Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micyrey

NEW: Cracked Pot Gardeners: A new Begining

Michelle Reynolds
15 years ago

Hello

Times have been hard and money is tight so we would like to post a few changes to our group.

Galium, and Micyrey(my self) would like to open sign-ups for our monthly trade group. this group(Cracked Pot Gardeners) is for swapping plants, bulbs, and seeds. we don't want to swap many gifts and some people might not want to receive "gifts" at all just plants, seeds, and bulbs. we also will have a chat room where we can get together and have little "parties". we are not looking for people to send large heavy boxes, just a few plants, or seeds, or bulbs/tubers, shipping is expencive so we just want to keep it simple make some new friends and share some plants. everyone interested will have to fallow a few rules.

rules

1. send good healthy plants, and seeds that are no more than 2 years old

2. ship priority, when shipping plants

3. ship by the set date for each month (unless you notify us of late shipping) we will not be e-mailing people reminding them to ship, if you do not ship by the given dead line and have not notified anyone that you would be late you will be asked to leave the group.

5. put info on GW trade page titled FOR SWAPERS to help players to pick plants for you, and note if you will like gifts other than plants, or just plants, or just seeds

6. post when you have sent your box with DC# , and post when you get your box

7. all disputes will be decided by the Hostess(galium, and Micyrey)

8. use delivery confirmation always

9. we will no longer be requiring everyone to send every month our 1st month for swapping will be august but if you would like to be in for sept let us know, I need to know by the 20th of each month if you will be swaping for the next month(this month dose not count) so we can set up partners.

1. partners will be getting their addresses from each other. if partners are having trouble getting in touch please let us know.

partners will be posted at the begining of each month

please post here if you are interested.

thanks and have a great day

micyrey, Galium and the Cracked Pot Gardeners

Comments (24)

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Micrey and Galium -
    With the change in the rules, I would love to stay in those group! Great people. It was the summer weather that steered me away from the required monthly swap, but there are plenty of times in the year when I am happy to dig plants and share and plant new things - although I sure will be checking over lists for "drought tolerant."
    Anyway, we got rain twice today. What a shock. Of course there is a big smile on my face.
    I won't join in for the August Swap but will be back once the weather gets more tolerable.
    Jeanne

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I think I might like to be part of a group thing too, I like Jeanne couldn't have been required to do it every month because sometimes the budget just would not allow that, but if I can choose to or not to participate that would great.
    I am already committed to a few other swap for the month of August so might would have sit it out. But I would like to be allowed to join for the up coming months ahead.

Thanks,
    :) Fran

• galium
    15 years ago

Jeanne-I'm so glad that you changed your mind. I was not happy with the prospect of loosing you.

Fran-Welcome to Cracked Pot Gardner's. When you have a minute please email me your address and birthdate. Looks like we may be partners on Petal Pushers. Looking forward to it!!

Michelle-Great job!
    Mariann

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Hi all! I think this is a fantastic idea. Thanks for changing things up a bit.

I'm so glad you will be staying with us Jeanne, it just broke my heart to see you go because of the drought. Congratulations on the rain! Hopefully there will be more to come.

Hey Fran, you will love trading with this group. A very nice bunch of people with wonderful gardens, and amazing gardening tips. Welcome!

Tracy

• esiuol
    15 years ago

I wanna stay!! This is a fun group!!

Louise

• ibartoo
    15 years ago

I wanna to stay too, I just need to be able to feel my hands and feet again. As soon as I get back to normal, I'll be back. Linda

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

I really love the changes! It's nice to know you don't have to send every month. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with everything, and other months, I'm more than ready to share!

Hugs,
    Deb

• hmle2217
    15 years ago

I would love to stay in. I enjoy all the swapping and friends!

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

I'm happy with the changes also! I will still be able to trade plants in August and September, if there is anyone else willing to!

Karen

• thelwig55
    15 years ago

I Like the changes also, I am in for Aug.,Tammy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Good Morning everyone,

I'm intereseted!! I've been lurking in this group for a while.

The month of August I'll be away for two weeks so it wouldn't be a good time but do count me in for September.

I don't have fabulous gardens YET but I'm happy to share what I have and buy a few extras to send my partner when the plants are available.

Tracy, I didn't forget you!!! I'm babying the plant until I get my butt in gear.

I had a meltdown with my oldest and have been a little preoccupied this past week, the fact that it's been raining for days doesn't help. I hate to even go out in it, I fear I'll melt and all that will be left of me is my broom. lol

Lisa :o)

• galium
    15 years ago

Lisa-Welcome to Cracked Pot Gardner's. It's wonderful to have you in our group. When you have time please send me your address and birth date. I hear you about the rain. Wish I could send some to those that aren't getting any.

The premise about CPG is to increase the number of plants we have. I'm sure, after time with us, that you'll have gardens that are overflowing!
    Mariann

• wynative
    15 years ago

Mariann,
    Count me in, of course :0

Lisa,
    ~I had a meltdown with my oldest~

I hear ya! My daughter is 13, starting high school this year(EEEKKKK) and the past weekend was crazy! A couple other Moms that I talk to are having the same experience. We have decided that it is time for school to start - 3 more weeks of insanity. I have to keep reminding myself how happy and excited I was when I brought her home as a baby - LOL Instead of counting to 10 now, I chant "Get a grip, you can do this, just 4 more years, just 4 more years" ....

Marie

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

I am very happy to see these changes! I originally joined this group because it was about the garden/plants/etc. Unfortunately sending every month just isn't practical for me (weather/personal/family) so I had to leave.

I would be interested in rejoining the group in the fall if I would still be welcome.

Frances

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

I am in for August! Should have mentioned that earlier, woops.

Lisa! Hello darlin'! I'm happy that you are joining us! Stop worrying about the plant silly. I am still waiting to get the sedums to send too. No big! lol! Sorry to hear the child is making you crazy. Teenagers, there isn't a cure, just a slow recovery period. I hope the rain moves south.

Frances, I am so happy you're back! Doing a dance!

Linda, I am glad you're sticking around too. That is great news. I'm glad you've had some improvements. Keep resting!

Tracy

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Count me in for August!

Lisa,
    I'm happy your joining us!

I'm so happy with the changes (that we don't have to join every month). So many swaps have tons of rules, I'm so glad we make it simple!

Hugs,
    Deb

• galium
    15 years ago

Frances-I had hoped you would see this thread and change your mind. You'll always be welcome with us.

Marie & Lisa-I remember those summers well. There were times when I couldn't wait for school to start.

Michelle is going to post partners around August 1st.
    Mariann

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Mariann and Michelle, Thank ya'll soo much for the changes, I would love to stay in this group and was sad that I was going to have to leave because of this crummy weather! I won't be able to participate in August though. We did get some rain on Thursday from "Dolly" but not soon enough nor near enough to save or maintain my veggie garden.

Welcome back Frances!!!

Welcome also Fran, this is a wonderful group of WONDERFUL and very smart Gardeners happy to meet you!

Welcome Lisa glad your joining us!! I am like Ducky and hope the rain moves SOUTH also (like to my house!!!! and I'll share it with Jeanne too!!!) NEVER again will I complain about the rain (fingers crossed here lol)!! Lisa I have meltdowns with Alan, who turns 20 on Weds, pretty much every other day, I would say it gets better but I honestly think that the meltdowns just get more gooyier (SP) lol.

Linda you take care of yourself sweetie and know your in our thoughts and prayers!

Well going to go do something constructive or maybe just go get in the pool lol. Kimmie (a friend) and I are having a Birthday party tomorrow evening for Alan and Michael (her son and one of Alan's best friends), born 6 days apart lol.

Lisa, sending you an email girlie girl.

Smiles all.

Pixie

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Oh Hello Pixie!
    Good to see you again! We are suffering with drought AGAIN (or is that STILL) in the south east! I am sorry to hear that you are having it too! Two years I have been gardening in the Carolinas, two years of drought!

I also will not be swapping till September. (Hopefully something will still be alive in my yard by then)Hand watering is getting OLD FAST, Actually the only thing that is keeping things alive right now is the cooler temperatures (mid 90s) we are enjoying because of the cloud cover.... (grumble grumble someone nearby is getting all my rain all I get is thunder and lightning)

Glad to be back all my 'Cracked' friends!

I hope you are all having a great weekend

Frances

• metull
    15 years ago

I would like to join. I can do the August swap.

I love hearing all the "teenager" stories, it reminds me to cherish what I have right now. My oldest son is in 3rd grade this year, my other son starts kindergarten, and I also have a 2yo little girl who loves to play in the dirt with me. I'm cherishing it all right now because in a few years Im sure it will all change.

Melanie

• thelwig55
    15 years ago

Marie your box went out today.
    Lisa, We had two meltdowns with my 17 year old, she wants a moving van for her 18th birthday, at this rate is may get one, LOL. I need a GPS on this kid!!!
    Tammy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Good morning ladies,

I wasn't going to continue with my saga BUT everyone seems to be in the same boat with their children.

My twenty y/o daughter did get herself a moving van at eighteen. She had a severe case of what I refer to as eighteenitis.

She's twenty now and going to college to become a lawyer, problem is she has ruined her credit. She has no car or health insurance which is illegal in MA. She has overdrawn her bank account and the banks nasty messages come to my house. She got a scholarship for free tuition but never turned it in, I guess she was too busy being eighteen and all. I was paying her $2500 a year insurance bill until March when I decided, I'm not paying her rent anymore! I have free room and board here, school is twenty minutes from our home.

It only makes matters worse when she calls me 3 days a week to pick her up and drive her to work at 8am and then to the second job at 5. I work too and this interferes with my job at times.

She says that she'll move home if her boyfriend can sleep over. I told her he could sleep over on occasion BUT he would sleep downstairs and she would sleep upstairs. Well, you would have thought that I killed someone.

She signed a new lease the next day!!

I'm at my witts end with this kid, I'm not sure who's right and who's wrong anymore!

Okay, I'm done. Any input ladies? am I just old fashioned or what? I would love to hear what some of you other moms out there think.

• beth_b_kodiak
    15 years ago

Of course you are old fashioned but you are a MOM and old fashioned is part of the job description.
    I used to think it was in the genes too. You know it comes into your blood when you get a birth certificate for your first child....?
    Well maybe they have stopped passing out that part of the package because I see so many parents who are trying to be their kids buddy rather than their parent. There used to be a book called "parenting is not for cowards" and that must be even MORE true now than 20 or 30 years ago. HAng in there. It's never easy but it is still the most important job you'll ever have.
    Best wishes to all from a very old fashioned Grannie
    bb

• galium
    15 years ago

Lisa-Your daughter reminds me of my daughter. I can't tell you how many times she moved home. Which was the worse thing she could have done. Because mommy and daddy were there to take care of things. Now, she is super responsible and married. Her apartment is cleaner than my house, she has her own business and gripes about cleaning up after her DH. I have to laugh. While we were going through the saga it wasn't funny!!! She use to wear my clothes then throw them on the floor of her room. I really hated that.

Things will get better. Doesn't your DD have any friends that can drive her to work? Because the more you do for her the more she will expect from you. My opinion....
    Mariann