8. cjcjmass .....on the way
  9. ibartoo
  10. clay lady .....receved

happy gardening

michelle

Comments (52)

• budsnblooms
    14 years ago

Mine was mailed yesterday. Conf. # not available right now but I can give it to you if you need it. Thanks again.

I think I may have forgotten to include my GW name in my box...the name is budsnblooms.

Debbie

• domehomedee
    14 years ago

Mine was mailed Monday.
    DC# 0308 3390 0001 1125 4378

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Mine was mailed to you on Monday. I forgot to get a DC#. Sorry but if I have to I can probably replace my plants.
    I gave my box to the mail lady to mail for me and didn't know how much it was going to cost. Please let me know if I didn't send enough and I will send more. I can paypal it to you if you have an account. I intended to send enough to help with Kim's.
    Nancy

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Mine went out yesterday, DC# 0103 8555 7497 7078 6545. Details on the original thread.
    ~Laura

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    has everyone sent by now? or did someone send and not post?
    I need to know what boxes I'm still waiting for, right now it looks like greenthunbgrow and lilangel arethe only 2 on the way, if I get them tomarrow I may try to reship friday or sat. but I rilly need to know if the rest are just dropping out or not. I usualy have several drop but 5 no shows are a lot. all the boxes so far look in great shape I have opened them all and counted and checked them all, some may have lost lables, or not been labled so I hope we all like surprises, and thanks to those that sent extras so I can send everyone back nice fat boxes.

player list
    1. micyrey ...receved
    2. rosepedal.......receved
    3. maraes
    4. domehome .....receved
    5. greenthumbgrow ...on the way
    6. budsnblooms .....receved
    7. sred98
    8. diane ........receved
    9. antiqueorchid .....receved

1. ramazz........receved
    2. piksi hk
    3. jaceysgranny .....receved
    4. stage-rat .......receved
    5. lilangel181 ...on the way
    6. beth B. kodiak
      16 plant-one-on-me .....receved
    7. dem pa ..........receved
    8. cjcjmass .......receved
    9. ibartoo
      happy gardening
      michelle
  • diene
    14 years ago

Hello Michelle;
    I do not want a fat box as I have very little room to add my irises. I sent a large box because I had them to share not because I wanted alot back. I do not even need a medium size one rate box. If you have extras that you think should be mine, send them to plant-one-on-me. Thanks. diene

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

My box doesn't have to come back with D.C., I think I forgot to mention that before. You don't have to send it priority either, but there may be little/no price difference.

• mareas
    14 years ago

Michelle, I just can't get the money together to send a box so will have to drop out of the swap.
    I'm very sorry everyone, will try again next year.
    "3. maraes" ~ Marea

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

player list
    1. micyrey ...receved
    2. rosepedal.......receved
    3. maraes ....dropped
    4. domehome .....receved
    5. greenthumbgrow ...receved
    6. budsnblooms .....receved
    7. sred98
    8. diane ........receved
    9. antiqueorchid .....receved

1. ramazz........receved
    2. piksi hk ...receved
    3. jaceysgranny .....receved
    4. stage-rat .......receved
    5. lilangel181 ...receved
    6. beth B. kodiak
      16 plant-one-on-me .....receved
    7. dem pa ..........receved
    8. cjcjmass .......receved
    9. ibartoo

well here are the standings, I had 1 dropped, 3 no-showes and the rest of he boxes are in. I have not heared from the no-shows so I sorted all the irises between 16 of us, many of you will be getting bigger boxes than you sent, thanks to some very generous people who sent not only lots of extra irises but also some extra money for shipping. those that wanted less irises back are still getting no less that a med flat rate box "STUFFED" sorry I could send no less. I hope you are all happy with them. when you get your boxes back please soak the irises for at least a few hours before planting, over night would be great. I didn't put in any water iris becouse the boxes are very full as it is and all the paper and plastic needed to keep them wet just would not fit in the boxes. lilangel, you might not want to use s much water next time your box went to mush but the irises still looked fine and I had plenty of extra boxes.
    well if there any questions please let me know and I will post DC#s as soon as they are picked up tomarrow(I could never do this with out flate rate boxes and front door pick up)
    happy gardening
    michelle

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

Michelle:

Please let me know if I need to send you more postage!

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Hello everyone,

Michelle thank you so much for hosting this swap i can not wait too see what goodies I have.

You are wonderful.
    cjcjmass
    cindy

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

OH Michelle.... I am soooo excited. I think Irises are my most favorite flower ever and I can't wait until next year to see some of these bloom!

Thanks so much for all your hard work It is very much appreciated. I can't wait to get all my new irises back in the ground. Yeah! Hoooooo!

Tammy:-)
    AKA Greenthumbgrow

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Holy smokes batman! I only wanted a couple I didnt have a wide varity to share. (iris deprived lol)...I am sending more money out...As soon as I get al's wallet..Kidding of course.... I only wanted a couple.... Thanks everybody for sharing so many....:) Michelle sending more money..Thank you for all your hard work....Barb

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    please don't send more postage, several people sent extra so we are covered.
    all the lables and postage are printed up, and the boxes are closed(it was not easy to get some closed) and becky I sent you a thank you for the help. I can't wait to see what our iris patches look like in a year or 2, I had not realized how crouded mine were till I started digging, they were very tight.
    there are some umarked irises in the boxes I hope no one minds.
    well like I said I will wait till they are picked up to post DC#s
    see ya tomarrow
    michelle

• diene
    14 years ago

I did not need a DC, did you do it online so it was free or did you pay? Thanks for all your hard work. This has really happened very quickly. Great job Michelle. diene

• domehomedee
    14 years ago

I'm excited too! I have been living with the same iris for years and getting some new colors is exciting. Thanks Michelle, this was a lot of work for you and I really do appreciate it.
    Dee

• ramazz
    14 years ago

Barb/rosepedal, you will no longer be iris deprived, LOL. I am going to have to remove some more grass in order to make homes for the new iris. Gee, that is a real shame . . .

Thanks, Michelle!

Becky

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Wow, what a quick turnaround! I cant imagine how the box would get squishy... a few were fresh dug but most dried for a few days on the porch. I guess Ill have to look into shipping irises more thoroughly for next time. I hope the card for Kim was in good shape though, and thanks for the replacement box!
    ~Laura

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Becky you aint kidding...Between this wonderful swap of sharers and Hazzlenut bunny I have tons of new iris..I joined a daves coop for them too...Gosh I am way excited to see them all and larrys too...I am sending more money out monday..Thanks you all for sending in extra money...Michelle just keep it for yourself..I feel bad for not sending in enough for a big box...:) Happy iris dance in WI...:)

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    please no more money is needed, I had enough with a few left over stamps(I will use to send birthday cards and seeds for the birthday swap)
    the boxes are on the porch and will be picked up in an hour.
    here are the DC#'s, I wanted all the boxes to have DC#s for my oun peace of mind, I hate it when seed envies from swaps get lost and watch to be sure they all make it home, so it is for me so I know they make it home.

1. micyrey
    2. rosepedal.....0103 8555 7497 1027 8390

4. domehome .....0103 8555 7497 7319 2954

5. greenthumbgrow .0103 8555 7497 9416 4473

6. budsnblooms ...0103 8555 7497 2076 4159

8. diane .........0103 8555 7497 8367 8714

9. antiqueorchid .0103 8555 7497 5222 1439

1. ramazz........0103 8555 7497 4173 5671

2. piksi hk .....0309 0330 0001 1220 2176

3. jaceysgranny .0103 8555 7497 6270 7190

4. stage-rat ....0103 8555 7498 0465 0231

5. lilangel181 ..you should have yours

16 plant-one-on-me .0103 8555 7496 8930 6872

1. dem pa .........0103 8555 7497 8368 1233

2. cjcjmass .......0103 8555 7497 7319 5474

3. clay lady ......0103 8555 7497 6270 9712

I hope I got all those right, if I messed up please let me know. just heard something on the porc and it was my maillady, I helped her load the boxes, I hope some of you may get them on sat.
    well I'm gonna go get mine soaking and try to get them in the ground tonight, I think I will be loosing more grass too LOL and a few kinda stragaly bushes.
    I will be in touch
    michelle

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Hi Michelle Thank you...I will send you a little box of goodies in a few weeks..I see you are zone 5 I can come up with a few to make up for the money..:))) You will have something from my gardens than to make you smile!!!

If you dont hear from me this weekend because they will probably be here tommorow..I am going to see the kids... I will be back sunday late...My mail lady knows how to take care of them..So no worries she is one of the best...Which reminds me I need to get her something too...

Lol on the grass removal..I can see you and Becky now..:)

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Michelle,

You have done a wonderful job! I am so excited. I only had those three irises and I am sooo excited about getting new ones. I was looking in one of the catalogs I got in mail and the irises were 12-14 dollars a piece! Can you believe that! Boy am I gladd I have you all! I am sooooo glad that I made it in time for this swap. I LOVE irises and only had three LARGE patches of those ones. I hope everyone enjoys them because I Know I will be enjoying the ones you all sent me.

In fact today I made a whole new flower bed just for them (of course it will get a couple other things for when they aren't bloomin, but overall it will be the iris bed) I will post a pic as soon as I have them all in the ground. Yeah!

Thanks so much to everyone who joined.

'a very happy' greenthumbgrow

I will let you know as soon as I recieve them. ooh the wait is on.

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Rosepetal - Isn't it great to have a wonderful mail lady. Mine is one of a kind also. She always takes care of my packages if I am not home because she knows what is in them. (I share with her sometimes. That is the trick!) LOL.

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

So we not only have wonderful generous people sending in extra iris, but people covering the postage too. You are all so kind!

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

Wow, Michelle; thank you so much for all your hard work...
    I was looking forward for only a few irises since I didn't have many to share (glad I sent extra postage). This is only my 2nd round robin so I'm just thrilled to be able to get a variety of irises. I will be able to share the extras with my friends and the bed at church (which the library committee takes care of). There is a couple of fans of irises in the bed now but now we can add a few more.

Thanks again, Michlle, and to all who participated, a big thank you for sharing your lovely irises.

Betsy

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Michelle, thank you so much for hosting this great swap. Cannot believe how quickly you did this. You must have a lot of experience. I just can't wait to see them bloom. Does anybody have any pixie dust to sprinkle over them to make them bloom now? ;-)
    Thanks everyone, it's really a fun swap.

Nancy

• plant-one-on-me
    14 years ago

Hi all...been having computer problems. I am glad to see my box made it safe to Michelle and mine is on the way. I only had 2 colors to share and hope those who get them will love them.

I am getting together a memorial garden for my husband and the iris will go wonderfully as the back drop for everything I hope to plant. Even after the flowers stop blooming, the leaves look very nice in the background. Iris is one of my favorite flowers and these will be wonderful in my yard.

My brother and his wife bought me the most beautiful stepping stone that I thought I would share with you...

God saw you getting tired
    A cure was not to be,
    So he put his arms around you
    And whispered, "Come with me."

With tearful eyes we watched you
    And saw you fade away,
    Although we loved you dearly
    We could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating
    Your tender hands at rest,
    Good took you home to prove to us
    He only takes the best.

Always Remembered
    John
    June 11, 2009

Hope things arrive safely to all. Kim

• dem_pa
    14 years ago

I received my box of iris at noon today. Thanks to all for the great variety. A special thanks to Michelle for doing all the work.

Kim those are great words on your stepping stone.

Thanks to everybody.

Don (dem_pa)

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

I got mine in the mail today too. I also have a large selection and so many that I'll have to prepare a new bed. Thanks to all who participated and who sent to me. Don, thank you for the white one. There were a few others that had my name on them but I could not read the names so thanks for the special ones for me. I hope we can all get together for another swap sometime. It's too hot at my house right now for me to try to mail or receive without fear of plants dying. We did get a good rain at about 4am until around 8am. That will save on the water bill and make the ground easier to dig in.
    Happy blooms all,
    Nancy

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Hello everyone,

Kim that was so beautifull my prays are with you.
    Swap members that you so much for the wonderful iris
    that I recieved they are all exactly what i've alway wanted

Thanks again

• ramazz
    14 years ago

I received my lovely box of iris along with a special gift from Michelle. You guys, if she ever asks for assistance, jump on it, it is definitely worthwhile.

Kim, that is a lovely stepping stone and I know you will put together a beautiful memorial garden. Best wishes to you and your family.

Becky

• diene
    14 years ago

Hello All;
    I received a box with way too many irises. I also received some of my own back but that is okay, I am giving the extras to a friend. Thanks for all of the contributions. I had dug a bunch to send so I left those spaces open for the new irises. It will probably be two years before they bloom but I am very pleased with my selection. Thank you all.
    diene

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

YEAHHHHH! HaaaWhoooo.

I got my box ***dancing around the living room***

soooo excited and some awesome irises! I have them soaking in the GH and added a whole new bed in the back yard just for these babies! (still sore from that -did it today) I will be planting them out tommorrow.

Sooo excited and happy! I LOVE irises... oh wait I already said that a couple times before I am sure you all know by now.

Thanks Michelle for all your hard work! I now have a michelle swap bed of irises. LOL.... Will post photos once I get them in their new home :-)

Tammy

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Kim - That stepping stone sounds beautiful. I loved the poem on it. Hope you enjoy the irises and remember the good times.

Tammy

• plant-one-on-me
    14 years ago

I got my absolutely huge box of iris today!!! Thank you all so much for the wonderful plants. Looks like I will need to make a larger bed but that is so awesome. Kim

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Good greif, yall are so generous! I dont know where Im going to put everything!! According to the complex we arent allowed to dig new beds (Ive been secretly expanding the existing one), so I think Ill be compelled to 'take over' some neighbors beddings. *dances in circles*

Kim, that is a lovely poem. I popped some extras into the card envelope for you and the grandkids to share. Just a little something, I hope you can use them.

Love and hugs to everyone!!!
    ~Laura

• domehomedee
    14 years ago

Received mine today . . . I know what I'm doing all day tomarrow! Thanks again Michelle, and thanks too to everyone who sent extras. My flower garden will be magnificent next year!
    Domehome

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Michelle, I am so sorry that I forgot to thank you=the most important one for the package you sent me from yourself so I thank you again for those!

Kim, I'm truly sorry for your loss and pray that your broken heart will lessen. The poem was beautiful and very fitting. I know your memorial garden will be so precious to you.

Nancy

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello everyone
    it looks like all the boxes have been deliverd except piksi-hk(hopfully it will be soon)
    Thank you to everyne for being in my swap this was the first time I have done a swap like this and I guess I made some misstaks but I hope everyone got some of the irises they wanted. the wish lists helped alot. you guies are the ones that make swaps like this so great, big hugss to you all.
    happy gardening
    michelle

• diene
    14 years ago

I also forgot to thank Michelle again for all her hard work. This was one of the quickest and most productive swaps I have been in. You should give yourself a big pat on the back.
    Thanks.
    diene

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Hi everybody checking in on my brothers puter lightening struck mine hahahha thank you everyone for your thinking of others...you made me giggle unpacking everything... Nothing better than friends sharing themselves...Man I feel spoiled rotten...I have iris now! all because of you all... Thank you my gardening friends Barb

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

I still haven't gotten to my box, it's at my mom's house and I can't get there today! I just wanted to check in and say thank you, anyway!

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

Michelle,

I got my box yesterday; thank you, thank you, thank you, for hosting this swap. And to all who shared their irises, a big thank you. I can't wait till they start blooming and see all the colorful booms.

Kim, what a fitting tribute to John. The poem is just so appropriate.

Betsy

• budsnblooms
    14 years ago

I got min.e a couple of days ago. Thanks Michelle.
    Debbie/budsnblooms

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

HOLY SCHMOLY! I can't believe how many irises I received! I'd empty a bag and think that was the end of it, but then there would be another in the box, and another, and another! I did not expect to get so many new and wonderful irises!

Thank you so much to the people who sent in all the great irises, and to Michelle for sharing her irises with me and for all the work of sorting and shipping. That box had to be expensive to send--are you SURE I don't need to send more postage?

• clay_lady
    14 years ago

Thank you for the wonderful swap. I love to see all the iris in bloom and I like to take flowers to work to share with those who don't have any. We have had a busy summer. My husband had carpitunnel surgery on one hand and 2 days later our daughter had a baby girl ( she wasn't breathing at 1st so she was on oxygen for a day but doing good after that awful scare).the next week our son-in-law had heart surgery- they had to burn his heart in 67 locations- it was a very risky surgery. Yesterday my husband had his other hand done so now more recovery. This swap was really great to get my mind off all the craziness. You never know where people are in life when you do something soooooo special. Thanks you again from the bottom of my heart.

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

clay lady.
    I hope all is well with you and your family.
    cindy

• ibartoo
    14 years ago

HI Everyone, I want to apologize for falling off the face of the earth during this swap. I have had an endless string of things blocking me. I am very sorry for anyone that I let down.
    Linda

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

clay_lady, I'm sorry to see that you've had such heartbreaking times in your life lately. I hope things will turn around for you soon.
    Nancy

• clay_lady
    14 years ago

Thanks for the caring posts. Things are going much better. Husbands hands are doing good ( His brother had surgery on his Tues) My son-in- law is doing much better--has to be careful of side effect from the medication, and the baby (Olivia) is beautiful, after a very scary start.God Bless you for your concerns. clay_lady

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths