Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: Summer Garden Swap Box

Posted by debbya z4IL (da1763@aol.com) on
Wed, Jul 5, 06 at 22:17

I'm a little board, LOL... And just had the urge to host a Summer Garden Swap Box! Your box can contain ANYTHING that pertains to gardening! That's such a wide range of things- plants, cuttings, seeds, bulbs, supplies (both for the garden and indoors/outdoors), garden themed notepads, small garden statues, birdhouse items, handmade items (garden themed or related)! You got the picture, LOL!

Post here to join, I'll pair you up with a swap partner and give you a little time to prepare a neat box. It would be easier if you post a 'want' list. Who knows...your Pal might have exactly what your looking for! Send your box by priority/delivery confirmation. Just so no boxes 'disappear in postal land' and you have proof you sent your end of the trade.

Ok? Let's start! You have from now until July 15th to sign up.
Your boxes should be mailed out by July 30th. Don't forget, post here to let us know what you received in the box!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Summer Garden Swap Box

Almost forgot to add- please send me your Garden web name/real name and address!

Thanks!

o

i'm in. if you'll have me.

july 30th is my b-day....lol

o

Ill join

Snboyken, Sharon Nell Boyken, PO Box 635, Livermore, KY 42352

o

I'll join! I'm becoming addicted to these! They are such fun.

Liz

o

Giving this a little bump. ;)

Deb

o

I would love to join too...
shirley

o

Hey Deb,

You hosted such a great Bunny Swap, (I had so much fun in that) that I would love to join in on this one, too. Hope more people join in, though!

I'll send you my info right now. :)

~Summer

o

i would to join this candy strassman e12804 hilltop dr fall creek wi 54742

o

I'm glad more are joining! Please feel free to email me your personal info. I know I wouldn't want my personal address posted on a thread. But, it's up to you...

Deb

o

I'd like to be added into the garden swap box
You have mail
Debbie

o

Hmm, I'm thinking I might just have to join this. I thought I was too busy with other swaps but, what's another box? LOL

o

Julie,
You sure have the right attitude, LOL!

Deb

o

OK guess who went shopping, yep that would be me,
got some goodies ready to go.
hehehehe nope, nope, nope, not tellin what
;o)
Debbie

o

Ok Deb, I'm in too. I said no more for JULY but what the heck, I can say this is really for August, Right?
Does anyone have any yellow daylilies they would swap for some pink ones???? Or white or purple.... actually most anything that is not PINK. I'm also interested in most any suculents or herbs. I have choc mint but would like pepermint or spearmint or???? Houseplants??

o

Hi Deb
heres my wish list..
hydrangea limelight,any hydrangea but nikko blue and red embers I have both of those..
shade lovers, astilbe,columbine,foam flowers,anything .I do a lot of "shade tree gardening" and I have a lot of shade to fill...
brugs any type , I also have a new 30 ft porch to fill and no houseplants to fill it with...I dont mind getting cuttings because I have an area to start my cuttings and have great success with them...I hope this info helps my swap partner...
Shirley

o

I am interested in ornamental grasses, EE, Caladiums, Hostas, and other perennials for yard. Always interested in houseplants. Loves St Louis cardinals and Mickey Mouse. windchimes and jsut about everything garden related.

Seeds, bulbs plants I am not hard to please. Is there a price limit on the box?????

o

I like pretty much anything garden related. Garden art, little statues, and/or just about anything else. I love fairies, and lavender-scented things. My favorite color is green.

Though I need my pal to know, that I am moving out of state soon, and prefer not to receive many live plants, as I don't know how many of my plants I will be able to take with me when I move.
But bulbs that will store well for a few months are great! Thanks so much, I'm excited about this swap!

~Summer

o

I'm lazy so I have just linked my trade list below. We also just added a new shade garden so I would love anything interesting for the shade garden but not the usual suspects, we've got most of them.

Here is a link that might be useful: my trade list

o

Oh, i gotta join this one..just what i nedd..as i'm recently new to gardening..and need everything,lol..i'll e-mail you today..
sheila

o

I'll be happy with anything garden related! Veggie seeds, herbs, lavender, ornamental grass, bulbs-Dahlia's, tulips, etc.

Deb

o

For those of you who swap houseplant cuttings how do you do it? I'm not a big houseplant person but I did get some for my sunroom this year. I have one pothos that is already huge and a heartleaf philo that, while not huge, is forming little roots all along the stems at the joints. Would I just clip a section of these plants and wrap them in a moist paper towel and plastic? How large of a cutting and how many do you usually send? Thanks!!!

o

Ok I can't stand it anymore. I have been back on this thread trying so hard to not sign on, but heck like others have said what is one more robin. Sign me up!
I am also looking for grasses and hardy salvias-the taller ones.Also some agastache on my wants list. I have a huge want list on my trade page. My gardens are cottage style. I am not picky as I have tons of room to fill. Need sun lovers as we are putting in 100ft of stockade fencing. My project garden for next year, and it is sunny.
Heather

o

Ok, I am in too. I have Beth's daylilies and hens & chicks and a bunch of dicentra (bleeding hearts) both regular and golden. Plus I have way too many spirea once again regular and golden, they do take over. I need shade plants ideally fall flowering but I will take almost anything hardy to my world. I will even try something marginal. I have been wanting a magnolia and even had one but it did not survive. I really could care less, surprise me. I am in I will send you my address Deb. Thanks. diene

o

hello everyone, i just wanted to post i am up for anything. please no yellow or orange. it seems to be my main color right now....lol i love everything, lily's, hibiscus,salvia's,brugs,datura's,windchimes,roses ties,plant tags. crafts, and i am really into quilting now so fabric,patterns are great.would love to do a garden theme quilt with lots of flower patterns. have a great weekend..erica

o

Giving this a little bump!
Anyone else interested? If so, let me know!

Deb

o

I hope we get our pals soon! I'm getting antsy. :))

~Summer

o

I already went shopping!!

o

Ladies,
Here is the line up..

Debbya- sends to- Shirley (rosebud 2050)
Rosebud 2050- sends to- Efrosty1
Efrosty1- sends to- Snyboken
Snyboken -sends to- Zoegurl2001
Zoegurl2001 -sends to- Debbya
Diene-sends to- Beth
Candycow-sends to- Momsgarden
Momsgarden-sends to- Candycow
Debbiedo7-sends to- Scouttiegirl
Scouttiegirl-sends to-Diene
Iroyrose sends to-Debbiedo7
Beth sends to-Iroyrose
Tastefullyjulie-sends to-Debbya
Debbya-sends to-Tastefullyjulie

I have to send 2 boxes out, 13 joined. So the count wasn't even.

Please send me your info right away, so I can forward it to your Swap Pal!

Thanks,
Deb

o
Swap closed!

*****Swap closed*****
Pal's already assigned! ;)
Start planning those boxes! And don't forget to share with us, what you received!

Deb

o

Cool, I get to send to you, Debby! I sure hope you are happy with my package, I'm all nervous now, LOL. ;)

I sent you my info. AOL says you haven't read it yet, so I hope you got it. If not, might wanna check your junk folder.

I do need your addy Debby, so send it my way, and I will probably do a little more shopping and try and get your package out sometime next week. :))

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

~Summer

o

Candycow,
I have no way to reach you (your email doesn't show up). Please send me your email address, so I can forward your Pal's info to you.

Deb

o

Ok, I've sent most of the Swap info out. I need a few more addresses to complete the swap.

The addresses I need are-
Beth
Scouttiegirl
Iroyrose

Have a good night, everyone!

Deb

o

Hi Deb, I got your email and resent my info to you. I had sent it the other day through your member page, but I always have problems with email and gardenweb. Please let me know if it didn't get to you this time. I received my pals info and just replied to that email with my info. Hope everyone enjoys their day. Happy Gardening~Heather

o

I only need 2 more addresses-
Beth, Iroyose.

It's 99* here in Illinois! Too hot to do anything outside! I'll be peeking in often today..and enjoying the central air, lol!

Deb

o

Now I only need one more address- Iroyrose.

Have a good evening!

Deb

o

Liz, I have only one rose that is doing anything. It is a rugosa, pretty sure it is "hansa" I can send cuttings if you tell me how to do it. I would not mind having some more of this rose for myself so i may try it too.
I'll be waiting for your reply and address.
Send it to Deb or to me. Don't post address here Thanks.
I won't be home now for the next 4 days so you won't hear much from me. BB

o

Still need one more address- Iroyrose.

o

Deb,

I did some shopping the past few days, and mailed your package today. :)) You deserve a good package for being such a great host in all your swaps. So I really hope you enjoy your package!! Be sure and open a.s.a.p.
Conf. # 0306 1070 0002 8082 6885

I am anxious for you to get it! *waiting in anticipation* hee hee. :)

~Summer

o

I've been busy little hostess, LOL! My 2 packages went out today to- Shirley & Julie.
Shirley's USPS #0305 0830 0004 1527 2080
Julie's USPS #0305 0830 0004 1527 2097
I hope you both enjoy your packages!

Summer,
I can't wait! ;)

o

Mine will be procrastinistic (is that a word?) I have my daughter's birthday party this week to take care of and also I ordered a couple plants that I want to send but I want to nurse them into better health before they go back in the mail!

o

Summer,

Thank you so much for everything!
Let me share some of the 'goodies' that I received from Summer! ;)

Aluminum plant markers, cute frog rock (I have the perfect little 'nook' for it in my moon garden), photo book, egyptian walking onion seeds-- (I've always wanted to try to grow one), lavender candle, thistle sack finch feeder, variegated pineapple mint (perfect for my herb garden), really large sunflower pinwheel, Daylilies-"Little Business" (can't wait to see them bloom, they are going in a patch in my front landscape in the morning), EGG plant-LOL! It hatches to reveal a secret message (sooo cute), sticky notes, cute garden stickers, spriral notebook (to keep all my trade notes), garden gloves, Basil seeds!

So much thought went into this box, it's everything I love/collect, and then some! Summer, I can't thank you enough!

We re-did our front landscape a few weeks ago (pulled out everything and started over) and I wanted to pick up a few more things to fill in a few spots, your daylilies are the perfect plants to fill in the area! I'll post some pics in a few weeks! We originally had the basic evergreen landscape-poodle, 5 ball, q-tip, etc, and we went for a more natural look (sort of a cottage garden) spots of lavender, daylilies, iris, salvia, etc. . I just need a few more things and I'll be done! What work, LOL! Now, we just need a little more rain, and cooler temps!

Hugs,
Deb

o

Deb,

I am so glad it got there, and that you love everything!! I wanted to try and give you a really good box, so I hope you enjoy everything! I remember you used to use that Tinkerbell sig a lot, so I figured you liked Tinkerbell. And I saw the Tink sticky notes and notebook, and had to get them! Hope those Daylilies bloom beautifully for you, and that you like them! They are really cute I think. The Egyptian Walking Onions are fun to grow, and I've got plenty of baby bulbs now, so wanted to share some with you.
Well, I was waiting anxiously for it to arrive, so glad everything got there okay. :)))

~Summer

o

Still needing the address for Iroyrose????? Is she still in this swap???

o

Hi Beth,
Let me try to email Iroyrose one more time. I tried several times already, and so far no response. I thought maybe She emailed you directly with her address. Thanks for letting me know that you don't have her address. I'll get back to you by tomorrow!

Deb

o
Iroyrose....

Beth,
Iroyrose's email was returned twice to me. It said that the email address was 'unknown'. I'm going to give Iroyrose a chance to send me her new email. If She doesn't do this within a day, then I'll just assume She isn't in the swap anymore, and I'll assign you Debbiedo7 (Debbie is Iroyrose's partner). I'll try to contact Iroyrose through the garden web link email. I'll keep you posted!

Deb

o

Deb,

Thanks so much for my box. How do you always know what I need? I just broke my trowel and my gloves are shot(of course) so those two things were wonderful to find. The garden tote is adorable and will help me get organized, lol. I needed the pots and markers to try to overwinter a couple of starts. Seed baggies! Perfect timing for those. I love the dragonfly tea-light holder which is great because I have tons of tealights. I'll be sowing the snapdragon and mammoth sunflower seeds next year. And, finally, how did you know I love BHG but I'm too cheap to buy it??!! Actually, I just got a subscription cuz it was buy one get 2 free but the first one won't come until September.

Thank you!!! I hope to get your's out tomorrow.

o

i will be shipping out wed. or thursday.. i'm on 10 hours and overtime right now. so the post office is closed when i get off.sorry to be so late...but i have not forgotten.

o

Julie,
I'm so glad you liked the garden tote. I thought it was adorable, and it looked durable! I picked one up for myself (and a couple to send for robins). I love having everything in one place! I sprayed mine with scotchguard (to keep it clean and water repellant). There is no hurry for my box.. I know your busy this week (with your Daughter's birthday). Have fun with the party!

Beth,
Iroyrose's email came back again. Her email is invalid. Since She can't be reached... I'm dropping her from the swap. I hate doing so, but really have no choice. She hasn't posted here at all (just the one time joining the swap).

Beth your NEW PAL is Debbiedo7.
I'll send her info to you right away. And also let her know that She's your new Pal.

Thanks,
Deb

o

Hello All;
I sent my box to Beth today. Confirmation # is 01038555749703445952. I could not fit everything I wanted to in but I think she will enjoy the stuff. Happy Summer. diene

o

OK Diene, I'll be watching and anxious to dig into the box. You had posted a very appealing list and I'm sure I'll love whatever you packed in there ;o)
Beth

o

Hi Deb,

My box went out today. As usual I left the DC# in my car but you should have it by Wednesday.

o

I recieved my summer swap from Deb yesterday and just havent had time to open it until today .she sent me a bhg magazine,garden gloves ,flower pots ,marker,bird feeder,garden stake,and a cute garden tote.My grand daughter just fell in love with it and since she is my special garden helper I let her have it .she was just SO happy....Deb also she me sunflower seed and snapdragon seeds.thanks so much Deb, my special helper sends her thanks also..I will be mailing my pals swap in just a few minutes and I will post confirmation when I do...
Shirley

o

Hi Deb,
I mailed Erica's swap today confirmation #03050830000438780036...I hope you enjoy it Erica (efrosty)

o

I received a neat box from Julie today!
Julie sent a wooden rolling plant stand (perfect for my large bird of paradise that I grew from seed!), corkscrew vine plant, "Juliet" tomato plant, lavender poppy seeds, inspirational magnet, sunflower seeds (in an egg, LOL), cute stone bird tealight holder, gardening claw, white washed tin bucket.

Thanks Julie for the really neat box! I've never had a corkscrew vine before, I'll plant it tonight, along with the tomato! Also, thanks for everything else! Boy, this swap is fun! ;)

Deb

o

Hello Beth;
I just checked on your package and it says that it was delivered to my local post office yesterday which is very strange. I am looking at the label and it clearly states it is going to you at zip code 21838. Not sure what that means but I am not happy. Sorry. diene

o

Deb,

I hope the tomato made it thru the trip ok. I had to really cut it back to fit it in the box and I still had to cram it in there :)

o

Hello Beth;
I just had a very interesting conversation with the Post Office and they are trying to track down your package but I do not hold out much hope. I had sent three different kinds of daylilies, sedum and hens and chicks. One of the daylilies was rather fragile as it was a much smaller root than I thought when I dug it up. But it did flower this year so I think it would have worked (it is a double yellow, had a name once, no idea what that was). The second root was a Kwanzo (I think I am spelling that wrong, I will check my records) which should survive almost anything as well as the Stella D'Oro small yellows. The sedum and hens and chicks should also survive if they ever get there and the box is in one piece. I do not send anything breakable (even plastic) anymore as the Post Office has not been kind to me. They are supposed to get back to me in 48 hours which means next week. I am so sorry. diene

o

Deb,
I got my box today. Thank You, let's see what was in the box........ a little grapevine wreath with ivy on it with a cute little bird in a nest, a little white woven basket with greenery, purple flowers and a little bluebird in a nest, 2 bath salts, 2 soaps (angel & moon), 3 votive candles, a ceramic thimble, a little ceramic duck, a cute little "Deb" box, 5 craft books and a small sponge paint brush, oh & 2 small counted cross stich (one with a watering can with flowers in it & the other with a flower and the words "Plant Kindness Gather Love".

LOL my box for Lunamoon is sitting here ready to go to the post office. I am in 2 other exchanges so I'm getting all 3 boxes organized and should get them in the mail no later than Monday - Promise.
Debbie

o
RE: correction NEW: Summer Garden Swap Box

LOL haha well I did say I was in 3 swaps & I posted this last post on the wrong post.
Well Scouttiegirl your box is also sitting here about ready to go to the post office.
Debbie

o

Hi Debbiedo, I think I'm sending to you for this swap. I was sending to someone else at first but now I've been looking for goodies for you. Should mail on Sat or Monday at the latest
Diene, there was nothing from you at my PO today. Sounds like the stuff will be OK if it arrives in a few days. I'll let you know. My PO here is a good one. The one in Kodiak is AWFUL. I know what you mean about the PO not being "kind" Don't worry. I'm betting the plants will be fine.

o

Beth,
Yep, Debbiedo7 is your Pal for the swap. ;) Iroyrose didn't try to contact me at all. Plus, all her emails were returned (as an invalid email address).

I hope Diene's box arrives soon! Priority seems to be taking longer to arrive lately.

Julie,
The tomato plant didn't show any signs of being in a box! It looked really good, not one leaf out of place! It's in my garden along with many other tomato plants. It's the only grape tomato. I'm growing black krim, brandy wine, Italian beefstake, yellow delight. So, thanks so much for it, I'll save some seeds and have grape tomatoes next year too.

Deb

o

Good Morning All;
Just thought I would clarify the info I received from the PO yesterday. They have no idea where the boxes are, if you go to their website they have them listed as delivered to someone in Saco, Maine. No idea who and they do not know. I am giving it until Tuesday and then I will resend but some of the stuff I sent I cannot send again because I do not have extra now. Oh well, I will find something else. The thing that makes me angry is that they are not even apologetic. They almost act like there is nothing wrong with taking big money from you for quick delivery and then losing the package. I have never received any type of refund for failed service. I may push it this time but I would like them to find the packages first. This has been a bad week. Monday the seal cut loose on the main hatch in the cuddy of our boat. Last night when we went to fix it we discovered the engine had caught on fire and the entire engine compartment is fried. Fortunately we had a Halon system so the boat hull is intact but no one at the Marina saw anything. We are now waiting for the insurance company to find out what this really means but when you have an eight week summer it is a real drag. I know that all sounds so petty when compared with other peoples challenges but it is still a challenge I am not looking forward to.
As far as Beth's box, I am just disappointed because I had some stuff that she said she really wanted and I had thought it would be exciting to get it all to her. Oh well. Have a great day. diene

o

Diene, sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope it all works out soon.

Deb,
Don't get too excited for grape tomatoes, the ones I've harvested so far have been HUGE. About double the size of a cherry. I ordered the seeds on Ebay and have a feeling they were cross-pollinated. The good thing is it produces tons of tomatoes (I have over 100 on my plant right now) and they are tasty.

o

Diene,

You really do have a lot going on, I hope things settle down soon for you!

Julie,
I guess as long as it's tasty..size doesn't matter then!
It sure is one healthy tomato, it's been raining lightly for the last few days, and it looks bigger already!

Come on Girls, get those boxes out! ;)

Deb

o

HI everyone, sorry I have not posted sooner. I have worked so much this week I think I have that factory planted on my butt following me everywherelol I shipped out yesterday. Sorry not sooner but with my schedule it was the best I could do. Had to take my hubby to the ER. So I have been super busy..

Summer Garden Swap Box --03052710000099617819 --Snboyken

o

i received my box from shirley..wow what a box..thanks you so much. my b-day is tommorrow and it was just like opening presents..ehehehe i had so much fun looking through my box..

ponytail palm
butterfly windsock
butterflies weclome hook sign
purple garden gloves
old roses book
purple/white picture frame
snapdragon seeds, and seed env.
soap dish with soaps
red white and blue wind twister
cooper planter
red salvia
black blue salvia

i just love salvia's...they are so pretty..well i'm off to plant flowers and hang my windsoak..have a great weekend...erica

o

Erica,I am so glad you like the salvias.I planted the black and blue this spring and WOW!it has just been beautiful.It gets pretty tall for me (4-5 ft)so I under planted with yellow maxima coneflower.the red salvia is a hummingbird magnet.I hope you enjoy both as much as I have.*hint they start from cuttings easily.I just put a cutting in moist soil and place in a shady area.in just a couple of weeks they will be rooted...have a happy birthday!
Shirley

o

I love Salvia's too! I have 2 established plants that I purchased a few months ago from a local nursery. I saved the tags with the names in my computer desk somewhere. One is blue, one purple. The butterflies seem to love them. Thanks~ Shirley for letting us know that they root from cuttings easily. What roots for me really easily is a potato vine! I have 'blackie' and can snip a piece and place it anywhere!

Erica,
Hope you have a Happy Birthday!

o

Diene, just a short message to let you know I got the box yesterday and everything looks excellent. You had packed it wet and that must have helped because the plants look super.
I'm off to church now but wanted to let you know. BB

o
Thanks Diene

Ok, here's what was in my goodie box. A nice bright welcome flag that seems perfect for here at my new house. It has hearts and sunflowers and a bluebird. Very cheery.
A pink, sweet pea scented candle, smells mmmm good.
Hand lotion and face cream. always useful after being outside in the garden.
For the garden there are daylilies, I've been wanting kwanzo and have several places to put them so I'm dividing up the clump. The other two I'll put into the daylily garden labled as Deine #1 and #2 until I see what they look like, Then I'll decide where to put them.
A piece of suculent, Maybe Autumn Joy??? It has a dark stem so maybe that is what it is. I'll know soon as it has buds now.
There is a bag of lily bulblets and three packs of seeds. I'm going to try to get the lambs ear going now and save the others for spring. This package will be bringing me smiles for a long time.
Thanks again and thanks for the good packing. That is one of the best features of the flat rate priority boxes. You can send a bit of extra moisture without paying a fortune on postage. The PO is sometimes a mess but they do have good stuff too.

o

Hello All;
Thought I would check back in and let you know that things are fine. The boat is out of the water now and we are looking for someone to give us an estimate on the cost of the repairs. The insurance company seems to think it is salvageable. Time will tell. So far no one even wants to look at it. Do not feel too bad for me, it could have happened while we were in the Atlantic and you may never have heard from me again. So, it is just a boat and no one was hurt.
I am thrilled that Beth received her package and the plants are still viable. Enjoy!!
The weather here is beautiful. diene

o

Diene, thanks for sending the pictures of the daylilies. They are very pretty and perfect for my purple white yellow color plan.
Hope the boat repairs go along OK. That is a standard summer thing on KOdiak too. Keeping track of whose boats are running and who is broke down. The guys try to help each other out and either get things fixed or at least be sure the other guy gets invited to go out fishing with someone. It's a nice place.
Your weather sounds so good.... if i didn't need to go to work tomorrow night I might head up towards Maine.
Debbiedo7, we are still having 100+ temps here. I'm going to send you a box with NO PLANTS and a rain check for whenever the weather breaks. I have not forgotten you.

o

It's been soooo hot, the heat index was 110* yesterday, and today. A heat advisory has been in effect.
How are your gardens? Flowerbeds? I've been watering constantly, and everything still dries out and looks wilted! I can't wait for the heat to break- by the end of the week it should be in the upper 70's. Storms are finally coming on Thursday, we need the rain desperately.
I'm tired of summer!

o

Hello Deb;
While I appreciate what you are saying as we are going to get high 90's today and humidity. That is why I live in Maine and presumably that is why you are in Illinois. My flowers are surviving as we have frequent violent rain storms with thunder and lightning when the weather is like this. I think that is because of the ocean and the salt water. Not sure why from a scientific standpoint but it happens. My tomatoes are also doing great, they are huge and just need to ripen which should start happening soon. Hope all is well with you. Thursday sounds great. Try and stay cool. diene

o

My package to Diene is going out today. Was going to send yesterday but with the heat over 100 degrees decided to hold off until today as there is a plant in there. I kept the plant potted for safer transit and watered it well.It can take some drought so should be good to go. When I get back from the PO will post the delv. Conf. ~Heather

o

Diene, your package conf# is:
03041560000189128011. Hope you enjoy everything! Happy Gardening~Heather

o

scouttiegirl your package went out in the mail yesterday, I'll post the confirmation code later ;o)
Debbie

o

I'm happy to see so many packages going out!
Will check in later!

Deb

o

debbiedo, here's your conf#0306 0320 0000 6866 7322
posted it in the wrong alse.
BB

o

Scouttiegirl,
I was going to post your confirmation # but I'm not sure which is the correct 1 (I still have 2 receipts) lol
anyway these are the 2 I have - my pc crashed so I don't have your last name.
clark 03052710000152924786
or cotto 03052710000152924809

o

Our weather has finally cooled off... but only for a day. We did get a lot of rain too, so I'm happy that I didn't have to spend an hour watering everything. Tomorrow 90* again.. and the excessive heat is creeping back. I can't wait for fall. I love the colors, cooler temps, leaves on the ground, apple picking, plus Halloween!

Beth,
I did get your email, and promise to get your plants (variegated jade) in the mail tomorrow (friday). I went shopping with my Mom today (to the mall) and we went to see "Lady in the Water."
It was such a relaxing day! ;)

Please mail your boxes out ASAP! I don't want anyone in the swap to be disappointed!

Thanks,
Deb

o

Hello All;
I received an amazing box today, so much stuff. First was a wonderful Heuchera, looks like coral belles. Then several packages of seeds, a frog garden decoration, metal plant markers, metal garden sign, metal vase. Then there are the absolutely beautiful address labels and hand towels. Thanks Heather, I love it all. diene

o

Beth,
I loved my box!! ha-ha I should be able to beat the heat with my Lemon iced tea & Lemonade. Let me dig in the box hmmmm well I got carmex chap stick SPF15, a magnet watermelon note pad, Pringle Chipotle Limon chips, pucker power Extra Sour Bubblegum, 4 green flower pots, Vanilla Melon body wash with/glove, a water spray fan w/batteries, and 2 of the most adorable copper planter hangers - a Butterfly & a Dragonfly they have colored beads in them. (I already have them hanging on 2 of my plants next to my desk)
Well the rest of my summer I should be cool, soft and all puckered up. ha-ha
This made my day even better, I finally have my pc back up & running after 2 1/2 weeks, hubby took me to dinner & I got a goody box.
;o)
Debbie

o

Debbie,
Sounds like Beth sent you a really nice box!

Hopefully, the rest of the boxes will arrive by early next week!

Deb

o

Ok, So far everyone received except- Zoegurl2001 (Summer). Snyboken is mailing it out ASAP. And I'm sure will post a delivery conf # when it goes out. Sharon (Snyboken) also said by email that Efrosty's package arrived. I'm sure that Sharon will post when She has a chance.
I'm trying to go through the list to see exactly who didn't send and who didn't receive.

Candycow was to send to- Momsgarden
Momsgarden was to send to- Candycow

Has either of you received a package, or sent one out? Please let me know.

And please let me know if I've forgotten anyone, or misread anything!

The swap's almost complete!

Deb

o

I received my box from Debbie(Debbiedo7). I got it on Thursday but have since been busy in the garden. What a wonderful box you sent Debbie. It came just in time and with the best stuff. I received garden tools,scissors,gloves,and metal tags which were much needed as my kids are always running off with my tools. I used them all day yesterday while planting out and getting things cleaned up and labeled. I almost feel like I am doing fall clean up it is such a mess here from all the wacky weather. I also received an amazing assortment of seeds lots of annuals which a really need(I have been concentrating on perennials) also some glad bulbs. A bird feeder and birdhouse that my daughter already snatched for her zoo garden, a spinner that my son snatched for his 5 senses garden,stationary, and the best scarecrow and hanger for fall. I love fall and that is one of my reasons for living in New York. You just can't beat the leaves changing. We decorate like crazy at that time. Finally Debbie made us the best bookmarks. What a great idea. I love them. They are also perfect as my daughter is at the age where she is getting really good at reading and actually enjoys it. No more turning the corner down on library books! Thank you again Debbie for such a thoughtful box. I really enjoyed everything.

Diene~I am glad you liked the box I sent. I know you have been going through a crazy week with the post office and boat,and wanted to send a nice box to cheer you up. The heuchera I sent is called "crimson Curls". I know you needed shade plants.

Happy Gardening everyone~Heather

o

Heather,
Wow, Debbie's package sounds neat! This swap is going really well! Thanks so much, Ladies for making this so easy!

I'm glad we have such a great group!

Deb

o

Heather,
I'm glad you enjoyed your box. I was a little worried about the spinner as it had to go in corner to corner. You might have noticed that I had to open your scissors (I got to the post office & realized that I forgot mine at home) you should of seen the tape all curling & hanging from the table & me trying to keep it from tangeling, as I had to put your scissors back into the box before I taped it shut. haha
Happy Gardening.
;o) Debbie
PS what kind of plants does your son have in his 5 senses garden? When I added the "animal name" seeds for your daughter I just really drew a blank on the senses thing - I mean most all flowers you can See, Touch and Smell

o

i'll be posting my package to candy, next week. sorry, its late getting off..have like, 3 swaps, to get out,lol..but, i love it all!
will post, when its out.
sheila

o

just checking in

o

Really looking forward to my box, thanks for the update Deb. I am really hoping it will help cheer me up.
It has been depressing times here lately, my uncle committed suicide on July 31st. It was a very hard and emotional week. Still in a bit of shock, and having a tough time dealing with things. I am feeling very down. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers everyone.

~Summer

o

Summer,
My heart goes out to You..and your Family! Life is so unpredictable, and stressful. Yet, so worth every precious day!

You, and your Family are in my Thoughts & Prayers, during this difficult time!

Hugs,
Deb

o

Hello Summer;
I am so sorry for your troubles, what a shame. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope life gets better. diene

o

Thank you two for the good thoughts and prayers, I appreciate it a lot. This is a great bunch of ladies on this board!

Deb, happen to hear anything else from my pal? I sure hope I have not been forgotten about. Let me know if you've heard anything. Thanks so much.

~Summer

o

Summer,
Promise...your not forgotten about. I would send you a package if your Pal couldn't. With the "Bunny Swap" I ended up sending three packages out. ;)

I resent your info either last night or the night before (by email). Your Pal emailed me back right away and said that a really nice box would be sent out ASAP. Your Pal is Sharon, the person who usually hosts the Houseplant swaps.

Deb

o

Giving this a little bump.

Snyboken, did your box go out yet for Summer?

Deb

o

Giving this a bump! I would LOVE to finish this robin.
Candycow was to send to- Momsgarden
Momsgarden was to send to- Candycow
Have these boxes been sent and received, please let me know.

Also, Snyboken- Sharon, have you mailed out Summer's package yet?

Deb

o

Hidy Ho, just checking in.

I have not received anything yet, hope Sharon hasn't vanished! I know she is running the houseplant swap like you said, so she must be around. Hope you are okay, Sharon!

It's looking like we might actually get some rain, but I better not speak too much of it, don't want to scare it away. Shhh. *fingers crossed*

~Summer

o

Summer,
I didn't forget about you. I'm going to email Sharon again, and see if your pkg. was mailed out yet.

Deb

o

Hey Deb,

Any word? Just wonderin'. Thanks.

~Summer

o

Summer,
Sharon (Snyboken) emailed me over the weekend, and said the box will be going out today.

Sharon,
Please post a delivery conf. # so the pkg. can be tracked.

Thanks,
Deb

o

Okie dokie, thanks for letting me know what's up. :)
I'm excited!

~Summer

o

I'm sorry late getting this out to candy..but been hectic around here. my hubby moved out, so were separted at this time. He said he pay some of the bills..but, i'm worried abouthow..i'm going have money to mail out,lol..I get an check the 1st..might have to do that..
He won't have money to give me for it. but, i will get it off..as i don't want candy think, i forgotten..or you diane..
Have you heard from candy..cause i haven't..
sheila

o

I swear i posted earlier,lol!!
anyway, i'm late in sending candy's...as its been hectic around here...my hubby moved out, so its hard on money right now..and my daughter just went school, k-5..
so, i'm going be late, but hopefully, hubby will help, getting my things out. so, let candy know. I haven't see her post anywhere..
sheila

o

Hey Deb,

Just wanted to let ya' know, I never got a package this week. :( Guess Sharon must be really busy or something, which I can understand. Just wanted to let you know, though.

~Summer

o

I just walked in the door, and came home to a really heavy box from Sharon! Haven't had a chance to open it yet, but wanted to let you know it is here!! I will post later after I have opened it! :))) I'm sorry I was impatient and posted that I didn't receive last week. I feel bad. I'm excited now! Will post the list in a bit.

~Summer

o

Okay, here's what was in this fun package!

garden gloves
a pretty little red, white, & blue candle, which I put on my nightstand for now
some beautiful sounding wind chimes, they will be great on my porch!
a cute flip flop garden decoration
a really cute green garden sign. I will save it for our new house, and find a perfect spot somewhere for it there when we move.
a neat plaque, that says "This is the day which the Lord hath made"
some magazines which I will have fun looking at. A BH&G, and 2 Traditional Home mags
a book, "Garden Style Decorating". It has some gorgeous, very inspirational photos, I can tell I will love looking through this one!
and last but not least, 4 packs of seeds. I love seeds.

Thanks so much Sharon, for this great box! I had so much fun looking through it and finding all the treasures inside. Haven't seen you post, hope you are doing okay and finding ways to stay cool.

~Summer

o

Summer,
I'm glad your package arrived! ;)

This swap is basically complete!
Momsgarden and Candycow didn't mail packages out yet (to each other). So, if they decide to do so, fine...if not, it's really their choice.
I had a ball hosting this swap! Thanks to everyone who joined!

Deb

o

My apologies to Deb and Summer for my lateness, So sorry to hold up ending your swap for my box. Please forgive me.

o

Oh my, Beth, you are so sweet!!!! Well, today, I got quite a surprise. Another package at my door, and I wasn't expecting any other packages from swaps this month, so it was a mystery to me! I opened it, and it was a box from Beth, because she thought I wasn't going to receive from my pal. I can't believe you went to all that trouble!! I feel really guilty that I ended up getting two boxes from this swap. I don't feel right. I almost feel like I need to send you something now, too, Beth, because you were so sweet for sending me a box when you thought I wasn't going to get one!! I can't believe how wonderful the ladies are here on this board, you are the most generous bunch I have ever had the pleasure of knowing! Like I said, I feel really guilty, but am so grateful for your generosity, Beth. You have really brightened my day. I want to apologize to you, though, because you went through all the trouble of sending a box to me, and I ended up getting a box from my pal anyway. I hope you're not upset. Your box was so thoughtful, here is what was inside:

-A really cute/thoughtful card, I love the picture!
-2 kinds of Daylilies, Super Purple and Black-Eyed Stella (I love daylilies, they are quickly becoming a fav. of mine.)
-A really cute little garden stake with a frog on it
-An 'Autumn Leaves' candle, smells so good
-Some all-purpose magnetic clips, for clipping things to the fridge and things of that nature, they will definately go to good use in this house
-A few bubbles envies and some packing tape, can always use those of course!
-A container of chocolate sticks Beth says are her favorite. I LOVE chocolate, but who doesn't? lol. I figured they were probably melty from the trip, so I put them in the fridge. Can't wait to try them later, they look so yummy!
-A really cute fall decorated jar, full of tulip bulbs, 2 packs of seeds, and peanut butter flavored taffy candies. I didn't care if they were melty, I had to try one. Soo good.

Beth, I feel so guilty that you went to all this thought and time for me, what a beautiful soul you must be! I feel like my thank you doesn't cut it, but still, thank you!!

~Summer

o

Summer,
Beth's such a sweet person...always thinking of others!
I'm so glad that I joined such a wonderful, thoughtful group!

Hugs to all~

Deb

o

Oh, and I can't forget one other thing she sent, the latest issue of Country Gardens. I love this mag, it has great photos and articles. Couldn't leave that out! Thanks again Beth.

~Summer

o

Summer,
I love Country Gardens too.. Actually, all Home/Garden magazines. So many ideas, so little time, LOL!

Deb

o

Summer, so glad to hear the box arrived already. It is great that you got two packages, just relax and enjoy. A little surprise now and then in a good thing,
BB

o

Summer, looks like something good came out of me being so late. enjoy your two boxes, hope they bring a smile to your face.

Again I apologize to Debby and Summer for being so late. And Beth thanks for thinking of Summer such as you did. that was very thoughtful of you.

I ended up sending a couple of boxes out from the hosueplant swap that weren't fullfilled, so debby please know I am sorry.

Have a great Holidy weekend all.

o

Beth, I see from the conf. # that my little thank you gift was delivered yesterday. Post so I know it got there okay, when you get a spare minute. Sure hope you like. And I didn't even know it was your birthday this last weekend!! So consider it a happy birthday present! :))

~Summer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here