Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lil_green_thumb

NEW: HousePlant Swap #3

lil_green_thumb
16 years ago

I love houseplant swaps!! (thought I would fancy this up a little lol)

A FEW RULES AND GUIDELINES TO KEEP IT FAIR FOR ALL SWAPPERS!!

--Signups until July 8th. Partners assigned no later than July 10th. Boxes to be sent out by July 30th so we can get started on the next month's sign-ups!

--You must send at least 4 cuttings or small plants. They must be in good condition. Cuttings DO NOT have to be rooted to send. You may send 2 African Violet leaves and this will count as ONE of your four. ( I just do not see it being fair to send your partner 4 AV Leaves and call that your send). You may send more if you like. Please try to send at least one of something from your partners wish list.

--Send with Delivery Confirmation. This is a REQUIREMENT so we can track the boxes and make sure it is not left sitting in a Postal Truck or Post Office somewhere.

--Priority Mail not a requirement but nice because of the heat. It is up to the sender. If mailed first class on a Saturday morning it will usually arrive by Monday and is a little cheaper for just a few plants or cuttings.

--Post here with Delivery Confirmation number when you send your box so your partner knows it is coming. This helps alot since it is summer and the heat is horrible almost everywhere. If you are going to be late sending the box please let me and your partner know so arrangements can be made if needed!

--Packing is to be done well to protect the plants. Be sure to rinse off the dirt. Wrap the roots in wet/damp newspaper. Then in little sandwich baggie if needed to keep the roots and newspaper damp during shipping. Wrap cuttings in damp newspaper also.

--THE PLANTS MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED WITH AT LEAST THE COMMON NAME.

-- YOU WILL RECEIVE AT LEAST 4 SMALL PLANTS OR CUTTINGS. IF FOR SOME REASON YOU GET NONE OR LESS THAN 4 PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW.

--I TRY TO MATCH EVERYONE WITH SOMEONE THAT HAS AT LEAST ONE OF YOUR WANTS. BUT THIS IS NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE. YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO POT WHAT YOU DO NOT WANT AND SHARE IN THE NEXT MONTH'S SWAP. BUT IT MUST BE POTTED AND TAKEN CARE OF NOT LEFT TO DRY OUT.

--Post here if you want to join and send me an email directly (not thru GW because I don't get those for some reason) let me know your GW NAME, REAL NAME, ADDRESS, WHAT YOU HAVE TO TRADE, WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE. NO DELIVERIES TO POST OFFICE BOXES PLEASE! Sometimes this causes problems and delays in recieving plants and the extra time in a box can result in the plants dying.

~Kimberly

Comments (52)

• darkruler
    16 years ago

she must have just copied and pasted the last rules and thought there was nothing to changee.anyway i want to join in on this again

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

On Houseplant #2's thread, Kim said that signups are taking place for a new swap.

Count me in too!

Deb

• sar710
    16 years ago

Kim, I sent you an email. I'd love to be part of this!

Sarah :)

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

SORRY ALL. WAS IN A BIT OF A TIZZY.
    CORRECTED DATES ARE DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES EXPLAINED IN POST ON SWAP 2'S BOARD.

SIGNUPS UNTIL AUGUST 7TH. PARTNERS ASSIGNED THE 9TH. BOXES SENT BY THE 31ST!

WELCOME SARAH!

• lindamarie
    16 years ago

I would like to join!

Please no AV leaves....I just bought 9 more 6" plants at Lowes!

I thought this was a house plant exchange, but I see on last months swap some people sent land plants?

I will send out a box stuffed with plants and hope to receive the same.

Here is a link that might be useful: exchange page

• prairie_moon
    16 years ago

count me in.

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

If you havent emailed me your info please do so!

so far i have these swappers and their info

Debbya
    Marie
    Lissa
    Sarah
    Kyle

Need Info from
    linda marie
    taking root
    prairie moon

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Kim,I would like to be in again this month.Do you still have my info from last month or do you want me to resend it to you again?
    Nancy

• galium
    16 years ago

I'd like to join too. I'll send and email.
    Mariann

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nancy......still have it!
    Thanks

NOTE - sometimes GW email doesnt go through... please email me directly at the above addy ^^^^

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Debbya
    Marie
    Lissa
    Sarah
    Kyle
    Nancy
    TakinRoot
    Mariann

IF YOUR NAME ISNT LISTED ABOVE PLEASE EMAIL ME YOUR INFO....
    IF YOUR NAME ISNT LISTED ABOVE AND YOU ARE PLAYING AGAIN PLZ YELL LOL I MAY HAVE OVERLOOKED YA!

PARTNERS WILL POST THURSDAY MORNING!

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

::::::::: BUMPING UP ::::::::::::

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

everyone - when ever you get a moment after you get your box for this month drop me an email with an updated Haves/Wants list.

You should all have an email with your partners info inside.
    some of you could have been matched with 2 people to trade. be sure to join next month so I can pair you up with someone else to try to get more of your wants! Some of us (like me) may be harder to pair up!)

SWAPPING:
    MARIANN SENDS TO KYLE
    TAKIN ROOT SENDS TO KIM
    LISSA SENDS TO NANCY
    MARIE SENDS TO KIM
    KIM SENDS TO ROOT & LISSA
    SARAH SENDS TO DEB
    KYLE SENDS TO SARAH
    NANCY SENDS TO MARIE
    DEB SENDS TO MARIANN

HOPE I DIDNT MISS ANYONE!

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

nancy....... in your box last month did I include Velvet philodendron? Some call it Satin philo i think.
    Was just wondering lol I cant find it so I am hoping i sent it!

• wynative
    16 years ago

Kim,

Your plants will go out next Monday as I get to go away for the weekend :)

Hope everyone enjoys their days off!
    Marie

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Marie/wynative,Yours will be heading your way on Monday also.I will be back to post the confirmation number then: ))
    Nancy

• galium
    16 years ago

Kyle-Your plants are in the mail this morning.
    DC# 0103 8555 7490 5848

Hope you enjoy what I sent,
    Mariann

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Marie/wynative Just got back from the PO..Yours on on the way .
    usps priority #01038555749020158764
    Nancy

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Kim,I just noticed your question above for me.I feel like such a ninny not seeing it earlier.Mystery solved...Yes you did send that to me last month(so you can quit looking for it).... and ooo I love it! : ))
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

My box was shipped out today, USPS #0306 1070 0004 0387 1099.

Mariann,
    I hope you enjoy what I sent. :)

Deb

• wynative
    16 years ago

Kim ~ sorry I didn't send yours yesterday but the heat here has jumped to over 100 and I didn't want to take the chance with the new babies. It is suppose to cool down to the 90's by thur./fri. and I think they would travel better then.
    sorry for the delay!

Nancy ~ thanks for letting me know! since we are closer I'm sure the heat wont be a problem.

Marie

• sar710
    16 years ago

Deb -- Your box is on the way! I hope you enjoy it!

Delivery Confirmation Number: 0307 0020 0004 6145 7140

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Kim,

Your box will go out on Monday, sorry for the delay.

Takingroot/Jaye

• galium
    16 years ago

I received Deb's box of plants today.

Thank you so much for the Coleus (that you grew from seed), Hoya (love the way it curls), Wandering Jew, Bridal Veil, Begonia 'Beatrice Haddrell' and the Paper Spine cactus. Everything was nice and moist.

Deb, I don't have any of these plants-love them all.
    Mariann

• wynative
    16 years ago

Nancy,

My plants arrived today in GREAT shape! Still very moist and healthy ~ I was worried since it has been so hot here.

I love the look and feel of the Streptocarpus (Bristols Tropical Twister) & Chirita (Kazu), they are sooo cute and soft! The Arrowhead vines ~ Mango Illusion & Imperial White are a great addition. I didn't have either one of them! Love the Blue Spiney Cactus! cactus are always welcome additions. MY office is starting to take on the 'jungle' look so slow non-vining growers are what my boss likes best! LOL He is so patient and understanding about my obsession with plants :)

I just have to coment on how WELL you packed them for their trip, what a GREAT way to do it! Now I have a fool proof way of getting tender young plant to their new mom's in healthy conditions.

THANKS SOOOO MUCH for ALL my new babies, Nancy!! :))

Kim ~ the weather is cooling off and I will be sending out your's tomorrow. Sorry for the wait!

Marie

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Marie,You are welcome.Thanks for the compliment...I am happy they made the trip alright.Enjoy : )
    Nancy

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It only hit 100 here yesterday. Supposed to be 103 today.
    I am holding off on sending for a week. It is supposed to drop back to the low 90s ( 90-92) next week.

Hope everyone is staying cool!

• wynative
    16 years ago

Kim~ your plants are on their way. Confirmation #0306 3030 0001 9317 3287

Very nice day here - only in the mid 80's :)

Marie

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Kim,

Your box will be going out today.....

Will post conf.# later on.

Thanks for your patience....

TakingRoot/Jaye

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Kim,

Your box was mailed today. Hope you like everything!
    Conf.# 03060320000326864227

TakingRoot/Jaye

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Sarah's box arrived. I'll post later what was in it!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

I'm back, now that I have more time. Weekends are always so busy!

Sarah sent- a pineapple top, basil, torenia, portulacca, hypoestes, calico plant. The baby begonia didn't make it.

Thanks so much Sarah, I loved your box!

Deb

• sar710
    16 years ago

Deb -- I'm so sorry that the baby begonia didn't make it!! If you'd like, I can try to get another one rooted to send. I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of it, though. :)

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Sarah,
    Don't worry about it (but thanks for offering). You sent plenty of items to make up for the baby begonia. Just curious, what color was the foliage? I couldn't tell it was totally dried.

Deb

• sar710
    16 years ago

Deb -- The foliage on the begonia was dark green with a reddish tinge. I'm not sure exactly what type of begonia it is (got it on sale from Lowes, no tag), but it has the most delicate little pink flowers that are just beautiful. It's a shame it didn't make it.

• wynative
    16 years ago

Kim,

you've got mail :)

Marie

• sar710
    16 years ago

Kyle -- Thanks for the great box! Kyle sent:

Wandering Jew
    Air Plants (2 different ones!)
    English Ivy
    Avocado tree

I'm excited to get them all into pots, I didn't have any of these. Thank you!!

• darkruler
    16 years ago

lol glad you liked what you got.i was going to post the tracking number but i guess it made it just fine.

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Kim,

Did you receive your box? PLMK.
    Was everything ok?

Thanks,

TakingRoot/Jaye

• galium
    16 years ago

Kyle,
    According to the USPS your box was delived on Aug. 15th. Did you receive it?
    Mariann

• auntlissa
    16 years ago

Nancy,

I sent you an email. Your box will be going out on the 4th. It's really hot here this week and I don't want it to get stuck in the mail. Any special requsts, let me know. Thanks for your patience. I'll post the tracking number when I send.

Lissa

• darkruler
    16 years ago

sorry about not posting i have been busy i did recieve my box i got

jasmine
    hoya
    eppi
    pothos
    all were packed really nice with ribbons :)
    THANKS SO MUCH!!

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OMG if the heat isnt bad enough.
    my computer crashed couple of weeks ago.
    got a new hard drive in it now!
    i used my moms to check email.
    i did recieve plants in great condition
    ladies your boxes are on the way out now.
    will post DC# shortly for them.

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ok i got the following:

from Marie
    rosary vine
    3 baby amaryllis she grew from seed
    5 epi cuttings

from taking root
    wandering jew
    purple passion
    2 different calthea
    swiss cheese philo cutting
    purple waffle
    lifesaver cactus
    texas wandering jew
    unknown cutting (philo family)

DC #S are

LISSA - # 0306 3030 0001 6007 0748

TAKING ROOT - # 0306 3030 0001 6007 0878

Will get signups for September posted in a bit

• auntlissa
    16 years ago

Kim,

Thanks for the package. It must've been delivered on Saturday. We were out of town for the weekend, so I got it today - however the plants are still in awesome condition. Thanks for sending rooted ones too!!

Kim sent:

Burro's Tail
    Golden Pothos
    Spider plant (variegated)
    English Ivy
    Neophthytis "Exotic Cream"
    Murray Koenigi
    Silver Dollar Jade
    Panda Plant leaves

I didn't have most of these, so am excited to see them as they get bigger. Thanks again!!

Cedarnest - your package is being shipped tomorrow. The tracking number is 9101785091401257142137. I hope you enjoy it!

Lissa

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Kim,

Received your box...you pack an awesome box!!

I can't even remember all that was in it but off the top of my head.....

Kim sent:

Burro's Tail
    Silver Dollar Jade
    Panda Plant leaves
    AV
    Choc. Solider
    Golden Philo
    ZZ Plant
    And I think there were a few more....sorry for not remembering right off the top of my head but all were in great shape and I will enjoy watching them GROW!

Thanks Kim for a wonderful and packed box!

Thanks,
    Jaye/TakingRoot

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Thanks Lissa.Looking forward to it.I will let you know when it arrives : ))
    Nancy

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Lissa,the plants arrived today : ) Thank You soooo much!.I was so excited opening the box....lol..thought I would never reach the bottom.I received..all in wonderful shape I must add..Purple Jew,Green spider,Polka dot plant,china doll,polyscios,purple passion plant,golden pothos and a wonderful hotpad/ovenmit set that I just adore.Crazy thing is I purchased some kitchen towels last week in this exact pattern..you must have read my mind.Thanks agan Lissa for the wonderful box : ))
    Nancy

• auntlissa
    16 years ago

Nancy, I'm glad to hear that everything arrived in good condition and that you like the hotpad/oven mitt. I bought them a couple of weeks ago, but just didn't get around to getting the box together. Hopefully everything will root well for you that isn't already rooted. I put hormone rooting powder on all before shipping.

Lissa

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hope everyone had a great swap.
    If you did not receive a box please email me at above address.
    we only have one signed up for the new swap!