Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaruzicka

August Charms, Seedsw, and Stitches Exchange!!!

lindaruzicka
13 years ago

Well, we're now signing up for the August exchange! We're still going to do the charms since gardening season isn't quite over yet.

1. The charms should have green or brown in them.

2. you need to send 10 charms per partner

3. You can sign up to exchange with 1, 2, or 3 partners.

4. Sign-ups are until Aug 9th and the charms need to be sent out by Aug 25th.

Let the sign ups begin!!

Comments (66)

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

I know, I know. Spooky, idn't it?

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    13 years ago

okay, only 8 more days to sign up! Everyone getting their charms together?

I've been helping my daughter pack to move. She's moving tomorrow into an apartment., It's about a minute and a half from my house so that's pretty convenient, huh?.."L"

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

I'm in for this month! Sign me up for 2 people.

This site is driving me batty, I've had to wait for 10 minutes for the dang page to load...UGH.... otherwise, I would've signed up sooner. Just couldn't get logged in & all that happy stuff. :P Don't know why GW is taking so long. Not having the same trouble with any other websites.

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

I'll be cutting my charms as soon as I can convince Bump that the sewing desk isn't his, but mine. He's adopted it as his new "pride rock", from which he can survey most of his "kingdom"...lol!

Is it okay if not all of my charms have the green or brown in them?

Peace.
    -Dan & the Wee Beasties

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL@ Dan..as if I expected them all too...LOL!!!

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

***stomping foot and shaking head*** (((muttering to self... at least I asked)))

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ROTF!! It's just a guide..if your partners don't care, neither do I.."L"

Sara is almost totally moved into her new apartment. It's shaping up pretty cute. I think she'll be alot happier although I'm exhausted!

Welcome Miss Bunny!

sign-ups:
    Lindaruzicka (hostess)
    Dan_the_mailman
    gmom/sharon
    irisnquilt/Kim
    ilovefarac/Melinda
    Hazelnutbunny/Melissa

• gmom2-6boys
    13 years ago

HI to Everyone,
    Seems a long time since I was here. I've been down state to see my 3 grandsons. The oldest was 5 on Tuesday.

Its good to see that we got a few more signed up. My charms have been cut since the day I signed up. The envelope has been waiting for a name to put on it. Mine is a mix of browns and greens.

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and gardening.
    Have a great evening.
    gmom

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Sharon,
    YOu sounded like you enjoyed your visit!
    ((HUG))
    Linda

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

Oh, shoot. For some reason, I was SURE today was partner day! :( I hate being wrong! LOL!

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

the cats are OFF the sewing desk finally!

I GET TO USE IT... YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
    (the scattered t-storms today are helping too, can't work outside today!)

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Way cool, Dan! Wish it was thunderstorming here! It is so hot and dry! Better than last week, but bad still!
    Have a great Sunday all!

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I think I may post partners later this evening. I'm going to Altoona early tomorrow and I wouldn't get back until late. Then there would be a riot!..LOL. Let me know if this suits everyone!

sign-ups:
    Lindaruzicka (hostess) 3
    Dan_the_mailman 3
    gmom/sharon 3
    irisnquilt/Kim 1
    ilovefarac/Melinda 3
    Hazelnutbunny/Melissa 2

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

NOPE! That doesn't suit me at all! LOL! I think you should post partners NOW!!!

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    13 years ago

geez...well, maybe..depends on what the others think..."whistling and looking up at the ceiling"

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Now that we're getting close to Linda (finally!!!) announcing partners for this swap, it's time to ask who would like to host for September? If no one else wants to, I'll be happy to do so. But first, I'd like to give someone else a chance to speak up for it if they wish. So, what say ye? Anyone else want to put on the host uniform???

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    13 years ago

okay, since I"m being unmercifully harassed, I shall announce partners. I have listed myself for 4 since it evened out things a little easier. Hopefully, I have this right..."crossing fingers" Please contact your partners and send your mailing addresses!

Dan sends to Melissa, Linda and Sharon
    Linda sends to Dan, Melinda, Kim and Sharon
    Melissa sends to Melinda and Dan
    Sharon sends to Linda, Dan and Melinda
    Melinda sends to Linda, Melissa, and Sharon
    Kim sends to Linda

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

***looking VERY innocent***

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

Okie Dokie! Dan & Melinda's charms went out this morning. Woo-hoo! I'm on the ball!! :o)

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Way to go Melissa!! I still need addy's from Linda and Sharon. Please send to me ok! thanks, Melinda

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

man, am I ever slow on the uptake. I just realized that I'm sending charms to the three people who are sending charms to me! LOL, how did I miss that??? mine will be going out in the mail tomorrow...

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I need the addresses of Kim and Melinda! "rubbing hands together"

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

my charms are ready and waiting by the door for me to go to work...lol! Stella "helped" get them ready last night...

this is so much fun!

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

okay, I'm back home from work, and my charms for Linda, Melissa, and Sharon are all on their way to their new homes! Now I can sit back and relax, waiting to receive my charms...YIPPEE!!! This is just too fun!!!

Would anyone else like to host the swap for September? If not, I'll post it over the week-end after waiting to see if we have another volunteer.

Peace.
    -Dan & the Wee Beasties

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

I wouldn't mind hosting, Dan...but I'm fresh out of ideas! I know the charm exchange isn't too difficult a concept....but I like to make things difficult ya know. lol!
    So just jump on in, Dan! We'd all love to have you host. :D

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement and props Melissa! I've had this idea in mind for a "lunchbox social" kind of exchange, and I think it would work for our next swap. I think I'll go ahead and post it.

-Dan

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Okay! The next swap is now posted. It's called the September Seeds-n-Stitches Lunchbox Social. Have fun with it!

-Dan

p.s. Notice I didn't include the Wee Beasties in that. Something has had Miss Stella spooked for the past couple of hours, so now they are both enjoying some time with Mr. Catnip. They are becoming very very mellow...hehehe.

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    13 years ago

"checking out Dan's swap".....

• gmom2-6boys
    13 years ago

I've been CHARMED by Dan! Thank You.
    Charms went out today for Dan, Linda, and Malinda. I hope you like them.

Just finished canning salsa and it smells so....good.

Have a great evening EVERYONE!
    gmom

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Good morning all! Just want to send a special thank you to Melissa! I have been charmed by her!
    I rec'd the other day, but was gone to dr. in Bentonville.
    I love the selection and colors!
    Thanks again so very much!
    I am hoping to get mine out today, tomorrow at the latest! Thanks, Melinda

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

I was charmed by Dan today! I'm so happy! :D
    I like getting GOOD mail!! LOL!

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

I was charmed by Melissa today! Woohoo!!! They've been thoroughly inspected and approved by Bump and Stella, who had a lot of fun helping me open my mail today! Melissa, there were some repeats, but only of ones I've been wanting more of, so don't you worry your pretty little fluffy tail about sending duplicates, y'hear me girl???
    I don't know what's more fun, opening up an envelope full of charms, or seeing that someone received one from me! Lol, it's all great fun!
    I received a new catalog from keepsake quilting today, full of ideas and kits and fabric and even a book on log cabins I'd like to get. I'm almost scared to add up the total of everything I'd like to get, but it would be cheaper than driving downstate to a decent fabric store, and much easier too! We have a joann's here in town, but there selection lately really has gone downhill. Oh well, I've got other choices, right? Lol, everyone have a fantastic weekend!!! I'm going to go play with my cookbooks for awhile, then maybe my fabric and new charms later tonight!

TTFN!!!

Dan & the Wee Beasties

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

YAYYYYY!!!! I was charmed by Sharon today!!! And what a cool assortment! Thanks Sharon!!! ***now to go kick Bump off of my sewing desk, I feel like playing with some fabric...***

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Fun getting mail, huh?!!
    Like you Dan, I also got my Keepsake quilting magazine and catalog!! I have been drooling for days!! Alot of neat ideas come from this one and tons of things I want!
    Now that I can't go outside much at all, I can lay around and wish for it all! LOL!
    But so many choices!
    Hope everyone is having a grand weekend! I'm sleeping alot! LOl! Melinda

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

I was charmed by Sharon! What a wonderful selection of fabrics! Truly enjoyed them!
    Thanks, Melinda

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

I got charmed by Linda today, and of course she couldn't follow her own rules! LOL! Linda, I haven't mentioned it yet, but I've decided to make a postage stamp quilt as my winter project, so I'll be cutting all those charms into fourths and adding them to the quilt. THANK YOU!!!

-Dan

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I got charmed by Dan and Sharon! Thanks so much, I loved the varity

• gmom2-6boys
    13 years ago

I've been Charmed by Linda. Thank You Linda. I haven't opened it yet so I don't know anything about the colors or assortment but I do thank you.

Good luck on the postage stamp quilt, Dan.

You all have a good night.
    gmom

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

I was charmed by Linda yesterday! Thanks so very much and I love the selections! Thank you, Melinda

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I received some lovely squares from Kim. Thanks Kim for the squares and the seeds!

Sorry I've been MIA! My daughter is expecting Sept 12 and she started labor early and then stopped. So she was sent home and now we're just waiting.."trying not to bite my paid for and looks very nice nails"

Dan sends to Melissa, Linda and Sharon-sent and received
    Linda sends to Dan, Melinda, Kim and Sharon-sent and received
    Melissa sends to Melinda and Dan -sent and received
    Sharon sends to Linda, Dan and Melinda-sent and received
    Melinda sends to Linda, Melissa, and Sharon
    Kim sends to Linda-sent and received

Unless I'm mistaken, I think Melinda is the only one left. Am I right on that Melinda? At this point, I don't trust my own eyes...LOL!!!

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Yep, you're right! The procrastinator! I plan on mailing them before the 25th I promise! I have good intentions and you'd think I could get it done being off work and all, but seems as only up 30 min. or so at a time and can't do what I thought I could! But will be there!
    Melinda

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It's okay Melinda, usually I"m the last one!..LOL! I just happened to clean up my sewing room and precut a batch of squares!

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

I have been having health issues again, so seem to be behind always! Think as if I can't work, I can surely do a few other things along the way, but harder than I thought! But they have all been mailed, so should be getting charmed by me soon! Melinda

• irisnquilt
    13 years ago

Just got my charms in the mail Wednesday from Linda. USPS chewed thru the envelope. How nice anyway I got charms and seeds.

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Is everything there? I can resend if you're missing anything!

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've been charmed by Melinda! Very pretty choices and worth the wait! As soon as her two other partners post, we can officially cliose this swap.."S"

• gmom2-6boys
    13 years ago

I've been charmed by Malinda!!!! Thank you so much. I can't stay and chat. I just finished splitting wood and I'm in need of a shower.
    Have a great evening everyone.
    gmom

• hazelnutbunny
    13 years ago

I was charmed by Melinda, too! She sent a great selection!
    Thank you, Melinda! (Hope you're doing well!!)

Sorry for the delay in posting (I actually received these last week!)!

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you everyone for joining in the swap, you've made it a success once again. I now pronounce this swap closed..."banging gavel"...

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

***clapping hands***
    Linda! Another job well done! Woo-Hoo!!!