Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

attention!!! dan's garden pictures

dan_the_mailman
15 years ago

Okay, you wanted them, here they are, all on photobucket, complete with titles (time of year) and descriptions.

Enjoy!

-Dan

http://s334.photobucket.com/albums/m421/dcwolfstar/My%20Garden/

Comments (12)

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

okay Dan, it won't do anything...just says the addy is wrong..."smacking computer"

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Don, you really DID kill your lawn!!! lol I almost missed the little gnome hiding in your hostas! (love the little hosta bed with the rocks by the way) It's filling in really nicely! Thanks for sharing!

Karen

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Linda, ya missed it! There was a nekkid scarecrow in there & everything!! :O)

Karen's right, Dan...you really DID kill your lawn!!
    Could you come over to my place?? My grass is 3 ft tall, (the mower is broken)...think you could take care of that for me?? LOL

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Yep! Ya killed the lawn!! Way to go!!!!

Looks great!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

still doesn't come up..what am I doing wrong???..."wringing hands"...

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Linda try this.
    I want to kill my grass too...err, that stuff is for the birds....

Dan nice stuff you have there.

:) Fran

Here is a link that might be useful: Dan's yard

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Thanks Fran! That worked! dan, everything is gorgeous..gives me hope for my garden.

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

what??? you all doubted me when I said I was gonna kill my lawn???
    wassamatta wid youse guys??? (practicing my italian accent)

I'm glad you all liked what you saw! It's taken me two years to get the perennial garden looking like I wanted it, but it really took off this year! I'm rather proud of it, I must say!

Now, why do you all still have lawns? Growing grass just to mow it down, not to mention the cost of gas to fill the mower, the upkeep on the mower, etc, whassup widat???

hehehe

I'll let you all know when I've got more pictures....

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

;) I couldn't agree more Dan (about the use of 'grass' as a ground cover) lol, but I live in the south and people (mostly male type people) take great pride in mastering the fescue. Though I must confess to be a big fan of a lush green lawn for walking barefoot, a little clover is nice too on mowing days (smell the sweet scent of fresh cut grass and clover....... I think I died and went to heaven)

Hate the mowing hate the weeds hate the wiregrass and wild onion, love the smell, love the feel of it under my feet!

Anyhoo.... I don't have that lovely sort of grass so I say KILL IT ALL!

Great Photos Dan! cute kitties too.

Really want a cat.

Have a great day!

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Columbine seeds, they arrived yesterday!

Thank you

Frances

• lovebnretired
    15 years ago

Dan,
    Thanks for sharing you garden photos. There is one shot of the raised bed with the tiny Gnome who has been busy keeping his bed that I love the plant combos. I made notes and hope to come close to copying the layout in one of my beds for next yr.
    Thanks,
    Lovebnretired

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

So this is where you are hiding?jk...lol...Great pics Dan,good looking "kids" and gardens! I love your lawn...lmao...boy do I wish,I could kill mine,but that is a few years off for now,gotta leave the little one room to run I guess!
    Hey,whatever happened to our trade? I sent you an email awhile back working out the details,and somewhere along the way,lost track of you! Anyway,I still would love to do a trade whenever you are up to it. Does Aunt Dot go to seed? That is adorable and I absolutely love plants that have been handed down and have special meaning to someone!

So glad to hear and see that things are going well for you!Happy gardening!
    ~Angie