Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sassyd_gw

NEW: Pedal Pushers August Cookbook -Sign-ups

sassyd
15 years ago

Here we are almost into August. Wow. This swap will be for good standing members to share from their kitchen to yours. Everything goes as far as I'm concerned, (well almost *giggles*) Know what I mean Tracy? he he!

Anything goes.... as you can send cookbooks, cooking magazines, receipe cards, your favorite kitchen gadgets, we all love those! Well I do. lol

your favorite grilling receipes, tools! lol Anything, I haven't thought of and you want to send. Canning you've put up, preserves, etc. I would be honored to try something one of you girls have put up, though, you may have to send me more! lol Just keep it as simple as you want, if you'd like to include any plants that should be discussed between you and your partner after I assign them. If so, it would be nice if it was a food related name just to add to the fun of it. But thats entirely up to partners. Just try to get a 'feel' of what you're expecting from each other, I don't like saying that, because until lately we've not had a problem with that. I'm just saying, send what you'd be happy getting.

Now lets have some fun up in here for August! And we WILL be playing games so some of you girls may want to start paying more attention!!! lol I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends in this one:) Everybody loves a good receipe right????

Hey, how about we get one started now, but we all have to try the receipe? Whoever gets the most votes for the best and easiest receipe gets something you'll really love from me! I'll decide later exactly what. lol but it will be good! So get those posted pretty soon so we have time to try them out.

Sassy

Comments (130)

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi, Ladies, Please count me in for this swap and would like to be with someone who doesn't want to send plants as it is sooo hot here in Iowa. Have been reading (with my mouth watering) the recipes and what a selection we have! It is so hot here I do use the crock pot a lot and since DH doesn't care to grill outside I use the Foreman one inside. Have found it quite useful and can do a lot other than meat in it. I did see where someone was having cake and wanted to share my wonderful simple quick frosting recipe with you. This is just like fudge and can use on cakes or brownies.

CHOCOLATE FROSTING

MIX 1&1/3 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
    6 TABLESPOONS OF BUTTER OR OLEO
    6 TABLESPOONS OF MILK
    BRING TO A BOIL AND STIR BOILING FOR 30 SECONDS
    REMOVE FROM HEAT AND ADD A 12 OZ PACKAGE OF CHOCOLATE CHIPS, MIXING WELL (I USE MIXTURE OF MILK CHOCOLATE AND BUTTERSCOTCH OR CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER). LET SET FOR A VERY SHORT TIME AND STIR UNTIL IT IS OF A SPREADING CONSISTENCE. THIS IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR A 9X13 CAKE AND I ALWAYS HAVE THOSE WANTING THE RECIPE WHEN I SERVE IT.

I also think you could use other baking chips as well. We are such chocolate lovers I haven't tried others. If some of you do would you post so we can experiment also?

Blessings, Margaret

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Alright, here I am to sign up and share a recipe! (took me long enough, I know!)

Twice Baked Potato Casserole

6 med. potatoes, baked
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1 lb bacon, cooked and drained
    3 c. sour cream
    2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
    2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
    2 green onions

Cut peeled potatoes in 1 inch cubes.
    Place half in greased 13x9 baking dish.
    Sprinkle with half the salt, pepper, and bacon.
    Top with half the sour cream and cheeses.
    Repeat layers.
    Bake, uncovered at 350* for 25 minutes.
    Sprinkle with onions.

This is SOO yummy! But then we are a real meat and potato family here!

I think I'm going to do what Dan said, and put all of your recipes in a binder! They sound delicious!!

Can't wait to see you in your hat, Dan!!

Ya'll crack me up!

Gotta go and tend to the kiddos. Have a great day!
    Karen

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Mariann, the best I can offer is a Pork Butt Rub:

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Ingredients:
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup paprika
    2 tablespoons black pepper
    2 tablespoons salt
    1 tablespoon cayenne
    2 teaspoons dry mustard

Preparation:
    Mix all ingredients. Work mixture into meat about and hour before it goes on the smoker. Save some of the rub to sprinkle on during the smoking process to replace rub lost during turning.

What better way than to spice up your butt than with a rub?

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Yeah, they ate my pork, a WHOLE turkey, and a slab of ribs I asked them to keep for us. They claimed their fridge went out (which it did) while they were at work and they called their sister and she said "oh, the stuff won't be any good anymore throw it out," BUT this is what I believe really happened, BECAUSE they admitted to eating the slab of ribs.
    I THINK (it was hubby's cousin) that he called his sister and SHE said, oh well, just bring it over here we'll put it in my freezer and I'll cook them for us later. BECAUSE he eats at her house EVERYDAY, because he claims he doesn't like to cook for himself and because his food doesn't taste right.
    SO it is my way of thinking, she got some FREE food to feed her brother because he eats with her 99.9% of the time...what ya'll think? Uhh, huh! You think I am right don't cha? Yeppers, THEY ATE MY STUFF!

bunny, I wouldn't ever trust him with a car,,,oh, no...he can't drive with a dang...he runs red lights, runs through stop sign and just plain out old stupid stuff, I have seen him drive, runs off the road...he 'bout hit a mailbox one day when he was helping us move. And guess what he does for a living? YEAP, you guess it, he DRIVES A DUMP TRUCK...getting ready to start driving the bigger 40 ft dump beds that are pulled with a Tractor truck. Can't wait to see what happens with this new duty he has, he already was the reason for 2 wrecks on the job already, while in the dump truck, one of them he missed a gear and instead of trying to go in the next lower or higher gear, he slammed on breaks in the middle of the highway and someone rear-ended him! The OTHER guy was charge with driving to close...can ya'll believe it.... MAN O' MAN,,, the stories I could tell about his brainless self.....

Mariann, yes, I am still off and on...I am not sticking to it like I should, I went back to drinking sweet tea and some other no-no's but I would be glad to help you along and discuss the "diet" (supposed to be committed to a WAY OF LIFE 4ever, I slip) with you more if you would like. I think it is a great one, I just am not disciplined enough to follow through 100% all the time. I am human...blah, blab, blah AND EVERYBODY keeps posting the good stuff, sweets, cakes, cookies, and pies, OH MY!!! How's a girl supposed to stick to a low carb, no sugar diet like that? Huh? Just tell me... shame on ya'll for tempting the diet gods! what a shame, what a shame.

Vic, honey, you make the vinegar sauce and just spoon a couple of drizzles over the sammies, THEN add a couple of spoons of the slaw.... you just want enough of this sauce to have a little bite/kick/flavor not to over power the flavor of the meat or the bbq slaw.
    Dang it, I wish they would hurry up and put 'em back on sale... I WANT BBQ....thanks vic!....lol.
    Vic, it is ok to be confused, there are enough of us here to help you down that path...hehe (handing Vic a blind fold, come on honey...YOU can trust me really...hehe, inching toward the pool)...

What no drinks lately ladies and gentleman???

:) Fran

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

What better way than to spice up your butt than with a rub? OH tracy, you crack me up....I was wondering last now how far we were gonna take vics butt....HAHAHA

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Mariann,
    I marinated my butt in a mix of
    salt
    pepper
    garlic
    worscheshire
    soy sauce
    teriyaki sauce
    beer

I would have added some ital. drsg to it but didn't have any so I added a little beer instead :-)

As far as how much of each...I have no clue! lol
    But, I did add more teriyaki than the other 2. It just depends on my mood.

I know, it sounds like an odd combination, and after marinating all night I even poured the juice in the crock pot and cooked it in it. It gave it a really good flavor, but not too strong, and then when I used Fran's sweet BBQ sauce recipe, I used the juice from cooking instead of water.

I will definately be cooking with more BUTT!! hehe
    It was cheap! and good!

Vic

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Vic has a cheap BUTT!

Oh, Mercy....I ain't gonna TOUCH that one!!

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

That was for Mariann's butt when she sticks it in the crock pot. LOL! I will leave it to her hubby to help her out there though. :o)

OK Here is the Blackberry-Strawberry Pie Recipe:

Crust:
    2/3 C Cold Butter Cut Up
    2 C All Purpose Flour
    1 tsp Salt
    1/3 C Ice Water

Put flour and salt in a mixing Bowl or Food Processor, give it a quick toss. Add Cold Butter Pieces and blend with a pastry blender or food processor until coarse crumbs start to form. Add just enough water to make it bind without becoming too soft. Divide into 2 balls and wrap in saran wrap tightly and flatten into discs. Place in refrigerator until the filling is ready.

Filling:

3/4 C Sugar
    1/2 C Flour
    1/2 tsp Cinnamon
    2 C Strawberries
    4 C Blackberries
    1 Tbsp Lemon Juice (if you like it tart)
    1 Tbsp Butter

Preheat oven to 425. Mix sugar, flour and cinnamon in a sauce pan. Stir in Strawberries and Blackberries, toss to coat fruit. Add lemon juice if you wish and cook over low to medium heat until fruit becomes soft, and sauce thickens and becomes bubbly.

Roll out cold pastry for bottom crust, place in 9" pie plate. Turn filling into the bottom crust. Roll out second crust, place on top, crimp the sides, cut vents into top. Brush with 2 TBSP of milk, sprinkle with sugar. Place back in fridge for 10 minutes to re-chill the butter for an even flakier crust then bake.

Bake for 35-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice bubbles through the vents. Serve warm with ice cream.

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Bunny, I said cheap AND GOOD!!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

*plugging my ears* LA LA LA LA LA
    I'm NOT going there, Vic!!! LOL!
    No, wait.... I'm wondering....When selecting your CHEAP & GOOD butt, do you go for the ones with a nice marbling of fat for the flavor it gives or do you like the lean & taut ones??!

I do have a question about the BBQ sauce....Does COW work as well? Because I don't eat pork, but do chow down on the occasional cow......and I'm thinking that a nice BBQ beef sandwich sounds good, and I might have to get hubby to fire up the grill for me.

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Umm........I guess that would depend on what your going to do with it when you get it home!
    (I can't believe I just said that!)

Yep, I've had BBQ beef before and loved it!

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Wow, I haven't checked in lately, everyone's been so busy sharing yummy recipes! I'll have to search my recipe file and see what I can come up with!

Hugs,
    Deb

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Why do I have that song in my head, 'I like big butts and I don't know why'.....

You girls are too funny! Are you still plugging your ears Melissa?

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Yes, Bunny, I like beef BBQ I get that a lot if it is on a menu. It can also be used with turkey or chicken... The sweet sauce that is, I've never done it with the vinegar...that just seems nasty.

Oh no, kalena, don't get that started..lol

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Fran, I did the slaw and the vinegar sauce today!! Mmmm goood! I think I like the sweet sauce a little better but we have not decided yet. Jamie loved the 'original' type bbq sand! esp with the slaw!

Sorry Bunny, he didn't get to vote on your pie, he didn't get any! : D

At this rate, even the tent isn't going to fit!!

I'm thinking of making a chicken greek pasta salad tomorrow! I've never had one but for some reason it just sounds good! Anyone want a good greek drsg. recipe? Ever since I got this one from a friend I've not bought a bottle of it at the store! Mmmmm....

Vic

• pat_6
    15 years ago

I love to cook!!! I want to participate in the cookbook swap! I was just trying to decide which recipe to share when Vic mentioned pasta salad.

It made me think of this:

BLT, Chicken & Pasta Salad

Dressing:
    ½ c. mayo or salad dressing
    1/3 cup water
    1 TBS bottled barbecue sauce
    1 ½ tsp white vinegar
    1 ½ tsp freeze-dried chives, crumbled
    ¼ tsp each garlic powder and black pepper

Salad:
    1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
    8 oz. (3 cups) pasta twists (rotini)
    6 slices bacon
    3 cups torn lettuce
    1 large tomato, coarsely chopped (about 1 ¼ cups)

1. Mix all dressing ingredients in a large salad bowl until blended. Set aside.

2. Put chicken breast halves in a 6 qt. pot. Add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 8-10 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove with tongs to a cutting board to cool.

3. Add enough water to poaching liquid in pot to cook pasta. Bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until firm-tender. Drain well.

4. While pasta boils, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Crumble into small pieces.

5. Add HOT pasta to dressing in salad bowl and toss to mix and coat.

6. Cut chicken in bite-size pieces and add to salad bowl along with the bacon, lettuce and tomato. Toss gently to mix.

And for dessert:

Crescent Cheesecake (much like Applebees Chimi-Cheesecake)

2 pkg. Pillsbury crescent rolls
    16 oz. cream cheese, softened
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 tsp. vanilla
    ¼ cup sugar
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    ½ cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Spread 1 package of rolls in bottom of 9 x 13 pan. Cream together cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla. Spread over dough. Layer 2nd package of rolls on top.

Mix cinnamon, sugar and nuts. Sprinkle on top. Bake dessert at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool. Cover and refrigerate.

I hope you enjoy it!

Pat

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Pat those recipes look sooooo good! YUM! You just reminded me of one of my favorite appetizers.

Baked Brie

1 wheel of Brie Cheese
    Puffed Pastry
    Apricot Preserves
    2 TBSP Melted Butter

Cover the top of the brie in the apricot preserves and then cover the top with 3-4 sheets of puffed pastry and tuck the ends under the brie. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Serve warm with crackers.

Vic, let's here your greek salad recipe!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Oooh, Pat! I just added everything for BOTH of those recipes to my grocery list for the morning! LOL :O)
    I know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow night!

I don't know how many like lemon desserts, but I've looked for YEARS to find one that actually tastes lemony, instead of "just a hint". I'm one that needs alot of flavor. :O)
    After much searching, and trying DOZENS of recipes, here is one that I've come up with that is AWESOME.
    You can adjust the amount of lemon flavor by adding a bit less zest, if you like.
    The kids will eat these hot, right from the oven.

Tangy Lemon Bars

Crust:
    1/3 cup butter (softened)
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 cup flour

Filling:
    3/4 cup sugar
    2 eggs (lightly beaten)
    2 TBS flour
    2-3 tsp lemon zest (from about 2-3 lemons)
    1/4 cup lemon juice (from about 2-3 lemons)
    1/4 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix crust ingredients together, until the mixture is pebbley. Press down in an 8x8 baking pan. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until LIGHTLY brown.

Meanwhile, mix dry filling ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, whipping well. Let rest while the crust continues to bake.
    When the crust is ready, pour the filling directly onto the HOT crust.
    Bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until lightly brown & softly set in the middle.

You can enjoy these warm or cool. Either way, they are YUMMY!

• pat_6
    15 years ago

Yum! Melissa, I'll be trying those lemon bars. We love the tart lemon flavor.

Okay, this recipe is one that we usually only make around Thanksgiving/Christmas but I am from Kentucky, so it's kinda' my duty to promote the consumption of bourbon!

Bourbon Ball Candy
    1 c. finely chopped Pecans
    4-6 TBS (just depends on how much you like bourbon) Evan Williams bourbon
    ½ cup Butter
    1 lb. Confectioners Sugar

2 - 4 oz. bars German's German Chocolate
    ¼ bar paraffin

Put pecans and bourbon in a glass jar with lid. Soak at least 8 hours, turning. Cream together sugar and butter, until light. Fold in bourbon and pecans. Form dough into small balls and chill.

Melt chocolate and paraffin in a double boiler. Stir to mix thoroughly. Take dough from refrigerator, dip into coating and set on waxed paper to harden. Trim away excess chocolate when hardened.

Store candy in an airtight container. It gets better with each passing day (Well, Im sure theres some limit but it never lasts that long around here!), as the flavors blend and mellow.

I know there are some who think bourbon balls are crushed vanilla wafers and cocoa but this is the way we do it here and they are GOOD!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I've never had bourbon before, Pat! And those sound yummy. I'll have to wait until after Christmas to try them, though. :O(
    My grandma always makes Rum Cake for Thanksgiving......and somehow the cake that only takes a tiny bit of rum ends up needing 2-3 bottles! LOL No WONDER grandma is so jolly around the holidays! :O)

Our annual Grape Festival is starting in another week. They always have homemade wines, jellies, juice...anything you can make from grapes! Oh, and pasta!! The town was founded by Italians....mostly owning vineyards. But, the families still own a few restaraunts in town (from generations back), and the annual Spaghetti Dinner is a HUGE Thing during the grape fest. They've spent the last few weeks making over 700 lbs of pasta! Yikes, I can't imagine!

This year, I'm going to get a few bottles of wine to save back for special occasions, I think. Or give as Christmas presents! :O)
    The kids want to ride all the carnival rides....ugh..but I think I'll have get someone ELSE to take them...just THINKING about the tilt-a-whirl is making me sick. Bleh. I sure don't want to stand there and watch it! LOL
    Besides, I can amuse myself by looking at all the handmade crafts & goodies at the fair!! :O)

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Here are a few soup recipes.

Cream of Tomato and Basil Soup/Olive Garden/copycat recipe
    Serving Calculator (2-24 oz. servings)

cook: 12 min(s)
    prep: 5 min(s)

Ingredients

2 oz Butter
    1 ea Diced Red Onions
    2 cup(s) Dry White Wine
    3 cup(s) Canned Diced Tomatoes
    2 cup(s) Heavy Cream
    1 oz Chopped Fresh Basil
    Salt (to taste)
    Black Pepper (to taste)

Procedures

In a heavy 2 quart sauce pan melt butter and saute red onions until tender, 5 minutes.

Add white wine and reduce by 3/4.

Add tomatoes and heavy cream and bring to a simmer and reduce by 1/2.

Puree soup in a food processor.

Stir in chopped basil, salt and pepper.

Garnish with chopped fresh basil and tomatoes.
    *I use this basic recipe as a base, and have doubled it, even tripled the recipe for more soup.* It works well with fresh tomatoes, basil, cook a few minutes extra. Garnish with freshly cut chives or parsley too.

Another favorite in our house! Serve with hot buttered breadsticks, rolls, bread.

Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli/copycat recipe

Ingredients:
    3 tsp. Oil
    2 lb. Ground beef
    12 oz. Onion; chopped
    14 oz. Carrots; slivered
    14 oz. Celery; diced
    48 oz. Tomatoes; canned, diced
    2 C. Red Kidney beans
    2 C White kidney beans/and or garbonzo beans-rinse, drained (canned)
    88 oz. Beef stock
    3 tsp. Oregano
    2 1/2 tsp. Pepper
    5 tsp. Parsley; (fresh chopped)
    1 1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
    48 oz. Spaghetti sauce
    8 oz. dry pasta Shell macaroni; or other pasta

Preparation Instructions:
    Saute beef in oil in large 10-qt. pot until beef starts to brown. Add onions, carrots, celery and tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse beans and add to the pot. Also add beef stock, oregano, pepper, Tabasco, spaghetti sauce, and noodles. Simmer until celery and carrots are tender, about 45 minutes. Makes 9 qts. of soup! **Just cut the recipe in 1/2 for smaller family needs!

Freezes well too!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Another favorite!
    Olive Garden Cookie Dough Cheesecake/copycat recipe
    12 servings...
    2 Tbsp. Margarine
    2 1/2 C. Chocolate cookie crumbs
    2 lbs. Cream cheese - softened
    1 C. Sugar
    4 Eggs
    1 tsp. All-purpose flour
    1 tsp. Vanilla
    1 C. Sour cream
    1 lb. Refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
    2 oz. Chocolate chips
    TOPPINGS
    1 pt. Heavy whipping cream - whipped
    Chocolate chips
    Chopped walnuts
    Methods/steps
    Preheat oven to 325~.
    CRUST-Generously grease the bottom and sides of a 10" spring form pan. Combine the margarine with the chocolate cookie crumbs. Press onto the bottom and sides of the pan.
    FILLING-Using an electric mixer on high speed, combine cream cheese, sugar, eggs and flour and mix until smooth. Add vanilla and sour cream and mix just until blended. Pour 1/2 of the batter into prepared crust. Cut cookie dough into golf ball sized chunks and drop into batter. Sprinkle in chocolate chips. Pour over remaining batter. Bake for 60 minutes. Turn off the oven and open the door to the broil position. Allow cake to remain in the oven 30 more minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, remove the sides of the pan and top with fresh whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.

So good! ;)

Olive Garden 5-Cheese Lasagna/Copycat

Description You can make this one ahead, and serve later.

Makes
    12 servings...

CREAM SAUCE:

1/4 C. Butter
    1/4 C. Flour
    2 C. Milk

CHEESE FILLING:

1/4 C. Sun-dried tomatoes -- oil Packed -- minced
    1 tablespoon Fresh garlic -- minced
    3 1/2 C. Ricotta cheese
    3 Eggs
    1 C. Grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 C. Grated Romano cheese
    1/2 tsp. Salt
    1 tsp. Black pepper

OTHER:

4 C. Mozzarella cheese -- shredded
    1 C. Spinach lasagna noodles or Regular if unavailable
    Marinara sauce -- as desired
    Extra Parmesan cheese
    Freshly grated
    Methods/steps
    To make sauce melt butter with medium heat in heavy, 1 quart saucepan. Add flour and stir until well blended; cook until frothy. Add milk, stirring constantly with wire whisk as mixture comes to a simmer. Cook and stir until thickened (3-4 minutes). Chill while mixing other ingredients. Drain and mince tomatoes and garlic. Place other cheese filling ingredients in 3-quart mixing bowl with tomatoes and garlic. Add 1-1/2 cups of cooled cream sauce and mix until well blended. Refrigerate, reserving 1/2-cup for later use.

Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Cool under cold water and drain. Place 3 lasagna noodles in a 9x13x2 lightly oiled baking dish, overlapping slightly. Spread 1-1/2 cups cheese filling over noodles; sprinkle with one cup mozzarella and 1/4-cup fontina cheese. Repeat pasta and cheese layering three more times; top with remaining three lasagna noodles. Spread 1/2-cup of reserved cream sauce over top and cover lightly with foil. Preheat oven to 350~ and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and keep warm at least 30 minutes before serving.

Serve topped with hot marinara and Parmesan cheese. (Can be refrigerated a day before baking if desired.)

**I liked this recipe, however I added a few things to it so that it had more flavor and was not just cheese and noodles. I added 1 lb of hamburger. Brown the hamburger/drain then add (fresh or dried) minced garlic, basil, parsley, rosemary, and oregano, about 1 1/2 t of each to the meat and let it cook just a moment longer to get the flavor of the spices into the meat. Add a jar of spaghetti sauce, I like to use Prego/or classico or any one of the other quality variations. Then, when you are making the lasagna, layer the noodles, the cheese mixture, a layer of the meat sauce, sprinkled cheese, and then noodles again. End with the meat sauce on top and just a little sprinkled cheese. Bake the same as the recipe calls for. It really adds a lot more flavor to this and makes it truly delicious.

Hugs,
    Deb

• pat_6
    15 years ago

Deb, those recipes sound great! I look forward to trying the soups when the weather cools off a bit.

Tracy (and everyone else), here is my apple bread recipe:

Trishs Apple Bread

1 1/2 cups Sugar
    3/4 cup Butter Flavored Crisco
    3 Eggs, slightly beaten
    1 TBS Vanilla
    3 cups all-purpose Flour
    1 tsp. Baking Soda
    1 tsp Baking Powder
    1 tsp. Salt
    1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
    4 cups diced Apple (I use Golden Delicious or Granny Smith)
    1 cup chopped, toasted Pecans & Walnuts (Heat nuts in preheated 350 deg oven for 5-10 min, until you can smell them toasting. Do NOT overbrown or they will be bitter)

Topping:
    2 TBS sugar
    ½ tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour two 8 ½" x 5 ½" loaf pans.

Stir sugar and Crisco in med-sized bowl, until light and well blended. Incorporate eggs and vanilla.
    Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Blend dry ingredients into liquid ingredients, a little at a time, by hand, just until mixed. Fold in apples and nuts.

Divide batter between two prepared pans.

Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small cup. Sprinkle over tops of loaves.

Bake in center of preheated oven, approx. 55 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Let the breads cool in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Run a thin knife around the edges, remove breads and place on wire rack to cool.

When thoroughly cooled, place in air tight container. Store at room temperature. Very good the first day, even better the second day!

This freezes well too. When apples are in-season, I make 2-4 of these recipes; cool the bread, slice it, wrap in small portions and store in the freezer. It's nice to be able to take out just a few servings at a time for months!

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Wow deb! Those recipes look fab! I like your add ons. I like cheese but need a little something extra with my za. Sometimes I do a spinach one with ricotta, parm and mozzarella. I'm starving! SO SO SO hungry! I could eat a tank right now!

Pat! Thank you so much for posting that! You had me dreaming of it ever since you mentioned that you've been baking it. Sounds so good! I can't wait to hit the farm to grab some of their apples at picking time. Yum yum yum yum! You better believe I'm going to be at least tripling it so I can stick some in the freezer.

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

I can feel my butt expanding just reading these!! LOL
    They all sound so good!

Ok here's a Greek Dressing recipe (I'm sure ya all know how to throw together a greek salad to go with it)

2c Corn oil
    5/8c Apple Cider Vinergar
    1tbsp Accent
    1tsp salt
    1tsp oregano
    1/4tsp garlic salt

mix and chill!

This is the way my GF gave it to me, when I make it I use
    1c corn oil
    1c olive oil
    and a tad more vinegar

I just love this dressing, and it's so much cheaper than the $5-6 bottle at the store!

Melissa,
    700 lbs of pasta!! I would be in heaven! I love pasta, I could live on cold pasta salad and fruit all summer, but I don't have enough pasta recipes! hint hint hint : )

Vic

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Olive Garden Venetian Apricot Chicken/Copycat
    Serves 2
    Description Olive Garden is known for their seasonal menu's. Here is one of their most recent seasonal menu. This recipe combines many things you have in your kitchen: preserves, chicken stock, basil, chicken breasts. Don't miss out on this flavorful dish. You can cook up a little pasta with this, and have an entire meal.

Apricot Sauce:
    1 cup chicken stock (broth)

1 cup apricot preserves

Salt and pepper to taste

Tomato Mixture:

1 lb roma tomatoes, cut into 1" pieces

12 basil leaves, cut into 1/2" pieces

2 tsp garlic pepper

Salt to taste

Garlic Herb Seasoning:

3 tsp garlic pepper

1 tsp Italian seasoning

Additional ingredients

2 bunches asparagus (remove bottom inch of stems)

1 lb broccoli florets

2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil

8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Chopped parsley to garnish

Methods/steps
    1)COMBINE Garlic Herb Seasoning ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.

2)BLEND chicken stock and apricot preserves in a sauce pan. Add salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.

3)COMBINE tomatoes, basil, garlic pepper and salt in a separate mixing bowl and set aside.

4)BLANCH asparagus and broccoli for 1 minute in a pot of salted boiling water. Transfer immediately to ice bath to stop cooking.

5)COAT saute pan with olive oil. Keeping ingredients separated in pan, heat cooled asparagus, broccoli and tomato mixture and until hot. Do not overcook.

6)GRILL chicken until internal temperature reaches 165°F.

7)PLACE grilled chicken on a platter next to hot broccoli and asparagus. Sprinkle Garlic Herb Seasoning on broccoli. Pour tomato mixture on top of vegetables.

8)TOP chicken breasts with apricot sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Olive Garden Parmesan Crusted Chicken/Copycat

Description This does take a couple of extra steps, but it is worth it!

1 C. Plain Bread Crumbs
    2 Tbsp. Flour
    1/4 C. Kraft Parmesan Cheese
    1 C. Milk
    6 (1/2") Thick Pieces of Chicken Breast Strips (chicken tenders)
    Vegetable Oil (frying)
    2 C. dry Bowtie Pasta
    2 Tbsp. Butter
    3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
    2 tsp. Crushed Garlic
    1/2 C. White Table Wine (Chablis)
    1/4 C. Water
    2 Tbsp. Flour
    3/4 C. Half and Half
    1/4 C. Sour Cream
    1/2 tsp. Salt
    1/8 tsp. Basil Leaves
    3/4 C. Mild Asiago Cheese (finely grated)

Methods/steps
    Prepare pasta according to package directions. Wash and drain chicken strips. Mix breadcrumbs, flour, and Parmesan cheese together. Place milk in dish for dipping. Dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture and then in milk and then back in breadcrumbs. Place in fry pan that the oil has bee heated and fry at medium to medium low temperature until golden. Remove and drain chicken. In a saucepan on medium heat, melt butter, add olive oil. Whisk in flour until mixture is blended. Quickly add garlic, water, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt stir well. Add wine and blend. Immediately add half and half and sour cream stir. When mixture is smooth add grated cheese stir until melted. Finally sprinkle fresh basil in the sauce and stir lightly and remove from heat.
    Garnish

4 Broccoli Florets (lightly steamed)
    2 White Mushrooms (quartered lightly steamed)
    1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
    Assembly:
    Place 2 cups pasta in individual a pasta dish. Spoon about 1/2 - 3/4 cup sauce over pasta, add broccoli and mushrooms. Place Parmesan Chicken on pasta and sprinkle red crushed pepper and add grated Parmesan cheese if desired.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Olive Garden Chicken Marsala/Copycat

Description This is a classic you do not want to be without.

4 Chicken half breasts - boneless, skinless
    1/4 C. cake flour
    1/2 tsp. Salt
    1/2 tsp. Oregano
    4 Tbsp. Oil
    4 Tbsp. Butter
    1/2 tsp. Pepper
    1 C. Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
    1/2 C. Marsala Wine

Methods/steps
    Combine flour, salt, pepper, and oregano and blend well. Heat the oil and butter in a skillet until bubbling lightly. Dredge the chicken in the flour and shake off the excess. Cook the chicken on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly brown. As you turn the beasts to the second side to cook, add the mushrooms around the chicken pieces. Cook about 2 more minutes, until lightly browned on the second side. Stir the mushrooms. When the second side is lightly browned, add the wine around the pieces, cover the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes.

Serve with buttered noodles, bowties, etc. Don't forget the fresh warm bread, rolls!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Strawberry Swirl Bread

BREAD:
    1 3/4 cups flour
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
    1/2 cup margarine, melted
    1 egg, beaten
    1 cup fresh or frozen (not in syrup) strawberries, mashed
    1/3 cup water

SWIRL:
    1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 egg, beaten

Make swirl first. Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Set aside. Grease and flour one 9x5 loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350* Combine dry ingredients. Combine strawberries, margarine, egg, and water. Mix strawberry mixture into dry ingredients just till moistened. Pour all but 2 cups into prepared loaf pan. Pour cream cheese swirl mixture over strawberry batter: top with reserved strawberry batter. Cut through batter with a knife to
    create swirl. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, remove from pan, cool completely before cutting. Store tightly wrapped in plastic in refrigerator. Keeps several months if wrapped well and frozen.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia (Copycat)

1/4 cup shaved semisweet chocolate
    1/4 cup fresh bing cherry, halved and pitted (you may use canned cherries, but be sure to drain the syrup)
    2 large egg
    3/4 cup sugar
    2 cups heavy cream or whipping cream
    1 cup milk

Place the shaved chocolate flakes and the cherries in
    separate bowls; cover and refrigerate.
    Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and
    fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.

Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue
    whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute
    more.

Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend; add
    chilled chocolate and cherries and stir to combine.
    Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze
    following the manufacturer's instructions.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Outback Steakhouse Tiger Dill Sauce

2/3 c. sour cream
    1/4 c. real mayonnaise
    3 tsp. prepared horseradish
    3/4 tsp. sugar
    1/4 tsp. dill weed

Blend all ingredients together well. Refrigerate, tightly covered, overnight to develop flavors. Serve with any beef dish.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Applebee's Tequila Lime Chicken

1 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast
    1/2 cup lime juice
    1/4 cup tequila (non-alcoholic may be used)
    1/2 cup tortilla chips
    1/4 cup Mexi-ranch Dressing (recipe to follow)
    1/4 cup shredded Cheddar jack cheese

Set oven to broil.

To prepare chicken, pour lime juice and tequila into a
    sealable plastic bag. Place chicken in bag and chill.
    Marinate chicken overnight.

To prepare Mexi-ranch Dressing, in a small bowl mix:

1 tablespoon salsa
    3 tablespoons ranch dressing

Remove chicken from marinade and grill over medium
    heat 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.

To assemble: Scatter tortilla chips on an oven-safe
    plate. Place chicken on top of tortilla chips. Pour
    Mexi-ranch dressing over chicken. Cover with the
    shredded Cheddar jack cheese. Place chicken under the
    broiler until cheese is melted. Be careful, plate will
    be hot!

Serve with Pico de Gallo and Spanish rice on the side.

Hugs,
    Deb

• galium
    15 years ago

Deb-Great recipes!!

Pat-Looking forward to trying the Apple Bread recipe.

Vic-I love Greek Salads.

Here's a recipe I found on Epicurious. My DH is lactose intolerant. I have a hard time finding cookie recipes that he'll actually eat. These are delicious!

OATMEAL RASPBERRY THUMBPRINTS
    Makes about 36 cookies

1 1/4 cups walnuts
    1 1/4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 tsp salt
    6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, softened
    1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
    1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
    1 large egg yolk
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/2 cup raspberry preserves (I use Polander)
    Confectioner's sugar for dusting

~Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 baking sheets
    ~Place walnuts in a food processor and process until finely ground. Transfer nuts to a shallow pie plate or shallow bowl.
    ~In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, and salt, set aside.
    ~In the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the butter, shortening and brown sugar at med-high speed until light nd creamy. Beat in the egg yolk and the vanilla. At low speed add oat mixture-mix until well blended. (I use an electric hand mixer to do this)
    ~Pinch off pieces of dough and shape into 1-inch balls.
    ~Roll a ball in the ground walnuts, coating it completely. Place ball on a baking sheet. Flatten it slightly with your palm, then press your thumb into the center to form an indentation. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of preserves into indention, filling it. Repeat with remaining dough arranging them 1 1/2" apart.
    ~Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, for 14 to 16 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
    ~Dust cookies lightly with sifted confectioner's sugar before serving.
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Tried the recipe I posted earlier with the pork chops with eye of round steak (normally shoe leather unless you simmer for a loooong time), added mushrooms and dropped to one onion. It was amazing! I thought I'd made enough to share left overs with my grown sons, but there was NOTHING left! Thought I'd pass along the changes and results :)

Kathy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Deb the parmesan chicken sounds awesome. That is one of my favorite dishes! The sauce sounds great, I can't wait to try it. I have chicken tenderloins in the freezer. Now I know what I'm making with them.

Mariann, My mom made thumbprint cookies for us at Christmas every year. Bringing back some good memories with that recipe.

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

WOWWWW SHEESH WHERE HAVE I BEEN???? LOOK AT ALL OF THESE YUMMY RECIPES!!!

WAVING BIG AT BECKI, MISSED YA GIRLIE GIRL!!!

Ok I'll quit talking so loud now!!!

As far as the rain, Sassy, funny thing is.... IT RAINED EVERYWHERE AROUND ME but we just got some rain on Thursday but it has now gotten hot and dry again!

This is making me very HONGRYYYY!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

I just got the book Faeries by Brian Froud in the mail today. I sure wish I'd had it during the fairy/gnome swap! If you've never seen/read it, I'd definitely recommend going to the bookstore and buying it, or ordering it online! It's filled with pictures, mythology, and all kinds of information about the world of faery. I'm now going to see about ordering the book Gnomes by the same author!
    Dan

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

TGI FRIDAYS 9-LAYER DIP

INGREDIENTS:
    2 Strip Lean Bacon
    1 16 ounce can refried beans (plain)
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
    3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    3/4 cup guacamole
    1/3 cup diced tomatoes
    1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
    2 tablespoon sliced black olives
    2 tablespoon finely sliced green onions

DIRECTIONS:
    Fry diced bacon until done, add refried beans and cook slowly and stir frequently until the bacon and bacon drippings are mixed through about 15 minutes, remove from heat. Mix taco seasoning with sour cream and set aside. To build 9 layer dip place ingredients in this order on a shallow serving platter:
    Spread refried beans to about 1 inch thick. 1/2 cup of the
    shredded cheese, cup sour cream, guacamole, diced tomatoes,
    diced cilantro, black olives, and sliced green onion. Add 1/4 cup cheese over top for garnish. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, toasted thin sliced french bread (whatever you have a taste for and have on hand).

Deb

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Okay, got the book Gnomes ordered, though it was by another author.

Does anyone have some extra coneflower seed they'd like to do a trade for? I just realized this week that I don't have any in my perennial garden. Now, how'd that happen???
    -Dan

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Hey Dan, How about I just send you some purple coneflower with the hat? I have TONS of them! lol! I have some special ones that I started from seed this year that are getting pretty big that I need to divide soon. I can send some of those too.

Tracy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Mariann, I love greek salad too, and pasta, that's why I have had this craving for a pasta greek salad with chicken. I've never made it, but was going to just make the same as a greek salad but with pasta instead of lettuce and add chicken. Something about heat in the high 90's makes me want cold pasta dishes!

Those thumbprints sound good, that would be a fun one for Zack.

Deb, the strawberry swirl bread sounds yummy, you've got some good recipes!

Dan, I can't help on the coneflowers, but the book sounds interesting. I was reading some stuff on the net about fairies and gnomes, it was neat.

Vic

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Dan, Brian Froud does the book "Goblins" (which is also a good book). I love his artwork!!! I have Gnomes ( by Wil Huygen) and Faeries along with some other along the same genre and would be very happy to share them. (Now think about it lol Imma Pixie after all lmbo!) I love books like that especially if they have cool pictures!!! hahaha.

I have been writing recipes down and KNOW that all of Debs recipes are good, tried them before and always love them. All these recipes look soo yummy that I don't even need to cook them to get stuffed, I just read them and get full!!!

Annie, I tried your omelets for supper tonight, man they are very easy and turned out veryyyy yummy!!! It was just me eating but I do plan on making them for fox and Alan also. Going to try to try all these recipes lol.

I am making my potato salad and baked beans tomorrow along with some quick brownies. (for Alan and Tylers B-day party). I may make some Lemon Cookies also, they are good and easy. We are buying Brisket and I am cooking some venison sausage to go with, and then the rest will be sides and sweets. Kimmie and Mike have a friend with a a Karoke thingie(Ducky loves these things lol) so I am sure it will be very interesting lol. Oh well.

I have a horrible headachie, my glasses still haven't come in and I have been working on a couple cross stitch projects in between my Spring Cleaning efforts and it has given me the headachie.

Ok going to go watch some cartoons now, ya'll have a great night.

Pixie

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Tracy, that'd be great! Thank you!

I was at the store yesterday and saw that the big floppy hats were on sale. It was funny to be walking by them, thinking to myself "That's probably what Tracy's going to send, with a lot of embellishments of course!" LOL!!!
    You've got Paula thinking I'm going to wind up looking like Carmen Miranda, with a pile of fruit on top of my head!

Now it's off to my favorite garden center to see what's on sale, then back home to watch Labyrinth to see some goblins!
    Ever watch that movie? It's tres cool!

-Dan

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

okay, this is NOT a good place to be lurking when you haven't had breakfast yet..."smacking lips"

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Ah ha! (Adding a banana and a bunch of grapes to the shopping list) I just had some more great ideas for the decorations on the hat. Heh heh heh!

Last Sunday I decided to stop by our local growers to see what was on sale and they were closed! Argh, when else do I have time to shop for plants but on a late Sunday morning? It always makes me sad when they shorten their hours and days open. I start to realize summer will be coming to a close. *Sniffle*

I got you down for some coneflowers Danny boy!

Trina, you better save me some brisket! You've talked about it so much over the last year that I now dream about it. I'm saying a prayer for all the neighbors that will be inflicted with the sounds of Karaoke. Poor people, they don't know what's going to hit them.

Vic, your pasta salad sounds great with the chicken. That is one of my favorite things in the summer time. Cold and refreshing! Yum!

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

LOL ok a rundown on the party lol. The Karoke guy cancelled. Kimmie dropped the Birthday Cake on the floor. I was at home in bed at 8.5. It was a fun gathering though.

I can't even look at plants right now cause I know that they wouldn't make it if I got some new ones. Its just so freakin hot and dry here dangie! The weather here just zaps all the energy out of a person! My eggplants have somehow survived and whoohoo Imma gonna be able to "harvest" at least two of them lol. All my peppers survived also, I don't like peppers but guess Im going to make some hot salsa for friends and my guys. Im giving away all the bell peppers that are going like crazy (we don't like bell peppers lol). Ok if any of ya'll are wondering why I planted things that I don't eat hmmm well its just cause I like to grow things lol.

smiles,
    Pixie

• galium
    15 years ago

The other day my DH and I stopped at a local Farm Stand to buy corn. The owner told me a great way to cook corn in the Microwave. I did it last night and I was really pleased at the way it came out. The silk just fell off the ear-no cleaning.

Place a ear of corn in the Microwave. Leave everything on it-husk and silk. Cook on high 3 1/2-5 minutes. It's very hot so be careful. I almost burned myself. Pull off the husk and the silk comes with it. It's crisp and juicy. No more soggy corn for me. Plus boiling all that water makes our house steamy.
    Mariann

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Mariann, that does sound easy!
    Have you cooked corn on the grill before?
    Soak it in water for at least 1/2hr before, leave the husk and silk on, then put it on the grill, or over a campfire, I cook it till all sides look burnt (just don't have it right in the flames!) It is hot so let it cool a bit before husking. I love corn this way!
    Vic

• beckilove
    15 years ago

Thanks for those great ideas, Mariann and Vic! We always boil it, which is probably most convenient, as I usually do two dozen or more at a time. But, if we just want one or a few, the microwave way sounds so easy!! And we have talked about doing it on the grill too, but haven't, so I really appreciate the detailed instructions on that!! My kids will eat so much corn!! Lily, my three year old, eats 3 to 4 ears when we have it. And Dylan and William each ate about 7 ears Monday night, I think! We had some left after dinner, and after they did dishes, they asked if they could eat some more. I said, sure, eat as much as you want, just leave some for Dad when he gets home. They each sat down and ate 4-5 more (as they had only had 3 with supper.) You can believe they were both up in the bathroom FIRST THING the next morning!! : )

I froze about 35 lbs. of whole kernal corn over the last two days, and Dave is going to pick more tonight. He was going to last night, but realized I have to can beans and freeze a load of broccoli and cauliflower today, so I think he gave me a bit of a reprieve! Thank goodness! Thursday is market day, so I'll be baking until I go there, but I'll plan on freezing corn again on Friday! I DO love seeing all these things pile up in the freezer and on my pantry shelves, knowing how much food we are stocking for winter!!!

Becki

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey girls

Vick I love grilled corn and Mariann I'll be trying the microwave way too.

Anyone else having problems with GW loading? I haven't been able to get it to load the last couple of days.

Becki I'm trying to put up 2 bushels of corn and watch little Kenzie, fun.....fun.....fun! lol About to wear MeMa out!

Could all of you send me an email with the subject line either Plants are okay or No Plants. I'll do my best to post partners tonight or tommorrow for sure and that way I can also make a list of who can or wants to receive plants.

I better get back to it. Have a good day everyone:)

Sassy

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have to apologizse, it will be tomorrrow before I post partners, I'm sorry, but thats how it is, I'm tired. Hope you all have a good night and since I've only have 4/5 emails, doesn't look like its a big problem. Thank you to the ones that have emailed. I got them, thanks! The rest of you will have to speak to your partner when I post them.

Keep checking, it will be posted by tommorrow. Sorry, been busy/

Sassy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Sassy, I sent you an email last nigth darlin'! I just sent you another one. Hope you got this one ok. Smooches!

Tracy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Sassy,

If it's not too late, I think I should pull out of this swap.. in light of my mom's passing, I just don't think I can give it the creative energy or attention the swap deserves.. Please let me know if this is ok.. if that leaves you with someone partner-less, I'll stay in, but the pkg will definitely be sent late.

Hugs,
    Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Wendy, I just want to say I'm sorry about the loss of your mom, and wish I were there to give you a hug.

I'm back home until Monday night. I think I've picked up enough twigs, branches, logs, and stuff that only the good Lord knows where it came from to last me a life time. The contractors will start on my sister's roof sometime next week, and the tree service is so backed up I'm not for sure when they will get to her to take down the rest of the trees that can't be saved.

I do have a lot of catching up to do, and thank goodness for copy and paste. So many yummy things to fix, and I'm not for sure what I will try first.

Sassy, I know I was suppose to e-mail you but yahoo is giving me fits this morning so who-ever you match me up with is fine with me. Just let me know if they want plants or not. I did have trouble getting into GW while in Iowa, and I thought it was just my sister's computer's settings.

While I was gone we got another 4 inches of rain, and the wind did some damage on my tomato plants, The neighbor lost a few trees, but did miss the house, so no real damage was done. Isn't it amazing we love trees, but oh the damage they can do.

I've got weeds outside calling my name,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Hi Annie, glad you are home safe and sound. How were things out at your sisters place? Was the damage pretty bad from the tree on her house? Sorry to hear about your maters!

Sassy is having the same trouble logging on to GW that so many others are having lately. I will be posting the list of partners for her in a few minutes. Just waiting on any final touches before I come back to post. So hang on gang, the list is a comin! :o)