Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovebnretired

update: new: mnf 'garden junk' part 2

lovebnretired
15 years ago

Hope you all like the subject line.

Just was not sure what to put there.

The older thread said it had reached its limit.

=======================

I'm Lovebnretired. I had hoped to join the Aug. swap and regreatfully must step out. Things here are $$$ straped and will be for a couple of months.

I will jump back in when I can afford the shipping again.

======================

I have been meaning to introduce myself to the group for days, just have not done it.

I wrote a short intro. that I posted on the General Talk forum entitled "Let me introduce myself" so I will not duplicate it here.

I just love reading all the post and looking forward to swapping and chatting with you all.

Lovebnretired

Comments (2)

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Hi there Lovebnretired, I'm Kathy! I don't think I've welcomed you to MNF yet :( I've been rather busy with other things offline, so I've been unusually quiet on the board here lately. Between being a newlywed (in May!) and having five children, three of which are still at home and needing to get ready for school, getting my 18 yr old's grant stuff together for collage and my new husband's grant info together so he can go back to collage this fall, as well as getting some prep courses done so *I* can go back to collage hopefully this spring, AND finally getting a small contract for my home business, I've been a little distracted away from my MNF buddies!

I wanted to introduce myself to you and welcome you to MNF! We're a great group and have lots of fun!

I also wanted to mention that there was a new thread started for the Garden Junk thread. If you'll look just a little further down, you'll see it :) No worries, we'll just let this one sink to the bottom of the list since the other one has the swap rules for everyone to reference :)

Look forward to getting to know you!

Kathy

• lovebnretired
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Woops!
    Now my age is showing. I wrote in the above post that I have introduced myself at the General Talk forum entitled "Let me introduce myself". WELL this SITE has no Such Thing HA HA!!!
    My mind is so sharp, That was posted on another garden site I joined.

I am glad you all like to laugh.

Here is a copy of that post:

Let me introduce myself

I retired after having 3 mild strokes 6 yrs ago. Sold my home and most furniture, etc. After a 3 year struggle to recover I moved into my Motor Home and hit the road. I enjoyed the life style of traveling for 3 years but alas gas prices put an end to that.
    So Jan. I sold the Motor Home and now live in a 2 bedrm. 2 bathrm. basement apartment at my youngest childs. She, her husband bought the house in Feb. this year. We all moved in April.
    When we moved in I owned 6 SMALL plants I had carried around the county. 3 are herbs for cooking, 1 is an aloevera, 2 are catus. My daughter moved from Glendale, AZ. bringing no plants. She and her husband had both grown up in Knoxville, TN and always loved it. So they decided to put down their roots back there after graduating from college.

I have all the yard responsibility while they have the house. Great deal on my part.

We all started out in the new home with very few plants both in and outdoors.
    Now this yard has been neglected for years. There is very little grass, mostly wild violets. Over 30 trees mostly Chestnut and Walnut. 8 Dogwood in the front yard. Hundreds of 7 to 10' honeysuckle bushes to be removed. Loads of 1 variety of green hosta.
    This year I am working mostly on the hardscape. So much to do it is overwhelming. Paths to make, to help with bad drainage. Sink holes to fill. Hard packed soil where old cars use to park in the yard. Front yard slants to house so it must be regraded. Fences to put up. Old over grown foundation plants the look like trees than shrubs. They have more broken limbs than healthy ones. 4 trees that lean over top of the house rubbing the shingles. ON and on.
    Lots to do. Little to no money to do it with.
    I just had to get 2 nice raised beds started and some shrubs [to scratch my itch and get things growing].
    O, I must say the whole yard is shade to part shade. I lied, a strip 5' wide next to the driveway is sunny until 4:00.

As far as house plants I Love them. This house has a 12' X 26' glassed in Sun Room. We have not even got to do anything with that room yet. It is on the December list of to-do's.
    My daughter has some health issues and can not stay on her feet much so she is going to be our houseplant gardner.

I do love being retired but sure do miss the $$$. Now I find I have lots of time for gardening but straped for money. A compost pile was begun the 2nd week after moving in.

So that the crust of my Garden side of life.
    Retired, GrandMother, Widow, Garden Fanatic;

Lovebnretired