Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grannymarsh

NEW: 'All My Blooming Friends' August Iris Swap

grannymarsh
17 years ago

If you are a member in good standing of the "All My Blooming Friends" group and wish to participate in the Iris-in-August Swap; sign up here.

Please give me a bit of slack as this will be my first try at hosting a RR Swap.

Rules: 2, 4, 6 rhizomes AND/OR bulbs (in the case of non-bearded) named OR 2, 4, 6 unnamed.

You may sign up more than once. My thinking is that someone may have multipled trades of the same variety, or named AND un-named Iris. (I have extras of both and would't mind sharing.) Let's try to avoid the common yellow & lavender iris that one sees at every abandoned house and field. You indicate at sign-up which categories you wish to participate in.

Please include name tags marked with the variety attached appropriately, or if for unnamed cultivars, some indication of color and/or type. Bearded Iris rhizomes should be trimmed and dis-infected for your partner's safety.

I'll take sign-ups until 11:59pm July 31. With the pkgs being mailed by August 15. Mailing will be sent Priority with confirmation #. Posted when sent and delivered.

Sign up on this thread, I'll start a new thread when all who wish have signed up and I've chosen partners based on who has what.

If you have a wish list of Iris post on this thread.

Comments (35)

• veeja11
    17 years ago

please count me in for 6 un named. thankyou carol

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

~~Is it ok to sit out on this one??...I dont have any Irises to share.....Hope you all have a great time!
    Blue Skies
    Trish/DancingMoons

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Is anyone interested in Siberians? This is mostly what I have (unnamed). I have a few named Louisiana. I will wait to see if anyone is interested in these.
    Theresa

• grannymarsh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Siberians too !! I only have 2 named, and I don't know if they're ready to share, but I would certainly be interested in having a few more.

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

I'm going to have to sit this one out too. I have not started collecting irises yet and only have a couple small ones. Thanks and have fun. Amy

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I'm going to sit this one out. I only have a couple small iris too.

Deb

• mellen
    17 years ago

I, too, will be passing again this month. But, I will keep in touch. What a nice group of ladies we have here!

Mary Ellen/Mellen

• klickitat
    17 years ago

I don't have any irises to trade right now so I'll sit this one out. :( However, if I come across some in the nurseries before the end of the month I may still join in last minute.

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Sorry, I will be sitting this one out. I will definitely be in the bulb exchange.

Maureen

• skohler
    17 years ago

I wouldn't Mind trading 6-12 or more of my named &
    Unnamed Bearded Irises, dwarf Irises, varigated iris
    Black game cock Iris, japanese irises, unnamed.
    for any of these type of plants .
    THAT IS IF OUR HOSTESS IS OK WITH IT .

susie

Hosta Named or unnamed any large leaf ones or BLUES
    Heucheras
    caryoperis x clandonensis summer sorbet
    coreopsis snowberry
    coreopsis autumn blush
    ANY digitalis giants shirley mix colors
    or spice Island
    purpurea razzmatazz or fancy frills
    CANDY LILIES ::))) Whites , lt pinks ,
    Varigated yucca
    BRUNNERA ANY OR ALL :))) ******HADSPEN CREAM ++++
    Toad lilies amethystina *******

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi,
    I'm in. I can be a partner for named or un-named. It doesn't matter to me. Whatever will work best for matching people up.
    I just have one pain in the behind request. I need my sender to send before the send by date because my operation is on the 21st.
    Remy

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Susie ~ If it is OK with our hostess, I would LOVE to send you named, nice divisions of some hostas for some iris!
    Once we get the OK, I will let you know what I have available, and can probably even send you pics of the plants that I would send.

I have quite a few iris, but pretty much just one fan of each, so none really to share at this time.

Tina

• candycow
    17 years ago

hi i would love to join in but someone has to tell me how to mail iris ive never done this before thanks candy

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

I want in for the iris swap. I love irises.
    I can trade named bearded, named japanese, named siberians, or named louisianas.

Shirley

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

I have to sit this one out, do not own a single iris. Plus, catalogues don't ship iris here till Sept. Have a great month ladies I will stop by to visit. Susan/giverny

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

I can't play this time either--Carol just sent me some iris but they haven't quite adjusted to their new home yet--our temps have been so high- I am watering and have my fingers crossed:)
    Stay cool everyone--our high today is going to be 105 with dangerously high humidity--everything and everyone is just trying to survive this heat!! They promise cooler temps and RAIN by the weekend-can't wait!
    Jeanette

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I can't join in this one but will drop in from time to time to say howdy..............113 here.

• pattyp2257
    17 years ago

hi everyone this has been a good swap but i wount be able to do this swap i dont have enough iris and so i will have to sit this one out everyone have a great time patty

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hello everyone. i need to assess what's out there to determine if i am named/unnamed. i have a week or so to check things out and make a definite decision to be a part of this month's swap. i'm a little iffy, what with the heat and the new addition to the family.

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

I am still iffy too. I am getting some irises from a friend next week then I can decide. Except for my noid siberians I don't have many others to trade. The few bearded I have are not ready for division and I just have the one named Louisiana. I do have unnamed Louisiana. I don't know if anyone wants that.
    Theresa

• skohler
    17 years ago

HERE"S A BUMP UP
    & I would like a count of you that are in for this
    Aug Swap :))

Then I would like to see a show of votes who would
    like to join in if they could send other types of
    plants :))))

For Myself Named are nice to have But I don't
    care if there are named or unnamed
    plants as long as they are healthy & pretty
    AND Anything that I don't have :))) .

Well speak soon :)) for the sign up date is about here

susie

• grannymarsh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

This is my list of who is in for a strictly Iris only Swap:

Veeja
    Suek
    Remy
    Brittanysgran.
    grannymarsh

If you are "Iris Challenged" and would like to trade other plants for Iris, speak up and we can modify the rules a bit. I am worrying a bit about shipping plants in the Summer heat.
    Marsha

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Hi Ladies, Well first of all, I want to congratulate EARTHLY on that beautiful baby who is a new addition to her family. Boy or Girl?, and Name please. I am sure all of our friends would like to hear some of the news. Hope all is well for you and the new parents. :)
    On another note, I have been monitoring this thread while on vacation, I am interested in trading if someone wants to trade perennial for perennial, I don't expect to get iris if I have none to share...if you are looking for more people. Either way, whatever Grannymarsh thinks is fine. Hope everyone is having a nice (cool) Sunday./Susan

• skohler
    17 years ago

Yea susan good to have you in :))) sure hope others will jump back in with us :))) .

Have a great day all
    susie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

I would love to join for August but I have a HUGE test coming up, starting new job, and the boys start football next week which is every single night. I just can't commit to August but I will definitely be in for September. The iris I got from my friend were not separated even by color. And as far as other perennials, it is just to hot here right now to plant or to even dig and send. I really hope you all get enough players...I'm sorry to be another one passing. Hope you understand.
    Theresa

• skohler
    17 years ago

No Problem with passing theresa Just going to miss
    many of you :((
    Marsha will we be havening the same parners
    Or sending & receiving to others ?
    Have any details for us as to what you have in
    store for us ??

Happy gardening all
    susie

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hi all. hope everyone is well.
    marsha, as much as i would love to join an iris swap, i am going to pass this go around. aside from weather, just way too much going on with vacation, and yet needing to find a job (again!) and all my extra time i will spend counting my blessings with the new baby! i love iris too and am a little disappointed that i'll miss this one.

susan, thanks for your congratulations. she's just beautiful. her name is gianina (gia nina). it's interpretation is "kissed by God". i wasn't so sure about that name when they first came out with it, but she certainly has been kissed by God. she's just amazingly beautiful and smells so good. yesterday i just sat with her and held her against me for hours. it was heaven.
    her she is again, one week old.
    {{gwi:1291753}}

be well all, happy blooms.
    maryanne

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Congrats Maryanne to you and your whole family. She is, indeed, a very beautiful blessing!
    Theresa

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

thanks, i made a mistake though on the meaning. it's not kissed by God, it's God is gracious. either way, God has been and is great!

• grannymarsh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

veeja11, I sent you an e-mail yesterday. Did you receive it??

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

Hi all Maryanne the baby is a beauty you are so lucky I am going to be a grandma again in september it is going to be another little boy my daughter was hoping for a girl this time but as long as her 3rd son is as healthy as her other two we will be blessed I'm in as long as I can send at the end of August I will be going to band camp with my daughter and will be away I can do 4 unnamed as long as I don't get Suzy I already sent her most of my iris. Patty

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Marsha, I did not get your e-mail. Earthly where does your grandbaby live? Is she close ? congrats, my fav grandaughter is 15, I still call her Tinky tho, sure miss that new baby smell, but I am ready to wait 20 yrs for a great grandaughter at least. Dh is off today so we went out to breakfast and dinner. I love not having to cook. chickens are laying three eggs a day so I have about three dozen extra, making neighbors take them. hugs to all Carol

• grannymarsh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bumping this on up.
    Just 2 more days to decide.

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

I don't have any iris to swap but could send daylily, super purple for a pink or white iris if anyone wants to do that.
    this lily is the first bloom

for "Ed Murray" in my garden
    You can google super purple or I can send a photo if anyone is interested. It is an older one but blooms well

• grannymarsh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

See new post for partners and updates

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!