Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

mnf schedule of swaps

dan_the_mailman
15 years ago

Just thought I'd post the schedule for the upcoming swaps so we'd all know what was coming up...

August - Garden Junk - April/dirt

September - "Flowers Feathers and Fun" - Linda/Lindaruzicka

October - "Happy Halloween" - Dan/the mailman & Trina/Pixie

November - Michele/Medontdo

December- "Chocolate Swap" Wendy/Sassybutterfly

January - "Waiting for Spring" Linda/Lindaruzicka

February - Diene

Comments (107)

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Just wanted to bump this back to the top so everyone can see it :)

Kathy

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

---BUMP---

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I just wanted to say that I have read almost all of your folks post an ya'll crack me up!!! I am usually sitting here with a silly grin on my face reading these post, no-one here gets it either. Gosh, it would be nice to acutally LIVE with someone that has the same humor as I do, and plant humor well, what can you say? It is funny!
    Medo, I'm right there with you on taking life too seriously, I used to stress over much stuff too, then I realized what the heck for? I can't change a dang thang, esp. if someone else is the one that is causing me a problem, or whatever, so I just smile like I care and then forget about it once their gone! (Most of the time, unless it is my kids who still drive me crazy even though my baby will be 19 in Aug. :( KIDS!).
    I've had a hard life, so now I just don't care! So I laugh, grin, or smile about most things, and most ppl just does NOT get my humor, oh well, if they'd had the life I have, they would.
    C'est la vie (french for that's life or oh well! That's life. Pronounced Say La Vee). Yes, I had visions of going to France when I was a dreamer (kid) and I took French instead of Spanish which we all now know is what I should have taken...WHO KNEW?
    I think I swayed there, point was, I think you ppl are all nuts living in the same tree as me ;)!!!! LOL...
    :) NCgardengirl/Fran

• medontdo
    15 years ago

OMGoodness Fran!! LOL i do that all the time (sway) crackin up here!! LOL oh ya, tabor just learned that life seems greener on the other side, and it isn't, LOL and if he was there he'd be working his bunns off, hmmmm.... i aint such a mean mommy after all. and....we.lll... life is great!! tomarow we go to church and hopefully hubs goe's with us!! its gonna be in the 98's til tues. but the hum. is gonna be really hi so it'll be like 100 and some. what is the deal??
    ok so last night i kept waking up all night an morning and everytime i kept going back to the same dream, we were having a flood, but not like all scary it raining and all, it just having water everywhere. it was really wierd. so i was praying cuz i hate being in water that i can't see the bottom. freaks me out!! to many scary movies and such!! LOL i haven't been watching movies about floods, reading about floods, or seeing it on the news, so i don't know the deal other than ya know. so i was like oh no!! at least we have a small boat!! and it has no holes!! LOL
    anddddd!! the butterfly garden, its sooo wierd, the butterflies are even in there on the dirt only!! but its awesome!! LOL
    did i tell ya we emptied all my ws stuf out that nothing so far showed up?? into there so it looks nice, and if they do show up it'll look REALLY nice!! LOL
    andddd i told talla i went to sleepfairies.com and it said that if you pick the flowers it makes the fairies sad, and they won't sleep, so you have to make a special flower bed just for you to pick the flowers, so now we're gonna make a flower bed just for her to pick flowers in. so i can send seeds to bakemom!! LOL and i'll have some to trade with if i want to later. LOL
    Many hugs ~Medo

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Medo, I am the same way about water, if I can't see my feet I don't want to be in it! I am not weird over water or anything, I just want to be able to SEE what is in that water!!! Too many movies here too? Ummmm...maybe, maybe NOT, maybe, just MAYBE those "movies" are actually BASED on some kind of weird unknown to all of us facts. I mean, look at that new fish that has been around here for awhile, the one from over seas, that has teeth and can live out of water for quite some time....MAYBE it likes ppl's TOES or something, I don't know, I just don't want to find out either! So, I want to SEE my feet, although we do go to Broad River Greenway in Boiling Springs, NC and play in the river....I WEAR SHOES!!! But I can see my feet!
    I've had wild dreams about Tornados and floods too. They have been REALLY REALLY weird, happening in places that I could no longer be b/c my grandmother's home isn't in the family anymore and that is where a lot of them have been placed.
    You would just have to hear about them, but trust, they were weird, even for me!!! And I have never seen a tornada so where they heck do these dreams come from??? Not that this area hasn't had a few, just not where I have been.
    I don't know, I must be getting giddy from lack of sleep, or maybe one of you tricksters slipped something in my water? Yeap, from what I have seen on these threads that is very likely....hehehe...
    Night ya'll,
    :) Fran

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fran,
    Linda's been putting Bailey's in all of our drinks lately, so don't feel alone. Would you like me to mix you up a margarita?
    lol!

-Dan

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

hey, it's good for what ails you.."thumping chest"..."G"

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Well why didn't someone say there were margaritas? Fran I think they have been holding out on us!

I'll have a double please in a tall glass with plenty of ice.

Frances

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hi Frances (waving lol). Ya'll know what? I have NEVER had a margarita...the only thing I have ever had was a fuzzy navel, and I mean the DRINK, not really FUZZ in MY naval!, although I did a lot of times when I was a kid....LOL!!! :)!
    Never had Bailey's either, I tried Kahlua I am told I wouldn't like margaritas, hummm, I don't know why.
    I like virgin pina coladas too...ummm,,,gosh THANKS YA'LL NOW I WANT ONE! LOL,,,that would be good this fine hot day...maybe I will just go make a strawberry smoothie, that's just as good, LINDA HOLD THE BAILEY'S I want this just for the coldness of it....hehe.
    :) Fran

• medontdo
    15 years ago

fuzzy navels are just awesome!! LOL and i love the purple passion! hmmmmm.....come to think of it, i LOVE any fruity drink!! LOL if its fruity i'm there, hmmmmm.....wonder why?? LOL

know what ya mean about them fish!! we used to watch the animal planet and stuff like that about these animals that are seen like once in a great while, "new" finds and such, and here they been around for centuries and such!! totally freaky!! LOL ~Medo

• chrizty
    15 years ago

bumping up as im checking out Septembers swap:)

• chrizty
    15 years ago

ive been wondering about the winter swaps, what do you send? i know my ground will be ice n snow.

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

That's a good question Chrizty...maybe we could swap snowballs...."L"

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

I would love some snow around Christmas ;) but you can keep the rest of it!

the Fall/Winter swaps are may faves! The hostesses made them a lot of fun last year! With Fall/Thanksgiving, Fall bulbs, Christmas cards and decorations, Halloween seeds, Valentine wishes. Spring seeds and Bulbs. As much as I love plants I think I enjoyed some of those swaps the best, I am stocking up on stuff for these now!

Frances

• chrizty
    15 years ago

lol heres your swap linda! hee hee

thanks frances!! winter swaps sound like fun!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

"wiping snow off face"..okay Chrizty..I owe you one!!

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Wanted to bump this up so we'd all know what to look forward to! Perhaps start stockpiling goodies for future partners!

Kathy

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good idea Kathy!
    I'm just wondering how spooky we're gonna make the October swap. I'm thinking it's gonna be a spooktacular! hehehehehe

Seek Codes

MySpace Graphics

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

bumpty, boo, bumpty, bump, boo boo!!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

October - "Happy Halloween" - Dan/the mailman & Trina/Pixie

November - Michele/Medontdo

February - Diene

March - "March Madness" Vic/vic_zn5

OK, who's up for April?????

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

I'm becoming a stock-piling addict!!! :D

~Wendy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

yeah, my husband just keeps shaking his head at my craft room..one corner is piled with gardening stuff..."L"

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hey, would someone be willing to help Pixie with next months swap? between dealing with painting the house and getting Paula moved in, and a few other things, I'm not going to be able to participate in or host next month.

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hey Dan & Pixie, I could help for Oct. I've never hosted a swap b4 and I did offer to host the PP's Oct. swap, but I'm sure I could find time to help you out Pix, I know you are starting school and are going to be busy, just email me and lmk.
    Vic

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks Vic, I appreciate it
    -Dan

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

hey kids, I am talking to Trina and she would love to have Vic help out with October. One hitch... her internet is still down from the hurricane so she can't get online. There is no estimate when service will be restored so she is a little up in the air right now:o(

She's joking with me because she has to call Ohio to find out what is going on in Texas. Her internet and tv cable are hooked up to a local satellite service and that is completely down for her area.

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Hi all,

Thanks Tracy, thought I'd post real quick while I had access on this laptop.

Vic I haven't been able to get on my email but hopefully will have service bqack soon. Thank you for offering to help and I would very much appreciate it. At this time I don't know when we will have internet service back so IF there is anyone else that can help out with the OCT swap it would be much appreciated.

Smikles,
    Pixie

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Now that I've mailed Lisa's box for Sept., I can start working on October! (rubbing hands together & smiling mischievously)

Joan

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Wondering what was coming up for November? Thought I'd bump up and see if we can find out. What can I say, I'm a planner! :)

Joan

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

Medont~~~ What's the theme for Nov?

Later.....April/dirt

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

I'm hosting next months swap due to tabor's cycle accident. I'm trying to think of ideas for the theme. Here's what I've come up with so far. "Hurry up and wait". Seems like everyone's been pretty focused on buying/planting bulbs for the spring. I feel like I need to "hurry up" and buy the bulbs I want before they are gone. We can also tie in wintersowing for those who are already doing it and those who want to try it. It doesn't have to be required if some of you aren't interested in that aspect. You can just focus on bulbs and seeds. Sound good? Thanks, Nik

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Sounds great to me, Nikki! You'll be able to post details soon since we're down to two boxes left to be received :) I'm looking forward to details so I'll know what to start planning!

Kathy

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Thought I'd update the list and make sure everyone knows what's coming up! :) And I'm gonna take the April swap. Working on ideas, but I'll have plenty of time!

November - Nikki/nikkineel

February - Diene

April- Kathy/jaleeisa

Kathy

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Nikki,
    Can't wait to hear the details! Hurry up last 2 boxes!

Joan

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thought I'd "bump" this up to the top of the list -Dan

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

"bump"

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Okay, I am not a member of MNF but would sure like to participate in the Chocolate Swap in December. What do I need to do in order to join in?
    Jeanne

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

LOL, just join in. Once the swap posts, just post that you'd like to join. There's no membership requirements in MNF beyond that you'll stay in touch and will send your package out and post what you've received so we can all ohhh and aaahh and be envious! :) The requirements for the swap will be posted at the beginning of the sign up thread and you'll have more info on what's expected in the box then.

For now, you're more than welcome to drop in on the current swap thread and start getting to know new Garden Friends! And welcome, Jeanne! I'm so glad you're joining even though I'm not going to join December's swap due to being too busy between work and home during the holidays. I look forward to getting to know you better!

Kathy

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

hey I didn't realize you had them all lined up like that. Great idea. Having fun with the swap now thanks for letting all us newbies join in. I will definately be joining the next couple ones.

Tammy

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Bumping this up again and re-listing the latest list..

February - Diene

April- "April's Fools!" Kathy/jaleeisa

Anyone interested in taking May?

Kathy

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We'll take on the May swap!

February - Diene

May - "Mayday, Mayday!" Dan and Paula/ dan_the_mailman

We've got some ideas for this percolating and will reveal them at the appropriate time. hehehe

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

give me a couple more swaps and I'll jump in for June or July or August or or or or

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Ooh, Oooh! I'll take June, please! :O)

February - Diene

May - "Mayday, Mayday!" Dan and Paula/ dan_the_mailman

June - "June Bugs" Melissa/hazelnutbunny

I can't wait to get started on the chocolate swap....I've been waiting for that for MONTHS!!! :O)

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Bumping this back up. Has anyone heard anything from Wendy? I'm hoping things are alright. Last I heard, her son wasn't doing well again and they were in the midst of the move. Should Dan go ahead and get the December swap together? I remember him saying that if Wendy wasn't able to, he'd be happy to host it.

Kathy

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I haven't heard from Wendy in quite some time. I usually get an email from her now and then...but nothing lately.
    I really hope everything is OK with her & her family. She's been in my thoughts a lot.

I think it would be fine if Dan went ahead and hosted, if he wants to. I am sure that Wendy would appreciate the help...and if she finds that she wants to & has time to jump in, I know he wouldn't mind having a twosome. :O)

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and post the December swap. If Wendy wants to co-host, she'll be more than welcome to do so.

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

it's posted

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

*waves.. I posted a comment on the new Chocolate swap thread as to my whereabouts!

Hugs everyone,
    Wendy

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

just bumping it up so everyone can be getting prepared for january...

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Bumping so everyone can find it :)

Kathy