Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diene_gw

UPDATE: Getting to know you monthly swap

diene
17 years ago

Hello All:

Here is the posting for the July swap, the rules are at the end of this post. I hope everyone will stay with us and we will get some new players. We will start pairing people on Sunday July 9th and packages need to be shipped by the end of the month. The idea is to get to know each other and spread a bit of joy.

Those of you who were in the first swap, please stay with us. Anyone else interested, please join. Send an e-mail if you are interested and I will pair people up. Please let me know if you were in the last swap and who your partner was so I will not put you with the same person. Thanks.

These boxes do not have to break the bank. The cost of the items is up to you. All of the items can be found either in your yards or at a nearby discount store or walmart.

Each month we will send a box containing the following:

1 plant, bulbs or cutting with basic care instructions, suitable for your partners zone.

2 packs of seeds suitable for your partners zone.

1 Garden decoration (birdhouses, signs, flags, feeders, chimes, figurines etc.)

1 sweet treat for your partner such as candy, gum or chocolate (Please notice if your partner is diabetic, PLEASE send labeled sugar free package)

1 small personal item for your partner such as Garden gloves, garden or hobby magazine, desk decorations, small picture frame, hand trowel, something related to a hobby or your partners pets, maybe something homemade. You get the idea.

I will have your trading partner lists ready on Monday the tenth of July

All packages should be mailed no later than the twentieth of the month.

If you can't trade for a month please let me know in advance (as much notice as possible). You can come back whenever your ready to trade again.

If you commit to a trade and can't follow through, please contact your partner and me.

Most importantly, enjoy and share something of yourself so that we can get to know each other. diene

Comments (63)

• lroyrose
    17 years ago

Hi!

I'm interested in staying. My partner for June was badtoad.

Liz

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello All:
    Below is the list for this month's swap. Simply Lisa please send me your list and address. I have Kelly in Florida's which I will send to you. I am not sure I have everyone in, anyone I missed please let me know and we can add to the list. If this continues for a while we should get to know everyone by their names. I am a bit confused by GW names and real names so I may have missed someone. Please let me know.

simply lisa to KellyinFlorida
    hummingbirddaisy to faithinfrogs
    debbya to rosefilly
    sguanzon to lroyrose
    amybabyboy3 to badtoad
    sheilaSchnauzie to mkruby7
    snyder to mimib1
    mimib1 to snyder
    ThreeShyAcres to scouttiegirl
    scouttiegirl to ThreeShyAcres
    mkruby7 to sheilaSchnauzie
    badtoad to amybabyboy3
    lroyrose to sguanzon
    rosefilly to debbya
    faithinfrogs to hummingbirddaisy
    diene to simplylisa

Let's try to get all packages out by July 28th so that we can get back on track for a monthly swap. Hopefully, Kelly will be back by the end of the month but if not, who wants to try to do August? Let's have fun. diene

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

I will take on August if Kelly isn't back by then.

I need my partners address. Should I have that somewhere?

Lets enjoy this month!
    Thanks Diene for hosting July!

Tina

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    Here is the story, I do not have anyone's questionaires or addresses. I do have a blank copy which I will post with this message. My suggestion has been to find your partner using their GW name and e-mail them your questionaire with your address. If anyone does not know how to do this, please contact me directly and I will help you get this done.
    QUESTIONAIRE
    Please email your answers to your partner and also include your Gardenweb name, real name and mailing address.
    Are you Diabetic or on a sugar free diet?
    What are you favorite sweet treats?
    What are your hobbies?
    Do you have a wish list of seeds ?
    Do you have a wish list of plants ?
    Do you have pets or favorite animals, what are they?
    What are your favorite colors?
    Do you have garden themes?
    Do you have news to share that might give your trading partner a gift idea for you?
    Example: Are you expecting a baby, grand child? Do you have a new pet, new house with a bare yard?

Thanks. diene

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Diene,
    I searched through all the old posts/threads for the Getting to know you swap, and can't find any by rosefilly? So, can't track her email address. She must of emailed you directly to join? Just a guess, or if I did miss the post.. I need stronger contacts! LOL!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Diene,

Rosefilly emailed me. So, I don't need your help afterall. ;)

Deb

• mkruby7
    17 years ago

I just wanted to let everyone know that I got my June box last Monday.

mkruby7

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello MK;
    That is great to hear. Sometimes even the best people get a little behind. I just hope that if that happens to someone in this swap they contact either their partner to let them know or me and I will forward the message. That goes along way to making these fun for everyone. I hope to have my box out by the end of the week. It is too hot today to even think about uprooting something. The weather is supposed to break tomorrow. Have a great week all. diene

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Hi MK,
    I still didn't receive my June box. Caperose emailed me and said a package would be sent. But, I haven't received anything to date.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Sorry, posted on the wrong thread. I thought this was the "Garden Decorating" and was trying to keep MK up to date on the status of a June package!

Deb

• snyder
    17 years ago

I sent mimib1(Brenda) box today, the conformation# is 0302 2940 0002 0654 3309 Ann

• candycow
    17 years ago

i would love to get in this for aug thanks candy

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Candy;
    Welcome to our group. Pay attention to this post as I am not running the August swap. Either we will have our leader Kelly back or one of the other members has agreed to run the swap. Also, your e-mail address is blocked on the GW site so we cannot communicate with you. You will need to fix that if you want to be part of the swap or e-mail the organizer directly. Thanks. diene

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I sent out my box to Gina (Rosefilly) today. USPS #0305 0830 0004 1527 2103.

• candycow
    17 years ago

how do i unblock the email

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Candy;
    You need to go to your profile and down at the bottom check that people can contact you via e-mail. Then we can communicate when you send messages. Right now the only way I can respond to you is to post on the round robin which is not ideal when you are sending personal information. Thanks. diene

• candycow
    17 years ago

hi onother stupid ? what profile i went to the page called my page and couldnt find it im not the smartest on this online stuff the thing i know how to do best is spend money lol

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Candy;
    When you look at the top of this page in the GardenWeb green stuff you will see the word "Welcome" followed by "your profile" or "log out". Click on the "Your profile" and it will take you to a page (they will probably make you sign in again.) On the bottom of this page is the option to allow members access to your e-mail. At present moment you have denied anyone access. You can let only members contact you or let anyone. I have mine set up for members only and I did not sign on for any of the additional offers but that is your choice. I hope this helps. diene

• candycow
    17 years ago

i did what you said we will see when i go back and check my profile it still says none i click save and then i sigh in again like it says still says none i have went round and round so you will have to see if it lets you email me

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Candy;
    Still not working, sorry but I am at a loss. You may want to try contacting GW to get some help. diene

• Rosefilly
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,

I got the best box from Debbya today after chasing it down.
    Deb sent me sunflower seeds,a barrel cactus,hoya curtisii,strawberries and cream hoya,string of beads,unknown succulent,hens and chicks, string of hearts, and Jade. I think I got everything listed. It was such a wonderful box. Thanks so much Deb. This was fun.

I hope you recieved mine today.

Gina

• MimiB1
    17 years ago

I received the greatest box from Snyder! It was chocked full of goodies - a plaque for my garden fence, great smelling candles, plant markers, treats that I can share with hubby, a precious angel, seeds, lotion, magazines plus MORE! It was such a treat to just open up and go through. Thank you so much! Ann, your confirmation number is 0305 2710 0001 9291 4150. Please let me know when it arrives....

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Melody,
    Your package went out today, I hope you enjoy! Amy

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Melody, The conf# is 03052200000134028646

• snyder
    17 years ago

I received a wonderful box today from mimib1 (Brenda) I received a very nice apple tea towel, 2 bags of my favorite candy, an oatmeal soap on a rope a jar of apple pectin body butter, a garden tool, treats for my shih tzu puppy, a maganetic notepad for my fridg, and a lovely picture frame for my furry friend, very cute. Thank you very much Brenda. I loved it all Ann, Oh yes a folk art wll pocket to put things in.

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

My box arrived from Rosefilly. The box was in transit 7 days, and sent by priority. The plants didn't make it, everything was cooked/crisp. But, it was the thought that went into making the box that counts! If the box would of arrived in the normal 'priority' time frame, I'm sure the plants would arrived in good shape.

Thanks Rosefilly, for being my July partner!

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    I am getting a bit frustrated because I have not been able to contact Simplylisa. I am supposed to be sending her a box but I have not heard from her. Does anyone know an alternate way to contact her? Can you get this message to her? Lisa can you contact me, please. If I do not hear from her soon I will assume she is not staying with this and I will send a box to Kelly instead. Are you out there Lisa?
    Is there anyone else who has not had any contact from their partner? Let us know. Thanks. diene

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

Hi Diene,

Sorry you haven't been able to contact me. I haven't recieved any e-mails from you, even though other GardenWeb members e-mail has came through fine and I check my spam folder daily. I read posts on here daily even if I don't find time to post back. Lately between our garden beginning to ripen, canning, Vacation Bible School and getting ready for my daughter's wedding August 5th. I have been very, very, very, busy, but that doesn't mean I have forsaken you guys. Kelly's box is ready to go except for one thing I'm trying to get finished before Friday and needing hubbie's paycheck on Friday to be able to pay the postage on my boxes. I am also sending you an e-mail so maybe you can reply to it and it will go through. Again I am sorry for frustrating you.

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Lisa;
    I received your message and sent you a blank copy of the questionaire as I do not have your info to pack a box. That is not really bad news as the two boxes I sent on Monday are lost somewhere in Post Office hell. Please send me your questionnaire so I can get your box out. Thanks. diene

• moms_garden
    17 years ago

sended romanda;s june's package. sorry, its late getting to you. hope you'll like everything.I never forgotten ya.
    sheila

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

HummingbirdDaisy...Tina Your package was shipped on Saturday July 29th. Hope you like and enjoy all the enclosed goodies I put in there for ya.

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

My box to Jodi-threeshyacres- will be going out tomorrow morning. So sorry for the delay. Things have been a bit crazy here the past few weeks. Things are getting back to normal and will have it out first thing tomorrow. Will post the conf# then. ~Heather

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

My box to lroyrose is going out today. I'll post the conf number later today!

Sue G.

• badtoad
    17 years ago

Hi,

My package to amybabyboy3 will be in today's mail. Was supposed to go yesterday, but my daughter forgot to stop at the post office. :/

The package to me from amybabyboy3 arrived yesterday. Thank you! It had many wonderful seeds including hollyhock, sunflowers, cosmos, bachelor butons and zinnias. Also tea, craft organizer case, cute sticky notes, and a little container with the word "home" on top.

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    It is officially August and so Tina (hummingbirddaisy) has agreed to handle the august swap. Tina can you start an August thread? For those of you in this swap, if you have not received or sent, please post this information so we know what is going on. I will post now that I sent to moms-garden who was my person but I also agreed to handle Kelly's partner who was Simplylisa and I have not sent her anything because I have not received her questionaire. I just decided as I was writing this, if I do not hear from her by tomorrow, I will just send a box of goodies. She did send me her address. How is everyone else doing? diene

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Lroyrose's box was sent yesterday, priority mail, conf # 0306 1070 0002 5709 3265. Hope she enjoys it!

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

The conf# for Jodi's box is:
    Hope you enjoy everything I picked out. Happy Gardening~Heather

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

There is a new thread for Aug. I forgot to put Aug in the thread. Sorry

Thanks, Tina

• mkruby7
    17 years ago

I have not received sheilaSchnauzie address or box from her. That is ok. As I have to drop out for now. I will be going in for a MRI for the pain I keep in my head and my right eye stop focusing (working).

mkruby7

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

debbiedo, here is your conf#0306 0320 0000 6866 7322

• threeshyacres
    17 years ago

Hello all,
    I am horribly late in sending 'scouttiegirl's' box. I will get it out today or tomorrow morning. I must apologize... I have recently found out that I'm pregnant for the third time, and as always, I have terrible morning sickness. I just don't even want to talk about it....blah!
    I will post with the confirmation number.
    PS...I received scouttiegirl's package today, but haven't opened it yet. I will post when I do.
    Thanks, scouttiegirl!
    Sincerely,
    Jodi
    'ThreeShyAcres'
    : )

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Melody,
    Thank you for my package. I can use the gloves and I love the body spray, cute card, seeds and candy. Thank you, Amy

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

I received Jodi's box. She sent me a rudbeckia goldstrum,a beautiful daisy magnetic notepad with magnetic pencil,seeds off my wants list, twizzlers--yummy, and adorable fish bags for the kids.
    Jodi, I wanted to say Congrats! I sure hope you fell better soon. I was very sick with both my kids. Nibble on lots of townhouse crackers. Seemed to help me. Hope the sickness passes soon for you.~Heather

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Hi ladies - Glad to see so many of you popping in! Beth, thank you for answering the questions about postage, etc.
    7 more days to get signed up for this month!
    Stay cool,
    Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Char - your box is on it's way dear.

Tina

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Tina, Thanks for letting me know that the box is on it's way. Can't wait to see what you have enclosed, I like surprises.
    Congrats to you Jodi on your third round of motherhood. I have 3 angels myself and they grow extremely fast so enjoy every moment with their blessed little hearts.

Peace and playin with nature
    Char

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

Hello everyone, I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know how sorry I am for disappointing everyone. I have not forgotten anyone. All of my boxes and/or trades will be out by Monday. I will post numbers or e-mail you indivivduallllu as I send them. A few of you may have known what happened but Ifear that most did not. Mu dear sweet computer hopeless hubby tried to respond to any e-mails that went through but he also deleted every e-mail whether he had answered it or not so if you have sent me an e-mail regarding anything or even just to say hi in the last few weeks please resend it. For those of you that did not know, I collapsed while working in the garden. According to my doctor I had severely deleted myself through overwork and stress. I had been tryiong to make sure my oldest daughter;s wedding was perfect, along with helping organize and teaching at vacation bible school, not only at my church but also at my mothers and my sister;s. Along with caring for the normal everyday, a very active 4 year old, my other sisters 2 children (1year and 3 years old) and of course trying to save my struggling garden from this horrible 100+ degree heat. We have also been having some money problems that has caused me to really stress out and work extra hours at my AVON business to help make sure we had food on the table. All in all I didn't take care of myself, especially bad since I am an old, out of shape, fat woman. LOL I ended collapsing and was outside, unconscious a good 15-30 minutes before my son found me. I ended up in the hospital for a severe heat stroke, dehydration and a dangerous drop in my blood pressure, caused by the heat stroke. My doctot under protest, she wanted me to stay there much longer, released me Friday nght so that I could attend my daughter's wedding shower Friday night and her beautiful wedding Saturday. I am sorry that I have not posted sooner but her wedding and reception were outside and I probably should not have been out there in the heat. I was only able to really get out bed yesterday and I still feel very weak. I wanted to let you all know that you mean the world to me and I would never cheat any of you on purpose. I will be sending everyone their boxes and trades, it may be slow going because my doctor has warned me to take things very slowly. If you haven't heard from me, either through GardenWeb or e-mail about a box or a trade,by the end of next week please e-mail me and remind me, my doctor says I may have also had something called a mini stroke and my memory is not what it should be. Please bear with me and remember I love you all.

PS I am so sorry KellyinFlorida that your box is so late. You will get it though. Also, I have not recieved a July box yet either. And regretfully, I will not be able to participate in August's RR. I am so sorry.

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Lisa & Kayla;
    I also want to apologize for the delay in sending your box. First I was waiting to hear from you and then life interferred. Anyway, you have a box heading your way with some live plants in it. They are not well marked so let me know if you need some help with identifying them. Hope you enjoy everything. Have a wonderful week. PS. the confirmation # is 01038555749732008104. diene

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

Diene,
    I could have swore that I had already posted on here about what a nice box you sent me. But it either got lost in cyberspace or I am getting more senile. LOL So I will just have to let everyone know again about my wonderfull box.

First there was a great Barbie of Swan Lake bath fizzie set for Kayla, there was thumbelina zinnia accent roll, 2 green candles, a green tea scented candle in a tin, a bag of asstorted daylilt seeds, some yellow foxglove seeds, same little bulbs (not sure what they are but Ican't wait until they grow so I can find out), a very pretty butterfly address book which I am going to use for all my GardenWeb friends, and 2 plants 1 I know is a Hosta just not sure what kind and they other is a nice clump of something but I can't tell what it is. I am thinking there was something else but it has slipped my mind, please remind if there was something else. Thank you for all of the nice things you sent.

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Lisa;
    It was some time ago but I think the bulbs were crocus, it should have been marked on the bag and the clump was I think Stella D'Oro yellow daylilies. I think there may have been a tiger lily bulb but I am not sure either. Hope they do well for you. Enjoy. diene