Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
update: july mnf swap: letting freedom ring (part 3!)

Posted by dan_the_mailman Michigan (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 19:22

Here we go again! Too kewl! If you need to look at the rules, please refer back to either part 1 or part 2 of this swap. Basically, we're each sending a box with at least 5 perennials, 1 local newspaper, and 1 garden noise-maker, in it. Bulbs and seeds do not count as perennials, but they can be included as bonuses.

At 8pm on Friday the 8th of July (tomorrow), sign-ups will be done.
Early Saturday morning, somewhere between 5:30-7:15am, I will not only post a list of all the boxes available, but also the order in which they can be chosen. The more you've all talked in this swap, the more choices there will be for you to choose from.

Boxes are to be shipped via the post office as priority mail. The size of the box will be determined by what you are sending. Please mail out all boxes before the 15th and post a dc# here online.

When you receive your box, please post the contents (some of which will still be a mystery to us all), and a thank you for the person who sent it.

-Dan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: update: july mnf swap: letting freedom ring (part 3!)

I forget to ask... please take another look at the plants you intend to send out. If you need to make any changes to your list, please get them to me BEFORE 8pm tomorrow.
THANK YOU

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 21:11

Hi Everyone! All set up and ready to go for the yard sale! Got here at 9 this morning-been busy all day getting ready.
Tomorrow is the Day! Can't wait to see all the lists!
Talk to ya tomorrow!
Shirley!

o

Good luck on your garage sale Shirley. We are having one in two weeks and I have tons of stuff and nothing is priced yet. I am not even sure if people will come to where we live. It is just outside the city but not sure if people will want to come here. It will be worth it though. Lots of stuff at great prices.

My husband and I went to IKEA tonight and on the way, saw a mother duck and her two small ducklings about to cross 275 which is a busy freeway. She only had two babies so I wonder if she has attempted this before and lost a few. I didn't look back. Poor ducklings.

Have to go hunt down something noisy tomorrow and pick up a newspaper. We don't get the daily anymore. Our kids have had paper routes for the last umpteen years and didn't have to pay but now that the last kid has retired his paper bag, it isn't worth purchasing.

I hope we have some lurkers sign up tomorrow. It will be worth it. Margo

o

Finally got a quick 30min downpour yesterday. I asked for rain. I got rain. Guess I need to be more specific about wanting a good steady root-soaking rain. LOL

Margo, wishing well for the mama duck & ducklings.

25-26 hours to go. Very exciting!
Dan, I do not envy your job tonight but am grateful that you're doing it. Thanks for organizing a fun & very active swap!
Grace

o

Good morning all. Out and watered early this morning and despite the heat, most are doing well. I do have a couple of things that seem to be struggling including my tequilla sunrise coreopsis and threadleaf. It surprises me because I don't usually have a problem with coreopsis. Perhaps some varieties just aren't as hardy.

Off to work for the day. Looking forward to choosing my next new garden additions. Margo

o

DAN can you tell everyone about how to use the commercial priority Boxes A and B? you can pack up to 20 pounds in a box and the rates are cheaper than flat rate and boxes a really big.
all you have to do is sign up at usps.com and use the click and ship. what a time saver too.
i just sent out a large B box for 10.51 and it was 10 pounds full!
what a bargain i wish i had known about shipping this way a long time ago it would have saved me alot in shipping charges. thanks holly

o

Ok. The rain is now steadily pouring cats & dogs. Well at least the plants can't complain about not enough water. Hope none of 'em drown.

Dan, I sent you a message about switching one of my plants out. LMK if that's not ok.

Thanks! Grace

o

Sorry Holly, that's the first I've heard about them. They sound like something to check into though! The best place to find out about all sorts of shipping options is by going to www.usps.com. Start there, and have some fun!

I'm going to start working on those plant lists. If anyone has any changes they'd like to make to theirs, please do so by 8pm, EST. I can get the bulk of it all done now, and any changes needed to be made can be done in a few minutes.

REMEMBER, I'LL BE POSTING THE PLANT LISTS AND ORDER OF CHOOSING BEFORE 7:30AM TOMORROW MORNING! PLEASE TRY TO BE AVAILABLE TO MAKE YOUR CHOICE WHEN IT'S YOUR TURN SO THIS WILL GO FAST AND EASY.
after 8pm tonight, I'll be doing the final tallying of talkers. I'll post the results once I have them finished.

See You All Soon!
-Dan

o

here's the link to the usps rate chart for the cheaper rate by internet
Priority Mail® Regional Rate Box™
Low-Cost Shipping Solutions for Packages with a Short Trip

Here is a link that might be useful: regional rate box

o

we've had two days of a good soaking rain...plants are looking good!

"making some tea and coffee and setting out coffee cake"

o

this isn't fair and I apologize. I'm dropping out. I've had a 2-day conference, a government meeting (still have no idea what they really said), my grandmother is being lifeflighted to another state, my husband passed 3 federal tests and is studying for orals and practicals to get licensed as an aviation mechanic, I had a job interview for a different job and a partridge in a pear tree. I wanted to do this. I really did. I just couldn't keep up. No sympathy...I just need ot keep things together.
Heidi

o

Linda, you always offer up the treats just as I sit down to something sweet and fattening. Your treats are much better for me too. Darn. I am eating a ice cream sundae but will enjoy a cup of coffee after. Thank you.

Dan, I know I am going to be in top few for first picking and I have to work 10-6 and then we are going to dinner to celebrate my daughters engagement. I hope I don't cause too much of a delay. Oh, just imagine the anticipating that will be going on. So, if the first few are quick to choose and it becomes my turn, please know that I cannot do so til later in the evening. I apologize but my husband was away when they were officially engaged and we need to celebrate. :)

Margo

o

Heidi, here's hoping things slow down a bit for you. Take care, and don't forget to keep breathing. You get that down, and everything else just seems to fall into place.

Margo, won't that be just too bad for all of those waiting on you to log on and make your choice? ((insert extremely evil grin here)) Have fun, enjoy yourself, and get here when you can...rofl!

Okay, I think I have all the boxes sorted and listed. All I need to do now is total up the number of times everyone has posted, and we're ready to rock!
Y'know, since we're almost ready, and the phonelines are only going to be open for another 42 minutes, maybe we could get this thing going tonight! Would you all like me to post everything before I go to bed tonight???

What say ye Little Tall?

(man, I love hosting!)

Hey Grace! I've lost your address. Would you please e-mail it to me once again?

See you later gators!
-Dan

o
RE: update: july swap: letting freedom ring (part 3!)

Dan, I was just thinking. Since I always go to Panera before work, I will check before 10 o'clock and if the first choosers are done by then, I will make my choice before I start work. A lot of pressure on me but I think I can deal.

Holly, thanks for the link.

Heidi, no sympathy then but sure wish you could have joined in the fun. Maybe next time. Here at GW, there is always a next time.

Dan, be sure to set your alarm. Margo

o

Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 19:30

Hi Everyone!
Dan-Tonite or tomorrow-either one is fine with me.
Yard Sale went fine, had about an hour rain delay, but at least it was cool the rest of the day.
Heidi-hope things slow down for you-it's been nice chatting with ya!
I'll check back in,in a while!
Shirley!

o

It is now after 8pm, the sign-up period is closed, the posting tallies are in, and I've got the final numbers. Here we go...

dan_the_mailman.....45
sjc48.....42
smitties.....38
lindaruzicka.....27
poisondartfrog.....24
wispfox.....23
mamasllamas.....17
auntyara.....16 (tied with celeegra, joined 1st)
celeegra.....16 (tied with auntyara, joined 2nd)
sinbadsmom.....12
suegardens.....8
cryptid.....7
lovesherflowers.....5
nottougly.....1

So, starting with me and ending with Faye/nottougly, that will be the order in which we choose our boxes.
Would you like to see the boxes? Of course you would! Well, here they are...!!!

BOX ONE: auntyara
purple palace coral bells
moonbeam coreopsis
dragons blood sedum
weigela minuet
hosta, unknown, has small yellow leaves purple flowers. very cute, likes sun
basket of gold alyssom
lobelia fan blue

BOX TWO: dan_the_mailman
Groundcover rose
Lamb�s ear
Variegated pineapple mint
NOID daylilies
Spiderwort
Mystery plants

BOX THREE: Celeegra
catmint
penstemon fireworks
iris kochii
hakonechloa
agastache golden jubilee

BOX FOUR: mamasllamas
daylily large no name
hyperion a big bunch
iris light purple
lavender hitecote
coneflower purple
yarrow a bright red or a mini yellow
purple coneflower
pink delight butterfly bush.
one pot of pachysandra vine
a noid purple daylily
a noid lg. yellow daylily
a noid red daylily
a noid white daylily

BOX FIVE: Lovesherflowers
NOID Irises
Purple Palace Coral Bells
Purple Cordyline
Sweet Pea Vine
Japanese Blood Grass

BOX SIX: Cryptid
Ranunculus - mixed
Anemone - "St. Brigid"
Rain Lily - Pink
Gladiolous - yellow - "Flowersong"
Gladiolous - red - "Oscar"
Horseradish
Green Japanese Maple seedlings - 6"-1'
Iris - ruffled, dark purple/black (36") - "All Night Long"?
Centranthus alba

BOX SEVEN: sinbadsmom
Daylilies
Lilies
solomon seal
jack in the pulpits
bloodroot.

BOX EIGHT: Nottougly
Hosta, Striptease
Hosta, Minuteman
Walkers Low Catmint
Fern, TN Ostrich
Speedwell, First Love

BOX NINE: poisondartfrog
Salvia Black and Blue
Bearded Iris, Abbey Road
Achemilla mollis, Ladies Mantle
Daylily, August Frost
Daylily, Two to Tango

BOX TEN: wispfox
Oriental Limelight Artemisia (Artemisia vulgaris 'Oriental Limelight')
Purple Spiderwort
Lily of the Valley
Spirea Japonica
Firecracker Fringed Loosestrife (Lysimachia ciliata)
hosta (Golden Tiara)

BOX ELEVEN: smitties
white rose campion
sunset coneflower
lavendar
crazy daisy
fanfare blanketflower
plains coreopsis
Blue flax
chocolate mint

BOX TWELVE: Linda Ruzicka
Purple coneflowers,
red hot poker,
cats and kittens,
rose colored sedum
lamb's ear

BOX THIRTEEN: suegardens2
Yellow asiatic lily noid
Caesar's Brother Siberian Iris
Maui Buttercups Hosta
Aztec Gold Daylily
Royal Eventide Daylily
Patriot Hosta
Royal Standard Hosta
Echinacea Purpurea - Standard purple
Echinacea Purpurea - White Swan
Tall Bearded Iris - my choice of ID'd

BOX FOURTEEN: sjc48
Butterfly Bush (deep purple, NOID)
Russian Sage
Red Yarrow (it said red on the pkg, only it is pink that fades to white)
Johnson's Blue Geranium
Coral Bells (Purple Palace, I think)
Toad Lilies (WSed this year)
Pearly Everlasting (good butterfly host)
Common Sneezeweed (good butterfly host)

After looking at all these great boxes, I think I would like to receive box number 11, from smitties/margo. I'm thinking that chocolate mint would go great with my pineapple mint, the sunset coneflower sounds perfect, and the rest of her plants are either something I've wanted for a long time, or haven't thought of yet!

Shirley, you're up next, and boxes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, and 14 are available.

Have a fabulous night/weekend everyone! I'll be back in the morning to check on our progress!

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!!

-Dan

o

Yay, rain overnight and cloudy this morning. Starting to have sun again, but I'm sure the plants appreciated it. I do, too, as it'll make getting lots of roots for the plants I will send much easier! More rain late this afternoon, too.

Margo: wow! You can has a huge pond! I see why it's a water source. :)

And yeah, I usually send things with roots wrapped in a moist paper towel which are themselves in a ziplock or other sort of plastic. How wet is ideal, for the towels? I've seen enough variation that I'm not sure!

I've seen a tick or two, but I was very definitely in the type of area that I would expect to have. Nothing in an unexpected area, though.

And yeah, I still need to hunt a noisy thing and see if we have any local newspapers hanging about (possible, but unlikely) before I go buy one. :) I... _may_ have a noisy thing that I never use which I would be willing to give up. I'm still trying to decide on that, or buying something. :)

Dan: not sure if my plants will fit into a flat-rate. Once you post the list of plants people are offering, I will ask a question about one of mine in relation to this. :)

Shirley: good luck with the yard sale!!!

Grace: rain? Excellent for you and your plants! I'm happy about ours, too. :)

Linda: mmm, snackage...

And yay, for box info shown! :)

Sz, who knows this won't count but feels chatty anyway. ;)

o
spiderwort query

Since the lists exist now!

I'm trying to decide if it'd be ok to trim some off the top of the spiderwort, since I'm pretty sure that they tend to go dormant in summer anyway, and one of the things people do _is_ trim the tops off to encourage blooming in the fall. Does anyone know? They are by far the tallest of the plants I'm sending. :)

Sz

o

Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 21:12

Hi Everyone! Yay, I get to go 2nd! And I'll choose Box#3, from Grace! Next up!?
Shirley!

o
Choosing my box!

Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 21:14

Hi Everyone! Yay, I get to go 2nd! And I'll choose Box#3, from Grace! Next up!?
Shirley!

o

when it's my turn, can I have all of them?...it's so hard to even make a choice!!

o

Choosing already? What fun!
I will check later to see if it is my turn yet. There are some great plants in all of the boxes. I have already narrowed down my favorites among the remaining selections to make it easier when my turn comes. I like boxes 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13 and 14.
Alana

o

Last Update of the Evening... We need to delete Box Five, and lovesherflowers will not be playing. So that'll make it boxes boxes 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, and 14 still available.

dan_the_mailman chose box 11
sjc48 chose box 3
smitties
lindaruzicka
poisondartfrog
wispfox
mamasllamas
auntyara
celeegra
sinbadsmom
suegardens
cryptid
nottougly

o

Woo hoo, I didn't have to worry about choosing in the morning. Dan, that was fast.

I am going to choose, drum roll please...................

Box 6, Cryptid.

Dan, I need to get a newspaper, the plants dug on Sunday evening, and the package posted on Monday if everything goes as planned. I will post the DC as soon as I do all the above. Thanks so much for hosting. I had a great time and the idea of all of us posting for positions was a great way to get conversations going. I really got to know more about the fellow Gardenweb members who joined in.

Oh Linda, it's your turn.

Margo

o

Wowee! Boxes are going fast! Good thing no one picked my fave yet. Keeping fingers crossed, although they all sound good. :)

Shirley, send me your addy. I got the noisemaker & picking up the paper over the weekend. It's been raining all night so the kids get one last long soak before they're wisked off to you on Monday!

Happy pickin, everyone!
Good night

o

after much deliberation...I choose number 14, Shirley's box. It will sooooo go in my butterfly garden so nicely! AND, I've wanted Russian sage for a very long time!.."rubbing hands together"

"putting on morning tea and coffee and passing around sticky buns"....

o

YIKES!!!!
I miss labeled a plant in box#1
I know we are all googling plants and it's NOT moonbeam coreopsis. It's zagreb coreopsis.
sorry about that. They look so much alike, but zagreb is much shorter and has deeper yellow color.
:) Laura

o

So I'm a little surprised. I had the impression that daylilies were unhappy about being transplanted in summer. Is that not the case? I have some that I'd love to give away, since the orange are so enthusiastic, and likely people on craigslist or freecycle would want them. I kind of think that it's unlikely that anyone here would need some, but if whoever gets my box wants some orange daylilies, I can send those, too!

Any thoughts?

Sz

o

I know that I have received daylilies this time of year and replanted and they were fine!

o

Morning all! Grace, I emailed you privately several days ago about the fostering, maybe it went to junk mail? So if your still interested why don't you try shooting me a message.
Darn! the box I wanted already went! Time to get back out in the yard, Kathie

o

Daylilies can be moved successfully almost any time the ground is not frozen.
I choose box 13 for that Royal Eventide Daylily. I collect doubles and I don't have that one. Yipee!
Alana

o

Ok! That was difficult, but I choose box 12!

mamasllamas of the excellent name, you're next!

Suzanne

PS thanks for the info on the daylilies. :)

o

I pick BOX NINE from poisondartfrog
for the daylilys love daylilys! holly

auntyara you're up next!

o

WOOHOO!!!
I choose box #8 YES!! I wanted it bad lol
thanks
Celeegra your next

o
oops

LOL In my excitement about getting the box I wanted...
I forgot to say thank you to nottougly for offering ferns! YES!!!
I always admire them in other peoples gardens and can never find ones I can afford :)
~happy dance, happy dance~
ok sorry, I'll stop now lol
:)))) Laura

o

Good Afternoon Everyone! I see the picking is moving right along. I guess that means it's "box season"...lol! I know, I know, bad joke. But hey, you get what you've paid for, and since nobody has paid anything for their tickets to this show yet.... Well, you get the drift. Lol!

It's nice to see that everyone is finding something they've been wanting for their gardens in this swap. That tells me this idea was a good one, and as anyone who has hosted a swap will tell you, that's a very safisfying feeling! Can I get an amen, my brothers and sisters?

I went to menards this afternoon to replace the tank on my grill, and of course, had to take a look at the coneflowers to see if they had anything I didn't have yet. I brought home 2 sunrise, 2 twilight, and another one I can't remember the name of. I also got a black and white poppy. All for under $25! I've spent more than that on just one coneflower before, so I'm thinking I got a pretty good haul! Viva la conefleur!

Here's where we stand in the box-picking...
Boxes 1, 2, 4, 7, and 10 are still available.
dan_the_mailman chose box 11 from Margo
sjc48 chose box 3 from Grace
smitties chose box 6 from Darrin
lindaruzicka chose box 14 from Shirley
poisondartfrog chose box 13 from Sue N.
wispfox chose box 12 from Linda
mamasllamas chose box 9 from Alana
auntyara chose box 8, from Faye
celeegra
sinbadsmom
suegardens
cryptid
nottougly

Please check that list for me and let me know of any mistakes.

Keep Having Fun!
-Dan

o

Wow! Boxes were snatched up fast!
I like mystery in life. I'll take box 2 for the mystery plants.
Dan, any idea what color the groundcover rose is?

Kathie, I checked my junk box & did get your email. Thanks so much for the info on fostering!
Oh, p.s. you're up next!
Grace

o

the groundcover rose should be either pink, or dark pink. those were the only two colors of rose in that area. I dug it all up last year, but wouldn't you know it, there's more coming up from the roots? lol! you'll be getting a persistent and resilient rose plant, that's for sure!

o

morning all, I'll take box #1. Has plants that I don't have! Sunday morning, my brothers showing up and we're off to the flea market! Kathie

o

It's Sunday morning, and...
Here's where we stand in the box-picking...
Boxes 1, 2, 4, 7, and 10 are still available.
celeegra chose box 2, from Dan
sinbadsmom chose box 1, from Laura
suegardens
cryptid
nottougly

Sue, you're up! Followed by Darrin and then Faye will receive what's left. Boxes 4, 7, and 10 are left.

Scattered thunderstorms around here today, so I'll be digging and playing with the lightning! Sounds like a great day to me!
I'll be back...
-Dan

o

Holly, I expect to mail your package on Wednesday. I will post the DC when I have it ready.
Alana

o

Sun, Jul 10, 11 at 9:30

Good Morning! Last day of the Sale! Prices are slashed!
Linda-I'm heading home Monday-will mail your box out Tuesday-I'll post C# here!
Grace-did you get my address from the list Dan posted? I'll check back later on this afternoon and will email it to you, if you didn't get it!
Have a great day, All!
Shirley!

o

Shirley, how many days was your garage sale? I usually do mine on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and rest on Sunday. LOL
This year we are going to do it on just Friday and Saturday. Not sure how many people will come living where we do now. We always did well in the city. I have tons of stuff and I don't want to have to haul it away.

Woke up this morning to find someone had driven down the road and smashed our mailbox with a baseball bat. They got the occasional one down out road and the road off of ours. Don't you think they must have had loads of fun doing that? This is why I tell my kids that a curfew of 11:00 to midnight depending on what grade they are in once they are driving is necessary because this is what kids do when they get bored. Ridiculous. They also knocked one of those old cement vases you see outside the older farmhouses. It was sitting on a column by the road and they pushed it off. Mailboxes can be replaced but that vase has most probably sat there for 50 or more years.

Got out early this morning and weeded the vegie garden and the herb garden. Mulched the herb garden as well and it looks great. Too hot now so I am going to take a cap and start pricing again.

Have a good day. Margo

o

Shirley: I bet you're glad it's almost over! I hope lots sold. :)

Margo: wow. That's just... sad, really. Poor vase. And poor you! Do your kids know that that's why they have an early curfew? If not, this might be an excellent way to explain it to them!

Suzanne

o

Actually, I don't think my curfew is really early. It is just not all night like a lot of kids. :) My 17 year old has to be home at 11:30 unless something special is going on, then it is midnight. If he stays overnight, he can't be out running around either. It is tough but he is my fifth and they all have seemed to understand, especially when they hear of others getting into trouble.

Hubby replaced the mailbox. Let's hope they don't return. Margo

o

Margo: Sorry, yes. I didn't mean to add 'early', and am not sure why I did! 11 and 11:30 are not early. :)

Glad that they understand!

Sz

o

Sun, Jul 10, 11 at 20:23

YAY! It's over!! Did a bit of a panic this morning, thought I might have to haul some of the bigger stuff back to Michigan, but it all sold by 3! I took a beating on the books, but at least I didn't have to lug 5 boxes of them back!
Margo-This was the first year they had it for 3 days, somehow I think Thurs., Fri., and Sat. would be better!
I'm very glad it's over, not looking forward to the trip home-didn't I just do this?
Boy, we had some great looking boxes in this swap, good to see everyone is still "chatting!"
Will probably check in tomorrow nite!
Shirley!

o

Yay for Shirley!!! Congrats on putting all that behind you!

I want to thank you all for being so prompt in making all your choices and keeping this swap moving along. Now I'm wondering where our elusive 3some is.

We were supposed to have thunderstorms hereabouts today, but unfortunately they all went south of us. That's just disappointing. I love the sound of thunder and being able to see the lightning light up those dark clouds! This afternoon I got my shovel out and went to work in the yard. The new coneflowers are in their new homes, the Perennial Mound is weeded (that was a lot of work!), and I've got all the plants for my box soaking in the wheelbarrow before getting packaged up tomorrow and heading to their new home.

Tomorrow's big adventure is going to be grilling meatloaf. A friend of mine posted on FB that he did it last weekend, and I got the directions from him. I like finding new things to grill, don't you? Grilled pizza turned out really well, and I'm looking forward to the grilled meatloaf. I'll actually have 3 of them. I usually make a huge one so there are leftovers for sandwiches, but my buddy Paul suggested making small loaves so they cook more evenly. No problem! I'll let you all know how they turn out. As for now, I'm going to go e-mail our no-shows and see if I can roust them out...lol! Everyone have a good night!
Dan

o

Okay, Dan,...you say it's my turn? Right, then,...I choose BOX FOUR: from mamasllamas! Yeah,...Daylilies that aren't orange Ditch Lilies, and wonderful-wonderful more!! I be happy!! :)

o

Good morning everyone,
so i got some "large" flat rate boxes, and they aren't very large.
Now i see why it's "5" plants.
I'm off to find a noise maker today. And hope to ship ASAP.

o

cryptid chose box 4, from Holly
suegardens
nottougly

Sue, you're up, and get to decide not only your fate, but Fayes as well! Boxes 7 and 10 are still available.

o

added more daylilys and then some more :) no orange
delivery conf. # large flat rate
shipped monday july 11
9405 5036 9930 0155 9320 88

o

Hi Everyone, I heard from the June MNF thread that Sue had to have an emergency surgery & is having trouble getting into GW.

Shirley, Yes, I got your addy from Dan, so no worries about that! I have to tell you the heat got the better of me over the weekend, so I'll need another day before I can get your box out. Will post DC asap. Good thing I wasn't in your neighborhood over the weekend. I'm always such a sucker at garage sales, buying niknaks I don't need.

Margo, sorry to hear about your mailbox. Yeah, I never really understood that either. There's so many interesting things you can do with your time, especially in this day & age as a kid / teenager. It's such a shame that they can't come up with something more creative than destroying other people's property. I think the world would also be a different place if we had a little more funding for educational programs so that young people could have more direction for how to use their time.

that's my 2 cents.
grace

o

help!!!!
can we seal the boxes with duct tape?

o

Dan, I went out to dig up your plants this morning and it was kind of like the book, "If you give a mouse a cookie". It kinds of starts a snowball effect. I saw that the choco mint needed pulling back, then the lavender out of control, and so on and so on. All the while I was doing this, I was watering and it was much needed. Then the black clouds started to roll in. I figured it would miss us but wrong. Just as I got the last plant out of the ground for you, (not exaggerating), the rain began and it rained hard for about forty five minutes. Now the weather is predicting a storm front that is on the way containing straighline winds so my hubby and I had to go out and hunker down everything. You should have seen the little songbird getting upset cause I took down his feeder. I can't leave anything up like that or planters on the deck cause they will go flying.

This storm is very intimidating as I write. They are talking about up to 70 mile and hour wind gusts and a semi being blown off the freeway in Indiana. They are even requesting that people pull over on the freeway during the storm.

I am going to sign off and hopefully not get blown away. It is about five minutes from here and the way my windows are placed, I see it coming. We live in the middle of what used to be a soybean field so no wind block.

Dan, as soon as this is over, I will pack up your box and head out to the post office. My daughter and hubby just left to go to the eye doctor so not only do I have to ride this out alone, I am worried about them.

Wish me luck and will be back when it is over. Margo

o
RE: update: july swap: letting freedom ring (part 3!)

Oh, it isn't my day. I decided to lay our glass table on its top so the wind didn't sweep in off the deck and put my finger in wasp nest. Ouch.

Now our Dish network has gone out due to the storm. Something they said would not happen. Now I need to turn on the radio.

I need to check to see what I can do about this stinger. See ya.

o
RE: update: july mnf swang (part 3!) aha

phew,
I can't get these plants into the large flat rate box no matter what i do. so I called the nearest PO ( my town doesn't have a PO) and they said just bring the plants and they'll help me pack them in a bigger box. Score!!! She said it would be cheaper than 2 boxes.
I just have to wait for them to open at 2:30. they're closed for lunch. lol

o
emergency surgery

Oh my goodness! here I am prattling on and on about shipping and I missed that Sue had emergency surgery!
Sending you a (hug) Sue.
that must have been so scary!
Hope you soon will be as good as new.

o

Sue is a great trader, that didn't sound right :) well she sends great boxes,
i had trouble signing on this morning for a few hours the dole salad keeps opening a new screen up on me it's not just a pop up its a whole screen aggghhh,
i'm off to do some shopping too hot to be out and about ,holly

o

Sue is now home from the hospital, and I'm helping her make her box choice while she's unable to get onto the GW.
-Dan

o

Well, survived the storm but will admit I did go to the basement to do some garage sale pricing just on the safe side. Thankfully, my hubby tied the canoe down a little better cause it did blow to the end of its rope. The rain just pelted down and I couldn't see very far. The corn in the field across the street is now at an angle and I am hoping the roots have not come out of the ground.

I did get my plants all packaged up along with a couple goodies and it is on the way. Should land on your door step Wednesday Dan. DC 03103490000110648400. I did have to stop a toddler praying mantis from riding along with the plants.

A couple of my plants were pretty big and I curved them gently to fit in the box. I think you can cut them down if they break. I just wanted to see if I could take the chance and leave the flower on.

Well, gotta go put everything back out that I tucked away for the storm. Margo

o

I'm glad Sue is home from the hospital. Emergency surgery that involves being home this soon is slightly less scary. Still scary, though!

And Margo, I have much sympathy for your poor finger!

Dan: I'm glad you can help Sue!

If it matters to whomever ends up picking my box, I'm likely to include some Asiatic lilies that I had too many of from a local swap. Pink and yellow, although I don't know which is which!

Sz, busy!

o

sinbadsmom,
I send you an email thru the GW so check your spam. I mailed Box #1 and forgot to put in the plant tags.
I'm blaming the heat, that and I'm an old lady. lol Yesterday I turned 29...
for the 19th time.

o

well i think my brain swells in this heat ti's 90 something here with the heat index at 107-110 too hot i'm baked or fried either way it's hot.... stopped on the way home at the gas station to get a fountain drink and free ice if you bring in your own cup they have that nice crushed ice like at sonic the pilot gas station does
so i haul in my 3 big cups and fill them all up with ice, i got the strangest look from the checkout lady but oh well it's my day to be happy with my favorite ice! no rain on my parade not a cloud in sight! holly

o
mystery number

sinbadsmom,
I finally got confirmation! the mystery number is a 3
0309 3220 0002 1595 6919
ETA Wednesday

o

I am sorry to hear about Sue's predicament. Dan, please let her know that I am not concerned about receiving my box of plants until she is mended.
No hurry, no worry.
Alana

o

Evening, Laura, checked my email both inbox and the junk and no message from you! Try again, maybe its just the heat! Kathie

o

Alana, I'll let her know.

Margo, I'm glad to see you made it safely through the storm!

Grace, the dc# for your box is 0311 0240 0001 6284 0109. Some of the plants were a bit tall, so I trimmed them a little and bent them into the box. They're all tough enough to last in my yard, so they should ride okay until they make it to you.

I've left a message with Sue, asking her which box she'd like. If I haven't heard from her by tomorrow night, I'll go to her trading page and attempt to pick out the one which best fits her wants list.

Everyone take care!
-Dan

o

Mon, Jul 11, 11 at 20:57

HOME SWEET HOME!! nuff said!
Margo-I think I got caught in the tail end of your storm-severe T-storms out on I-80. Also a bad wreck on 75, just where 280 ends.
I'm glad Sue is home-hope everything goes well for her.
Linda-I'm going to mail your box out tomorrow-will post here with the D#-didn't I already say that!?
Dan-this swap was a lot of fun, loved chatting with everyone! That was a terrific idea. Thanks so much for hosting-you did a GREAT job!
YAY!!! My own bed!!!!
Shirley!

o

Kathie,
I just resent. it's ok if you don't get it, it wasn't worth reading. lol mostly yammering about the PO's unreadable number and my heatwave educed confusion. Lol, I drive my family crazy.

o

Holly, I know what you mean about the crushed ice. We have a carry out that has two types and I love the good crushed stuff. I can imagine the look when you hauled in your three big cups though.

Dan, this was definitely a good swap and I enjoyed all the chatting. It helped me get to know a lot of members just a little bit more. Thanks so much.

Margo

o

I'm glad to hear sue's out of the hospital. Hope she mends quickly.

Margo, so sorry about your finger! I have a hornet that keeps hanging out on my front steps & it always scares the bejezzus out of me to go past it on my way out.

Shirley all the plants are wrapped up. I just need to find a box that will fit them all. I had to trim the catmint back a bunch, but they are hearty & quick to grow, so give her space when you plant. Also the heat's gotten to the penstemon, so I'm sending crocosmia lucifer & a few other friends instead.

This weather is really doing a number on my plants. Even the banana leaves are singed. Hops vines is looking really ragged. Jasmine is down to
a few sticks. My lettuce is inedible. I can't seem to water enough. The only thing that seems to be doing well are the dahlias. Go figure!

Hope that rain comes our way soon.
Stay cool, y'all. Grace

o

We had rain here so it should make my plant pulling easier...just muggy though. You know, the kind when you walk outside you're drenched without doing anything yet?..ugh.

I had some of those clear winged moths that look like hummingbirds all over my pineapple sage last night before the storm. I had a hummingbird buzzing around too. The whole purpose for my hummingbird/butterfly garden!!

It's funny. I looked and looked for trumpet vine around here. When I cut down a bush in front of my porch..out popped one. I guess the lady who owned my house before me planted one. It has grown up my porch and is covering my railings. Guess I should cut it back in the fall before it covers the house!!

Margo, I;'m glad you survived the wind. Hope you finger feels better.

"making fresh tea and cookie and passing around coffee cake"

o

Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 11:20

OMG!!! Grace! My SIL has a crocosmia lucifer, and when I wasn't pushing books for free at the yard sale, I was trying to figure out how to get one! They are beautiful! Got just the right place for it too!
Off to the post office, health food store, bank and the Lord knows where else!
Shirley!

o

Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 13:39

Okay, scrapped the health food store and the bank-it's too hot to wandering around out there!
Linda-the boxes are out and away! there are two of them-hopefully, the taller plants will make it okay, without being broken-had to pack the taller plants down at the post office-it was a bit of a squeeze-we have the nicest people working at our PO!
DC#s- 03061070000472241960; 0306107000047224059.
All righty then! Lunch, laundry and make out a grocery list-that doesn't necessarily mean I'll actually go for groceries-hate that-but I'll be ready if the mood hits!
Shirley!

o

Oh good! So it worked out better than sending you a crispy penstemon. One of them is already flowering, so I cut back the stem of flowers that is already bloomed. DC# is 9405503699300157757283

Linda, I know exactly what you mean. I stepped out for 5 mins to mail my box & came back drenched, like I had run through a sprinkler. Good thing I didn't wear white today. Woulda been quite a show here at work!! LOL

Holly, that crushed ice is sounding mighty nice right about now.

as linda would say:
'filling up cups of crushed ice & passing them around with wedges of watermelon'
stay cool, folks!

o

Glad to see everyone still talking! That's the whole purpose for the MNF group, to be a place where we can all gather, with a minimum of rules, relax, and get to know one another! (why am I humming the Cheers theme to myself right now???)

Sue is home, her husband is taking care of her and digging plants with her direction, and she's slowly getting better. Like I've always said, it's a better life with medication! She has decided to take box 7, which means box 10 is Fayes! And with that, all the boxes have been chosen! WOO-HOO!!!

Here's how it all went down...
suegardens chose box 7, from Kathie
nottougly gets box 10, from Suzanne

When you get your box(es), please post the contents here online, and go to the rate and review forum to leave a nice note about the person who sent it.

And for now, th, th, tha, that's all folks!

o

Linda, I have wanted a trumpet vine ever since we moved out here. I see them all over the place just growing up on the fences along the freeway. Last fall, I discovered one was growing on the side of the ditch right by my mailbox. It is on the edge of the ditch. My hubby and I are now watching for it to creep as far as our mailbox so we can get it to vine up the post. I would love to transplant it but don't have a fence or a good spot to trellis it. As long as I know I have one somewhere, that is good for me.

My finger is fine. I got the stinger out right away and had minimal pain. I don't seem to react to much to the flying critters. I must contain some kind of nastiness cause the mosquitoes don't care much for me either. This my friends is a good thing. :)

So, does anyone know how I can get hummingbirds to discover we have moved here. I would love to find them in my garden. I do have a feeder but I am wondering if it is best to see one in the garden before I commit to filling and changing a feeder daily. I have all kinds of treats in my garden for them. I did get the goldfinch to discover my feeder for them and get treated to watching them feast every day. They fed on my echinacea last fall so decided to give them a feeder for the summer and will keep it up all winter to keep them around. Just love the show.

It was hot here today but tomorrow is going to be a bit cooler. It is our 32nd wedding anniversary so I have it off from work. Hubby is going to take my to Red Lobster. He has never enjoyed it so haven't been there is 20 plus years. Now isn't that a nice present. Can't wait.

Margo

o

Holly,
I just got your box packed and labeled and ready for the mailman to pick up tomorrow. The DC number is 94550369930158577620.
While I was packing up the box I noticed an odor of cat pee. It's not, cat pee that is. It is the Salvia plant.
Really.

Happy Anniversary, Margo.

Alana

o

So, I went out this evening to get all our cats corralled into the garage and heard a unfamiliar cat meow. Once all the cats were in, my daughter and I started to investigate the strange meow and a small, (would be surprised to hear more than 6 weeks old) tabby kitten came bounding out of the field. I had to chase it around a bit as it ran to and fro. This little guy is so cute and so friendly. I have no idea where it came from since there are very few houses within a half mile of here. I need to find a home for it now as our other 5 cats are not going to take to it at all. It is amazing how irresponsible people are in not getting their cats spayed or neutered. We have lived here four years and adopted one cat, the other four adopted us.

Dan, too bad your package went out yesterday or I could have included this little guy. :)

Wish me luck on getting a good home for this little critter. Margo

o

Hey Margo,...first of all, I'll be sending your box on Friday (would be sooner, but circumstances disallow--rest assured, however, you won't be disappointed! Believe me, I know how to pack a swap box!) Glad as heck your finger sting wasn't as bad as it otherwise might've been. In years past, every summer, I would invariably get stung by a wasp or wasps,...either by seemingly random happenstance, or else because I was making war with lethal spray (beware spraying at night using a flashlight, those suckers will track right back down the light beam straight to you--trust me, I know from painful experience). - As for hummers,...just put up a feeder,...they'll find it! When the Centranthus alba I'm sending you blooms, you'll have plenty of hummers hovering about. As tiny as the individual flowers are, I guess they produce plenty of nectar, because hummers, around here anyway, absolutely love `em! If I can find `em (and I believe I can), I will also send you some Trumpet vine seeds I received in a trade, along with some Trumpet vine starts. Beware, though, that stuff can be really invasive! Plant a 1" start in a far corner of 40-acres, and by the time you get back home it'll be covering your back yard, looking hungrily at your house. - Goldfinches? We have those, too. Kinda rare around here, though, anymore. Pretty things! Mostly, this time of year, we have sparrows, other finches, robins, mourning doves, scrub jays and Northern Flickers. - Definitely not hot here. Hardly summer at all, except by calendar. Cloudy today, with rain and more clouds to come. - Oh geez,...I'm sooooo tired and sleepy I can't begin to tell ya. Gotta, go to bed. This is the way it's been for days,...and I'm not at all really sure why. Maybe it's because I wake up so early (5:00am). Seems kinda likely. Anyway, I'll post more tomorrow. Want to be chatty, really I do,...but,...gotta go to bed. Gotta. - Later, then!

o

Shirley, I'll be watching for my box..have spots already picked out!

Suzanne, I'll be mailing mine out on Friday. We have more rain today so they'll be good to go. I may add some more plants as I come across them. Gotta fill that box!..LOL!

I'm getting my grandbaby overnight today..(YAY) so I don't know how much I'll be on till tomorrow afternoon.

"putting out freshly made blueberry muffins, tea and coffee"

o

I'm grabbing a muffin cause I just realized I have not had breakfast. I've been busy chasing a kitten around the house. My hubby wants to keep it. We have 5 outdoor cats and that is enough for me.

I am excited to get your box but no rush. Please get yourself some energy. I think the heat gets me real quick but not sure what your weather is like right now. I know we have been along the coast of Oregon and just loved it. My kids called Boregon cause they found it boring. Goofballs.

I am going to put a feeder out this afternoon then. Will let you know when I get my first hummer. How exciting. Now I have to go find a wayward kitten. Margo

o

Linda: no worries! I'm very excited to see what else you throw in, though!

I'm going to get mine ready to send out tomorrow; very likely to send some fun extras myself, depending on how dry things are. Everything in my original list should be ok with this dryness, but not sure about other things. On the plus side, it's teasing with small amounts of rain right now, so maybe it'll rain for real!

MMm, muffins. *snags a muffin and some herbal tea*

Cryptid: sadly, putting out a feeder doesn't seem to work for me! I wish it did, but they don't seem to care. On the plus side, I recently got some red cardinal flower which ought to bloom this year. If anything will get them, those should, or so I understand!

So busy! Fun busy, mostly; working with my advisor getting the lab website up and running, and also getting stuff ready to start the data collection portion of my master's thesis.

Still trying to track down inexplicable exertion (or perhaps hyperventilation) -based dizziness and tingling, which means lots of tests. Two MRIs yesterday (nothing there), one tomorrow morning. Bah. I hate things which are inexplicable...

Gonna go set up monthly payments for school, then shower. I do hope it rains and the humidity goes down!

Sz

o

Today I came home to my box from Margo, and what a welcome home that was! When I opened the box (with plenty of help from Bump, Stella was sleeping off a hard afternoon's nap) the first thing I saw tucked in a corner were some coneflower blooms! Now, I think when that happens, you're about to find treasure!
For plants, Margo sent apple mint, crazy daisies, sunset coneflowers, petite delights bee balm, plains coreopsis, sedum, pink threadleaf coreopsis, blue flax, lavender, white rose campion, fanfare blanketflowers, and chocolate mint! Each one came with its own plant marker, and they are all now soaking in water and will be planted when I get home from work tomorrow.
Later tonight I'm going to settle down with Saturdays edition of the Sentinel-Tribune.
I'd show you a picture of the "noise-maker", but Margo sent some deliciously noisy almond biscuits, and yes, they would've been noisy in the garden if they'd made it that far, but they are gone now, and will be sadly missed. Stella ate a few nibbles of one, and I did share with my roommate, but I ate a little over half of them with no guilt whatsoever...lol! Margo, they were great!
Margo also included some post-it notes shaped like a "D", which are way cool!
The other day when we were grocery-shopping, we saw a solar moving daisy on the dash of a car, and thought it was just too cool. And now, thanks to Margo, I have one too! It's on my desk, soaking up the light and "dancing" to the beat of its own drum. I keep chuckling every time I look at it.
And then there were seeds. Plenty of seeds. Fennel, parsley, columbine, blackberry lily, cosmos, 4 o'clocks, basil, and hot papaya seeds. All of which are going to be grown in my garden next summer...yippeeeee!!

Margo, you did a fantastic job packing that box with a lot of things which have, are, and will, put a smile on my face. The last 24 hours or so have been difficult ones, but you have truly turned my frown upside down! I thank you, and so do all of those living with me! (I can be a bit of a bear when I'm in the mood, would you believe it?)

And now I'm off to the rate and review forum to share with the world how great Margo is.

Good night Everyone!
-Dan

o

added more daylilys and then some more :) no orange
delivery conf. # large flat rate
shipped monday july 11
9405 5036 9930 0155 9320 88

Outstanding!! We love Daylilies too,...it just seems like everyone, everywhere around us only has orange "ditch/tiger lilies", even as we do ourselves, all along our front chainlink fence (planted by our home's former owner). While they put on lots of flowers (they're blooming right now),...I mean geez, for one thing, as tall as they get, they never should have been planted across the front in the first place. The ones we get from you will be planted more toward the back, here and there, so our other "height-challenged flowers" can be better appreciated, and 95% or more of the orange lilies will be coming out (we'll plop `em into a "FREE ORANGE DAYLILIES" box, out front :)). - Started out cloudy-n-cool, this morning, but now it's sunny-n-warm. I'm kinda torn over weather preferences, actually. When I was younger I totally loved summer sunshine (though I was never a true sun worshiper--I don't tan, I burn,...it's the Irish in me), whereas anymore, for the most part, I'm more into spring and fall. But,...y'gotta have sunshine and higher temps to properly grow tomatoes and peppers, etc. Neither I nor my wife do very well when temps hit the mid-80's and above.

BTW, your box was the one I wanted from the get-go! :)

o

So,...I got this booklet/catalog thing in the mail, from www.jerrybaker.com trying to get me to buy a big ol' book of gardening hints and tips. Well y'know what? The booklet/catalog thing has a whole buncha tips-n-stuff excerpted from the book, to tease you with, and I decided to share some with y'all. :) Bear in mind, though, I haven't tried any of this stuff personally,...yet:

- -

"Supermarket Super Gardens" - Excerpted Gardening Tips, Tricks and Tonics

To get rid of moles: Use castor oil.

Barbeque forks are perfect for spot aeration, harvesting root crops and mole control.

Colanders make decorative hanging baskets, save lots of work come harvest time, and help you saparate chaff from "black gold."

Flour sifters can't be beat when it comes to applying fertilizer and cleaning compost.

Pots and pans can be mighty handy as garden scoops, butterfly baths, and container gardens.

"Help--my tomatoes are rotting!" - Dear Gardening Friend, When my neighbor Ernie recently called, desperate to cure his prized tomatoes of blossom rot, I had just the answer: TUMS to the rescue! - That's right! What his growing plants needed was some calcium. But plant calcium is hard to find. So I told him to use thre next best thing: 2 crushed up TUMS tablets per plant, whenever he was watering them. Believe it or not, my secret tomato tonic worked like a charm!

Sweet Snack for Spectacular Flowers! - You just can't beat a backyard full of amazing annuals, perky perennials, or beautiful bulbs. So before planting any flowers, mix up 1 cup of sugar, 3 cups of bone meal, and 1 cup of Epsom salts in an old bucket. Then sprinkle a pinch of this sweet snack into the bottom of each hole as you're planting. This will give them something nutritious to munch on as they get up and grow.

Tomato Blight Buster - Use this mix to ward off many common tomato diseases from your newly planted tomato seedlings: 3 cups of compost, 1/2 cup of powdered nonfat milk, 1/2 cup of Epsom salts, 1 tbsp. of baking soda. Sprinkle a handful of the mixture into each planting hole. For additional disease defense, sprinkle a little more powdered milk on top of the soil after planting and repeat every few weeks throughout the growing season.

Freshen Up Your Lawn - If your grass doesn't spring right back up after you step on it, that means just one thing: It needs a drink--NOW! To help the water get straight to the roots, put on your golf shoes or a pair of aerating lawn sandals, and take a stroll across your lawn. Then follow up with this Marvelous Mix: 1 can of beer, 1 cup of baby shampoo, 1/2 cup of ammonia, and 1/2 cup of weak tea in your 20 gallon hose-end sprayer. Apply it to the point of runoff and your grass should bounce back in no time at all!

No-Sweat "Cool" Slaw? - That's right! If it's hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk and you've got to finish mowing the lawn, how can you avoid heat stroke? Do what Babe Ruth used to do on steamy days in the Yankee's dugout: Wear a cabbage leaf under your hat. It'll keep you as cool as a cucumber--well almost!

When you finish all the spice in a jar, don't throw the container away! It'll make a perfect seed dispenser for lettuce, carrot, and other tiny seeds that can drive you crazy when you try to sow them by hand. Spice jars are aslo the right size for storing leftover seeds. To keep seeds fresh as a daisy, put 1 part seed to 1 part powdered milk in the jar, screw the lid on tight, and put it in the refrigerator (not the freezer) until planting time rolls around.

Hot Sauce Banishes the Buggers for Good! - Here's one of the best ways to keep pesky pests away from your garden--treat `em to a little heat! Just mix 1 cup of hot pepper sauce and 2 tablespoons of baby shampoo in 1 quart of water. Pour the solution into a hand-held sprayer bottle, then apply it to any or all of your troubled plants to the point of run-off. It'll keep the unwanted diners from coming back for more.

###

o

Hey Linda, thanks so much for the blueberry muffins, I was starving this morning.
My GD is here too. She finally learned how to crawl, AND said "grand ma" for the very first time!!!
She said it again later when I was changing her diaper. Such a genius,, She must take after me! lol
She also loves our dog, sunshine. Her parents took her to the Bronks' zoo, and she called every animal a dog-dog. I watched her for a few hrs and OMG! she;s so much work! I loved every second of it! But "over night"? No WAY!!
ok beddy bye for me! good night all.
PS Sue, glad you're home and healing :)

o

Dan, I am so glad the box made it in good shape. I hang my head in shame as I forgot to include a little something for the kits. I truly apologize as I had intended to make sure there was something for them in the box.

So, remember that kitten we found last night? Well, we kitty litter trained it and it eats kitty chow. A friend of my daughters is taking it tomorrow. Well, the oldest daughter and her fiance came by to meet the kitten we call Oliver and as they got out of the car, another came running across the field. This one is mostly black with orange throughout including a stripe that runs from just below its forehead to the tip of its nose. They are both so cute and we know there must be more out there because we think someone dumped them. It's crazy!!

Cryptid, thanks for posting those helpful hints. I am going to make use of some of them. Good night all. Margo

o

More "Supermarket Super Gardens" - Excerpted Gardening Tips, Tricks and Tonics

What's on tap to clean your houseplants? - Beer! That's right--if your philodendrons, ficuses, and other houseplants look a bit dingy, wash their leaves with a little beer once a week, and rinse well. The foliage will gleam!

Slap snails and slugs! - To help prevent these thugs from sliming their way up your citrus trees and nibbling the leaves to shreds, mix 1-1/4 cups of petroleum jelly, 1 cup of castor oil, and 3 tablespoons each of cayenne pepper and hot pepper sauce in a bucket, and smear the goo on the trubks of your trees. That'll stop their climbin' and slimin' for good!

Houseplants thrive, even when light is scarce! - Let the sun shine in on your plants, and they'll soar to new heights! But getting them enough natural sunlight can be a real problem. The solution is simple--make an aluminum foil tray, and set your plants on it. The foil reflects the sunlight, capturing more of it so that your house plants can bask in a nice, warm sunny glow!

Don't whistle "Dixie" to stop cutworms short! - Oh, those nasty little cutworms...how they love your tender, young plants! One day, your plants are standing tall...the next, they're cut in two, deader than a doornail! - But it's easy to stop these unwanted intruders. Instead of tossing out used paper cups, make little collars out of them, and place them around your baby plants. They'll provide ironclad protection when your plants need it most.

Get big, bold, beautiful blooms! - Just water your azaleas every week with a solution of 3 tablespoons of white vinegar per gallon of water. Continue this routine until the plants come into bloom; at that time, discontinue the vinegar because it could harm the plant or shorten the life of the flowers.

I've never figured out why pickle juice makes gardenias all but stand up and cheer. So if you grow these gorgeous shrubs--indoors or out--do yourself a favor: Every time you polish of the last pickle in a jar, pour the juice onto the soil at the base of your gardenia plants. They'll return the favor by producing mountains of snowy-white, sweet-smelling blooms.

If gardening in hot, muggy weather lays you flat--or anytime you need a quick pick-me up--treat yourself to this cooling energizer: Mix 1/2 cup of lemon juice, 1/2 cup of lime juice, and 5 or 6 drops of lemon extract in a bowl. If (but only if) you have hard water, add 1/2 cup of baking soda. Pour the solution into tepid bathwater, ease into the tub, and soak for as long as your heart (or your achin' body) desires. When you get out, you'll be ready for action again!

Don't throw out the bathwater! - Solid food is just fine for a routine diet, but most plants like some liquid refreshment,too. So whenever you change the water in your fish tank, or toss a floral arrangement onto the compost pile, don't send the used H2O down the drain; you'll be wasting lots of health-giving nutrients. Ditto for the water you've used to cook eggs, vegetables, or pasta, or to rinse out glasses, bottles, or cans that held any of these refreshing beverages: Beer, Whiskey, Coffee, Pop, Juice, Tea, Wine, Milk.

###

o

Those are great tips! I'll have to use some of 'em! Especially the slug one. Ew!
Dan, I got your box chock full of plants & most of em are in the ground now. I'll post contents this weekend. Sorry - my day job is taking me away from my gardening.
Grace

o

I came back to tell Holly that the DC number I posted was not correct, but when I checked online, the package
had already arrived. 1 day. Even within the same state, that is dang fast. It usually takes 2 days to get one to much closer locations than she is.
As Allie says, "Amazing!"
Alana

o

OK! Faye/nottougly will get two packages,
tracking #0311 0820 0000 1400 1627
and #0311 0820 0000 1400 1474

Whee!

Suzanne

o

recieved my box from poisondartfrog yippee doing the flower dance! holly

o

Shirley's box was sitting on my side porch when I got home (my mailman knows I get plants so he tries to put them in the shade)..it was like Christmas opening it up!! She had in it:
Butterfly Bush ( i have the perfect spot for them where I lost a bush this winter)
Russian Sage (I have been wanting this for sooo long and she gave me two nice chunks)
Red Yarrow (I just love yarrow!)
Johnson's Blue Geranium (never had this before!)
Coral Bells (I think these are soo pretty)
Blackberry lilies (I can't wait to see what these look like when they bloom)
Pearly Everlasting (Good host for butterflies and will go in my butterfly garden with the sneezeweed)
Common Sneezeweed
Jacob's Ladder, (I have to look this one up so see where it needs to grow)
and balloon flower seeds (awesome!
she also sent me butterfly picks for my pots (how appropriate) and a pretty windchime with a hummingbird on it.
She also included her local paper and a nice letter...

It was an awesome enjoyable box Shirley! Thanks so much! ((HUGS))

o

Thu, Jul 14, 11 at 20:14

Hi Everyone!
Linda-Glad you liked the box-forgot to tell you that there are two kinds of Russian Sage-long, goofy story!
I spent the day doing research on, and figuring out where to plant ALL the plants I got from Grace! What a great box! She sent me an Amaryllis Belladona-new to me; an Iris Kochii-will go in the memorial bed I'm planting for my Mom; an Agastache Honeybee White-crossed that one off the Want list!; Catmint-also new to me; a Hakonecloa-have the perfect spot for it!; a Crocosmia Lucifer-YES! YES! YES!; an Agastache Golden Jubilee-Agastaches are just about my favorite perennial-now have enough for just a bed of them!; and last but not least-some June bearing Strawberry plants, which is great, but I have a few questions-the most important being, can I plant these now in a strawberry pot, or should I wait until fall?
She also sent a copy of her newspaper and a set of bamboo wind chimes, and a little "flower" with seeds embedded on it for me to plant!
Grace- I loved the box, thank you very much; enjoyed chatting with you too!
I'm getting some awfully nasty looks from Vinnie and Willie-just set the plant box outside-they were busy investigating it-hmmm, Catmint?
Hey, talk to ya later!
Shirley!
Thanks again, Grace!!

o

ok i'm back after opening my box from poisondartfrog i was busy as a bee getting everything organized to get planted made some markers up for all the daylilys
i'm just so happy with everything
i got a beautiful bizzy bee wind chime i hung it up right away right outside the side door that we use and it's just so pleasant to hear.
ok the plants there was- two to tango , hillbilly heart, wild horses ( i forgot to put this on my want list but here it is in all it's glory) strutters ball, august frost, ok i forgot one or two names (it's late) and an iris abby rd. some saliva and another plant its late remember, and well theres more i just can't remember it all i was overwhelmed with all the daylilys! I've had one great evening planting and then giving everything a good soak , oh my box arrived in one day! get out of here! yes one day, loved my box I was smiling all day and will be tomorrow when i get up to see my new plants.......thanks for all the great plants and the time you took to wrap and name everything it was a great help in getting everything planted. thanks Dan this was great fun you're a great host-er :) have a great evening everyone holly

o

Good morning, good morning, good morning, first let me apologize Laura for not getting on here quicker and letting you know the box arrived. It showed up Wednesday in the middle of downpours so I didn't really get to it. Yesterday of all the days this summer it was the nicest, coolest, breeziest day and I started at 6 yesterday morning and unfortunately took me all day trying to get the payroll done, the monthly payroll taxes done and then my hubby has a hearing at work this morning over a gentleman that bounced a good sized check on us and I was trying to get the paperwork together on that so my hubby would know what he's talking about when they get in to the hearing. So by the time I got done with everything I was so mad as the day was pretty much done!!!
So let me say it was nice to open a box of treats! The plants look wonderful! big clumps all in great shape and I don't think I have any of them. I like the noise maker its going out in the tree this morning between me and my neighbor from hell............he'll so enjoy it!!!!!
Going to try and get my box in the mail tomorrow, trying to get the plants dug today. Kathie

o

Suzanne, I have my plants soaking for my box. I think I may send them out tomorrow so they have a good soak. They were a little drier than I liked. I did add some bonus ones to make the wait worthwhile!

o

Linda: hey, if waiting makes them happier, I'm happy to wait! And I certainly appreciate having them not be dry for the trip!

As for bonuses, I'm in favor! ;)

o

Yeah baby! My box from Holly (mamasllamas) arrived yesterday! Heavy sucker, it was, and we soon discovered why. Here are its contents:

First, a multitude of polychromatic Daylilies (yellow, white, red, purple - no orange ones--Yay!), a Pink Delight Butterfly Bush, light purple Iris rhizomes, purple Coneflower (with English Ivy), Hitecote Lavender, red and yellow Yarrow, and a 4" pot of Japanese Pachysandra Terminalis vine (ground cover with white blooms in the spring).

Then, a lovely ziplock full of assorted goodies: Two "Our Daily Bread" Christian bible study booklets (June, July, August 2011--September, October, November 2011), a "Living Water" booklet featuring the Gospel of John, an enchanting angel windchime, a purple Mr. Pumice "Pumi Bar" (extra coarse--you know, for callouses and the like--instantly latched onto by Elly), "Burt's Bees" naturally nourishing milk & honey body lotion (again, instantly latched onto by Elly), "GiGi" antioxidant reviving eye cream (Elly's), "Biofreeze" pain relieving gel (for arthritis, sore muscles & joints and back pain--now Elly's, as well), a nice, flowery personal journal (for gardening notes, presumably,...or whatever--naturally, Elly snagged this also...LOL!), a digital pedometer, and finally,...a fab 2,000lb. rock, artfully decorated with painted ladybugs (Holly, did you create this??). Aha!! There's the weighty object!! :D

And finally, a newspaper sample, a promotional tourism magazine all about the great state of Kentucky, and a June-July 2011 issue of "ReadyMade" magazine "Instructions for Everyday Life" (loads of DIY, etc.)

Uber thanks for everything, Holly! Haven't gotten much planted out yet, but we plan to be busy in the garden later.

Thanks Dan, for hosting this fun swap! :)

Now,...I'm heading over to the "Rate & Review Exchanges" forum to leave Holly a grand review!

o

That sounds like a great box, including that 2,000 pound rock! Lol, did we make a type there? Or did Holly just send it by 18-wheeler???

o

sinbadsmom, oh good! you got it. lol
My DH tells me if I could be paid for worrying, I'd be a millionaire!
glad you liked your box!

o

Suzanne, the box is packed and ready to go. When I come back from the postoffice, I'll post the DC number. That baby is stuffed!!..LOL!!

o

ok the rock wasn't that........ heavy now was it? :) yes I pick up rocks lots of them out of the fields here and when i get a quiet moment i paint a few up and send them on their way when I ship out a box, why not it's going flat rate so the extra weigh doesn't cost any more, now Dan delivering it with an 18 wheeler:) well probably it did move across the country by a big rig, but the funny thing about that is my hub. when he was driving a truck would stop and yes pick up rocks, but they were quite a bit bigger! LOL talk to everyone later, glad you liked all the daylilys! Holly

o

Suzanne, the DC# is 0311 0240 0001 4057 0325..let me know when it gets there!

o

Eee! Fay's are out for delivery! *glee*

Also, hi! Still have a nasty head cold...

Sz

o

speaking of Faye, has anyone been in contact with her??? I've sent her a couple of e-mails, with no response. I even tried calling her yesterday, but the phone number I got online has been disconnected.

FAYE, WHERE ARE YOU???

o

Holly, my son is a geologist and when he was doing on on the road job checking for erosion on highways, he picked up the coolest rock ever. It is almost rectangle and stands straight up. I love rocks and this is the best one yet. When my daughter came back from a trip to South Carolina, she brought me an nice flat rock about 2 ft by 1 1/2 foot and I just found out my husband put it in my pond waterfall. I asked him to get it out of there cause it is a special rock. Silly man.

Hope all is ok with Faye. I am going to go back to my garage sale pricing. Have a good weekend everyone. Margo

o

Dan: I also sent an email with no reply. I hope she's ok, and that her plants arrived to someone!

Sz

o

dan_the_mailman SENT/RECEIVED
sjc48 SENT/
smitties SENT/
lindaruzicka SENT/RECEIVED
poisondartfrog SENT/
wispfox SENT/
mamasllamas SENT/RECEIVED
auntyara SENT/
celeegra SENT/
sinbadsmom /RECEIVED
cryptid /RECEIVED
suegardens
nottougly /RECEIVED

Here's where we stand at the moment. I'm thinking a lot of boxes are going to be received tomorrow. Please let me know if I've missed anything, okay? Still haven't heard from Faye...

o

I was the beneficiary of one of mama's rocks; pretty ladybugs for the garden.
Great boxes landing all around...this swap has been a nice one.
Alana

o

Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 12:31

Hi Everyone!
Dan- Hope I'm not confusing the issue but Linda got her box from me on Thursday, and I posted on Thursday that I got Grace's box. Some really great plants-two agastaches!, and they were really healthy plants! I've got them all in the ground or potted up awaiting the fall re-organization!
The butterflies are starting to come in! I've seen an Eastern tiger swallowtail, black swallowtails, cabbage whites, and a spring azure- no pics-they move so fast! Did get a pic of the little red admiral, that I'm going to try and post for all the coneflower lovers on this swap-it nectared on that one clump of coneflowers for just about two hours!
Margo-be prepared to slash prices on the last day of your yard sale! I had fun, but had to take a beating on some stuff, just so I wouldn't have to drag it back out here to MI. I know you are having yours at home tho.
I am really going to miss talking to ya all!
Dan, in case I didn't say it before-you did a great job of hosting this swap! Many thanks for a great swap!
Stay cool, folks!
Shirley!

o

Shirley, congrats on all the butterflies! I love looking out to see bees, flutterbies, and birds enjoying my garden, my flower garden, that is. They need to stay out of my veggies and strawberries...lol! Thanks for reading that update I posted this morning. I like doing those so we can all see the progression of the swap, and so I'm not the only eyes tracking everything. It takes a village..., you know?
Here's the updated update...
sjc48 SENT/RECEIVED
smitties SENT/
poisondartfrog SENT/
wispfox SENT/
auntyara SENT/
celeegra SENT/
sinbadsmom /RECEIVED
cryptid /RECEIVED
suegardens
nottougly /RECEIVED

o

Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 16:29

Does anyone else have trouble with Photobucket-it's driving me MAD! So-I have decided to post just one pic-it is the little red admiral on the echinacea from yesterday. He looks a liPhotobucketttle battered! Let's see if it works!
I really dislike Photobucket, and I absolutely hate this Canon camera-damn, I hate it when something doesn't work like it is supposed to!
Shirley!

o

Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 17:00

I apologize for swearing, but Photobucket would try the patience of a saint! Which I have never been.

o

I was wondering if we have a swap host for next month? I think it would be great to do another one that requires chatting like this again. I thought it was great fun and a very friendly atmosphere.

Margo

o

Fay is hosting August. Has anyone heard from her yet?

Here is the schedule for the rest of this year:

August: nottoughly

September: poisondartfrog

October: farmergirl2009 "Autumn's Favorites"

November: suegardens2

December: rosemctier

o

I've been keeping my eye out on this swap. I would like to join in on the August Swap! This one looks so fun.
Do I just watch for a new post for that?

Thanks! Cricket

o

Hi Dan, I got your box last week. Sorry I'm late in posting the contents.

It's been crazy at work. I was designated the organizer for an event we have every year where about 50 Italians & a couple Japanese & Brits descend upon us for 3-4 days. It's wonderful to meet with everyone, but the room scheduling alone was enough to drive me mad. Anyway I got my massage over the weekend so all is good in the world again. :)

I think the box got caught in one of the torrential thunderstorms last week because I found it on my doorstep soaked through. The groundcover rose & spiderwort were in good shape. Very happy to have the rose, since there is a large patch that I wanted to fill in with something steady & rambling. Do you remember what color it is?
The pineapple mint were looking a little drunk, but seem to be settling in. The bunch was so big that I was able to split it with one of my neighbors whose poodle Bobby is my hairy kid Olive's best friend in the whole wide world.
Unfortunately, the mystery plants & lambsears were unrecognizable except something that looked like mugwort so those went into the ground. The daylily tops were also sadly decomposted, but the roots were large & solid, so those also went in & seem to be doing ok in the intense heat we had over the weekend.

Despite the damage, I still got a lot out of the trade, since you really packed 'em in there! Like I said, I had enough to share (& I don't always place nicely & share when it comes to gardening) ;P

Thanks Dan!

o

Hi everyone, Okay Sue, finally got your box in the mail just now. The confirmation # 03092880000019534060. Hope it arrives on time. Kathie

o

Grace, that just sucks that the lambs ear and mysteries didn't make it. If you've still got the roots of the mystery plants, throw them into the ground and I think they'll be back. I'm not sure about the lambs ear though. As for that mint, I'm glad you had enough to share, although next year your neighbor might not be as friendly when he realizes what he got himself into...lol. That stuff grows like mad! If you'd like more of the mystery plants, please let me know and I'll resend.
Dan

o

Linda: your box arrived today! Thank you! Everything is soaking in water right now for planting tomorrow. Lots of purple things!

I totally have a container for mints, so I'll stick the spearmint somewhere like that. I already have one mint in my yard; no more are needed. ;)

The plant ties are adorable and keep making me laugh! Everyone, she gave me a couple plant ties which are froggies! Looong, wrap-around arms & legs. Fabulous!

Ok, plant list: cats & kittens, red hot poker, pink sedum, spearmint, purple bee balm, purple phlox, purple coneflowers, black eyes susan Rebecca, and lamb's ear.

Woo!

Sz

o

No worries dan! Oh I totally forgot to mention the million & one seeds you sent! Very cool.
They'll be good to replenish my wintersow stash (it's still July & already I'm planning the winter! It's a disease!)

And whatever is left will go into the box for the Birthday Club Round Robin we're reviving!
Come check it out & sign up.
xoxo grace

o

oh good! I'm glad everything arrived safely..did the windchime make it okay? I was a bit concerned about that. As you can see, I plant alot of purple...LOL!!!

o

Linda: the windchime was fine! One of the links decided to let go, but once I find my pliers, it'll be as good as new. :)

o

nottougly replied to my email.

She was in bed with double pneumonia since July 4th. Yikes.

I'm glad that she's at least functional enough to reply to email today...

Suzanne

o

2011 has not been kind to Fay. I hope she is feeling much better, now.

o

First of all, before I get into anything else,...Margo, I mailed your box early yesterday afternoon. Here is the DC# 0311 0820 0001 3100 9667. I may be the last person here to get their box sent off, but at least I made the required deadline! - I have some seeds for you, too, which will be sent under seperate cover since I forgot to put them in the box. Meant to send everything Saturday afternoon, but my wife, Elly, was suddenly afflicted with extreme dizziness Friday morning,...persistently bad enough that she had to go see our doctor. After an examination she was basically told some small thing likely came loose in one of her ear canals and was floating around causing the problem. The good news is, while yet at the doctor's office, Elly's dizziness quickly abated. Finally, a blood draw was also taken which, it turned out, showed her to be anemic, so now she's taking "Iron Gluconate (324 mg)" and "Vitamin C (500 mg)", daily. Then, since Saturday was my birthday, Elly's brother, Robert, came up from Eureka, California, and we all went out to dinner, afterward gathering at Elly's Mom's place for a lengthy visit. So,...yesterday morning, while Elly was in town taking care of some business, I put your box together and when Elly got back we went to the post office and finally, FINALLY mailed that puppy! - Was gonna post this yesterday evening, but seemingly from outta nowhere a HUGE thunderstorm stomped over the top of us and I did the same thing I always do during thunderstorms,...I quickly shut down the computer and disconnect it from external power. I also disconnect the modem. Stupid storm persisted for quite a while, so I just gave up and went to bed. - Anyway, profuse apologies Margo and everyone. I can only hope you find the box contents basically worth waiting for,...I assure you that sucker's packed tight!

o

Just received this e-mail from Faye...

Hi Dan,
I have not been posting because I have been in bed with double pneumonia since July - 4th.
Today is the first day I have felt like myself. The doc wants me to stay in bed until I see him again on Friday July-22.
I have not been able to get my box out and it looks like it will me Monday before I can. I am hoping to get it out on Saturday but...
I am sorry I am late. My luck has gone from bad to worse since I got laid off in 2009. I think the tornadoes that hit was the worse but staying in bed inside a camper is not very good either.
Anyway I will send an email to auntyara about her box being mailed late. I have received my box from wispfox. I emailed her a thank you but I have not posted on the forum yet but I will.
Have a great day,
Faye!
nottougly

o

Oh Faye I cannot believe everything you've been through.

I forgot one more thing - the windchime that's hanging in my window from my box from Dan! I really need to post immediately. My mind is Swiss cheese. The chime is red w/ a spiral in a spiral. Almost orbital. A very nice addition to what my partner calls "the squirrel channel 3" - aka our back windows that face the squirrelly trees. Thanks a lot!

By the way has Thundercats started yet?

o

Faye,
Don't worry about my box!!! Just get better!
I'm just so glad you're gonna be ok.
When you're better.. you can make it up to me. ;) LOL

o

Faye,...Elly & I pray you feel better real soon! So so sorry you've been having such a dang ol' un-fun time. :( Last time I had pneumonia was many many moons ago, but I still remember all too well how it knocked me off my feet and sent me to the hospital.

Photobucket

o

Cryptid, no worry on that box. I am sorry poor Elly had to suffer with dizziness. It is no fun. I woke up one night with the room spinning and it was horrible. If anyone here has never had it, think of how it feels when you continually turn in circles and stop. That spinning feeling with vertigo will not stop. Even your eyes go back and forth. I went to the doctor and they gave me meds but it was a few hours before it subsided after taking the pills. That was an infliction that I never want again. I am glad Elly is over it.

I informed my husband that there will probably be a boxed delivered and to bring it into the cool house. I would let him open it and get the plants in water but that would ruin my fun of opening it myself. I get home shortly after mail delivery anyway.

Thanks for letting me know and I will post as soon as I can after I get home from work.

Margo

o

Tue, Jul 19, 11 at 22:54

Faye-I hope you are feeling a little bit better by now-sending good thoughts and prayers your way!
Has anyone heard from Sue-hope she is feeling better too!
Shirley!

o
thundercats will return!

The Thundercats premiere will be Friday, July 29th.

o

Dear Margo,
Please tell your owners the package they sent to me and Bump arrived today. The mice are a lot of fun to play with, and the catmint tastes great! Bump would be helping me thank you right now, but he's busy chewing on one of the mice. He's so funny for an old-timer...lol!!!
Stella

o

My box arrived today. Hubby took it down the basement until I got home and things were nice and cool when I opened it. Darrin packed his box FULL. I couldn't believe how much he was able to put into that box. Amazing!!

Keep in mind he went with a patriotic theme beginning with a nice note that included a poem he wrote. Job well done too.

centranthus alba
Iris (All night long?)
rain lilies
ranunculus
anemone
orange trumpet vine, (I have always wanted one of these and although I discovered one along the side of the ditch this year, I want one by the house.)
Gladiolas, red and yellow
Horseradish, can't wait to read up on this and get it growing.

Along with the plants was
Bag of tootsie rolls
Hand sanitizer
Strawberry marshmallow cream lip balm
2 notepads with flowers on the front
notepad with a bluebird on the front, (I use a lot of notepads)
2 packages of Jobes fertilizer spikes, one for flowers and one for vegies
Patriotic cushie for my cans
two small keychain flashlights, handy!!
Seed baggies
Lady bug magnets
a two pack of lipbalm
Blue dolphin windchime
Pocket phillips screwdriver, (keeping this away from hubby)
Squirrel pot hugger, cute
Plant markers
AND a crocheted patriotic butterfly pin, (I am sure this is another one of Elly's creations. Be sure to tell her thanks for me Darrin)

Thanks for the wonderful, wonderful box. I am going to keep it all wet and get it in the ground on the weekend. The temperature is supposed to reach 102 tomorrow so there is no way I am planting these lovely things now just for them to cook out there.

Dan, I had one of the best times in this swap. Thanks again for hosting it. You did a super job.

Margo

o

Oops, forgot to mention the Japanese Maple tree seedlings that were also in the box. I couldn't find a label on them when I was going through listing everything and had every intention of checking the list above that I chose from and totally forgot. I am really excited to get these little guys. We had planted some red japanese maples and one is not doing well. I love that these trees stay smaller and really add to the landscaping.

I just can't believe how much fun was packed in one box. Thanks again.

o

Again I forgot something. Included in the box was a local newspaper and I discovered Darrin lives in a city that we actually stayed in for the night when we were on vacation 5 years ago. We took an Amtrak train to Seattle and traveled down to San Francisco. This paper put or family on a walk down memory lane. How cool.

Speaking of cool. It is NOT cool here. We had a record breaking temperature of 102. That was actually recorded in Toledo which is 20 miles north of here. I saw 104 on my car. Ick and stick. I hate it.

Hope you are all cool but since the news has said this is pretty much spread across the country, chances are you are all hot.

o

Fri, Jul 22, 11 at 11:24

Yeah, Margo, I think everybody is getting hit with the heat. It was officially 100 here yesterday, more like 102. We are about 15 miles north of Toledo, All my plants in the ground are doing well, the pots are suffering a little-having to water every night.
The best thing to happen this week? My Coral Nymph Salvia is blooming! And it is beautiful!! More pink than coral, but I am really pleased anyway!! Will be collecting seeds from it for sure!
Stay cool!
Shirley!

o

Hello Everyone!
Has anyone heard from Sue lately?

Going into the weekend, here's where we stand as far as sending and receiving goes...

sjc48 SENT/RECEIVED
smitties SENT/RECEIVED
wispfox SENT/RECEIVED
celeegra SENT/ RECEIVED
sinbadsmom SENT/RECEIVED
cryptid SENT/RECEIVED
nottougly /RECEIVED
poisondartfrog SENT/
auntyara SENT/
suegardens

Please correct me if you see any mistakes.

In the meantime, stay cool, and stay hydrated!

Dan

o

We're almost at the end of another thread. This one whizzed by pretty fast.
I made blackberry jam and jelly today. It is too hot to heat up the place again making biscuits, but this fall I will appreciate sacrificing a day at home over the stove.
It looks like Sunday and Monday may bring a little relief to many of us. In the meantime, be careful out there!
Alana

o

YIKES!!! You're right! We need a new thread, so I'll post it after writing this.

PLEASE GO TO PART 4...PLEASE GO TO PART 4...PLEASE GO TO PART 4...PLEASE GO TO PART 4...PLEASE GO TO PART 4...

o

Hello,
I did receive my box from auntyara the other day.
She sent a hummingbird feeder, a santa clause candle hilder, a chrismas star and some bells.
She also sent M & m's Yummy
Lamium, White Nancy, Lamium, Golden Anniversary,
Ice Plant Hot Pink, My favorite color, Gerenanium,
Yarrow, Moonshine, & a Purple Hollyhock.
Thank you so very much for all of those. They are just
great.
Thanks for everything,
Faye!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here