Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Another Pile of Mirthy Manure

Posted by hazelnutbunny 7A (hazelnutbunny@hotmail.com) on
Thu, Jul 26, 07 at 21:07

The other thread is almost finished, time to start a new one! Number 6! Are we going for a record, ladies?? :O)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Another Pile of Mirthy Manure

lol you sweet wild woman Melissa!!! Gonna miss your laughter M-W though! I got ma roses, bronze ajuga, outdoor cactus (forgot the name, will have to look), and unknown succulent ground cover that Beb sent me planted. I am sooo excited and I know that I can't watch them daily or they will never grow.
I think I need some advice on the daylilys though, I read up on them and learned that they like at least 6 hours of sun a day. I have read on here that they are very addictive so I want to see if they will grow for me. The one (yes ONE) I have in front has beautiful foilage but hasn't bloomed and its been there since March! I ordered ... Rosy Pink, Red, Pink, Melon, Orange, Hyperion, Bi-color, Royal Red, Nearly Black, and Prairie Blue Eyes Daylilys. I hope they will grow when I put them in the ground, just trying to decide where they need to go. Any help will be loved!!! (been rehearsing "I can do it, I can do it, I can do it" alot!!!)

o

I have daylilies in light shade and they seem to like it there. My soil is even extremely rocky and clayish (weird combo, I know...) and they are STILL doing great!
So I think the day lily experts are just trying to make it sound hard...to make themselves look better. LOL :O)

As for addictive.....YES YES YES!!!! LOL I want one of EVERY COLOR!!!! :O) So far, I've only got 5 different ones, and that's thanks to ROXANNE!!! *awesome lady* :O)

Up until a few months ago, I never knew they came in any other color but orange.... :O)

o
DayLilys

Melissa, Thank you for that tidbit. This will be a trial, but chug a chug a chug I can do it!!! Its pretty much all clay here as we live in the rice patty area lol. I have mixed topsoil and planting soil in with all my beds and pretty much over the yard too. Then I also mix in compost to my soil in the beds. The perfect place to plant them, I think, would be on the west corner of my yard where nothing is planted except a saga palm AND an Avacado Tree. The only thing is that its shaded all day from the Av. tree. (which hopefully will produce this Fall, its between 10-12 yrs old, can't remember exactly what year I put the seed in the ground.) Or I could plant them around the pond on the lattice side but I have climbing roses there and some glories and red cardinal starting to vine up. Hmmm where to plant where to plant. I have a huge yard but I have to remember Rebs. and Mud and I really think that those big ox's will demolish them. OHHH I will plant them on the south side of the yard near where I planted the iris' !!!!
We will see how addictive they are to me lol if they grow then I'll be happy, if they don't then Imma givin them to you!!! Is it too late to plant them now for blooms???

Pixie

o

I don't think it's too late for blooms, depending on the variety of daylily. Some are rebloomers, and will keep making flowers all summer, but others only bloom once and they're done. I have one that rebloomed after I transplanted it, so anything's possible! :O)

Day lilies and roses are my weakness.....I can pass up any other flowers..but those...Gotta have those!!! :O)

o

Pixie, I haven't gotten a chance to welcome you yet. This thread just goes entirely too fast for me sometimes. I get busy outside and by the time I get around to checking on it, 50 posts have been made! Welcome!

Bunny is right; daylilies are addictive!!!!! I have almost 200 different ones (about 100 are un-named seedlings. A few years ago all I knew were 'ditch' lilies and 'Stellas'. Then I found ebay!!!!!! I've been a lost cause ever since.

I think daylilies are one of the easiest perenniels to grow. Let's face it......if they can grow in a ditch ..... they can grow anywhere. But to get the best bloom they need at least 6 hrs. of sun and plenty of water without being soggy. I'm including a website link that might help. Maybe we can make a certified DayLily addict out of ya too!!!! :)

HNB, I love the new name of the thread.....'Mirthy Manure'.....you are too much! LMAO

Rox

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Grow Daylilies

o

Hello Pixie et al;
Daylilies tend to not bloom in the first year of a transplant. That does not mean anything except they are aclimating themselves to their surroundings. They usually do well in the second year and as long as it is not full shade, they are fine. If you have foilage, you are golden for future years.
Welcome, if I have not said hello yet. I feel like the grandmother here although I promise you, I am not that old (half of my friends are grandmothers, never mind) diene

o

Vela-the red lilies if you plant them now, some might bloom next year. If you wait until Spring to plant, they will grow, but not bloom until the following year.

o
OhMyGoodness!

200????????????????!!!!!
RoxANNE!!! I am envious. Heck, Jealous, even!!! LOL
I can not WAIT until I have daylilies everywhere....!! :O)

o
Sorry, Closet confession time

Sorry Becki, I have a confession to make. I am quite the women's libber. I know, kind of weird for a stay at home mom, but it's true. When I hear comments like that My IRISH gets up in a nasty way.

My best friend in the whole wide world works really hard every day doing IV's at a nursing home 3 times a day/7 days a week, stays home and takes care of the house the rest of the day and works 2 nights a week 3rd shift at another nursing home. Her hubby makes cracks to her all the time and it drives me nuts. Just last week he called her lazy, amongst many other things.

He is a fireman, works 24 hours off 48hours and plenty of bury days in between. He goes fishing, hunting, hiking, birding many times a month and just takes off. He is very particular about what she cooks, how she washes clothes, what she should clean while he is gone and what should be taken care of before he gets back home! Then proceeds to drop his stuff all over the house and wonders why she hasn't picked it up fast enough. I want to murder him.

So, I am sorry. I went ballistic. Like a bull, I saw red. Hanging my head : (

Mariann: That was way too cute! I love it. Will you teach me? I have Paint and a couple of different program that I could probably use. Not sure how to go about getting started, though. Help me?

All of us in general: The lack of affordable insurance for families and the lack of employment in this country is really getting me mad. We have our own business- Bricklaying. Our insurance skyrocketed last year to 1252.00 per month. We had to dump it for an individual plan which has higher co-pays, higher deductibles, higher rx coverage, higher everything. I hate this. My kids shots are not covered. hate it, hate it, hate it. We need to start writing letters to those idiot representatives we have in the house and senate. I don't know if they actually read these or not but I am ready to start blasting them with mail. I figure it can't hurt. Maybe they will get annoyed like I do when I keep getting junk mail and then they can't ignore us.

o
Gonna Do IT

Thanks Diene,Rox, and Melissa,
I KNOW now that I won't pull up the one I have out front cause it hasn't bloomed, Thanks Diene. All this advice gives me confidence! Thank you Rox for the site, I saved it so I won't bug ya'll so much lol. Thank you also for the welcomes. Dang with 200 you must MUST have the back 80 covered in Lilys!!!! This also helps me narrow down where to plant them! I am going to plant them next to the iris' I just brought home from my dads house. Its along the south fence that connects to the east section of the house, but NOT under the shade of the avacodo tree! Plenty of sunshine! Also here, it seems to rain every couple of days (coastal showers they call it) but when it doesn't rain I water, I can kill cacti trust me! (over watering, thats why I have them out front out of reach from the water hose!!!!! (ok so I am a water baby!)
If I do get addictive LOOK OUT!!! Diene, lol I like the NM on the grandmother thing. The best wine is mellow but some of the most mellow wines are not aged that much! ;)

Smiles,
Pixie

o
Back to normal now, Rant is over.

Alrighty then! Congratulations Vela on a great box of goodies! All of that sounds soo great!

HNB: That makes me sad, I won't be seeing you in my late night romps online as much! Sad! Sad! Sad!

Well, the b-day dinner went very well! Yay, he liked his present! Seafood Cracker Set!
Say Hi to Ed!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is Ed on Crabs:

He is a big goofball. He is making fishy faces for me. That is Ted on the right. Ed is pretty funny, every year I make all this food and he sits there and gorges himself on the crab legs for an hour. I sit and watch. I hate seafood. I am always finished with my dinner waaaay before he is done cracking legs and then he moves on to the side dishes!

o
Belt Size

I know this has nothing to do with gardening but I thought it was funny. YES I LAUGHED at this. I USED (note the USED) to weigh 97 lbs, hubby told me my behonkis bones hurt him so I couldn't sit on his lap. I gained to 103 and kept that weight until Cole left. After that I gained ALOT!!! So lately (well this week since I have started working) I have been trying on all the cute belts I USED to wear lol well tonight I pulled my LONG belt outta the closet (it matches ma black clogs, no I am not gothic. (I was getting my clothes ready for tomorrow) I plan on wearing a blue jean skirt, black short sleeve turtleneck and my black belt. I had fox put it around him to see where it fit him at (one of those belts that hangs down) SHEESH!!!! The dang thing fit him WAY better than it fit me!!!! My goal to be back in my old clothes is the second week in October but sheesh I may just end up giving fox my old clothes as they fit him better!!! and he is not a little guy! (just skinnier than I am, how depressing eh???) Thats why I laughed!!!!

o
Another Soap box for the Bunny

Okay...I just got off my soap box in the other thread..I'm climbing back up.
My husband has been looking for a part time job for the last 6 months, and cannot find anything. Even McDonalds will not hire him, because he works full time somewhere else. So what if the full time job doesn't cut it? Geeze..they just want the teenagers. Not any family guy needing to make a living and pay for his kids' braces.
Which BY THE WAY, the ArKids does NOT cover, even though it is medically necessary. My son's teeth are SIDEWAYS for heaven's sake!!! The dentist was even astonished! (VERY small mouth, like his mommy. Ok, Small but LOUD) :O)

ANYWAY. So I'm working extra hours at a job that does NOT pay overtime, adn which really doesn't pay well at all, less than mickey D's would, but since it's only 3 miles from my house, can't knock it, right?? :O)
ANWAY. Working overtime to pay for the kid's braces, and just to buy groceries, which we live on beans and rice, because the price of gas is so outrageous, and we have to make a 60 mile round trip to hubby's work and the kids's school everyday..

And it just shouldn't be so DAD GUM HARD for an honest hard WORKING FAMILY to make it in this DAD BLAME country.

THAT'S what gets me. Land of Opportunity, my foot!!! Phooey.

Oh Okay. That's enough getting my heartrate going tonight. Gotta breathe or I"m gonna pass out. LOL :O)
I'd have a big ol keyboard imprint on the noggin.
Owie.
:O)

o
Ignore the bunny.

Okay, all. I appologize for my attrocious behaviour.

In my defense, the guy that was at work before me today ate all the snickers' out of the candy dish in the break room, and left only the reece's cups.

I don't like that guy.

Don't mess with a Chocolate-less Bunny.
They get VERY grumpy.

o
Soap Box Bubbles

I tried Mickey D's Melissa and I agree they want teenagers!!! I KNOW how you feel. TX really sucks on insurance, I have no medical insurance (everyone else does in the family). Even when Cole left if it weren't for fox's company we'd had been high and dry. (He was driving a co. truck when the accident happened). To get me to keep from "sueing" the company they offered a settlement. Like I am going to sue my own husband or his company for a total accident!!! Made me sick, what made me even sicker was the death taxes. You really don't want to get me started on this topic, not after what I went through with my mom trying to get ssi and she was handicapped due to polio. I will just say that the system needs to change but I honestly don't think it will.

ok, still smiling,
Pixie

o
Chocolate Supply

<<<<~~~~ KNOWS that I am going to make sure the Bunny has a supply of Chocolate!!! Imma gonna put days of the week on them too just so she knows when to eat them!!!! We don't want no bunny that goes through the cabbage too fast then turns into the WereRabbit!!! ;) ;) ;)

Love ya Melissa and breathe girlie breathe!
Pixie

o

Trina-----Did you say 97#'s???!!!???!?!?!?!?!!?
Good grief, girl....I have NEVER weighed that little in my adult life. Not since 6th grade, was I that little!!!

Sheesh...what are you up to now, a scale breaking 105?? LOL :O) You really ARE a teeny pixie, aren't ya??

LOL :O) :O) :O) :O) :O)

Thanks for making me smile...! I really REALLY HATE to be grumpy. Don't happen that often anymore, but when it does...Geeze, I hate it.

:O) :O) :O) :O) :O) :O)

o
Tracy!

Okay...gotta say it, cuz I don't think anyone else will.

Your hubby is hunky. ;O)

There.

You may slap me now. :O) LOL :O)

o
Crab Legs

Dang Tracy,
You come here NOW, come to my house and make crab legs for me and I'll make s'gettie, lasagna, chicken fried steak, whatever for you!!!!!! I LOVE crab legs!!! Seafood!!! but I am the only one in this group of pansys that does so I don't cook it. Your "Ed" looks like the guy from "The Italian Job" "Handsome Hank" lol. Those "legs" in front of him make me hungry for crab legs. Gonna have to go out tomorrow night to celebrate ma new job. Gonna make Fox take me to "Joes CrabShack"! (either that or go fishing ourselves lol)
Pixie

o
Laughing Out Loud Now

LOL Melissa, it really is scary how we think alike!!! lol and btw no I weigh lots more than 105, I weigh more now than when I was preggo with any of my boys! I am not ashamed to admit it cause I do have a goal and I WILL get there! My goal is to fit into anywhere between size 3-6. Right now I am wearing a size 12 and am not buying anymore clothes so I have to lose. Last dr. appt. I weighed 153 and I am 5'2". It is all cervesa belly trust me, that and lack of exercise and from becoming a hermit! But just for health reasons I need to lose this belly. (Plus I get asked all the time when ma baby is due! lol if only it could have gone to ma T or A!!!! Go figure!)

o

Wow...I actually got to read this whole thread. I don't even know where to begin. I am so sorry about all of you girls insurance issues. I wish there was something we could do about it. I, fortunately, have never had a problem with it, but my sister does...and she has three kids. What really aggrivates me (she has medicaid) is that her boys were not "cut" when they were babies (because insurance does not cover it), so now it gets infected, and insurance will not authorize surgury, or whatever needs to be done, because it is not medically necessary. Not necessary my butt! They are always having problems with it. And they have to go to the doctor all of the time for it. I think it is thier way of saying "Ha! Now we get even more of your money..." UGH! Freaking insurance! I'd like to give them a piece of my mind.

anyway...pixies....I did not realize that you are in Texas too....which part are you in?

HNB...how dare he take all of the Snickers! How unfair! I myself am not a candy person, but I can never resist a snickers...especially the miniature ones... :o)

Sorry if there are any typos...it is getting late.

OHHHH!!!! I almost forgot!!! I have the interview tomorrow at 2pm!!!

Laurie

o
Sir MixaLot

Bohiney and hips, for me. I use to be such a nice hourglass...now I"m definitely a pear. *sigh* 5 kids will do that to ya, I hear. Oh well. Good thing hubby's a hiney guy. :O) lol

o
Prayers for Laurie

Ok Laurie, gonna really pray hard for you at 2pm CT for your interview. I live west of Houston in Katy. I am not a sweet person either, a package of M&M's will last me several months.
Pixie

o
Yay! Laurie!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Laurie!!

o
lol You HazelNut

lol I wish fox were well nm, since the accident he hasn't been the same, I will stop at that, no, lets just say his mind takes matters over how's that? He's one of those "manly" guys that won't go to the dr for help with the problem, so trust me the icecream man sounds cool! lol sorry I had to say that sheesh! Ya'll have already corrupted me now between naked lady plants, hairy ball plants, tootsie rolls, and popsicles I am doomed! lol

o
Nope.

Oh, yeah...guess we should've mentioned that, pixie...
Once you're in the group, you can't get out....Nobody leaves THE GROUP!! *evil laughter* (music of doom playing in the background..."Bom..Bom..BOM"...)

o
Neighbors

WHAT???? Katy??? I live off of 249 and 1960 (Jersey Village area). Not too far from you at all! How cool! A neighbor!

I am the type of person that really does not like chocolate. I guess I ate too much growing up as a kid.

Thanks for the support girls! I will let you know how it goes when I get home tomorrow. :o)

Laurie

o

man i wasn't a size 12 since like 7th grade! geezh!! and my goodness tracey! no wonder your so happy!! i would be too! LOL i am, mine is a cop, firefighter, emt, truckdriver (at one time) w no teeth. has false that i paid for and never wears them, errrrr!!! LOL he changed the date on recieving our fridge, he thought our water got shut off yestrday, i said so, i want my fridge anyhows!!!! LOL that's ok, it's saturday, it'll give me time to move stuff around. LOL i just read the last part of your thing pixie! LOL i have tooo much t n a LOL and belly i told hubby if i turn around i can see my but either way!! LOL yep i'm 5'2 over 220 this morning, i was 216 then i don't know, i gained it back w the kids driving me nuts here lately!!!! roxy did you ever get my package??

o

LOL thats ok Melissa, I feel like I fit right in, Thank ya'll.
Whoohooo Neighbor Laurie!!!! just a hop skip and jump, less than a stones throw away if ya have a good pitchin arm!!!! That is soo cool!!!!

o
This weekend

I bet if I yell really loud you could hear me. LOL.

Ok ya'll. I am going to bed. I will not be on here much this weekend. My birth control will be here. (that is my nephew by the way) My mom is bringing him down here. So I will be spending most of my time with them. I may come back with no hair. If I do, just look the other way. LOL.

o
Lots to Luv

Fox also is a firefighter and also works Fire Suppression on rigs, plants, here, around the country and overseas, and also on the deep water rigs. Needless to say he travels. I really love you guys, ya'll really know how to make a person feel so welcome and smile. I like the honesty and upfrontness of you ladies. I hope you get your fridge in and everything arranged just how you want it Medo.
Whoohooo I can finally say this again..... TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!!! (days of the week used to not matter with me but now they do!!!)
PSSS. I will take donations for the T & A part of ma anatomy!!!
Pixie~

o

Aw, shucks ladies, my hubby would blush if he knew ya'll were talkin' bout his looks. Grin. He'd kill me if he knew I posted those! LOL! He doesn't know he's handsome. Really gets him going when I tell him I like his parts. He's huge. 6'4, gigantic chest, big hands, cute hiney. Great, now I'm all warm and fuzzy. Grin ; ) We are a great fit with me being so tall too. He makes me feel tiny. Love that!

Too bad he filled up on dinner and is zonked on the couch! he he.

Pixie: I have never been a small gal. Always tallest in the class until 8th grade. Ugh, made meeting boys pretty hard. Had a great figure in HS but didn't know it. Took a long time to feel good about my size. Funny how looking at old pictures makes you realize how good looking you were and also remembering how yucky you used to feel about yourself back then. Waste of time. Of course now I have 5 kids, did some damage on the waist line with that! Got pretty heavy over the winter but am working it off in the garden as much as possible. I am finding that the more active I am the better I feel. Getting the weight down has definitely helped with the joint issues. Now I have to get my sleep issues under control and I will feel like a million bucks.

Laurie: Good luck tomorrow. I will pray super hard for you. I have been at it dilligently!

HNB: I won't slap ya. Maybe a pinch... I'll give him a smooch for ya. We had reese's peanut butter ice cream cake for dessert. YUCK! I hate those too. They are ed's fav though. Blech.

Boy, wouldn't it be fun to get together? Big old picnic, lots of food and gab! Everyone bring someone else's favorite foods! I have a huge steamer pot. Crab legs for everyone! I will be taking contributions for that of course. LOL!

o

Hhmmmm....We should do a group calendar. Get all our hubbys/boy friends to pose.

Could be interesting. lol :O)

Here's mine with the baby. (I've got better pics, but I can't let ya'll see them. lol ) :O)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o
Niters

You have a great Weekend Laurie. Imma gonna go to bed also, Ya'll have good dreams and I will check in in the morning and will be home round 5:30 tomorrow then lookout weekend!!!! I have it full and going to get these markers done!
Niters all and be safe!
Pixie

o
update

AWWW had to say some more!!! Awesome Melissa!! You have a cutie too!
Tracy thats a great Idea! If only it could happen! Sheesh I'd love to be tall lol ain't gonna happen though without platform heeled shoes! Imma gonna have to send a picture of Fox to someone and have them post it on here cause I don't know how to post pics on here yet. I sent some of my garden to Melissa and (Melissa) you are welcome to post them, I just haven't figured out how to yet.

o
another PS

Tracy, I also have sleep issues, I hate to go to sleep and I hate to wake up after I go to sleep. I take melatonin (natural) for it and it helps.

o

Medo: You are so cute! Hm, he changed the date because you might not have had water... does he know that you can hook up the water line to the fridge and turn the water back on later... the food will still stay cold! LOL!

Pixie: I am glad my big mouth hasn't scared you away. I have a bunch of opinions. Who knew? lol! I can't seem to keep them to myself sometimes. Some things just fly right off my fingertips or out of my mouth. I get in trouble that way A LOT!

o
Wowsers!

Melissa: Oh Wow! Look at that handsome man of yours! I love those eyes! He's got that look... He loves you! I've melted.

o
Don't scare easily

Aww Tracy, I don't scare easily, specially when it comes to something that comes natural to me also!!!! I stay in trouble but I think thats what "pixies" are meant to do eh? lol "pix" people off? LOL had to do it sorry Ladies. (thats a Fox line there!)

o
Beautiful

<<<~~~ Knows that Melissa is beautiful and she has a beautiful family. I agree with you Tracy! !!!

o
G'night pixie

Pixie: I have to wait until I am bleary eyed or I think too much. I also put off going to bed because I know how achey I will be in the morning. Weirdo! I know it doesn't make any difference, just putting off the inevitable. I never tried any sleep helpers. I have thought about it, but...

Well, good night lil' pixie. Happy Friday!

o
bedroom eyes

Pix people off, nearly spit at the computer again! Yep, he looooooooooooooves herrrrrr!

Sappy grin on my face!
hehehehe

o

*crickets chirping*.......

No, really...that WAS a good joke, pixie.
We're just all asleep.

*zzzzzzz*

See? :O)
LOL
:O) G'Night, all!! :O)

o
Last tstory I promise

Melissa, look at the picture, your reflection shows up in the glass wink wink!!!
The trixie/pixie story.... I have two nicknames, you guessed them eh? Trixie and Pixie (no not the mice of the cartoons) Trina somehow was made into trixie so thats what my family calls me cept my granny (she calls me trinie). Pixie is also what my family and friends call me but its because of my voice and it started as "trixie pixie" because I love to joke around,am so short, have a pixie voice, love gardens/flowers etc, and usually hyper. So now ya'll know more about me lol.

o

Ok, let me get this straight....now, along with the hairy you-know-whats, unclothed ladies, kitties and kiddies playing with feminine products, sexy underwear models and who can remember what else - we now have a hubby with crabs! Oh My! What is this group coming to?
I agree with HNB tho, he is hunky.
Have a great day everyone.
Carol B

o
ctack!

Carol! You have me crying at the computer! Howling, Laughing! We are completely without redemption! You should check out the last thread, it was too awful we had to start this one early before the police came and arrested us.

o
ONE lastthing to say

<<<~~~~ INNOCENT!!!ANYTHING YOU READ ... I was "forced" to say, arms held behind ma back to make me type!!! I really can say that I don't have any "cats" that played with those things (didn't even post bout dogs), Im just an innocent bystander that umm proll laughed and chimed in JUST occasionally, other than that I plead the 5th and will have to retain ma attorney "thom thumb".

ma Cartoons are on and I can't miss "Jonny Quest" comes on at 1.5 CT.
the Pix.

o
night all

G'night all, I am going to sleep, listening to the chirping of the cricket and my neighbor's pond. Trickling water, every night, after night, after night. I am going to develop a bladder problem from that darn thing. Trickle, trickle, trickle. Ahhhhhhhh!

o

tracyvine-email me and I'll work with you on the pictures with the writing.

Food For Thought-If you don't have health care and you pay taxes: a portion of that money goes to provide health care for government employees. Health care is not a luxury it is a necessity. As far as Medicaid is concerned you need to be at the poverty level (after living expenses are deducted), have children or be 65 or older. Taxpayers also pay for Medicaid. My DH doesn't have health insurance and is unemployed. He doesn't qualify for Medicaid because he is a man and under the age of 65. We do have hospital assistance (from our local hospital) and it pays 40% of participating Dr.'s fees and hospital bills. I'm an advocate for health insurance for everyone. I've done a great deal of research in this area and worked as a health care professional for more than 20 years. The system does not work!

Can't believe I got started on this.... I lived in Scotland for 3 years and saw how their health care system works first hand. Some folks concentrate on the drawbacks and not on the positives of Universal Health Care. OK I'll shut up now.

Mariann

o

Finally! I was able to get through this thread and read all of the posts. What an interesting bunch! Politics, social reform, our pathetic health care system, hunky husbands, naked ladies and hairy balls-no subject is off limits.
The issues make an old school feminist like me wonder what we have accomplished, if anything, in the last 3-4 decades. But I don't want to go there, here.

Here, I would rather talk about my hairy balls. I was watching them sway in the breeze yesterday and thinking they looked about ready to burst. Time to harvest! If you don't have hairy balls now, but want to have them next year and you are part of this manure pile, email me your address and I will send you some seeds.
Have a happy day!
Alana

o

2 Questions:

Daylilies-got a clump of yellow ones at a local plant sale, they had buds on them when I planted them, they went ahead a bloomed. Will they bloom again next year or will I have to wait till the following year for more blooms?

Hairy Balls-don't know if these are going to get any balls on them, seem to be slow growing. Will they come back next year of will I have to start them all over again?

o

Nuthatch,
Your Daylilies should bloom again next year just fine as they will have plenty of time to establish this year.
As to your hairy balls, you will have to overwinter a plant indoors or start fresh from seed next year. They are also easy from cuttings. I believe they are hardy in zone 8 and beyond.
Alana

o

Thanks Poison you also answered my question on the hairy balls. Now I will have to dig up my plant again to brin it indoors. I don't want to reseed, it is very slow growing.

Girls:--I cannot keep up with you. You are all a mile a minute..LOL

o

Good morning, everyone! Y'all always have so much fun after I go to bed! Yep, the hubbys are very good looking!! Here's a pic of mine with Elizabeth, my 7 year old, before they went to the father/daughter dance this spring.

I cut my hair this morning. Yep - I did it. I've never been to cosmotology school, so you can about guess how good it looks. Wish I had a girlfriend that cuts hair. Anyway, I've done this many times before, and I just spend the next several days fixing it. My hair was nowhere nearly as long as Melissa's is, but I did cut off about 7". It is definitely different! But, it's much cooler! And it HAS to be healthier - but there are still split ends all over, so I guess one of these days, I'll have to take the time and the money to get it cut by someone who knows what they are doing! :)

Pixie - I just have to address what you wrote last night about Fox. If I'm understanding what you said, we've been through that before. Still a little bit of a problem with it off and on, but nothing like it used to be, thank goodness! It's horrible when you feel like there is something else you can be doing, but you just don't know what. I would cry and cry. And if I totally didn't understand you, I am very embarrased right now! But, with our age difference, I kind of thought it was to be expected. (He is 20 years older than me - :) Now you know why my parents weren't thrilled with the idea of us getting married.) Anyway, have you been open about it? I didn't dare say anything for the longest time, until he mentioned going to the doctor one time, and I kind of said, you gonna ask him about some Viagra or something? Well, no, I don't think he ever did that. But, he did start taking fish oil and ginseng - it worked pretty good. Don't know where he got that idea from, and it might be more in his head than anything else - who knows! Anyway, I hope it is something you can get through - trust me, girl - I KNOW how difficult that is!!

Okay, lots more I wanted to comment on, but I need to get the kids' breakfast! :)

o

Aww....I just love the pictures. You girls husbands are so handsome!

Beckilove...your daughter is adorable!

Here is a pic of my boyfriend at my birthday party last year. We dated in highschool, were apart for 10 years(had not spoken to each other at all in that time) and now we are back together. We have been together for a year and a half now. Isn't he adorable?

o

UGH! came in here to see what happened since I went to bed (would say sleep, but I didn't do any of that...stupid summer cold kept me up all night. blah.)
there is SLUG SNOT all over my key board! EWWWWWWWWWW!!! And on my jacket that's hanging over my chair....
Sluggies:THIS means war, buddies.....Ya'll are going down....just lemme find my spade..and some salt...OOH, yeah...

BLECH. Gross way to start a morning, lemme tell ya.

Okay, I can just imagine Poison watching her big hairy about-to-burst balls sway in the breeze. OhMyGosh. :O) I so totally HAVE to have some of those. Hubby thinks we're making those up. I have to prove to him...No,honey..there really ARE girls with big hairy balls!!! :O)

Thanks for the compliment on my hubby, girls!! :O) I think he's a keeper, that's for sure. I showed him what ya'll wrote about him, and now he's struttin'. *ppttthhbbb. Men.*
I've always said he has "come hither" eyes (bedroom eyes, like ya said, tracy) but he never believed me. You should hear his voice too..think Sean Connery with out the scottish accent....Although, he DOES do that on occasion. :O) And those nice full soft lips...big wide shoulders...hands....

Okay, Tracy. Now I've done it too. (bad bunny) Tingly tummy feeling. :O) I'll quit now, since he's at work. :O(

And am I the only one that has the X-Files theme run through my head when Trina says her hubby's name?? Just makes me think Fox Mullder (sp) for some reason. Although, Trina's Fox is probably alot cuter. :O) :O)

That is such a sweet picture, Becki!! :O) There's just something about seeing Daddys and their little girls together...Gets me every time!! :O) Oh, and he's CUTE too! Love the cowboys...OhMyGoodness..give me a man in tight pants and an A-shirt and a cowboy hat (preferably black, cuz that means their BAD) LOL Oooohhh...I"m a goner. :O) Love that Tim McGraw.....Although, I"m not big on brown eyes. That's the only thing...love blue eyed men. I'll overlook Tim's flaw, though...his hiney makes up for it. :O)
Ooohhh....Kenny Chesney is good too!!

Okay..that's enough from the bunny. Too much coffee makes me excitable. Couldn't tell, could ya??? :O)

o

Very cute, Laurie - you and him!! That is exciting to get back together with someone after that long!

Oh, Melissa, don't get me started on all those hot cowboys!! Kenny, Tim, Keith, Toby, Trace, and the whole lot of them!!! I'm afraid brown eyes do it for me, though!

I am really sorry to hear that you have so much trouble getting a doctor for your kids! That is so incredibly frustrating! I have been very fortunate in the fact that I have had the same doctor since I was pregnant with Dylan, about 15 years ago. He has delivered all of my kids, and is their doctor as well. The medicaid people always send me a new doctor's name that we are supposed to go to, with the option of changing it. I always call to tell them we want Dr. Vande Zande (our doctor), and they always tell me, no, he has too many Medicaid patients. So, I call his office, and they call Medicaid, and tell them that he will take us. Your story makes me so thankful that we have him!!

Coffee - I don't drink it. It's a Diet Pepsi to get me going in the morning!

o

Ooohhhhh.....HOW did I forget Toby??????
Oh, I am a bad, BAD woman..... :O)

o

Yep, and I forgot Joe! I think Joe Nichols is just ADORABLE!!!

o

Joe Nichols!! I KNOW him! He's from Rogers!!! (just a town away!) And my cousin was in his band!!!! The guitar guy.:O) :O) :O)
My cousin just didn't like being on the road, so he gave it up.

But, Yep, he's a cutey, alright!!!! And very sweet. Great guy. (looks good in shorts, too....) :O) :O)

o
Handsome Hubbies everywhere!

Wow, don't we have a nice group of handsome men floating around us women? Wooo Weee! Hot stuff girls!

HNB: Boy did you put your foot in it. Telling that man of yours all about our comments. You're never gonna live that one down. Strut, strut, cockadoodle doo!

o
Poison's Balls

Alright, I'll bite. What exactly are those anyway? A Fruit?

o

Oh, You know Joe???? You lucky girl!!! Next time you see him, give him a big ole kiss for me! :0

Tracy, if you are talking about the hairy balls - I searched for them on yahoo - mistake! I put "hairy ball seeds", and I still got a few porno sites!

o

WOW Ladies Gorgeous Husbands!!! Thanks for the advice Becky and yeppers thats what I was talking about!! Your daughter is beautiful also Becky. Well I am home from work for lunch so reading. Poison I would love some hairy ball seeds! I will email you. I will post a pic of Fox this evening, hopefully. He does look quite a bit different than Fox Moulder (sp) Melissa, although I think Fox M. is quite handsome lol. These are awesome pictures ladies!

Smiles,
Pixie

o
Contest!!!!!!

Okay, girls....While we are waiting for this swap to come to a close, we are gonna pass the time by having a little contest. I have a special prize I will mail out to the winner.

Here's the gig:

Name your most embarrassing moment! I can be something you said, something you did...Anything. Don't be shy, we've all done something STUPID! :O) So let's laugh at each other, shall we??

After everyone has contributed (and you must do so before the 1st), we will all take a vote. Winner will get a special prize...and I'm not gonna tell ANYONE what it is! :O)

Ready girls?? Let's go be embarrassed!!! :O) :O) :O)

I'll even start it off!!

My "moment" is something I said in Sears a few months ago. In a VERY crowded store, in a VERY audible voice (I was trying to talk over 5 very loud kids, and wanted to be sure hubby heard me....Now, I wish he HADN'T!)

We were early for our H&R block appointment, so we thought we'd kill some time.
We were walking through the appliances, and I was admiring the new vacuum cleaners. They had a really neat LIME GREEN one!! Yay!! So I'm telling my husband how badly I NEED that lime green vacuum cleaner, and he says (being the responsible one) "Honey, we dont' have carpet!" (he's right, we are remodeling, and only have the plywood down)
To which I replied:

.........."That's OK, I can still suck wood!"..............

Um, yeah. At that point, everyone in a 100ft radius busted a gut, and my poor hubby was REAL quiet for a few seconds, his ears turning red, and his eyes watering.......And then he simply lost it....He let out a big howl, and had tears streaking down his face...I still haven't lived that down. He of course went ot work the next day and told all his buddies.....Now when they come over, they ask if I"m still in the market for a vacuum cleaner.

Sigh.....we couldn't quit laughing throughout the entire tax preparation... The poor accountant thought we were mental or something.
And I haven't been to Sears since...I'm afraid to look the appliance guys in the face....

Okay guys, spill yours!! It can't be any worse!!! :O) :O)

o
Smiles!!

Oh golly...Does anyone know of any OTHER naughty plant names?? I'm just wondering, ya know...if there are naked ladies and hairy balls, there have GOT to be others out there.

Boy, that sort of swap theme would get us kicked out for sure, wouldn't it?? :O) LOL

o
Got Wood?

I am tearing up laughing. That was absolutely priceless!

Visiting H&R Block: $29.95
Vacuum cleaner: $149.00

Going Shopping with Melissa in Sears: Priceless!

o

My most embarassing moment... hm. Don't know if I can share that one publicly. That will require some pondering. You all may have to settle for a second most embarassing moment.

o
H. Ballseus

You guys need to peak at our counterparts on Blossomswap.com! They are almost as sick as us!

Here is a link that might be useful: There are people out there just as sick as us! Check out the hairy ball link

o

I wish I had a story that good! That is wonderful! I will have to think a while about what to post. What a fun costest!

o
Funny!

Funny, funny, funny!

I'm afraid I don't like the look of the hairy balls, though they would make quite the conversation piece - maybe I'll plant some just for that reason. Thanks so much for the offer Alana!

I have a really good list of what I am sending you, but I just keep wanting to add one more thing... But, it will DEFINITELY be going out on Monday!

o

well, in the interest of not-wanting-to-get-you-kicked-off-gw, you may send us your second best, Tracy. :O)

...Just make sure it's REALLY good! :O)

o

Hi Becki,
I will love whatever you send-please don't stress over it at all. You should just have fun with it!

Hairy balls are more than just hairy balls. The flowers are rather small but are delicately beautiful. They work well in arrangements of the romantic, airy type.
They are also a great butterfly host plant and will attract Monarch's to your garden.
I am reposting this photo from earlier in the year when they first began to bloom. I was standing under it. I don't know how tall they get in warmer zones, but wintered over ones get about 8 feet tall in my containers.

o
Beauty before hairy

Oooohhh....That is REALLY pretty, Poison!! Makes those big hairy balls seem sort of.....I dunno...inappropriate, somehow.. :O)

o
Wow!

Oh, that is REALLY pretty! All I ever saw of them was hairy looking balls - but their flowers are really beautiful! You definitely changed my mind!!

I planted two different types of Datura this summer, thinking they would be really pretty. One was just labeled purple datura, and the other, I purchased off of poshpoints.com, and were black swirl datura. The purple ones bloomed much sooner, and although they were cool, I soon found out that they were actually Joe Pye weed (sp?) Anyway, I didn't think they were pretty enough to risk the chance of having them all over my yard, so I pulled them up. But, the black swirl is about to bloom, and I can't wait! The bud is about 3 times as long as the purple one was! It is going to be huge! I will definitely be posting a picture of that one, if I get a good one! Maybe tonight???? I am really anticipating that bloom!

o

I can't wait to see a picture, becki!! :O)
I love datura, and had some black swirl seeds, but I was afraid to plant them because they're poisonous, and the baby likes to chew on plants. Didn't seem like a risk worth taking to me!!
Can't wait until she's older, so I don't have to worry about what I plant!!

o

pix,
not to overstep, but a dose of viagra can be a really good thing. Hubby wasn't thrilled when I brought it up to his doc, but all the meds for his diabeeties and leg just wrecked havoc with his system. Now 3 years later he's much happier knowing it's not a lack of his being a man (losing his leg was hard on him, I had to convince him it's only a foot, not his soul), but something that can be helped with a little shot of meds.

o

Poision, I would love som HB seeds, the flowers are lovely too!

Hmm.. embarassing moments:

Not too long ago I was talking to a male friend in a noisy coffee shop, and he asked what a word meant, knowing I'm a teacher, so I said sure what word? "Fellacio". I smile and say "oh that's a blow job".. right as the song ends in the muzac and everyone turns to stare at me, and the guy tring to hide behind his coffee cup.

A week later hubby and I swing into the same coffee shop, and I order for us, the girl taking the order says "how nice, you're buying your dad coffee", so I smile, pop onto hubby's lap, say "hi Daddy" and plant a big smooch... and a guy behind the counter says "Jeez I thought she was kinky LAST WEEK"...

o

Fishy - did you bring it up to his doctor privately? I wanted to talk to his doctor as well (my hubby's, not yours), but I didn't feel right doing so - especially behind his back. There are other things I would like to bring up to his doctor, but I never know if that is right or not. Can he even talk to me? Just listen?

Melissa - Fortunately, my kids haven't ate any plants so far - hopefully they never do!! Especially that one!

o

OhMyGosh, Fishy....That's a GOOD one!!! :O)

Wow! Who's next, ladies?! C'Mon!!!

o
Talking to the doc

I attened his appointments with him when schedule allows, some are all-day rehab appointments, but many are hour long test & med adjustment check-ins. If you have a concern it's OK for you to phone hubby's doc and let them know, My suggestion is go with hubby to his next check-up. Have you spoken to hubby about it first? There's a checklist/quiz thingy on the viagra website you can fill out and take with you when you see the doc. Many guys have this issue, but don't ask for help, really it comes down to with is worse asking the doc for a prescription or no sex?
It's not "doing something behind his back" as much as it is investing in your marriage and joint happiness. Certainly if hubby has a health issue it's in your interest to see his doc knows.

o

Wow...it will take me a few days to come up with something embarrassing...I know I have some moments...I think I forgot them on purpose. I will come up with something...probably not as bad as the vacuum cleaner story though...man...that made me laugh!!!!

Ok...I went today...and it went well...and I came back to work...and I got a raise. I have only been here three months and they gave me $1.50 more an hour! Um...I'm pretty happy with that! We will see what happens though...

My mom is on her way in...there goes my hair....

o
poor man.

Bunny,
I have this wicked streak, but mostly because hubby looked SO horrified that again ppl thought he was my pops. There's a 10 year age diff, but he went gray early, where I still get carded, so it's a bit much at times.

Disclaimer: My Mum *really* tried to raise a lady, but I grew up in SF.... oh well.

o

Good for you, Laurie! I assume they knew you went for an interview? Or are you just so good that they gave you a raise because they love you? I'm sure that's possible too!! You must just be a popular girl right now! Lucky you!

Is your mom cutting your hair? I probably should have asked mine to do that too, instead of attempting it myself! Mine was pretty uneven this morning, and Dylan (14) said he would fix it for me. You have no idea how worried I was about that, but I thought it would show a lot of trust in him if I let him do so. So, I clenched my teeth and handed him the scissors. He was so careful. And the sweet little guy did great! Now my hair is really short, but at least it doesn't look like I stood in front of the bathroom mirror this morning and tried to do it myself anymore! :) My husband was pretty upset - he walks down this morning and said, "What the he** did you do????" Poor guy! I did tell him last night that I wanted to get a hair cut - probably a bad time to do so, after he's just put in 14 hours of hard labor. But, he said, yeah, I do to, but we'll have to wait till we have a little extra money. Then he goes on that we will have school shopping very soon, and have to buy the kids' new shoes, and I'm thinking, okay that means over a month yet before I am getting a haircut. A little irrational for me to jump to that conclusion, but I was not ready to wait a month! So, I told myself I was not going to do it right away last night, while I was upset. I woke up a bit earlier than usual this morning, walked into the bathroom, and thought, yes, I do want my hair cut. And did it. Way more than I meant to, but hey, it'll grow back! :) Now if I could just get it to lay right...

o

Hello Ladies,
I love the flowers on the hairy balls Alana!! That pic is awesome!
Fishy sad thing is Fox NEVER goes to the dr!!! If he does he surely won't let me go with! I am sure he'd be alot happier if he had a dose of that Blue V! I sure KNOW I would be wink wink! He is one of those types that hates to even take tylenol sheesh much less even talk about the lil problem. For the longest time I thought it was because I gained weight, he just told me a couple of months ago what the problem was so I printed out some info on ED and sheesh ya would have thought I committed a crime!!! Needless to say he didn't even read them. lol I now just jump him every once in a while and write it down on my calendar so I can keep track for future references!

Gonna have to think also on the most embarassing thing, sheesh I have alot of them believe me!
Thats great Laurie!
Becky I am sure your hair looks good! I think I am going to do what you did and cut my own. I am too impatient to sit while someone cuts my hair lol so means I just get it cut once a year at the most.
It stormed here this morning and I still need to plant those daylilys, scared to though lol (now thats a first)
Whoohooo I made it through almost a week of work and I still love my job!Q!!! It is quite a change though, actually HAVE to get up in the mornings now! I am excited to be able to help out with tuition for our oldest now, thats a killer!
Smiles,
Pixie

o
Embarassing moment

Ahem, Let me first start by saying this was at my bachelorette party 10 years ago. We went down to the Have A Nice Day Cafe (bar in the hoppin part of town). Well, one of the girls thought we should order their specialty drink Called the Happy Bowl. This is a large fish bowl with a giant smiley face on the side of it with a really potent concoction of booze that tastes like KoolAid, it also comes with a bunch of straws sticking out of the top for all to share.

Needless to say I had way to much of it. At some point I decided to see if I could get all of the straws in my mouth at once. My friends were all sitting around laughing, cheering me on and when I finished getting all of them in my mouth there was a giant round of applause!

I look up in shock to see about 20 guys lining the wall of the bar all hooting, whistling, cat calling and clapping for the bride-to-be in my veil with 30 straws jammed in her mouth!

Groan! They must have all been thinking what a lucky man I was marrying.

o

Good Job Laurie! Way to go on the raise too! Perfecto, a double header!

Fishy, you are a dirty girl! That was hillarious! More spit on the computer screen. I think that will be my guage for voting. How much spit ends up on the screen or keyboard will be a great measuring tool! Normally, I don't drool or anything! You people have a profound affect on me!

And Yes, that was my second most embarassing story. There are a couple more that could tie with it though. I don't drink anymore, leads to tooooooo many of these embarassing moments. LOL!

o

ROFLMAO! Tracy...Ohmygoodness....LUCKY hubby!! lol... The other girls are gonna have trouble winning between you and fishy! :O)

o

:) That is so good, Tracy!!!

That reminds me of one of mine - sadly it was only a few months ago. I won't say this is my most embarassing, but it has to be pretty high up there - you'll just have to wait for the worst one! Anyway, we had a few people over (my stepsons, their friends, and our only employee at the time.) The kids wanted popsicles, and some of us ladies decided to have one too (granted all these girls are like 10 years younger than me - but hey, I was enjoying myself too!) Anyway, I had this popsicle, and when no one but my husband was looking, I deep troated the dang thing. Right then, David yells, "Look at Becki!" I couldn't get that stinkin' popsicle out of my mouth fast enough!

o
Follow up on my embarassing moment

Thanks girls. I think I forgot to mention, at the time I wasn't too embarassed. I took a bow. Oh man was I d-r-u-n-k!

Becki- you are incorrigible! I love teasing the men folk around the kids, I crack up when he gets all flustered!

o

LMAO OMG you women are wild!!!! I am loving reading all of these embarassing moments, way much more than telling mine! Ya'll are hoots!!!!

Pixie

o
Got One!

Here's my new garden addition:

Hoseus sprayflorelus kittius knottsimus

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o
hoser

OOOh hnb, I think that would look so nice next to my hoseus sprayflorus emmaroseus! You must post with vela's thread! LOL!

o
Oh Gosh.

Oh golly. And hubby & his friends at work thought the LAST thread was bad.....!

Whew, girls...I ain't gonna need aroebics (?) for a month after reading these....my tummy muscles ALREADY hurt!! :O) LOL

o
sooo cute

Too adorable Melissa!!! I bet its also cool for Kitty! lol too sweet

Someone plz tell me how to post pictures on here!!!

Pixie

o
posting pixtures

Pixie: Go to photobucket.com and open an account. It's free. Then click browse on the page. It will go to the program you keep your pics in. Then click on the pic you want to post. Keep doing it until you load all the ones you want to share. Then upload them.

Then open a 2nd tab next to the photobucket one. Have the gardenweb page open to this thread. Then right click on the html link under or next to the picture and copy it. Flip over to gardenweb and right click into the message box and choose paste. Preview your message and post. You can change the size of the pictures before you post them if you want on photobucket.

o
Photos

Thanks Tracy!!!! Gonna do thaty now.

o
If I goofed up directions

Tell me if something didn't go right. I'll walk you through in steps. Just email me!

o

Pixie - it is very easy! I love using photobucket now! So cool!!

Okay, I know my most embarassing recent moment. We got an aboveground pool this summer - the kind you get from Walmart. With all the kids begging for passes to the pool, which is 10 miles away, and costs a lot of money, I was able to come up with a little extra money, and we were able to get it at a really good price. Well, one night after the kids were in bed, Dave and I were sitting outside. He went over and felt the pool water and said how nice it was. I did the same, and said, I feel like swimming right now. I've never been skinny dipping, and it would be fun to try. I was trying to be seductive of course, but my husband laughs and says, go ahead. I tried to get him to come with me, but he said he just wanted me to enjoy my first time. So, I did. And it was fun. Well, a few days later, my family was all over for a birthday party. Parents, sisters, brother-in-law. We were talking about how everyone should have brought their suits so they could try out the pool. Well, I'm walking away, and I hear David say, "Yeah, Becki had a new experience the other night." I stopped dead in my tracks as he said, "She went skinny dipping for the first time." Now that was really bad, and really embarassing. But, no, the best was yet to come. My mom says, "Oh, yeah, we did that once too." My step dad says, "Oh, that's right, on our honeymoon." They are both kind of smiling at eachother. My mom says, "Yeah, that was a lot of fun, there in the hotel hot tub, until we noticed someone was watching us from the balcony." I was like, "You were skinny dipping in the hotel's public hot tub????" Fortunately, at that time, the focus was off of me, and on them!

o

I've had many an embarrassing moment.....a recent one that comes to mind...can anyone say "hosus sprayfloralus"? LOL!!

By the way, saw this in an above post....
"As to your hairy balls, you will have to overwinter a plant indoors or start fresh from seed next year"....so my question is..if you don't care for your hairy balls this way, does the stem go limp and it all flops over?

o
Too funny!

Oh, Vela!!!! You are too funny!!

o

What? What did I say?

o
Pictures I think

Ok lets see if I did this right, first one should be my pond with my babies by it, second one should be of my Love Garden (some of it) third one should be my guys and me, fourth one should be me. We will see.

Smiles,
Pixie

o
Shazaaaammmm!!!

I did it right!!!! (just typed out descriptions backwards!)
The photo of all of us was taken after we had driven 9 hours to my dads house and I actually used it for our Christmas cards last year lol. That is US! lol cept now Alan has a g/f so he cleans up more.

the baby in the pond is my Rebel (Rebs) and the rev. brindle is Mud, named after Alans truck after he goes mudding, (blk truck with brown all over!) Her real name is Caoimhe (Irish for beautiful princess) (well her entire ped. name means that) but shes just plain ol Mud to us lol poor thing. Sorry all yall have to look at of the babies is their behonkis'
Thanks again for the help in posting pics.
Pixie

o

Nice photos pixie!! Why do I always think everyone looks familiar? LOL!!!

o

Oh, Pixie - You are so pretty!!! Good job with posting the pictures! Fox is quite foxy as well!! We just all have pretty durn good lookin' guys, now don't we!! And your boys - very nice looking as well! Thanks for posting those, sweetie!

o

LOL Vela have I already sent you the photos??? My bad if so lol. My memory is sometimes brunette!

Thank you Becky, and I agree we all do have very handsome fellas.

Look out now that I learned how to post pics!!! Whoohooo camera's gonna be working overtime on the gardens!!!

Its just me and Fox home for the weekend, Alan went camping (and took the OFF dangit!). But Fox has to work tomorrow and is working on his Bronco and Scout tonight sheesh. lol its all good though means I can work on the plant stakes without disturbing anyone or being disturbed.

whooohoo

o
My embarrassing moment

"Here's my new garden addition:
Hoseus sprayflorelus kittius knottsimus"

That's quite a fancy hybrid you have there!!!

Ok...this is kind of boring, and I have so many embarrassing moments, but for some reason can't seem to think of any right now.

My husband LOVES soup beans and corn bread. I always declined them when my mom made them because of the word "bean"...I'm not much of a bean person, so I never paid them much attention. So anyway...one night soon after we first got married, I decided I was going to be nice and make him soup beans and cornbread. I wanted them to be REALLY good, after all I was trying to impress my new husband. So, I did the long "recommended" soaking overnight method...he'd told me what his mother used to flavor them, so I used that...had to give the MIL a run for her money!! So I let them cook, the cornbread turned out soooo great looking, I was so proud of myself. I put the beans in a bowl, the cornbread on a plate and took them to him. Now mind you, the man had been looking forward to this for two days....

He looked at the beans
He looked at me
He looked at the beans

I could tell something was wrong, but he, trying to be the "good new husband" wasn't about say anything.

"What?" I said..."What's wrong?"

You could tell he was really struggling here...but he finally managed to say

"Where's the juice?"

What? They were BEANS....It hit me at that moment...I had wasted two days of working on those dang beans. My face immediately turned beet red.....I had DRAINED the dang juice off the beans!!! Guess that's why they're called 'soup' beans huh? LMAO....still haven't tried to make them again to this day, and we've been married 10 years!!! Oh, and he just loves sharing that story with anyone trying my cooking.

o
Beans

Tooo Funny Vela!!!! reminds me of when I was a little girl and made Kool-Aid in a pitcher without adding sugar, ( I have done that also with cheesecakes YUCKIE) my mom tasted it and told me I forgot to add sugar so I dumped the entire pitcher down the sink, I didn't know that you could add sugar later. lol but I am like you and not a bean person but I love the juice (soup) that ya drained and buttered cornbread lol. Live and learn eh???

o
you just don't tell him silly.

Pixie, you make his appointment, and then tell him "i need you on wens afternoon". Then tell him he needs a check up and that's final, he's too important to the family for you to lose him, so to the doc he's going. At the doc's mention the ED to the doc, if hubby isn't willing to see that not handling the problem makes your marriage weaker, then couples counseling may help (let him assume it's counseling due to the grieving and not so much to "change" him. Which is technically correct as that's when his problems started. Life's too short to not enjoy the days you get.

o
So cute!

Oh, Vela! That is too cute! I can just see your hubby looking back and forth, pretending nothing is wrong, not wanting to say anything... And if you didn't eat beans, you didn't know!! No one can fault you for that! Way too cute, dear!

o
Arggg!!!!

Oh, I agree, fishy. Way too short!

Okay, do you guys ever get annoyed by this, or am I the only one this happens too? I type out this nice little thing, all ready to sent it, and then it tells me "Message Rejected". Okay, so all I have to do is go back and type in a new title, or whatever, but it is still REALLY ANNOYING!!! So, powers that be, if you are reading this, PLEASE STOP DOING THAT TO ME!!! :)

o
Scary

Tried that Fishy! and I totally agree. Wanna hear something really REALLY scary??? Fox's daddy has prostate cancer!!! It has moved to his bladder and he is very upfront and figures that he has maybe two more years. If that wouldn't scare a person to see the dr then I don't know what would!

Becky lol it happens all the time to me thats why I have such weird titles now lol.
Pix

o

Okay, girls...hubby absolutely cannot believe I haven't told ya'll this story yet. It is OUR most embarrassing moment. :O)

We grew up about 1/8 of a mile from each other, out in the boonies..literally. On a 2 mile road with only 5 houses.
Anyway...we started dating as teenagers, and so one summer we thought we'd start sneaking over at night to see each other.
That happened to be the summer we discovered...well, YOU KNOW. :O)
So one night, i was at his house, and we were halfway to THAT point, when his mom knocked on the door. We freak out, knock stuff over, make tons of noise, and Marcus (hubby) yells "D*%M CAT!" thinking that will cover it all up.
I jump in the closet, half dressed, but forget to close the door. His mom comes in and looks around, looks directly at ME, and says "Melissa's dad just called, and they can't find her. Have you seen her?" Marcus is like.."No, I haven't, mom." "Are you SURE?" "No, I haven't seen her"
His mom, bless her heart, doesn't acknowledge that she has seen me, and she turns and walks out.
So I freak, and grab my clothes, jump out the window, still half naked, and run home.

Well, later, Marcus was being interogated by his dad, and he STILL says I wasn't there...when the Dog comes up to his dad with something in it's mouth.
It's my RED SATIN BRA!!!
Needless to say, his dad didn't quite believe him after that.

We got married exactly 1 year later, and guess what Marcus's wedding present from his dad was??
Yep...my red satin bra.

How's THAT for embarrassment????

We can all laugh now....but back then...I wanted to die.
You can bet I WILL NOT be telling my kids that story. :O)

o
Titles.

You need to change title, and it goes thru.
Pixie, what he may not realize (hubby here didn't) is that it's YOUR sex life too, the darn men seem to think only they suffer. Also, an enlarged prostate can cause ED, so make him go, schedule an intervention with the kids as necessary (on the grounds of "daddy needs a check up", not "daddy doesn't get it up". Hubby here was really hesitant, but I told him flat out if a life of celbacy was what I had in mind, I've joined a convent, since I did not, it's gotta be addressed. Be blunt, it's get a check up, or you're calling a lawyer.... not for that... to help him write a will, as you'd like to be provided for as he's planning on an early demise.

o
Skittles.

oh lord bunny, don't tell your kids that one till after they marry, better yet, a good one for your DIL one day.
Before we dated now-hubby (he was a family friend since I was a girl), came over after the accident when i lost hubby #2, and I was hanging out laundry. He walks out to the backyard, stares at my panties on the clothesline ...
"Good lord girl, it looks like one of those skittles commericials" apperantly his exwife was a white cotton fan.
Now "taste the rainbow" is a private joke we have.

o

Wow, pixie! I wish there was some way to get him to go to the doctor, but I totally understand how there is nothing you can do about it. All the prodding and pleading in the world, won't convice my husband to do something if he doesn't want to, or doesn't think it's for the best (or will make his kids happy!) My husband wasn't much for doctor's either, until one day he was mowing (we used to run a small lawn care business.) He all of a sudden felt like he had to go to the bathroom, bad. So he hopped in his truck, and got about halfway home, and passed out. His truck kept driving somehow almost all the way home (about 4 more blocks), swerving back and forth, until the tires blew and it skidded to a stop. Turned out he had a small tear in the lining of his stomach, and was bleeding internally. Since then, he has been pretty good about getting regular check ups. But, as with most of us, I don't think he tells his doctor everything, even though he says he does.

o
Embarassing

Ok, this is ONE of the embarassing moments I have had, Fox, the boys, and I were camping at the lake a few summers ago, we all stayed up late and had a great time. After the boys went to sleep Fox and I decided to get frisky on the shore, the place we were camping didn't have alot of camps on the shore but had several and a main Camp back right behind our camp. Well I noticed this "bush" on the shore but didn't really pay attention to it until the way wrong (I guess right) moment. The "bush" kept getting closer and closer to us. Finally in the heat of the moment I looked over and saw..... the white streak!!!! I tried to get up and was trying to tell Fox then he saw what I was talking about and jumped up and did the football boogie telling me to get up, well I was way past him and off and running, he followed, both of us buck nekkid, I didn't want the skunk going towards where the boys were sleeping so I just ran wild with fox and the skunk following, ended up in the middle of the main camp screaming like a banshee buck nekkid with fox and the skunk close behind. A couple of the men there killed the skunk with a shovel and some rocks but not before it could smell up everything! Someone gave me and fox a couple of sheets to wrap in. This was on a thursday night so needless to say we were the conversation of the weekend and prolly many weekends after. We did sit with them and take our "punishment" of tons of jokes and laughter that night and until we left on Sunday to come home. Yes the skunk was prolly rabid or it wouldn't have chased us. Yes the boys heard about it, Nan was older and still gives us a ribbing about it. We did still go camping but kept our clothes on afterwards! NOOOO Fishy this has nothing to do with Fox's problem lol.

Pixie

o
rabid skunk.

No.. but it IS a funny story.

o
You girls are soooo funny!

OMG, fishy! That is too funny! And Melissa - WOW!!!!! That is way good!!! What a fun memory to have with your husband!!!

My first discovery of that, You Know... I was in high school, and was seeing a college boy. He was someone I worked with at the pizza joint (and he's also Dylan's biological father.) Anyway, we were in his dorm room, umm, getting there, when there was a knock at the door. Some of his rugby teammates were out there wanting to hang out. He says, "Go away, I'm busy!" And they are like, "No, man, we've got to talk to you, it's really important!" So, he tells me stay right here, don't go anywhere. And he goes out the door. I wait, and wait, and wait. Finally about 20 minutes later, he comes back soaking wet from head to toe. Apparantly while I was lying there thinking, "Oh, man, I shouldn't be doing this.", his friends had asked him if he had a girl in there. He said yes, and they picked him up and carried him down the stairs, out the door, across campus, and thew him in a pond! Okay, so I was stupid, and didn't take God's advice to get up and leave while he was gone, but it is a bit of a bittersweet memory!

o

LOL ya hate that too!! i so want the HB too alana!!! beautifull flowers!! and yes your hubby's are so handsome!! omg you ladies are sure purdy!! LOL ya no embarrasing moments here! LOL vela, how could the hose be embarasing? LOL and seriously, limp??? hairy balls, hmmmm. LOL :')) my mind is always in the gutter, as my hubby say's "a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste!!" LOL :')) sometimes so true, keyword being sometimes!! LOL

o
funny, funny, funny!

Oh, pixie!! That is great!!

That reminds me of a story that happened to a friend (well, not really, but someone I knew.) She had been to the bar, I guess, and gotten pretty drunk. Her husband (who was our employee at that time) was at home, and passed out in bed (probably drunk as well.) She went upstairs, got undressed, and then went back downstairs to do something. Well, she ended up falling down the stairs buck naked, and broke her leg really bad. I guess she called and called for her husband, Mike, and he didn't wake up, so she had to drag herself over to the phone, as she couldn't walk. She called 911, and the fire department and ambulance came (why the fire dept, I have no idea), and found her naked on the floor with this horribly broken let, and her husband asleep upstairs! They both heard about that for a long time!!

o
Bummer!!

Okay, so I am a bit disappointed! Elizabeth and I just took the flashlight, and went to see if the black swirl was blooming - it was! But, it ain't a black swirl!

Maybe they don't come true from seed?? Anyway, it's pretty, so I can't be terribly disappointed, but it certainly isn't the pretty purple edged double flower I was envisioning!

And no, I didn't take the time to edit the picture so you an see miss Elizabeths arms and my bathrobe, and a very odd look of my hand - I really do have normal hands, it just doesn't look like it on that picture! But ignore that, and look at my pretty blue petunias under the datura!!

o
laughing but also serious

Fishy your one wild woman. BUT... I am going to take your advice and tell fox that! I love the story, Gonna start collecting skittles for ya!!!
Melissa, gonna start calling you either Red or Satin lol!
Dang Becky, I really hope Fox goes before something like that happens. Also, since you said the embarassing moment happened while you were dating a college guy, its not your hubby so please don't get mad at me saying this.... He was just Pond Scum anyways! wink wing get it????

lol I just Love Medont you are just plain sunshine girlie girl!!!

Pixie

o
That's right, Girl!!

Pond scum is right! Definitely not my hubby, but I sure hoped he would be for a long time! Boy, was I stupid!!

o
Great pic

Thats Beautiful Becky!!!!! and uyour petunias are beautiful too.

cuse the typos, eating here lol

o
Hungry!!!!!!!

Darn you, girl! I wish I was eating! I'm so stinkin' hungry right now, but can't think of anything I want to eat! Isn't that sad?? We just don't keep much for sweets in the house, and that is just what I am wanting right now!!! Ugh! No, wait! I think there are some cheese puffs in the panty. Saving them for a special occasion. Hubby's gone, kids are watching TV or sleeping (I don't know, they are quiet, so I'll leave them alone), I'm on the puter... it's a special occasion!! Gonna go get them and get my fingers nice and cheesy!

o

lol sounds yummy Becky!!!
Through eating here lol I had Fox's um leftovers I guess, he had some sonic taco's left over from his lunch (takes a late lunch) so I ate them lol. Then ate a pc of sour dough bread with peanut butter and honey butter lol (dessert). lol Now I am STUFFFEEEDDD (pronounced Stuff...ED)

o
Skunk!

Pixie: You had me rollin in my chair! That was great! I can just picture you runnin into that camp ground screamin' wavin your panties! LOL! Great job posting the pictures! Way to go! You are such a cutie! Love all those handsome folk!

Fishmamas! How are ya! Skittles... Taste the Rainbow! LOL!

Vela: Bean Soup story reminds me of my brothers first attempt at cooking! He was 17. Macaroni and cheese out of the box. He dilligently followed all of the directions, 1/4 c. butter 1/4 cup milk, cheese packet. Oooooops, didn't drain the water out of the pot. I laughed so hard! He punched me into the next week. I still laughed! LOL!

Becki: UM, you have 3 arms... LOL! It is a very cut bloom though!

Bunny: I like your FIL! He sounds like a real gem! I need to remember that one for future reference! I do love to torture the children! LoL!

Medo: How are ya hunny?

o
wavin nothing!!

LOL Tracy, I didn't have time to pick up ma panties to even wave them!!!! lol and awww shucks thanks, blushing now.

o

Pixie: I think melanie would love your bird bath. She has a special relationship with squirrels! hahahaha! You weren't kidding about your pups loving your pond were ya? That reminds me, I finally found my funny gift for Dirt. hehehehehe, too fun!

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket this is how tracey's box showed up this morning but i did get both plants!! amazingly!! yep open at both ends!! our lady goes it came like this!! :'(
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket proof he's hididng naked women out by the chimeny! i always knew it!! now i have proof!! LOL
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket my brand new faucet!!! :'))
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket he's working on it, well now it's all done and working!!! yay!! i have water!!! LOL and i have to go, he's saying get off the internet!!! LOL :'))
MEN fix something and now they think they're the boss, LOL :')) but just who cuts the hair??? LOL i do!!! make sure of that stripe i don't "accidently" leave in there!! LOL actually done that befor cuz he made me really mad, of course i was "moody" LOL goodnight

o
Lullaby and goodnight!

Well gals, I am heading to bed. Early night for me. See ya tomorrow!

o

Oh, Tacos sound really good! What time is it where you are? We had supper about 6 1/2 hours ago, and I'm usually not up this late, so my tummy was getting a bit empty! The first two cheese puffs were good, now after 10 or so, they are getting a bit old. Actually, I think I really want something to drink right now - but all the soda, and all the booze are out in the garage fridge. I am not going out there by myself at night! You never know what kind of creatures you might come across - coons, or cats, or mice! Ewww!

So what is it that Mr. Foxy Fox does? I'm going to say he looks like a manly man, and I am guessing he doesn't sit behind a desk in an office - but I'm probably wrong!

o
Night!

Very nice faucet, medont! Ha, Ha! I thought Pixie and I were the only ones on here for a while! Sleep well Tracy and medont!!!

o
laughing

Medon't WHOOOHOOO ya have water!!!! Great Pics, I love the nekkid ladies!
Tracy nighters, good dreams and be safe
Becky, lol its 11:46 my time (CT) yes late to be eating tacos I know lol but ma behonkis will pay in the morning I am sure! Fox does Fire Suppression Systems lol , he sometimes sits behind a desk but usually he is a "grunt" (his word not mine!) Its his best friends company and Fox started it up with him. Fox does alot of traveling offshore (for rigs) and overseas and does alot of plants fire systems. (sprinklers, FM-200, Gai-tronics on rigs, etc.) and after all that he does we don't have a single smoke detector put up in our house! (there are 5 on top of the fridge lol that have been there for more than prolly 10 years, I dust around them). BUT we do have several fire extinguishers round here lol. I used to work for them as Office Admin but couldn't handle things after Cole left. Our Oldest (the blonde) really looks like Dolph Lundgren (Russian from one of the Rocky movies) when he's not acting silly like in the pic.

o
Time Zones

o

:) We must be in the same time zone. I thought maybe you were in CA or something, and it was only 9:30 or so! Yep, if there were tacos, or even anything remotely yummy in the fridge right now, I'd be all over that!!

Wow, it sounds like Fox has quite a job! Very interesting stuff! Do you ever travel with him? My hubby used to travel quite a bit, but not so much anymore. I am always the secretary around here - we just finally moved the office to at home a few years ago, so I didn't have to go to an office everyday, and could keep the kids at home!

Yes, I can see where your son could look like Dolph! A very handsome boy! How old are your boys?

o
Texas

lol nopers I live west of Houston, TX. I have traveled with him in the states but never overseas. But I am a military Brat, was born in Japan and have lived pretty much everywhere.
Its good to be at home with the kids. My boys are Nathenien (Nan, "Dolph") 23, and Alan will be 19 this Monday the 30th. (then don't know if you read but we lost Cole Matthew on Christmas Day of 04, he was 12).

o
oops

(oops Natheniel even sorry) How old are your kids???

o

Oh, yes, darling, I read about your Cole. I was so sorry to hear about that! That has to be the worst thing for a woman to ever live through, and if I ever say anything that is insensitive to you, please say so! Sometimes I know I don't think before I type!

My kids:
Carl (stepson) 23
Ray (stepson) 22
Dylan 14
William 9
Elizabeth 7
Lily 2

Carl is out of the house - living with his girlfriend now. And Ray is in college, but is home for a couple more weeks for the summer. Then it will be just the 6 of us again.

I'm afraid I am nodding off here. I think I'd better head on up to bed. Hubby called and said he'll be few more hours (had to make a delivery, and then stopped to see some old friends), and there is no way I am going to make it that long! Espcially knowing kids will be waking up in 5 hours or so! Good night, dear!

o

"Our Oldest (the blonde) really looks like Dolph Lundgren (Russian from one of the Rocky movies)"

When you first posted the picture of him, I was going to say that! But every time I say someone looks like someone else, they always look at me like I'm nuts, so I didn't say anything. He REALLY looks like him, though!

o

Well, my daughter is turning 9 on the third, but if I'm going to show you all a picture of me, this is going to be it, because I haven't had a decent picture taken of me since...LOL...that and I'm about 30 pounds heavier right now, so I don't WANT any pictures taken of me LOL

o

Wow, Vela! I'm sure you are still beautiful! I haven't had a decent picture take of me in ages, either! I am hoping when my sister gets her wedding pictures back, there will be a good one of me in there to show you all! :) Your hubby is very nice looking as well! Is that your only child, or have you had more since? It is so nice seeing all these pictures!!!

o

Ok ladies, It took me 30 minutes to read all the new messages.
All the pic's of the hubbys and families are great.

Pixie I love the fountain, you are right I just love those squirrley varmits. It is an ongoing fight between me and them, they keep eating all my new plants. I thought you might like to see this pic he thought he was soooooooo smart.
My hubby and grandson Astin

o
Beautiful Vela!

Vela: You are sooo pretty ma'am! I bet you are still pretty 30 lbs later. Take your picture! Because you know you will think in 10 more years... oh I was so cute back then! Why didn't I know it at the time??? Oooh and you have a cute hubby too! Happy birthday to your daughter! My second oldest boy, Pat, just turned 9 in June!

There are very few pics of me at all because I am always the one behind the camera! Nobody else picks one up around here but me. Sigh. My kids will all look at pictures after I am dead and gone and wonder if they even had a mom to show their kids! LOL!

Did you see medo's box I sent her??? The Postal workers went postal on it! They boogied it! I couldn't believe they did that! It has self adhesive on both ends and the stuff really sticks well! I have never had them open one of my boxes before, maybe they thought the blackberry plants were some illegal stuff dudes! LOL!

Medo: Congrats on the new faucet! Love the dream catcher! Do you sleep-dish-wash?? LOL!

o
Family portrait

Ok, I'll go next. Here is me 2 weeks ago with the family at my cousins wedding. (L-R in back) Ed, Me, Ted, (L-R front) Jack, Pat, Dan, Emma

Emma was making nasty faces at the very loud bagpiper as he was coming out of church, hence the scrunchy face!

o

Wow, girls....Ya'll chat up a blue streak last night, didn't ya?? :O)

Pixie.....I think, so far...your story has all the elements of being THE MOST embarrassing thing that could EVER happen to someone....nakedness, skunkiness, witnesses.....Lol....

Oh my....Soooooooo glad it wasn't me. :O)

o

AWWWW Tracy!!! You are too cute!!! Such a nice family!

"Is that your only child, or have you had more since? It is so nice seeing all these pictures!!!"

No, I have a son...he's in the picture...can't you see him? I was about a month and a half pregnant LOL!!

I posted some pics of my kids in the previous threads, but for the benefit of the newbies to the group, here they are again...

This is my favorite Pic of all time...like father, like son LOL!
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/vkupfner/82122.jpg[/IMG]
My son at his 7th birthday in May
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/vkupfner/100_1038.jpg[/IMG]
My daughter...she was in a competitive cheerleading squad last year. She decided she didn't want to do it this year (which I think is a blessing in disguise with hubbies job being up in the air).
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/vkupfner/Lindseycheer07pro-1.jpg[/IMG]

o
Try again

Ok...why aren't my photo bucket links working all of a sudden? I'll try again, maybe I used the wrong code...

This is my favorite Pic of all time...like father, like son LOL!
My daughter...she was in a competitive cheerleading squad last year. She decided she didn't want to do it this year (which I think is a blessing in disguise with hubbies job being up in the air).
My son at his 7th birthday in May

o
blush

Aw shucks Vela! Thanks!

Pixie: Right now you've definitely got my vote. You are the front runner!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here