UPDATE: Swimming in Mirthy Manure

hazelnutbunny
16 years ago

Here we go....#8!!!

Comments (144)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I think I spelled it wrong, sounds like soap-a-pias, a Spanish light bread that is fried and fluffy, one side is really thin and you can butter it and put honey in it or use it to soak up juices from the dinner. Very good.

MMMMM taking those recipes too Melissa!!!!

Usually when I wear pants they stay up lol thats the joy of wearing skirts eh??? lmao yeah right!!!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Thank you sooooooooo much! I can not wait to start trying all the recipes! This is so awesome. One thing I know I am doing differently is using a pastry cutter. The pieces are definitely larger than what is in all of your recipes, I think this probably makes them more on the flakey side than the fluffy that I have been hunting for!

I will be fingering the dough from now on! Er, that didn't sound right but you know what I meant! LOL! Cutting and pasting the recipe! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

I think you need to keep one hand on the panties at all times, the other on the door handle, hm... need a 3rd hand for all the other stuff, oh well! Hehe! Just say a prayer that no one at work needs it when you're in there!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, what a hoot! The biscuits all sound SO GOOD! Have to try all those recipes soon! Tracy - we had meatloaf tonight too! 'Cept we had mashed potatoes and green beans with ours. My hubby loves cooked spinach, but the kids and I surely don't! Raw, in salads, yummy! Cooked and slimy, no thanks! Ick, ick, ick!!!

Wow - it has been quite a day! If 7 year old girls can get PMS, mine has it BIG TIME!!!! And an incredibly irritable daughter puts mom and siblings not in the best of moods, either! Fun, fun, fun it's been! Anyway, the day is almost over, and tomorrow should be much better! :)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Ooh becki, watch out. That can start years before the big "event". My old neighbor had 3 girls and each month all of them would start acting up right when SHE was about to hit her time. Ages ranged from 7 on up to 13 at the time. Oh, it was ugly over there. Couldn't believe how fast the young girls are developing. Training bras by 8-9 sometimes.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

"ick ick ick" You made me snort! Lol! But it is so gooooood for you! LOL! High in iron! Yumm-O

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Becki - I'll trade ya my irritable 11 year old son for your 7 year old grouchy girl!! :O) No...wait...on second thought...my 3 year old girl is pretty sassy at times, so I can only imagine what she'll be like in 7 years....think I'll pass... and wait a few more years... :O)

Seriously, though....any advice for the pre-teen boy years?? My son is going through that ackward stage, where he's starting to get the hormone surges..and so he's feeling more agressive..but he still want's to play with his little brothers...they just annoy the h**l out of him... and he is feeling like they are "babies" but he still likes them...but he doesnt' WANT to like them....

UGH...I don't know what to do with him..he's a sweet boy, just....I dunno...he's my baby, a momma's boy..so...maybe that's the problem right there...
    I don't want him to grow up!! *sniff* Wwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!! :O(

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Oooh, I looked them up! I had those 10 years ago on our honey moon. They had sugar and cinnamon on them. Soooo, good. I read that they sometimes stuff them with savory ingredients too. That could be fun.

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm all for raw spinach...yummy....but the green, oozy, slimey cooked stuff..like what grows in the fish tank?? BLECH!!
    I'm right there with Becki....ICK ICK ICK ICK.
    I'd rather eat liver and onions. Well...almost. Okay, I'd rather eat honey than either of those. :O) And that's saying alot for me....Yuck....
    *shudder*

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

That is a hard stage. When Ted went through it we only had one other little one at the time. It is rough, I used to hug him when he started acting up. I would also make sure I spent time alone with him and start telling him stories of how my brother or mom or dad used to bug the daylights out of me. I think it let him know it was ok not to like everyone around him all the time and then he started telling me when he had a bug in his ear about something. We ended up having great chats and we still do. At 17 that is quite a miracle. I thank god he tells me stuff.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Couldn't help ya there Becky, I have all boys, and I would argue with anyone that says the male variety doesn't get PMS!!!! Round here the guys outnumber me so I just keep ma mouth shut when they are PMSing!!!! (well most of the time!) But I guess I don't lmao, thank goodness for lexapro! As far as training bra's go lmao I just in the past couple of years have outgrown one of those slingshots!! and I am 40!!!! OOPS 41!!! But girls are maturing body wise alot faster than we did when I was young!!! I can't imagine having daughters, my luck they would have been just like me and I would have been in a mental health facility in a padded room right now!!! Sheesh I know that God knows me wayyy good to have given me all boys!!!! I think I'll be ok with grand-daughters some day!!!
    The portacan is outside (of course) and it has a lock on it at work lol but I just went and looked at it then decided to go behind a truck trailor lol. I was covered from sight and had some tissue lol.

This getting up early (6.5) is kinda hard to get used to after not having to get up for a couple years!!! Killing me here!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Boing, boing, boing, boing, boing!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

PUBERTY!!!!! I remember those days!!! All three of my boys and I have always been very close BUT>>>> the ages are like the babyhood stages if ya think about it. They just rotate! Cole was starting to go through puberty when he left. He was Mommas boy for sure, the baby of the family and of course the prankster (don't know where he got that from uhhhmmm) Nan and Alan were hades on wheels, lots of showers and lots of soap used, then the mouthing and temperment issues. It comes back at 17 trust me!!! Then once they hit 18/19 and up the return to us mommas lol. So Nan (all grow'd up at 23) and Alan (all grow'd up at 19 today) are back to loving their momma lol. They are old enough now to deal with their stages of "terrible two's turning teens" all by themselves lol.

Ladies.... Helppp meee I am sooo sleepy, need some spinach and liver I think!!!! I do take Centrum (not silver yet) with energy vitamins but sheesh this new schedule hopefully won't take that much longer to get used to eh???

• medontdo
    16 years ago

man, i have to write all them down!! LOL i love all these recipies! but my but and thighs even bigger!! LOL oh vela, such pretty pics! i just love them! :') tonight we had zuccini slices seasoned w garlic and pepper, slap your mama, and a lice of tomatoe then garlic and pepper and slap your mama again! LOL baked for 30 min. was good, woulda been awesome if we had mozzerrela cheese and maybe some colby on top! and on mine, some chopped jalepeno.

• medontdo
    16 years ago

frozen spinach in quiche cups w bacon is really good, but i like them with lots of.......cheese!! LOL

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lol I think ya better explain to the Ladies what Slap Your Mama" lol. I know but Imma wondering how many of these women know. Dang you are a hot mama girlie girl. That sounds really good! Imma gonna send ya some jalepeno jelly that I made its yummy.

OHHHH I forgot to fill ya'll in on the plant markers! I painted on some earlier but got sleepy, they are sooo cute, I think so anyways!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

LOL! Yep, Dave even thinks Lily at 2 has her time of the month! As far as the whole hormone stuff, Dylan did pretty well with it, so far. Thank God! William is still a little young - but he gets into it pretty good with his sisters! Carl and Ray were, well, more I was pretty young when they went though it, I guess, and I think I chalked it up more to the whole new family thing than anything else. Boy, did we have our times!! And poor Dave was stuck in the middle of it. Not a fun time! But, everything has turned out good, so I guess we must have done things at least somewhat right!

Yeah, I don't know how I am going to live with 2 girls as they get older! I think so far the boys have been way easier than the girls! I keep telling Dave we really need to find a way to put in a second bathroom, because when those girls start wanting to do their hair and makeup, one bathroom with one electrical outlet just ain't gonna cut it! I know, I had 2 sisters, and we had 3 bathrooms, thank goodness!

OMG - that is so funny that 6:30 is early to you! I'm not trying to make fun, trust me. That's just funny to me! Our alarm goes off at 5:30, and it's not unusual to be up before then. Dave and I used to do a daily paper route (a couple years ago), and that was tough! We had to get up at 3:00 or so! Not fun! We had to be in bed by 8:00, with everyone knowing that if someone called us after that, we were'nt going to be happy! My sister is still scared to call us after 8:00!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

LOL I know, GO AHEAD AND LAUGH AT ME!!!! PPPHHHHTTTT!!! LOL. I used to get up early and enjoy the sunrise so now I have to get used to it again. Fox and I used to sit on the front porch before work and drink coffee and talk lol that hasn't happened in a long LONG time. I got lazy lol!
    Ya'll are such good mommas! I know you did good Becky and it sounds like you have a good man beside you! Its nice to be part of a group of beautiful women that have such love for their families and friends. I am really blessed thats forsure

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i think males do, they get pretty moody once a month!! ;'(
    although my boy can get pretty moody alot!! but hubby does at least once a month for a few day's so i tell him, what are ya on your rag?? LOL i know, it's a really bad thing to say but he just looks at me funny and then gets over it most generally,
    ok, i don't know if this counts as the most embarrassing story, but here goes, when i was getting ready to have talla, i wanted them to give me an enneima, but they said, oh don't worry, i have a coat, but i was worried, cuz my brother was gonna be in there with me and i havent been, ya know in abt a week, well to say the least they didn't, so when she finally came, grant (hubby) was at the end holding my leg and jared (my brother) was holding my hand. well wouldn't ya know it, i crapped all over the table! and we're all about to puke! and my poor brother!! LOL

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No one ever warns ya about that stuff, do they, Michele?? :O) AT least, my momma sure didn't!!

My hubby delivered the girls, and THAT'S embarrassing.... having your hubby see you literally turn inside out...and then cleaning you up afterward...makes you wonder how he can EVER see your body in an amorous way again....LOL :O)

• medontdo
    16 years ago

LOL that's a mix of seasoning from down south my mom picked up! actually she got me two of them, one red and one white, i love spicey stuff!! i go to sam's club and buy jalepeno's by the gal i think. put it in the food processor and let it chop it up so it mixes in with the food really good!! LOL it's good for a diarettic (sp)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lol Medont lol you really do remind me of me saying that to Fox lol, nice or not thats the exact words I use lmao.

We'll on the story bit.... Birth itself is kinda gory so at least ya werent stuffed anymore eh????

Smiles
    Pixie

• medontdo
    16 years ago

yep i love it one pizza, all cheesy, then it evens itself out!! LOL you know whats really good? lasagna!! haven't had that in ages!! LOL

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

It sure is good for that!!! Just makes ma behonkis burn!!!! BUT I love stuffed jalepenos with ranch! Nothing better! I also love stuffed banana peppers (what are they called? mind blank here).

I go to New Orleans a couple times a year and Lousianna several times a year and get the Slap Your Mama and just plain Tobasco Sauce by the case. Fox uses it on his sannys (I think he does that so I don't ask for a bite of his sanny after he makes it lol) Here I go to the market and get peppers and make ma own hot sauce (too hot for me but the guys love it)

• beckilove
    16 years ago

That all sounds too hot for me! You hot, hot women! A nice sweet green pepper is about as hot as I'll go!

Well, after a trying day with the kids, hubby is upset too - money, as it always is. I'm ready to throw in the towel for today and hit the sack! Might check in later if that doesn't happen, though!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

mmmmm Lasagna!!!! I want someeeee!!!! Gonna have to wait for the weekend though sunshine! I LOVE Italian especially lasagna and also Portabellas grilled drizzled with olive oil and garlic mmmmmm YUMMY I love mushrooms of anykind!!!!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay...I was sitting here thinking that Slap your mama was like an expression...ya know, sorta like Emeril's BAM!
    lol :O)
    But it's spicy, right?? Man, hubby would LOVE that! He's a big jalopeno guy, buys the big 4 quart jar of them everytime we go shopping...makes his own salsa, cuz the store's ain't hot enough!! But at least with all the hispanics living around here, spicy food is getting easier to find!! :O)
    Ahhh....just take a walk downtown sometime, and pass by all the homes at supper time...so many different smells..spicy and sweet....
    Yummy.
    Now I"m hungry.
    :O)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Thats soo true Melissa, never thought about it that way but then too it was his fault so he can get past that eh?

Whats funny Becky is.... I don't like Bell peppers lol, weird eh?

The only child D. Fox was there to deliver was Cole lol ironic eh? Alan was born early and quick so Fox was at work and didn't even know bout him being born til that evening lol, no cell phone or pager lol. But then I don't think that the hubbys were really looking at all the poop and blood, they were soo proud that they had a new lil one to care about rather than the mess.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Melissa, your hubby would love Slap Your Mama then!!!! I also have a chili recipe that I think ya'll would like, its a homemade recipe though.

Sheesh I forgot to find ma grannys biscuit recipe today dangit.

Sorry.
    I don't have a recipe but I have a container with all the things I put in the chili and a list of the meats and beans I use. Ya can make it as hot as ya want. I make it for us in the winter. I also made it for Kimmies hubbys poker party (bunch of Houston cops lol) they loved it!!! Like I said its one of those recipes ya just have to add to taste.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

went and got my container of spices lol now ma office smells like spices, I think mostly oregano lol
    Gonna have to write it all down then post it. lol

There is Mesa, spices, meat, beans, and its all done in kinda layers, you will see what I mean lol. Kinda like making enchilada sauce almost lol.

HMMM Mexican Oregano, Cummin, Menudo Mix, crushed red pepper, paprika, chili pepper, sausage, ground beef, ground venison, chili meat, mesa, red beans, chili beans, pinto beans, hmmm let me write it all out then post it. much easier that way lol

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay, girls!!! Last call for embarrassment stories!!
    We'll take a vote tomorrow, and then I'll mail out the prize to the winner!!!! :O)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I like the Vaccuum story best Melissa!!! Thats my Vote.

Pixie

• medontdo
    16 years ago

ya! me too! LOL i like them all! is too bad just to knock your kids out? i mean really=? they'd be asleep. i tell them to sleep, they don't even pay attention to me. but if i say fine, you get the paddle, then all of a sudden i just might register to them. that sucks!!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, I definitely like Pixie's RUNNING BARE story. That one takes the cake. LOL

And I"m not eligible for the prize anyway...so you girls will have to pick another story!!! :O)

• medontdo
    16 years ago

today the kids and i were shucking corn, so i had to show him how a mexican woman showed me how to shuck one in hypermart. i said pull the hair all the way down to the butt on one side, if ya can pull the butt off go ahead, then go ahead and pull the hair all the way down on the other side all the way dow to the butt. he just looked at me all funny!! LOL just as i looked at that lady i'm sure, cuz she just laughed at me like i laughed at him. :')) but it's so much simpler that way!! LOL

• medontdo
    16 years ago

all of them win in one way or another don't ya! I MEAN HEY, we had to tell someone, LOL but runnin naked, omg i could not do that, i don't really think! LOL a fly is sitting on the pc watching me, how wierd is that??

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sing it now....*Shelly shucked corn, and I don't care...Shelly shucked corn and I don't care! Shelly shucked corn..and I don't caaaaaaarrrre....Shucked it down to the butt..without hair.*

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lol ya could if a skunk was chasing ya!!! TRUST ME!!!! I don't think either Fox nor I was worried about us being nekkie we were just tryin to avoid a long lasting perfume or obviously a rabid skunk!!! lol Sad thing is .... it really broke the romantic mood!!! Hmmm Nah, I know thats not why Fox has his problems lol.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lmao Imma gonna have that song in my head all night and prolly all day tomorrow Melissa lol.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Well Sweet Ladies, Imma gonna go find ma pillow, its calling me. I'll be singing bout Shelly shucking corn all day tomorrow cause its stuck in ma head, just wait, I'll have it stuck in Alan's head too before work tomorrow lol.

Ya'll have a great night, good dreams and be safe!

Niters,
    Pixie

• medontdo
    16 years ago

LOL sleep tight pixie, i'm watching my two fight about how they are gonna hit each other with their bare fists and everything in the house over one spot in the house. 6 years age diff between them two, she'll win!! we know this!! till mom brings out the paddle! LOL and melissa you are so funny!! i had to tell tabor abt that!! LOL

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i actually have to go shower up, the old man will be home from his 2nd job in a few hours, he's so tired. at least its only 15 minutes away. instead of like 40! LOL :'))

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good night girls!! Be gooooooooood. :O) (yeah. right.) :O) lol

• medontdo
    16 years ago

good night hnb sleep good!! don't doo anything i wouldn't do! :'>> LOL

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Oh fine, I just get out of the shower and finish talkin to the hubby, he falls asleep and I come back in here and you all are going to bed! Figures! LOL!

• gailclark101
    13 years ago

I heard that swimming here is good. I wanted to try swimming here and perform some workouts here sometime. Thanks!

• veeja11
    13 years ago

Hi all, wondered where you were Pixie, haven't seen you in awhile, knew if it was manure bunny would be here. do you all trade ?

• veeja11
    13 years ago

remember now think I was kicked out of this group, have missed you tho pixie

• Debra Andruska
    13 years ago

Carol,
    These messages are from '07, a long time ago. Someone bumped up the thread. Pixie hasn't been on any group for a long time. I miss Trina too! ;)

Hugs,
    Deb

• veeja11
    13 years ago

Ty darn I thought I had found Trina, miss her