Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantsofheaven

NEW: Tropical Plant/Seed Swap

plantsofheaven
17 years ago

This is a round robin exchange for tropical plants including passiflora, musa, brugmansia, tropical fruits, figs, etc. Every person must give at least two packs of seeds or one plant/cutting/sucker and must include at least 2 stamps for postage.(to send your new seeds and plants back to you) All seeds and plants will be sent to me and everyone will get an equal number of seed packets and plants back that they sent. Post here if you would like to participate and send me an e-mail containing your gardenweb name, real full name, address, what you would like to include in the round robin, and what are your big wants so I can try to include one of your wants when I send yours new plants/seeds to you. I will post here when I recieve an e-mail from you to insure I got everyones. I would like to have 8 or more people participate.

Comments (5)

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

what would the turn-around time be on the return? it would concern me plants arriving to you at different times, then being shipped a second time to each of the players?

plmk.

thanks,
    maryanne/earthly

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I would love to join but- our temperaturs are near 90* every day, and will be for the next two months. Plants would be stressed just traveling once, twice...I really doubt that they would survive. I recevied a few plants this week in a trade, and they are so heat stress, they would never make another trip.

Deb

• plantsofheaven
    Original Author
    17 years ago

If people will be sending plants I will let them rest a week or two before shipping them to each of the players. I am not sure when I will get enough people to join so hopefully it will be a little cooler by then. I will advise people sending plants/cuttings to send during a period of cooler weather. I know it may take awhile to get peoples there plants/cuttings or seeds. I will advise you when I send out yours. I will send plants/cuttings when they seem healthy enough to take on another trip. I love plants and I will not let a plant die on this round robin. If one does I will replace it with another one of mine.
    Let me know if you have any more concerns or questions
    Mike

• plantsofheaven
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am bumping this up. I need someone to join. I would prefer we do seeds since it is hot. I need at least a few people.
    Happy Gardening
    Mike

• plantsofheaven
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Do not post here any longer as I am starting a new one for just seeds since it probably is to hot.