Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sassyd_gw

new: pp's august rainbow elephant swap

sassyd
14 years ago

We are calling this the RAINBOW Elephant Swap because although the rules will basically be the same they will be a little different from a regular WHITE Elephant swap.

In THIS swap we will have rounds and final round the last box to be chosen will end the game and then the boxes can then begin to be sent out.

sassyd(me) and ncgardengirl-Fran will be dual hosting this month so if you have questions you can ask either one of us and we will be happy to answer any questions.

Fran will be keeping track of whose turn it is next so if someone gets lost she might just

give you an email to let you know it is your turn and time to check in.

OK NOW this is how the game will go:

Instead of having the person who a box was stolen from pick another box as soon as their box is stolen, We will be going to the next person who gets to pick. We will go through the list of everyone who joins and allow them to pick a box.

The same rules would apply basically, you just can't choose immediately after a box is stolen, you will wait your turn until the next round and CAN NOT steal back the box that was stolen from you until the next up coming round.

So say we have these players:

Fran

Tracy

Sassy

Vic

Annie

Round 1:

Fran picks box 2,

Tracy picks box 4,

Sassy picks box 5,

Vic steals box 2 from Fran,

Fran is out a box until round 2 where she must pick a new box until box 2 is stolen from Vic,

Annie steals box 4 from Tracy same thing,

Tracy is now out a box until round 2 begins and can not choose the box that was stolen from her.

Round 2

Fran picks box 3,

Tracy now steals box 5 from Sassy,

Sassy steal box 2 from Vic which makes it available for Fran to steal because that is not the original thief

Vic box steals box 4 from Annie making it open for Tracy

Annie box 5 making Tracy without a box until the next round

Round 3

Fran still has box 3

Tracy can NOW steals box 4 back making it her 2 second steal and one more will FREEZE this box and secure it for Tracy

Sassy still has box 2 from round 2

Vic steal back box 2 making it her second time with box 2 and one more it is secure for her

Annie still has box 5 on holding

Ok, does everyone have it? We will be playing in rounds so please if you sign up please please please check in often to see if it is your turn yet. We understand people get held up with everyday life and we wanted to play the game again because EVERYONE thought it was fun and we think this is the fairest way for an internet version to be played. Everyone has a chance at any box this way, hopefully.

Please join us we will take sign ups until August 3rd please post your box contains when you join OR soon after so that the game contents of each box can be posted when the game begins.

Sassy and I will let you know how the picking order goes at that time, we havent discussed as of yet how we will pick the order but will have it decided by game time!

Let the games begin and hope to see you there for the August RAINBOW Elephant Swap.

sassyd-Sassy

ncgardengirl-Fran your August Hostesses

Comments (60)

• gardencraze
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

BUMMER BUMMER BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A BIG welcome to Kat, well Kat it looks like it might just be you and me. SO what ya say we just do a trade and get this thang over with ROFLing. Just kidding they'll come along.

I think I'll do something different this time. I think I'll do more garden stuff then plants. MAYBE?

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

OPPS SORRY THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE OTHER THREAD!!!!!!!

I had 2 windows up and keep getting an error on the other one and got confused as to which one I was posting on....
    I will go correct it!

SO SORRRRRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!

:( Fran the iVillage idiot strikes again!

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Wow, where is everyone? Lost maybe????
    Don't they realize the NEW Thread has been posted? I feel like I am talking to meself here!

:( Fran

• katsgarden864
    14 years ago

Hello!

Tracy I did recieve your email and It was VERY helpful!
    I will have to take a glance at my garden and see what is out there so I can post a list on my trade page!

I had shoulder surgery this past friday and it's been quite a journey! Here I am at 24 and had to have my shoulder replaced! But alas despite the sudden events i've been getting around quite well I should say and would hope you all excuse my delayed responce!

I have never mailed plants before and until now i've only ever delt with seed trades but I'm always up for trying somthing new!

As the newbie I was hoping some one could be kind enough to e-mail/post an example list of what kind of things you all put in your boxes that are sent out?

Tracy, I know you said plants are typically traded, are there specifics that you go by? For example If I sent a rooted cutting of my passion vines would that be acceptable or do you lovely ladies prefer a more mature plant?

I had thoughs of sitting this month out, but participating in the forums and getting a feel for the group and then join in the september swap, that way I don't screw up sending a "not enough" box or somthing silly like that.
    *laughs* I get nervous trying new things and hate to screw stuff up.

Well, now that i've rambled..

Hope to talk to you all real soon! I'm so excited to be a part of a garden group! =)

Thanks!

-kat

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Good morning Kat,
    Don't be nervous This is a really fun group and we will help you thru the rough spots, (oh wait there are no rough spots just fun).
    I'm pretty new to this group myself I only joined this past April. It's been real, uummmmm how shall I say, interesting to say the least and loads of fun.

Kat since noone else has signed up yet, I think it would
    be a good idea for you to go to our very first
    "Petal Pushers" post for July where we posted all of our boxes, then you can get a really good idea of contents of a boxes. After we post the box we even add or change a little if we have to.
    I hope this helps :O)

I probly won't be posting till Sat I will post my box then.

I owe I owe it's of to work I go (whistling)

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

fran i sent you an email

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Good Morning!

Kat I got your email and will be sending one back at you in just a bit! I am cringing for you at having your shoulder surgery. OUCH! I've had shoulder trouble for years now and am terrified at the prospect of having surgery on it eventually. You sound so good after just having had it. You may be my new hero.

I think you may want to take it easy on digging and sending plants right now. I would feel terrible if you injured yourself. Visiting with the gals would be fine with me but that is totally up to you.

We can help as far as how to prepare plants for shipping. It sounds a little scary at first and some plants travel better than others but they all perk up when they are back in the ground and given some healthy gulps of water.

We send at least 5 plants per exchange, if I remember correctly, sometimes we get carried away and send much more. Everyone here has somewhat of a different collection going. Sassy is very interested in Iris and Daylilies, I am into Echinacea, Hosta, Heuchera, and Clematis, Pat is into Heuchera, Hosta, Echinacea, and lots, lots more, Carmen is much more tropical as she is in Florida, you should see some of her pictures. Goodness she has some amazing blooms going on. I could go on and on about each of our tastes but my fingers will wear out and I'll have to type with my elbows. :O)

Anyway, there is a lot of diversity in each of our tastes in plants, some of us are nearly twins in what we like and others are total opposites. I have been introduced to so many new plants that I never would have looked into because of these ladies and their diverse plant collecting. It has been a great adventure so far and has led to me broadening my plant collecting quite a lot.

Ok, I am going to quit blabbering on for now and go answer some emails and stuff. I will check back in a little later to see how much I've confused you with my rambling. :O)

Tracy

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Shirley your track #1z6408w10361051278 its out for delivery now.

Denise yours is 1z6408w11362307730 both UPS, yours will be there tommorrow by 4:30. Btw, I had a little problem with Pink Grace and didn't want to send it out to anyone yet so to make it up i'm sending you a couple extra iris that I didn't see on your have list. Hope thats ok.

Deb, I haven't forgotten to post what was in your box, I'll be workking on that now! Just know I loved it!

Sassy

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry, thats what happens when you try to post with a 2 year old hanging off your neck! lol

Will go post it on the correct thread. (What can I say, I've been around Fran too long!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Rofl'ing at Sassy. Cute pooch there girly girl! 2 year old girls make the prettiest necklaces, don't ya think?

hugs,
    Tracy

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

SASSY, I am SOOOOOOO glad I am not only the iVillage idiot BUT I am the president too, anyone else care to join this club ROFLMAO hehehe...

Wow, it really looks like NO ONE is going to play this month, I am just speechless and ladies let me tell yah THAT is hard to do!!!

:) Fran

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry that I haven't been around, my neck has been acting up since the recount for the July swap.

It's been hot as he^% here and I haven't gotten much done around the yard. I have way too many things to take care of so I'm not going to play this month. I need to get all of my store bought plants in the ground and to do it I need to rearrange a bit.

I'll pop in in and say hello and see how the swap is ggoing and will look forward to playing in September.

Have a great night
    Lisa

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone, I think I will sit this month out too:( I got sucked into the limitless plant swap that Fran is hosting. Boy oh boy is there alot of plants over there. I will see you ladies in the swap next month though.

I will be checking in here to see what you guys are getting into. Last month was pretty exciting. Don't want to miss all the action. Have Fun!!!

Sassy, No problem and thank you for the update.

Denise

• katsgarden864
    14 years ago

Hello ladies!

Tracy - no worries dear about me injuring myself, i've got a wonderful man around the house that will be more than happy to take care of the digging and what not. He's been doing an awesome job caring for the garden. He loves it just as much as i do!

Anyways, i'll take a trip over to a prev. post and check out the kinds of things you all posted as your box contents and i'll get a list togeather to post sometime sat or sunday and you lovely ladies could tell me if its a good box or not! =)

Talk to you soon!
    -kat

Fran - maybe it will just be you and me playing.. kind of seeems like everyone is sitting this one out!

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Gosh should we postpone the swap until Sept? It's alot more fun if more participate.

Sassy & Fran-I love the new rules for the game...count me in if you decide to do it this month or next. I'm in.

Shirley

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Shirley dear, it is looking like there will be no August Swap, not enough have joined as of now BUT I will leave that up to Miss Sassy as to whether or not we will play or cancel.
    Thanks on the rules, I was thinking about it before and which is why I told Sassy I would be glad to help her out this month and then I told her what I was thinking and she agreed that she had been thinking about it too and thus this RAINBOW swap was born LOL.

Kat, I forgot you welcome you proper MY BAD....WELCOME TO PETAL PUSHER KAT!!!! YOU WILL enjoy this swap group bunches and bunches some months we tend to gab more then others some DAYS you can't keep up with the thread we tend to get very carried away!
    Nice to meet you btw hope you enjoy this group as much as I have this past year, HEY do ya'll realize I have been here a year this month!!! lol.

• galium
    14 years ago

Sassy & Fran-I'm going to have to pass again this month. The rain has decimated my gardens everything looks water logged and the slugs are out in full force. To top it off we had a hail storm. The stones were the size of popcorn. I now have ragged holes in many of my plants. I have so many plants in containers waiting to go in the ground but the soil is almost impossible to work with. Now these plants are rotting in the pots. There hasn't been enough sun to dry them out. What a mess! I am hostessing next month and should have enough plants for that swap.

Sassy-Just wanted to say I'm glad you're back and that I missed you.
    Have a great day
    Mariann

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Hi ladies,
    I was looking forward to another white elephant swap so I will keep an eye out for a posting for September.
    An electrical storm destroyed both of my computers on Monday and I have cobbled this one together with the equivalent of duct tape and baling wire, so I have not been able to check the posts or email until today.
    I'd better not sign up for anything that requires consistent monitoring right now. I have ordered new motherboards and power supplies and who knows what else I will get into when I start rebuilding so I may be down a few more days before I can check in consistently.
    Take care everyone!

• margaret_2007
    14 years ago

Hi, Ladies-I was planning on joining this swap but September will work so much better for me. I have been lurking some but not quite ready to post yet. I did want you all to know I think of each of you & pray for those requesting it. Blessings, Margaret

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!

It is kind of a subdued day today around here. Yesterday around supper time, I heard a bunch of yelling (female)going on outside, and with in seconds, my DH's pager went off for an ambulance call, and it turned out to be a neighbor kitty corner to me. Her 4yr was playing outside in their fenced in yard, and from I understand, had binoculars hanging from his neck, and was playing on the swing set when the cord got tangled up and he couldn't breath. It just broke my heart listening to that poor mother. I don't know if his brother was out there or not. He must be around 6. A heartbreaking reminder how something so seemingly harmless can be anything but.

I probably will not be online too much this week end. I think I will be pretty busy in the veg. garden, and canning with hubby. I hope everyone is doing fine, and has a great week end! Margaret, so nice to see you post! :)

Karen

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

OMG Karen, is the little boy ok? I couldn't imagine going through something that tramatic with your child.
    My son getting stung all those times from those bees was scary enough for me. All the way to the hospital he kept asking me Mommy am I gonna die?
    It broke my heart and scared the hello out of me all at the same time, I wouldn't lie to him and tell him it was ok. I told him we were getting to the hospital and not for him to worry about it just to relax and concentrate on breathing.
    He had been stung over 250 times more then 50 stings in his head and they stopped counting at 250, they said that after counting 250 stings there was no point in counting anymore because of the serverity of that many in the first place.
    So going through that was scary enough, I couldn't imagine going through more then that. How is the mom? Do you talk to them? Was the boy ok?

So, what are we gonna do this month Miss Sassy?

Alana, I hope you get your computer fixed soon. I know what it is like not to have one.

Hello Margaret, good to see you post each time you do!

HOWDY everyone else, hope you are doing fine!!!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Karen, that is terrible, I'm praying for them. I took all the strings out of our kids hoodies so they wouldn't get caught on anything after a little girl was killed by a school bus from getting caught in the doors when she got off. The bus started moving and took her with it. It was so tragic. My heart goes out to them.

Alana, OUCH! Both computers got fried? I'd freak out. Just the thought of repairing them. Eeeek!

Kat, I'm glad to hear that your hubby is willing to dig the plants for you. That is so sweet! He must be a wonderful man.

Sassy, didn't we used to leave sign ups open until around the 5th or 6th of the month? What if we do that here and if there isn't enough people to trade, switch it to a conversation thread like you mentioned or assign partners for the ones that want to swap? Just a thought. (wink!)

Tracy

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I will check back in case this swap continues to take sign ups until later as Tracy suggests. I should be up and running fully by the middle of next week provided my hardware arrives on Monday.

Tracy ligtning struck my utility pole not once but twice over the course of several hours. The first time got the computers. The second time I lost a couple of telephones and one television. I have never experienced anything like that before, even in worse storms.
    I also lost a tree which landed on one of my chicken enclosures. No deaths, but a lot of clean up and repair there too.
    Alana

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Alana, I am blown away at that storm. How crazy that lightning stuck the same pole twice. Good Grief! I'd cry with all the repairs you have on your hands. Yes, I would definetly be pretty upset. You sound so calm. I am so happy your chickens are ok and the house and you are in good shape. Thank God. How are the gardens?

We had a bad storm blow through here a few years ago and it uprooted one of my apple trees. There are two in the back framing the entrance to the woods. I was pretty sad that the one was down. My hubby and his dad righted it by winching it back in place and securing it to a very large pine with a heavy duty tension wire. The following spring, it flowered, fruited and has been happy ever since. It was one of the neatest things he ever did for me.

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Sassy, Thank you!!! I got my irises today. I love um.

Denise

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

I was thinking on the signups that with the game and how long it can take to play that the signups would need to close pretty close to the month, but like I said before, it is up to Sassy on how the techincalities are ran. I am just here for support LOL.

I am not sure if she read what I had typed for her to post and if she didn't I meant to tell her too and to check the dates to see if this was good for the game time frame to run in. ANYWHO, if she wants to change it she can.

Alana wow, I hope you get everything situated soon. I would be very upset if I lost as much as you. GOOD luck on the clean up and details. Can you turn that in on homeowners insurance? hmm, I don't know...I'd check and see, I doubt it though with it being an act of nature they tend to not want to cover those.
    Good luck again I hope all goes well for you, let us know when you are back up an running completely, I feel for anyone who has computer whoas!

Ok, Sassy, there are some things for you to answer up there so when you get a chance I hope you let us know soon....

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

I figured out what your DC# number is Vic!

0308 2690 0000 9786 8040

Label/Receipt Number: 0308 2690 0000 9786 8040
    Class: Priority Mail®
    Service(s): Delivery Confirmation

Your item was accepted at 4:26 PM on July 31, 2009 in EARL, NC 28038. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

SOOOO it is on the way LOL. I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this I hope ya'll don't mind!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Fran, that can't be right hun, unless Vic moved to NC and no one told me:(

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You didn't know I was running for President did you Fran?
    lol I got it, right after I hit that stupid button! Duh!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Back shortly.

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

First let me say welcome Kat! We're usually more chatty than lately. I know you will love this group, we're crazy but we help each other through!

Fran I'll make sure you have some more Kenzie pics soon. I've fallen behind with my picture taking, gotta get back to that, she changes every day.

Carmen, you keep yellin' hun! Yell loud enough....and they will come! lol

Karen I sure hope things get better soon sweetie! Thinking of you:))

LOL Tracy, yes I have the most beautifulest gem I've ever seen always hanging around my neck or fallen in my lap...its the best! But she can sure wear a MeMa out good!

Lisa I hope you're neck is feeling better, you did alot of that for no reason and I hate that for you. It won't happen again! I'll see to that.

Shirley, I'm glad you were happy with my choices for the July swap, I really was tortured going through your list and making sure I was sending something you didn't have. Its all worth it if you were happy:)) Oh, btw, I did get my daylily, not sure if I ever posted it. Thanks so much for hosting the game, can't believe I won something, lol.

Mariann, I've missed you too hun! I'm so embarrassed I haven't have a chance to email you, but I promise you I will soon. I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a bad gardening year, but don't you worry about that hun, we'll all see you through it, we'll just wait until your weather changes. Anything I have 2 of, you'll be the 1st to get 1!!!!! I think we'll all be looking forward to your Sept. swap. I'll be addressing this month in a few......

Alana, you poor girl! I'm so sorry that happened to your computers, wow, 2 at a time! Yikes! We do understand and glad you've pieced things together enough to speak. Hope to see you back soon hun.

Hi Margaret, glad to see you, please keep checking in with us! Love to hear from you.

Karen, I sure hope that child is okay, please let us know when you can! They will be in my thoughts:)

Denise, I'm glad you liked them. Hated to swap out your daylily but felt like I needed to, afterall it wasn't what I felt was wrong, but I'll keep you on my list to send that one to at another time. Enjoy your iris!

Ok my thoughts on the August swap, I will not be playing either, its just too hot here and I'm not stressing plants here anymore right now, sending or receiving. I certainly didn't mind hosting but I'd rather wait on digging and planting. With that said, if Carmen, Kat, Shirley and Alana want to set up trades among themselves, fine. Otherwise, I'm going to set up an "August Chat Thread".
    The way Fran has the swap details lined up we'd have to get right to it, to be finished before September. (Don't get me wrong Fran, I love the set up, I just say we do it later, I'm not familar with whos doing what each month and I don't want to take someones month) Could someone email me that please?

Anyway, you girls let me know, tommorrows the 1st. I don't fault any of you for not participating, August is really a bad month on plants unfortunately.

I'll be working until 6 so I'll check in then.

Sassy

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Sassy, that postal message is saying MY post office took it to be delivered. It was accepted at my post office at that time today and I know that because I always rush to get there before the mail pickup truck arrives but he always seems to be there no matter HOW early I get there, he isn't schedule to arrive until 4:30 BUT he told me he got there today at 4:15 and I got there at 4:20 LOL.
    I told him I always try to be there by 4:20 because the lady who used to run it told he he wasn't schedule to get there until 4:30 but to always be sure to be there by 4:25 just to make sure and since then I have always tried to beat him there when I use that PO and have to ship something but somehow that old man manages to get that truck in the wind and move! LOL...
    So yes, Vic's box is now on it's way to MT!...

I really wish I could play this month but I have so many issues we need to take care of before I can start really swapping again, the SO fussed at me because I joined last month after he told me NOT to join BUT the boxes were too inticing NOT to join so I managed to have enough postage here to play!!! lol.

OK then, I will be looking for the August Chat thread for us. I am really sorry this one didn't fly maybe we can do it next Spring I am still willing to help cohost one!!

Sassy I started a thread somewhere here with the schedule for the rest of THIS year, I ahve Dec I know. I will go find it and bring it back up to the top is that ok?

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You girls talk it out today and we'll work it out however you like. I'm up for whatever all of you want. I'll check in tonight.

Have a good day
    Sassy

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Good morning everyone,

Sassy I am an old yeller from way back when.LOL

I am sorry that some of you are having so much junk going on. Rather then address everyone I'll just say that I praying for all of you.

I was going to post a box today but I guess not, it's just as well since I having my own isues with weather and all.

This whole problem thing must be going around. My HD just rented a bigger office this past Tuesday, while he was carrying boxes(moving in) in to his new office,someone took his safe(very heavy) his GPS and the worst of all was his briefcase with 3 company checkbooks with 3 signed checks from his van.
    Needless to say they wiped out the company accts. and even made then to be overdrawn. The bank is refusing to pay because some checks were signed even tho some were not. Crazy isn't it? I guess no body gets payed this month until it's resolved.
    Does anybody know a good attorney so we can give him some money that we don't have, to get back money that we did't have because we owed all to begin with. WHEWWWWWW here I go yelling again.

Another day in paradise.

Hope you all are having an awesome week end.

I going out to drown my sorrows in the dirt.
    Carmen

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

A safe? That was a determined thief! That's terrible.

I would be better, really, waiting until September too. I am behind on my reports and really need to focus on that.
    Later,
    Alana

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Carmen, that is just terrible. I feel awful for you and your hubby. People do terrible things. I wish I knew a lawyer that could help you get this straightened out with the bank. I will say some prayers and hope that this gets settled quickly.

Alana, it seems that August has it in for trading. One by one, everyone is getting taken down. How are the repairs going at your house?

Hugs,
    Tracy

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Kat,
    Welcome to our group! : )
    I'm not sure about what Carmen said tho about no rough spots. Ummm, Carmen, do you remember when Tracy blew up Alana's gardens???? Or should I not mention things like that to our newcommer??? LOL

Carmen, that is just horrible about the theft! I hope you find some sort of help. Do you have any insurance that will cover it?

Alana, that is a lot of damage for one storm! You poor thing, how is the cleanup and repair doing? Did you have surge protectors? I am leary of the ones I have, we lost several computer monitors at work from a surge and they were on protectors!

Next month would be a better swap month for me too, and since I am going back to MI this month I might just dig up some plants and bring them with me! I am about ready to evict the tenants, they are almost 3 months behind on rent! I will need a 2nd job just to pay the mortgage! GRRRR

I sometimes think it would be easier if lightning would strike my house and blow it up! (and not hurt any plants of course!)

Tracy, could you pile your kids in the car and go over there for me please? I am sure after that long of ride they would be in fine shape! LOL

Margaret, nice to hear from you! I hope you can play next month! I've been praying for you dear! ((Hugs))

Hello to everyone else!!! I've gotta get outside before it gets to hot it's been in the high 90's here, sigh.

Vic

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

EWWWW, maybe it is the Rainbow Elephant doing it Tracy! OMG, this is terrible. Everyone is having so many MAJOR problems is it just awful.

Carmen hon, I am so sorry. This is just horrible. I can't believe he lost so much and nothing is being done about it. WOW, don't men know better? NEVER EVER EVER SIGN A CHECK UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO USE IT! I know now is NOT the time to yell at him for that, but I bet you so wanted too. I am sorry, I just don't know what to say about this other then I am sorry and I sure HOPE this gets fixed soon hon!

I hope everyone gets their troubles worked out soon and all is in order for September. I am good with gabbing this month since we are good gabbers too hehe.

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Uhm, Vic, I don't think you should remind Alana that I blew up her gardens right after the storm blew up her tv's and computers, not to mention the chicken coupe. She's going to think it may not not have been the electricity and start suspecting ME! So HUSH!

You want me to go up there? How far is it from me. Tell you what, since you're going home soon, I'll meet you there and we'll both show up with all our kids and tell them they will have to babysit all of them for the duration of our stay if they don't pay UP!

Fran, I hope so too, trouble usually comes in batches and then leaves a little slower than it shows up but eventually things get back to normal. Hope it moves on quickly this time.

Tracy

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Sounds good! And I'll bring my 2 nieces and my nephew, if those 3 don't scare them nothing will! LOL

Ya, I guess I shouldn't rub salt in Alana's wounds, I was just trying to warn Kat about whose box she steals! hehe

• katsgarden864
    14 years ago

Hello Everyone!

Goodness, Blowing up someone's garden? That sounds terrible!

So sorry to hear about everyone's troubles this month! Someone should post about some good news! I hope the new week brings good news for everyone!

I do think that sassy is right and it is a bit to hot out to do this trade, plus there isn't alot of people! But that's okay.. by the time september rolls around I will hopefully be healed enough that I can go out there and dig up my plants my self!
    Most of my plants I would typically divide are in the middle of full bloom too, would hate hate hate to interupt them! Lord knows I need to divide my canna's and iris's.. they are quite overgrown.. plus this gives me more time to get some well rooted cuttings togeather.

I'm going on tuesday to have the staples removed from my shoulder! I'm pretty excited. They itch quite bad! Physical therapy is rough.. that place is more like a torcher chamber than a therapy room! Guess i'll have to get used to it. I've only got.. 4 months of it to go!

Well, i'm off to find some poor soul to take me to walmart. I have to find some kinda of garden insect sprey to spray on my Brug's.. some *awesome* bug decided to make a meal of them!

Have a great evening and i'll talk to you all soon!

-kat

PS. Thank you for all the warm welcomes!! It feels awesome to find a group like this!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Hi all, I just got home (it's almost 3am!). We took the kids to the drive-in theater to see G-Force and Harry Potter. Both movies were pretty good and the kids had a blast. We went with another friend of ours and their kids. They were all piled in the van and snuggled up with blankets and pillows. Reminded me of a bunch of hamsters. Anyway, that is my good news for the night. We had some fun, ate tons of junk food and stayed up super late. What can be better than that? LOL!

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Kat, I can't believe you needed a new shoulder already at your age! But, you do seem to be taking it very well : )
    Good luck with the bug spray!
    Oh, as far as getting your garden blown up, well, just be nice to Tracy if ya know what I mean! : )

I am still trying to find a cat! How can it be that when you want one there are none around? The rabbits are back and I've been having to spray everything again, that stuff is nasty smelling! At least you can't smell it after it is dry. I forgot to spray my potatoes and the damn rabbits ate them! GRRRR

I can't sleep tonight, I keep thinking about all these heuchera I ordered and I don't have a big enough shade bed! LOL! Jamie said he would build me a little decorative fence tomorrow, I didn't tell him it was to shade a bunch of plants because he would tell me I was nuts for ordering them when we live in a field! hehe Oh well, I like them, what can I say.

• katsgarden864
    14 years ago

Hello!

Tracy- I love movie nights! I hoped you enjoyed the movies! I have yet to see the two you went to see.. Last time I was at the movies I saw The Collector and Public Enemies. Both were amazing!

Vic- Have you tried the humain society in your area for a cat? If that doesn't work.. try behind a local resturant.. there is always a cat or two there that need a home. =) Man I wish I had a field I could put my garden in! Super jealous! I'm in a tiny home with a tiny yard! Not to mention I have to leave some room for my great danes to play in! Finding space isn't always easy but I've been quite creative in building my jungle (as my hubby calls it) each year. Last year I ran out of space in the shade garden so I took this old oak tree that's back there and built little shelves and nailed them on the tree going around in a circle up the tree (Kinda like a staircase) and had containers full of Heuchera's and Ferns going up the tree. My hubby thought I was crazy but when it all the plants filled in, it ended up looking pretty cool.. I'll have to dig around and find a a picture to post for you! Looking back on it, it was pretty crazy, but you still find me on my little step stool trying to reach up there to water them!

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

-kat

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Aw, Vic, you were up last night?! I just came on to read a bit before going to bed to unwind a little. I thought there is no way anyone is on here right now. lol.

Don't you have ranchers around you? Could you stop by one of the ranches to see if they would let you know if one of their barn cats had a new litter?

Did you know that I have heuchera in my rock garden? They are really happy in there. They get full sun until mid afternoon and it's hot as blazes in there. As long as I water them often they stay looking really happy.

Kat, I am so excited that you are getting your staples out Tuesday. I bet you will be glad to see them go. I've never had them, only stitches and those were bad enough. Physical therapy must be a monster. I went through it when I was having some bad tendon problems in my shoulder, unfortunately, that was the only time PT didn't help the situation, it kept getting worse. I ended up getting cortizone shots and it finally calmed down enough to be manageable.

The movies were good. I missed some of it with all the potty breaks for the kids and passing out snacks but all in all they were worth seeing. I wanted to see Public Enemies, never got to the theater though. I think Alana saw that though and liked it quite a bit. I can't remember the Collector. (wracking my brain) Who's in that one?

I love Great Dane's. They are so amazingly huge. I wanted one when I was a little kid so bad, one of those or an English Sheep Dog. We grew up with a Border Collie. If we were to have a dog now that is what I would like. Cookie was a wonderful dog to have with children, she tattled on us to my mom if we were getting into mischief. It was pretty aggravating at the time but now that I'm a mom, I wouldn't mind having a tattle tale for a pet.

I would love to see some pics you have of the stepping heuchera around your tree. I think that would look very pretty!

• raggedyann161420
    14 years ago

HELLOOOOOOOOOO!

I've been missing in action and I'm really sorry about it. I've been busy, busy, but now can communicate with everyone while I am on the road cause I'm going to invested in a Blackberry. Right now I have a loaner for a couple of weeks to see how I like it. It is an older model, and does not take pictures but I love the idea that I can access the internet while not at home.

I've been working both my jobs, went to Greenbay/Wrightown, Wisconsin to pick up Shelby and Deanna's two Boston Terriers on the 24th of July. I can't say I enjoyed getting out of the Ohare airport and going through the Port of Milwaukee was no picnic either. Oh lord, I could have never done it without the GPS a friend let me borrow. So, while Shelby and DeAnna are celebrating the 7th year that Shelby is in remission on the beaches of Antigua. I get the pleasure of watching the two little devils.

I love them, but garden dogs they are NOT. The weather has been great and we've been able to shut off the central air and enjoy opening the windows. But, the little devils whine, cry, bark, and run from window to window and I can hear them even when I'm way out back. Needless to say this drives me nuts, and don't get me started with how bad they terrorize my cats. Will I be glad to take them back? OH LORD YES!

The idea of skipping August sounds good to me. This will give me time to get caught up on more boxes. Speaking of boxes Alana and Sassy what kind of fragrance DO YOU NOT LIKE. I only have one of the Pillow talk and would hate to send something you guys didn't want or use.

Kat, Welcome, and glad to hear you are doing well with your shoulder surgery. I would love to see pics of your Great Danes, they are wonderful dogs!

Vic, I wish I could help you out with a cat, but........I'm sorry,as much as love ya. Would I drive cross country to bring you on? NO,NO,NO! You say Why? (see above for my trip through Chicago and Milwaukee. Crazy drivers, the speed limit says 65 and these people are going 90. Trust me, if you don't keep up with the flow they will run you over. I just about had a semi up my you know what. I believe I used several new cuss words.

Tracy did I see you say you blew up Alana's garden. Now what could Alana possibly do to have you do that? Or should I ask?

Sassy, I tell you what, I will trade you Kensie for two little angels for a week.

HeLLO to everyone else. I miss you all!

This is my only day off and I am leaving for Chicago Friday then Shelby will drive from the airport to his house. I will be coming back on the 9th. Work three days then I'll be off except for doing my part time job a few hours each day for a week.

I need some coffee!!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Annie Tracy blew up my garden last month. I am so over it. (That's what I want her to think.) Don't worry about a fragrance I won't like...I don't know of any.
    Vic, I do use surge protectors and I think they helped. My computers were fried by current feeding into my external cable modems. I think that is also what got the television.
    Tracy, I am so jealous of your trip to the drive in. Ours closed last year after struggling to stay open and there is no movie experience quite like it.
    Kat, I hope your shoulder heals in time for fall planting.
    Everyone else, have a peaceful Sunday evening.
    Take care all,
    Alana

• katsgarden864
    14 years ago

hey!

Here's a few pics of my great danes - The little blue one turned four months last thursday and weighs in at 70lbs. The big merle is 5 and weighs in at 215lbs. Both my boys are quite the characters!

I'm still looking around for the pictures of the stepping heuchera.. Have no idea where I could have put it!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

HI ANNIE! Your trip driving the pooches home sounds pretty ruff. (giggle) That truck must have gotten pretty far up your you-know-what, because I can't imagine you saying swear words at anyone!

I'm glad you made it home all safe and sound with the dogs. I feel bad for you with all the yipping going on while you're out in the yard. That would drive me nuts. I scold my youngest son for screaming out the kitchen windows at me when I'm in the back flower bed, don't know what I would do if I had dogs doing that too. LOL!

Oh, and I blew up Alana's garden 'cause she incinerated my tank. I was using it to keep Pat from swiping my plants. Evil girls.

Alana, I heard that. This drive-in is the last one left in northern Ohio, maybe in the state. They still have old 7-Up signs hanging around the concession stand and they ran old 1960's intermission reel advertising refreshments. It was so neat. Now they use your car radio to tune into the movie's sound so you don't have the old speaker to hang on your window.

Kat, your dogs are very handsome. Taking the young pups picture with the big guy certainly helps him look like a puppy. I told hubby the sizes of your boys and his eyes popped wide. The older one weighs close to what he weighs, it really surprised him. LOL!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Fran, I did see the post for the rest of the year and made a copy of it, thanks dear. When I finish posting here, I'll set us up an August Chat Thread.

Carmen, big hugs hun, I'm so sickened by this I don't even know what to say, I'm picking my jaw off the floor. Wow, thats just terrible. I'm so sad for you and DH. I'm trying so hard to think of advise that could help, but just coming up with a blank but please know I'm thinking of you hun. I agree with Alana, they were determined and if you think about it, prepared.....brings questions to mind.

Vic ! Stop scareing Kat! lol Just kidding Kat, its all in fun! Vic, seriously, wow 3 months? Girl, I feel for you and hope you can get it straightened out soon hun. I don't regret selling our apartments. Just a hassle.

Kat, congrat's on getting those staples out, been there...done that! They do itch like h@ll when ready to come out don't they?

Tracy, wow a drive-in movie? Girl we haven't had one around here in so many years but I sure used to love going to them. I miss them. I despise to go to theatre's. Just me.

Vic, we could discuss a possible trade (for later) with the heuchuras and maybe some daylilies, if you have extras.
    I remember Tracy saying she planted some in a rock garden, I thought they had to have all shade. I don't have alot of shade. I think the girls gave you some good tips on getting a cat, try it out!

Our long lost Annie does appear! lol Welcome back our beloved one! We bow and then JUMP for joy! Good to see you back girlfriend! And listen to me!!!! We NEED you to be able to access the internet while you're working, cause you work all the time! JK, but we miss you too much when you're gone. As far as the fragrance question, anything is fine as long as not strong, don't worry on my account. LOL, yeah, I know you want my Kenzie! No can do, sorry!!! lol

Kat, beautiful pics! I just love ALL animals and they just speak to you in their own way when you see it! I love it! Thanks for sharing them with us:) Oooooh yes, I want to see the heuchera's around the tree pic too!!!

Tracy, are you kidding? This woman cusses like a Sailor!!!
    lol (I'm just kidding! Right Annie? *wink*) I went to Chicago, (Hoffman Estates) a few years back and it took us 4 1/2 hours to get out of the city? 4 to 6 lanes of traffic both ways, and we're just sitting there. Whew......don't want to do that again:(

Ok, I'm going to start a chat thread for August. I would like to lets drop this one soon. Any of you checking in, I plan for us to play games! So you better check in and often!

Sassy