Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tracyvine

UPDATE: mnf - july - celebrating freedom Part 3

tracyvine
15 years ago

I figured I would post the new thread seeing as how Dan is a little tied up right now...

Kind of funny when I think about this month's theme of Celebrating Freedom. LOL!

Comments (145)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Vic, would you like my recipe for blueberry pie?

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

I'm here, I'm here! LOL!!! Been on the phone a lot lately, planning my trip and simply talking to my better half! Just think! In two weeks, I'll be in Frankfort NY, alone with my S.O., discussing matters of state, and more likely, discussing whether or not dinner should be in bed or not! I've got some definite thoughts about that! But, I'm not going into any details about THAT! This IS a family show, after all! Isn't it? LOL!
    I try to keep Paula up-to-date on what's going on here, and she thinks you all are a hoot! I told her that I'd like to bring some native NY flowers home with me so she'd have something of home waiting for her when she moves here, and she's got some picked out for us to go dig. I just hope it's legal to get them!
    It'll be nice to have her here next summer, planning the yard with me, working outside together. Apparently, I'm going to have to be careful when she's near the hose, or I may get sprayed! Well, two can play that game! hehehe

As for this swap, it seems like everything is going well for the most part, though Carol needs Paps' address if anyone has it. How is everyone else doing? I just heard from Allison today, she's been sick all week. Didn't say what from, but I'm thinking maybe she's had a little too much of Linda's bailey's!
    If you haven't already, I'd recommend that everyone at least peek in on the pedal pusher's swap and get some of those recipes! I haven't seen a bad one yet!

And so, dear ones, that's about it for me today. I'll try to peek in on everyone later this weekend. I'm going to be busy getting ready for my trip, can't wait until the last minute you know! This'll probably be the MOST important vacation I've ever taken, or ever will!

Take care!
    -Dan

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Dan, I sure hope you 2 have unlimited calling! LOL

To help Loverboy out I have posted who has rec'd boxes, please correct if I'm wrong!

Carol and Pap, have you 2 gotten a hold of each other?

beth b kodiak **REC'D
    hazelnutbunny **REC'D

christieb199
    ladygreensleeves

vic zn5 **REC'D
    diene **REC'D

peaches20
    lindaruzicka **REC'D

tracyvine **REC'D
    chrizty

veeja11
    paphiocon

tammy0924
    Ravenwv

allisonlwise
    dan_the_mailman

Vic

• christieb199
    15 years ago

I am so totally lost in Dan's love life. I really didnt keep up with the other posts for I was traveling lots.
    Ok, being nosey...
    Can anyone give me a shortened version?

Dan, you are going on vacation to NY right? This is a first time meet of your lovely lady? Already talking about moving in?!?

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Vic, just to add to the update, Christy received her box from me. I need to say an extra thank you to Christy too because when I first posted I hadn't unbundled the pampas grass yet and it was three divisions in each bundle and there were three bundles! Christy you really outdid yourself. Thank you again!

Dan, breathe in, breathe out, relax. Ahhhhhh. So you're excited about your trip then? LOL!

Tracy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Hey Vic, Nancy (peaches20) received her box from me also.

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Tracy, I'm breathing just fine. LOL!!! And yes, Christie, this'll be the first time we'll meet in person. We've talked on the phone, written letters/cards, talked via yahoo and webcam, and we're pretty much consuming one another's life. We both have unlimited calling, so we're constantly on the phone. We've talked about anything and everything, good and bad. Sometimes we make the same thing for dinner, and sit down to eat at the same time while talking on the phone. We've watched movies together, listened to CDs together, and Paula has my local radio station streaming through on her computer so I can make dedications to her. She's the first person I talk to in the morning, and the last person at night. And, on August 8th, I'll get to hug and kiss her for the first time.
    We've talked jobs, dreams, kids (not gonna happen), retirement, vacations, houses, gardens, sexual compatability, pets, music, church, religious beliefs (or non-beliefs in my case), family, and diamond mining. Yes, I said diamond mining.
    She's a spirited Italian who likes Frank Sinatra and classic rock, I'm a mischievious Irishman (somewhat) who likes Marilyn Manson and Stephen King. And, most importantly, we've had a thing for one another from the start. We met on the 'net, and can't stand the mileage which keeps us apart. She may be moving here before the holidays, but it's more likely to happen in the Spring.
    But, you want to know the most important thing? We make each other laugh.
    I didn't think I'd ever get interested in a serious affair, much preferring casual sex without any commitments, as some of my best peeps on here will attest. Then along came Paula, and rescued me from a life of emptiness, making me smile and laugh, filling me with feelings of contentment, belonging, and peace. And most of all, she reminded me that love could still exist between two people. It must be love, because I'm listening to Frank Sinatra as we speak. Of my own free will! LOL!!! He's definitely not my first pick for my iPod, but I'll learn to appreciate him for her.
    I'm not going to New York with blinders on, but with my eyes wide open. I know it's possible I could be headed for a heartache, but I honestly don't think so. The few times I've seriously fallen in love, I knew it quickly. When I fell in love with Gwen, my fiance who had a fatal heart attack over four years ago now, I realized how I felt when we shared that first sunset together the day we met. Yes, things between me and Paula are moving quickly, and we're both getting very excited. But, sometimes you just know what's right, and this is one of those times. We're meant for one another, and we both know it.
    For all you ladies know, I could be a psychotic homicidal maniac who knows how to talk a good game. Some of you know me better than others do, and know that I am actually what I seem to be like here on the GW. A nice guy who likes to have a good time, and likes to share that time with his friends. Paula knows me even more intimately, because we've spent an average of 5-7 hours together every day for the past four months or so. And I do mean, every day.
    So, even though it may seem like we're rushing into this, wanting to move in together and start creating our life together, we've taken a lot of steps with an incredibly large amount of thought in each one.
    And that, in a nutshell, would probably be a good summation of this love life that most of you seem to be interested in! LOL!!!

And now, I leave you tonight with this...

IT WAS A VERY GOOD YEAR by Frank Sinatra
    When I was seventeen
    It was a very good year
    It was a very good year for small town girls
    And soft summer nights
    We'd hide from the lights
    On the village green
    When I was seventeen

When I was twenty-one
    It was a very good year
    It was a very good year for city girls
    Who lived up the stair
    With all that perfumed hair
    And it came undone
    When I was twenty-one

When I was thirty-five
    It was a very good year
    It was a very good year for blue-blooded girls
    Of independent means
    We'd ride in limousines
    Their chauffeurs would drive
    When I was thirty-five

But now the days are short
    I'm in the autumn of the year
    And now I think of my life as vintage wine
    from fine old kegs
    from the brim to the dregs
    And it poured sweet and clear
    It was a very good year

It was a mess of good years

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Sounds great for you Dan. love is wonderful when you find it. Pap e-mail me at veeja3@wmconnect.com I need your addy
    unless you want to consider it a wash for this month.
    please let me know
    carol

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

beth b kodiak **REC'D
    hazelnutbunny **REC'D

christieb199
    ladygreensleeves

vic zn5 **REC'D
    diene **REC'D

peaches20 **REC'D
    lindaruzicka **REC'D

tracyvine **REC'D
    chrizty **REC'D

veeja11
    paphiocon

tammy0924
    Ravenwv

allisonlwise **REC'D
    dan_the_mailman

Okay, that puts us just over the halfway point. I got an e-mail from allison letting me know my package from her is on its way. So, what's going on with the other three trades?

Dan

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Does anyone have some extra coneflower seed they'd like to do a trade for? I just realized this week that I don't have any in my perennial garden. Now, how'd that happen???
    -Dan

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dan I just saw your post on PP, I can send you plants if you like.

T

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Got my box from Allison today. Will post the contents when we've figured out what the plants are...LOL! I can't identify them, and she doesn't remember! OOOPS!!!
    -Dan

• christieb199
    15 years ago

Regina received her box today at 2:10pm.
    I have not heard from her on this thread or by email since I posted the DC number :(

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Dan, you could post pics of your plants and maybe she will remember

• allisonlwise
    15 years ago

I emailed Dan what they were except for one, LOL! I'm pretty sure the last one is a yellow coneflower, but I'll need Dan to tell me what it looks like so I can know for sure. I mailed out 4 boxes the same day.

Sorry, Dan. My brain is fried lately.

I got a lovely box from Dan, which included a very special nail, a box of tea to honor Linda's story, a very cute patriot sign, a DVD of Alice in Wonderland, two packs of bubble mailers, a cute bug hangy thing, an adorable little bunny, and candleholder plus a bunch of silver maple trees, datura, queen anne's lace, basil, and amaranthus.

Sheesh ... it made my box I sent to Dan seem so ... inadequate!

Sorry to be MIA lately. I've been feeling quite ill for the last few weeks.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Allison

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi gang, I am playing a little catch-up in reading the posts and see that there are a few people who are missing lately.

Please post a Delivery Confirmation Number when your package has been shipped.

If you have received a package from your partner, please remember to post here to acknowledge their gift to you. Your partner has put a lot of thought and care into sending heartfelt items in the hopes of adding some special touches to your gardens. Not to mention the rest of us are just plain curious and want to know what you got!

If you haven't sent your package then please post a message here on the boards so your partner and host aren't left to wonder what has happened. If there is a delay for some reason then please post an update.

These swaps are all about making new friends and enjoying each other's company as well as plants. Please remember to treat each other with the same courtesy and respect that we would wish to receive.

This has been a Public Service Announcement on behalf of all Make New Friends Round Robin Members. Thank you!

Tracy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

"applauding Tracey".....good job!

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Way to go Tracy!!! ***Applauding with Linda!!!***

I also would like to thank someone for sending a box to me today. Not sure who sent it because the return address was missing, but it was wrapped up in some nice paper with a lot of hearts on it. Inside, there was a massage kit, and a pedicure kit. I know Paula didn't send this, she would have kept the stuff there in New York and not given me the chance to forget to bring it with me! LOL!!! (She's really getting to know me well!) So, since it wasn't Paula, I'm thinking it was someone here in the ol' MNF. Whoever sent it, THANK YOU!!! I'm sure I'll find a way to put it to use! LOL!!!

-Dan

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

okay Dan, you get a mysterious package in the mail and you think it's one of us?.."raising eyebrow"...why would you ever think that?...we're nice ladies..."coughing"

• allisonlwise
    15 years ago

Yeah, Dan. I think you're kinda paranoid. Why would someone here send you something like that??? Sheesh.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Maybe cause he's just a gigolo? Hmmm, maybe you have a secret admirer on your mail route? (aka: Stalker?) ROFLOL!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hmmmm.......secret stalker huh??
    You better watch out!

And Dan, just for the record, I don't think we have any stalkers here on MNF! LOL

• diene
    15 years ago

Good Morning All;
    That was a great post Tracy, well put. That was why I had started a spreadsheet. The only people we do not want in this group are people who do not want to be friendly.
    That includes forgetting or neglecting to fulfill commitments in round robins, neglecting to acknowledge receipt of a box.
    Everyone else is welcome but once someone does not fulfill their commitment, they should not be allowed to join another round robin.
    Can we find that spreadsheet and update it?
    It is great info to have.
    diene

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Diene, If you send your copy of the spreadsheet to me then I will do my best to update it with what information I remember. I can go back to some of the previous month's swaps and update based on sent and received posts.

To all the folk's who hosted in the past please send me an email with any information on members who did not fulfill their obligation to their partner or who failed to acknowledge their partner's box and I will update the spreadsheet. Then forward it on to the next month's host.

I care deeply about this group and would hate to see it become a place that is considered risky to participate in. I am sure all of us feel a sense of ownership and want to maintain a safe trading place for everyone.

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Hey all, got my box from Christyb199, Thanks so much for everything....I'm kinda laid up with my back giving me fits right now, I had surgery over a yr ago on it to correct a condition I was born with and it didnt help only made it worse with nerve damage.So sitting here hurts like the dickens.Anyway she packed a box full of all kinds of garden goodies...ie a butterfly windchime, a cute froggy(I love frogs),a cardinal bell yard stake,a garden knome w/thermometer,a flowerpot photo frame,for inside a oil burner w/lemon verbena oil....hold on Im goin to stand and get some of that burning now.....ok Im back.....mmmm smells nice and clean,refreshing! Also sent a wallflowers plugins, a spring leaves high frangrance set(has potpourri,a jar candle and 2 glass votives candles,and finally and assortment of bagettes. WOW you outdid yourself!!! Thanks so much!
    Also your box went out in the mail Monday as well and you should be receiving it today DC# 0308 0730 0000 5484 6954.
    Hope you enjoy the plants.
    Got to go....this sitting is killing me.

PS.....Dan are you sure that box didnt have a return addy on it???? Are you sure it it orginated from the GW??? What would make you think that any of us would send fuel for your fetish...ummm trip. We just want you to have a wonderful time....(((HUGS))) to all

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

I forgot to mention 2 idems in my box!!! It was so full!!! There was also a candle jar from Home Preserved-Apple Jelly...smells yuummy and a finally a zippered cosmedic bag full of lotion,body wash,body butter,Eau De Toilette in Aqua Lily(matches the lotion)night and day cream in soothing aloe and a mascara all from the Body Shop.Did I say the box was packed full!!! Thanks again Christie you really put your heart into this box!

I had some wonderful neighbors that had to move away leaving behind a property they had put 50+ or - a few plants and tropicals on. I tended to it for them on several occations while on vacations and such and in return received cuttings and plants. Well the property sold this week and guess what the new owners are doing? Are ya ready.....cutting and pulling up everything they can!!! I'm just sick!!!! Chopped down a plummeria and going to chop down two others, chopped downed the roses,the bouganvillias, the jasmines,the crepe myrtles,the chenile, the jade tree, the fruit trees. I seen all that stuff piled on the side of the street and went over with a housewarming gift and introduced myself...long story short, he had to stop because he broke his shovel....yeah!!! Anyway...he said I can come over and help myself to the rest of anything I can haul away and this weekend he will be doing more. So, with the help of the hubby and kiddo's this weekend we will be moving some plants. I just wish I knew why people buy a property and distroy its beauty. He did say he has 2 small girls that visit on the weekends. And some of our tropicals are poisonous or have some seriously large thorns or both. OK.. move them, or teach the children to stay away from them, or remove them if you must.....but buy a property and distroy its beauty by killing every living plant on it!Shhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz.

Ok I've ranted enough and my back is killing me again from sitting....Im out of here.

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

hmmmmm, mysterious box, with a pedicure kit and massage kit in it, coming to me just before I'm taking off to meet the lady I've been talking to almost every waking hour for the past few months. if there was a return address on the box, it was on the missing wrapping paper. the paper looked torn, and some kind mail clerk/handler must've taped it so no more ripping would occur.
    now, think about it. why would I suspect any of you ladies?
    well, let's see. you're all a bit mischievious (some more than others) I'm the only man in this group, so of course you'd feel protective of me. I know you're all hoping this works out for me. I've been kind of keeping Paula separated from you all, so this would be a good way to "get involved" with our meeting. whoever did send the box put some thought into it, which you all do every month. shall I go on? hmmmmm???
    Oh, another thing which makes me think it was one of you ladies is what was printed at the top of the first page of the Sensual Massage instructions. And I quote... "I did a search and found this. We can print it out and put it in all the boxes! LOL"

I must say, these instructions are quite detailed. "Having a couple of towels nearby would be smart. When lying face up, many are more comfortable with a rolled towel underneath their knees or ankles. Likewise, when face down, many people prefer to rest their head on a towel or pillow...
    Other than a quiet, appealing space, you don't need many props for a satisfying sensual massage. You might want feathers, toys or other tantalizing objects nearby, but all you really need is a good bottle or two of flavored massage oil and some lubricant to be used when massaging their genitals. Use oil-based, water-based or silicone-based lubricants on men, but to avoid vaginal infections, only use water-based lubricants on women."
    The instructions include such topics as Set the Mood, Get Ready, Communicate, Connect, Relax, Body Massage, Female Genital Massage, Male Genital Massage, and Afterglow.
    I love the last line in the "Afterglow" section... "Remember, practice makes perfect."
    LOL! I plan on a LOT of practice! Oh, yeah!

Now, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out that this was a group effort, and yes, I do have some suspects in mind! Let's see, if I had to make a line-up of caring, mischievious ladies, I'd have to go with Tracy, Linda, Allison, Regina, and April. Possibly Medo and the Bunster too, if they've had time lately.

Oh, I forgot to mention! That scented oil is driving Bump crazy! He was right there to inspect the box when I opened it, and I wound up hiding everything from him because he would leave it alone! It's all in my dresser, and he's still trying to open the drawer. I just hope it works the same way on Paula!!! hehehe (insert evil laugh here)

So, to sum it all up, YES, I believe it came from at least one of you ladies, possibly and probably more than one. So, whoever sent it, THANK YOU!!! I will put it to good use, and it was an incredible surprise! THANK YOU!!!

-Dan

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You can definitely eliminate me from the list of possible suspects there Dan, certainly shouldn't have me as the number one suspect. Nope not even close! Now, no more quoting those labels, some of us have kids who read over our shoulder! Don't feel like educating them any earlier than I have to now!

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Pap has not sent me her addy, no box either so I figure she wants to forget the trade this month. if this is not the case please get in touch with me pap. thankyou carol

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Yes Ma'am!
    As a matter of fact, you're not the only one to be giving me some orders tonight. While talking with Paula this evening, I told her about our box, and the contents. She's promised me a manicure, a pedicure, and threatened to use the nail polish on my toes! We'll see about that! I get to give her a pedicure and manicure, and was told that she'd be applying the polish so it would be evenly applied. Hmmm, we may see about that.
    I was also told that, if any other boxes show up before I leave, she'd like me to bring them to New York so we can open them together.
    Hmmm, that has possibilities. I could mail myself some toys, and say you ladies sent them.
    hehehehehe

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Now that would be a great idea, forward those packages right on to Paula's place the day before you leave and then you will be there to open them up together. That would be fun. Well, if there are any more boxes. LOL!

Now, on to swap business. Has anyone heard from the missing MNF'ers?

I see that Veeja has been ignored completely by her partner and that is unacceptable by our standards here. Carol has posted on numerous occasions that she hasn't heard from Paphiocon. Has anyone heard from this person or has dealt with them in the past? I will be sending an email to Pap via the member page in a few minutes.

What about Raven and Tammy? Are they in contact with each other? I haven't seen any posts by them in a while unless I have missed it?

Come on kids, it is the first of August. This swap should be concluded by now without leaving people to be wondering what is going on. If you have yet to complete your trade then you should be posting here to let us know the status of your exchange.

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Okay, as the host of the month, I'm declaring this swap closed.
    I want to thank all of you who did right by your partners for doing so.

Veeja, I'm deeply sorry you had a partner who didn't respond.

Paphiocon, we all hope you are okay and let us know what happened soon.

Raven and Tammy, I'm hoping you two are okay as well. Get in touch with us, and let us know what's going on.

Tracy, I'd like to give you some public thanks for stepping in like you've done all month. My mind has gone 50 different directions these past few weeks, and it's been terrific to log-in and see that you've done such a great job at subbing for me. THANK YOU!!!

For all those of you who participated in the questions, essays, and general mayhem... you were great! It's been an awesome poolparty!!!

Linda, you've got a certificate on the way, as soon as I can get it in the mail. You are now a certified Serial Gardener!

And, last but certainly not least, I'd like to thank Vic today for confirming for me that these packages are coming from you ladies! You made an interesting trip to the pharmacy, didn't you? LOL!!! Don't worry, I won't say what she bought so no one has to explain anything to the kids! (Look! I'm behaving!!!)

And now, I'm heading for a nap, wondering what the mailman will bring tomorrow...

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Pssst, Dan, you don't need to thank me, we all do this for each other when we get busy with real life stuff. Happy to help. Can we wait to close the swap until after you and Christie receive their boxes? You know we are all just dying to know what you guys got too!

beth b kodiak **REC'D
    hazelnutbunny **REC'D

christieb199
    ladygreensleeves **REC'D

vic zn5 **REC'D
    diene **REC'D

peaches20 **REC'D
    lindaruzicka **REC'D

tracyvine **REC'D
    chrizty **REC'D

veeja11
    paphiocon MISSING

tammy0924 MISSING
    Ravenwv MISSING

allisonlwise **REC'D
    dan_the_mailman

Hope you had a good nap!

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

I got my box from Allison, with a lot of mystery plants in it. I planted them all in a special place in my garden and will be anxiously awaiting to see what grows! There were also some fuzzy ball toys for the cats, which they've been enjoying since I opened the box.

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

christieb199 received her pkg today at 12:57pm

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Okay, so let's all clean up the pool area and head over to the August swap! (wonder what kind of trouble we can get into over there.....)

• diene
    15 years ago

Hello Dan;
    You cannot close this swap until Christie tells us about her box. We want to know and her partner certainly needs some acknowledgement for all of her hard work.
    What did you get Christie?
    diene

• christieb199
    15 years ago

Regina sent me a box full of roses, lots of seed packets, a hand made soap, some incense sticks, and a miracle gro plant food spikes package.

Thank you so much for your package Regina!!!

I planted the roses as soon as I got them and I looked up information on planting the cuttings. I had no idea how to do that. I did not realize that you could basically plant any rose cutting, even the ones that you receive to put in a vase. Well thats what they say on some websites at least lol.

I planted the cuttings in a good soil mix, watered the soil prior to putting them in the soil and put a 2 liter bottle over them and put them on a table on my covered porch. That way they will be out of direct sunlight and I will be able to keep an eye on them everyday. But I do not know how I will do with this project for all the leaves were like an almost dead type, you know how they get king of crispy feeling and flake off? Thats how they all were. :( :(

I hope they survive but I don't know.

Thanks again!! Christie

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Christie, as long as you have some green on the stem then they will root, just put the cutting in past the lower nodes (where leaves have been removed you will see a little green bump, thats where it will start rooting from). The leaves will all drop off pretty much so all you will see is basically a green stick, as long as there is some green (even if just a tad at the very base) then it will root and produce a rose bush eventually. Roses are very easy to propogate, even when you think they are all dead they will surprise you and start sprouting new stems and leaves. The leaves from cuttings die off from shock but new leaves will emerge so no worries on that. It may take several weeks but you will find that they more than likely will survive.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• diene
    15 years ago

Hello Pixie;
    Thanks for the info, I did not know that. Of course, I have very bad results with roses and that is more because of my climate than anything else. The nurseries around here will not guarantee roses.
    I may try to clone some of the ones that have survived.
    By the way, great box Regina.
    diene
    diene

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Okay Ladies, that does it for me! I think we've heard from everyone who's going to speak up about their boxes. Everyone did a fantastic job for their partners! This swap had a lot of good times, and a few straight out of the Twilight Zone too. I'll peek in next week from New York to see how things are going for y'all over in the August swap.

Linda, I'll e-mail you Friday or Saturday when I get the chance so you can let everyone know I made it okay.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THESE WONDERFUL BOXES SOME OF YOU HAVE SENT FOR MY TRIP!!! I'm resealing the two I've opened so Paula will have fun opening them, and all others I'm waiting to get to New York to open. THANK YOU FROM ME AND PAULA!!!

-Dan

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Good! I'll be checking my email...we have to keep track of you, you know..."G"

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Dan, that box from me was also from Chrizty too, hope you get to use everything!!! "G"
    Have fun!!

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Well, I don't know what I'll use the cough drops for, and the aleve may come in handy, but, concerning the other pharmacy item... ONLY ONE????? ah well, that's okay. we've discussed that, and I won't be using it.

and, as for having fun... we sure plan on it!!! hehehe

now, you do know, you won't be getting ALL the details, right? I certainly hope so, 'cause this man don't kiss and tell!

LOL!!!

-me

• veeja11
    15 years ago

I received a great box from pap yesterday, 8 seed pkgs, 7 6 pks of seed starter pkgs a plant hanger and a 2 in hand painted pot that says love grows the box had her addy on it so her box went out this morning conf #03080730000067921280.
    thankyou pap I love my box. so no need to worry about me. thankyou for a fun swap Dan. don't be starting a family on this trip. you need time with each other first.Pixie give your man a big hug for me. how have you been? here is what is keeping me busy these days 9 of the lil critters.

hope you all don't mind the pic. happy gardening all hope everyone received a box. they are so much fun to give and receive

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Dan,
    Maybe Paula will know what the Halls are for 'giggle'
    And PLEASE DON'T tell us all the details!! Some things are better left unknown! LOL

Carol,
    We LOVE pics!!! They are sooo cute! Just wait till they all start running around the house!!

Hmmm, I wonder if Pap is having some computer problems or something?

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I received an email from Dan. He arrived safely and is having a good time. He'll post later on in the week..I'll post anymore updates.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello All, I wanted to let you know that I have been in contact with Pap and she is having computer troubles. She doesn't have internet at home and only has access at work. Her office was flooded and is under construction and doesn't have any other private access available to her at the workplace so is unable to post here on GW.

Carol, I'm glad you received a lovely box from Pap and am grateful for your patience. If I hear anything further from Pap I will post here.

Glad to hear that Dan arrived safely. I hope he has a wonderful time in NY. Thanks for the update Linda.

Tracy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

all is well in new york!

• veeja11
    15 years ago

according to the conf # pap has received her box from me. I hope she liked it. Paula if you are reading this, please take it easy on dan, remember he is elderly. finally getting rain here, not helping my mega bunch of green maters turn red, just making zucchini get too big too fast. I need recipies for stuffed and bread and any others you have. pups are growing like weeds. we are socializing them now, we take them out to play in the grass daily, they all have names and come when called. ashland,dusty,prince,princess, tack, duo,blaze,spot and panda. they are 4 1/2 weeks so will be sold in 3 1/2 weeks. happy gardening carol