)
    1 Baby Hardy Banana Tree Musa basjoo one SMALL baby (Tammy I am SURE you want this one)

I might find some more to list I am not sure yet, Haven't really checked on everything, I am getting very limited on what I can offer hehe.

BUT my gardens SHOULD be fabulous next year hehe,

I like Tammy have a HUGE yard to fill, I am doing my best to put in stuff only from trades.
    So I need LOTS of stuff to put in the beds to make them look full, so far what I have put in the few beds we have made, it hasn't even made a dent yet lol.

GOSH I have GOT TO REMEMBER TO HIT SUBMIT WHEN I AM DOING 20 OTHER THINGS AT ONCE!

• cannadoit
    14 years ago

Diego, I would like to try your fern....Do you think it would be okay if it was growing in a spot that had sunlight til about 11:30am...then full shade the rest of the day on?
    I'm very new to the whole shade gardening thing. lol

The sedum I'm talking about doesn't have flowers that I know of. lol I've never seen it flower anyway. I will find a picture of it...cuz i'm horrible and describing things.

• cannadoit
    14 years ago

Can I have the crinium lily (1) and the datura ( 1 )???

• cannadoit
    14 years ago

1 each of the Datura you listed Fran? lol
    This gets confusing...like 20 secs left on an ebay auction!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am about to post a new thread.

Amy, I had changed my subject I was getting and ERROR message!

cannadoit, that would be wonderful if you could aquire a few more lol.

Tammy I will addess all your questions on the next thread it will be going up shortly.

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

cannadoit, I am fine with receiving cuttings of your Hoyas. They are easy to root. Also, the spot you're describing for the ferns sounds perfect! They may burn a bit when the sun gets really hot in the summer, but that won't hurt them a bit. Yes, there's plenty of Jade plant left! Woohoo!! Your pictures are georgous!!! I just started collecting epis and hoyas last summer and I LOVE them!!! You can include any in my box if you want! LOL!! I especially love the ones with red foliage!!! And I am SOOOO jealous of your greenhouse. I want one SOOO bad!!!

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

YES FRAN - I do want that bannana! I have been wanting one for a while and always seem to miss it. Yeah!

Thanks a bunch!