Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

new: garden decorating rr-august 'for the birds' swap!

Debra Andruska
16 years ago

August- "For The Birds" Swap Hostess~ Deb

Anything that pertains to birds! Plants (that attract birds) bird houses, outdoor decorations (bird), bird bells, suet cakes, bird figurines (for outdoor/indoor). Anything bird related! Even garden items (with birds on them) can be included! Be creative, and let's have fun!

September- "Fall" plant swap~ Hostess- Jules

October- Bulb/tuber swap~ Hostess-Jackie

November- Hostess-Susan

December- Christmas Swap/"Secret Santa"- Hostess-Deb

Comments (91)

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Paula's box went out today, USPS #0307 0020 0004 7458 0163.

Deb

• klickitat
    16 years ago

OMG. How embarrassing! I signed up and forgot about this swap! I'll get my box together and ship it out sometime next week. Must have had a brain collapse...

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Uh Oh Klick,I am a little worried now.The confirmation # says your box was delivered yesterday morning?I hope your postman never left it sit somewhere so you didn't see it.I'm afraid it won't last long that way.Hope everything is alright.
    Nancy

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Good morning, Rockyridge/Roxanne!

I'm such a scatterbrain! I've got your box ready to go, and darned if I cannot find your address anywhere. Sheesh, I can only blame parenthood-induced ADD so often before I realize that my kids aren't (totally) at fault, LOL. Please, please send me your address again! I apologize - my act has NOT been together this week. Still, I had so much fun with your first craft that I stayed on a roll and did another for your box, so you'll benefit a little in the end.

Have a great weekend!

Laurel

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Laurel,

You're talking to the original scatterbrain here!!! LOL
    So much so that when I found a daylily named 'Scatterbrain' I just had to have it. My kids are grown so I'm afraid I only have myself to blame!

WooHoo!!! Two craft items! I can tell already I'm gonna love your box. I e-mailed my addy to you.

Can't wait!

Roxanne

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Melinda,

It just occured to me......

PEA brain....OH yes...I've got a pea brain..... :)

The homemade item I sent you is probably going to be reallllll melty. Never thought about that before I sent it. I don't know how hot it is where you are; it was 105 here yesterday but we had a 'cool' front come through last night and it's only supposed to reach 95 today.

The surprise item is wrapped in wax paper and in a plastic bag so it won't mess anything else up; but you might want to let it sit a day or toss it in the fridge before you unwrap it. Hope I haven't given too much away......wanted it to be a surprise after all. LOL

Roxanne

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Hello All! And Roxanne I got your box yesterday morning! I haven't felt very well so will post quickly what I got! I loved it all!! And the homemade thing did just fine! Already put in freezer!
    Got these:
    Verbena Summer Blaze
    Red Autumn Sage
    Trumpet Creeper
    These all traveled well and look great!! LOve them!
    Red Cardinal that makes real life bird call sounds! Too cute!
    2 12 inch extender hooks and a 16 inch one! Very nice! The 16 inch one has a glass insert with bird embossed in glass!
    Seeds and loved the way you put pics with them! And the seeds!
    Hummingbird feeder and soda bottle feeder top (really neat!)
    hummingbird statue for side of pot
    issue of Birds and Blooms magazine
    4 large homemade bird feeders-made out of large bagels with peanut butter and bird seeds all over! Very cool!
    Hummingbird Haven garden flag!
    I loved the box and was such fun opening! Thanks a million! Melinda

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Melinda,

I'm glad you liked everything! It was great fun putting it all together. Boy! those edible bird feeders(whole wheat bagels) smelled so good when I was smearing on the peanut butter I had to snitch one and toast it. Mmmmmmmmmm!!!

I hope you are feeling better soon. Is it from this awful heat?

Rox

• paya10shn
    16 years ago

Deb........ OH !! Oh !!! I just checked my tracking number and it states that package has been delivered...... I can't wait to get home and open it !!!! Soooooo Excited !!!! WOOOO HOOO !!!

• paya10shn
    16 years ago

Deb... Oh .... It was like christmas opening my box!! My DD was just as excited and helped me.. The 2 birdhouse's are just the cutest ever. I alrealy place the smaller of the two on one of my arbor's. Just perfect there!! I am always looking for note paper and can never find any so thanks for note cards. My birds are going to enjoy the suet this winter they are going to need the high energy to make it thru our South Dakota winter! There are so many seeds.... Lot's that I have never heard of befor so as soon as I am done here I am going to start looking them up on the www to see what surprise's are awaiting me!!! I cant wait to plant the glads, need to check but I think here I need to plant these in the spring and pull them up in the winter. Ohhh and a candle too !! Gardenia .. WOW... Just lovely !! Thank you ... I love it all..

Hugs
    Paula

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Hope everyone had a great Monday.Still HOT here in Georgia. Big suprise right?LOL!Anyway.... Sue your box is on its way.Confirmation #0306 0320 0004 5120 0129 .I'm off to fill up hummer feeders AGAIN!!Later ya'll.....

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Hi Roxanne!

Your box is on its way, DC# 0304 3490 0003 1078 9131. It's really packed tight; things might pop out at you when you open it, but NOTHING is going to move around in that box in transit, lol.

Laurel

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

My box is on it's waaayaaa! My box is on it's waaayaaa!

Can't wait. Thanks Laurel!!!! I'll let you know when It gets here.

Rox

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Laurel,

Got your box mailed today, Cof. # is 036 2400 0002 7677 3043 USPS. I hope you enjoy it sweetie as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

Smiles,
    Pixie (Trina)

• klickitat
    16 years ago

cedarnest... I'm so sorry for not posting sooner. Your box arrived on Friday, but darling hubby forgot to mention that to me! I work weekends, and although the box has been opened, the contents haven't been sorted through. Your post has me wondering if I should dig around a little. It's so hot here that no plant has a chance to survive. :( THANK YOU for your swap... I'll post tomorrow all that's inside!!!

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Klick,the # says it was delivered 2 days after I sent it already on Thursday not Friday so now I am indeed freaking out..lol : ( I added a couple plants birds love from your wants list.Thats why I was concerned about it.I hope they are still alright but doubtful now.Oh well,If they aren't I can send you replacements when it cools a bit.Thanks for letting me know it arrived.
    Nancy

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Trina, I'm SURE I'll like it, and I'm looking forward to getting it later this week. Something special to look forward to! Thanks!

Laurel

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

I . G.O.T . M.Y . B.O.X !.!.!

Wow! Wow! Wow! and a resounding WOW!!!

I am thrilled with everything in it.

Laurel sent me the GREATEST box!

Where to begin? Where to begin?

Ok here goes:

Birdola Black Gold Finch Bar

2 bags of gourmet coffee:
    Hawaiian Kona Blend
    Cafe' Mocha Tiramisu

Home-made bird feeder in the shape of a star....too cute! how did you do that?

A cute little burlap pull string bag with terra cotta beads; filled with adorable little miniature hanging bird houses. I love them.

Several fans of Siberian Iris 'Windwood Spring'

Several fans of Daylily 'Evening Harmony'

An absolutely Gorgeous hand made bird house. Absolutely incredible!
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!

I also got a cute little card and a wonderful letter.

The box was actually bursting at the seams it was so full.

Thank you soooo much Laurel

Roxanne

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Roxanne, you are so welcome! I'm glad you like the crafts, I had fun doing them. The little birdseed/PB star is on a grapevine ornament frame I got in a bag of craft stuff - it was an experiment, and I'm sorry if it's a little gooey - natural PB isn't as adhesive as Jiff, lol.

I'm glad the box made it through the mail - the post office clerk wasn't sure it would pass muster at the main sorting facility because it was bulging at the seams, so I sent it on a wing and a prayer.

Have a wonderful end of summer, and I hope we'll cross paths again in another swap.

Laurel

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Hi Trina!

Your box arrived today, and my daughter and I had great fun unpacking it in the front yard in the shade. Thank you for the fun, thoughtful things you put in the box! For everyone's benefit, here are the goodies:

- Trina's "mystery lilies" (which appear to be amaryllis bulbs - I'll grow them indoors, I love amaryllis)
    - Elephant Ears bulb (thanks, I've been wanting to try these)
    - A mystery plant (neither of us know what it is! - I'll plant it indoors and see what I get, since coming from TX it might not like my chilly Upstate NY winters)
    - A hummingbird tabletop windchime (my daughter LOVES it)
    - A cute shovel-with-perching-birds wall decoration (broken in transit, but easily fixable - the box arrived looking a bit battered)
    - Garden gloves and some useful tools (trowel and weeder - I'm ALWAYS misplacing stuff like that, so spares are welcome)
    - A garden pocket calendar
    - A hummingbird feeder!! Hooray!! I've been wanting one of those.
    - Seed envelopes
    - Wire suet feeder and two suet blocks - my downy woodpeckers will be delighted
    - Pink Grapefruit-scented body lotion (Mmmmmm! Nice!)
    - Pot stakes topped with birds (my daughter loves those - they'll be decorating containers all over the house)

I sure hope I haven't forgotten anything, Trina. Your box was HEAVY, the mailman drove it down to our house in his truck rather than carrying it on his regular rounds. THANK YOU again for your sweet thoughtfulness.

Laurel

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

OHHH Laurel, I am sooo sorry the shovel was broken, I worried about that one and the way I packed it. I am sooo glad you named one of the mystery lilies lol not even a lily at all. I am soo glad you got your box and are happy with it, I really had fun packing it.

Love ya,
    Trina

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Hi All! Was wondering if anyone had heard from sguanson?Checked confirmation # & it showed her box was delivered on the 16th at 2:40 p.m.,but I haven't seen a post yet.I hope I didn't write the wrong address on box!If I did there will some happy birds somewhere.LOL!

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Here I am !

Friday was super busy at work and I didn't have a minute to stop to post but.....................

I'm up early today to put together and set out all the wonderful presents for my neighborhood birds that April sent me!

This is what "we" got:

Garden themed note holder with a nice note from April
    Garden oven mitt with birdhouses on it.
    a butterfly pot hanger
    a scoop n funnel to fill bird feeders (good idea!)
    plastic plant markers (came with a marker!)
    "dine around" window bird feeder
    sunflower/peanut bird feeder
    a little hummingbird feeder (I have one just like this and the hummingbirds like this kind best of all, haven't been able to find another one - Thanks!)
    Goldfinch thistle stock sock (saw my first goldfinch around here this year - we don't get too many of those!)
    and a Birds and Bloom special edition magazine

Everything was just perfect, April - thanks for a wonderful box!

Sue G.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Glad you enjoyed the box.I had fun picking out stuff to put in it.Thought I might of put wrong address on box.Its gonna happen one day ....I just know it.Some days I swear I have adult ADD! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    April/dirt_under_my_nails

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Updated 'received' list....

Cedarnest- sends to- Klickitat /received
    Klickitat- sends to- Debbya
    Debbya- sends to- paya10sh /received
    Paya10sh- sends to- Dirtundermynails
    Dirtundermynails- sends to- Sguanzon /received
    Sguanzon- sends to- Pixiesluvplants /received
    Pixiesluvplants- sends to- Laurelin /received
    Laurelin- sends to- Rockyridge /received
    Rockyridge- sends to- ilovefarac /received
    ilovefarac- sends to- Lil_green_thumb
    Lil_green_thumb sends to- Cedarnest

• klickitat
    16 years ago

cedarnest... don't worry about the plants! They made it out alive. :) I'm going to jump in later and post all the contents. I know how exciting it is to send a box only to have the recipient not mention it. There have been a number of personal issues going on in my life currently which has kept me from spending any quality time here. I jump in and out to post briefly. That's why I literally forgot that I signed up for this swap. In any case, your box is much appreciated, and will get its time of day. :)

debbya... I'm putting together the last of your items. My goal is to get the box out either by the end of this week or early next week. I'm balancing 60 hour work weeks and Dr.'s appts... it's hard to find time to sleep let alone make it to the post office.

I'm off to another Dr.'s appt. Hopefully, this will end soon.

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Hello all! Just wanted to let Kim know that I hadn't forgotten about her. Plan to get her box out tomorrow or the next day. I will post the dc # when I get! Thanks, Melinda

• paya10shn
    16 years ago

APRIL**** Dirtundermynails -- Sorry have not posted in awhile. Been crazy at work with the Sturgis Rally... Whew.. It's over and I made it!!! Then to top it off have not been feeling well. But--- I did mail out your package on Monday. I thought that I had brought the confirmation # here to work with me, but can't find the darn thing anywhere. So... be on the look out for your package.. And I will post the # tomorrow after remembering to bring it with...

Paula

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Paula,THANK YOU!!!!! Just got in from taking hubby to the doc.& my box was waiting for me on the porch.Inside there was:
    Feeder Filler (very handy)
    Pewter Bird
    Feathered Friend Garden Welcome Rock
    Bird Shaped feeder for Suet or fruit
    Suet Basket& Suet Cake
    Seeds for Lambs Ear,Hosta,Gayfeather,Mexican Hat,& Butterfly Weed
    And the cutest hand painted sign that has a birdhouse & a red bird on it & says
    'April's Place Is For The Birds'(well you see the photo)
    It's my very first sign with my name on it.It's MINE MINE MINE!!!I LOVE IT!!!Thanks again.I'm off to hang up my prizes.Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails
    {{gwi:1291954}}
    {{gwi:1291955}}

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

I also got a thistle feeder. Was so excited about the sign I forgot to enter it. LOL!Thanks again Paula.I love everything and the birds will too.Glad you made it through the rally.Later.....April/dirt_under_my_nails

• paya10shn
    16 years ago

April... Your very welcome !! Guess I don't need to bring in that comfirmation # after all... Glad you liked it.

Paula

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Deb, I plan to send your hostess box out in the morning. You did an awesome job with this swap. Thank you.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

April,
    Thank you so much for the hostess gifts, I really appreciate them! I go through so much stationary, and pens!

April sent the cutest stationary set decorated with bird houses/sunflowers! Plus a package of Pentel pens!

Thanks soooo much!

Deb

• paya10shn
    16 years ago

Ettiquette...??

Ok please someone give me some direction. With this being my first RR I am wanting to make sure I get off on the right foot !! At the end of every exchangs/swap/rr ect. Is it proper ettiquette for each person involved to send the hostess a gift? And is that gift to be of the same nature as the event they are hosting?

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Hi ladies! Cedarnest's moment has arrived! She has been very patiently waiting for me to post the contents of her box which, if you didn't already know, has been in my hands for at least 2 weeks. I don't want to talk about my personal and medical problems here, but, suffice it to say, things have not been great, and have been time-consuming. It is for this very reason I am posting pics of her darling box.

Here are the garden-themed chalkboard, plant stick, and birdhouse
    {{gwi:1291957}}

The little birdhouse was so cute I had to post a close-up of it!
    {{gwi:1291958}}

Last, but not least, cedarnest sent me two plants that birds love. One was a red trumpet vine, the other a coreopsis. They're both in the ground and trimmed down, so no pics of them until the spring. :)

THANK YOU, CEDARNEST! Once again, please accept my apologies for the long delay in posting. Your box was very much appreciated.

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Debbya... your box will go out tomorrow night after work. It's packaged, and ready to fly!

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Haven't heard a word yet from Kimberly.Hope everything is ok with her : (

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Just wanted to let Kimberly know that her box is on it's way! My Dad did get this one mailed today and forgot the other one! Crazy! Anyway the dc# is 0306 3030 0002 2501 4663. I hope you like it! Melinda

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Hi ladies. I've been sick lately... sort of connected to all that's been keeping me disconnected lately. My package will be late. I'm really sorry. :(

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It's time once again for an "Updated list"
    I reallllllyyyy need to close the swap!

Updated 'received' list....
    Cedarnest- sends to- Klickitat /received
    Klickitat- sends to- Debbya
    Debbya- sends to- paya10sh /received
    Paya10sh- sends to- Dirtundermynails /received
    Dirtundermynails- sends to- Sguanzon /received
    Sguanzon- sends to- Pixiesluvplants /received
    Pixiesluvplants- sends to- Laurelin /received
    Laurelin- sends to- Rockyridge /received
    Rockyridge- sends to- ilovefarac /received
    ilovefarac- sends to- Lil_green_thumb (in transit dc# is 0306 3030 0002 2501 4663)
    Lil_green_thumb sends to- Cedarnest

Has anyone heard from Kim lately?
    Nancy didn't receive her box yet.

Kim,
    Please email me! Or post here and let me know when Nancy's box will go out. Thanks!

Klick,
    Thanks for keeping in touch. I hope you feel better soon!
    Don't worry about my box.

Deb

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

Nancy's box is on its way out today.
    my computer crashed and ive had no internet access.
    new hard drive now!!
    woo hoo
    i have been going crazy with it hot and no computer.
    Nancy there will be no plants in ur box. its just too hot and what i do have are fried completely.
    I hope you like what i am sending. Am sending goodies that i would have put with plants.
    will post DC # in a bit

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kim,
    Thanks soooo much for the update!

Giant Hug!
    Deb

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Deb... your box went out today!

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

DC # for Nancy
    0306 3030 0001 6007 0762

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Hello! I hope that Kim got my box and everything was ok! It shows it was delivered yesterday! Thanks, Melinda

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

Melinda - maillady left it with the neighbor ... i got it friday evening from her!
    ty for a great box!
    i loved it
    i got lights (cute on the deck - put them up sat evening) they have like colored parrots on them!)
    a pretty ceramic decorative bird house ( on top of the fridge now)
    2 suet cakes and a feeder
    a hummingbird mini feeder
    a bird feeder thingy that goes on a 2 liter bottle! this is neat will get it up as soon as our pepsi bottle is empty!
    a mini greenhouse kit with 3 diff seeds and a hollyhock seed kit also!
    hope i didnt leave anything out!
    ty for a great box!!!

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Just had to jump in here quick before I get back outside and enjoy the day to thank Kimberly for the wonderful box.It arrived Saturday and I love everything.I will pop back in later to list all the goodies...gotta get back out there..lol...Thanks from the bottom of my heart Kimberly.I truly love everything you sent : )
    Nancy

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Glad you liked it and it made it ok! Really enjoyed this swap! Thanks to everyone who made it a good one! Melinda

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I thought I already posted, where did it go? ;)
    Klick's box arrived on Saturday! Thanks so much for all the neat bird goodies!

Bird seed bell
    Bird thermometer
    Duck sprinkler
    Bird windchime

Deb