Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
veeja11

new: obf christmas in july swap

veeja11
11 years ago

Finally I can post, OBF is a year long trade group, you must be a member to join this swap, if you would like to join send myself or shirley an e-mail. For this swap please sign up by july 20th and mail by the 30th, since it is so hot, you will just send your partner a christmas card, with red and green seeds. please sign up if ya wanna play, sorry this is so late. hugs carol

Comments (77)

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!!!!

Since I won the first game, I'll sit this one out.

Hope you have a terrific week!
    vina

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday, Carol.
    For colors, how about blue and yellow.

Jeanne

• veeja11
    Original Author
    11 years ago

guess a hint is in order house color was sky______. Trim was
    the word that follows these words, straw, blue, rasp, black and dingle. good luck. hugs carol

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Blue
    Berry

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Carol-Happy Birthday...hope you get lots of icecream & cake.

Maryanne-So sorry to hear about the heart attack...Wow..You take care and DON'T be doing anything outside lady. I guess someday soon all us little Senior ladies will just have to read about the younger generation planting and swapping plants. DH asks me when are we going to slow-down with this gardening (when all the yard grass has been dug up and there's no more yard?) I say I don't know but I'll let you know when I figure it out.

Jeanne-I have dry eyes and they water constantly when wind or air blows in my face. When I walk outside and it is windy I use a box of tissue dabbing at my eyes, and I even wear sunglasses. The two eye surgeries I had added to the dryness. Hope you are at your best very soon...take care.

Vina-I posted some irises I want to trade on the iris exchange if you are interested LMK.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Morning All!

Shirley, how can I resist that list, lol! It's like dangling a steak in front of a hungry doggie. ;) Already posted on your thread.

This has been such a crazy week. Last Sunday afternoon my mom, myself and my mil all decided to have a group yard sale...it starts TOMORROW! I've been sorting, pricing and boxing things all week. I am utterly exhausted. Tonight we set up and we open tomorrow. Good heavens! Just getting ready for this thing is like 2 full time jobs rolled into one!

I'm even putting some plants out there, just to see if they go.

Wish us luck :)
    vina

• veeja11
    Original Author
    11 years ago

congrats Shirley, you won. hope to post names tomorrow. I get the fun of doing a neighborhood garage sale next weekend. stay cool, hugs to all my bloomin friends Carol

• veeja11
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello ladies, partners are:
    Shirley sends to Annie, Annie sends to Faye, Faye sends to Melody, Melody sends to Jlee, Jlee sends to Carol, carol sends to Jean, Jean sends to Vina, Vina sends to Shirley. hope I got it right and didn't miss anyone. where is Mellen was she consumed on the 4th ?Jean lost your addy send please. merry christmas have fun ladies
    hugs carol

• margaret_2007
    11 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Yes, Carol, you missed me but if everyone is scheduled, just let be the way it is. I don't mind of not being in this one. Please let me know. Blessings, Margaret

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Carol, I'll be happy to make an adjustment if that allows Margaret to join in. Not sure how that would work, but if it does, let me know. I will e-mail my address to you. Vina, your card and seeds will go out sometime after Monday (unless I hear from Carol to make a swith in how I do this!)

Jeanne

• mellen
    11 years ago

Good question, Carol. Where IS mellen? I hear she went nuts. Actually, been busy trying to keep flowers going in this heat and drought. Yes, we are in the drought area(s) in Iowa. Been spending lots of time with family--sis who just had her last chemo, sister who helped me dig and split about 100 hostas, AND being with my granddaughter in MN.

Maryanne, I got sick to my stomach when I read you had a heart attack. PLEASE take good care of yourself. Love 'ya.

Heading to north WI for a week plus of vacation with a sister and mom. Cabin owned by great-aunt on a private lake. NO TV, computer, etc. :)

Melting,
    ME

• margaret_2007
    11 years ago

Hi, Ladies-Jeanne- thank you for offering but I think we can just keep it like it is. I understand how this can happen & am not offended in any way.

Carol-Thanks for hosting. I know what a job it is & please just let the swap stand as it.
    Blessings, Margaret

• veeja11
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ok sorry Margaret how about you send to Jean and I send to you. I think this would work if you see a problem plmk. knew I would mess something up. all fixed now. hugs carol. ps need your addy

• jlee160
    11 years ago

Carol, will you please send me your addy? Thanks, Jen

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Is this how it goes now, Carol?

Shirley sends to Annie, Annie sends to Faye, Faye sends to Melody, Melody sends to Jlee, Jlee sends to Carol, Carol sends to Margaret, Margaret sends to Jeanne, Jeanne sends to Vina, Vina sends to Shirley.

Happy to get you into the mix, Margaret!
    Jeanne

• margaret_2007
    11 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Thanks for including me. Jeanne, I sent you an email for your address & suggestions for your seed wants. Merry Christmas, All. Blessings, Margaret

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Afternoon everyone!

Shirley, your Christmas surprise is going out in the morning.
    I'll post DC when I mail.

HO! HO! HO!
    vina :D

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Vina,
    Your card and seeds are ready and I should be able to get them to the post office before it closes. This was a fun swap for me!
    Jeanne

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Shirley, your Christmas is on the way :) DC:0312 0090 0000 8208 1039 Hope you likey.

Thanks Jeanne!! Can't wait for Christmas In July :D

Have a great night!
    vina

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

I got in touch with Jen (Jlee) for my side of the swap, but I haven't heard from Faye yet. Should I email her my address? I checked back through this thread and I haven't seen her post here in a while. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard from her lately.

~ Melody

• nottougly
    11 years ago

Hello everyone,
    Sorry I have not posted in awhile. I am working at Duracell making C and D batteries, working 12 hour swing shifts. I just worked 7 days straight. But I am off this weekend:)
    Melody please email me your address and I will get it out by Monday.
    Thanks,
    Faye!

• nottougly
    11 years ago

Hello everyone,
    Sorry I have not posted in awhile. I am working at Duracell making C and D batteries, working 12 hour swing shifts. I just worked 7 days straight. But I am off this weekend:)
    Melody please email me your address and I will get it out by Monday.
    Thanks,
    Faye!

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Faye,

I sent you an email this morning to confirm your address. I am sure it is correct but I know if I do not confirm, it will be wrong...LOL!!!! I will send your way on Monday!!

Happy weekend to all!!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Happy Sunday!

My Merry Christmas from Jeanne arrived :D
    Jeanne, so cute!! Did you make this card yourself. You are very talented. It is an adorable wreath card with little berries all over it. 3 dimensional, I LOVE IT! And my special little Christmas presents (seeds) are all packaged in Christmas wrapping paper. So cute!
    My seeds are:
    Red Russian Kale
    Red Rubin Basil
    Tomato: Green Sausage (I need to look this up, it sounds so interesting!)
    Parsley
    Onion: Red Blush
    Luna Red Hibiscus

THANK YOU SO MUCH JEANNE!! Everything was packaged so terrific! You've made my Christmas in July :D

Talk to you later!
    vina

• margaret_2007
    11 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Just a note to say I am getting close to sending your Christmas out, Jeanne. Sorry to be late but life gets in the way of things I really want & I think need to do! We finally got a bread in the weather & a small amount of rain. I praise the Lord for every drop as it is so very dry here. Have a great week. Blessings, Margaret

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Vina-I received my wonderful Christmas in July box. Thank you so much for all the things you sent.

seeds:
    ornamental black sorghum
    turquoise sapphire tower puya alpestric
    yellow canary creeper vine
    cup and saucer vine
    gallardia tokeyer
    ipomoea carnea
    poppy danish flag
    morning glory grandpa ott's
    marigold striped marvel

snowman holiday spatula

Garden Greetings Book -Unique gifts to layer in jars (Vina I love this book, I can't wait to make some and give as gifts)

Food network magazine with Fall recipes...can't wait to check out all the things in this.

Vina you sent way beyond what you were supposed to and I thank you so much. The Christmas card is precious.

Annie-I will mail yours on Tuesday, running behind lately.

Maryanne-Hope you are doing ok. Let us know you are OK when you can.

I would like to have everyones phone (cell) number if they don't mind. If something happens to one of us no one knows unless that person finally posts and tell us. I will send out an e-mail asking for these soon. I will keep track and know if you don't post in a long while, then you get a phone call. LOL

Faye-Sounds like a good job making batteries. We all need those batteries.

Good Night

Shirley

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Faye,

"Christmas in July" is in the mail, headed your way!!

Shirley, I agree, phone numbers are a good idea!!!

Happy Tuesday!!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Shirley, I'm so glad it made it. :) I thought the Layered Gifts book was so cute. I bought one for myself too. :) And when I saw the snowman spatula, I knew that was for you, lol!

I agree with Annie, phone numbers are a good idea :)

Have a super Tuesday everyone! Try to stay cool :)
    vina

• margaret_2007
    11 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Another week of high 90's here so must water at least every other day. Sounds like this is the way it is all around the country.

Jeanne-Your exchange is in the mail. You might have received it already. Blessings, Margaret

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Margaret,
    I'll let you know when it arrives. It sounds like everyone is staying busy.

Today I decided to cancel the surgery on my second eye. My first eye that had the surgery a month ago is still not back to normal. So many people do so well with cataract surgery, I keep thinking "why me?" Hopefully it will get back to normal in a few more weeks. If it stays like this I will be seriously unhappy!

Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Jeanne-Praying your eye does get back to normal, sometimes it does take some longer than others in recovery. Not sure the reasoning behind it but don't give up. I had an eye surgery years ago and asked for one day off from work and ended up taking 6 days off. My vision was so blurred I almost panicked but it came back.

Annie-Your July swap package is on its way finally. I mailed it Tuesday.

I heard from Maryanne and she is doing fine. She is the first one I got a telephone number from. I hope to hunt up e-mails and get those sent out shortly.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Another wonderful swap from Shirley has arrived!

Santa Shirley sent me.....

* a lovely glittery snowman Christmas card
    * a snowman gift bag
    * fresh fruity flavor candy sticks...I have never tried these!
    * JULY notepad

*And lots of seeds
    Sugar Daddy Peas
    Watermelon Bougue Sound
    Broccoli Packman
    Sunflower Chianti
    Cherry Tomato
    Rose of Sharon Minerva
    Eastern Redbud
    Garlic Chives
    Chili Peppers
    Parsley dark Moss Curled
    Marigold Cottage Red
    Allium
    Red Castor Beans

Thanks so much! Merry Christmas in July and August too!

Annie

• margaret_2007
    11 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Received my seeds & card from Carol:

Red Morning Glory's
    Basil-Lemon Lime Mix
    Gourd-Birdhouse type.

Thanks Carol & thanks for hosting.

Do hope it has cooled down for those who are having a torrid summer.
    Blessings, Margaret

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Margaret was super sweet and clever and sent me a gift certiicate so I can order some seeds. That and her card arrived today. Thank you so much, Margaret... you were way too generous, but when seeds are involved, who can complain? LOL

Thank you again and thanks to Carol for being the hostess.

Jeanne

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been away from GW for a bit. Just wanted to let you all know that I mailed out Jen's (AKA Jlee) package. I emailed her the confirmation number.

Hope you're all well!

Gophers have ravaged my front garden patch, sigh. I've got to figure out how to build a varmint-proof fence.

~ Melody

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Smitties you have the month of August.

Wow I can't believe over half the year is gone. Christmas will be here before we know it.
    Aug. smitties
    Sept. sandlapper rose
    Oct. flowergirl34
    Nov. nottougly
    Dec. margaret_2007

Active Members of OBF
    Amy/serenity_lane_ga
    Annnie/canyonwind
    Carol/veega11
    Christine/Christine00
    Faye/nottougly
    Janet/1JanetH
    Jeanne/sandlapper_rose
    Jen/jlee160
    Margaret/margaret-2007
    Margo/smitties
    Mary Ellen/mellen
    Maryanne/earthlydelights
    Melissa/hazelnutbunny
    Melody/astroknot
    Michelle/micyrey
    Rose/rosemctier
    Shirley/brittneysgran
    Sue/sguanzon
    Vina/flowergirl34
    Rose/rosemetier

Goodness I'm watching 20/20 about a Guy who has three wives and 24 kids. How do you feed and clothe 24 kids...wow.

Shirley

• veeja11
    Original Author
    11 years ago

sorry I have been missing, supposed to be in upper 80's here tomorrow, 80 today I almost died been in 70's up to today, gopher problem get hubby to urinate in gopher holes they will believe its his territory and go away. or spearmint chewing gum you haven't touched works well. glad you liked your seeds margaret, the gourd looked green so did the herb, hope they are. okay has everyone received, see margaret, Annie and Jeanne have and shirley. how about the rest of you ?still waitin here big hugs to you all carol is late on the prizes but hopefully next week sorry
    old age has gotten me

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Carol-sends to Margaret (received)
    Shirley-sends to Annie (received)
    Faye-sends to Melody
    Jen-sends to Carol
    Jeanne-sends to Vina (received)
    Vina-sends to Shirley (received)
    Melody-sends to Jen (mailed)
    Annie-sends to Faye (mailed)
    Margaret-sends to Jeanne (received)

Carol-Jen posted on July 21st and asked for your address, that is the last post I saw from her. Hopefully she will let us know something soon.

Faye posted on July 27th and was mailing Melodys on Monday July 30th. Not sure if Faye mailed on Monday or later. Hopefully Faye or Melody will confirm the status of this box.

Margo-You have are the hostess for the month of August. I sent an e-mail hope you get it.

Shirley

• nottougly
    11 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I received my Christmas package from Ann and it is great.
    When I opened the card she sent alot of stars fell out making me laugh!
    She also sent Nips candy and a Santa Claus Post It notes.
    She sent these seeds:
    Calendula, Touch of Red
    Amaranth, Autumns Touch
    Sunflower, Chianti
    Red Perilla (Shiso)
    Kale Red Russian
    Green Mist Laceflower
    Zinnia Benarys Giant ??Crimson
    Ornamental Fringed Kale
    Cosmos rose bonbon double click
    four O'Clock, Yellow
    Thank you so very much.
    This package made my day.
    Faye!

Also I mailed Melody's box this morning priority mail.

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Faye-sends to Melody (mailed)
    Jen-sends to Carol
    Annie-sends to Faye (received)

Thanks for the update Faye.

Today was gorgeous, it never got above 77 degrees. I got alot of weed pulling done. Some of the weeds were taller than the plants. I just took a shower and could not believe the dirt on my body. It just sticks to arms and legs. I'm going to research bug spray, I hope as much as I use it doesn't cause cancer or I'm a goner. LOL
    They don't even bite DH though, don't understand it.

Night ladies

Shirley

• jlee160
    11 years ago

I will be sending carols tomorrow- sorry for the delay

• jlee160
    11 years ago

Carol, your package is in flight

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Faye-sends to Melody (mailed)
    Jen-sends to Carol (mailed)

Update on August Swap::::I received an e-mail from Margo and because of some family issues she will not be able to host the August swap.

I thought we all could host some games and chit-chat this month. I will start the thread shortly. If you have any plants that need dividing or any prizes for give-away jump right in.

Shirley

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

Faye is Santa in disguise, I swear.

Faye's package arrived, and OMG it is fabulous. I mean, really Faye, this is one of the nicest and most thoughtful surprises I've ever gotten in the mail. Everything was wrapped so nicely, in pretty Christmas paper....just so many goodies, it really felt like Christmas to me!

Faye's wonderful gifts:
    ~ wind chime/hummingbird feeder hook with suction cups for attaching to a window
    ~ pretty butterfly notepad with a pen -- I'll start keeping my garden notes in it
    ~ cute miniature wind chime in the shape of a lady bug (and BTW, this makes me feel really happy because "Bug" is actually my little sister's nickname for me; she just moved away last week and I miss her a bunch, so this reminds me of her)
    ~ 2 funny, adorable little "Wormies" -- these clay water sensors that you stick in the soil, and when they start to change color then that means your soil is drying out. (BOY do I need these! I've been watering my tomatoes too much, and they aren't too happy)
    ~ pot decoration clip, a little flower basket with two cute bunnies dangling from it
    ~ cute, cute Christmas card
    ~ Seeds: Christmas Rose (oooh! so excited to grow this), Red Golden Climbing Lily bulbs (is this Gloriosa Lily? Aah! Been looking for this!), Eleusine Coracana "Green Cat" (really cool looking plant), Japanese Morning Glory "Kikyo-zaki" (thank you! can't wait to grow these), New Zealand Christmas Tree (so beautiful!), and finally "White Zulu" Cape Daisy (sooooo happy about this one, I've been really wanting to grow this).

Ah! I'm so happy! Made my day, my week, my summer! Thank you, thank you, and may your garden always be green and bright.

Oh, and I'd just like to say that all my OBF trades so far have been really wonderful. Just a big thank you to all of you who I've traded with.

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Faye-sends to Melody (received)
    Jen-sends to Carol

We now have two boxes that have not been received.

Jen-Hope you are well, did you receive Carols address from her? Post and let us know please.

Shirley

• veeja11
    Original Author
    11 years ago

carol received her christmas pkg today, thankyou Jen, nice card, sample of makinac island fudge coffee, seeds, tx redbud, blanket flower, green zinnia, polar bear zinnia red hot tritonia, sugar peas, cardnial climber vine, cummann lettuce. its christmas in july here. love it all thankyou .
    Hope yours has arrived. Thankyou all for a great swap, workin on prizes. thankyou again shirley for keepin us on track. hugs carol

• jlee160
    11 years ago

I received melodys package, I think I may have posted on a different thread, I will post what she sent in the am. It was Avery nice package, I loved it!

• nottougly
    11 years ago

I am glad you liked your package Melody.
    I like being Santa in disguise.
    It makes me happy to surprise my partners and having them
    smile.
    Happy gardening everyone,
    Faye!

• nottougly
    11 years ago

I am glad you liked your package Melody.
    I like being Santa in disguise.
    It makes me happy to surprise my partners and having them
    smile.
    Happy gardening everyone,
    Faye!

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Faye-sends to Melody (received)
    Jen-sends to Carol (received)
    Melody-sends to Jen (received)

This Christmas in July Swap is complete. Thanks to all for making it a fun month.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm