Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

new: H-a-l-l-o-w-e-e-n Swap!

Debra Andruska
17 years ago

Love Halloween?

Interested in joining a Halloween Swap? If so, sign up here~

This should be soooooo much fun!

Email me your personal information- Real name/GW ID/address, and please put in the email subject line "Halloween Swap".

I'll take signups for 2 weeks, and on Sept. 15th, will email you your Halloween Swap Pal's name/address. All boxes MUST be mailed out the first week of October.

Please be considerate...this is a themed swap, no one wants to receive Halloween items in November. Send your box on time. Boxes must be sent with delivery confirmation. I don't want any lost boxes.

Start shopping now! Anything that pertains to Halloween can be put in the box! Black/Orange items, ghosts, pumpkins, black cat, Halloween decor items-wreaths, candles, candy, fancy Halloween kitchen towels, etc, you get the idea...

Have fun preparing your boxes! I can't wait to hear what you received!

Deb

Comments (138)

• indyjoy
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Deb, Deb, Deb.........My package arrived! I just love everything. I can't wait to use the light up pumpkin. It will soon be in my window! Deb also sent me a pumpkin lantern candle holder, an orange votive, witchy potholders, a mummy towel. To top it all off was a baby spider plant.
    I hope I didn't forget anything. If I did it doesn't mean that a love it any less. Was a wonderful bright spot in a week that has been heck. I picked up a couple more things for my package today at lunch. I have a problem deciding when to stop. I want to get something sweet to add and I should be sending next week.
    Deb I also want to thank you for hosting this swap. I've hosted them before and it is alot of work.

Happy Gardening,
    Joy

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Hi Rosebud, just wanred to tell you your box is now in the mail.
    Conf #0306 0320 0000 6866 8664
    The next two weeks are looking CRAZY so i wanted it to get mailed now. Hope you find some things in there that make you smile.
    BB

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Ok, Carol I have put the last piece of straw in your witches broom and it will fly on Monday! I'll post you a # then. Hope you enjoy!

Susie, everything is planted and happy! Thanks again dear!

Sassy

• snyder
    17 years ago

I received a very lovely box from veeja11(carol).I got the following. a bag of cob web for decorating with spiders in a pkt of spiders that their legs strech a nice kitchen set hot pad,oven glove and tea towel a real cute goblet which is a shull hand, a dog toy for my puppy,#1 pooch a cinnamon apple wax potpourri witha real pretty red container you burn it in and a daylily. Thank you very much Carol. It is all very nice. My little grandaughter loves the spiders that their legs strech. I let her help me open it. Thank you. Ann

• crazy4stitches
    17 years ago

Number 1 Angel, I'm just finishing up your box. I'll send it out sometime this week. I'll list the conf.# as soon as I mail it.

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Char---your box is almost ready.....it is ready but i have to find a bigger box.......been catching up on posts and i see that a few had the same ideas! or rather i had ideas like someone! so some goodies in your box may be dupes of someone elses!!
    will post dc # when mailed either monday or tuesday.
    ~Kimberly

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It's so exciting to read about what's in the boxes! Everyone still has plenty of time! Any good recipes to share? If so, please post them! I'm always searching for ideas.

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

lil green thumb - dupes or no dupes it's all in the fun as I love the excitement. When your ready I'll be ready. Thanks for the update.

Peace
    Char

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

Kimberly~ Your box went out today. Hope you enjoy it!

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Ok, Carol your witch has flown from SC! I gotta get to work so I'll try to post the Conf. # when I get home tonight. Enjoy!

Diane

• msprettyky
    17 years ago

My package is all ready to go out in tomorrow's mail. I will post my confirmation # tomorrow afternoon! Thanks for letting me join. Hope you enjoy the package Robin!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Ok Ladies,If you are a frightful snacker like I am, this is a Great Recipe for Halloween.Cute Name Too : )

Graveyard Crunch

1/4 cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup
    2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
    1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
    4 cups Cocoa, Fruity or CINNA-CRUNCH PEBBLES Cereal
    1 cup Dry Roasted Peanuts or whatever nuts you like
    2 cups Miniature Marshmallows
    1 cup candy corn
    1 cup plain m&m's candy
    All you do is:
    PREHEAT oven to 300°F. Put syrup, butter and cinnamon in large microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 min.; stir until butter is completely melted. Add cereal and nuts; mix lightly. Spread into lightly greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
    BAKE 30 min., stirring after 15 min. Cool completely. Break into pieces; place in large bowl.
    ADD marshmallows and candies; mix lightly. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature. Only thing to remember is not to overbake it or it might get pretty gruesome!LOL Enjoy : ) Nancy

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Carol....

Confirmation # 1z6408w10252455691, will be there Wednesday!
    Enjoy!

Sassy

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Char - your box went out yesterday afternoon. DC# 0306 1070 0001 9492 9955

~Kimberly

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Nancy,
    Thanks for the recipe, it sounds yummy!

• crazy4stitches
    17 years ago

I can't wait, I can't wait!!! I will love it, I know.

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

I recieved my box from beth _b _kodiak and Beth you REALLY DID make me smile.She sent me a halloween costume,weird and wacky teeth ,LOL.halloween socks,scary spiders and bugs.glow in the dark skeletons,spiced cider ,rice crispy treats,trick or treat pumpkin peeps, chocolates ,stickers,scarecrow figerine,a cute flower pot holloween napkins,lip balm,cuban oregano,(smells great)carex grass, halloween lights,and a neat magazine.I really enjoyed it and thank you for sending such a fun swap...
    Shirley

• veeja11
    17 years ago

WOW!!! I think I just got the biggest box I have ever gotten, a bronze looking large frog queen statue for my garden, a good smelling sachet, a big round ball fall candle 2 stacked pumpkin knick knacks a scary nite lite, godiva cocoa, godiva cookies, jelly pumpkins, pumpkin candy dis with candies, a hanging ceramic pumpkin that died on the way. a large depends covered in haloween stickers, think she meant to send it to earthly, mellen or angel. loved it all hope I didn't miss anything, thankyou Sassy you pack a mighty good box hugs carol

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Carol,
    Did SassyD really send you a depends?! Or are you joking? I know you..you tend to tease a little, hehe..

You girls are too much, LOL!

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Got home yesterday evening after a BOOtiful day and guess what lurked outside the door. My superb package of Ghoulish Goodies from Lil Green Thumb. Thanks bunches for all the halloween items. We're planning to host a monster bash meal for Halloween instead of the normal party we put on so lots of decorating going on. The pumpkin package contained so many goodies it's like a never ending box. Yeah and she packed it for me!! I got some gorgeous plants one ornamental pepper plant (just bursting with small orange peppers all over it) and a mum plant(crimson red color blooms,GORGEOUS!!)I will use both to add a splash of halloween colors to our table of treats. They'll go great with the black roses centerpiece I'm using. Theres a towel and potholder for baking needs and cleanup duties in the kitchen the meal. Tea lights (orange and black) with clear holders, stuffed bat with treats attached, Yummy. A pumpkin dish that will hold appetizers just so. Tulip bulbs to enjoy coming up in the spring (3)daydream (2)happy generation great colors in orange/red combos?. To perfect yard stuffables one huge spider and a large pumpkin Scary, a glow in the dark skeleton, halloween ink pen (I like will come in handy for journaling), Octobers All You Mag bursting with great ideas, A orange bowl with lid with m&ms nestled inside (even they are brown and orange). Lastly and just as important and appreciated was a bag of green froggies (I can never have to many of those you know). I thank you lil green thumb for all the thoughtful things you packed in my box. I hope I didn't leave anything out, as I LOVED IT ALL!!!
    Thanks bunches and more bunches and more bunches. Well I'm off the the pumpkin patch. Hope you all are having a terrific week like I am. Later ladies.
    Peace in the pumpkin patch momentarily,
    Char

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Thanks Snyder for my terrific box of HAlloween goodies.There is a DVD with a double feature of "Monster Movies" that I plan to share with my grandsons. Lots of candy for all of us. A real cute door hangar with pumpkins and bats perfect for my kitchen door.
    A shadowbox frame in lavendar with dahlia inside that will go well in my new bedroom and a soapholder that looks like an old timey claw foot bathtub.
    Halloween spider socks. I love crazy socks so these suit me fine.
    A fancy gold doodad... maybe a lipstick holder. I'm going to use it to hold tiny purple lavendar flowers on the dresser.
    Halloween cookie cutters that I think the boys will enjoy too, a halloween charm bracelet,a scarecrow sign advertising "free weeds"... now how did she know I had weeds??? LOL especially enough to spare and share?
    There is a great puffy patchwork pumpkin just as cute as can be and two bags of tulips. Those will be a delight in the spring if I can keep them from the squirrels.
    Many thanks Snyder This was a fun box and things that I will use and enjoy for a long time.
    The magazines were perfect too and I'm drooling over the Plant Delights catalog. Think I might go down there for one of the special programs next month. I have visited nurseries north of me and think it might be time to see what is farther south.
    Thanks again, BB

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Whew online again!!! my cable company's server has been down since yesterday afternoon! was at ER this AM til about 12. Clumsy me bruised some ribs!anyways........

Char-glad you liked your box! Ü

I got a wonderful box yesterday also!!!
    from Jenell. OMYGosh I loved it all!! DD snatched some things and made off with them! I got...Peeps Ghosts (which she confiscated LOL)... bath & shower gel in a bubble thing like a pumpkin and one of a skull and crossbones (DD also confiscated), a cute 'bone' inkpen, a halloween magnetic notepad which is on the fridge...a cute wooden halloween deco taht is hanging beside my front porch... a purple fingertip towel with a skeleton..a splatted witch deco which DD wanted to climb up and put on the roof-its on the side of the house...a ghost twisty deco-its windy here today and i love to see it spin... a hanging bat deco which is on the front door...cute kitchen potholder/towel set with witchy cats...a black rubber type pot holder...a purple glass candleholder that sits down in another one that looks like a spiderweb with a spider on the side, a witch figurine, pack of stickers, socks that say 'trick or treat smell my feet' LOL love these!...and bunches n bunches of seeds!!! --short n sweet carrot,orange impatiens, chinese lanterns, Bloody Butcher tomato, eyeball plant seeds, orange calendula, taxi yellow tomato, pickling cucumber, grandpa oh morning glory,touch me nots, petunias, malva, echinacea, shasta daisy, columbine, datura, money plant, shell bean, foxglove, liatris and beets. Hope I didn't leave anything off!
    Thanks for such a wonderful box Jenell!!
    ~Kimberly

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Good Lord, a girl leaves for the weekend and everybody stops talkin'! lol Hope ya'll had a good one, I sure did! Hate its over though...

Deb, yes...I sent Carol a depend covered in halloween stickers, lol....funny story! I went to 3 grocery stores, believe it or not, before I could find any, then they only had a huge package of them, I paid almost $15 for that darn pack of things! lol I shipped Carol's package off and Julie walks in and says 'you didn't send the lady her depends after we went everywhere to find them?' I told her, no I didn't send her the whole pack, it was a gag gift, not my intention to make the woman hate me! lol
    I would have been better off sticking those stickers to a diaper, those darn things didn't want to stick to that depend, so hopefully they made it in tack....

Is this swap already over? has everyone received? Deb, congrats on another great swap, looks like we may have completed it before the deadline to ship? lol

Later girls!
    Sassy

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

My box went out this morning. Our van was in the shop getting fixed and I didn't have a chance to get the last few things I wanted to get. It is on it's way now. The conf. # is:03052710000077471488. Hope you like everything I sent Msprettyky. I think maybe I am the last to get my box out. Sorry about the wait. ~Heather

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

I think the deadline is the 7th if I'm not mistaken so you did great.I think there are a few more who haven't sent theirs yet Heather.: ) Nancy

• crazy4stitches
    17 years ago

Number-1-angelyour box just went out. It was ready last week but then I went to a craft show and got one more thing to add to it. I hope you like everything in it. The conf. # is 03061070000048607664. I sent it priority so it should get there in 2 days.

• crazy4stitches
    17 years ago

Msprettyky-your package was great! My daughter took the candy and socks right away. We set all the scary candle holders around and lit the pumkin candle. All the towels were wonderful. I didn't have any halloween hand towels. I was just going to go out and buy a new kitchen set because my bad doggie ate the thumb and corners off my other set. Thanks to you I have a brand new set! Thanks for all the seeds. I'm going to winter sow them in a couple of months. I hope I didn't forget anything. It was so much fun to open and dig through the stuff! This was such a great idea.

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

I mailed Nancy/cedarnest's package today.
    DC # 03061070000292549369 .I hope you enjoy...Shirley

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Deb-disregard my email--didn't go back far enough on this thread-sorry!
    Jeanette

• crazy4stitches
    17 years ago

Msprettyky, I forgot to thank you for the two halloween sounds cds. They are great. We are going to use them at my daughters girl scout halloween party. Thanks so much for everything!

• indyjoy
    17 years ago

Rita Rita Rita........I got your package out at lunch today. It should arive at your house Thursday.
    Tracking Number
    0480 5228 7800 0202 1914
    I hope you enjoy!
    Happy Gardening,
    Joy

• indyjoy
    17 years ago

oops
    0480 5228 7800 0203 1914

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

My Ghoulish Box of Goodies arrived from rosebud 2050/Shirley today!!Oh Shirley thank you so much!There were so many things in the box.I don't know where to begin.I received a Halloween table cover and Napkins,A plan ahead halloween magazine,A skeleton Head that lights up to sit in my window.A light up black bat necklace, halloween candles,a creepy black spider,a bag of candy corn and a bag of candy eyeballs,( I put the eyeballs in a bowl and it feels like I am being watched) Creeped me out! LOL a really cool kitchen towel with a recipe for sugar cookies on it and a maple leaf cookie cutter.Yummy!(can't wait to try these) An orange votive candle and a ceramic jackolantern candle holder.Too Cool!!Then on top of all that she sent me plants too! I received spider plants(How fitting !! I love the cool stripes on these) and a wandering jew(cool striped foliage) and you will have to let me know what the other one is please Shirley? Thanks so much for everything Shirley!I Love Everything! : )Nancy

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

Nancy ,I'm so glad you like everything.the other plant is a Voodoo lily,I'm so sorry,I dont usually forget to label but I had some unexpected little helpers.My four grand kids(three who are three years old and a sixteen month )were just sooo busy helping granny. I am surprised I didnt accidently wrap and label one of them....LOL
    Shirley

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

LOL Shirley,Oh how I wish you had sent one of them to me!! I am still waiting to receive my first grandchild.That would have been quite the surprise for me to open the box and have an instant grandchild fall out!LOL
    Oh a VooDoo Lily.Cool! How fitting for the season! : )Nancy

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Robin--my box just arrived!!! It's so much fun to get these holiday packages-!!
    ok folks-this is what I received!!
    a box of tastykakes--yum-eating one now!!
    Tithonia seeds
    Pumpkin Spice Candle
    crocheted ghost
    crochet scary pumpkin
    crochet black mask
    painted wooden ghost plaque
    'spooky notes'--love them
    2 spools of halloween ribbon
    2 halloween stamps
    cross stitch pumpkin kit-never done this before--might need some help--haha!
    What a fun box!! I love the handmade items, thank you so much!! My granddaughter will be trying to steal everything!!
    You were a great partner--and I hope to trade with you again soon!!
    Thanks again
    Jeanette

• msprettyky
    17 years ago

I got my box today. Thanks so much Heather! I love it all! I got a cool door hanger that says happy halloween, 2 halloween pumpkin pals decorating kits, a chinese take out container filled with all kinds of good stuff, halloween cookie cutters (thanks I really needed the frankenstien!),hanging ghosts for the tree, light up skeleton head, a warm pumpkin pie candle, some really cool monster magnets (my neice grabbed and ran),black paper notebook with white gel marker, and candy corn snapdragon seeds and a pack of tiger eye sunflower seeds. Thanks again for letting me participate! I love everything!

• sweetkitten51
    17 years ago

Skohler
    your package went out today.
    Sorry, the comfirmation was forgotten.
    Hope you enjoy it.

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The swap is going so well, I'm really proud of all of you!
    It's the 4th and most of the boxes have arrived (you had until the 7th to send them out!)
    I'll have to go through the list to see who didn't receive a box yet, but just from reading all the posts, it looks like most or all of you did! Everyone is really looking forward to Halloween!

• sweetkitten51
    17 years ago

Joy
    It's here !!!!
    I got a box full of great goodies in the mail today.
    It has a pair of Halloween socks(I never thought of that),a very pretty light orange candle(that has fall leaves in it),a bag of apple orchard potpourri,a wicker pumpkin,a box of tea lites,that smell like apple crisp,a package of jack-o-lantren conffeti,a package of halloween stickers,a braclet& neckles set,5 beaded holloween charmed braclets,a holloween plate & candy bowland,8 plants,with planting directions and a very cute black spider(I love it. It's nesting on my scanner,already).
    I had so much fun showing off everything in my box!!
    God bless and Happy Halloween !!!!!!!!

sweetkitten
    (Rita)

• skohler
    17 years ago

thank's rita Sure I will love it .
    will be watching for the goodies :))
    Happy Halloween all
    susie

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Box and Hostess gift went out Friday Oct. 6th to zipcodes;
    85015 conf# 0306 1070 0002 2248 6801
    60455 conf# 0306 1070 0002 2248 6771
    ENJOY!!!
    Jeanette

• skohler
    17 years ago

sweetkitten
    I'am very sorry For a very big misstake I thought the box was from Jeanette ( Number_1_Angel in our bloomin friends robin & I posted a picture & a big thank you over there .

so sorry for the mix up BUT You Both are from Iowa &
    you did not have a card your name , Nothing in the box to let me know it was for this Halloween box.

& jeanette was sending to me this month for our group .
    anyway I won't post the picture agin :) But will say it was a very nice box & My favoret is the coffee mug & teddy bear .
    thank you .

susie

• sweetkitten51
    17 years ago

Sorry Susie!!
    I found the card after I sent the box.

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I went through the list and ALL boxes were mailed and received! (Except Sue-Sguanzon) Her package was mailed on Oct. 6th, and on the way. Everyone had until Oct. 7th to mail packages out, and EVERYONE did so! WOW, what an easy swap! After Sue let's us know Her package has arrived, the swap is closed!

Deb

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Hey Deb--I checked USPS.com and your pkg was delivered 10/8
    and Sue's was delivered on 10/9
    Thanks for the fun swap--you did good girl!!!!!
    Jeanette

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jeanette,
    The package must of been delivered on Sunday to the post office, no mail came yesterday. I'll let you know if it arrives today.

Thanks,
    Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jeanette,
    Thanks so much, your package arrived! I loved the festive Halloween kitchen towel, glass candle holder/candle, yummy chocolates!

I really appreciate your generosity!

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I received my wonderful box from Jeanette! It was full to the brim with bright orange and black wrapped surprises!

I got:

a wonderful Halloween kitchen towel. I love to change my kitchen towels for the season and didn't have a Halloween-themed one - thanks!

a cute pumpkin votive candle holder with a scented candle in it
    a black and orange paper lantern
    a wonderfully scented potpurri mix
    a halloween wind sock
    a spider web wine/champagne goblet (so cute!)
    a spider on a spring
    a silver starred Halloween hat (sorry Jeanette - no digital camera to take a picture - my daughter kept saying "you're not going to wear that in front of my friends are you? - LOL!"
    a spooky hanging ghosty that emits an eeery sound - scares the daylights out of my little dog.........
    mummy's passion fruit tea bags and
    a ghost tin of chocolate kisses (oops all gone - how did that happen he he)

Thanks Jeanette!

Sue G.

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wow, Swap's complete!
    Thanks goes to EVERYONE for making it so fun...plus so easy to host!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!