Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
update: mnf - mirth in the manure pile #4

Posted by hazelnutbunny 7A (hazelnutbunny@hotmail.com) on
Mon, Jul 16, 07 at 20:33

Thread #4, ladies!! Let's keep this one clean, alright?? :O)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: update: mnf - mirth in the manure pile #4

DIRTY! DIRTY! DIRTY! Thought I'd be the first one to dirty it.LOL!

o

it wasn't me this time!!! LOL :')) this was dirty from the begining, manure pile.... LOL :'))

o

You girls are crazy! LOL!

My passies survived 2 days so far. Someone said that they will have transplant shock for a few days. They are still green, just a little wilted. I think these will make it. Yay!

o

Ok..There's just no hope for this group.....
Oi...I feel sorry for the next hostess.... LOL :O)

Ok...It's been a really Slllloooooooowwww And boring night at work, and I"ve just printed, copied, cut and taped over 200 seed envelopes. I went a little crazy...

Now tell me...Just WHAT in the HECK am I gonna do with 200 seed envelopes??!!? AGH!
Anyone need any??? :O)

o

I am certainly not old, I'm still in my 20's! Dirty old ladies indeed!

Bunny, just toss them in the drawer/box with the plant markers, sharpies etc.

o

He should be in here with all of us old Ladies...every man's fantasy...LOl
Here are a few pics from the garden today.
As usual the ongoing garden pests
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
my pink phlox
salvia marcus and others
pink monarda

o
RE: update: mnf - info

HNB
I need Laurie's address again. I deleated it by mistake

o

Melanie, love the Salvia!
Becki, unless you need to address the problem of poor drainage or unless they are too close to a building or shaded by other plants and that is causing your disease problem, I would just clean up around the peonies and leave them where they are. If you move them, you will reduce blooming next spring.
Medo, I hope I have interpreted the Medo-speak well enough to send plants you like! I am working on your box today and will post your confirmation numbers once I have it ready to go.

o

Laurie,
Mailed your package today. Hope all grows well for you.Also your silly item could be a "Collectors" item. Have fun with it

Here is your confirmation# 0307 0020 0004 7273 5831

o

ROFLOL! I just finished reading the last thread! OLD???? Dirty: Yep, dirty all the time! Digging in Dirt, Talking Dirt/ Looking at Peoples H---- B----, NL's, B---- Things! LOL! I will speak in code for your work computer!

Melanie: Don't say "package" someone may get the wrong idea!LOL! Your liatris is nice and tall. I really like your gargoyles!

I found this crazy little guy in my garden yesterday. His wings bi-fold. Reminds me of a Stealth Bomber.

Found out the name of my daylilies. The Pink bi-tone is Final Touch and the other was Sammy Russell. Thanks for the info on Tinkers!
Tracy

o

Nuthatch....I just noticed that I put an L in your last name..so you are now officially a KLONKUS. So sorry. :O) Can I call you Klonk for short?? LOL (seriously, though...sorry bout that.)

My boss asked last night why I was on his computer...I told him that mine wouldn't let me access some info..he's like, What info? And I said...Oh, just a group swap I'm in that was talking about hairy balls and naked ladies..

Um, yeah...that went over real well. Luckily, he has a great sense of humor. (and I showed him the thread & pictures, so he'd know what I was talking about)

But what makes it REALLY funny, and this is why I have a blocker on my computer, is that I work at a CHRISTIAN TV STATION!!!!! LOL Oh geeze, I could get in trouble if I ain't careful!! :O)

o

This group is definitely skirting the limits. I just posted some pictures on Vela's picture thread. New blooms just in the past few days. Hope everyone is well. diene

o

Oh MY God...HNB he must think we are over the edge, with no lives...

o

Melissa

Your 'package' is on it's way. USPS # 03062400000028160053

Hope you like it.

Rocky

o
I'm OFF!!!!

Ok all,wish me luck. This will be my last post for awhile.Me & the 3 kiddos are headed to Eugene. Will be back Aug 3rd. Tracyvine knows her package will be late. I try to post while @ my parents ,but no promises.Have fun!

o

Have a GREAT trip, Dirt!!! Have lots of fun, and be careful!! :O)

YAY!! Looking forward to my BOX, Roxanne!!!! Whoo-Hoooooooo!!!

o

Medontdo, your box is ready for the mailman in the morning. Your confirmation numbers are 01038555749145764864.
Alana

o

Dirt: Have a great time on the trip! Enjoy the vegie burgers, no caffeine, and alfalfa sprouts! Tell the folks we said "HI"!

o

Dirt
Have a great Vaca see ya soon.

o

Dirt
Have a great time with the kiddos. I can't imagine: 2 weeks with no meat. The kiddos will be beggin' for McDonald's before the end of the week.

I'm gonna be gone for a couple of days. Another daylily outing with my gal friends. fun...fun...fun!

Rocky

o

Fishymamas,

I am mailing your package out on Friday. Have to wait until payday ya know.

I am having trouble with my silly item! Ugh. I am usually so good with silly.

I found this growing in my yard today. Isn't she gorgeous?

Here is my new bromeliad.

That is pretty much all that is blooming except my orange and yellow canna, and my butterfly weed. Oh, and my butterfly tree.

Here is a picture of my crazy cat after playing in the water. He loves the water. The caption on this photo reads
"Mom, can I borrow your hairdryer?"

o

What a pretty kitty, Laurie! (even when wet!) :O) I have 3 outside kitties, all boys..and I am wanting an inside kitty (fixed female) so bad I can't stand it... But hubby says NO. :O( *sniff*
I just love kitties!!!!

Hmm...either a kitty or a chinchilla. OR bunny. They're all cute. :O) But I'm not allowed any inside pets (not counting all 8 of my birds!..which, come to think of it, is probably a good reason for not having an inside cat...)

Oh, and your flowers are pretty, too!! :O)

o
Kitty Cat

Thank you HNB.

He is my Bengal that I got in March. His name is Kairo. He is my little prince. He has heart issues so I treat him like a baby. Next month I find out the extensiveness of the heart problems. I am so nervous. Half of me does not want to take him to find out.

I have 4 animals, and they are all indoor. Two cats, Kairo & Willow, and two dogs, Furf and Trigger. Wouldn't trade them for the world.

I hope other things bloom soon. My glads and my hosta that I got in the last trade are doing great!

Hey guys...my divorce will be final on August 3rd. I know none of you knew about it. I had to wait until he turned everything in to make sure it was really going to happen. That being said...I will be changing my GW name here pretty soon. I hate my name.

o
Laurie

Oh, Laurie...I'm so sorry to hear about the divorce!! How awful.
****big hugs****
I'd bring over a gallon of ice cream, cheesecake... chocolate... and some chick flicks if I could!!! :O)

o
Ice Cream

Oh no! It's not awful. This was all my idea. I wanted it. I have been apart from him for over a year and a half. It's all good. Hmmm...but ice cream does sound good. I wonder if I have any? I have this craving for cookie dough....yummmmm....

Ok...funny story time. Two of them...

Kairo likes to play with feminine products. He chases them around the house like a stick and plays fetch with them. Well, here I am with my monthly visitor, and he had taken all of them out of my purse. (Yes, he digs through my purse like a child...and I mean DIGS...until he finds what he wants) So I had to go to the store while I was at work because of the little theif. He did this to me twice in 2 days without me knowing until it was too late.

Then...I'm sitting here...and I hate to ruin this suprise, but I had gotten fishymamas a small windchime. I guess he thought it was his because he was carrying it through the house, and then brought it to me to play with him. He keeps us entertained around here that's for sure. Yes, I am still sending it fishymamas...but it might have kitty cooties on it. (just kidding)

o

Hmmm....Well, in that case...How 'bout a shaker of Margaritas and a hunky Chip n dales??? :O)

We can save the ice cream for later. *wicked grin*

Speaking of feminine products....my 16 month old has a fascination with them...she gets into the box, and will have them unwrapped and up her nose.... Or stuck to her head. Which ever ones she gets into first!!
She's the one that also likes to wear my undies.
And this may border on the inappropriate...but here goes:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Let me reassure everyone....THEY WERE CLEAN!!! lol :O) She likes to get into the panty drawer and for some reason..she will never wear my cotton ones. Don't make a fancy enough cape, I suppose.

:O)

o

What a cutie! Those pictures are priceless!!!!

o

My older son likes to pop out a new tampon from the wrapper and drop the "parachute" into the toilet to watch it expand. Kid's got science on the brain. No worry on kitty germs we have 2 cats, and our neighbor's 20 LB cat *thinks* he lives here (litteraly a few times I've opened the door for the cats to come in, then gone to bed to see this cat bigger than a 2 year old flopped across my pillow).

Laurie, I understand completely about wanting the divorce, and best wishes go out to you dear, my 1st husband was a lying moron, and I couldn't get out fast enough.

Bunny, she most likely likes the silky feel more than cotton, you could try a blanket with satin edging and see if that makes her sence of touch occupied (my sister dragged around my mum's silk teddy EVERYWHERE... even church as her "wubby", I finally convinced her to let me sew the silk into a small throw pillow.

o

My daughter had a small blanket with the silk edging, it also went everywher with her. It's funny the litttle things that keep them occupied..

HNB---Sexy undies.....

o

Momma Laurie, don't forget to make 'doopus daddy' pay his child support for your adopted daughter. LOL
Carol B

o

Heeeheeehee...that was funny Carol.

Thanks for the laughs tonight girls.

By the way...my new GW username is autumnfairy. I will start using it in the next swap.
Did I tell you girls that I make fairy wings and I dress up as one? Here are some pics of me last year...this year is going to be better, I am adding to my costume. This is where my new name came from. My fairy name is Oaklie...the Autumn Fairy.

o

Major Wolf whistles for Laurie.....!!! Seriously, girl...You are PRETTY!!!! :O)

Thanks for the tips, girls! I honestly never considered that it was a sensory thing with the undies....She does have a blankie that I made her with a satin backing, but I packed it away for the summer. Hhhmmmm....so it DOES make sense that she'd go for the silkies.
Wow...Ya'll are so smart!!! Even after 5 kids, I learn something new every day!
Just goes to show ya...Ya never stop learning until you're dead! :O)

o

i never thought about that with talla either, she still does that with my nighties, LOL she tries to wear my pads, to be a mommy, LOL i tell her she's just fine without them, not all mommies wear pads. that one is just too stubborn!! LOL well horray for ou laurie!! i almost divorced hubby once, even packed allof our stuff up, in front of him and made plans to move to my dad's til i could get my own place, and all, he freaked and we worked things out. so now we been together for almost seems like too many years and other times not enough years, LOL i love all the pics!!, my cypres vine has one bloom on it too!! and laurie, you are so beautifull!! oh my!! and thank you so much alana, i'm still looking, rox. :')) next week is suposed to cool down! YaY!!

o

ok, Laurie I do have one question though....why are you dressing like a fairy..and making fairy wings..I love fairys..The pics are nice. If that is part of your garden it's beautiful, and all fairies need a garden.

o

Medontdo,
I saw your post on the seed exchange for cypress vine. I tucked a few seeds of the white from some I bought this spring under the flap of your box this morning. They are just inside so don't throw them out with the packing peanuts.

Laurie,
You are a lovely fairy. Congratulations on your divorce!

Diene,
One or more terrapins/turtles has been decimating my tomatos again and we have been lurking around the garden early and late, picking up the offender and moving him to the edge of the woods every time we see him. (That's as dramatic as our animal control get's around here.)
Last night around dark my son came in and told me that something was wrong with the one he just picked up. For one thing, when he picked it up, it did not tuck it's head under it's shell, and it felt awfully light.
I did not think about it last night, but this morning, the one that you sent me in the last swap is sitting at the end of the garden at the edge of the woods. I can't wait to torment Zach with his "strange" turtle.

o

Hello Poison;
Don't torment the kid, he will stop helping. I had no idea that people actually had real ones in their garden, we do not have that problem here. Must be too cold. There is a huge snapping turtle down at the marina, the owners think she is looking for a safe place to lay her eggs and people do not scare her as much as the eagles and the hawks. We are hoping some day to see the little ones. We have several families of ducks but the seagulls up the mortality rate for the little ones. It is very sad to see a mama with ten little ducklings and only three of them make it to the end of the summer. Oh well, such is nature. A friend who lost a full grown pet duck described it as "he became part of the food chain". It happens. Hope everyone is well. The rain has returned here, I ran out this morning to take pictures of the daylilies that have started blooming today. My hollyhocks are starting to open also but the rain may kill them. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
My box will probably go out the beginning of next week as the rain is not supposed to end until Sunday. C'ie la vie. diene

o

My new Salvia that I got from a guy in California started blooming today. It is called Hot Lips.

Salvia Hot Lips

o

very nice Nancy. Is it pink and white or red and white.

o

laurie-I'm on my second marriage and there is something to be said for the Second Time Around.

Daylily 'Cinnamon and Lace'

Monarch Butterfly

Red Spotted Purple Butterfly

o

Thanks for the comments girls. The reason why I dress up is because we have this festival here in the fall called the Renaissance Festival...I am not a freak....really. LOL. A lot of people dress up, and there are a lot of fairies. One year I decided I would like to dress up and I made some wings. It became a hobby. I have made 5 pair so far. This year I want to make a Christmas set. This year I changed my dress. It is a little orange cocktail dress and I am sewing hundreds of glass leaves on it. That will be a chore.

So, my home computer crashed last night. Having a problem getting on to the internet. That is so frustrating! I have to call them when I get home and see if they can fix it.

o

Laurie - stunning! Wow! And, congratulations!

Nut - I love the hot lips!! My coral nymph are the only ones that are blooming right now, and I absolutely am in love with them! Can't wait to try other varieties!!

Galium - the butterflies are beautiful, and so is your daylily!

Yep - my kids have always loved running around in my panties too! Too cute! They are all old enough now though that it doesn't happen much anymore (except for my 2 year old once in a while!)

WooHoo! My Velvet Queen sunflower is blooming! How pretty! Can't wait till more start blooming!

o
Fun!

No fair, Laurie! What a fun festival that would be! All we have is one called Tulip Time, where you are supposed to dress up in a Dutch costume (nothing fun about that, especailly if you add the wooden shoes to the costume!) But, the tulips are usually beautiful at that time, at least!

o
Velvet Queen

Okay, last post for a while, I hope! Here is my sunflower:

o

Wow, all of the pictures are lovely this morning!

Laurie, I love the fairy costume! You look abslolutely Beautiful! Congratulations on the divorce. I wish you years of happiness, peace and tranquility! Every one of us deserves those things!

Nuthatch: The hotlips are very pretty. Now you need to find a "Hawkeye" or "Frank Burns" to your garden!

Galium: The butterfly pics are great! The blue/black one is amazing!

Becki: Beautiful Sunflower! How tall is it?

Well, it finally rained here for a whole solid day! I was ecstatic. Yesterday was a true soaker. We really needed that. My lawn had become extra crispy. There is nothing like walking across the grass and hearing crunch, crunch, crunch. We have a well for all of our water supply to the house and Monday had some scarey moments with sludge coming out of the lines after the water had been running for a while. Everyone, please say a prayer that we don't end up with a dry well this summer. I don't think I could handle having to sink a new well.

o

Tracy - It's about 5 1/2' tall - Congratulations on the rain! What a wonderful feeling that is! We got some on Sunday night (4/10") - how exciting for us! Now, we are expecting more over the next few days - can't wait!!

Galium - the box came today!! Thanks you SO VERY MUCH!!!! She sent:
A sheet of garden humor - definitely made me laugh!!
Daylily "Little Grapette"
Daylily "Happy Returns"
Blackberry Lily
Coreopsis "Zagrab"
Echinacea "Magnus"
Echinacea "Doppleganger"
Snowball Bush

Everthing came looking beautiful and moist - perfect! Thank you galium!! As my garden is still fairly young, these will make perfect additions to it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Becki

o

Love the sunflower, Becki!! I can't wait until mine are blooming! :O)

Well, at the risk of being redundant...the only things blooming in my garden are my roses. :O)

Yellow rose is blooming again

The pink one is finishing up

I don't usually like marigolds, but planted these anyway. :O) I couldn't believe how BIG they got, they were supposed to be the dwarf ones.

We have butterflies like CRAZY right now. They love the petunias.

And the kids found a good use for the broken mower...Daddy took the motor and blade off, and now they're pushing each other around on it. We've got a big hill behind our house, and they are taking turns riding down that. (daddy's idea) My 6 year old son flipped it halfway down, and ended up sliding the rest of the way...he's got a nice streak of road rash from the forehead to his belly button. :O)

And everyone that drives by thinks...."Look at those poor hillbilly children...Ain't got no toys..have to use the lawn mower..."
...Lol...
One guy actually DID get upset..until he realized that there wasn't any danger. No motor, no sharpies.
Geeze...Like we're THAT dumb?? lol :O)

o
Great !

Great box, Becki!!

Thanks for sending so quickly, Galium!!! :O)

o
funny!

Melissa - love the roses - that is never redundant! OMG! The kids playing with the mower is so fun! We always figure our kids are hillbillies too! We have plenty of toys around the yard, but they always have fun with the silliest things! The like to take the jogging stroller, and ride down the hill in that - pretty funny to see a big 9 year old boy riding down a hill in the stroller!!

o
Oops!

Oh, shoot! I forgot - there was also a packet of seeds tucked into the nice card galium sent! The are:

'Queeny' Mixed Baby Hollyhocks - they sound beautiful! Thanks!

o
question

I have a question maybe you girls can help me with. I need to find a something to fill in some spots in my flowers beds. The areas I have to fill are mostly shade, but do get a few hours of sun (one spot in the morning, one in the evening). The soil is very rocky. The morning sun area is along the house foundation, and the evening sun is right next to the front steps.

Now..the question is... I'd like to find something that flowers..preferably a shrub or something similar. Something big for along the foundation (it's in the back of the house). But obviously, it needs to be shade tolerant. And it would have to look good with my day lilies & roses. They're in the sunny part of the flower bed.

And for the front porch, I was thinking Clematis, or something that would climb the pillars..But are those shade tolerant?? Is there anything like those that would be?

Does anyone have any ideas on plants?

o

HNB: I think you should get some orange jumpsuits for the kids and white helmets. Paint red bullseyes on them and then send them down the hill. You can have neighbors having heart attacks watching the kids be Crash Test Dummies! LOL!

Yep, our yard looks like hillbilly heaven here with all of the toys scattered about and the kiddie swimming pool in the middle of the yard. Wait until they drag out the slip-n-slide. The Aunts and Uncles have spoiled my kids with so many toys that there isn't enough room to store it all. Just cleaned out the garage last week and we still can't get trucks and toys all put away at the same time! Argh!

o

HNB: Azaleas are nice slow growing shrubs that flower in the spring that do well in the shade. Rhododendrons also would do well as long as they get more than a couple of hours of sun a day. As for a Clematis, most do need sun. They like their roots in the shade and the foliage in the sun. They will tolerate partial shade but do need several hours of sun through the day.

o

Mel-the flowers on the Hot Lips are white with red edges. The color on this salvia is unstable. So sometimes you will get all white flowers, all red flowers or the 2 tone red & white. I understand that sometimes all 3 appear on the plant at the same time. I think the color is affected by the heat. I can't wait till mine gets all 3 at once.

o

Hm. I never considered Azaleas. I've always liked them, though....That's a great idea, tracy. Thanks!

Here's a Magic Message plant I received in another swap from Debbya. It actually worked! One side says THANK YOU, the other has XOXO.
Pretty neat looking, anyway! :O)

o

Laurie, the dress and wing are lovely, I take the kids (and I mean my entrire preschool class), to the faire each year as our year-end event. This year I did a blue corsair dress (that's french pirate), gobs of lace, brocade and silk.
Hmmm, does the child who I CAN NOT keep from making mud puddles then sinking in knee deep count as a hillbilly (I'm, pretty darn certain making him strip to his BVDs to hose him down after counts though) good thing the garden walls are 6 feet tall.

o
satin pillowcase

Oh yes bunny, a satin pillowcase can help with the silky thing, get a yard of satin, fold in half, sew 2 sides as an L, hem open edge.

o

Flowers are gorgeous!

Laurie, you make a great fairy!

Tracy - THAT is what your message plant was supposed to look like. Did it ever grow?

o

Ok, I love my children dearly...but I have had one of those days where I want to crawl in a cave and stay there.....for a very long time. Until my kids are grown and I have grandkids to spoil..and send back home.

My daughter decided to play "gardener" today. First, she took the shears and CUT all my daylilies...then, she decided to transplant them. She dug up and pulled up nearly ALL my lilies!!! And then to top that off, the DOG ATE THEM! Seriously.
(stop laughing....I'm really not kidding.) I guess they tasted good to him, or maybe I just haven't fed him enough lately. ANYWAY. These were the lilies I just received in a trade a few weeks ago..my pretty red lilies. So what if they didn't have a name. They were RED and PRETTY.
And she even helped me plant them! I've been teaching her about the flowers, having her help me plant them and feed them, trim them, water them.....I thought that would help her understand.
I guess not.

SIGH

I'm going to go eat some frozen hot chocolate now. Diet be derned.

:O(

o

OH bunny! That's AWFUL!!! Sometimes it's hard not to be mad at those little boogers...but she was just trying to "help"......as for the dog, he's just trying to cut back on the grocery bill :-)

o

Yes..You're right, Vela. I'm not mad at her...but I'm still sobbing over my keyboard right now.
As for the dog...Well, I'm just glad they're not poisonous. That would have REALLY topped my day off.

And I just got a call from my hubby (I'm at work now)....the baby snapped my yellow rose in half!! She was trying to smell the flower, and it's taller than she is..so.......
But sweet husband of mine put a splint on the stem, and has it propped up and taped up (well, I think he said he used rubber bands....and I wouldn't be surprised to find duct tape on there somewhere...)

I'm telling ya.....I don't think I'm gonna answer the phone again. He'd probably tell me that the cats ate my petunias. Or the boys used my watermelon for batting practice.

Ah phooey.

o

HNB...

I am so sorry about your plants. I hope that your rosebush makes it ok. My dog broke my freesia and my calla lily. I was so mad.

I just spent the last hour on the phone fixing my computer with technical support. The good news is that it worked!

I do have good news. The Primerose Canna seeds I planted a few weeks ago are starting to sprout. I was soooo happy to see that. I heard that they are very hard to propagate from seed. But I did like the forums said, and filed the outer coating until I saw white and planted it. I also kept the soil very moist. This is my first plant that I have grown from a seed! I am so excited!!!! New babies! The funny thing is that I looked at them yesterday and I didn't see anything. Maybe they just wanted to suprise me.

Also, I got a big bucket of wildflower seeds on clearance at Garden Ridge for $3.00! Can't wait to plant them somewhere.

o

Does your mystery plant actually grow into a plant and what kind is it..

o

HNB: There was no laughing at the garden disaster story, only "Oh, no"'s. I am so sorry. That is a crushing blow. I feel doubly horrible for you. Brings back memories of the boys whacking down the neighbors flowers with their friends. I feel sick for you.

Vela: Sadly, this is another story of kids getting their hands in the dirt. I had been checking on it, watering it. Nothing was coming up... I dug down a little to see if someone had snatched it out of the granules... Yay, it was in there and starting to emerge from the casing... So, I covered it back up, watered again, placed back on the window sill. My precious Sprayflorus Emma Rosius had, at some point, decided to dig a little more in the plant in the can. The next time I checked it the casing was there but the green emerging seed pod had disappeared! Jack told me Emma did it! No one can find it. I was pretty mad. She's 2, doesn't understand or won't answer when she is in trouble and being asked "what did you do with Mommy's plant?" Sigh...

o

I think my mystery plant is just a plain old bean. The seed itself looked like a brazil nut...or a massively large brown bean! The can doesn't say what kind it is, just that it's an actual, live plant that can be potted, if you choose to do so.
It sprouted within 2 days, and is less than a week old, so that leads me to believe that it is, in fact some sort of bean. I don't know of any other seeds that sprout that quickly!

The kids have loved watching it unfurl...and were really excited when they saw the words. One kid said "I think it's thanking you for remembering to water it, Mom." :O)

o
Family picture time

Hazelnutbunny: LOL! Telling you it was thanking you for watering it! Oh, I love it when kids say cute things like that!

Here are a couple of pictures that I snapped when we were at the zoo a couple of weeks ago.

My five little monkeys

A picture of me and the hubby after Ice Cream at the Ben & Jerry's stand

Emma telling the paparazzi to get out of her face after she ate her chocolate ice cream cone

The bears were all out and milling around. Usually they are hiding every time we go.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This was making me crack up. Ya know how our kids can drive us nuts with all of the Mom, oh mooooom, mom, mom, mom stuff? WEll Mom and baby giraffe were having such a little spat as that when we were there. It was cracking me up! The baby kept wacking mom in the throat with her head over and over and over again! I was laughing so hard because it reminded me of when danny pokes me in the butt when I am on the phone! Mama giraffe finally hauled off and wacked the baby in the head with her little antlers! I busted up!

o

hmmm, sounds like my kids, i had two cats in my house today! (my kids) they were playing cats LOL hnb your kids are so cute!! reminds me of wen we were little, also reminded me of he paper hubby gave me today, you know your a redneck when..... most generaly i fit it! LOL although when i took our dog for a walk, i never used the same bush as him, LOL ya know mel, i never knew that you knew barb, she's sweet!!
on that sweet note! laurie, that is soooo cool! i think it's way awesome you making them fairie wings and all! i wish we had a fair or something here for something along them lines, but just a normal dwindling smalltown fair. LOL
poor hnb!! i feel your pain!! i remember the thing with my pups! still mad at them, but they're adopted. so that's cool. way too much for me!! and thank you alana!! your guy's pics are so pretty!! i wish i could get the pic of the dragon fly! he loves my glads! i think i might grow more just for him!! they are so beautifull and how do ya say graceful!! when my doors get in, i'm gonna sit in front of them and watch everyday, at all the beautifull flyiers!! LOL in the cool house :')) good night all

o

HNB,
Thanks for showing a pic of the mystery plant! I was curious what the message was!

Sorry to hear about your daylilys. If they were cut to the ground (roots not pulled out) they will regrow leaves. If the roots, little bulbs were pulled out, they won't return.

It's storming really bad, better get off line quick before the computer gets zapped.

Deb

o

Bunny, Sorry about your garden disaster.
Maybe you can salvage some of your lillies if you replant them and water them in. Daylilies are tough characters and can survive a lot of abuse.
One of my dogs chewed up several pink dogwood tree seedlings for me a couple of years ago-all that money, all that work... He had never bothered anything else. It was like he thought I planted them for his amusement.

Tracyvine, nice pics at the zoo. The captions were great!
Have a great day, folks!
Alana

o

Ladies this mystery whatever came up from my seeds of red yucca. It really looks like somekind of plant. Does anyone recognize what it may be? My luck it's justa pretty weed.

o

Melanie- That looks like Polk to me. Or Poke. Depends on where you're from, how you say it, I think. :O) It pretty much grows everywhere here.
It's great in salads. But the berries are poisonous. And the berries make great "paintballs" for the kids to throw...they turn everything purple!! :O)

o

I know whatthe mature plant looks like, and they are a mess, I better get rid of it. Don't want them...Anuone want it?

o
Damage survey

Well, after going through the yard this morning, I have come to 2 conclusions.
1- My lilies are gone. There are a couple that made it. Magic Minstrel being one (yay!) Which thrills me, cause that's my only named one!
2- My hubby ain't a plant doctor. He tried, bless his heart...love him for it. But the rose is toast. But only one cane, so it's not the end of the world! That's good news to me!! YAY again!

Oh well...I'm still trying to feel halfway human. I've only had one cup of coffee (don't tell hubby)....I think I need 3 or 7 more. :O) Worked until 3, feel asleep around 4, been awake off and on all night, and finally fell out of bed around 8.

Just one of those nights where I couldn't turn my mind off. Ya know? :O)

And my morning isn't working out so well....I just poured salt in my coffee.

Oh, Blech.

o

HNB: If it makes you feel any better, I have had quite a few of those mornings. One such morning I ended up pouring the coffee directly into the sugar bowl instead of my coffee cup! I commiserate. Keep your chin up.

o

Man are you guys a mess!! and so young!! At least I can blame it on old age. I forget who was looking for shrubs that can handle shade and rocky terrain. I have these spirea and they are almost impossible to kill. I have many volunteers if you are interested. They are a nice plant and the flowers are pretty. I will attach a picture of them in flower so you can see.
I just looked through my pictures and I only have one shot even though I have tons of them.
lily and spirea
bouquet made from downed flowers

I am also attaching a picture of the bouquet I made from the flowers the rain smushed. It is disheatening when you grow these things for months and they flower two days before they get wiped out by the rain. Oh well, they look great in my living room and everyone that stops by is stunned by their size.
Hope everyone is well. I will be posting more pics on Vela's picture thread later.
diene

o

Oh, Diene! Thank you so much for identifying one of my mystery shrubs!! Before I was a REAL gardener, we bought many shrubs from a local garden store. Of coures, I lost the tags to them, so I am still wondering what several of them are! Spirea is one of them!! Yeah!!!! I love to solve mysteries!! Thank you, thank you!!

Melissa - I hope your day is getting better! What a lousy time you are having! I hope things brighten up soon! You must get exhausted, working till so early in the morning, getting up a few hours later, and putting up with 5 kids!! How do you do it??? I have a hard enough time keeping up with the 4 that are still at home (well 5, but one is just staying here during his college break, so he doesn't count as a young one!) And I usually get at least 6 hours of sleep a night! (Well, I try...)

o

Nuthatch - According to the DC, they tried to deliver your box this morning, but didn't leave it. (I HATE when that happens!) Hopefully when you get it, everything is still alive and well!

o

HNB-I got my box today. They don't deliver mail to my house, I live a mile off the main road and that is where the mail box is. So unless it will fit in the MB, I do have a large one, they just leave one of those pink slips. I just had to drive into town to pick it up.

Now to the BOX!!!!!!!!!TADA

Got:
Hosta
Abelia evergreen with pink flowers
Evergreen groundcover for a shady area
Dianthus Chedder Pink
Peony Bowl of Beauty

Silly Items
Hillbilly Hearing Aid
Book-Living Somewhere Between Estrogena and Death by Barbara Johnson
Diet Cookies (Plastic)

also got a bottle of nice smelling lotion and some bath items.

Great Box Thanks so very much. Had a good laugh, there was also a real funny picture on the outside of the box, all I could think was about the postal people who had seen the picture, chuckled all the way home. Was a dead animal in the middle of the road with road stripes painted on it with the caption "Lazy City Workers" Not to worry everthing was still alive.

o

Got my box! Got my box! I LOVE everything. And it is already planted!!!

This is what I got girls:

Pink Cleome
Salvia Rhea...really like this one
Blackberry Lily...always wanted this one...tried to grow from seed....no luck
Cockscomb
Red Cardinal Vine
Dwarf Yellow Canna...How did you know I liked those? :o)
Salvia Lady in Red
Maroon Glads...I love glads...they make me glad! I know...that was cheesy....You did send me that cheese book. LOL!!!
Yellow LA Iris...tried this one from seed...no luck
and....
PINK NAKED LADIES! What a huge bulb this one is....geez...I had to search for a pot big enough until I can plant it in the ground. (It's been raining again)

Non plant items:
Some cool sweet rock...this seems to be an incense of sort that you burn
Some I Love Lucy Vitameatavegamin...these are red hots...I love those...
And....my funny item....
The Stinky Cheeseman book...I have never read this whole book, but I have heard of it. I can't wait to read it tonight.

Also, everything was packaged very nice, and the plants were not very limp at all. There was still plenty of water in the little packages that you made.

She used wet paper towels, and two layers of saran wrap. That seemed to work very well.

Everything I got I just love. I did not have any of these.
Thank you for such a wonderful box Melanie. I just love it.

Fishymamas,
I decided I am going to put your box in the mail on Monday so it does not sit over the weekend...also...I still need to find your funny item. I hope that is ok....

o

What a great box, Laurie! Melanie makes a great package, doesn't she?? :O)
I was lucky enough to receive a box from her in the last swap.

Glad to know you were able to pick up your box, Nuthatch! I hope you enjoy everything! Sorry that there weren't more plant items, it's been raining so much here that everything has either rotted or just not sprouted at all.
(or has been dug up by my daughter!) LOL :O)

o

oh my goodness! beautifull flower! nice boxes!! almost forgot about the needing to put the smile on the face, ha ha. boy wouldn't that be bad!! LOLi got the nicest surprise in the mail today!! a friend of mine knows how i LOVE unusual things and sent me something so awesomely cool! some kind a dark colored sweet pea! i can't wait!!yippie!! i so love things!! LOL ok, know how i said i wasn't fond of sunflowers? well i saw a red one, hmm, now i so want all the colors of them, i dont know the meaning of moderation, LOL i just have to try them all till i find the ones i want the most!! LOL we are finally getting the rain!! yay, but almost certainly means talla will be in ed with us, ho hum, she's getting tooo big for that, but how do i tell her that? and me that?? LOL

o

No problem at all Laurie, the heat wave finally broke, so now I can divide and send out my box (what I will be doing at sunrise tomorrow). Since I live and work "on site" (2 adresses but my home is next door to the land I sold to the preschool), mailman just hands it all to the front desk.

o

OMG--I love that Hilbilly hearing aid, it's so funny had a cery good laugh this morning.

Laurie--So glad you liked everything in the box. Glad everything arrived safely and in good condition. Many happy hours of enjoyment. So glad you did not have any of what I picked out.

Enjoy....

o

Wow....so I guess since we have had a month and a half of rain, the plants think it's spring here. And it has not gotten much over 80 degrees. (that is not anywhere near normal) A lot of my plants have started to sprout. My Astilbe, varigated caladiums, sun pixie lilies, and other items have all come out to visit. And my baby canna that sprouted the other day is already 2 inches tall! I am so happy today! I am seeing green...lol!

o

Yay!! I got my box today! YAY YAY YAY Whoooopppeeeee!!!!!!

...Whew...Ok..let me catch my breath.....(gulp)

GUESS WHAT I GOT???? *drumroll*

.........DAY LILIES.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! Again! YAY!! over and over Again!!! YAY!!!

*breathe again*

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME!!!

Ok. I'm sufficiently calm enough to list the contents of my box. I think. Please blame any typos on my excitedness. :O)

Daylilies:
strawberry candy (I was just being jealous of Poison's!!)
dragon's eye
scatterbrain (how appropriate!!!)
Fairy tale pink

Iris:
Bewilderbeast
immortality

Miniature rose- Ring of fire (this looks SO great beside my orange climbing rose!!!)

Creeping phlox

Daylily seeds

And my silly item was a great little yellow pen with a smiley face on top! It has a feather boa type thing on top, too! (I would take a picture, but my daughter ran off with it...I"m gonna have to hunt her down...) :O)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! Roxanne...You have just made me an ecstatically happy woman!!!
*****HUGS******

Oh, and my daughter is helping me plant all of these, so maybe she'll appreciate them a little more. Maybe. :O)

o

Vela-will be mailing out your package on Monday, will post the DC# as soon as it is done.

Naked Lady Blooming

Front Gardens

Hardy Hibiscus

o

poison - I will be sending your box on Monday or Tuesday of next week - I can't wait to send it! After seeing all the photos of your flowers, I hope what I send won't drag your gardens down! Your cannas are absolutely gorgeous! I haven't tried growing them yet, but that might just be next on my list!! Anyway, just wanted to let you know to be expecting your box toward the end of next week. I'll post the DC as soon as I have one!

o

Thanks nuthatch! I'm looking forward to it :-)!!!

o

No rush, Becki. Anything you send will fit right into my garden nicely and I will be delighted to have it. I am a plant collector and I want one of everything! I just wish I was a better designer and could put it all together in a more purposeful arrangement.

Bunny, glad you got your daylilies! Maybe they will take some of the sting out of your losses this week.

Nuthatch, that pure white hardy Hibiscus is wonderful!!!!!

o

poisondartfrog-it usually makes lots of seeds if you want some just let me know, would be happy to send some.

o

I would love to have some of those seeds! I will send SASBE when they are ready or send you something from my trade list if there is anything you want. I am just beginning to collect and list this years crop. Thanks so much for offering them!!!!

o

I just got some seeds for hardy white hybiscus, after seeing yours I am definately planting them.

o

nuthatch - I know you offered them to poison, but I would love some as well, if you have extras! I am just starting growing hibiscus, and can't wait for them to bloom (they are just little now, so probably not till next year!)

o

It has made tons of seeds in the past, so if it makes any this year whoever want some can have them. I don't know how much seed I will get this year with all the bees missing, have not seen hardly any around the yard. Will make a list of who wants them and will email for your address later.

o

Good Evening All;
I am in real trouble now, I bought my first orchid today. It will definitely be an indoor plant for me but I know once you start with them, you are hooked.
It was a bargain at Lowes because it had already flowered and was root bound. If I can keep it alive through the transplant, I am in trouble.
I had a few hibiscus that I used to winter indoors but they developed some bug problems from being outside in the summer and I lost alot of my house plants until I gave up on them. They are the neatest flowers.
Hope everyone is well. We have two picnics to attend tomorrow and it is supposed to rain. One will be rescheduled so I am praying for some rain in the morning so they will do that. I do not think we can make it to both otherwise.
One is sponsored by the manufacturer of our boat and so we would have to take a sea cruise to get there. That is the one I hope they postpone until Sunday. With all the storms we have been having, the seas are a bit rough and this is scheduled to be held on a small island off the coast. The second event is at our marina, so they are both boat related. That is the annual picnic for all the people who have boats in the marina. It is low key but since we have been part of the crowd for a number of years, it is familar. The marina is owned by one family and the second generation is getting ready to retire and turn it over to the third generation. The most prominent member has just had his second child, the eldest is probably four. Well, I have to get to bed as I volunteered to make a fruit platter tomorrow and that is alot of cutting.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. diene

o

diene-I tried Orchids a couple of times and managed to kill them both times, so I gave up. Hope you have better luck, they are very beautiful flowers. The Hardy Hibiscus stays outside all year long it dies back to the roots in winter, but sends up new shoots in the spring. I have never tried to grow the tropical ones that you have to bring into the house in winter.

o

ok!! this is what i got!! it recieved many smiles this morning!!
toucan tango iris
awesome blossome !daylily totally can't wait til it blooms!!
strawberry candy daylily
pussy willow
hens and chicks now i have light colored ones! so awesome!! :'))
bengal tiger canna whoa baby!! i totally love this!! out of my canna's
peter piper pepper LOL picked a peck of pickled peppers :'))
cuckoo pint arum italicum pretty darned cool!!
grapefruit mint!! i so wanted to start getting mints!!
and another daylily unanamed and talla named it..... talla gee what else. LOL and she took the frog matt!!! and kissed it!!! we love frogs!! she saw that and goes awwwwww and snatched it and kissed it! it was so funny! i took a pic of the thing i tilled and put the flowers in but of course it hasn't come in yet, so i have to get up early in the morning for the bible school kick off, so i thought maybe i might take some more pics and send them and one year they will come accross!! LOL THANK YOU SO MUCH ALANA!!! you so made 3 people so very happy!!! i'm gonna totally love the one, w purple!! LOL oh and i forgot to mention the seeds white cypress, zinnia mix, marigolds, tabor so loves them!! talla loved helping me plant everything, tabor and patrick the little boy next door helped too, he's the gardener in training, like all of us!! LOL :')) thank you so very much! we had to move the hosta and other stuff, i forgot i got the tree cut down out front and now we have pretty much full sun on the side now, LOL and the lily of the valley's, the pinks don't like it either!! i can't wait to see them bloom!!

o

H girls! Sounds like everyone is having bunches of fun today! Wow, all of the plants sound so great!

Nuthatch: The white hibiscus is absolutely beautiful! Very crisp! LOVE it!

Well, I was very excited today to find one of my lilies have bloomed that I have been WAITING on for far too long. Unfortunately, it bloomed right after being beaten down by this rain that I have been praying for. I love it. I haven't had it bloom until this year and don't have a clue what it is but was blown away by the color of it. So, I propped it back up and snapped a pic to post for everyone. I hope you like it!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

If anyone knows it's name please let me know.
Tracy

o

Tracy-its a Stargazer Lily

o

What a fun box, Medont!! Poison always sends a great selection, doesn't she? :O)

That is a beautiful lily, Tracy! I love the ones that are so colorful that they almost look fake, ya know! :O)

Can anyone tell me what this plant is? I have it in a pot right now, because I"m not sure if it CAN go out side. The flower is a dark lavendar (looks lighter in the picture), and somewhat resembles a spiderwort flower...but the spiderwort I remember from growing up always had green leaves.

o
Kidz!!

This has totally made my day.
First I was upset, because my camera was missing. Hubby found it upstairs, so naturally, I KNOW who did it. (my now infamous flower snatching daughter whom I love dearly) ANYWAY. I was worried that it didn't work, so I went out in the garden and took 2 pictures, came back in to load them on the computer...and the computer is telling me that there are 32 pictures on my camera! I'm like....OH BOY. I must have forgotten to delete the ones I took friday, right?

Well, when the computer started downloading, there was a complete picture story of how my camera got upstairs!! It is so FUNNY, I couldn't quit laughing.
First, a picture of my desk (mess and all), next the floor, then the first stair, middle of the stairs, looking down from the stairs to my computer desk, at the top of the stairs, in the boys' bedrooms (which I can now see how messy they are, I can't go upstairs because of a bad hip, so i have to take them on faith when they tell me their rooms are clean!), in the boys' closets, 3-4 pictures of toys, one of a pair of feet (got'cha!!!)

And then there's this picture. I have no idea what it is, but I thought...Hmmm...I've seen stuff like this in art galleries!! :O)

It's nice to be able to laugh at my kids instead of getting upset at them...I've been upset all week, first with Aubeni getting into the med. cabinet and opening up all my contact lenses (a years worth!) and putting them in the bathtub, then with the flower thing..and there was something in between those, but I'm blanking it out...post tramatic stress amnesia, I guess. :O)

ANYWAY. That pic made my morning.
Hope ya'll have a great weekend!!!

o

HNB Neat picture! I see easter eggs...start looking for the toy, blanket, coloring book with easter eggs on it. LOL!

o
Answered my own question. I think.

I think my plant is a Purple Heart? Does that sound right, girls? If that's the case, then it is definitely a houseplant here..it's only hardy in zones 9-11. Brrrrr...too cold here for the little bugger! :O)

I forgot to tell ya'll about the surprise I had Friday morning!!! My FIL and his new wife watch the kids on Thursday nights for us, (both DH and I work that night), ANYWAY. That night they brought pizzas for the kids with peach cobbler for dessert (homemade!) which is neat in itself, cuz FIL cooks, not his Wife!! lol And the kids don't get pizza very often at all..
And when I got up Friday morning, I noticed that FIL had mowed our yard! (cuz we haven't got a mower, he brought his own!) and he had bought 4 stepping stones for my flower beds!!!
WOW! Very pretty ones, with butterflies on them!!
I was soooooo tickled!!!!! Yesterday was a DEFINITE improvement on my week! :O)
That was the SWEETEST thing!! He's never bought anything for us before, let alone ME, the lowly DIL. :O)

o

OOohhh....I bet that is the inside of a plastic easter basket/bucket. Does your child have an easter basket in her room? If you look closely...you can see what resembles a barcode on the bottom....

o

HNB-You are correct the plant is Tradescantia pallida-Common Names: purple heart, purple queen, purple-heart tradescantia..... I've seen it as a ground cover in Florida.
Mariann

o

Deb, your box is being shipped out today, priority mail, with everything nice and fresh. I just got home from dividing my mum's back yard for her b-day (she had no idea that her daylillies stopped flowering because they were too crowded). So next month she should be knee-deep in blooms again.

o

Oh, Hey...Ya'll are right! I never even THOUGHT about it being the inside of a bucket! But, yeah..the boys DO have an easter bucket! I didn't even see the eggs until they were pointed out....! lol :O)

o

hubby say's its a lampshade, if she has one in her room. or the boy's room. he said see, very distinct light! LOL men! i'm so happy about the mint!! i want it to grow!! and i don';t want the mosquito's to keep coming around!! LOL
she does send very good selection!! and well talla just loves that ol frog, he had to come in for the night. LOL what am i gonna do? LOL we had so much fun last night, but i slept like a baby!! that's for sure, and today was fun with the sundayschool kick off, i was WAY out of my comfort zone, but i had fun face painting!! LOL my pics won't come thru, i sent them thru like many times! and hey still won't come thru, i even sent them to my email. no deal, i think it's just sprint. but i took pics of my morning glories, i have some pretty magenta colored ones, i thought they were the passaflora, but nope morninglory. they are gonna deliver my shower stuff wed.!!! yay!!! i am so thrilled. but lowes lost our order. can you believe that? because the new guy doesn't like to keep the orders in there for over a week, that reeks!! but hubby got a copy befor and kept it, he's good about that and so we're going back to topeka to take it up there tomarrow, another 30+ miles we didn't need to drive. LOL but it gets me out of town!! just for a little while, he can take care of that while i "look" around. LOL i did get 3 new hosta's, just regular one's though, we don't ever have anything exciting here, except once i saw a chocolate calla!! i wanted that soooooo bad!!! but it was like 19.99 i think. no way i could really, how do you say that? tell my self that it was ok to spend that much on one single plant that i may end up killing, well that the dogs may kill. (now i dont' have them) i'd be more thinking about it now, but not for $19 LOL have a great weekend!! by the way, one of the hosta's have a flower on it, that's so darned cool!!! :')) life is sooo awesome!!! sometimes i think it can't get anybetter!!

o

Goodness...where IS everyone this morning?? Oh, well...it's a cool morning here, so I guess I should be out enjoying it too. :O)
I got a new rose yesterday!! YAY!! And it's NAMED!! And it's an antique!! YAY!! I'll post a picture later, and also the name, when I can type it all out! (it's a long one!) But I'm so excited! I put it smack dab in the middle of the daylilies Rox sent me! (well, allowing for breathing room & sun light, of course) :O) Definitely a good weekend. :O)

Michele---------------- Next time you see that chocolate calla, GET IT !! by golly!! Ya only live once!! So what if it dies, at least you enjoyed it!! :O) If I see one down this way, you can bet I'll snatch it for ya! :O)

o

i went to lowes and it's gone!! :'(( but i got some cana's shining pink, and fruity rose, and 3 hosta's aired marganita, hyacinthina, undulata albo marganita. one of them is varigated. pretty cool!! but i totally want the chocolate calla!! i'm learning if i have a little tiny bit of money to go ahead and spend it on my self that it's ok, just this once, them kids arent gonna die if i don't spend it on them!! LOL and the house won't fall apart ( lord i hope not!!) and hubby won't what ever!! he has all the money anyhows! but when talla goes to school it will be all day, i will get some kinda job, maybe at somekinda nursery if we lived in town, and i thank God everyday we don't!! :')) tomarrow we go to his mom's house and do the corn stuff, will be fun, cuz we get to bring some home. YAY!!!
so wed we have shower stuff being delivered, and thurs we have frige and front door being delivered, we brought the rest home, he wants to put the stuff in, ummmm how do i say this nicely?? and pray he NEVER see's this??? plumbing, he's never done, i have, electric, he has, not me! i'm trusting but ya know!! yep that's all im gonna say. LOL we did get one of those little rectangle pools, i hope this one lasts a little longer than 1 month. last year tabor ran over the other one with the mower, he was just learning to mowe. little bugger!! he thought i was gonna kill him, as if!! i said, bay!! its just a darned ol pool!! so what if ya all can't swim anymore! LOL that was so mean, but that's ok, he felt so releived, then later on he goes mom, that was wrong, i was like "what??" all innocent like. LOL :')) but he was just laughin'
see hnb, i can remember SOME quotation thingi's. LOL just not all!! LOL it was sweltering here in ks!! but worse in topeka, we were coming home and the closer we got the cooler it got!! no buildings to block all the breeze!! LOL
have a great night!!

i'm gonna start to keep the names of everthing, or at least try to, LOL now all i have to do is try and get the names of the day lily's that i already have, at least that's what i think they are, they haven't bloomed yet, but they are kinda in the shade a little.

o
Yay Michele!!!

YAY!! So glad to hear you treated yourself! I know that's really hard when money is tight and you have kids. I always feel guilty, but I promise, you're kids won't hate you for it! LOL! Remember "When momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"

Good for you! Sounds like you got some lovlies!

o

Vela-sent your box out this morning.
DC# 0307 0020 0004 1308 8330
I hope I packed it well enough, this is my first time sending more than just 1 live plant and am afraid of what the Post Office can do to a package.

medontdo-I sent out your Dragon Fruit Seeds also.

o

Good morning everyone!! :O)

Well, my daughter did it again. Took off with my camera. Guess I'm gonna have to keep the thing locked up, seems a closed drawer isn't enough. Duh. :O)
But, she was just trying to take garden pictures like she sees mommy doing all the time, so I can't be TOO upset at her.

I thought I'd show you the better ones. :O) Although, she did have some EXTREME close ups of the cat...but I thought you'd rather not see them this early in the morning. lol

Here's her view of the marigolds.

And her picture of our pumpkin.

Elijah wanted to share his caterpillar with you..even curled up, it's as big as a ping pong ball. But more hairy. ICKY.

My first morning glory!! (I know..but I planted them late, they are from seeds that I got from Melanie when I first joined!!) :O)

And....my Orange rose!! I just can't help but show this off, it has people staring at it!! It's the bright spot in my yard, for sure! And this is it's 3rd bloom! Can't wait for more!! :O)

o
Postman boogie

I just thought it would be appropriate to remind everyone what the postman boogie can do to a package. (for those who aren't sure....: the postman boogie is the little dance that the postman does on your box when it's in perfect shape. You see, postmen cannot fathom why anyone in their right mind would want a perfectly square box. If it's not concave in the middle, missing a side, or have a tear down the front that would sink the Titanic....then it's just not acceptable. Period.)

......Cover your eyes, Melanie...I know it's still painful.....

Miraculously, all the plants in question survived. Names have been changed to protect the innocent. (Salvia now prefers to be called Sylvia. Balloon flower goes by Baboon now.)

o

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOpainful...But, I just still cannot understand what in the world made them do that. Maybe they thought that since I was shipping so many plants they needed to check for the "happy plants" ya know the smoken Joe kind...LOL what ever. They are nuts.

o

You scared me there for a second, HNB. I just saw the picture first and thought it happened to someone else's box. Whew!

Got my funny item finally....I hope you like it Fishymamas!

Laurie

o
My weekend

Hey gals! We had such a nice weekend! My little baby cousin got married. The youngest of the bunch! Brings a tear to my eye! I used to change his diapers! Now he is all grown up and beginning a family! Wow! Time flies! Here is a pic of the happy couple

Matt and Lindsey

We were all so proud of my niece Kayla for making it down the aisle. She was so nervous being the flower girl! Her Daddy met her at the end of the aisle with a big Smooch!

I hope all of you had a great weekend!
Tracy

o

Tracy
Beautiful pic's congrats.

o

Very nice wedding pictures! It sure is quiet here lately! Alana, I am going to try to get your box out tomorrow - but if not, then it will be next Monday. Some personal things came up this weekend, and it kind of had my mind occupied! Plus, during the whole wedding things, most of the plants I had starded died, as I negleted them pretty badly! (Good thing my kids aren't that fragile!!) Anyway, I picked up a few things while shopping today to send, and I will get my plants dug up - but I can't promise that it will get out yet tomorrow (so then I will wait till next Monday, so that things don't get stuck at the PO on Sunday - unless you all have okay luck sending on Wednesday...) Anyway, I will get it out soon! You all need to keep talking! I love hearing about everyone else's lives!

Oh... I drove past one of my neighbor's homes yesterday, and saw that she has beautiful burgandy hibiscus!! I don't know her real well, but I MIGHT get ballsy and ask her if I can get some of her seeds when they ripen! I don't know many of my neighbors all that well, but I guess I know her better than most of the rest of them, so maybe it won't be all that bad to ask!!

o

Becki: Don't ask her for seeds. I have burgundy hibiscus seedlings that are about 6" tall already. Nice and healthy, leaves are about 3" wide. I can send you some if you don't mind first class! Let me know!
Tracy

o

Oh, Tracy! That is so incredibly sweet of you!! I would love that! I have some hibiscus seedlings too - sadly I lost track of which was which, but I know none were burgandy! If you would like a "mystery" hibiscus in return, please let me know - or check out my trade page for seeds you might like - I would gladly send them, if you are intrested! Thank you for your very generous offer!!!

o

Becki: That sounds like fun! A mystery hibiscus would be a great addition. I was just looking at the little buggers today wondering what I was going to do with them. I don't have another site prepared yet and they will need to be transplanted soon. I plan on starting a new sunny area but the ground has been so rock hard without the rain that I didn't feel like killing myself digging up the grass! Now I have some motivation! Not to mention we finally got some rain around here so it won't be as tough! Yippee! email me and I will send them out! How many do you want? They do get huge! My mature ones are only 3 years old and are 5 feet tall and almost as wide! I divided one of them this year and it is only 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide.
Tracy

o

Hey Guys!

I'm finally back. Boy what a week!

I told you about spending a couple of days at a girlfriends and going to tour some more daylily gardens. It was great!!! Even if it was 95 degrees and 70% humidity.......talk about a sauna!

My friend is doing some remodeling and is eliminating a 'Florida' room......she gave me 6.....count 'em 6 sliding glass doors. What am I gonna do with 6 sliding glass doors you ask? Well, hopefully I can convince my DH to build me that greenhouse I have wanted for 30 years. After all....I've got the glass! Sounds like a plan to me.

The minute I got home we took off to Virginia for the weekend to visit the grand-baby. I guess I should stop calling him 'the grand-baby'......he's 5 years old......but he's the only one and is likely to stay that way. Why can't they stay little forever....He is growing up entirely too fast.

Hazelnutbunny: I am soooooo glad you liked your box. If I could have found a bigger box I would have sent more lilies!!!

Well, I got a lot of reading to catch up on, so I better get started.

Rox

o
funny!

Tracy - that is so funny! I have the same problem, with nowhere to plant them! Somehow my hibiscus seedlings made it through the wedding "drought" (I think becuase they had already been transplanted into larger containers, not the jiffy pellets all the other guys were still in - they WEREN't so lucky!) I finally planted 3 of them out yesterday, not worrying about if it was a good place for them or not - I just had to plant SOMETHING!! I have been trying so hard to figure out a good place for them! Anyway, I'll email you! Thanks you again!
Becki

o

Rox - how fun! As soon as you said sliding glass doors, I knew where you were going! My husband picked up 3 big windows a while back that were marked "FREE" on the curb. He keep promising he is going to build me a greenhouse - now if he can just find the time to do it! A month or so ago, I had a lady pick up some stuff I had offered on Freecycle.com, and I wasn't home when she came. She left a note saying that if we didn't need them, she would love to have those big windows sitting outside for her greenhouse - I thought, nope - that's my greenhouse!

o

that' what i want big ol windows for!! LOL sometimes i see them just laying besides a persons house and i wanna go up and knock on the door and ask if they are getting rid of them!! but hubby'd kick my but!! i sent your package today roxy! i forgot a few things, luckily bay was sleeping so you got very lucky!! LOL now he's making pancakes by scratch. although last night he did help me pack it all and we learned how to do it the way the one lady sent my stuff to me. so i hope it comes to your house good!! and it has breathers. hnb, your little one is a hoot!! LOL and thank you guys!! sometimes we all need a little reasurance i guess, i always feel guilty!! LOL and thank you nuthatch. of course i'll have to wait till spring to plant but it really gives me something to work on my garden plan over the fall and winter months!! LOL :'))

o

Just a reminder for everyone to have their boxes out by August 1st, so that we can begin the next swap! (speaking of the next swap.....WHO WANTS TO HOST THE NEXT SWAP???? Come on. Ladies!! Ya know you want to!!) :O)

Here's the list I have so far, correct me if I'm wrong:

Chrystal to Laurie - received
Laurie to fishy
Diene to Galium
Poison to Medont - received
Medont to Rocky
HNB to Nuthatch - received
Dirt to Tracy
Tracy to dirt
Debbya to Chrystal
Rocky to HNB -received
Galium to Becki- received
Fishy to Debbya - Sent
Becki to poison
Nuthatch to Vela - Sent

Am I missing anyone?

o

Hey Bunny! How are ya? Are the kids minding their P's and Q's this week? My camera disappears with the 17 year old on a regular basis lately! He bought a 1985 thunderbird in mint condition and keeps taking pictures of it and emails them to his friends and then posts on myspace! I go looking for the darn thing for my flowers or my ebay pictures and end up waisting half the day searching for the camera! Man, when I find it am I grumpy!

Dirt and I will be exchanging after she gets back from "Hippie-ville". I think she gets back around the 3rd. If you want to close the swap without us that will be ok with me. We can post the results on the next swap or something.

o

I won't have time in August to do the next swap, but I would love to host a Sept or Oct fall swap.(I'm thinking about my favorite day of the year, Halloween, as a theme) if the group is still going.
I have had so much fun with each of our swaps so far. I love selecting plants and seeing what everyone gets and all those great garden photos. You guys have given me a lot of ideas for next years gardens!

o

Ok....I will host the next swap if no one else volunteers.

Laurie

o

YAY! Laurie!!! She's all yours, darlin'!! :O) You'll be a great hostess! :O) (I could make a joke here and say "it's cuz you're a ding dong! ha ha...get it...hostess..ding dong...... SIGH. Okay. I'm used to the cricket noises...) :O)

o

VERY NICE wedding pictures!!

OH Bunny, MUST you remind us of the postman boogie? LOL!

YAY!!!! My box is coming, my box is coming!!!

Laurie!! WOOOHOOOOO new hostess with the mostess!! You said it, YOU'RE IT GIRL!! (I won't be able to join, but I'll stop in and say "hey")

Poison....Halloween theme sounds neat!! And, by the sounds of it, there is going to be an August swap with Laurie as the hostess, so that means you're up for the next one! LOL!! Killed the next two swaps with one stone!

This Make New Friends swap has been a great brainchild Diene! So glad you thought of it!!

Loving the "sneaky kids with camera" stories...I have had a few picture stories myself....the worst was when the kids totally trashed their rooms and then took pictures of it...that was back before I had a digital camera...so I had to get them developed. The people handed me the pictures with a look of disgust on their faces like "I can't believe this woman lets her kids live like that" LMAO!! I mean that room was TRASHED....I was horrified!

o

Bunny..."chirp chirp, chirp chirp" eyes looking around to see if anyone else is thinking the same thing....then

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

o
Tracy

Oh, and tracy....I can't really blame the kid at all. That's a sweet ride! :O) Us children of the '80's can remember coveting those cars...along with the Camaro's and Firebirds..... My first car was a '79 mustang..factory hood scoop, ground effects, 17" aluminum wheels, silver w/red & black interior, moonroof......
My dream used to be an 87 Camaro ...T-Top, white with blood red interior.

Now, I'm more along the lines of a '67 mustang shelby 350 fastback. Or a brand new Honda Odyssey van. :O)

Yeah, I've matured a little and gotten more expensive in the process. SIGH. Kids will do that to you. :O)

o

LOL Bunny! Ahhh, you are a woman after my own heart! The car is a 1985 turbo coupe, only 60,900 miles on it, mint interior, navy and grey, grey metallic body, no rust, removable sun roof, fog lights, oh yeah, and it's FAST! I drove it on the highway last week on the way back from the mechanics where we had it checked out and punched it because of merging into heavy traffic with the crazy on-ramp that enters the highway at a curve, boy did she fly! I was up to 70 in a heart beat! She maneuvered perfect!

It won 1st place in show at Norwalk Raceway's Ford Fanatics car show last year. My cousin will be taking Ted out there to do some drag racing before the end of summer. I figure if he has a fast car he should stretch his legs at a track instead of next to some guy at a red light on the street! I know this may not be the popular opinion but I would rather he race it in front of us in a controlled environment than behind my back and be afraid to tell us when he gets into trouble. Being a teenagers mom... Rollin' my eyes, sighing, praying that it all turns out ok!

o
stargazer lily

Nuthatch: Thank you for id'ing my lily. I was having a hard time with it. The stargazer and mona lisa were so similar that I couldn't decide between the two. Finally, I asked the lily forum folk what the difference was and found that mona lisa is a parent to stargazer and is much shorter and flowers earlier than mona lisa. You were dead on! Thank you!

Tracy

o

I agree with your parenting techniques, Tracy! My hubby had a drag racing truck last summer....that thing would get 0-60 in 4 seconds. Or less, if the tires would quit spinning. :O) So he had a lot of fun with that, until gas got so outrageous. He sold that, and got an acura (!) for him and the kids to build into a street car. My oldest will be 11 next week, and this is his first car. I'm thinking....bad idea, hubby, to get him one that will outrun anything WE have. lol But I totally agree with letting your son drag in a controlled environment. It will make you and him feel alot better KNOWING that he knows what the car is capable of and letting him learn how to control it.

o
D'OH files!!

Okay...I have a few for the D'OH! Files this morning. Before I embarass myself, let me show you the one thing I CAN do right. Roses! Of course! Isn't this one lovely this morning?

Okay...Now on to the D'OH!! Files.... There's a few, so I'll number them.
1) I got some Balsam seeds this spring. That's how they were labeled, balsam, no pictures. So, hubby and I get excited, picturing balsam PINES! YAY! So we plant several, and when they sprout..I'm thinking...wait, that doesn't look like any pine I've ever seen! So, after some research, we decide we actually had IMPATIENS! :O) So....I've been waiting for these things to bloom, waiting...waiting...waiting....thinking they would bloom at the top, like most other flowers....but getting REALLY frustrated cuz they haven't bloomed yet. Then, this morning, Aubeni tells me.."Mommy, your flowers have flowers on them!" I look, and SURE ENOUGH! Right there at the base of the leaves! Little white flowers!
D'OH!

2) I have always thought 4 o'clocks were vines...similar to morning glories. So when I planted them this spring, some in pots, some in the flower bed, I was getting upset because there were all these "weeds" in the soil! My seeds weren't sprouting, just these nasty little bushy things! GGrrrrr! Then Melanie sent me a 4 o'clock in the last trade, and it STILL DID NOT register!! I've been waiting for this thing to start climbing and stuff....So I think, maybe it's stunted, and I need to do something. So, more research, and find out....these are the things I've been pulling up!! No WONDER my seeds haven't sprouted!
D'OH!!

3) Next...I planted some tomatoes and peppers in pots back in May, and set them next to my hubby's shed. AND FORGOT ABOUT THEM! I just found them this morning!!! Poor things are still alive..just very VERY wilted!
D'OH!

And that is all I"m gonna list this morning. I've got many more, I"m sure we all do...but I thought I'd let ya'll laugh at me for a bit. Anything to brighten up a yucky Tuesday! :O)

o
Unknown plant

Okay, I put this thing over on the "name that plant" forum, and one guy says it's asparagus. LOl :O)
Seriously, though...I have NO IDEA what it is! Anyone here have a clue? It was sent to me by someone, and they didn't label it..and I didn't ask for it! I can't get in touch with them to find out what it is.

o

I'm thinking either horse tail grass (not the curly kind) or some kind of bamboo????

Here is a pic from trionnursery.com along with their descritpion:
EQUSETUM HYEMALE HORSETAIL

A rush like survivor of the Dinosaur Age [Carboniferous age]

Slender , hollow 3 to 4 ft stems that are bright Green with Black and Ash colored rings at each joint.

An Effective plant in garden situations near water

Stunning look of Bamboo on a small scale

o

Looks like Bamboo to me also, with the hollow reeds.

o

Hmm...well, if that's the case...anybody want it?? :O) Not too crazy 'bout the bamboo...!

o

I'd take the boo from you if no one else speaks up for it. I'm game to anything - plus I have these neighbors.........lol Don't have much to trade you for it, but what you want? Maybe I can luck up on something you're looking for.
Carol B

o

LOL Carol, are you gonna put it in the neighbors yard and let it go WILD?

o

Ok...I am clueless as to a theme for the next one...geez...I will need to think about this...

Can you guys please pray for me? I was not looking for a new job, but one just popped in my lap today. A staffing agency saw my old resume online and e-mailed me. The job is $7.00 more per hour, for a multi-million dollar company. I hope everything works out.

o

Lauriann: That is great news! Back in my former working life I was a recruiter then moved on to human resources. If you need any help give me a buzz! I will pray extra hard that you get an awesome big money job!!!!

o

Oh, Laurie! That is so exciting! I am so happy for you! I will definitely say some prayers for you! This sounds like a great opportunity! Does it involve relocation?

o

Thanks girls.

It does not require relocation...in fact, it is only 8 miles from my house.

o

Cool! I'm in human resources too! Hmmm, we are resourceful people, we are!!!

Good Luck Laurie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

Laurieann: Oh that would be so nice! My last job was 45 minutes away and sometimes over an hour and a half in the winter! Yuck-o!

Vela: Too funny! Two HR weanies in the same forum! LOL! Ah, but I am retired now... I remember all of the hopelessness weeding through all of the applications and resumes! Ugh! Traded resumes for actual weeds! LOL!

o

Wow! That would be awesome, Laurie! I will definitely pass your name along to my prayer group. That sounds like a great opportunity for you! :O)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here