Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Birthday Extravaganza Birthday Buddies for August

flwrs4ever
14 years ago

Happy Birthday to all our Aug Bday Buddies !!

threas August 4

Daffodilady August 5

Morquegirl121 August 21

AGAIN PLEASE DONT SEND IF THEY DONT POST A WISH LIST.

Thanks to all of you for continuing with the swap, and for being such great friends ! I cant beleive we are almost at the year mark, can u ??

I will be away the first two weeks of August, but will check in as much as I can.

PLEASE post your wish list and a little about YOU August Buddies !!

Comments (65)

• rbrady
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday August babies! Hope you have a great birthday month!

Rhonda

• suecirish
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday threas! Hope it was a great one, Theresa!
    Sue

• threas
    14 years ago

Thank you, Sue & Everyone! It was a wonderful day! I'm typing this from my NEW LAPTOP!!!!

Theresa

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

If anyone needs the birthday addresses, please let me know. I know Kym tried to send them out to everyone, but if for some reason you don't have them, I'll be glad to e-mail them to you.

Happy Day-After-Your-Birthday Theresa! And congrats on your new laptop!!!!

And has anyone heard from our other birthday kids this month, Daffodilady and Morquegirl121?

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday Theresa!
    Dorothy

• threas
    14 years ago

Thanks so much!
    Dan, my addie has a typo. The city should read "Folsom".

Theresa

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hello everyone
    do we just have the one birthday girl this month? I have not seen lists for the other 2, unless I missed them.
    I need threas's address please
    thanks
    michelle

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Hello Everyone
    I have been away for the group for a while. :(
    I have been behind sending out cards (sorry I'm Late)
    But today I finally got them all together and well be mailed out tomorrow.
    So I am wishing all those I miss A Very Happy Belated Birthday!!!!
    Hope each of you had a wonderful Day!
    ((BIG HUGS))
    Dorothy

• suecirish
    14 years ago

I received two more wonderful birthday wishes today in the mail.

JJ (shropshire_lad) sent Common Milkweed, Hollyhock, Asters Tiger Paws Mix, and Auntie's Rose. These are fantastic, thank you so much. I had my first success at growing roses from seed this year, so I can't wait to try these. And I really love Hollyhock.

divaheather, Heather, sent such a surprise - a small plant of Coffea Arabica WOW! Wow! WOW! and a bareroot of White Trillium. This is something I have really wanted. You are something else! I am so happy to have you as a garden friend. And when I brew those first coffee beans, I hope you'll join me for a cup.

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Okay Theresa, I'll correct that for anyone I send your address to. Michelle, e-mail me for Theresa's address please. Thanks!

• colcol
    14 years ago

Oh dan the mailman, would you send me the Aug addy also? Many Tks. For ONCE, I'm early :)

• morguegirl
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,

sorry I haven't posted my list until now. My day has been in the hospital/ sub-acute rehab since mid June and everything has been kind of nuts. I am behind in sending my birthday cards out and was going to withdraw from the swap, but I am going to stick it out. I still have some July/Dec birthday wishes to send, so please forgive my tardiness.

Anyway, about me... My name is Amy and I will be turning 40 on the 21st. I am married for eight years. No kids, but I have three kitties who are my babies. I live in Queens, NY, and have lived in NYC all my life. I am a Physician Assistant and I work for the NYC Medical Examiner's Office, where I do death investigations. It is a very interesting job. I enjoy nature and photography, as well as gardening. I love to take pictures. I have planted a garden at my job which is coming along nicely, and people seem to like it.I enjoy working on it and it makes me feel good to do something cheerful to make grieving people feel a little better...
    My Wishlist:

Tanacetum niveum "Jackpot"
    Agastache "Acapulco Rose"
    Dianthus "Spooky"
    Silene "Jack Flash"
    Himalayan Poppy
    Helenium
    Laurentia
    Leopard Bane
    Masterwort
    Star of Persia
    Nodding Onion
    Coreopsis "Limerick Dreams"
    Poppies, esp Danish Flag, Flemish Antique,Lauren's Grape, Drama Queen,Tibetan, Hens and Chicks, Royal Wedding, Beauty of Livermore, Mother of Pearl
    White Liatris
    Anything suitable for Xeriscaping
    Any of your faves, I love everything!

I wish a happy birthday to August babies. Thanks everyone for being so thoughtful. and thanks to Dan for the awesome cakes, especially the first one.

Amy

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Amy!!! Hey, good to see you!

Micrey and Colcol, let me know if you don't get those addresses. I sent them out a couple of seconds ago...

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!

-Dan

• margarita10
    14 years ago

Hi Dan,

Can you email the August addy's to me.

mmaldonado@firstam.com

Thank you

Margarita10

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Margarita10, let me know if they get through to you. I just sent them out.

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Dan
    Been meaning to ask you.
    Did you ever find any of the animals plant ties?
    Just checking.
    Dorothy

• colcol
    14 years ago

Tks u, Dan, got the addy's. I check my spam box about once a week, and Kyms email was in there with the addy's as well! Sorry kym. I should know better. For some reason her emails always go to my spam box. So, I'm set for Aug and the month isn't even half over !!!

Morguegirl, I say "kiddos" to you for sticking out the swap. Not the easy decision with hectic life.
    Hope it will be a fun month for you.

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Dorothy, if you're talking about the bendable ties in the shapes of frogs, grasshoppers, and lizards, then yes, I found them. In fact, after getting that first one in the shape of a lizard, finding them became sort of a "mission" for me for awhile. Some are currently helping out in the tomato patch, while others are on the grape vines, and there are 3 lizards on my porch railing where they've been all summer long! They make great decorations!

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Dorothy, here's a picture of those lizards on my porch railing. I originally put them there as a temporary place to keep them, but liked them so much there that they've become a permanent (for the summer anyway) decoration! LOL!

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

Hi Dorothy,

Thank you for thinking about me...it was a lovely surprise to receive your card for my June birthday...
    I will definitely try the red leaf spinach. I grow some Oriental veggies every summer so these will be added to my garden.

Wishing the August babies a very happy birthday! May your mailboxes be filled with cards, and may you have your fill of cake and ice cream.

Betsy

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Hello Everyone!
    I thought I'd drop by and invite you all to come check out a perennial exchange I'm hosting this month. It's a good time to clean out your gardens, get rid of extras, and try out some new plants. I've got the link below, and hope to see you soon!
    Have a great day!
    -Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: End-of-Summer Perennial Exchange

• suecirish
    14 years ago

I got a very nice card, some homemade seed packets and seeds yesterday from Colcol. There were Orange Poppy from her garden, Morning Glory, Red Corn Poppy and Shirley Poppy. This was so nice of you to think of me. Thank you. It's very nice to have my birthday just keep going on!

• colcol
    14 years ago

Glad you got my pkg, suecirish. It is fun to get mail :)

• threas
    14 years ago

I got my first beautiful Birthday card today from Dorothy! Thank you so much, my friend! Dorothy sent Amaryllis(I've seen her amaryllis LOL) Gorgeous!Giant Red Leaf Spinach & Shirley Poppies! Wonderful seeds! Thanks again!

Theresa

• morguegirl
    14 years ago

Hi everyone-

My first card came today from Lisa(Ishareflowers). She was so generous and certainly lived up to her GW name! She sent Trollius,Angelica, Dianthus Spooky, Coreopsis Moonbeam,Hens and Chicks Poppies,Summer Glory and Voodoo Sedum, Helenium Hoopseii and Autum Lollipop,Amsonia,and Salvia Artemis! Thanks so much, Lisa, I love th selection. Several of my wants. Some I was unfamiliar with, and they are definitely wants now after looking them up. The Salvia Artemis looks spectacular,as does the Trollius. Thanks again, Lisa, for making my day.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Good Morning all,

Amy (morguegirl), I'm glad that you liked what I had to share. I just gathered most of those from my own garden. I think you may want to let the non commercials dry out a bit more. I have been told that Angelica is best when sown fresh. Happy growing!!!

Lisa

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Hello All
    Been away a few days.

Dan...Love the picture of the lizards on the railing. LOL
    So cute. Glad you found them.

Besty...Sorry your card was so late.
    BUT better late than never. LOL
    Enjoy your seeds.

Theresa...Sorry about the amaryllis seeds. I can not keep up! LOL
    But they are different seeds! Had to go check, the ones you sent me are in the GH and are about 3 inches. LOL
    Great minds think a like. Big Hugs!

Dorothy

• threas
    14 years ago

I received 2 more cards yesterday from suecirish & ishareflowers. Thank you guys so much, it made my day!
    Sue sent California Poppy,Red-orange Oriental Poppy & Sweet William! Lisa sent Poppies,Double Tangerine & Hens & Chicks,Variegated Heliopsis & Campanula Blue Chips! Thank you girls! I can't wait to see these in my garden!
    Lisa, my scarlet runner beans you shared with me are beautiful! Thanks again!
    Dorothy, I don't mind surprises at all!LOL

Theresa

• playintheyard
    14 years ago

Happy B-day August babies my cards will be getting my cards together this week end.

Dan that first cake reminds me of a customer of mine. Can't get the visiual out of my head!!! lol

I am very behind on my thank yous-sorry

Sue-suecirish I am so sorry I did not post about your card last time I was on line. Yes I did recieve it and thank you neighbor.

Lisa-ishareflowers Thank you also nice selection so you think I have enough time to summer sow these and get them in the ground? I had great success w/ the one I did a month ago.

Dorathy-dimples Thank you for the cards & seeds. Love the old lady sticker on the back. lol

Chell-chellflower
    Thank you for the flowerseeds and card

You have all been great and it realy was fun getting cards all month (and into Aug.) Especially when they all contained seeds which we all love!!

Your Garden Buddy Annette

• threas
    14 years ago

I received another card from colcol yesterday! Thank you Coleen, I love everything! She sent mixed colors Calendula, Annual Cut Flower Mix,Red corn Poppy,Orange California Poppy,Shirley mixed colors Poppy and wonderful little seed envelopes!!! I am going to the most beautiful garden next spring! Thanks again, Coleen!!!!

Theresa

• mommyto2
    14 years ago

Hello B-day buddies!!!!

First I want to say I'M SO SORRY for being MIA the last two months!!! We had a family tragedy mid June and that month is very much a blur for me right now. Also my 5 year old started Kindergarten in July so that's also a bit traumatic for me since he's always been with me everyday since he was born. But I'm starting to get used to it and so here I am again :0)

I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST babies!!!!! (again sorry is so late)

I have been harvesting seeds this last month so I have many things to share! I promise to get all of your b-day cards out this month :0)

Monica

• threas
    14 years ago

I received a birthday card with Red Poppies,Desert Rose and a cute holographic flower sticker!Thank you so much, Chellflower! What a great birthmonth I'm having! So much better than a birthday!LOL

Monica, so sorry to hear about everything that's been going on in your life! Hope everyday gets better for you! Glad you're back & thank you for the well wishes!

Theresa

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Just dropping in to say Hello!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Hope all Aug. BD babies are having a good month.

Big Hugs
    Dorothy

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    14 years ago

Well, I'm sure glad to know that I'm not the only one who's sending very belated birthday seeds! I really am sorry for always being so late. If I start planning now for next year, maybe then I won't be late. :-(

I sent out June & July today. I will be working on August, so HOPEFULLY it'll be in the mail soon as well. I even lost my birthday cards I bought just for you guys, so until I find them, I'm just writing a few notes. Before long (maybe for August), I'll probably go ahead and let the kids make some more cards. :-)

Also, I see there's 2 birthday buddies this month (with lists posted), so I didn't end up updating the August birthday page. I think we can keep up with 2 people without a page listing them, right? (LOL) I'll do September as usual if we have 3 or more posters. If someone really wants me to put the page up with just a couple people on it, let me know, okay? I really do think they're convenient myself, but just wasn't sure if they're needed for less than 3 people in a month.

Happy Birthday to our August birthday buddies!!!!!

Blessings,
    Angela

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Angela, I'm with you. I think we can keep up with the two August kids pretty well. And, like you, I'm still working on getting the August cards out. Kym's gonna kick my butt when she gets back...

• threas
    14 years ago

Thank you, Amy(morguegirl)! The card you made is gorgeous, I love it!!! Amy sent, Sweet William,Zinnia Solcito, Campanula blue & white and campanula canterbury bells. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness!

Theresa

• riley17
    14 years ago

Happy birthday August buddies!!!
    : )
    Holly

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I'm sending out cards tomorrow. Anyone want to guess to who? lol

or, should that be... hehehe

• threas
    14 years ago

Angela, so nice to hear from you!

Dan,hmmmmmm! LOL

Theresa

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Yay! My cards are in the mail!

And guess what! Next month, I get to do some mailboxing! Woohoo! I'll be 44! Starting to approach the top of that hill, but that's okay! Ready or not Middle Age, here I come!

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Just stopping by to say Hello. So (HELLO!)

Oh Dan you are still a Baby! LOL

Just wait until you are on the other side of the hill!

I finally got all my cards mailed out.

Now I'm waiting on Sept. I actually fell like I finishes something on time.
    LOL
    Dorothy

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

LOL! Dorothy, they call me a "puppy" at work. I wonder if that's why I keep getting swatted on the nose with a newspaper, you think?

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Hey just maybe the answer! LOL
    Dorothy

• morguegirl
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say thank you to Suecirish for her lovely card. She sent Masterwort and Poppy, Beauty of Livermore, two of my wants! Thanks so much. I actually got them a few days ago but I was unable to log onto GW for a few days.
    Thanks again

Amy

• threas
    14 years ago

I got a funny Birthday card from Dan and in it were seeds of Cosmo"Diablo","Toto" Rudbeckia,alyssum'Carpet Of Snow',mixed balsam,MG"Kniolas Black","Blue Star" Columbine & Double Feverfew! Thank you, dan! The card is great and I love all the seeds! I feel so special! :)

Theresa

• threas
    14 years ago

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Theresa

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Happy BD Amy!!!
    Hope you have a great day.
    Hugs
    Dorothy

• threas
    14 years ago

I received a beautiful handmade card from micyrey! She sent mixed color wallflowers,Shasta Daisy'Silver Princess'& Peruvian Lily! I don't have any of these! Can't wait to grow them! Thanks so much, Michelle!

Theresa

• playintheyard
    14 years ago

I have 2 more thank yous to post.

Angela aka angelady sent straw alpine,bird of paradis,thyme & amaranthus josephs coat. Thank you so much & it realy was a surprise!

JJ shropeshire lad sent milkweed, Aunties rose,Asters & holly hock thank you very much.

HAPPY GARDENING

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I see that one of my cards made it, but I'm wondering about the other one. I sent them at the same time...hmmmmm