Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

UPDATE: 10,800 Traveling Daylilies

brittneysgran
15 years ago

This month will be our first swap in quite awhile so looking forward to it. You can send any thing you like to your partner, daylilies, irises, hostas and other perennials. Some of our daylilies may still be blooming so you can even send an IOU for later if you like.

Ellen sending to Marea

Marea sending to SassyD

SassyD sending to Jean

Jean sending to Joy

Joy sending to MaryB

MaryB sending to Shirley

Shirley sending to Debbie

Debbie sending to Melinda

Melinda sending to MaryS

MaryS sending to Ellen

It seems like night time is the only time I have time to post. Sure hope all the ladies who signed up for the swap is checking our thread.

Shirley

Comments (108)

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hello Ladies! Finally popping in to say hello!
    Congrats Debbie on the birth of grandson. Nothing like it!!
    Anita, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Very sorry to hear that you have lost loved ones. Also continuing to pray for you and hoping things will be well soon.
    Mareas, what beautiful daylilies you have! That celebration of angels is gorgeous (as all the others are also-never saw an ugly one!! LOL). Everyone's pics are great!!
    Last but not least is Mary S. Your box went out and the dc # is 03080730000024174326. I hope you enjoy and do apologize for sending so late!
    Melinda

• annette_1964
    15 years ago

Good morning everyone,
    Have been real busy lately and have not posted here much. Debbie, thanks very much for the daylilies you sent, got them planted and they are doing great. Congrats on first grand, remember how it felt when I had my first. If you need daylilies let me know. I will be dividing some of mine in pots in late Sept. and would love to share with you if you need some. It has been hot and humid here but we have gotten some rain and I had daylilies that rebloomed that have never done this before.

Thanks again for the daylilies.
    Annette

• pchanggeo
    15 years ago

Oh boy... looks like I missed a bunch.

Debbie, CONGRATULATIONS! Will look forward to the pictures.

Dawn, should I draft Talon for my fantasy football team?

Shirley, I received the plants you sent several weeks ago. Thank you.

Marea, How do I love thee... let me count the ways.... or better not... don't want hubby coming after me :).

Seems this group has really dropped off... perhaps it's time for some new blood? Just a thought. My yard is filled to capacity, so I'm not really trading anymore. Feel free to remove me from the group, but I'm sure I'll still pop in to check up on you ladies.

Thanks,
    Paul

• dirtpig
    15 years ago

Come on now,how can one not love someone who likes the Traveling Wilburys and daylilies? Woot Marea :)Remember what Roy says..YOUR NOT ALONE..hehe..yup love Marea.

Anyone,I still need Joy's adress.

Hugs Jean

• annette_1964
    15 years ago

Hi,
    I forgot to say in above email that I like Marea, she is a wonderful person to trade with and very considerate.

Annette

• mamabeargloria2007
    15 years ago

OH MY GOSH...

I AM ON GOOGLE HUNTING UP SOME INFORMATION ON A DAYLILY NAME AND WHAT POPS UP IS A ENTRY FROM OUR GROUP FROM 3 YEARS AGO! HOW COOL IS THAT.... AND THO I SEE YOU ALL EVERY DAY IN MY YARD... AS I LOOK AT MY DAYLILYS.. I DONT EVEN KNOW THE DLS NAME... I SEE DEBBIES AND MAREAS AND DIRT PIGS
    SIGN ABOUT GARDEN ANGELS,,, SO, LOTS OOF OTHERS BUT TO LIST ALL YALL WOULD MAKE ME FEEL LIKE MISS JUNE FROM ROMPER ROOM... FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DONT KNOW WHAT ROMPER ROOM WAS DO NOT TELL ME!!!

I MISS HEARING ABOUT YALL, SO I GUESS THIS OLD BEAR NEEDS TO CHECK BACK IN AND DO SOME READING...

YES,ID BE INTERESTED IN THE TENN. TRIP.. MY HUBBY IS STILL NOT WORKING SINCE HIS LAY OFF IN DEC. AND IM REALLY LOVING HAVING HIM HERE..BUT I WOULNT BE ABLE TO DO IT LIKE I THOUGHT I WOULD! I GUESS WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE JUST HIGH THE GAS GOES..... I GUESS I COULD BIKE UP THERE!NOT!!!!
    SMILES...

DO I LOVE MAREA? IS A POLOR BEAR WHITE? ARE M AND M'S THE BEST CANDY EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR MADE???
    CAN THE MONTH OF AUG. BE OVER SOON ENOUGH FOR ME....WAIT, I DO WANT AUG.TO BE OVER LIKE YESTERDAY!!!
    I DONT LIKE HOT..IM OVER IT!!

/

• User
    15 years ago

Well, I certainly don't like Marea.
    I LOOOOOOOVE her!

Debbie, that first grandchild will never stop thrilling and amazing you. Did you ever think you could love another human being like you love that child?

Good to see you again, Gloria. Now that the weather's cooling, maybe more of us will return to the roost.

Dianne

• mareas
    15 years ago

Just checkin' ~ y'all usually just ignore me & I was doing a reality check. I LOVE you all right back. You have seriously helped me through some VERY difficult times just by listening. As long as I know you're listening I will keep talking. *grin* m'

• mareas
    15 years ago

Where is Joy? Can anyone contact her? Is she OK?
    Jean has her BOX READY!!

• mareas
    15 years ago

Paul, my take on "US" is that we are about being online friends first and active traders second. I love hearing & seeing your experiences of nature/daylies/plants
    and would be very sad if I didn't know that eventually you are gonna treat us to another one of your fabulous plant experiences/photos/if we are REALLY good
    maybe even your art... ~m'

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ellen sending to Marea -Received
    Marea sending to SassyD -Received
    SassyD sending to Jean -Received
    Jean sending to MaryB
    MaryB sending to Shirley
    Debbie sending to Melinda -Received
    Melinda sending to MaryS
    MaryS sending to Ellen -Received

Jean-I don't have an address for Joy. She has not posted about the swap since I assigned names either. I took her name off and please send to MaryB and if Joy wants to I will swap with her when she posts again. The list above has been revised omitting Joy. Thanks

Marea-I LOVE YOU GIRL!!!!!!YOU ARE THE BEST If you have not shipped my daylily Jesus Arose please add to the box Irises Joyce Terry, Starship Enterprise, Pumpkin Cheesecake and Pineapple and Grapefruit Mints..that is if you have any of them. I bought 6 mints 2 weeks ago and have them planted. If they do well I will share them with you next year. I also will send you daylily Cobalt Dawn, Chocolate Mint, Canna Journeys End, Hostas Pauls Glory and Great Expectations next week. These are on your want list. If you want anything else from my list just LMK.

SPRING GATLINBURG GET-AWAY!!!!!!!!!
    Debbie
    Sassy
    Shirley
    Gloria

Well we are up to 4 going on our Spring Trip. Hopefully some others will decide to join us before Spring arrives.

Gloria-If you will drive to Franklin you can ride to TN with me. I think I can drive there with my eyes closed. I have been 5-6 times so far this year and will be going 2 more times before the end of the year. So good to hear from you.

Debbie-That precious little grandbaby...I can never get enough of mine. I am so blessed that they live right beside me. It is strange how love gets bigger and bigger to include ALL your children and grandchildren. My first grandchild I thought I can never love another like I love her. Then Dawson comes along and I love him the exact same way. They are just like mine. Enjoy every moment and every day with him.

Need to finish packing for our camping trip.

Night everyone

Shirley

• veeja11
    15 years ago

wow Mammabear posted, goody her cubs miss her. how about a group daylily hug for Marea, it's a known fact that we all love her. Paul, no way are you getting away from us. you don't want a bunch of old ladies chasing after you :):)
    I will try to get to gatlin burg. Gloria how about I show up at your house and we bike togeather ? got an extra bike ?
    hope we have a trade here soon. My days are done bloomin so it's diggin time. happy gardening everyone, stay outta the heat. hugs carol

• mamabirrd
    15 years ago

Roses are red,
    Daylilies are yellow,
    I love Marea,
    More than you would know!

CONGRATULATIONS DEBBIE! I can't find the pictures!! I'm so anxious to see your brand new sunshine!

Did our pic thread disappear? Why can't I find it??

I miss you all.......it's been so hard to find any spare time these days. My sweet baby is 15 months old!! And my precious niece turns 2 this weekend. WOW!

Carol, yes, he's off to Penn State. ; )

And Paul, QB #22. : )

I'm going to see if I can locate our pic thread so I can see our youngest member and maybe get a pic or two posted before Teebie realizes i'm gone.

Hugs! Miss you lots!
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• jaceysgranny
    15 years ago

Hi all, it's nice to see so many of you here now. I stopped by to see what's going on and to say hi and found out it's "Luv Marea Day", well, gosh, who wouldn't love Marea? She's the best. She tries to talk to everyone and let them know they all count and is just a terrific, loving person so I'll say, I Love you "Rea!!"

Take care all,

Nancy

• marybz5ny
    15 years ago

Morning all,
    Sorry, I too have been guilty of not checking in very often these days. Life here continues to be crazy with a very heavy work schedule and three needy teenagers. So much new going on with everyone, where do I start?

Well, you know I love you all, BUT I LOVVVVEEEEE MY MAREA (and yes, I do think of her as MY Marea). I've said it so many times before and will always think of her as the heart of our group. Marea, you are one of only a very few here that are always holding us together when we all seem to stray. So even though many of us aren't around as much as we should be - DON'T EVER DOUBT THAT WE LOVE YOU - YOU'RE AWESOME!

Debbie, Congrats on the new grandbaby. What an exciting time for everyone! Will go on over to the picture thread to see if I can find the new pics of little Gunner. Big hugs to you!

Gloria, so nice to see you posting. We miss you.

Dawn, miss you as well. Hope when I get over to the pic thread (if I can find it) there will be some new ones of Talon too. Wow, 15 months already. I remember that age all too well. They certainly keep you running after them don't they? And Brooklynn is 2? How is that possible? Please let us all know how you are feeling too.

Paul, oh no you're not getting away from us that easily. The trading is so secondary here and you know that. We all love to hear your stories of your trips and your wonderful pictures. So no, just forget it, you're not going anywhere.

Anita, hope you're feeling okay these days. Not really sure of all that is going on with you - don't know if I missed it somewhere, but I think of you often and wish you would post and give us an update. We love you, Anita.

Jo, hope you're still reading and know we love and miss you too. Hope you come back to us again.

Shirley, thanks so much for organizing this last swap. Sorry your box hasn't gone out yet. I've looked at your list several times and thought what in the world am I going to send this woman that she doesn't already have????? Oh well, you know I'll come up with something.....good thing you're a hosta lover too. Hope to get to it at the beginning of the week. My daylilies are finally just about done blooming and I did very few crosses this year so I think I can safely dig some now. Need to get a box out to Sharon too so it could be a day of digging. I'm hoping with school starting next week to finally have some days to myself. It has totally been a summer of transporting my kids and their friends around all day every day and pretty much working every night. Where has summer gone?

I would SOOOO love to do the trip in the Spring. Just can't really commit to anything right now. Will have to be on the fence for awhile on this one.

Hello Nancy, Jean, Carol, Dianne, Annette, Sassy, Melinda, Miriam, Ellen, Karen and MaryS!

Better get going on something today. Lots to do before work.

Did I mention that I LOVE MAREA?
    MaryB

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Hey everyone, I've got today off ... I am working the entire holiday weekend. sad. Thought I'd pop in and say Hi.

Marea, you are the BESTEST!!!! Love the pictures you posted. Can't believe you have some daylilies still blooming.

I may be up for a few trades next year again. I really cleared out my gardens this summer since my back was hurting. And of course now it is feeling great. Who knew????

sharon

Our trip to Washington State was just fab! Someday I hope to post a few pics.

• livelyhope
    15 years ago

Thank you MaryB for saying "hello" to me. I thought every one
    had forgotten me.
    I was beginning to think that I had broken some rule and got expelled from the group.
    I don't know what loving "Maria" is all about, but she must be a real dandy.
    Love you all,
    Miriam

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Sharon, bad girl !!! you were in washington state and didn't come to see me, I can only forgive you if you promise if you ever come again you will stop at my house. Paul one of the cuttings you sent me this year is full of buds, I know I owe you something but can't remember what, please remind me. the one blooming is charles grim. I waited about two months before I potted them, so surely did not expect a bloom. We all have Mareas smile in our gardens, and in our hearts. I for one count myself blessed to have her as a friend, so why not have a Marea love fest. my delphinums are putting out a second bloom, I finally got a pink one growing, this is about the fourth time I"ve tried, but first success. Remy please tell me how to tell when a green zebra tomato is ripe ? Hi to everyone. hugs carol

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Has anyone heard from MaryS? I see her package was delivered on Saturday! I hope she liked her box and isn't unhappy with it. Also hope all is well! Melinda

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Hi Miriam, I feel like you are a neighbor ... Ohio, now that can be close .... or far. I live about 20 mins south of Detroit. Where are you?

Carol, OMG, I didn't realize anyone in our group lived in WA. We did the Olympic Nat. Park and Seattle. Was I close enough to have visited you???? I'll feel terrible if I was. I couldn't believe how tall the original stand pine trees were ... they rivial the Sequoias.

sharon

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Sharon, I live in the Tacoma area, about 50 miles from seattle. I would have come to seattle to make sure you saw the center of the universe and the troll under the bridge. did you go to pikes place market ? you would have loved visiting my puppies, so now you owe me. if you don't mind a slight puppy odor I have a guest bedroom you could have stayed in. it is an open invitation to anyone of you who comes my way, but Sharon now you owe me. blooms are slowing down but I planted a bunch of mums last year and they increased nicely and are blooming now along with autum joy sedum. happy gardening, enjoy the cool fall. hugs carol

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jean sending to MaryB
    MaryB sending to Shirley
    Melinda sending to MaryS -Sent

Miriam-We never could forget you...you are a part of this daylily group. So good to see you posting.

Nancy-So good to see your post also. Hope your garden was every thing you wanted it to be this year. The drought nearly did me in this year. I dreamed nightly of those water hoses. Couldn't enjoy the blooms for watering constantly.

Debbie-I will wait until next week to send your swap box since you left home to take care of that precious little bundle of joy. ENVY ENVY here.

Anita-Wish you would drop by and let us know you are ok. Miss you terribly.

Jo-Likewise hope you are ok....we worry about you when you are away.

Sharon-So happy to hear your back has mended. My back pain comes and goes. Can't figure out why it does that either. I really cut back on ordering new plants this year. Have a hard time taking care of what I have. Loved all your pictures on the picture thread.

Paul-Glad you received the daylilies. My brugs have not started blooming yet. As dry as it has been they look stunted.

Dawn-It is hard to believe that Talon is 15 months old. He will be in school before you know it. He is a beautiful little boy.

MaryB-Your list is likewise very long. I will love anything you send, you know me I love it all. LOL

Shirley

• nyvoices99
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    Yep!! It's me, lost in the world of life, still trying to pull my head from my you know what:) Don't have time for catch up right now, I have literally 100's of plants I need to get in the ground, If anyone is interested in a trade for Asiatic's, Orientals, Coleus,Cherry Blossom Begonia, Blackie Sweet Tater Vine & Bla, bla bla, Let me know, I would be more than HAPPY to send to you & wait for my end in the spring, as I have WAY to much going on to get it all in before winter hits here.

Marea,
    How do I love thee, Let me count the ways!!!!!! You know I love ya VERY much, Let me on this band wagon of love Marea:) Sorry I don't have time right now to spend the day counting & listing all the things I love you for, but most importently, I love you for whom you are, a person not afraid to speak your mind!!!!

Off to the PO to get Remy's box from the June OBF trade out, Yes I am that far behind, not that that's anything new for me, then back home to get planting.
    Have a great day all, will try to get back soon.:)Anita

• mary_s
    15 years ago

Just thought I would stop in and post that I did receive my swap box from melinda over the weekend! It was packed full of daylilies and perennials. I got them all planted on Monday before it rained! She sent
    Daylilies-Waiting for Peace
    Indian Giver x Medium Feather
    Peach Magnolia
    Trahlyta x Fairytail
    Cranberry Challice
    Orange Exotic x Satin's Spawn
    Gordon Biggs
    Island Maiden
    Little Heavenly Angel
    A lovely Begonia and 2 other nice perennials

Thanks again Melinda for a great package.Sorry I am so late in posting. I thought I had sent an email to you on Monday but maybe it did not go through!

It was our anniversary last night so we went out for dinner!

Things have been busy since I started back to work on the 11th. Our school started the 13th here...way too early for me! The weekend lake season will be winding down soon and we will stay home!

• livelyhope
    15 years ago

Hi Sharon - yes, we are pretty close, I live in Grove City - SW side of Columbus.

Thanks Shirley. Sometimes I have problems w/ my lungs and don't post for a while, but I am always thinking of you all.

Especially those that are sick or have those horrible accidents posted above. I do not forget to pray for them.

Prayer changes things. Hugs to you all.

Miriam

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

I am glad you rec'd your box! Was hard finding ones you didn't have! I am glad you liked it. Melinda

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jean sending to MaryB
    MaryB sending to Shirley
    Melinda sending to MaryS -Received

Anita-I am behind too. For sure Debbie's will be shipped next week.

Mary_s-What a great box you received. Love the daylily Waiting For Peace-just beautiful-And what a name. I can remember the first time I saw daylily Peach Magnolia I was in love with doubles after that.

Miriam-We always welcome your posts when you can post. Take care of yourself and those lungs.

Marea-I'm so excited that you are taking over the group. You don't know how happy that makes me. That you care so much about the group that you will keep us together. WAY TO GO MAREA.

I'm still working 10-11 hours per day (No more pay either) I am Salary so I get nothing extra. I was going to take Vacation next week but my boss asked me not to. I really really need a week off but I can't just leave for a week with no one to do the job. I'm counting the days to October it's supposed to be easier when the new Company takes over.

Night all...I'm ready for bed.

Shirley

• veeja11
    15 years ago

prayers needed, my little dog Tiyli is in the animal hospital, vet thinks she may have eaten some antifreeze. we let her out to go potty and she has been sneaking next door. vet is feeding her iv liquids and has her on a catheter in hopes of her kidneys resting and healing, This lil girl has her own bedroom, I love her lots, please pray for her. thankyou hugs carol

• mareas
    15 years ago

Oh Carol, you have my prayers for your little Tiyli! IV fluids can do miracles & I'm praying for one for her.

Mirium, I didn't forget about you, either. Hope you feel well enough to join in this month's swap so you can feel the love, too *grin*

Shirley, thanks for your support, my friend. That is too much work!! You & Cindy are in the same boat with that dedication to the job keeping you at the grindstone a zillion hours a week. But I know how it happens, I was working like 70 hours a week two Summers in a row at the vet hospital, with 10 hour days on the run that would turn into 14 before the last surgery case was stable and ready to be left alone for the night. Don't know where I found the energy for that! Anyhow, wishing you more than enough health & energy to keep at it until your mean ol' boss lets you take that week off. And hopefully THAT week you can tell me about the Farmer's Market...

Anita dear, I was so HAPPY to see you post! I love you right back, you know it. And I'm happy to hear that you are feeling well enough to get some gardening and box sending done!! Hoping you can join in this months swap.

Even though we aren't QUITE done with the Perennial Swap, I thought I should get this month's started so we can make Jean's Zone 4 planting deadline THIS year...

SPECIAL SMALL SEPTEMBER SURPRISES SWAP SIGN UP
    Send a fun grab bag of 3 special small surprises to your partner by Sept 30th.
    1 ~ Your first surprise can have ANYTHING to do with gardening, like a packet of delphinum seed, a lily bulb, a daylily, a cool used issue of a gardening magazine, artwork, handmade cards or jelly labels, a paint pen etc.
    2 ~ Your second surprise should be a plant/bulb/seeds off your partner's wish list.
    3 ~ The last surprise is up to you. It should be something that your partner will love.
    4 ~ There will be a prize awarded for the box that is least expensive AND contains the most surprising 3 items. White elephants are encouraged.
    So far at least 4 of us have signed up:
    Paul
    Carol
    Jean
    Marea

• nyvoices99
    15 years ago

Yep,
    Add me to the list Marea:)I would love to be in your swap & I will try VERY hard to be on time:)Anita

• livelyhope
    15 years ago

Thanks again Shirley. You are so thoughtful.

Thank you mareas and yes, add me to your September Surprise Swap.
    What do you mean by "least expensive" - do you mean postage or are we supposed to have price tags on what we send? He,He!

Carol, Sorry about your little friend. Most of us have had that heart ache.

Miriam

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Miriam you are in my prayers, Marea, thankyou for your prayers I felt bad asking for prayers for my dog, but I got my miracle her kidneys tested good today, after one 24 hrs of iv's so she came home, she dosen't go outside without me attached to her, I am always on the lookout for toxic items around my critters, but a renter next door moved and left cars, campers, bottles of chemicals, garbage, owners are in their 70's so haven't cleaned it up. Tiyli snuck over there on her potty break. I just love her sooo much and am so happy she is ok now. dh said he wasn't gonna pay for her to be on a kidney machine, that I would have to let her go, so I was a bit worried. thankyou for the prayers. I love ya. hugs carol

• mareas
    15 years ago

Least expensive? I guess there IS no way to judge that, never mind that part of the prize award qualifications. LOL

Just wanted to emphasize that this swap is NOT to be a deluge of store bought gifts or a call for hundred dollar plants to be sent.
    Just 3 things that are special, small & surprizes... marea

• dirtpig
    15 years ago

Well I sent out Mary B box on Aug 30..
    0307 1790 000 5178 3252 I checked the delivery con.number
    but get nothing so I have no idea.Hope she got it by now.
    Has anyone heard from her lately.

Carol happy Tiyli is home now :)

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Good morning everyone! I finally have a Saturday off! I too am on salary and have only had 4 full days off in 4 months!! Really sucks! But then someone has to be there to keep things going. Going to enjoy the computer this am and then out to plant, plant, and weed!
    Carol, I am so glad your little Tiyli is getting better! Will have to try and keep her home and away from the neighbor's.
    MaryS, glad you liked the box! Sorry the fan of little Heavenly angel was small, but only one I had on your wish list!
    Mareas-glad you are hosting and would love to be in on the swap for September.
    Debbie-I bet your new grandson is getting more grand by the day-isn't he!!
    And good to see Anita and hoping things are doing well for you.
    Everyone have a great day! Melinda

• mareas
    15 years ago

Hoorah that Tiyli is home!
    And happy dance for you, Melinda, getting a day for yourself ;)
    I haven't heard from MaryB here for like MONTHS! Been kinda worried about her, actually...

SSSS Swap Sign Up
    (copy & paste this list adding your name in your post, OK?)
    Paul
    Carol
    Jean
    Marea (pronounced "marry yah")
    Anita
    Mirium
    Melinda

I have the most beautiful Munson, Collector's Choice, blooming in my fig tree today.
    It's so special it almost balances out the imcoming rain storm with 15 daylilies to dig & send on Monday! Off to lug heavy pots around ~m'

• livelyhope
    15 years ago

SSSS Swap Sign Up
    (copy & paste this list adding your name in your post, OK?)
    Paul
    Carol
    Jean
    Marea (pronounced "marry yah")
    Anita
    Mirium (miriam)pronounced miri -am) That's Mary in English
    ************* Marie in French and Miriam in Hebrew.
    Paul
    Carol
    Jean
    Melinda

Thanks for you prayers Veeja - I covet your prayers - that's the only thing that changes a hopeless situation.
    I want all the prayers I can get - I would like to be off this oxygen tank some day - Lord willing. If not the grace to accept it. I haven't done that yet - sometimes , I get angry when I don't have the breath to do anything. Human nature GETS IN MY WAY.
    Miriam

Miriam

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Paul
    Carol
    Jean
    Marea
    Anita
    Mirium
    Melinda
    Shirley

I want to be in on this swap too.

MaryB-Posted on August 29th.

Marea-While I am thinking of it I will tell you about the farmers market where I sell plants in the Spring. It is held on Saturday mornings from 8:00-12:00. You can set up and sell there as long as it is something you grow, canned, made, baked and etc. WE have some of the neatest vendors selling there. One lady grows mushrooms, two other ladies sell goat related items. I could not believe the fudge they made out of goats milk, it was really good. Then they do several kinds of goat cheese. Then we have several folks selling bakery items, several selling fresh vegetables, and I of course sell irises, daylilies, hostas, crocosmia and other plants. I usually quit selling after the daylilies quit blooming. It only costs $20.00 per year and you make very good money. They use the money for signs and advertising.

Carol-So happy your Tiyli is going to be ok. I know how it is losing a beloved pet.

Melinda-I do get my week-ends off thank goodness. I really got alot done today. After DH returned from hunting he helped me weed a huge flowerbed.

Miriam-I pray that you will get off that oxygen tank. I guess you have to go about things in an entirely different way when carrying an oxygen tank around. She doesn't post anymore but we did have a member (Barb) who was in a wheelchair and she did do gardening.

I feel kinda lost since Brittney (Granddaughter) has left for college. It seems so odd that she doesn't come home everyday now. She thinks she wants to be a dental hygienist.
    Good money if she doesn't change her mind.

Shirley

• mareas
    15 years ago

Oh Mirium! I didn't realize you were so limited! You have my prayers too.

Shirley, thanks for the cool & mouth watering description of your farmers market. We have them all over here, too, but I was wondering about the business side:
    taxes, licensing, permits etc. I was thinking it would be fun to sell gallon & 12" pots of flowering daylilies & hostas etc. Guess I better find contact info for a local one & get the details.
    I bet you keep expecting Brittney to walk into the room, huh? I'm blown away about how fast she grew up! You & Sharon should compare notes about girls off to college.
    Isn't Sharon's blue-eyed flower fabulous? I have a couple sdlgs from it here & boy, do I baby those things...

Just in case any of you have been looking for daylilies to purchase, remember to check out our BUSY Canna's website! What bargains to be had!
    I was just drooling at it & thought I'd share:

Here is a link that might be useful: Southern Skies Gardens

• budsnblooms
    15 years ago

Just got back from spending a week with my new grandson. He is just the cutest grandbaby ever. I just can't stop grinning. I'll post pictures so you can share with me.

Miriam, Annette, Roxy, Melinda, Diane (sassy)-Please know that new members are always wanted and loved. Unfortunately, the last year has been a transition time for the TD's. Now that Marea has agreed to lead our wonderful group, we are no longer at loose ends and you should see a big change in the TD's. If you have any questions...ask the person who sponsored/brought you into the group or feel free to ask Marea or me or anyone else in the group. If you're shy about posting your questions, privately e-mail any of us.

I want to join the SSSSwap also. The list is now:
    Paul
    Carol
    Jean
    Marea
    Anita
    Mirium
    Melinda
    Shirley
    Debbie

Sharon I loved seeing the pictures of your beautiful/handsome children. Please keep posting. I've missed you.

Jo have you disappeared again? We would love to hear from you.

Karen I loved the butterfly idea. How are they fed/watered in the house? Cut flowers maybe? Houseplants?

Happy anniversary Anita and David....Pics of Little 'D' please.

I have a list of the rest of you that I will say hello in the next post. I don't want this one to go on too long. But I don't want to miss this chance of giving our old mamabear a big thank you hug and to let Marea know that I love her too and will support her 100% just let me know what and when I can help out.

Off to post pictures and answer e-mail.

Big TD Hugs to everyone,
    Debbie

• mareas
    15 years ago

Thanks, Debbie! I already sent you kudos on the bouncing baby boy, but forgot to tell ya he even makes ME grin.

Had a computer disaster last night ~ windows caused a fatal crash & burn and the only thing my computer would let me do was wipe it blank & restore the original programs...
    Lost the past 4 years worth of photos, as well as everything else. Of course I had not gotten around to copying my photos on discs... :( Luckily, I have quite a few on photobucket, so I have some left. Lesson here for yall ~ get that irreplacable stuff copied!

Will draw partners on Friday 8/12 for the SSSS Swap, so c'mon everyone ~ just throw any 3 things from your desk or potting table into a box & sign up!!

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Debbie-Your box was mailed....Yeah I'm catching up finally.
    Was hoping to send a list for you to choose from but think I found some things you will like and were looking for. Off to the picture thread to see if you have posted those pictures yet.

Shirley

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Have to go out refrigerator shopping - YUCK!

But wanted to quickly say ...

Put me in the SSSS Swap!

It that too loud? LOL
    sharon

• livelyhope
    15 years ago

Hi mareas- I tried to let you know that my name is spelled

Miriam, but I messed up. Here it is again.

(miriam)pronounced miri -am) That's Mary in English
    ************* Marie in French and Miriam in Hebrew.
    Also I have a most wonderful husband who does not begrudge me his time when I need it. That is why I can still work and have fun in my flowers.

Thanks for your prayers Shirley - that means a lot to me.

Thanks to all of you who pray for me and each other. It is comforting to know that so many here are friends of God.

Miriam

• cheerpeople
    15 years ago

I'm tuckered out. Just dug out a 100# iris pseudacorus. It bent my metal handled shovel. I fought the iris and I won!

Butterfly caterpillers eat the butterfly weed. After they get their wings they don't eat- they just want out. They didn't flutter as I had hoped, they just glued themselves to the glass and begged me to open the window.

My son has his drivers permit. We pray before heading out!

Marea bless you! After a computer crash. We sent our HD to a guy who recovered the old harddrive and pics with some fancy computer stuff. Worth a try? I have no idea if it's too late. It costs. I think the guy was in Oregon.

I'd like a new member with email list if we have one compiled.
    Could we have a newer emial list mailed out via emial?

I need to go play with the kitties to fully recover,

Karen

• budsnblooms
    15 years ago

Hi Karen...Making changes now to the member list. I will mail one out to everyone with the e-mail list included as soon as I'm done.

Miriam...please send me your birth month and day to add to the members list.

Shirley...no hurry about the box. Oh, I see you already mailed it. I'll let you know when I get it and don't worry about pleasing me...everything you grow pleases me (grin).
    I also hope you will post more about selling at the farmers market as there is a small one not too far away that I have thought about renting a space and selling dl's.

Ellen...I can't believe how much your blonde beauty has grown and changed. Do you have blonde hair too...or did she get that from her dad?

Canna...new pictures of your younguns please...know you're busy but post when you can.

MaryB....Teenagers...run for the hills!!! Just kidding. It's a sometimes difficult age but also a fun one. They're almost grown...enjoy each moment with them.

Dawn...I love the pictures of Talon you posted...Such gorgeous eyes. Visit us as often as you can.

Carol...how is Tiyli?

Paul...A daughter in high school. A fathers nightmare (just teasing). I saw that you play fantasy football...my hubby and son does too. Hubby's teams name is "Flat Rock Cowdogs" in case you are ever in his league. What's your teams name? If you don't mind saying. I'll tell him to keep and eye out for your team.

Nancy it was so good to hear from you. Please let us know what't been going on in your life.

Dianne...thank you for sharing my grandbaby with me. You were right...as soon as I held him...I fell totally in love with him.

Debbie

• livelyhope
    15 years ago

Hi to all. Debbie my birth date is July 15, 2008. He he!

I am 70 yrs. young and getting younger by the day - inside that is!. I just can't get my body to cooperate with the real me inside.

Does anyone know what I mean??????.

Miriam

• pnwjoy54
    15 years ago

Hello group.

I'm feeling very embarrassed and ashamed at the moment.
    :-( I owe you all an appoligy. I wasn't aware I had been excepted into the group and hadn't been watching the forum. Darn it, I would have known it if I had been. My bad. I'm so sorry and so disappointed in myself.
    I found Jeans email while cleaning out my spam folder the other day so I wrote her back asking what TD was and did we have a trade and if so, what did I owe her. She explained that I was a member of the Traveling daylilies group and she got my name and I got Mary B's name for a trade. Sorry Mary. Anyway, She told me it was taken care of when no one had heard from me. I'm so sorry and pretty mad at myself for missing out on the fun you all had. I'd still like to be a member if you'll have me. I promise to keep in better contact and to post on a regular basis this time if you will.

Joy (pnwjoy)

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Hi everyone. I talked to our humble leader and she agreed this is an important topic and doesn't mind me posting this. We all love children so why would anyone mind? Right? .................................

I'm just going to cut to the chase, you need to contact both Senators in your state and you also need to email the Senate Majority Leader, its up to his discretion, Senator Harry Reid...Nevada, whether bills are up for being voted on. Please send him emails, he's 'the' most important along with your Senators. If he's not contacted, they might not get heard at all.

If you have any questions please email me, I'll be more than happy to help and thanks Marea! You're awesome and I appreciate your thoughts! This is what I received from (1) of my Senators. Mind you, I also have a residence in NC and I've not heard from either. How dissapointing. I still say we need to also email the Senate leader. I hope you will, whether you post on here or not. I'm not asking for posts, I'm just asking that you act on it!

Dear Mrs.....,

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for child protection legislation. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.
    As you may know, Senator Joe Biden of Delaware introduced S.1738, the Combating Child Exploitation Act on June 28, 2007. This bill would establish a Special Counsel for Child Exploitation Prevention and Interdiction, improve the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, increase resources for regional computer forensic labs, and enhance the ability of law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute child predators.
    Like you, I am outraged when sexual predators prey on innocent children. There is a growing need for legislation that modernizes the reporting requirements for child pornography violations and enacts stricter penalties for the use of the Internet in violation of child pornography or sexual exploitation laws.

Unfortunately, the Senate Democratic Leadership has twice objected to the passage of S.1738, insisting it will only pass if it is included in a package of nearly 35 other bills, many of which are unrelated and address less vital concerns. The Democratic Leadership has continually refused to bring S.1738 up separately for consideration.

Blocked by these repeated objections, Senator Tom Coburn has introduced S.3344, the Protecting Children from Pornography and Internet Exploitation Act. This comprehensive child protection bill combines S.1738 with the Securing Adolescents from Exploitation-Online (SAFE) Act, which passed the House by a 409-2 vote. However, the Senate Democratic Leadership has objected to this legislation as well.
    Currently, S.1738 and S.3344 have been placed on the Senate legislative calendar and may be called to the Senate Floor for consideration at the discretion of Senator Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader. Rest assured, I will keep your thoughts in mind if and when either of these bills comes to the Senate floor for a vote.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns with me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about any issue important to you or your family. It is an honor to serve you and the people of South Carolina.

Sincerely,
    Jim DeMint
    United States Senator

Dear Senator Reid,
    I hope and pray you will make sure S.1738 and S.3344 are voted upon before the session ends this month. I beg your cooperation in this matter for our children's sake. Its long past due and I'm sick and tired of 'our leaders' coming up with any reason they can find to trash legislation that will help save OUR children.
    Thank you in advance,
    my signature

I admit, I'm not an elequoent speaker, thats why I need all of you! Maybe one of you will say it better than me, I don't care as long as it gets through to them.

Thank you to everyone that helps!
    Sassy

You can go to protect.com or oprah.com whichever is easier. Either way, please just do it!

I've always posted pics but have never posted links, so anyone that can do that, please do it now. This is so important, session ends on Sept. 26! Think of how many children will be hurt and killed before they come back in session. Really, think about it:(

• pnwjoy54
    15 years ago

I'm on my way Sassy.
    Thank you for the heads up.

Joy